Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E09: Den of Temptation #3; Nominations #3

• Start Topic

It took me a couple of days to calm down but fuck's sake, Elena, if you want safety for the entire goddamned house plus the surrounding town, DON'T THROW THE COMP.  Why would you quit?  Why?!?

Ugh.  Anyways, another curious thing is the radio silence on Jason's part regarding Christmas's injury.  I feel like there must be legal implications to that, especially if him falling on her causes a loss of livelihood.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Ugh.  Anyways, another curious thing is the radio silence on Jason's part regarding Christmas's injury.  I feel like there must be legal implications to that, especially if him falling on her causes a loss of livelihood.

I have been wondering this myself. The other day when she was sitting at the table telling them all how she'll never be the same, did you see how upset he looked? But he didn't go over to her to comfort her. And he seems like the kind that would. I almost wonder if lawyers are involved already and have told him not to admit anything on national tv. Hmmm. Or Christmas may have signed something before she signed on that another houseguest cannot be held responsible, or maybe CBS can't be held responsible. But I would bet that CBS is still picking up the tab for this. Although, nobody has poked the elephant in the room yet. Everyone says how it was "kind of" Jason's fault. Well I'm sorry, Christmas was half of that stupid horseplay too. She took the risk just as much as he did. 

• Love 5

I too would bet that CBS is taking care of Christmas this year. (Hah that name just keeps on giving) Just since she got hurt on the show but she doesn't have a leg to stand on legally. Heh.

I'm sure with all the slippery goo fall down comps they do that people sign away rights to sue over possible injuries and she 'caused' this one as well.

• Love 5
On 7/16/2017 at 11:24 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, no, I am over Kevin because of what was revealed in the live feed thread. And was he seriously talking about passing counterfeit money--on camera no less--or was that an act?

Oh nooooo....I'm afraid to ask. Can you spoiler tag what happened for me or possibly link me to the post in the Live Feed thread?

• Love 1
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Oh nooooo....I'm afraid to ask. Can you spoiler tag what happened for me or possibly link me to the post in the Live Feed thread?

No, Kevin was joking.  Spoilered for BBAD content:

Spoiler

Some of the wall hangings in the middle BR have some fake $100 bills in the picture frames as part of a collage.  One slow evening (on BBAD) when a bunch of HGs were hanging out having a BS session in the MBR, Kevin was telling Ramses that right before Ramses leaves the House for the last time Ramses should break the pictures, snatch the fake cash, and try passing them at a local liquor store before heading out of town.

Typical Kevin schtick, and in context was not intended to be taken seriously in any way.

Edited by Nashville
Added spoiler tags
  • Love 2

Everyone says how it was "kind of" Jason's fault. Well I'm sorry, Christmas was half of that stupid horseplay too. She took the risk just as much as he did. 

I'd be hard pressed to find a jury that would pin the blame on Jason. The tape clearly shows Christmas jumping on Jason's back while he plays along and gives her a "piggy back" ride. Then he stumbles and she falls. If anyone had a thought to blame him or sue him they wouldn't have a leg to stand on (no pun intended). It's not like he forcibly carried her off.

• Love 1

Both Christmas and Jason were goofing off, and it was an accident - no malicious intent.  

Besides - since...

1. Both Christmas and Jason are under contract to Production,
  2. The accident happened on a Production set, and
  3. Active filming was in progress,

... I'm sure Production is handling every conceivable cost - either to keep it from turning into a workman' comp case, or (if it's already classified as such) to show good faith in addressing the claim.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

No, Kevin was joking.  Spoilered for BBAD content:

Hide contents

Some of the wall hangings in the middle BR have some fake $100 bills in the picture frames as part of a collage.  One slow evening (on BBAD) when a bunch of HGs were hanging out having a BS session in the MBR, Kevin was telling Ramses that right before Ramses leaves the House for the last time Ramses should break the pictures, snatch the fake cash, and try passing them at a local liquor store before heading out of town.

Typical Kevin schtick, and in context was not intended to be taken seriously in any way.

No, that's not what I was referring to. I meant when Kevin

Spoiler

went off on a tear about Dominique sleeping in "his" space and told someone--don't remember who--that they should grab her by the neck and get her out of there. There's video of it in the live thread. I had a problem with his behavior on multiple fronts, the least of which was encouraging a likely impressionable houseguest to assault a woman. Now he may have been joking and doing his wiseguy shtick but I'm not prepared to give him a pass for it any more than I am to give Paul a pass for the blackface thing.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
sorry, I meant to spoiler tag that...
9 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

No, that's not what I was referring to. I meant when Kevin

Hey @Joimiaroxeu, just letting you know that the below statement is supposed to be under the spoiler tag instead of the quote tag. Just in case you missed it! 

41 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'd be hard pressed to find a jury that would pin the blame on Jason. The tape clearly shows Christmas jumping on Jason's back while he plays along and gives her a "piggy back" ride. Then he stumbles and she falls. If anyone had a thought to blame him or sue him they wouldn't have a leg to stand on (no pun intended). It's not like he forcibly carried her off.

Agreed. I don't think anyone really blames him. They all must know that it was a clear accident, right? 

• Love 1

Hey @Joimiaroxeu, just letting you know that the below statement is supposed to be under the spoiler tag instead of the quote tag. Just in case you missed it! 

Yes, I just realized it and fixed it. Sorry!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, llewis823 said:

I have been wondering this myself. The other day when she was sitting at the table telling them all how she'll never be the same, did you see how upset he looked? But he didn't go over to her to comfort her. And he seems like the kind that would. I almost wonder if lawyers are involved already and have told him not to admit anything on national tv. Hmmm. Or Christmas may have signed something before she signed on that another houseguest cannot be held responsible, or maybe CBS can't be held responsible. But I would bet that CBS is still picking up the tab for this. Although, nobody has poked the elephant in the room yet. Everyone says how it was "kind of" Jason's fault. Well I'm sorry, Christmas was half of that stupid horseplay too. She took the risk just as much as he did. 

Um, so let's say I have access to a contract that a network we'll call SeeBeeEss allegedly uses for their reality programs.  such a hypothetical contract would contain the following provision regarding the release of the program and other contestants from liability:

"15. As used in this agreement, the term “Releasing Parties” means and refers

to each of me, my heirs, next of kin, spouse, domestic partner, guardians, legal representatives,

executors, administrators, successors and assigns.

16. As used in this agreement, the term “Released Parties” means and refers

to each of Producer, CBS Broadcasting Inc., CBS Survivor Productions, Inc., Survivor

Productions, LLC, and DJB, Inc., Immediate Assistants Pty Ltd., and their respective parents,

subsidiary entities, affiliates, successors and assigns, and their respective directors, officers,

employees, agents, contractors, partners, shareholders, representatives and members.

I and the Releasing Parties hereby unconditionally and irrevocably

release and forever discharge each of the other contestants in the Series and the Released

Parties from and against any and all claims, liens, agreements, contracts, actions, suits,

costs, attorneys’ fees, damages, judgments, orders and liabilities of whatever kind or

nature in law, equity or otherwise, whether now known or unknown, suspected or

unsuspected, and whether or not concealed or hidden (collectively, the “Released Claims”)

arising out of or in connection with the selection of contestants for the Series, or the

production and exploitation of the Series, or the exercise of any rights granted by me in

this agreement. The Released Claims shall include but not be limited to those based on

negligence or gross negligence of any of the Released Parties, breach of contract, breach of

any statutory or other duty of care owed under applicable laws, libel, slander, defamation,

invasion of privacy, publicity or personality, and infringement of copyright."

(Emphasis mine, as it applies to Jason.)
Any lawyer will attempt to argue that a release is invalid or inapplicable, but it is at least there. Oh, and there will be an arbitration clause, requiring arbitration of any disputes rather than litigation in civil court.
You know, hypothetically.

• Love 1

I'm a WOC who does not like Dominique. I don't find her shady, but her constant "motivational" speeches, stupid (to me) "talk show," and religious speech makes me feel dumber every time I hear her speak. I don't have a problem with religious speech in general, but she brings it up in conversation where it comes across like she is trying to pigeonhole a religious sound bite into a conversation where it doesn't fit. Kind of like she suddenly realizes she hasn't said something religious and that is part of her "brand" (why must everyone have a brand?), so she tries to say something profound and it just doesn't fit. That makes me think it isn't as large a part of her life as she is trying to sell by speaking religion and reading her bible, and that makes me think she's a poser. 

I completely agree that they cast for stereotypes, and think that off the show she may not be so irritating, but she is trying to fit a mold and, to me, is failing in a very irritating way to watch.

She is still nowhere near as irritating and annoying, and just can't hold a candle, to the ass known as Paul. It may not have been as bad if he wasn't constantly the talking head of the show, every camera was always on him, if houseguests were talking and Paul wasn't in the room, we didn't see it. There were times that all four cameras were on Paul. He demands, orders, tells, etc., people what to do, then gets bitchy if they don't follow his orders to a T. Ramses is a perfect example. He is telling everyone Ramses is shady for not throwing the Veto like he "told" him to do, when maybe, if he asked, listened when Ramses told him he wasn't comfortable throwing a comp and changed his tact to accept what Ramses was saying about if he won, he would agree to not use it on himself, but that wasn't what Paul ORDERED, so it wasn't good enough. He told Alex her "options" for how she was going to run her HOH, too, and I didn't think the conversation was anything other than him ORDERING her to do what he said, and failure would put her on his shit list, also. 

TPTB seem to be listening to feedback, because Paul isn't taking over every camera anymore. I would really like to know what they think about Paul going over like a lead balloon to a good portion of viewers. His entrance resulted in someone being immediately evicted to make room, and he was given three weeks of safety so he couldn't immediately be sent packing, and even people who enjoy watching him have called foul about it. To me, the entire show looks fixed to keep him around, and even though we know it is manipulated by production, like @MrHufflepuff said, the magic green (for gastroparesis!) mist was clearly not costume removing magic green mist, but with Paul it is so obvious that it makes the show less interesting because it seems like I already know the winner of the season. And I don't like him. Justin from OTT would have been much better as a returning vet.

As an aside, I am currently on morphine for my gastrointestinal disease, which includes gastroparesis (but only at 69% for those who are familiar) and morphine makes me bitchy as hell and, apparently, wordy, and I'm very tired of listening to Raven's immediately pending death. I also have Multiple Sclerosis, a traumatic brain injury with resulting PTSD, a weird food intolerance, think I'm falling apart at the seams on a routine basis, and don't whine as much as she does. Actually, I don't whine at all, because it is hard for my family to see me suffer. Fun fact: morphine actually makes the gastroparesis worse, because is slows down the digestive tract, but since I can't eat anyway, and bitchy as hell is not considered a serious side-effect, the doctors have decided it was better than my blood pressure being sky high. Another fun fact: I have decided that addiction requires a certain brain chemistry, because in all the years I've had to take opiates, I have never had a rush or enjoyed the feeling; it feels awful, but that misery is better than the pain. See? Wordy as hell. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Christina said:

I would really like to know what they think about Paul going over like a lead balloon to a good portion of viewers.

Considering how many times they've made us suffer through other, more annoying vets (Rachel Reilly, anyone?), I doubt they care what a small portion (or a large portion, for that matter) of viewers think. They know that people will keep watching anyway. Look at all the people who have said they will boycott the show next year if Paul wins (which...wouldn't it make more sense to boycott this season?). These people are still watching and, despite their protests, most of them will still watch next season. BB is like a street drug and we're all addicted. TPTB know this and, as long as they get the ratings, I doubt viewer satisfaction is high on their list of priorities.

• Love 2

If Paul wins they'll be be setting a bad precedent, I think. Viewers will begin to assume that the vet who missed out on their own season has been brought back--with all the advantages of previous experience--to take the prize. Where's the mystery in that? Where's the incentive for new houseguests other than "I'm going to be the one to make sure the vet doesn't win!" As long as the producers give the vet the kinds of help they've given Paul then watching the show will become a waste of time.

• Love 4

I think people might be overreacting a bit when it comes to claims that the season is rigged for Paul to win. Sure, he won the first Temptation of the season but he can't win any more of them so there are no other special powers he's going to be getting. There have been so many seasons that featured returning vets, and so many instances that reek of Producer manipulation in regards to both vets and newbies, I'm not sure why this particular season seems to have upset some viewers other than the fact that they don't like Paul.  Now, if TPTB somehow keep finding reasons to give Paul special powers, I'll be the first to admit that the fix is in. I'm just not ready to blow off the whole season as a pre-ordained Paul win based on the fact that he won the 1st Temptation. 

He "won" the most powerful temptation. There are no more temptations to give out, the halting hex is the last temptation. Cody's game plan was to get Paul out because Cody saw Paul as a threat. Cody was right but his plan was not doable because of Producer interference.

If they wanted to use the three temptations they should have waited until the second or third week on air. That way viewers would have a chance to learn about the new contestants and develop a better understanding of the house dynamics. Instead, the Producers gave out the most powerful temptation when people had a limited amount of time to vote, which guaranteed that Paul would be tempted.

Producer interference is a common theme of the threads every season. Paul is the most recent, and quite possibly the most obvious, example of the interference.

It doesn't help that Paul was an asshat last year and remains an asshat this year.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm not sure why this particular season seems to have upset some viewers other than the fact that they don't like Paul. 

They've brought back fan (producer) favorites before, but none reeked of "do-over" as strongly as this one. In previous seasons that included vets with newbies there were a group of them - not just one. Nobody has ever been given three weeks safety before either. So yeah - there are always shenanigans but they've reached a new level this season. And I'd feel the same way no matter who it was - Paul, or James, or Frank, or anybody else.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3

I'm not surprised by the manipulations, it's just not enjoyable to watch when it's obvious TPTB like Paul more than me, and think he adds something great to the show to keep it exciting. Only, I don't find it exciting when he is my only option because he is on every camera, narrates the entire show, and I can't get a good feel for the others because they are only shown when Paul is in the room, and he takes over the conversation. This year feels like it's not worth watching because I know the ultimate outcome, and I had largely quit watching the feeds and have barely watched the episodes. 

It's improved this week with them showing the others when Paul is not there, but it is still really Paul heavy. I'm all worn out on Paul.

• Love 4

It's still not anywhere near to Rupert's Million on Survivor as far as rigged winners though. (And we've yet to see if Paul willl actually make it AND get the votes...) In the grand prize medal winners of tilted reality show winners Paul is still just getting started building his resume. We'll see how it plays out though. I can see more shenanigans on the horizon.

• Love 1

Yeah, I don't mind vets coming back per se, I just think two years in a row of a vet winng would be problematic. It remains to be seen whether it's in the bag for Paul or not. If not him then I think it could be Cody.