Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

Episode 3:

"Boys & Squirrels"

When Peter injures himself and a family of squirrels in a chainsaw accident, Chris and Stewie take in one of the injured rodents to nurse it back to health. Meanwhile, a chiropractor fixes Peter's injury by realigning his spine - and restoring him to his "true height" of 6'5".

Airs October 11, 2020.

I could've watched more of Cleveland with the bullhorn. The ONLY time I wish the Cleveland Show was still on.

I felt Peter trying to put the saran wrap on the food. I liked the Tall Peter storyline.

That squirrel was too cute. I was expecting something horrible to happen to it after Chris and Stewie nursed it to health...and then it did.

• Love 2

I thought the episode was fun but I thought it was an odd choice to have no follow up with Brian after he killed the squirrel. Why would they pass on the opportunity to have Chris and Stewie go off on Brian after he killed their pet?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

The plastic wrap bit was spot on.

As soon as he mentioned Saran wrap, I knew it would be a long drawn out cutaway. Plenty of time to get a drink and a snack. Haha. But it's so true. Press n Seal only for me, or aluminum.

10 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I was horrified when Brian killed the squirrel.

I like when Brian reverts back to his dog nature, like getting excited about chasing a ball. That was more animalistic and vicious. It seemed out of character.

• Love 1
On 10/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, OnceSane said:

"Boys & Squirrels".

When Peter injures himself and a family of squirrels in a chainsaw accident, Chris and Stewie take in one of the injured rodents to nurse it back to health. Meanwhile, a chiropractor fixes Peter's injury by realigning his spine - and restoring him to his "true height" of 6'5".

As soon as Peter told Lois he wanted to be restored to his original height, I remembered how Wilma Flintstone did the same thing on several occasions to her husband.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, OnceSane said:

"CutawayLand"

Peter and Lois accidentally set up a cutaway gag together, which somehow transports them into the cutaway itself.

Postponed until November because of a baseball game. Boo!  

• Love 1
On 10/12/2020 at 11:22 PM, Avaleigh said:

I thought the episode was fun but I thought it was an odd choice to have no follow up with Brian after he killed the squirrel. Why would they pass on the opportunity to have Chris and Stewie go off on Brian after he killed their pet?

On 10/13/2020 at 12:18 AM, anna0852 said:

I was totally expecting the rest of the episode to be Chris and d Stewie teaming up to kill Brian in retaliation. 

I was waiting for that to happen and pissed that it never did. Brian can never get too much comeuppance for anything. And that would have made the episode a million times better than turning Chris and Stewie into a couple in crisis. The writers don't give a shit anymore.

• Love 2

This was a great concept, with Peter and Lois quantum leaping through cutaways. Also loved that past cutaways were on the table (I always loved the Robert Loggia one). And man, weird to see the very first cutaway in widescreen. I completely forgot that the Hitler one was the very first one.

Also liked that they kept cutting to what the rest of the family was doing.

• Love 1

Kudos to Meg for having the balls to kill Hitler! Good for her Also loved her muttering. "Wasn't THAT worried."

LOL at Joe's voicemail music.

This was a fun one. Figures it was all a dream at the end.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1
On 10/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, OnceSane said:

"CutawayLand"

Peter and Lois accidentally set up a cutaway gag together, which somehow transports them into the cutaway itself.

Not bad. The callbacks to old callbacks was a pleasant surprise, but really, Tom Brady's MAGA hat? 🙄

FAMILY GUY:

"La Famiglia Guy". When Joe asks Peter to be the godfather to his daughter, Peter commits to his mistaken interpretation of the role so much that he becomes a real gangster.

A decent, if not familiar, ep, marred by several running "jokes" about various Trumps "hanging themselves in prison". 😒

On 11/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Galileo908 said:

"Godfather II?" I was wondering how long it took them to make a "Peter is a Godfather" plot. They've made him Italian before, and they've done mafia plots, but not a Godfather/Sopranos.

I thought Peter had never seen the Godfather movies, but they've done mafia a few times before. I remember one was something about asking for a favor at the wedding of the godfather's daughter but Peter wasted it on asking for a taste of his cheesecake. 

On 11/8/2020 at 10:46 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I do remember when there were two Julie Browns. 

Good times... 

On 11/10/2020 at 8:33 AM, Tachi Rocinante said:

I'm surprised they got away with all the spoken "fake Italian" nonsense.

Oh? I couldn't keep up so I probably missed things.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think To Live And Die in Dixie was the mafia episode about asking on the 'day of my daughter's wedding' for a favor. I still think it's one of the best episodes of the series. 

Those were two different episodes. The Dixie episode had everyone in witness protection after Chris witnessed a robbery. You're thinking of "There's Something About Paulie." 

Well, a Tornado Warning cut in the episode in the first couple of minutes and I felt like I missed too much. Peter started wearing a vest and they did vest jokes, and Meg started dating Bruce? Of course Bruce only married Meg because she's a beard. Totally a plot for the year 2020.

But I liked Peter's arms getting ripped off and they gradually grew back over the episode. 

"Meg's Wedding". Meg plans her wedding to an unexpected Quahog resident. Meanwhile, Peter finds a new vest and on one of many adventures fitting for his new attire, his arms are torn off and he is left with tiny hands that have yet to grow back.

This one was pretty good, plus, there didn't seem to be any Trump "jokes" this week. 

On 11/15/2020 at 10:45 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I thought everyone knew Bruce was gay. 

I thought that was part of the joke. 

• Love 1

Aww, they're not replacing the Mayor with another Batman. But Sam Elliott is a good choice for New Mayor. This was just an excuse to make Sam Elliott say silly things for 22 minutes and I am here for it.

And the laughing Librarian has a name: Elle Hitler.

Loved all the animal cameos at the end. The Evil Monkey! The Giant Chicken! The Ostritch! Mayor Bee! And the horse with the wonky eyes (Til Death)

Edited by Galileo908

Something occurred to me while watching the ep in which Stewie invented a machine to switch bodies with Brian. When he (in Peter's body) is at the sex seminar, the speaker reveals a photo of a woman's nether regions, which is some kind of scary monster. Is that what it really looks like, or was that what Stewie thought he was seeing? 

4 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:

Something occurred to me while watching the ep in which Stewie invented a machine to switch bodies with Brian. When he (in Peter's body) is at the sex seminar, the speaker reveals a photo of a woman's nether regions, which is some kind of scary monster. Is that what it really looks like, or was that what Stewie thought he was seeing? 

I'm assuming the latter as a riff on Stewie's issues with women and his own sexuality. I can only speak for myself, but none of the literally several I have seen none have looked like that...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, wknt3 said:

I'm assuming the latter as a riff on Stewie's issues with women and his own sexuality. I can only speak for myself, but none of the literally several I have seen none have looked like that...

That certainly would explain why no one else thought it was odd! LOL

• Love 1

The whole sunflower gag was weird but I liked it. I also got a huge laugh out of 'follow the honey'. 

I can't believe they got a 'keeping it up' joke. 

It is not entirely current, but I do find the statue issue interesting. I like that Lois said, 'where do you draw the line?' because statues seem silly to me anyway. Go ahead, take them all down. 

• Love 1

"Pawtucket Pat".
Brian's new job as a journalist leads him to uncover that Pawtucket Pat, Quahog's hero and brewery founder, took part in racist actions against Native Americans. The town becomes divided on whether or not to remove the statue that commemorates him.

This one was OK, but why did they skip playing a new episode last week? 

Not the first time Lois had a Christmas-related freakout. She really IS the one who ties the family together, especially at Christmas. But she's also just as bad as the rest of them. Grinch-face Lois was creepy as hell.

The best joke was that fancy stationary stores are for tiny farts only.

"The First No L". When the family fails to help Lois with the Christmas shopping, she walks out on the family, and the Griffins must try to save Christmas on their own

Meh. The spoof of The Grinch seemed half-hearted, but I did get a good laugh about her being hospitalized by her growing heart.

• Love 1
On 12/13/2020 at 9:08 PM, Galileo908 said:

Not the first time Lois had a Christmas-related freakout. She really IS the one who ties the family together, especially at Christmas. But she's also just as bad as the rest of them.

Lois also apparently can't stand the fact that her family can actually get by without her for any length of time... despite constantly whining about the fact that she has to do everything. So she stalks her family in the hopes of watching them crash and burn, sees that they're still having a good Christmas without her, and instead of being proud of them like a sensible human being she goes out of her way to wreck their Christmas by stealing from her own family.

To top it all off, she lets someone else take the blame for her crime and get deported. I know that none of these people are good, but this is Brian Griffin levels of Jerkassery here.

• Love 1

Heads up, there was a new episode tonight.

Oh look, a timely episode about an epidemic. I'm sad that it only lasted the first act, with the rest of the plot being about Peter as a nurse. I wasn't feeling it until he saw the Giant Chicken dying. Kinda wish he DID die, though. I enjoyed the family not caring about their rivalry.

2 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Did the Chicken ever talk before? 

Several times.

Also couldn't believe it took this long for "Brian acts like a cat" plot.

• Love 1