Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: Live Eviction #1; Head of Household #2

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, gigiann said:

What exactly will the Ring of Replacement do for the receiver?  Thanks

If they don't get picked for the Veto, they can swap themselves with someone who did. Essentially, they can play any Veto comp they want. But only once, I believe. 

• Love 1

I am just not a big fan of the, "Don't you know who I am?", schtick.  It comes off as really lame, and reeks of insecurity.   If house guests want to kid around with Julie, I don't think it is really that big of a deal.  I don't think anyone should be all that offended by that.  It is just a reality show, after all.  They have all sorts of goofy competitions in the house.  Are the house guests all of a sudden supposed to kiss Julie's feet when they start talking to her?

I think there's a lot of air between kissing someone's feet and acting like you know them like that when you don't. Plus, in some cultures it's considered rude and disrepectful--if not all out hostile--to assume too much familiarity with someone who's older than you, isn't a family member or close friend, is a business superior, etc. I get that the houseguests (the ones not named Cody, anyway) want to come across as casual and friendly but they have plenty of other ways to do that than going overboard with the person who has the boss's ear.

Also liked that she blamed Paul. That's likely why Julie rushed her off.

When Cody gets evicted that'll probably be the exit interview for the ages. Either he'll sputter and be mostly incoherent or he'll show a lot of false bravado and try to blame the houseguests who failed him. I hope Julie schools him.

19 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Why would a temptation winner (who was getting three weeks of immunity) tell a single person about it?  It would negate having the immunity in the first place.  No one is going to bother putting someone on the block if they know he has immunity.  

It's actually a good move by Cody to nominate Paul, because now everyone knows he has immunity.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's actually a good move by Cody to nominate Paul, because now everyone knows he has immunity.

It was a move that had terrible consequences for him and all of his peeps. Saying it was a good move just to out Paul's crystal is revisionist history... it was in no way "good" for him or his allies.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Sure but Cody didn't know that before he nommed Paul. He had no idea who was tempted or what it was. It was just dumb luck (yeah, right) that Paul won 3 weeks of immunity and Cody wanted to nom Paul on week 1 of that. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think Cody would have had a better point if HE had been forthright with his group. But he can't whine about Paul keeping his Temptation a secret, when Cody didn't tell anyone he was putting Paul up. And then replaced him with much-loved Christmas. Maybe they have some doubts in Paul now, but they've got a lot of reason to doubt Cody as well. 

I'm just really disappointed there isn't a Luke and a John in the house. 

Don't agree about Alex, but YES to the rest of your post. These pair-ups are so weird. I guess it's the boobs? Jessica and Elena both have big ones. But Elena just seems to overdone and loud-mouthed for a chill, athletic guy like Mark. Raven seems too "odd" for any of the bros. She's like a Cosplay character. I'd see her with someone like Paul before someone like Matt. I guess I'm probably being too stereotypical, but these match-ups just don't make much sense to me. 

I think this is most attractive cast in years. Christmas & Dominique are the prettiest.

14 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

It was a move that had terrible consequences for him and all of his peeps. Saying it was a good move just to out Paul's crystal is revisionist history... it was in no way "good" for him or his allies.

OK, but they now have someone to target now.

Edited by oakville
2 hours ago, gigiann said:

What exactly will the Ring of Replacement do for the receiver?  Thanks

It will force them on a trek into darkest Mordor, where they must destroy the Ring in the forges of Mount Doom.

You're welcome.

;>

• Love 11
Just now, Nashville said:

It will force them on a trek into darkest Mordor, where they must destroy the Ring in the forges of Mount Doom.

You're welcome.

;>

Is it gonna take 9 hours of airtime to go on a simple hike? Count me out. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

You're welcome.

;>

Now THAT would be awesome! 

Thank you

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, gigiann said:

Now THAT would be awesome! 

Thank you

Well...  Mount Doom, or the Jack Shack in the back yard.  

Personally if the choice was up to me, I'd probably go with the Mordor option.  

I'd have to think long and hard about it at the very least.

Come to think of it - "long and hard" probably isn't the best choice of words to use in conjunction with the Jack Shack, anyway.... 

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe they'd just have to bring the Ring to the feet of Mt. Jessica.

As for Julie, it's just a show tradition in parts but I look at it as she is the Queen of the particular and peculiar castle you are living in. Yes, she's still a person/bot but you're in her world and the proper respect should be shown. 'Hey girl, hey!!' may be a little out of the norm of diary room at voting time salutations. You can choose to throw in a compliment, but other than that a nice exuberant 'Hey Julie!' will never steer you wrong. And yes she prefers 'Julie' but that's as familiar as you should get...

ETA: Also, to bridge this again... they are in their right to do anything they want, even to not go along with "America's Vote" if it doesn't suit their purposes.

Edited by Wandering Snark

If they don't get picked for the Veto, they can swap themselves with someone who did. Essentially, they can play any Veto comp they want. But only once, I believe. 

That is the lamest freaking reward they could have come up with.  It doesn't come anywhere close to "safe for three weeks" in value. I mean, you get to play Veto? Big freaking deal. If you're on the block, you play anyway. I guess it could come in handy if you are a planned back-door nominee but you'd still have to win Veto first, so it doesn't do a whole hell of a lot. Not compared to three freaking weeks of safety. Good God. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah three weeks safety > 'play in a veto' by just a smidgen... a bit. I wonder if now that Paul is off the list of recievers all the weeks (until they give up on it as they always do) will be this lame. Maybe someone will get an extra vote, that one always works out to be a major advantage ;-)

Also with so many showmances in the house maybe someone will get a backyard dinner date! *insert eye roll*

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

That said,  Julie made a joke I think about Christmas, and the audience was afraid to laugh.   She practically had to give the audience the okay to laugh.  I don't know what the hell that was all about. 

Eh, I think she made a corny joke that wasn't really funny. Only a few audience members snickered, to be polite. So she acknowledged (thanked them for) their laughter.

I watch The Talk and she's really relatable, down-to-earth, self-deprecating, and funny. Not a Chenbot at all.

BTW, i also hate when the houseguests are overly chummy with her.  "Hey, Julie" should suffice. She is not their friend or their peer (age-wise, I mean).

• Love 3
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That is the lamest freaking reward they could have come up with.  It doesn't come anywhere close to "safe for three weeks" in value. I mean, you get to play Veto? Big freaking deal. If you're on the block, you play anyway. I guess it could come in handy if you are a planned back-door nominee but you'd still have to win Veto first, so it doesn't do a whole hell of a lot. Not compared to three freaking weeks of safety. Good God. 

You're correct, it's nowhere near the power of the Pendant of Ass Coverage - but I think you're missing the true power of the Fuck Your PoV Ring.  It isn't that FYPR lets you play Veto; it's that it lets you keep someone else from playing Veto - such as a BD target.

Of course a Battle Back will probably nullify all this shit anyway, so....

• Love 3

This is my first season of BB. I'd mostly ignored it, but I've fallen in with a group of reality show fans at work, so at their urging I'm spending the Survivor off-season with The Bachelorette and Big Brother.

So far, I find it fascinating. I have a $5 bet about whether or not I'll like it more than Survivor. I guess we'll see how it plays out, but one of my favorite reality show moments ever was Cody calling Jessica "Alex" in bed. My only regret is Jessica didn't put her fist all the way through him.

I'm currently bored with Paul, Josh, and Cody. (Really, Josh? You miss your mom? You've been in the house for, what, 10 minutes? Thanks for giving me another favorite moment when whatshisface called you out because his parents are dead.) I like Alex, though telling Cody she would come after him as HOH seemed boneheaded. I'm also fully on the Raven Train, but I kind of like quirky. I kind of go back and forth on Christmas, and it sucks about her foot.

I'm also weirdly tickled by the bromance between Kevin and the Rodeo Clown.

Everyone else hasn't made much of an impression on me yet.  But you can only squeeze so much into week one. The winner of last season seemed nice.

I expect at the end I'll still prefer Survivor, though these two games are different enough that it's tough to compare. I think there's room in my heart for both, with enough left over to be eager for Top Chef.

Thank Jesus I have all of you guys here to give me context :)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Having Megan leave the show as unexpectedly as she did, I was fully expecting an everyone is safe this week type of twist.

Can't have that. It would have wasted one of TheirBoy's three weeks of safety.

• Love 3
On July 7, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Drogo said:

(Shallowness commences)

Not to be a traitor to my gender and all, but I find Jessica so unattractive.  Elena looks like a gag gift you'd buy for a bachelor party come to life, and Raven is the Childlike Empress from Neverending Story.  Major side-eye to the guys in the house who started showmances with these three.  

But you're assuming these guys even looked at their faces or took notice of personalities. Boooooooooobs. 

• Love 4