Type keyword(s) to search

S06: Bianca del Rio

• Start Topic

Love, love, love--even just from the 10 minute teaser from the second half of the premiere. She's bitchy with a brain to back it up, and has already made me snort-laugh my wine.

"She's dead."

Oh, I'm still pretty much on board with her. She definitely has a tendency to get in a quippy response for EVERYTHING, but at least some of them landed & made me laugh.

I'm also slow to give up on the ones I've picked as my favorites (held out hope for way too long that Delta Work would pull it together), so I guess I'll see if Bianca starts getting on my nerves.

Bianca is my favourite, with DeLa as a close second. I think Bianca's quips are funny and I think that under that bitchy veneer is a caring soul. She's harsh, but she's always encouraging the other queens to channel their anxieties and fears into the competition. It's kind of like tough love, but maybe "love" is too strong a word. ;)

• Love 4

It's kind of like tough love, but maybe "love" is too strong a word. ;)

Way.  She's darling, I hate to say.  I love her sincerity.  I originally just loved her ability to be so funny, off the cuff.  I have done stand up and it's a bitch, I can't throw one liners out like her!  I must be secretly jelly of her...  Because I wanna be a bitchy queen and can't!!!!  Damn it!

I do love how she and Adore have come to be friends, which is funny because I certainly didn't think I'd like Adore at all!!!  

I thought she was so sweet to Trinity when she discussed her friend. I do love that she can throw that out and then go right back to "I'll pack your bags!"  But you just can't hold on to that last part because the first part was so nice.  LOL

• Love 1
(edited)

<scream whisper>Selena is DEAD!</scream whisper>

I think Bianca has this in the bag. I can't imagine anyone beating her in a finale at this point. My opinion on her has done a total 180 since the premiere. I absolutely hated everything about her in the beginning. I thought her makeup was terrible, her style was one note, and her jokes were just mean as opposed to funny. 

Now that I have gotten the chance to learn a little bit more about her, I would be so stoked if she won this season. 

Edited by evilandproud
  • Like 1

I think Bianca has this in the bag also. Drag Race likes its winner each season to be a slightly different style of drag, so Bianca will probably bring it home for the comedy queens. I can see her getting her own comedy show on Logo, and maybe even cross over to the mainstream on late night talk shows. She could really become Drag Race's first mainstream star, just like RuPaul herself.

• Love 2

I've loved Bianca since the first time we met her on the show, and she's just won me over more and more with each episode.  I think BDR is easily the queen with the most potential for success after the show, of all the seasons.  I'd love to see her get her own show--and I think that's a pretty good possibility, given her popularity this season.  Next episode is a talk show challenge, so I'm looking forward to seeing how she handles a trial run!

• Love 3

I'm on the Bianca love train, too. She has the polish of Chad Michaels, twice the humor of Manila or Shangela or Pandora, with all the likability of Jujubee or Latrice. He's a cute boy (those dimples!) and can do gorgeous woman when she feels like it -- she can even sew! I mean, she's everything! I know her nightclub act is really... mean, I guess I'll say... but she can do kindness and heart too. Like a lot of you, I honestly think she can carry her own show -- she can do a late night talk show, maybe late nights on Logo. She's amazing.

• Love 5

I think that just as Ru wears (or tends to wear) the same silhouettes, so does Bianca.  They've both found the look that's right for them and expresses who they are in drag.  Bianca's ability to be high glam isn't so important to me as the fact that she is extremely polished, confident, and solid in her presentation, as is Ru.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bianca is quit witted, does well with the hair and makeup.  I'm not surprised she won, but over all I felt this season was sort of blah and anti-climactic.

It's because anyone could have pegged Bianca as being in the final three right from the get go. It was kind of like season 3 where Raja winning was just inevitable and you were sort of along for the ride in the mean time. The lack of a real concrete villain also might have contributed to that feeling, although I am hesitant to express that because I LOVED not having someone like Roxxxy for Phi Phi in the finale just for the villain factor. 

Bianca is going to be at Buffalo Pride this weekend and will be performing the night before at a club I hang out at and I couldn't be more excited. I pursued a friendship with someone I don't even like as soon as I found out, just so I could have an in to get backstage to meet her. 

EDITED TO ADD: Holy crap she is awesome. There was a line literally down the street to get into the club to see her. I had seriously never seen anything like it at this club she was performing at. She was a killer emcee and did a meet and greet. I now own a autographed picture from her that says "Mark, thanks for the blowjob. <3 Bianca". She also emceed the pride festival the next day and owned it. 

Edited by evilandproud
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

As I mentioned in another thread, I am from New Orleans, so I knew about Bianca long before Drag Race. But I had never seen her out of drag until watching the show, and was taken aback by what a total Louisiana brah she is. It was interesting to see someone with that persona actually win!

• Like 1