Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/25/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I thought it was very interesting that Joy said that Mitch McConnell had polio when he was a child & benefited from a March of Dimes program, but when they came to see him about the proposed health program, he refused to see them.  Charming!!  What a P.O.S.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I didn't realize Joy had been let go, that was interesting.

None of us knew for sure since she's never mentioned this before.  However there were rumors back that she and Elisabeth were let go.  They said if one goes then the other one goes too.  Elisabeth kind of confirmed this on some show when asked about why she left the show.  She didn't really answer the question but in not doing so she pretty much did.  I guess this is also why she said she was done with the show and wouldn't go back and cohost or visit.  It seemed the powers that be let both her and Joy go in order to change the direction of the show.  Of course it all went downhill from there.    

• Love 5

If Joy thinks her Medicare is free - she is sadly misinformed.   The costs for Medicare come out of our social security payments so it is easy to think Medicare is free.  I know I pay for it along with  the additional cost of a supplemental policy.

• Love 5

I just don't want Whoppi thinking she takes care of her families healthcare and then can't understand why she can't get a return of her money for herself eventually if she dies in her sleep.

Actually I would love to know she provided her family with a Tech school education or college. Or didn't.

The fact that all should contribute to health care through their adult lives for the generations living seems to confuse her. Or a hospital stay can cost a quarter of a million for a 20 day stay. Like car or house insurance....until it happens and insurance helps them out.

• Love 8

Speaking as a geezer, the same "people" who  want to reduce the growth - but not cut, per Kelly A. Conway!! - Medicaid have previously proposed major reductions in Medicare, too, so Whoopi (well...) & Joy better stay on the ball!  Don't know where Joy gets Medicare treatment with zero cost to her - mine requires at least a co-pay. The GOP Senate bill would also re-institute annual &/or lifetime caps, & remove limitations on annual out-of-pocket maximums, at least for those with pre-existing conditions (which is most of us.) Don't know what the max insurable amounts would be, but as a point of reference, my 18 month treatment for Stage 1 breast cancer with Herceptin (a life saver which cost over $8,000 per infusion), chemo & surgery totaled over $1 million 9 yrs ago.  Have now aged into Medicare & am keeping my fingers crossed that there are no major changes - but those GOP "no" votes will probably be bought off pretty easily, as most want even greater reductions in care, & of course, tax relief for the put-upon rich.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, A.J. said:

None of us knew for sure since she's never mentioned this before.  However there were rumors back that she and Elisabeth were let go.  They said if one goes then the other one goes too.  Elisabeth kind of confirmed this on some show when asked about why she left the show.  She didn't really answer the question but in not doing so she pretty much did.  I guess this is also why she said she was done with the show and wouldn't go back and cohost or visit.  It seemed the powers that be let both her and Joy go in order to change the direction of the show.  Of course it all went downhill from there.    

But Joy was on well after Bitsy was let go.  The other thing she said was, she didn't like the way things were going, when she was let go. But I cannot recall who the co-hosts were at that time.  Certainly not Bitsy.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, geekburger said:

Also them talking about former co-stars (co-hosts?) bad mouthing shows once they leave had me feeling it was a direct swipe at Whoopi who has bashed the show in the past...and very well could be the next to leave?

I didn't really interpret it that way outside of Sunny's comment. She said something about being miserable and unhappy in the job you're in that sounded like a veiled description of Whoopi.

I thought Tuesday's show was an example of why I love Joy so much. She talks like she would if you were at her house. Everyone could tell she wasn't leaving on her own that first time (although, as she said, she lucked out not having to live through Jenny McCarthy, the Year of Barbara, and Whoopi's public meltdown). I knew Whoopi would respond somehow when Joy said neither she herself nor anyone else at the table deserves a tax cut. Whoopi is always bitching about her taxes, so I was waiting for the tirade. Loved her story about McConnell. He is disgusting. She's right that he and Paul Ryan are the real monsters here.

I'm glad Whoopi laid into Jedilyingliarwholies trying to speak out both sides of her mouth today on Trumpdoesn'tcare. "I would've voted against this," then two minutes later she's arguing with Sunny about why it's so great. Screw you, lady.

• Love 16
(edited)

My head hurts from all the desk banging I did watching yesterday's show.

Jedifoxbot clearly has never heard of vibrators or other mechanical sex toys that one can use. Her question to DeGrasse Tyson came off as if her "MAHYAN" might have played with or is thinking about playing with some mechanical blow up dolls. For FUCK'S sake, she actually asked if having sex with a robot, was cheating!??

And Good God, I never realized how STOOPID Whoopi was! She actually thinks that paying health insurance premiums is like depositing them in a bank account, and that those funds can be withdrawn to pay for whatever services or surgeries she needs! No, that's what HSA accounts are for, and those come out of your paycheck.??? Does her car insurance give her money when she has an accident to pay for repairs? She probably thinks that's HER money that they dish out. I'm stunned neither Joy or Sunny tried to correct her ignorance on that.

And Jedifoxbot can just SHUT IT about how she doesn't "like" the Senate's "wealthcare" but that what they're doing with the cuts to Medicaid, is the same thing that was happening under ObamaCare. Or that the reason why so many would lose insurance is because they "don't want it." And the premiums are jacked up because their is no stipulation or onus on the INSURANCE CARRIERS to NOT do it. Maybe if Obama had been allowed to put in a cap or allow for more competition, it would be better. But it's a miracle we got the AHCA, with all the obstruction and amendments the Republicans threw in.  And I only mention this, because it's false that the reason premiums get jacked up are because of Obamacare. At least with ObamaCare, the increases aren't as much as they were BEFORE it passed.

I can't wait to see today's show to see which side Jedifoxbot takes now that wealthcare has been tabled until after July 10. McConnell is an ASSHOLE and needs to be kicked OUT. Along with Ryan and everyone else. 

And wow, when did Sara get so informed and her input wasn't just fluff? I loved what she said during hot topics.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 17

Yes, Sara has been very good lately. I loved what she said about being nice to people on the way up the ladder because you might see them again on the way down. So true, lol. If you try to be kind to people, they'll remember it and they might help you to have a much softer landing.

9 hours ago, bannana said:

But Joy was on well after Bitsy was let go.  The other thing she said was, she didn't like the way things were going, when she was let go. But I cannot recall who the co-hosts were at that time.  Certainly not Bitsy.

Joy announced she was leaving in March. Elisabeth announced she was leaving early July, and left the same day. Joy left at the end of the season, a month and a half later. I remember thinking it was a shame we couldn't have got more time with Joy without Elisabeth at the table.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, tvaddict44 said:

I too enjoyed the Neil DeGrasse Tyson story about Stephen Hawking.  I was trying to remember exactly what Hawking said to his question - it was quite perfect in its simplicity.  Anyone remember exactly?  Next time I write these words of wisdom down to keep.

In answering an Isaac Newton question about calculus, Hawking responded, "You can't think of everything." 

• Love 1
(edited)

Jediblahblah is on a tear this weak with her blatantly stupid remarks. I guess she feels she has to pipe up and be the uber conservative mouthpiece at every turn or she might lose her job, but she makes my blood boil.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

It's her stanky attitude on this show that has made me at least, look at her in a negative way.  

THIS!!   I think if she had never been on The View, very few of us would have our low (informed) opinions of her.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Medicare treatment with zero cost to her - mine requires at least a co-pay

I thought Medicare required the claimant pay 20%.  That's why I have Medicare Advantage and have affordable co-pays for various levels of service.  Also, Joy is paying $109-ish every month for Medicare.   Joy may have some sort of supplemental insurance from ABC/Disney and she didn't factor that in.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yes, Sara has been very good lately. I loved what she said about being nice to people on the way up the ladder because you might see them again on the way down. So true, lol. If you try to be kind to people, they'll remember it and they might help you to have a much softer landing.

Joy announced she was leaving in March. Elisabeth announced she was leaving early July, and left the same day. Joy left at the end of the season, a month and a half later. I remember thinking it was a shame we couldn't have got more time with Joy without Elisabeth at the table.

Thank you @TheGreenKnight.  I am totally misremembering this.  So if Joy announced in March, that means TPTB told her she would not be getting a new contract, and then a few months later, Bitsy was let go on the spot?  Wow.  Do you recall who else was at the table at that time?

41 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

THIS!!   I think if she had never been on The View, very few of us would have our low (informed) opinions of her.

And I would still be enjoying her movies. Now, I can't and won't watch any of them.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Crankybroad said:

"1 in 5 kids under the age of 14 drowns"

Sunny, where did you get that very questionable statistic? Way to scare the crap out of people. 

It's probably more like - Of children who die under the age of 14, 20%, or 1 in 5, die by drowning.  That's a statistic that would make sense (I don't know the exact numbers, but that's one that, if someone quoted, I would think, yeah, that makes sense. 

Jed's support of Sarah Huckabee, and saying that she thinks much of America feels the same way?  Oh Jed, dye your hair blonde and maybe Fox News will have you back.   The press secretary's job is not to "push back on the press" - it's to provide information to the media, and by that, providing information to the public.   Jed then goes to the trump talking point of "Obama was worse, and the media didn't attack him the way they attack trump."  Good lord, Jed!  stop getting your information from the Twitter-in-Chief and do some damn research!

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, bannana said:

Thank you @TheGreenKnight.  I am totally misremembering this.  So if Joy announced in March, that means TPTB told her she would not be getting a new contract, and then a few months later, Bitsy was let go on the spot?  Wow.  Do you recall who else was at the table at that time?

I checked it out on wiki, and it looks like it was Joy, Bitsy, Sherri, BaWa (who I completely forgot about) and Whoopi, who made up the panel.  Although it seems like Jenny was a part-time host?

So when Joy said the other day she didn't like what was happening then, those are the co-hosts she is referring to. Interesting.  Although she could have been referring to the producers and BTS stuff.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, backformore said:

It's probably more like - Of children who die under the age of 14, 20%, or 1 in 5, die by drowning.  That's a statistic that would make sense (I don't know the exact numbers, but that's one that, if someone quoted, I would think, yeah, that makes sense. 

Jed's support of Sarah Huckabee, and saying that she thinks much of America feels the same way?  Oh Jed, dye your hair blonde and maybe Fox News will have you back.   The press secretary's job is not to "push back on the press" - it's to provide information to the media, and by that, providing information to the public.   Jed then goes to the trump talking point of "Obama was worse, and the media didn't attack him the way they attack trump."  Good lord, Jed!  stop getting your information from the Twitter-in-Chief and do some damn research!

This is what it is per the CDC website:  About one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, bannana said:

I checked it out on wiki, and it looks like it was Joy, Bitsy, Sherri, BaWa (who I completely forgot about) and Whoopi, who made up the panel.  Although it seems like Jenny was a part-time host?

No, Jenny wasn't even a host during Joy's last season. I remember when they announced she would be the new host for the new season, I was wondering WHY they would even think of her and choose her? She may have been a guest host once? Or just a guest peddling something. I don't care enough to look it up, heh.

And Bitsy wasn't let go all of a sudden, on the spot. There were rumblings of her leaving for months, but as is typical, ABC denied them until it happened.  I'm just glad there was no party for her.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, bannana said:

This is what it is per the CDC website:  About one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger

OK thanks.   that's an even less scary statistic than what I was thinking.   Sunny saying 1 in 5 children drown - I hope no viewers believe that, because Yikes! keep your kids away from all bodies of water!

This show often misrepresents statistics, but it's not usually Sunny who does it.  It reminds me of a movie scene (possible steel Magnolias, but I could be wrong)  where someone said "the paper said 1 in 5 people are Chinese.  You know what that means?  Out of the 5 of us sitting here, one of us is Chinese and doesn't even know it!"

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, backformore said:

For a "Libertarian" Jed is sure ready to accept whatever the government (i.e. the White House) tells her.  Isn't one of the characteristics of the Libertariam movement a skepticism of government?  Why does she think it's the job of the press secretary to "push back" against the press?  Aren't the press the voice of the people?

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, backformore said:

OK thanks.   that's an even less scary statistic than what I was thinking.   Sunny saying 1 in 5 children drown - I hope no viewers believe that, because Yikes! keep your kids away from all bodies of water!

This show often misrepresents statistics, but it's not usually Sunny who does it.  It reminds me of a movie scene (possible steel Magnolias, but I could be wrong)  where someone said "the paper said 1 in 5 people are Chinese.  You know what that means?  Out of the 5 of us sitting here, one of us is Chinese and doesn't even know it!"

Yes, this is an entirely different statistic that Sunny read.  The question is, did she read it wrong or did 4 am guy get it wrong?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, this is an entirely different statistic that Sunny read.  The question is, did she read it wrong or did 4 am guy get it wrong?

I'm betting the 4 am person misrepresented the statistics he gave Sunny.

• Love 2

There may be a glimmer of truth in Whoopi's idea that insurance companies owe you refunds. Under Obamacare, insurance companies are required to spend at least 80% of the money they get from premiums on medical care. If they don't, it's refund time and those checks to policyholders hit the mailboxes.** Here's an article. So I wonder if somehow Whoopi got that confused and created her own narrative about how insurance works? 

(Similar to how she thinks black people didn't legally get the right to vote until 1965, despite the passage of the Fifteenth Amendment in 1870? The Voting Rights Act struck down a lot of barriers to voting, but black people were voting before it was enacted.)

**What do you bet that this particular provision of Obamacare will be the first to fall if this Congress gets its way?

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

There may be a glimmer of truth in Whoopi's idea that insurance companies owe you refunds. Under Obamacare, insurance companies are required to spend at least 80% of the money they get from premiums on medical care. If they don't, it's refund time and those checks to policyholders hit the mailboxes.** Here's an article. So I wonder if somehow Whoopi got that confused and created her own narrative about how insurance works? 

**What do you bet that this particular provision of Obamacare will be the first to fall if this Congress gets its way?

That would require Whoopi to do research to find that out, and she's too lazy to do that.  All her explanations for what she knows is based on her life experience and some of what she learned in school.  Plus, she wasn't talking about subsidies within Obamacare, but just a general "if I'm paying premiums and don't need service for how many years, then I want my money back." Because she didn't NEED the insurance. She seems to think that one should pay when one needs services. She kept saying "I'm paying into it" like social security that gets deducted, and then when you retire, you receive the benefits.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

There may be a glimmer of truth in Whoopi's idea that insurance companies owe you refunds.

You are giving Whoopi way too much credit, Chicago.  

• Love 6

What the fuck??!! Seriously, What in the BLUEDILLY FUCK???!!????

If I could have, I would have reached through my teevee and snatched that hypocritical laughing hyena BALD! ???

What was that bullshit Jedifoxbot was spouting about how ObamaCare was "passed by deceit?" And boo-fucking-hoo! Everyone is being mean to ? Menace! That she actually believes that Obama "got a pass" from the media?! I'm not sure why Whoopi choked in trying to prove Obama got it worse-all she came up with was "he's unAmerican." When we had all that coverage about birtherism, how he was a secret Muslim, BENGHAZI!!! 

As far as what the job of the Press and Deputy Press secretary is? It is to GIVE ANSWERS and information, NOT to "push back" because they're legitimately asking questions, but that this Administration sees as being mean and bullies. 

As for her being tired of seeing the Chiron of the Russia investigation and how she was whining about how they shouldn't keep on it until they HAVE something, she can take a Big GIANT dose of STFU, because last year, this twat did nothing but harp on how Hillary compromised National Security and Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi! And even if Hillary was cleared, her using a private server "Could have compromised National Security" and we "just don't know it yet." She was leading that charge and harping about her need to know.

If she believes that the press should be censored, then she should move her skank ass to Russia or China.

I'm soooo glad she wasn't there when Will and Amy were on, but then I did, just to have Amy slice her with class.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was wondering WHY they would even think of her and choose her? She may have been a guest host once? Or just a guest peddling something.

Bill Geddie and Roger Ailes are twins separated at birth?   Both lusting after pretty blondes with good figures?

• Love 3

So when Joy said the other day she didn't like what was happening then, those are the co-hosts she is referring to. Interesting.  Although she could have been referring to the producers and BTS stuff.

I'm pretty sure she was talking about the producers, etc.  

And Bitsy wasn't let go all of a sudden, on the spot. There were rumblings of her leaving for months, but as is typical, ABC denied them until it happened.  I'm just glad there was no party for her.

If I was fired for no good reason, I wouldn't want a party either.  I'm sure Elisabeth didn't want to pretend that all was great plus have a party on top of that. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm soooo glad she wasn't there when Will and Amy were on, but then I did, just to have Amy slice her with class.

When I saw The Queen of All Knowledge wasn't on that panel it made me wonder if there are certain guests who request that a specific View host NOT be in on their discussion.

AND...I'll continue to ask this question.  WHY must we be subjected to those worthless and silly games...which actually interrupt good conversation, brilliant minds, and hilarious and quick-witted guests.  Very recent examples:  Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Amy Pohler, Will Farrell.  If many of us detest the games...think of how the guests feel.  Often their messages are cut short because some hotshot producer had a "clever idea."  

P.S.  Kadooz to GHScorpiosRule for correct use of the word "twat."

• Love 14
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

When I saw The Queen of All Knowledge wasn't on that panel it made me wonder if there are certain guests who request that a specific View host NOT be in on their discussion.

AND...I'll continue to ask this question.  WHY must we be subjected to those worthless and silly games...which actually interrupt good conversation, brilliant minds, and hilarious and quick-witted guests.  Very recent examples:  Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Amy Pohler, Will Farrell.  If many of us detest the games...think of how the guests feel.  Often their messages are cut short because some hotshot producer had a "clever idea."  

P.S.  Kadooz to GHScorpiosRule for correct use of the word "twat."

Well, when Barry Manilow was supposed to appear after Rosie left, he said he didn't want Bitsy to be there, so his interview was cancelled, because Bawa said The View don't roll like that-that ALL the hosts participate.

I HATE, LOATHE, DESPISE those stoopid games! Yesterday was truly horrific with the bad puns.

Thank you, @Former Nun! I do my best!??

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
(edited)

Two of my most favorites moments on the show were when EH crawled into BW's lap. And when she had the audacity to ask Obama "where are the jobs!" When she was selling clothes on QVC made in China,  my first tweet ever was to EH as I was so incensed with her question. But there were more - her morning meetings with Geddie, calls from Hannity, refusing (as a busy mommy) taking a call from Chelsea Clinton. Or being so excited riding the bus with Palin and chatting on the show to a video of herself in one jacket creation (kinda of Jackie-O-ish) and commenting on Palin's clothes which were then a hush hush subject.

Odd though - EH was full of laughs from me and Jediblahblah is disturbing and annoying.

Edited by maggiemae
Yikers - spelling!
  • Love 9
(edited)
17 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Two of my most favorites moments on the show were when EH crawled into BW's lap. And when she had the audacity to ask Obama "where are the jobs!" When she was selling clothes on QVC made in China,  my first tweet ever was to EH as I was so incensed with her question. But there were more - her morning meetings with Geddie, calls from Hannity, refusing (as a busy mommy) taking a call from Chelsea Clinton. Or being so excited riding the bus with Palin and chatting on the show to a video of herself in one jacket creation (kinda of Jackie-O-ish) and commenting on Palin's clothes which were then a hush hush subject.

Odd though - EH was full of laughs from me and Jediblahblah is disturbing and annoying.

Don't forget when she made a potshot about Michele Obama not being fresh faced in comparison to Mrs McCain or how about the time she cried about not being able to use the N word.. Bitsy was an ignorant fool and she lasted too long in a job that she was not qualified to be in. I hated how Joy was muzzled by Geddie, so, that, Bitsy could make her pronouncements unchallenged.   life is so unfair...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Two of my most favorites moments on the show were when EH crawled into sh lap. And when she had the audacity to ask Obama "where are the job!" When she was selling clothes on QVC made in China. my first tweet ever was to EH as I was so incensed with her question. But there were more - her morning meetings with Geddie, calls from Hannity, refusing (as a busy mommy) taking a call from Chelsea Clinton. Or being so excited riding the bus with Palin and chatting on the show to a video of herself in one jacket creations (kinda if Jackie-O) and commenting on Palin's clothes which were then a hush hush subject.

Hey - how about EH hating the fist bump between the Obama's and then gave Michelle one on the show. Good times!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What was that bullshit Jedifoxbot was spouting about how ObamaCare was "passed by deceit?" And boo-fucking-hoo! Everyone is being mean to ? Menace! That she actually believes that Obama "got a pass" from the media?! I'm not sure why Whoopi choked in trying to prove Obama got it worse-all she came up with was "he's unAmerican." When we had all that coverage about birtherism, how he was a secret Muslim, BENGHAZI!!! 

Whoppi SHOULD have brought up that all Obama had to do was wear a tan suit, or order Dijon mustard on a sandwich, and he got criticized.   And go to a church where the pastor had made some inflammatory statements.  Jed forgets that Obama was held responsible for anything done by anyone associated with him -  and that these were repeated, over and over, by Bitsy  herself on The View.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Two of my most favorites moments on the show were when EH crawled into BW's lap.

Good times, good times! My favorite was when Kathy Griffin went on the show and EH turned her back on her and stuck her nose in the air. She was a parody of "miffed" right out of a teen sitcom. It proved to me that she was incredibly immature and also that she faked human/teen emotions. Thick as veneer, that one.

• Love 10
(edited)
6 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Good times, good times! My favorite was when Kathy Griffin went on the show and EH turned her back on her and stuck her nose in the air. She was a parody of "miffed" right out of a teen sitcom. It proved to me that she was incredibly immature and also that she faked human/teen emotions. Thick as veneer, that one.

I loved how Kathy was loving how she was getting under her skin.   Bitsy looked like a fool.. Why did Kathy have to go and do that stupid, ignorant, stunt, sigh...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10