Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

Darren looks well put together as himself at events, so I'm not getting the always sloppy allusion.

This. That's why I was surprised by his suit at the Equality Family thing because I always find him very well tailored. With the Ellen appearance, at first, because they had them all awkwardly squished together in that first clip, his purple socks were just awkwardly standing out to me. But when they were playing the game and I got to see his entire look, I loved it and thought the pants and vest were both very well tailored and fitted.

Yes, he's a hairy guy, I'm assuming because of his Filipino heritage, so if he doesn't shave for like a day there's probably a five o' clock shadow happening but I honestly don't think I've ever thought he looked sloppy. I actually quite like his style/look outside of Glee. Then again, Blaine and well put together is never something I thought once they started dressing him like Steve Urkel's long lost cousin.

Edited by truthaboutluv

Well, I think they are seen as "sloppy" when lounging at home or dressed everyday casual, just because people are used to seeing them dressed to the nines by the Glee wardrobe or by their stylists for events, and forget they aren't their characters or the tv stars personas 24/7. I was smh at a few Chris fans who were talking about his "horrible" outfit in one of his recent IGs -- and he was in a sweatshirt and cutoff jeans at home with his dog on his lap doing his book edits. Like, do they expect he'll wear a tux and style his hair? 

Edited by fakeempress
I was smh at a few Chris fans who were talking about his "horrible" outfit in one of his recent IGs -- and he was in a sweatshirt and cutoff jeans at home with his dog on his lap doing his book edits. Like, do they expect he'll wear a tux and style his hair?

Well of course....   ;)

(edited)
From what I've seen (disclaimer!) -- the one Glee guy who doesn't look sloppy in everyday life is Kevin, he likes fashion.

True, He takes risks and is not afraid to be out there, he does put thought into what he wears.

Hit or miss (and believe me sometimes it's miss !!)  Kevin is a true fashionista.

Harry does the casual chic very well too,. but of course I'm extremely biased. 

Edited by caracas1914

Nope sorry not buying the 'we were all in tears'. I think they were glad to see the back of it.

Every time I see Jenna discuss the end of Glee she starts laughing.

And of course they captured the worst picture the could find of her. If that had been Lea Michele or Heather Morris it would've been destroyed.

Yes, he's a hairy guy, I'm assuming because of his Filipino heritage

I hate to generalize, but typically people of east/south-east Asian descent aren't very hairy. I would be more quick to attribute Darren's mega-follicles to the western Euro side lol.

This. That's why I was surprised by his suit at the Equality Family thing because I always find him very well tailored

Totally agree.  One thing I have always admired about Darren is he is usually very well tailored.  So many celebrities, especially men, don't understand the importance of it when it comes to bringing together a look (see Cory's many ill-fitting suits, especially early on.  I am a huge fan of the guy but back then I wanted someone to take him to a tailor stat).  Darren does which is why when he wasn't at the Equality event I was surprised.  

Edited by camussie

I mean it's like a high school graduation or some other major event like that. You're totally glad/excited to be done with it, but I remember a lot of goodbye tears from people.

Yep. Even Matt cried, and we know how much he was looking forward to new projects.

I think its definitely possible that even if they weren't too happy with production, that they'll miss each other. Jenna and Rachel looked like better friends than I'd assume they were. Chord and Darren are always together off screen. Jane seems to be beloved. Etc.. They might not miss RIB, but they could very easily miss each other. 

Totally agree.  One thing I have always admired about Darren is he is usually very well tailored.  So many celebrities, especially men, don't understand the importance of it when it comes to bringing together a look (see Cory's many ill-fitting suits, especially early on.  I am a huge fan of the guy but I wanted someone to take him to a tailor stat back then).  Darren does which is why when he wasn't at the Equality event I was surprised.  

I've seen him in some boxy jackets before they started putting him in Topman. I guess with this white jacket, they didn't have time to fit it better, it happens.

Matt and Chris said they cried. Don't believe it, I think it just sounds like good PR.

Definitely don't think so. It's more than usual to feel nostalgic and tear up saying final goodbyes to the crew and cast, with whom they have been together for 6-7 years. And Chris is very close to the crew, he's talked many times about that and some of his closest personal friends are Glee crew members. Jenna said they put the crew in front of them in the final scene and then everyone cried -- I can definitely believe that. Also, they said they went with Brad in the auditorium and sat down and talked --it feels like what they did in The Quarterback. 

Edited by fakeempress

I

Definitely don't think so. It's more than usual to feel nostalgic and tear up saying final goodbyes to the crew and cast, with whom they have been together for 6-7 years. And Chris is very close to the crew, he's talked many times about that and some of his closest personal friends are Glee crew members. Jenna said they put the crew in front of them in the final scene and then everyone cried -- I can definitely believe that.

I suppose, they do call it La La Land for a reason!

Matt and Chris said they cried. Don't believe it, I think it just sounds like good PR.

Matt has always been a crier, so I don't have trouble believing that he cried on the last day of filming.

So do I!  It's like any graduation where you've spent a couple of years and most of your days with the same group of people.  You grow close and it's hard to say goodbye.  How is that hard to believe? Geez!

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 5

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. No matter what issues the actors have with Glee, they've still spent six or seven years together, working, having a good time, and now they won't be seeing as much of each other as they have been. Glee being over will be nostalgic for them, so of course they're going to get emotional over it. 

Unless they all loathed each other, of which I've seen no evidence (obviously and naturally some are closer to each other than with another), I absolutely believed they were emotional even while yes being more than ready to move on from the show. Because no matter how awful it got and my goodness it did, it really changed a lot of their lives in a significant way and that's always going to mean something. 

• Love 3

I suppose, they do call it La La Land for a reason!

Liking the people you work with isn't really some kind of foreign idea that only tree-hugging entertainment types pretend to feel.  Or, I guess, it shouldn't be.  Free to be you and me and all that.

Edited by Myrna123
  • Love 1

Chord's saying he was cracking up at the end because they were all close to 30 playing high school kids all emotional or whatever was actually pretty funny.

"Speak for yourself." LOL

Because no matter how awful it got and my goodness it did, it really changed a lot of their lives in a significant way and that's always going to mean something.

Yup. It's really not hard to believe it would all boil up and come out...especially when the crew was in front of them. No matter how glad some of them might've been at that point to be free of Glee.

Liking the people you work with isn't really some kind of foreign idea that only tree-hugging entertainment types pretend to feel.  Or, I guess, it shouldn't be.  Free to be you and me and all that.

Sobbing because you won't see them everyday is.

Maybe it's a cultural thing. I remember David Tennant on the verge of tears when his stint on Doctor Who ended but he stopped himself because it was so ridiculous.

It wasn't about that. I don't get how you misread a really straightforward talk? The crying and feeling emotional was on the final day of filming, and the final couple of scenes at that. It's not as if they said they have been crying buckets ever since. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

Yes, that's exactly what they said they were doing.  And also rending their clothes and I believe tearing their hair out.  But I guess that's how people who feel things behave.  You're either dry-eyed and sensible about something ending or you are falling on the floor, blubbering and crying inconsolably for days on end.

• Love 1

It wasn't about that. I don't get how you misread a really straightforward talk? The crying and feeling emotional was on the final day of filming, and the final couple of scenes at that. It's not as if they said they have been crying buckets ever since.

The last day they sobbed like little babies. Did I miss anything?

I'm a little confused. Do you think they should have reacted differently on the last day? Do you think they should have shook each other's hands, said 'Good work' and then left? I'm actually genuinely curious as to what your point is.

• Love 2

Your original post said you didn't believe the part where they said "we were all in tears". But now they're "sobbing like little babies". One doesn't equal the other. A person can tear up or even cry without sobbing like a baby.

• Love 2

Do you think they should have shook each other's hands, said 'Good work' and then left?

Part of me thinks that's what they did and this crying malarkey is PR. But yes, that's exactly how grownups in a professional working environment should react.

Maybe it's a cultural thing. I remember David Tennant on the verge of tears when his stint on Doctor Who ended but he stopped himself because it was so ridiculous.

Not cultural, just that everyone reacts differently to things. Emma Watson was a sobbing mess when they wrapped the Harry Potter films, Daniel Radcliffe, not so much. But he did hug everyone and was emotional, he's just not much of a crier.

But yes, that's exactly how grownups in a professional working environment should react.

So the Friends cast, who were all very emotional and sobbing when they wrapped up the show weren't grownups? 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Not cultural, just that everyone reacts differently to things. Emma Watson was a sobbing mess when they wrapped the Harry Potter films, Daniel Radcliffe, not so much. But he did hug everyone and was emotional, he's just not much of a crier.

They were actually children.

So the Friends cast, who were all very emotional and sobbing when they wrapped up the show weren't grownups?

Doesn't sound like it.

Part of me thinks that's what they did and this crying malarkey is PR. But yes, that's exactly how grownups in a professional working environment should react.

Well, Glee has never had a professional working environment, to be completely fair :)

I personally disagree, because of how much time these people have spent together and that nobody is 100% professional, especially in the entertainment industry, but it's ok to disagree. 

You missed and misinterpreted all they said now, and before, how they made real friends on that set, and how they lost one of them, Cory. They went through a lot together. One has to be completely blind not see that. Go listen to Kevin's show that I linked and tell me it's all BS. Chris went on Glee right after finishing high school -- and met his closest friend on that set (Ashley), and other very close friends like one of the makeup ladies, whom he regularly includes in the acknowledgement page of his books -- that's not BS and not who Chris is to BS about things like that.

The BS thing was the DaLeaStreet  PR but it was obvious from a mile away. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 4

Honest to goodness who are we to tell people how they react when a journey they have been on ends?  Seems that no one on the set had issues with some of the cast and crew crying nor did they think they were acting like children.  Some people are criers.  Some are not.  I personally am not a crier but I have seen people who are leaving my very straight-laced consulting firm cry as they say their goodbyes and I didn't judge them as a child.  

Beyond all of that a TV/movie set is not same a typical office.  These people were working 18 hour days at one point.  They traveled together on two tours, the second one which involved them spending a month straight with each other.  They were in a huge media spotlight - something that very few people have ever had to deal with.  While still in that same spotlight they dealt with the death of someone they loved and respected.  Of course it was emotional to say goodbye.  Showing those emotions doesn't make someone a child.  Just like being more reserved doesn't make someone cold.  

The BS thing was the DaLeaStreet  PR but it was obvious from a mile away.

Too true.  I still shake my head over ham-handed that all was.  It is like some intern at Fox PR said last spring "I've got it.  Chord, Darren, and Lea are going to be the ones kicking off the show next season so DaLeaStreet should be the tag we push on social media.  That will surely get people talking about the show. Ryan, you kick us off the night you are live tweeting."  And he did.  And it was so obvious.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 8

Also, these people spent months with each other in hotel rooms and at all hrs of the day. There were times when the only people they interact with was each other. Like Amber said, there was a point that she knew more about what was going on with Lea, Diana, Cory, etc..than she knew about her own sister, because they were spending all their waking moments with each other.

This was not a normal 9-5 job, especially for originals, who went on tours with each others, therefore, spent months and months together and away from their families and outside friends.

So to be leaving all this behind, would be hard for anyone. 

• Love 3

Whatever their off-screen relationships may be (and I'll be the first to say that I highly doubt that there are all that many really close personal friendships off set), these people worked together for at least the past five years together. They've been through a lot and even if they aren't seriously close personal friends, they've managed to survive the Glee pressure cooker together. It's a stage in their lives that's come to and end and even if they don't see one another socially, it's not a surprise that they're going to feel a bit emotional on the last day of filming. It's a big part of their lives that's over.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 2

You missed and misinterpreted all they said now, and before, how they made real friends on that set, and how they lost one of them, Cory. They went through a lot together. One has to be completely blind not see that. Go listen to Kevin's show that I linked and tell me it's all BS. Chris went on Glee right after finishing high school -- and met his closest friend on that set (Ashley), and other very close friends like one of the makeup ladies, whom he regularly includes in the acknowledgement page of his books -- that's not BS and not who Chris is to BS about things like that.

I'm taking it Sick Of My Own Voice is ironic. God that was painful. Who has a guest and barely let's them talk.

Jenna doesn't sound in the least bit emotional. She actually sounds professional.

I think that is what it is too, a cultural difference. I know that whole "stiff upper lip" kind of fortitude prided on in the UK. Still, it's pretty culturally insensitive to insinuate that the American actors from Glee and Friends are somehow "less than professional" or "ridiculous" for crying at the end of their show run. Its generally acceptable and not considered a faux pas in the states to cry during an emotional surge.

Its like if someone American said keening is a wildly inappropriate thing to do at a funeral. Its not their place to judge that because its not an American cultural standpoint.

There's having a different opinion and then there's being contrary for the sake of being contrary, and your posts frequently err on the side of the latter.

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 4
they've been through a lot and even if they aren't seriously close personal friends, they've managed to survive the Glee pressure cooker together.

I think that is a key part along with the tragedy that one them didn't survive it.  I agree that most of these folks aren't close friends off the set but that doesn't discount that they went on this journey together - a journey that involved some amazing highs (singing for the President) and some tragic lows (Cory's passing).  Moving on from that is an emotional experience.  

Jenna doesn't sound in the least bit emotional. She actually sounds professional.

According to Jenna on Ellen she cried.  So, according to you, that means your favorite is just as unprofessional as the rest of them.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

Many of them were brand new to LA when they first got glee.   The only relationships they had were the cast cause that is all they had time for.

Of course some are more friendly than others but after a few year they were finally all able to cultivate their own circles of friends out side the of the cast.

That doesn't mean they aren't still friendly with cast but the have their own separate live which they really did not have in the first 2 seasons. 

I personally see true affection for each other for the most part.  And as time goes on any conflict falls away and for the most part I think they will have fond memories.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 2

According to Jenna on Ellen she cried.  So, according to you, that means your favorite is just as unprofessional as the rest of them.

*shrugs*

I don't have a problem criticising her if she did. Doesn't make her a lesser singer/actress/dancer.

Whatever their off-screen relationships may be (and I'll be the first to say that I highly doubt that there are all that many really close personal friendships off set), these people worked together for at least the past five years together. They've been through a lot and even if they aren't seriously close personal friends, they've managed to survive the Glee pressure cooker together. It's a stage in their lives that's come to and end and even if they don't see one another socially, it's not a surprise that they're going to feel a bit emotional on the last day of filming. It's a big part of their lives that's over.

The closer ones I can think off the top of my head are Chris with Ashley, Amber, Dot and also Oliver who played Adam, Kevin-Jenna-Naya-Telly Kousakis-the dancer ladies, Lea-Groff, probably Chord and Darren, Mark seemed close to Cory, Grant is close with a few of them. It's not that few if you add the crew - -who are more behind the scenes. Specifically about the crew, Kevin also talks about them. There was a question at one of Chris's Emmy roundtables way back in 2011, whom of their castmates they would give their Emmy to, and Chris chose Zack Woodlee and Telly Kousakis, both more behind the scenes guys. 

====

(not in reference of your post)

I have changed four work places since I finished college. I met two of my best friends at two of these professional environments. That's how life works. If anyone can't see that or is trolling, tant pis pour lui as the French say. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I am from the UK and totally admit to crying on my last day of Primary and Secondary schools, university and most jobs I had since that lasted more that a couple of years. The main reason aside from missing friends was the overwhelming feeling of a big change in my life. When you are used to doing the same thing in the same place hours on end for years, that changing is shocking to the system lol, at least to me. So I don't think its an American cultural thing and fully by that the cast cried on set on that last day.

• Love 3

Okay, guys. A few things.

1. No matter how much another poster annoys you, it's not okay to attack them personally. Stick to debating their posts without bringing their character into it, or...

2. Pretend their posts don't exist and just carry on with other discussion. If that's hard for you to do when their posts are right there, you can click on the profile icon at the top of any page, click on "manage ignore prefs," and set it so that their posts are automatically hidden from your view. (I know that you can still see their posts if someone quotes them, but that's beyond our control. Sorry about that. Try to ignore.)

3. If you've made a point a few times and the discussion is going nowhere, move on. The rest of us don't want to read the same post 10 times in a row in different words, trust me.

• Love 1
(edited)

With Chris he was all of 18 when Glee changed his life and suddenly it's nearly 7 years later.

I also would think that the emotional elephant in the room was they started the journey with Cory and he wasn't there at the very end.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 5

The closer ones I can think off the top of my head are Chris with Ashley and Amber, Kevin-Jenna-Naya-Telly Kousakis-the dancer ladies

This not snark in the slightest, but I had genuinely no idea Jenna and Naya were friends. Not that I thought the didn't like each other, I just had no idea they were particularly close.

For obvious reason I do love what Jenna referred to as Puckertitty!

Well Lea and Jenna have known each other since childhood it seems, and of course there is Lea/ Jon which predates Glee.

Others are fairly easy to see. Chris/Ashley, Kevin/Jenna, Mark/Cory ( sadly past tense) , Naya/Kevin. (Kevin even accompanied her on her wedding dress shopping for big Sean!)

Others are seen at events together or are working still (Amber/Kevin) so let's see if they pass the test of time no longer working side by side.

It seems Kevin is fairly tight with practically everyone.