Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

I am not making a straw man argument. Maybe you and I just have different definitions of the situation. As I clearly noted, yes the words "epic romance" was not used but when people are claiming wild superlatives and declaring amazing things about a relationship that had only just started with about four lines of dialogue, then yeah I inferred from that they clearly thought it was going to be some amazing relationship. It wasn't saying, Adam seems nice and he'd certainly be better than Blaine.

As I noted, immediately after Adam's first appearance on the show, it was essay length posts after posts about how much he clearly appreciated Kurt more than anyone else had on the show (seriously, forget Blaine. According to some no one had appreciated and acknowledged Kurt's talent like Adam, ever on the show),  it was a better connection than Kurt had ever had, there was a maturity and closeness like never before and on and on. I do not see these kinds of comments as seriously thinking this was going to be the half assed mess it eventually turned out to me. 

I'll respond in Relationship, because the labels are confused here.

Jenna attended a party for Tumblr, of all things, but looked characteristically gorgeous:

Seeing all these images of her out and about just drives home how Glee really did her dirty on the show when it came to frumping her up. I never really noticed how gorgeous she is before. 

I LOVE Matt's vocals on it, but the performance makes me cringe, which was intentional.

Will on Toxic never bothered me it was the way too many cuts back to Jacob Ben Israel.  They over did JBL and then the getting caught getting off to Rachel  was all too much.

My favorite part of that performance is when Lauren Zizes yells, "Mr. Schue, I wanna be your hat!!!" Slays me every single time.
From among the girls, Jenna really cleans up best. I've always liked her fashion sense, it's modern without being try-hard, and works very well to her benefit

I agree with this. I feel like her fashion is more effortless than the rest of the Glee women and it really suits her.  

(edited)

LOL, I love how they just splice in Chris' Klaine interview session from the Wedding filming as if it's part of this new round of interviews as to what is "Glee". (Erego Harry and Vanessa)

However the Groff in his tux from the season finale looked really good!

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Part 3 of Out's retrospective:

http://www.out.com/television/2015/3/18/glee-pilot-oral-history-part-3-set

I thought these two parts were interesting:

Rivera: In the pilot it was really one off to me, in my mind. I figured I would play her as a bitchy sidekick. But after that, when I was sitting in a choir room with a ton of people, I would think, “ How will I stand out without having any lines.” I told my husband the other day, I was like rolling my eyes and popping my neck for every joke. I wanted that camera on me.

Eyrich: The red shirts for “Don’t Stop Believin’ ” was going to be a whole different outfit. They were going to be in a show choir look. The night before about 6 p.m., Ryan found me and said Fox didn’t want them in a show choir look because these kids were just starting out, and were the underdogs, and wanted them to look like it. We ran all over town to American Apparel and Urban Outfitters, wherever we could, to try and find something to match the red and whip out costumes that look homemade but could hold up. We tried to dress each one in the flavor of their character.

Shenanigans! If I didn't already have issues with #1, #2, and #3, the fact that one Jesse St. "I travel with my own motherfucking spotlight" James doesn't even make the list invalidates the whole damned thing. I mean c'mon! Watch LTYH. He has his own spotlight! It's like Beyonce's portable fan! jk

• Love 3

Tina isn't a diva. She tried but it never worked. I would've subbed either Jane or Madison in for Brittany, and ranked her lower. None of those girls out diva Quinn.

Tina is a diva. Hell, she won the Diva contest in season 4 with the best performance of that entire season.

Jane and Madison's problem is they aren't divas.

Tina is a diva. Hell, she won the Diva contest in season 4 with the best performance of that entire season.

IMO Tina's number in Diva wasn't even the best one in that episode, let alone the season.

I think Tina became diva-esque as the series went on, though. She definitely should have been ranked higher than Brittany. The only times Brittany has been a diva is when she's having a mental breakdown.

Part 3 of Out's retrospective:

http://www.out.com/television/2015/3/18/glee-pilot-oral-history-part-3-set

I thought these two parts were interesting:

Yeah, I had no doubt Naya had a game plan, a smart actor will do what she did in her situation. 

In part 1, the way Naya was quoted was that Santana didn’t have any lines in the pilot, so she had to audition with Mercedes's sides. This sounds to me like she was auditioning for Santana, but maybe elsewhere she said it differently that she auditioned for the part of Mercedes?

In part 1, the way Naya was quoted was that Santana didn’t have any lines in the pilot, so she had to audition with Mercedes's sides. This sounds to me like she was auditioning for Santana, but maybe elsewhere she said it differently that she auditioned for the part of Mercedes?

Yeah, I just did a quick search to see if I could find an original article where Naya says she originally auditioned for Mercedes but maybe it was one of those Glee fandom telephone games where she said she auditioned with Mercedes lines and that got turned into auditioning for Mercedes. 

Yeah, I had no doubt Naya had a game plan, a smart actor will do what she did in her situation.

I have a lot of respect for an actor's ability to go from a background character with no lines to one of the most popular on the show.

Patrick Gallagher was also interesting about taking the reigns of his character, and using his own (unorthodox) props. 

The last two parts of this oral history series sound like original interviews. I was thrown off at first because Ryan's quote in part 1 was from his speech at that event. 

Edited by fakeempress

I get it but its a little sad that during 2 hours of  Empire Fox promoted many shows and several for next season like Scream Queens but only had one 10 second voice over at the very end (by the time people probably switched the channel) to watch glee on Friday not even a promo.

The lack of promo outside of some social media doesn't surprise me at all. It's not like Glee's had the ratings to justify any kind of media push for the final episodes, so why waste money or ad space that could be used to promote shows that are actually getting ratings/good critical note/buzz?

Fox is the primary network I watch, and I've been kind of surprised by the lack of promos for the series finale. They promoted the season premiere quite heavily, so I guess they've decided to cut their loses. You'd think they'd try to drum up some amount of nostalgia for a show that was such a staple for the network, because I'm sure a lot of people would tune in again to see how the show ended... if they actually knew the show was ending this week.

(edited)

Other than the tragic reasons for watching Season 5's ' The Quarterback', I think FOX realized Glee was a lost cause and nothing else would bring back the audience it once had. What does it say that on Fridays a throwaway program like " Funniest Fails" gets higher ratings and audience share all season over Glee? It's not like that show gets tons and tons of PR and promo.

Glee has been on the air for 10 consecutive weeks on Friday, it's more the GA wrote it off and never looked back. Sad as it is I can't blame them with how the PTB derailed the show in a combination of ineptness, indifference and hubris. Blaming the lack of ratings on Fridays or little marketing obscures the obvious, the product itself has lost any mojo.

People forget that FOX was still pushing/ promoting the show very heavily in Season 4 and part of Season 5.   The ratings for a show of it's budget and tenure to reach .7 at it's best this year says it all.   If Glee gets a 1.0 in the finale it will a major triumph relatively speaking.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Still, it is the series finale, so you'd think FOX could spare a bit of time on it. There might be a slight bump to .8 for the show to go out on!

That said, I don't watch FOX that much, but I do remember seeing some promos for the 2-hour finale earlier this week. I guess the network just doesn't want to waste its hottest ad time (Empire) for its lamest show. Can't say I blame them... Although, Glee was good enough to use to promote Scream Queens. Bubble gum pop!

Glee has been on the air for 10 consecutive weeks on Friday, it's more the GA wrote it off and never looked back. Sad as it is I can't blame them with how the PTB derailed the show in a combination of ineptness, indifference and hubris. Blaming the lack of ratings on Fridays or little marketing obscures the obvious, the product itself has lost any mojo.

I don't doubt this. Lack of promotion didn't scare viewers away, the show did. At the start of season 6, there was a huge push for this show, and I saw promos everywhere drumming up the fact that we'd be seeing these characters for the last time, but looking at the ratings, they still couldn't break past 0.7, so they obviously weren't wooing many people back. I just find it surprising that I haven't seen a peep of promotion for a series finale, because I personally, check in to series finales of shows that I've dropped or only casually watched for closure, and since Glee was once considered a phenomena, I would think that there are many other former watchers who fell in love with the early seasons who would do the same. The ratings for the first episode of the season, which were heavily promoted proves otherwise, so I understand why Fox isn't wasting the money.

• Love 1

Rialto Chatter: GLEE Cast to Perform Live Farewell on Broadway or Beyond? (Broadway.com)

"On Friday night, the cast of GLEE gathered at a farewell panel at Paleyfest to discuss the show's six year run, and the future. Amongst the questions and topics to the panel, was if we might see the cast reunite for additional live performances on Broadway or elsewhere. Lea Michele's answer? She would 'love to'.

We can confirm that it wasn't just a stock answer, as talks have indeed already taken place about possibly reuniting the cast for some sort of farewell, encore performance later this year. No doubt they're watching closely the immense interest in the cast of SMASH, who appear to have pre-sold out an Actors' Fund benefit just from the initial announcement and Kickstarter. Stay tuned Gleeks!"

"...talks have indeed already taken place about possibly reuniting the cast for some sort of farewell, encore performance later this year."

Glee, how can we miss you if you won't go away?

• Love 2

I get it but its a little sad that during 2 hours of  Empire Fox promoted many shows and several for next season like Scream Queens but only had one 10 second voice over at the very end (by the time people probably switched the channel) to watch glee on Friday not even a promo.

I noticed this as well, but I can't say I'm surprised. I'm guessing ad time for Empire did not come cheap. It is a shame because any promotion they did would have been reaching 10-11 million people at least. When was the last time Glee was seen by 10-11 million people? And it's got to sting ever more because a show like Glee somewhat paved the way for a show like Empire. But i'm guessing the ratings/lack of buzz this season just didn't warrant the extra promotion.

I hope in 20 years everybody still looks back on it and that Glee holds up and stands the test of time.

It's good for a man's reach to exceed his grasp, I guess...

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 1

Why would they even try for 21?  And how are people like Sugar and Spencer even on that list? I guess they want the clicks from people going through the slide but go for 15 instead so it's not silly.

It's funny that that list is called Most Memorable Villains when Harmony is on there, and I honestly forgot she even existed.

I love Harmony but she wasn't particularly villainous. She just showed Rachel she wasn't a small fish in a big pond.

Harmony declared  there would be a  blood bath in the future to Kurt.   But Ryan was never really interested in Lindsay Pierce so it was dropped.   I still think she only got a 2 episode guest spot becasue he picked all boys to win and he reluctantly included her as a winner too.