Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

New S8 footage!!!...Well, three seconds’ worth in an HBO promo. (Link is at /Freefolk, but the promo is on the GameofThrones Twitter account.) Jon and Sansa embrace in the Winterfell courtyard (I’m guessing in 8x01...?). Close up of Sansa looking over Jon’s shoulder, pissed.

No doubt looking past him at Daenerys and/or other people who just rode into the courtyard with Jon.

• Love 3

Sansa doesn't look happy one bit.

Yeah sort of a cool hug, then her eyes raise and she looks to her left, not happy, not sure if it borders on anger though.

I slowed it down as low as it allowed.

Edited by GrailKing
  • Love 2

OK guys, time to analyze and predict all of season 8 based on a three-second clip.

Jon hugs Sansa, Sansa looks angry. She is probably looking at Daenerys. Sansa is glaring at Daenerys. SANSA HATES DAENERYS. She is angry at Jon. She is plotting their downfall. Uh. Not sure what this all says about Arya or anyone else. But I think we have a rough outline of season 8!

• Love 8

Just read on FF, freakydoctor talk

Posted byu/Ks427236
Mad Queen Sansa2 hours ago
Rough translation of Frikidoctor's new video
video is about "what happened in the dragon pit? And a double betrayal theory"

he still thinks s8 will premiere in april

the theory that follow is more in fun than anything else, just trying to kill time between now and the premiere which is still a long way off

its a big mystery what scenes were done in seville . Mentions ff and people here thinking Emilia may have been hidden in vans and stuff, he is confident she was not there at all. He thinks many cast members like the waif, jaqen, and Jaime were just there for a big party.

says he recently realized there has been a coronation at the dragon pit before, that is where Aegon II was crowned thus kicking off the Dance of Dragons. The dragon pit is the choice for coronation when the throne room is not an option. Based on his belief that cersei will not be in power by ep6, and the rumor that the throne room will be destroyed by then, he thinks the dragon pit scenes will be a coronation.

although Jon snow is the rightful heir to the throne he thinks it will be daenerys' coronation ceremony because: Jon has never wanted glory or accolades, Jon bent the knee to daenerys and declared her his queen, and boatsexbaby here of FF said the parentage revelation would not drive a wedge between Jon and dany

because of the large amounts of fake snow he says they used at the pit, plus approx 40 extras filming scenes with Jacob Anderson in the pit he thinks the coronation ceremony will be disrupted by the arrival of the night king, thus kickingoff the second dance of dragons between dany and the NK. He is unsure if Jon snow will mount up. This would also explain why she didn't film in seville, her part will be up in the air on drogon

he says he has discussed the possibility of daenerys dying and being revived a thousand times, but its worth mentioning again since there is a strong rumor on Freefolk that daenerys will have a very near death experience, and if so that would make her able to experience something similar to what she saw in the HOTU visions (reuniting with her loved ones). If she was then brought back that would mean westeros is ruled by 2 fire wights (Jon and dany).

double betrayal theory: calls it a "double betrayal" because it will be done by 2 characters, sansa and tyrion.

sansa's reason for betrayal is because she is tired of feeling like second best. She dislikes the targaryens for killing her grandfather and uncle, she dislikes Jon handing the north over to dany. She thinks Jon is just googly eyed over dany. At the last minute she wants to chabge everything in the coronation ceremony, but she can't do it alone.

he says they know from an extra that some of the soldiers in the DP fighting the Unsullied will be Lannister soldiers. So his theory is that Tyrion becomes sansa's ally.

looking at s7 we see that tyrion seemed upset when he had a front row seat to boatsex. We also know he was disappointed with daenerys when she burned the tarlys. Tyrion is also concerned with the line of succession after daenerys.

he theorizes that maybe in s8 we will see tyrion lust for power because he has spent his whole life as a dwarf, despised and displaced,etc etc.

sansa knows that she can manipulate tyrion, because he was attracted to her when they were married. Him still caring about sansa is shown when he asks Jon about her on Dragonstone. Friki wondered why they chose to stick that scene in there if its not relevant to the future plot.

so tyrion and sansa will try to usurp Jon and dany and take the throne for themselves at dany's coronation ceremony, the NK will interrupt, dance of dragons commences, and both sansa and tyrion may die as a result of their betrayal.

caps it off by saying it might just be a nonsense theory, but it would fit well with sophie's mentions of crazy betrayals in the final season, and would explain why she was crying while at dinner with kit and Maisie (he actually said 'arya' but I assume he meant maisie) in Seville.

I'm not a native Spanish speaker and there's a high chance I'm missing some details or nuances. For those who speak Spanish better than I do, please correct me where I'm wrong.

If Tyrion turned into a villain, it would indeed be "brave" and piss off a lot of people, regardless the side of the internet. 

I don't think it's likely since he's been such a goody-two-shoes on the show, and a betrayal of Dany during the war would be stupid; as for Sansa's arc, it seems that it leads her to stick with her family instead of dropping them in favor of her personal ambition. However, because of the Ominous Look at Boatsex Room and Promo Pissed Off Sansa, as well as a couple of interviews, I can't say there's zero possibility -unlike 100% nonsense like Tyrion betraying for Cersei, offering Sansa to her as a gift etc.

Gendry was in a one-second shot in the clip, and the shots of Arya were from her scene with Nymeria and the wolfs. Not that it means anything, but it was nice to see them all the same LOL.

(edited)
8 hours ago, SeanC said:

No doubt looking past him at Daenerys and/or other people who just rode into the courtyard with Jon.

Usually, GOT promos haven't spoiled character meetings or reunions, so showing a Jon/Sansa reunion from what I'm assuming is 8x01 is a change of pace. Maybe they're assuming (correctly) that the audience figures the Jon/Sansa reunion is a done deal, so there's no problem in revealing it in promotional material. The promo folks are still saving the good stuff, though--Jon/Arya, Dany/Sansa, etc.--as one would expect.

Also, news from EW:

GoT returns for its final six episodes that will air during the first half of 2019. There have been reports over the weekend claiming the show’s return has been “delayed” to mid-2019 making not eligible for Emmys until 2020. Rest assured, “first half of 2019” means exactly that, and HBO expects the show will air all its episodes in time for the 2019 Emmy eligibility cut off. 

Yay!

7 hours ago, GrailKing said:

its a big mystery what scenes were done in seville . Mentions ff and people here thinking Emilia may have been hidden in vans and stuff, he is confident she was not there at all. He thinks many cast members like the waif, jaqen, and Jaime were just there for a big party.

It makes no sense that minor players who were absent from S7 like Wlaschiha and Faye Marsay would show up in Seville for a party but not Alfie Allen, Daniel Portman, Nathalie Emmanuel, Kristofer Hivju, or Jerome Flynn, who are all in S8. (Nor do I buy that HBO would fly some minor cast into Seville just for a party.)

although Jon snow is the rightful heir to the throne he thinks it will be daenerys' coronation ceremony 

They're going to hold a coronation ceremony when the NK is still unaccounted for? That would be optimistic. Holding a coronation ceremony without Jon and Dany even present would also be very strange.

double betrayal theory: calls it a "double betrayal" because it will be done by 2 characters, sansa and tyrion.

"Tyrion betrays everyone" is the new black.

he says they know from an extra that some of the soldiers in the DP fighting the Unsullied will be Lannister soldiers

Yes, because the only reason there would be Lannister soldiers attacking Dany's forces is if Tyrion's directing them to do so. 

[Tyrion] still caring about sansa is shown when he asks Jon about her on Dragonstone. Friki wondered why they chose to stick that scene in there if its not relevant to the future plot

It's amazing to me the knots that people twist themselves into to avoid acknowledging the obvious Sansa/Tyrion endgame. Frikidoctor comes so close--wondering why the writers showed Tyrion asking about Sansa in 7x03, indicating that Tyrion still cares about Sansa--but instead uses that evidence as fuel for his harebrained betrayal theory.

caps it off by saying it might just be a nonsense theory, but it would fit well with sophie's mentions of crazy betrayals in the final season, and would explain why she was crying while at dinner with kit and Maisie (he actually said 'arya' but I assume he meant maisie) in Seville.

We already have a perfectly plausible explanation for Sophie's tears in Seville: Sophie was crying in Seville because it was her last day filming GOT.

And judging from interviews, Sophie would be thrilled if Sansa executed a last-minute betrayal and died a villain. That sort of thing is right up Sophie's alley.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Usually, GOT promos haven't spoiled character meetings or reunions, so showing a Jon/Sansa reunion from what I'm assuming is 8x01 is a change of pace. Maybe they're assuming (correctly) that the audience figures the Jon/Sansa reunion is a done deal, so there's no problem in revealing it in promotional material. The promo folks are still saving the good stuff, though--Jon/Arya, Dany/Sansa, etc.--as one would expect.

Yeah, I think the Jon/Sansa hug is a safe, no-CGI required, thing for HBO to show in the promo.  We already know Jon is heading back to Winterfell where Sansa is, and we have already seen their actual big reunion in s6. Seeing a quick welcome hug between those two is nothing new, compared to the anticipated Jon/Arya reunion and people finally meeting Dany etc.

It makes no sense that minor players who were absent from S7 like Wlaschiha and Faye Marsay would show up in Seville for a party but not Alfie Allen, Daniel Portman, Nathalie Emmanuel, Kristofer Hivju, or Jerome Flynn, who are all in S8. (Nor do I buy that HBO would fly some minor cast into Seville just for a party.)

I thought we had confirmation from somewhere that there was a behind the scenes documentary being filmed in Seville while the filming was going on?  So it was suggested that some of the actors from past seasons who showed up in Seville may have been participating in the documentary?

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

Yeah, I think the Jon/Sansa hug is a safe, no-CGI required, thing for HBO to show in the promo.  We already know Jon is heading back to Winterfell where Sansa is, and we have already seen their actual big reunion in s6. Seeing a quick welcome hug between those two is nothing new, compared to the anticipated Jon/Arya reunion and people finally meeting Dany etc.

Yes. I'll be interested to see if the S8 trailers are edited to avoid any group shots of the characters who will reunite or meet at Winterfell, since that's something HBO has in past seasons carefully avoided in promotional materials. 

I thought we had confirmation from somewhere that there was a behind the scenes documentary being filmed in Seville while the filming was going on?  So it was suggested that some of the actors from past seasons who showed up in Seville may have been participating in the documentary?

I also struggle to think why they would fly in a handful of actors to Seville for a documentary? If they wanted to film for the documentary, they could just have them come to Belfast instead, where the bulk of the filming has taken place. Why Seville? It's not as if Tom Wlaschiha and Faye Marsay ever filmed in Seville before for the show, so there's no connection there. And why Tom Wlaschiha and Faye Marsay, as opposed to actors with bigger roles on the show like Jerome Flynn or Nathalie Emmanuel?

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

It's amazing to me the knots that people twist themselves into to avoid acknowledging the obvious Sansa/Tyrion endgame.

I am amazed that there is even an "obvious Sansa/Tyrion endgame." I haven't seen anything on the show that remotely hints at anything like this. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I am amazed that there is even an "obvious Sansa/Tyrion endgame." I haven't seen anything on the show that remotely hints at anything like this. 

Frikidoctor provided one hint, even if he proceeded to go off the rails with his speculation. There are many other hints. I listed some of them a few pages ago, but they keep piling up. The real fun is watching fans twist themselves into knots trying to explain the signs away. I used to do that, too, until I realized I was just trying to avoid the obvious and indeed inevitable conclusion.

Edited by Eyes High
6 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Frikidoctor provided one hint, even if he proceeded to go off the rails with his speculation. There are many other hints. I listed some of them a few pages ago, but they keep piling up. The real fun is watching fans twist themselves into knots trying to explain the signs away. 

I don't see any hints of "Sansa/Tyrion" endgame, certainly not the ones that you and others are claiming to see after reading your comments. And I am not tying myself into knots because I don't care either way. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

I don't see any hints of "Sansa/Tyrion" endgame, certainly not the ones that you and others are claiming to see after reading your comments. And I am not tying myself into knots because I don't care either way. 

Well, as they say, you can lead a horse to water...

6 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

LOL! Really? Oh well, we will know if you are right soon enough. 

Edited by SimoneS
23 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

LOL! Really? Oh well, we will know if you are right soon enough. 

Yeah, who knows? I've been wrong about a lot of things before, as anyone going through my old pre-S7 leaks posts could tell you, so I could be wrong about this as well. We'll see.

Going back to the S8 news, the Emmy cutoff eligibility date is May 31st, 2019, which means that all six episodes have to air before the end of May...I think.

So if GOT is going to make the 2019 Emmy cutoff, which EW claims the show will, then counting backwards, we're looking at a premiere date of no later than April 21st, 2019.

I am not even a Sansa fan and I even find immediate assumption over how “ pissed” and “ mad” she looks to be overkill. It’s three seconds and she’s literally just looking over his shoulder, with her usual ambiguously annoyed expression . It’s possible she’s rightfully suspicious over the fact that she now owes her allegiance to a queen she doesn’t know. She has a right to be annoyed.  She has lannisters and Targaryens coming into her home so I don’t find it unusual that she’s a little unsure. She’s still hugging her brother. Also it’s not her nature to be all “ Hey Girl!!! Let’s be sistas!!!! “

Also Jon is looking HOT ❤️❤️

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

So if GOT is going to make the 2019 Emmy cutoff, which EW claims the show will, then counting backwards, we're looking at a premiere date of no later than April 21st, 2019.

I'm not sure that is correct.

Hanging Episodes:

o If the program is a series that runs partly outside the eligibility dates, its

year of eligibility depends on when the majority of episodes aired. For example, if the series consists of 6 episodes, and 4 episodes aired within the eligible year, then this season of the series is eligible in the current year. If only 2 episodes aired within the eligible year, then this season of the series is not eligible in the current year.

https://www.iemmys.tv/files/Rules & Regulations - US Programs.pdf

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GraceK said:

I am not even a Sansa fan and I even find immediate assumption over how “ pissed” and “ mad” she looks to be overkill. It’s three seconds and she’s literally just looking over his shoulder, with her usual ambiguously annoyed expression . It’s possible she’s rightfully suspicious over the fact that she now owes her allegiance to a queen she doesn’t know. She has a right to be annoyed.  She has lannisters and Targaryens coming into her home so I don’t find it unusual that she’s a little unsure. She’s still hugging her brother. Also it’s not her nature to be all “ Hey Girl!!! Let’s be sistas!!!! “

Also Jon is looking HOT ❤️❤️

I'm sticking to my version: Sansa the North's version of the Queen of Thorns, she knows the history ( not all the facts ) and I'm sure she put Danny on her watch list at least for a while. Sansa's smack dab between keeping the North and Vale together and now, has to also contend with the situation Jon created. Jon didn't have to bend the knee, Danny pledged to him she fight with and for him on the boat before he said my queen.

Edited by GrailKing
  • Love 1

This genre is not in my wheelhouse, but good grief, I sure as hell hope these writers don't give two characters, who have been very rational (one after being disabused of childhood's silliness),  Tyrion and Sansa, frontal lobotomies in the last season, by having them violently betray Jon and Dany, while the Night King is still out there on a dragon wight which shoots blue flames of death from it's maw! 

I mean Cersei has always kind of shown signs of being,  to employ a clinical term, batsh*t crazy, so her coming with teh Uberstupid can be swallowed, but ya' just can't have two hyperpractical characters suddenly becoming gibbering morons. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Eyes High said:

New S8 footage!!!...Well, three seconds’ worth in an HBO promo. (Link is at /Freefolk, but the promo is on the GameofThrones Twitter account.) Jon and Sansa embrace in the Winterfell courtyard (I’m guessing in 8x01...?). Close up of Sansa looking over Jon’s shoulder, pissed.

HBO has already started pushing the intra-Stark rivalry, I'm fairly certain it is their usual misdirection and the steely glares (no doubt aimed at the foreign conqueror, as the Starks would probably see her at first) won't amount to much beyond some minor plot point of the first episode.

• Love 1

I think the chances of a Sansa/Tyrion evil betrayal plot are pretty slim. The main thread of Sansa’s story in s7 was a will she / won’t she betray Jon and try to take power for herself, and she chose family over power etc. It would be tedious to have to deal with that again in s8, not to mention Arya would likely slit Sansa’s throat if she sensed the betrayal.

Also, Tyrion and Sansa seem to have more brains than to try and overthrow J/D in the middle of the war with the NK, especially since the two of them are not fighters.

• Love 7

Regarding Tyrion and Sansa....I don't think they are endgame. I do think there will be at least one scene of the two of them being "the brains" behind Jon and Dany. I think Sansa's endgame is to be alone, a sort of Virgin Queen (don't take that too literally) call out to another ginger, Queen Elizabeth. I just don't see how they can pair her with anyone in such a short season and I don't think it's necessary. GRRM doesn't really write love stories.  I also think she will be Lady of Winterfell at the end of the show, but I'm not sure how much of Winterfell will be left.

• Love 6

I don't know why people think Arya will instantly like Dany. Arya like to meet new people, yes;  and she likes to read about the Targaryen Queens from the past, but that is pretty different than to meet a complete stranger. Arya mistrusts almost everyone.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

I don't know why people think Arya will instantly like Dany. Arya like to meet new people, yes;  and she likes to read about the Targaryen Queens from the past, but that is pretty different than to meet a complete stranger. Arya mistrusts almost everyone.

I mostly think she'll like her faster than Sansa or the northern lords because Arya trusts Jon and I think when he tells her about Dany she'll believe him.Plus Arya is a pretty great judge of character with her faceless man training and all so I think she'll be able to see that Dany doesn't mean them harm faster than others as well.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:
1 hour ago, OhOkayWhat said:

I mostly think she'll like her faster than Sansa or the northern lords because Arya trusts Jon and I think when he tells her about Dany she'll believe him.Plus Arya is a pretty great judge of character with her faceless man training and all so I think she'll be able to see that Dany doesn't mean them harm faster than others as well.

Arya trust Jon, yes. That's not the same than trusting that he is right. Arya huge inner issues and her delusions that she is some kind of "Bringer of Justice" makes her "judging" very problematic, to say the least.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 1

Yeah, Arya has been shown to be a human lie detector. So if the show is consistent she will be able to tell very quickly that Jon loves Dany, Dany loves Jon, and Dany is genuine in her desire to help Jon and the North defeat the NK. She also has two dragons and commands an army of unsullied and Dothraki, which Arya will probably think is pretty cool.

Once Arya establishes that Dany doesn’t have any dark intentions towards Jon, I don’t see much reason for Arya not to be okay with her.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Arya trust Jon, yes. That's not the same than trusting that he is right. Arya huge inner issues and her delusions that she is some kind of "Bringer of Justice" makes her "judging" very problematic.

Idk we'll see.I wouldn't be that surprised if Arya doesn't trust her faster than others but I have a feeling she will.I do think she trusts his judgement and won't want to make it even harder on him when everyone else freaks out about him bending the knee to Dany.And the show established her ability to figure out liars so I think she'll do that with Dany right away and see she's not a threat and genuinely has feelings for Jon.

• Love 2

I actually think that the Starklings will be mistrustful and wary of Dany in the beginning considering that they don't know her yet and considering their family history.  But once they get to know her I think that they will love her.  I would think that Dany being able to topple Cersei from power will be a big plus to both Arya and Sansa.  Plus they will find out the truth about Lyanna and Rhaegar and that Dany is actually family to them.  I would be worried if Arya and Sansa don't like Dany after they get to know her.  As I recall, Arya loves dragons and she likes Visenya and Nymeria and I think that Dany has similarities to both of these queens.  I think that Arya, once she gets to know Dany, will actually hero worship Dany.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

Idk we'll see.I wouldn't be that surprised if Arya doesn't trust her faster than others but I have a feeling she will.I do think she trusts his judgement and won't want to make it even harder on him when everyone else freaks out about him bending the knee to Dany.And the show established her ability to figure out liars so I think she'll do that with Dany right away and see she's not a threat and genuinely has feelings for Jon.

We have not proof she trust his judgement. Or decisions. If there is a dangerous mission to KL and he orders her to stay, will she obey? I think not.

Figuring out liars with the game of faces is shown to be a very dangerous game (even assuming it as a 100% reliable thing, which I doubt) Also that game sometimes is able to figure out if someone is lying to herself (it happened with Arya about the Hound) What if she figures out Dany is lying to herself?

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

We have not proof she trust his judgement. Or decisions. If there is a dangerous mission to KL and he orders her to stay, will she obey? I think not.

Figuring out liars with the game of faces is shown to be a very dangerous game (even assuming it as a 100% reliable thing, which I doubt) Also that game sometimes is able to figure out if someone is lying to herself (it happened with Arya about the Hound) What if she figures out Dany is lying to herself?

I think she trusted his judgement when she stood up for him and tried to protect him from the chance that Sansa and the northern lords might betray him.They were complaining about his decision to go south and meet with Dany and Arya completely stood by him and wanted to kill anyone who even thought of treason.I don't see why when he shows up with Dany and her armies,she wouldn't keep doing that.Especially if she hears how Dany saved his life.Of course I think she'll want to observe Dany for herself but I don't see why she would come to the conclusion that Dany is lying to herself tho.

I don't think trusting him is the same as obeying anything he says,just that she gives his opinion a lot more weight than most other people and so she'll be more willing to give Dany a chance if Jon believes she deserves it.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I think she trusted his judgement when she stood up for him and tried to protect him from the chance...

To trust his judgement and to defend him are different things.

30 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

... but I don't see why she would come to the conclusion that Dany is lying to herself tho.

The tricky nature of Power within Dany narrative.

• Love 1

I'm dying for some interpersonal conflict next season. I get that they're facing a major threat and don't have time for petty infighting, but the interactions and relationships make this show. I don't want everyone to just get along because they're major characters or fan favorites; I want pettiness, drama, conflict etc. Jaime didn't just cripple Bran, he also killed Jory and other Northerners, so even if Bran is ambivalent, hopefully Arya isn't. Tyrion may be a saint on the show but he still armed the hill tribes and let them loose in the Vale so Yohn Royce should have good reason to despise him. Jon and Dany practically handed the NK a dragon and the means to cross the Wall so that should have major repercussions too. How does Sam feel about Dany? How will Sweetrobin feel about LF's death, the Hound and Tyrion, Sansa/Arya and the Hound, Beric and Arya etc. So much potential for some great interactions, positive and negative.

God, it's gonna be so awkward for Jaime in the North.

• Love 6
On 8/27/2018 at 8:41 AM, Eyes High said:

I think you're just really dead-set against Sansa being Lady of Winterfell. First, you were speculating she dies and now you're speculating she abdicates to be Tyrion's wife at Casterly Rock. : p

Edited by WindyNights
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

I don't want everyone to just get along because they're major characters or fan favorites; I want pettiness, drama, conflict etc. Jaime didn't just cripple Bran, he also killed Jory and other Northerners, so even if Bran is ambivalent, hopefully Arya isn't.

Arya saw him with Walder Frey, observed him, and didn't kill him. She knows he killed Jory and other Northerners since she was in KL, she doesn't know he crippled Bran though -this could change things. I imagine that Sansa will want his head anyway, sigh.

Beric was on Arya's list, and it's more likely she wants his head if she sees him (I can imagine the scene. Arya: "he sells children! he sells children to witches!" Varys, Missandei, Grey Worm, Dany look at Beric: *stink eye*). Although probably they'll settle the conflict with The Hound and Gendry intervening in his favor.

If the show goes on in the direction hinted by S6, the conflicts will be Sansa, the Northern lords, Tyrion and Varys bitching against Jon, Dany, or Dany and Jon. I'm pretty sure they'll be plenty of pettiness here with "he never asks my opinioooon! (well, no, I don't know what to do)", "he's with a foreign whooore! (well, yes, she brings a huge army to save our sorry butts)", "she listens to him rather than meeee!" or "it's war and she kills soldiers! Mad Qweeeen!". Hopefully, it won't last more than a couple of episodes. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 8/27/2018 at 3:00 PM, Stella said:

Hmm, good point. At any rate, EW said that HBO is going to air all of the GOT episodes before the May eligibility cutoff, so we're still looking at April 21st, 2019 at the latest.

HBO just released a trailer for Season 3 of True Detective (premiering in January 2019), so maybe we'll get a GOT trailer before the end of the year...?

On 8/27/2018 at 5:02 PM, Wouter said:

HBO has already started pushing the intra-Stark rivalry, I'm fairly certain it is their usual misdirection and the steely glares (no doubt aimed at the foreign conqueror, as the Starks would probably see her at first) won't amount to much beyond some minor plot point of the first episode.

I expect Sansa to be wary towards Dany, which frankly is a sensible attitude from her perspective, but I doubt it will amount to anything other than some minor tension. Jon will give Sansa the "We're all on the same side" speech, and that will be that.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:08 PM, bubble sparkly said:

I think the chances of a Sansa/Tyrion evil betrayal plot are pretty slim.

Yes, /Frikidoctor was probably just taking the piss because he's bored in the GOT offseason.

With that said, if the third twist is that Tyrion and Sansa take over and kick Jon and Dany out of Westeros because they see them as too stupid and unstable (respectively) to rule, I would never stop laughing.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Yeah, Arya has been shown to be a human lie detector.

I can't say the show has shown that Arya can do the 'human lie detector' thing consistently and correctly, especially when it comes to her own family. There's a reason the Faceless Men don't play their games (including assassination) with their nearest and dearest - strong preconceived ties and emotions will always interfere with objective perception and execution. We've seen Arya perceive the tiniest quiver of ambivalence and take it as a sign of overt treachery when there was none, simply because treachery was what she expected to see.

IMO, it's perfectly possible that Dany may also at some point have a quiver of ambivalence about being tied to a Stark - especially when she finds out that Jon is actually a Targaryen ahead of her in line for the throne. If Dany shows that ambivalence in front of Arya, even momentarily, she'd likely take that as a possible sign of treachery toward Jon. Jon is the one she loves most, and she'd likely be more protective toward him than toward anyone else. And I think Arya is the last character to generously overlook any ambivalence of Dany's toward Jon with sunny optimism.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Arya saw him with Walder Frey, observed him, and didn't kill him. She knows he killed Jory and other Northerners since she was in KL, she doesn't know he crippled Bran though -this could change things. I imagine that Sansa will want his head anyway, sigh.

Beric was on Arya's list, and it's more likely she wants his head if she sees him (I can imagine the scene. Arya: "he sells children! he sells children to witches!" Varys, Missandei, Grey Worm, Dany look at Beric: *stink eye*). Although probably they'll settle the conflict with The Hound and Gendry intervening in his favor.

If the show goes on in the direction hinted by S6, the conflicts will be Sansa, the Northern lords, Tyrion and Varys bitching against Jon, Dany, or Dany and Jon. I'm pretty sure they'll be plenty of pettiness here with "he never asks my opinioooon! (well, no, I don't know what to do)", "he's with a foreign whooore! (well, yes, she brings a huge army to save our sorry butts)", "she listens to him rather than meeee!" or "it's war and she kills soldiers! Mad Qweeeen!". Hopefully, it won't last more than a couple of episodes. 

Jaime's plot armor momentarily disoriented Arya. I don't see any other reason as to why she'd spare him since she's held grudges against people for far less. 

I'm not anticipating drama between Beric and Arya, but I am excited to see their reunion. Like I said, it's not just negative interactions, but positive ones as well. Besides, Beric's like the most drama free person in the show.

Yeah yeah, mean Sansa/Tyrion/Varys/Northerners will rail against poor innocent Dany, I get it. Hopefully, the show will present something more substantial in the characters' interactions since they do have legit reasons not to get along. 

• Love 3
(edited)
54 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Yeah yeah, mean Sansa/Tyrion/Varys/Northerners will rail against poor innocent Dany, I get it. Hopefully, the show will present something more substantial in the characters' interactions since they do have legit reasons not to get along. 

I'm guessing we'll get one a great hall scene where Sansa and the Northern lords bitch about Dany (and probably Tyrion and her foreign hordes or whatever), until Jon wakes the dragon and tells them all to STFU, and then two episodes later Dany will win them over by saving their sorry asses when the AOTD or the GC or whoever it is attacks Winterfell.

I'm not holding my breath for meaningful character interaction or great drama when everyone meets up in 8x01. Most of the big meetings/reunions in Season 7 were pretty inert, in my opinion.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Jaime's plot armor momentarily disoriented Arya. I don't see any other reason as to why she'd spare him since she's held grudges against people for far less. 

I'm not anticipating drama between Beric and Arya, but I am excited to see their reunion. Like I said, it's not just negative interactions, but positive ones as well. Besides, Beric's like the most drama free person in the show.

Jaime telling off Walder Frey, and the fact she had no proof he was in on the Red Wedding, are the reasons why Arya didn't kill off Jaime, imo. And I don't remember Arya holding grudges against people who did anything less than betraying, killing, selling, executing her family or her friends or torturing people. Jaqen even gave the order to kill her, and she merely ensured she could walk free. There's also Hot Pie and Lommy, who became her friends whereas when they met, they bullied her.

Why do you only mention Dany? I mentioned Jon, too. I mentioned complains about both, not just Dany. You said you wanted to see pettiness, but it seems you don't like the perspective in the end, so I don't understand.

I wish there will be something more substantial, because I don't want to dislike characters I used to appreciate, I like conflicts but I have no patience for whining. Defiance in the beginning, of course, I expect it on all sides. However I don't see how there could be anything more substantial since Tyrion, Varys, Sansa and co don't have important reasons to bitch, considering the situation: The army of zombies just got past the Wall. Cersei betrayed the alliance's attempt at diplomacy -which was what Varys and Tyrion expected of Dany, after all. Jon and Dany risked their lives and lost a lot for the general interest, meaning uniting the continent against the AOTD. So imho it's going to be difficult to sell some legit bitching, beyond me-me-me-itis and pearl clutching syndrom. 

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

The onus shouldnt be on the Northern Lords to stop their bitching. They aren't the main characters. The focus is on how Dany handles people who refuse to be her subjects. I also wonder why the Northerners should be impressed by Dany if she's doing what she should be doing anyway, queen or no. Dany should be content being a hero without people recognizing her as queen. If thats not enough for her, then she can bite it for all I care.

It would be better if she didn't have MIssandei introduce her as the rightful queen of 56 titles, but I have a feeling that will happen because she's done terrible PR so far. It would also be better if she didn't agree to take Jon's title away. It would be even better if she just entered the situation as an ally instead of their overlord. If this potential conflict is just going to get brushed under the rug then I dont know why they wrote it this way. If Sansa thinks she's a threat...she'll stay a threat. Threats dont go away on this show.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Colorful Mess said:

The onus shouldnt be on the Northern Lords to stop their bitching. They aren't the main characters. The focus is on how Dany handles people who refuse to be her subjects. I also wonder why the Northerners should be impressed by Dany if she's doing what she should be doing anyway, queen or no. Dany should be content being a hero without people recognizing her as queen. If thats not enough for her, then she can bite it for all I care.

I agree about how Dany should be fighting against the White Walkers no matter what. There are characters like Davos and Brienne and the countless soldiers marching North, saying goodbye to their families and knowing they may very well never see them again, to fight against the White Walkers. Just like Dany, they are giving all they have for the greater good, and they have no expectations of reward and certainly not of a crown. They will see their friends and families die. Their sacrifices will be forgotten.  They know this. They are still marching North.

• Love 6

The Northern Lords have consistently been shown to be morons so I’m sure we can count on them to 1) call Dany a foreign whore, 2) bleat about how she’s an untrustworthy Targaryen and 3) make Xenophobic comments about Dany’s non-white army. Smart people would probably keep their mouth shut when 50k plus people show up to save their asses, but then again no one can accuse those Lords of being smart.

It will be satisfying to see them choke on some of their words when Jon’s parentage is revealed. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Glover or one of the other idiots starts banging on about Rhaegar kidnapping and raping Lyanna and Targs being evil, then Jon/Bran drops a truth bomb.

Also, odds are a few of them will be killed in gruesome fashion at the Winterfell battle. The ones remaining alive will probably be quick to suck up to Dany after thry see her dragons in action.

• Love 8

I would love to see Lord Glover start bitching about Dany and once the words “ Foreign Whore” leave his mouth for Drogon to Roar right in his face. ???? so much satisfaction 

• Love 8
(edited)

Info from /Freefolk with the source (or “source”) in parentheses:

1. Vladimir and Kit didn’t film anything together in Seville. (/Frikidoctor)

2. Vladimir only filmed for the documentary and also for the show out of NK makeup with Unsullied extras in Seville. (/Enty23)

3. When GOT was scouting locations for S8, they really wanted to return to Seville, as the locations were said to be “indispensable for narrative continuity.” (/CurseMeorKissMe)

4. Rupert Vansittart (Lord Royce) did film in Seville. (/Frikidoctor)

5. Faye Marsay spent the least amount of time in Seville and was there for almost two days. (/Frikidoctor)

/Frikidoctor also seemed to imply in a tweet that the crew were sneaking Gemma and Rupert around (he wrote something to the effect that “They were there, but you won’t see them in photos”), which would be weird since Lino (Robin) was not hiding at all. There may be some truth to it, since the only reason we found out that Gemma was there is that Gemma accidentally posted a selfie that allowed fans to pinpoint her location.

As a reminder, the characters whose actors filmed for all the weekdays filming took place in Seville: Arya, Sansa, Bran, Sam, Tyrion, Davos, and Brienne. (I think Gendry for all weekdays as well, but I’m not sure.)

Someone said a while back (can’t recall whether it was Javi, Frikidoctor, or someone else) said that there was a ton of fake snow in the amphitheater at Italica, which if true would mean that my theory that the Dragonpit scene is a post-time skip scene is wrong.

In terms of what we know about the scene...

8x06 + Dragonpit + Sansa + Tyrion + Arya + Sam + Brienne + Davos + Gendry + Bran - Jon - Cersei - Dany - NK - Gregor - Sandor - Jaime - Euron - Theon + Robin + Lord Royce + Edmure + Yara + Jorah + Unsullied = ????????

Someone also said that there were no green screen markers when they were prepping the Italica site, although I don’t see why they couldn’t have added them after they secured the site for filming.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Colorful Mess said:

The focus is on how Dany handles people who refuse to be her subjects.

This. Because freedom is also one of the themes in Dany narrative.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 4

Eh, I'd be more impressed if these leaks actually told us about the story instead clues about the filming that aren't too difficult to guess. 

O Lads, O Lads, wherefore art thou? Probably dumped by his/her significant other or fired for leaking the scripts.

As for Dany killing a few people won't serve her, eh, they got lucky she tried to spare as many as she did. In real life, the most powerful rulers and conquerors did hella worse. William The Conqueror, Genghis Khan, and Kublai Khan brutally slaughtered hundreds of thousands, if not a few millions, who refused to serve them, cutting off heads, legs, arms, removing eyes. Being burnt alive in a few seconds is a better death.

ETA: The second that Dany kills one of their enemies Arya will like her. Arya appreciates killing.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3