Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Episode one is also setting up Jaime's arrival at Winterfell without the Lannister army is being set up as a devastating blow to Daenerys and Tyrion's credibility. We see Jaime in the council room and fighting in the trailer, but honestly, if Dany was a real life ruler she would lock both him and Tyrion up. 

Why?  Is it Tyrion's or Jaime's fault that Cersei didn't honor her word?

It took a lot of courage for Jaime to go without the army knowing it was certain death for him to go, and certain death if/when he returns to KL.

• Love 1

I don't think it would be any danger for Jaime to go.  He'd get credited for honesty.

It certainly wouldn't make Tyrion look good, seeing as it would be yet another failed plan of his.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, whateverdgaf said:

There was a second page to that contract that showed Nik was paid for six episodes, however the main actors are paid for all the episodes in the season. The lawsuit tells us nothing about how many episodes Jaime is in. 

No, I get that. But the reason the lawsuit caught the eye of many folks was that in the first page it was mentioned he was getting paid for four episodes and then in a second page - additional residues for two episodes.

Why this separation if he was in all 6 episodes?

And now we know that Jaime is not in the first episode. It therefore tells me that he is going to be missing in another episode as well.

So either Jaime shows up in episode 3 and lasts till the finale. Or he shows up in 2 and finishes with 5. I think the latter scenario is more likely.

First episode (54 mins) - some reunions and arguments.

Second (57 min): Jaime gets there, everyone bands together and starts planning. Now that Jon knows his parentage - time for brooding and angst. Dany and Jon discuss stuff - maybe her pregnancy is revealed.

Third episode (80 min): Big battle. GC/AOTD attack and are defeated but the NK flies off on Viserion

Fourth episode (80): Survivors regroup and mourn the dead - plan on how to take down Cersei and NK. Maybe go north of the wall to take down NK?

Fifth episode (80): The big KL battle. Jaime faces off against Cersei. Both die

Sixth episode (80): NK attacks KL with Viserion. Jon/Dany on dragons battle NK and defeat him . Denouement.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, SeanC said:

I don't think it would be any danger for Jaime to go.  He'd get credited for honesty.

It certainly wouldn't make Tyrion look good, seeing as it would be yet another failed plan of his.

I've been hesitant to believe in the Tyrion betrayal leak, as much as I would like it, because it just feels too huge, even bigger than Jon or Dany dying nobly and predictably. But this reminded me of all his season 7 failures. Even if Tyrion isn't betraying Dany, he'll still look like a fool when Jaime arrives. Since Sansa doesn't hesitate to call out Jon, surely she'd have a scene where she points out that Tyrion was wrong in 8x01 to defend Cersei, which he apparently does both in the assembly and in a scene with her. So what could be his political redemption after such a major screwup?

Just about every single thing he's done in Westeros will have failed to help Dany and no leak or speculation has really hit on anything that could be a last minute burst of competence that would make him a good endgame Hand. Right now, if Tyrion lives it would feel more believable if he was so disillusioned by Cersei's betrayal and his failures that he left KL to settle down as the Lord of the Rock. But that would end his story with a whimper.

As messy as Sansa's writing has been GOT is clearly trying to sell the idea that she's a great player now, it's just been more offscreen/meta tell than plausible onscreen show. But in Tyrion's case, it feels like post-S5 they're neither telling nor showing that he'd be a good Hand.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Why?  Is it Tyrion's or Jaime's fault that Cersei didn't honor her word?

It took a lot of courage for Jaime to go without the army knowing it was certain death for him to go, and certain death if/when he returns to KL.

Because it doesn't work that way.

They're still Cersei's brothers. They are still Lannisters in the North. Cersei breaking her word should put them in danger. They'd either be regarded as spies in the know, with a mandate to sabotage (and Tyrion's track record is evidence of this) or - on the next to nothing chance that any body gives them the benefit of the doubt - they'll still be treated as hostages.

All too often people use 21st century/modern legalese to argue/analyze this feudal/medieval world and it's frustrating. Especially since it's clear that once they ran out of book material, D&D aren't any better.

Edited by ursula
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, anamika said:

No, I get that. But the reason the lawsuit caught the eye of many folks was that in the first page it was mentioned he was getting paid for four episodes and then in a second page - additional residues for two episodes.

If NCW has a contract to be a regular on the show, he will be getting paid to be availability to appear in all the season episodes even if he only appears in four episodes so people are likely misinterpreting those documents or they were not written correctly in the lawsuit .

22 minutes ago, ursula said:

They're still Cersei's brothers. They are still Lannisters in the North. Cersei breaking her word should put them in danger. They'd either be regarded as spies in the know, with a mandate to sabotage (and Tyrion's track record is evidence of this) or - on the next to nothing chance that any body gives them the benefit of the doubt - they'll still be treated as hostages.

All too often people use 21st century/modern legalese to argue/analyze this feudal/medieval world and it's frustrating. Especially since it's clear that once they ran out of book material, D&D aren't any better.

Exactly. Thanks for explaining this better than I could. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, anamika said:

And now we know that Jaime is not in the first episode. It therefore tells me that he is going to be missing in another episode as well.

So either Jaime shows up in episode 3 and lasts till the finale. Or he shows up in 2 and finishes with 5. I think the latter scenario is more likely.

First episode (54 mins) - some reunions and arguments.

Second (57 min): Jaime gets there, everyone bands together and starts planning. Now that Jon knows his parentage - time for brooding and angst. Dany and Jon discuss stuff - maybe her pregnancy is revealed.

Third episode (80 min): Big battle. GC/AOTD attack and are defeated but the NK flies off on Viserion

Fourth episode (80): Survivors regroup and mourn the dead - plan on how to take down Cersei and NK. Maybe go north of the wall to take down NK?

Fifth episode (80): The big KL battle. Jaime faces off against Cersei. Both die

Sixth episode (80): NK attacks KL with Viserion. Jon/Dany on dragons battle NK and defeat him . Denouement.

Considering Nik's excitement over the final season, I suspect he will be a part of the last major battle. 

• Love 1

It's funny because NCW points out how incompetent Tyrion has been with regards to everything he has done when Jerome Flynn says that Tyrion should sit on the Iron Throne.

3 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

Considering Nik's excitement over the final season, I suspect he will be a part of the last major battle. 

We already know that's he a major part of both battles in eps 3 and 5. NCW has filmed a lot this time around and a lot of the time with Gwen. Jaime's story does not revolve around the NK/Others. The resolution of his story will be with Brienne and Cersei. And Brienne will finish it by writing his deeds in the white book.

I think there will be a final show down with Jaime/Brienne/Cersei/Hound/Mountain in KL in episode 5.

Edited by anamika
4 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

I totally believe that Jaime makes it to the last episode also or at least he and Cersei will have have the same finale episode. He and Cersei will have one final confrontation before they die. Maybe he even kills her as Maggy's foretelling seems to the one of the few that have come true.

Edited by SimoneS
55 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

Just about every single thing he's done in Westeros will have failed to help Dany and no leak or speculation has really hit on anything that could be a last minute burst of competence that would make him a good endgame Hand. Right now, if Tyrion lives it would feel more believable if he was so disillusioned by Cersei's betrayal and his failures that he left KL to settle down as the Lord of the Rock. But that would end his story with a whimper.

Tyrion did one good thing as hand: to support the alliance with Jon Snow. He did considerable work to make that happen, even if Melisandre was the first to suggest it. 

I still have a hard time to believe he would be plotting with Cersei.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ursula said:

The writers' general approach to the show (which mirrors many of the fans', to my annoyance) is generally that the "good" characters are expected to instinctively recognize each other, so in practice I don't think Jaime would have any trouble.

• Love 1

Assuming that Tyrion has been playing the long game con all along----Why?  That makes no sense.  His last interaction with his sister and father is that she was trying to get him murdered for the nth time, and he killed his father and the love of his life for betraying him and getting him sentenced to death.  Given if emotional overload at the end of season 4, I don't buy that he would decide to sabotage Dany's campaign to help his sister, who still want him dead.

Assuming that Tyrion only made the decision to turn on Dany and work with Cersei in the dragon pit scene-----Why?  Why he saw Dany burn the fields and kill the Tarly's he was horrified, but I doubt he was horrified enough to think that Cersei was a better ruler.  He knew his sister to well.  Maybe he made a deal to save her child, or agreed to help her escape once Dany took KL, but I can't logically think he made a deal to supper Cersei's claim to the throne.  He knows she is basically the Mad King's second coming. 

I really dont think the Tyrion betrayal leak is real.

1 hour ago, ursula said:

But everyone knows that Cersei hates Tyrion, and Jaime broke faith with Cersei....keeping them as hostages would serve no purpose. 

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

He'd get credited for honesty

Not if Theon brings that information before Jaime. And Theon will know about GC from Yara.

Edited by nikma

So based on what we now know about 8x01 and 8x03, we can assume the following scenes for 8x02:

1. Someone (Cersei? Euron?) decides to send troops north. Maybe Cersei miscarries and has a mental breakdown. Maybe Euron does it to mess with Cersei.

2. Theon arrives at Winterfell. 

3. Jaime arrives at Winterfell (along with Bronn, maybe). Brienne/Jaime reunion scene?

4. Northern assembly with lots of yelling about Lannisters. Jaime reveals the truth about Cersei’s promise. Possible Jon parentage assembly drama as well.

5. Jon parentage and Jonerys drama. Scenes where various characters learn the truth...?

6. Several touching scenes involving characters who are going to die in 8x03: Pod banters with Bronn, Jorah reassures Dany about the Northerners warming to her, or similar.

7. Possibly a sex scene or two before shit hits the fan.

8. Another Arya/Gendry scene, maybe, especially if Gendry’s going to die in 8x03.

9. Winterfell gets wind of the coming attack by the AOTD and prepares. (I think the trailer shots of the army getting ready are from 8x02.)

All in all, sounds like a pretty packed episode!

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to imagine situation where Tyrion will betray the Starks. It's like Theon's storyline in S2. I can imagine a situation where Tyrion is forced to choose between the Lannisters and the rest. 

Who says that Arya and Sansa won't see Jaime as the enemy after the war is over? It doesn't need to be only about Cersei. It could be about Jaime and their child as well. About the Lannisters in general. 

I don't say that it will be done well, but elements are therethat it could be done well. Tyrion's guilt over what happened to Tommen and Myrcella, his conflicted loyalty between Dany and the Lannisters.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, nikma said:

Not if Theon brings that information before Jaime. And Theon will know about GC from Yara.

While this show has been known to play fast and loose with time, it's difficult to imagine Jaime arriving after Theon based on departure times, etc., and even if he did, how would that affect his sincerity?  He couldn't possibly have known that Theon would be coming.  Super-Bran would verify all that.

24 minutes ago, nikma said:

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to imagine situation where Tyrion will betray the Starks. It's like Theon's storyline in S2. I can imagine a situation where Tyrion is forced to choose between the Lannisters and the rest. 

I would say there's a mix of things:

1)  The aggressive saintliness with which Tyrion has been portrayed virtually from the get-go.

2)  The fact that Tyrion caring the tiniest bit about Cersei is such a show-only thing that a lot of people have a hard time imagining that being a key factor in his endgame.

Who says that Arya and Sansa won't see Jaime as the enemy after the war is over? It doesn't need to be only about Cersei. It could be about Jaime and their child as well. About the Lannisters in general. 

Neither Arya or Sansa have ever shown any sign of caring much about Jaime (he's not even on Arya's list), let alone an unborn baby that is obviously not going to actually be born.  And if Jaime fights on their team during the War for the Dawn, why would they go back to hating him afterward?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ursula said:

For the most part I agree with you, I do think Jaime will fare better than Tyrion with Sansa, due to Brienne. I think Sansa will sense something wrong with Tyrion though. 

No matter what though, I could see Sansa setting up the demise of Tywin's line.

They ( in her mind ) would always be a threat to her and her family.

We know what Tyrion will defend Cersei in E1. And we also know that Theon or Jaime will tell Dany and the rest about CG. But Jaime will probably tell them what Cersei told him in S7, that she won't attack the North. That she will let WW and humans fight each other.

But when Cersei does attack WF in E3 both Tyrion and Jaime will look guilty as hell. And that could easily force Tyrion to realize that conflict between the Starks and the Lannisters is not over, that they are still enemies and he can't participate in the destruction of his own House.

5 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Jaime arriving after Theon based on departure times, etc., and even if he did, how would that affect his sincerity?

Because if Cersei attacks the North in E3 and Jaime tells them that she won't, it will look like he is still working for her. 

8 minutes ago, SeanC said:

1)  The aggressive saintliness with which Tyrion has been portrayed virtually from the get-go.

What aggressive saintliness even means? Even Jon Snow is not that. Tyrion had been portrayed like Tony Stark from MCU. His relationship with his family is an important part of his character in the show and he loves them more than he does in the books. In the show Tyrion is still hurt that Tywin hates him. In the books it feels like he made peace with that long time ago. He spends more time with Jaime in the show and he doesn't hate him when he leaves Westros. And his relationship with Cersei is also more complicated. He is somewhere between love and hate when it comes to her.

The point is, it won't feel OOC if he betrays the Starks for his family. 

15 minutes ago, SeanC said:

)  The fact that Tyrion caring the tiniest bit about Cersei is such a show-only

Well, we are speaking about the show.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, SeanC said:

And if Jaime fights on their team during the War for the Dawn, why would they go back to hating him afterward?

If both Jaime and Tyrion tell them that they should't worry about Cersei and that she won't attack them and then she does and WF is destroyed, both of them will look extremely suspicious.

And I'm sure neither Jaime or Tyrion will agree that Cersei should be executed. 

15 minutes ago, nikma said:

Because if Cersei attacks the North in E3 and Jaime tells them that she won't, it will look like he is still working for her. 

Why?  Team Stargaryen wouldn't even have known that Cersei was against them if Jaime hadn't told them.  There is no tactical value whatsoever in just delivering himself into their hands.

6 minutes ago, nikma said:

What aggressive saintliness even means?

That he is portrayed as unfailingly moral and sympathetic and in the right in basically every argument, with every rough edge from the source material painstakingly sanded down.

Well, we are speaking about the show.

Yes, but as I said, this is supposedly an approximation of Tyrion's book endgame, and the idea of Book!Tyrion siding with Cersei for any reason is ludicrous.

As has been said, one can imagine that this is a show version of a book story where Tyrion betrays the Stargaryens to advance himself, but it's still easy to see why Tyrion siding with Cersei is a hard circle to square for people, based on both the show itself and the source material.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SeanC said:

Why?  Team Stargaryen wouldn't even have known that Cersei was against them if Jaime hadn't told them

As I said Theon could tell them this before Jaime even arrives. And when Cersei attacks WF it will look like Jaime lied 

2 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Yes, but as I said, this is supposedly an approximation of Tyrion's book endgame

Yeah. But even in the seasons that were based on the books motivations of the characters were different. Tyrion kills Tywin for different reasons in the show, Jon is killed in different circumstances. Robb betrays the Freys for different reasons and so on.

5 minutes ago, SeanC said:

That he is portrayed as unfailingly moral and sympathetic and in the right in basically every argument, with

Disagree. As I said he is like Tony Stark, not Captain America.

2 minutes ago, nikma said:

As I said Theon could tell them this before Jaime even arrives. And when Cersei attacks WF it will look like Jaime lied 

As I said, no particular reason to think Theon arrives first.  And why would it look like Jaime lied?  To what end?

Disagree. As I said he is like Tony Stark, not Captain America.

Name one time in the show where Tyrion was not portrayed in a morally upright manner, or one conflict between two characters where we were supposed to be on the other person's side as opposed to his? 

Even last season when his stupid plans were all going wrong, the show portrayed Dany being angry with him about it as a sign of how she was maybe treading into Mad Queen territory.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GrailKing said:

I got it off Reddit, just took the header.

This better :

Thanks.  I ran it through Google translate and here's the result:

Today I'm going to upload a video about what you will not believe

Suspicious, though, that he doesn't say it will be Episode 2.  Well, we shall see...

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Episode one is also setting up Jaime's arrival at Winterfell without the Lannister army is being set up as a devastating blow to Daenerys and Tyrion's credibility. 

Are we certain he will arrive without an army? He may bring part of his troops with him (depending on where personal loyalties lie - he has commanded many of those men for a long time), possibly stopping by Riverrun on his way to Winterfell. Bronn may be with him, we don't know yet.

19 minutes ago, SeanC said:

And why would it look like Jaime lied?  To what end?

For the third time, if he tells them Cersei won't attack the North(because that's what she told him in S7) and then she does, it will look suspicious, especially combined with the fact that Tyrion will guarantee for Cersei in E1.

21 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Name one time in the show where Tyrion was not portrayed in a morally upright manner, or one conflict between two characters where we were supposed to be on the other person's side as opposed to his?

Almost every decision that he made in S6 and S7 was wrong. His pact with masters in S6 is one example. 

He is portrayed as someone both ignorant and arrogant in Meereen.

24 minutes ago, SeanC said:

the show portrayed Dany being angry with him about it as a sign of how she was maybe treading into Mad Queen territory.

That's how Dany's haters saw that. The show is setting him up for death in the last two seasons. When we've got Friki's leak that was clear. He is not endgame Hand and the show did everything that no one will think that he is the right man for the job.

It is claer that they intentionally portrayed him as somebody who is not fit for that position. Not every advice he gave Dany was wrong, but majority of them were.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nikma said:

It is claer that they intentionally portrayed him as somebody who is not fit for that position. Not every advice he gave Dany was wrong, but majority of them were.

Every manipulation, requires a grain or two of truth.

9 minutes ago, nikma said:

For the third time, if he tells them Cersei won't attack the North(because that's what she told him in S7) and then she does, it will look suspicious, especially combined with the fact that Tyrion will guarantee for Cersei in E1.

And I don't see why it would look suspicious.   There is no reason for him to go to them and lie when they would not have known Cersei was going to betray them in the first place (and you say Theon could tell them, but they didn't know that).

Almost every decision that he made in S6 and S7 was wrong. His pact with masters in S6 is one example. 

He is portrayed as someone both ignorant and arrogant in Meereen.

The writers considered his pact with the Masters to be a good thing.  They compared him to Abraham Lincoln, and when he offered his defense of the situation to Dany on her return, she accepted it, and then once again was talked into following his advice in order to not look like the Mad Queen.

There's a big difference between you or me thinking that Tyrion's advice is bad and the show thinking of it as such.  As with many characters' actions, there's a disconnect between the audience at the writing.

• Love 3

For the hell of it : this seems a better translation: does seem Sansa talking to Jon about love is private, and Tyrion talking to Sansa is him being manipulative.

I also added paragraphs to make it easier to read, he had many lines with no breaks, hopefully I didn't break the flow. GK.

================================================================================================

And so he spoke, and so he spoke... [a transcription of Friki's latest video]

Freefolk

Hi all, I share a translation in English of the latest video of u/TherealFrikidoctor.

Before the video was blocked, I managed to capture all the closed captioning from YouTube. It was translated automatically in Google Translate, and then edited by me for clarity. I tried to keep his intended meaning as much as possible, at least to the point that I was able to understand it. I am not a native English speaker, so please forgive any mistakes.

EDIT 1: style, some typos, divided the text in scenes; added some titles in bold that could be read as a summary.

EDIT 2: I corrected the second part of the post, based on the same video of FK that is still available on Facebook. I also had to remove the Introduction part because I reached the 40,000 character limit. Now the translation is much better!

TL;DR: Friki rules, we do not kneel

_________

[Opening : Jon and Dany arrive at Winterfell, with the Unsullied and the Dothraki; conversation between Varys and Tyrion]

So you have already seen the Unsullied and the Dothraki marching towards Winterfell, accompanied by Jon and Daenerys. You have already seen that they are going together with the dragons, you have seen the locals, the northerners being absolutely scared. You have already seen those troops crossing Winter Town, that small town, that small village let’s say, to the outskirts of Winterfell. You have already seen a child that climbs up in a house on one side to look the troops passing, doing a tribute to Bran in the first season.

You have already seen Arya and Sansa, amazed by the two dragons of Daenerys. Of course! You already know this and you also know that there is an arrival of troops to Winterfell, and in fact you have even seen the reception of those troops. But which are the two characters that accompany normally Jon and Daenerys? There are two characters who have been accompanying them for a long time and they act as counselors! These two characters are Varys and Tyrion! Varys and Tyrion have had interesting and revealing conversations during the previous seasons. Varys and Tyrion were concerned about the mental state of Daenerys. Why? Because Daenerys, for example, burned the Tarlys, and one of the things that we are going to see is how Daenerys has to talk to Sam and tell him that she has burned his father and his brother, for example! And we have to know how Sam will react to this news.

Well, I can not imagine Varys and Tyrion on horseback. I imagine them more sitting on a wagon, talking among themselves, making funny little jokes, and there is one thing that distinguishes Varys from Tyrion: is an argument about something physical and is not about the height. You know that Tyrion has testicles and Varys no. And why not talk about that topic? And why not to do some joke at respect? I'll just let this fall right here, and who knows maybe we have some of that…

[Next scene: Jon/Bran reunion]

And arriving at Winterfell there is, already, a highly anticipated meeting, among the various meetings that are going to occur. And this is the meeting between John and Bran! How do you think they are going to react? Well! In a very stereotypical way, you know that Bran has been transformed to a cold guy, a cold squid, a squid like this: Harrr! [a typical sound he makes throughout the video] Jon will see him, and he will really give a hug. Of course, it turns out that when Jon saw Bran for the last time, he was a boy and now a slacker (= bigardo), a bigardo, is a teenager bigardo in a wheelchair. How Jon could react? He could react by telling him “how much you have grown! You are a man!”, things like those that would tell you your very grandmother, for example. After summer, you can remember, you go to see your grandmother, after the summer, and you are a teenager. When you are a teenager you grow up like a demon and she would tell you “how much you have grown!!!” Well, it that: “how much have you grown. You are a man.”

[Next scene: Sansa receives Dany; there is a bit of tension between them]

After that, come more presentations. Come that scene with Jon and Daenerys, that scene that you have already seen in the trailer footage, in the outside of Winterfell. And of course, it is up to Sansa to deliver Winterfell to Daenerys. And, apparently, she is not going to do it eagerly. You have already seen that face that she makes and what you have seen that when Jon hugs Sansa, she looks up and sees Daenerys. All this, you have it already “located” as there are images already.

And Daenerys approaches, and she [Sansa] tells her that “Winterfell is yours”. Daenerys, of course, wants to ingratiate with Sansa, Daenerys realizes that Sansa, argh, hmmm hhhh [uncomfortable sounds], sitting regularly as she is present there. And, of course, what Daenerys is going to do? Well, talk about whatever, how nice is the North, the North is very beautiful, the North and its people, eh? Trying to ingratiate herself, telling thins like: How beautiful you are, Sansa, I see you very well, I see you are very good… I do not know, she could tell her thing like: You are as beautiful as the North… Things of that kind, to try to ingratiate, although Sansa, mmmm, I tell you: she [Sansa] is acting normal and she does not think highly of the presentation of Daenerys.

[Next scene: Bran informs everyone about the NK, and they decide to have a Great Northern Assembly]

And, of course, in the middle of all these presentations, it seems that there is a character that is in a hurry, that wants the things to move as they are there entertained in the patio. And of course who can be the character that wants to put a little bit of hurry to the others? Well, in this time is Bran. Bran is the one that is in a hurry, because he has to inform them that the Wall has fallen, and not only about the Wall, but also that the Night King has a dragon! So, the danger begins and this is deserves what? It deserves a great Northern Assembly, as only the northerners know how to do, so we go to the great to the great Northern Assembly and in that great Assembly there in the center: On one side Sansa on the other side Daenerys, and she [Sansa] has to introduce Daenerys [to the Assembly]. But, of course, there are many other issues to attend…

[Next scene: the Great Northern Assembly, tension between the Northerners, Lyanna Mormont openly criticizes Jon's decision to bend the knee; Jon claims that they need allies; the Northeners learn about the supposed Lannister troops; Tyrion defends Cersei]

And we must see what is the state of the troops, and which two Houses had to swear allegiance to the Starks? Well, as you already know, the Karstarks and the Umbers. So we have the little Jon Umber that is there, we have seen him in the last season, is a kid, a little boy, and the little Jon does not really have much to offer because, because he does not have many troops, he does not have many men. The North is very decimated, and what is the concern that Jon has, apart from all this, the troops, well, his concern is to warn everyone with crows that arrives the threat of the Night King. That the Night King has crossed the Wall, since the Night King has his own dragon, but, of course, there sits Daenerys with an empty face in the Northern Assembly. How the Northerners react? Because they do not react in a very simple way, why? Why among the northerners there is a character that has much more character than the rest and that character is Lady Mormont. There are some of you who call her Lady Bear. And of course, that Lady Bear had a lot to do with the election of Jon as King in the North, and suddenly this little stupid has found that Jon is accompanied by Daenerys.

Therefore, that little stupid how would react? Well, she will tell Jon that “they chose him, not to forget that we choose you, that we did not choose Daenerys. And that your function is to be the King in the North, that he has to govern the North.” But of course, what could Jon tell her? Well, that we need Daenerys to face the threat of the White Walkers, that we need allies because Jon is very obsessed with that issue of gathering allies, allies. He only wants allies, and his greatest ally not only, let’s say diplomatically but also in love, right now is Daenerys!

And it is clear that they will need all kinds of help! And which character promised help last season? Well, Cersei Lannister! Cersei Lannister promised to help them, she promised that she was going to send the Lannister troops to help fight the Night King. And.. [suspicious pause] Right there, there is a Lannister! A Lannister that we have mentioned a little by now at the beginning of this video. And this Lannister is: Tyrion! Because, of course, Tyrion Lannister is the one who actually spoke with Cersei to arrange this help, and, of course, what can Tyrion do during that Assembly? Well, talk nice about Jon, say well, “the King in the North is a great guy, is very nice and also my sister is going to send us the Lannister troops. My sister will help us by sending troops.” All of you already know that is not going to be that such troops will arrive, but Tyrion, right, is supposed that he is convinced that Cercei will send the troops, although many of know that Tyrion this season is a great traitor, so this that he is saying that “my sister will send troops, my sister will send troops” you already know that it is going to be a lie! There will not be those Lannister troops.

And how will the Northerners react to the announcement of Tyrion that Cersei will send troops? In a very simple waym by saying: “Lannister troops in the North! How will Lannister troops come to the North! No no!” And what will Jon do? Well, “man we need allies, we need all that help, even from the Lannisters”. And the assembly ends with the moods a little bit altered and with the protests of Sansa that “I can not believe not only bring you bring Daenerys to the North, but it seems that the Lannister troops will come as well”.

[Next scene: Sansa talks with Tyrion; Tyrion defends Cersei; Friki implies that this is a farce]

So, then this whole incident, in this great Northern Assembly, has to have a reaction, eh, because you know this is going to be the first of many assemblies to come, that they are going to have to gather to plan many things, and what reactions these? Well, because Sansa, after hearing that Tyrion says that Lannister troops will come, she has to talk with Tyrion. Because, remember, that Tyrion and Sansa have been married. And I say, they have been married, because many say that they are still married. I remind you that this is an unconsummated marriage. An unconsummated marriage is not a valid marriage.

Therefore for practical purposes, even if they were married, an uncompleted marriage is not a valid marriage. It is not equivalent a divorce, but this is were the talk is concentrated. And, of course, Sansa thinking of Lannister in the North speaks with Tyrion. And she can ask him? Well, she can ask, let’s see “you really believe that your sister will send troops in the North? Do you trust your sister?” And, of course, Tyrion, actually he knows Cersei, but, of course, as Cersei is pregnant, as Cersei is going to have a child, Cersei is going to have a descendant, an heir, well, Tyrion could think that Cersei has something to fight for. That is this heir, this descendant. For which he will try to calm Sansa, will try to make her see that his sister has changed to a certain way, and he knows very well why. Because she has an heir.

But all this is a farce, is a pantomime, because neither Cersei has changed, nor the plan has changed, nor they are going to receive any Lannister troops. But the appearances need to be maintained, and Tyrion is left to defend the pact he made with his sister, although this is a false pact. He has to tell to Sansa that yes, the troops will arrive, and that he trusts his sister.

[Next scene: Jon/Arya reunion; emotional; they talk about their weapons; Jon asks Arya to help him with Sansa and Dany]

But, of course, the scene at Winterfell could lead to many reunions, and which is one of the most anticipated reunions? The reunion between Jon and Arya! Jon and Arya they see each other, Jon and Arya hug with a lot of warmth. You already know that Jon has a soft spot for Arya. So they meet, they look at each other, both have changed a lot, but there is one thing that Arya has that hasn’t change! And that is: Needle! Aguja [needle in Spanish], her famous sword, a sword that Jon gave her as gift. And, of course, Jon was worried about Arya when he gave her the Needle and gave her the advice to “stick them with the pointy end”. eh? “with the pointy end” [in English now], and there they are! And now Jon has a weapon that he didn’t have before, eh, he has the Longclaw, a Valyrian steel sword. So they start showing their weapons, “Look! I have Longclaw that is Valyrian steel”, “Look! I have Needle”.

Of course, Jon will certainly ask her: “hhmmm, let’s see, have you used this sword?” and Arya will go like “well, yes, maybe a couple of times”, well for just to say something. You know, it was more than a couple, but OK, hmmm, ehhh, what would you say to your brother when he doesn’t know that you are a bloody assassin??? You might say “yeah from time to time I use it, a couple of times, a couple of punctures”… And this small reunion might give rise to a certain trick from Jon’s part, as he perfectly knows that Sansa does not like Daenerys, and of course. He is with Arya! Hehehe, therefore I, hmmmm [hesitates a bit] if I had Arya there… What would you do? Well, ask her to interfere a little bit for Daenerys, to ask her to help him a bit with the Sansa-Daenerys matter, help me [i.e. Jon] so Sansa likes a bit more Daenerys, help a bit, speak nicely of her [Dany], well, help me so that these two [Sansa and Dany] fit well together, otherwise this will crumble down like Aurora’s rosario [i.e., things will end badly, a Spanish expression].

[Next scene: King's Landing; Qyburn knows everything and informs Cersei; Cersei is happy how things are going in the North]

And while all this is happening at Winterfell, which is the other point of interest? Well, without any doubt: King’s Landing! Have we seen King’s Landing in the trailer? Yes! We have seen a Cersei and Qyburn in this high, let’s say, rooftop of the Red Keep watching the arrival of the Greyjoy fleet that transports the Golden Company! But, of course, at this point who is the one that takes care of all information in King’s Landing? Well, Qyburn, Qyburn, it is not strange that Qyburn at this point already knows that the Night King has crossed the Wall and that he has a dragon. And it is not strange to tell that to Cersei. And when Cersei finds out, what do you believe that she will think? She will like that or not? Apparently she will like it, because you already now Cersei’s plan, that is best if they kill each other up there [in the North] and that when that decimated day will arrive, I [Cersei] will come to kill them.

[Next scene: Greyjoys; Euron only thinks to arrive to KL and fuck Cersei; Golden Company arrives; no elephants]

So Qyburn can inform Cersei about what has happened beyond the Wall, that the Wall has fallen and the Night King has arrived, and she will will think that this is phenomenal, and fantastic. And there is the Greyjoy fleet with Euron Greyjoy, and who does he have as a prisoner Euron Greyjoy, a prisoner [using the female form in Spanish] better said? Yara Greyjoy. And clearly and by now you know that she is defiant, and we know from different rumors and other leaks that have found that she will not be killed by Euron, because she was already in Tyrion’s trial.

Well, Yara, this attractive [= chulita], defiant will speak with Euron, in those kind of talks that the Greyjoys have: [exchanging lines between Euron and Yara] “Why you do not kill me, already”, “I will not kill you yet”, “Why not?” “Because you are my family I'm not going to kill you now”, this or the other, I do not know.

So you know, how good those family talks of the Greyjoys are, so peaceful and so nice [ironically]. And of course you already know that Euron is also very dirty minded and what is his objective? Well, obviously to get to the King’s Landing for what? So that he can sleep with the Queen using Euron’s vulgar and teesy language to fuck the queen. And those are his intentions that he might be telling to Yara: “Yes, I want to reach King’s Landing to fuck the Queen!” Will he succeed? Good now, I will tell you if it is possible or not. The case is, that the troops arrive! The Golden Company arrives, led by Harry Strickland. And we go to the throne room, because Euron has to present Harry Strickland to Cersei, as the leader of the Golden Company.

Then, Harry Strickland arrives there, and then Euron introduces the Golden Company with all its forces: twenty thousand men, two thousand knights, eh, and two thousand horses, eh, and of course here is a little problem, hmmm… What we have been all expecting from the Golden Company? What do we all expect? Elephants! but in fact, in a direct surprise that I made with Acevedo during our criticism. I told you that in the trailer I thought I have seen an elephant, and then, however, in the analysis of the trailer, I did not say that, I did not say it, I did not tell you about the elephant. And many of the comments you made were about the elephant: “where is the elephant, I do not see it”, “the elephant!”.

I'll be honest, I did not say that again to you because after reviewing the images a thousand times it turns out that there was no elephant. I did not see it. I thought I saw it, but then, after seeing that edited version of that Lord of Light version of the trailer, I did not see the elephant. And this has left me very worried, because you know what? You know what? That the golden company comes without the elephants! It seems that elephants do not fit in the ships, it seems that the golden company is not going to bring the elephants. You will be now: “Out! Out! Lie! how they are going to bring the elephants? Well, I tell you, do not expect to see them hehehe [laughs] I tell you that if I was Cersei, and I personally would be very angry to find out that the Golden Company comes without the elephants.

It would give me so much anger, so much anger, that I would not stop repeating it!. But “how are they going to be without elephants?” Well, that's what I say on the matter. Well they did not enter in the ship of [incomprehensible]. Elephants and the Golden Company, hmmmm, friends, I tell you that no… There will be no elephants with the Golden Company. Well, the case is that we need to say farewell to Harry Strickland.

[Next scene: Euron goes to bed with Cersei; Cersei is still unhappy that the elephants did not arrive]

Cersei is still angry and you've already seen what Euron Greyjoy has to sleep with the Queen. And Euron has brought the Golden Company. Euron has fulfilled his part of the deal, Euron is the taxi driver of the sea. And now it is up to Cersei to fulfill [her part of the deal].

Cersei has to give to Euron what he is looking for. And Euron is looking to go to bed with her. Will he get it? The answer that he will get is, apparently, yes, because if not, Cersei is not going to always have Euron by her side, if she will not go to bed with him.

So after doing the trawl, Cersei and Euron end up in bed! And I've told you before, that if I was Cersei, and if I had to sleep with Euron to keep him happy, I would have to remind him after having slept with him that he has not brought the elephants.

And also for me [speaking as Cersei], the experience would be a bit traumatic and it would remind me of those times when I was forced to sleep with Robert and I did not really want to.

[Next scene: Theon rescues Yara; he asks permission to return to WF and help the Starks; Theon and his men, bearing Theon's sigil, take part in the defense of WF]

But, of course, the issue with the Greyjoys does not end there, because you already know, quite accurately, that Theon ends up taking a rescuing mission to save Yara. And, also, this has to be soon in order to fit in the plot. And you know that there is a scene that the Watchers on the Wall told us, in which they saw Alfie Allen [aka Theon] with Gemma Whelan [aka Yara] shooting together without Euron. And that scene seems to fit perfectly in the first chapter, why? Because Yara is now on one of those Greyjoy ships of Euron, Theon goes with his own ships that you have seen in the trailer, because they do not have the red dot that characterizes the kraken of Euron. And Theon is in charge of rescuing Yara in a quick rescuing operation. And, of course, for Theon his sister is the Queen but he [Theon] has an commitment.

Theon is in debt to the Starks. So that you know also from the information of that extra that was in the battle of Wintefell, that extra [fortsam? incomprehensible]. We know that Theon [he mistakenly said Euron in the video] participates in the defense in Winterfell, as already we have seen pictures of dolls dressed as Greyjoys, and dead dolls of dead Greyjoys.

But Greyjoys with the sigil of Theon. So Theon, after rescuing Yara, and that now, for Theon himself, she is the maximum authority that there is in the Iron Islands. As, we might say, he wants to remove that thorn, he asks permission to his sister, which for him is the real queen, he asks permission and tells her: [as Theon] “Ay, if you could let me go and help the Starks” And, of course, Yara, she cannot deny such a thing after everything that has happened. So, it is confirmed, you will see Theon at the defense of Winterfell. A thing that, if you are the most loyal watchers [of this channel] you already know.

[Next scene: Davos, Tyrion, and Varys as advisors, they know about Jonerys; Love is in the air; No Jonsa; Karstark troops arrive]

We return to Wintefell, because, because, they have to organize a lot of troops. They have to organize things. And there are three advisors, three advisors who are there simultaneously. These three advisors are: Davos, Tyrion, and Varys. And these three advisors know about the romantic situation between Jon and Daenerys. And I am very much afraid that this episode will be a torment for lovers of Jonsa, for lovers of romance between Jon and Sansa, because what they are going to see scenes where Jon and Daenerys are in love, that they are in love, the people around them note that, the love is in the air. Let’s go!, eh! They are all watching how this romance is growing progressively. Of course, and which troops are missing? Well the troops of the Karstarks are missing that will arrive.

[Next scene: Jon and Dany approach the dragons that have been hunting in the surroundings of WF; Dany continues with the #ridethedragonchallenge and Jon mounts Rhaegal; they both fly; when they land they share a passionate kiss]

And we have to talk as well about the dragons. Because we have already seen in the trailer that image in which the dragons are in a more secluded area of Winterfell, and there are animal bones. Because of course the dragons eat animals, eat 20, 20 goats. It was a huge amount of meat. And you have to have under control. And, of course, the Dothraki already know the dragons, some of the Dothraki have seen the dragons since childhood, and the Dothraki are having the responsibility to inform Daenerys about what the dragons are doing. And after, we will watch that mythical scene that you have already seen in the trailer, in which Jon and Daenerys approach the dragons. Daenerys to Drogon and Jon to Rhaegal. And of course that scene in which Jon and Daenerys approach the dragons, leads to what? You right now in your house you say “I know, I already know!” Well, it gives rise to what we have talked this Saturday.

Last Saturday we talked about that scene in the event “Kings of the West” in the bookshop “Akira Comics” to which some of you could attend. With Javi Marcos and with Neville SmileHD we made some jokes. We made a little jokes about it was a good time to do those scenes of “how to train your dragon”.

That is to say that it gives rise to the “master class” [in English] of Daenerys. Daenerys will mount on Dragon and will tell to Jon: “mount on Rhaegal” “Go, come on, mount him” And Jon is overwhelmed. Haarr. Like “how I'm going to ride a dragon, if I do not know how to ride a dragon?” But in reality, that does not matter. Who knows how to ride a dragon well? Only two people: Daenerys and the Night King are the only ones who have experience in Westeros of riding dragons. And right there she is telling Jon to mount him. And Jon Harrrr Hurrrr, tries to mount the dragon.

It took several attempts to climb on the dragon. And now, and now how it starts? It has no keys, it does not have anything, how it works? Well, what can be done with a dragon? Well, with a dragon you can actually do what you want. But, of course, from that moment the thing is not difficult, the thing is simple. The thing is that Jon and Daenerys each one starts flying with its dragon. Jon turns around “I will fall, I will not fall, I go up, I go down, I do not control the dragon so well”. Drogon goes near him as well. Then they land and after many emotions, after so much stress, how this scene can finish? Obviously with a passionate kiss, a kiss between Jon and Daenerys! This scene will make the Jonsas to melt in their houses and the Jonsa fans will see their hopes dissolved as sugar.

[Next scene: Arya/Gendry and Arya/Hound reunions; Gendry has been forging weapons; Gendry tries to please everyone by customizing their weapons; Gendry makes a dragonglass axe for the Hound; Arya asks for a spear with (probably) her Valyrian steel dagger; Arya meets the Hound; the Hound says little bitch, ; Gendry calls her "my lady" and she doesn't like that; there is some sexual tension, Gendrya]

And we are left, well, with many reunions. And you already know that this first episode lasts a bit more than 50 minutes, and they have to fit everything. Therefore, which reunions remain: Arya with the Hound, for example. Arya with Gendry! You have already seen in the trailer that Arya certainly meets with Gendry in the smithy, you have seen, there are the images. Actually, Gendry is there, it there hammering, is there organizing, forging weapons of dragonglass, forges this one, the other. And, of course, each character has, a little bit, its preferences, and Gendry is trying to please everyone.

For example, what kind of weapon the Hound might want? What kind of weapon the Hound might able to handle well? Well the Hound, maybe, who knows, maybe, could handle an axe but of dragonglass! And Gendry makes him an axe of dragon glass! Eh! And Arya? What kind of weapon she might want? Well, in the trailer, I am very scared, I have seen a scene, you too have seen it, where Arya was using a kind of rod, a kind of spear. But it seems that there is something different in its point. I told you that my theory was that this the dragonglass dagger that Arya has [I think that he means the Valyrian steel dagger that Arya has] could be used as in a different way. Could be used as a throwing spear for example. To do that, it would have to modify it. And for that, I fear, that she might have to ask Gendry to modify the dagger so it stays on the spear or on a stick, so she could transform this dagger to a weapon that could reach longer.

In a way that she could use it to defend against her enemies by keeping her distance. And you have see in the trailer Area wielding this weapon, that weapon modified by Gendry! And what would happen when Arya meets with the Hound? Well, the Hound with throw in her face, he will tell her in the face that she left him there to die, although he asked her to kill him. And she left, leaving him to die there. “Al libre albedrío” [A Spanish/Latin expression meaning kind of “on his free will”] Because there she behaved like a “little bitch” [in English], like a little bitch and she did not listen to him and kill him. But, of course, now he is alive. And we know that these two were going to meet again. And of course, Gendry and Arya, have left some unfinished business.

You know already that, for some strange reason, Gendry has the habit to call Arya “my Lady” [in English]. And when he sees her, he calls her again “my Lady” [in English]. And Arya gets angry that he keeps calling her “my lady”. And that Arya she is now sure quite sure of herself, that she is not the same, she is no longer a little girl and that she has changed. Maybe, we perceive some sexual tense between Gendry and Arya, the famous Gendrya. My Lady here, My Lady there. [Arya speaking] “do not call me my lady anymore”.

And who knows is in the end, maybe we are going to have a problem there. The truth is that is quite cool, is quite cool, that suddenly Arya appears with her Valyrian steel dagger, and she shows it to Gendry, who knows very well the Valyrian steel, and he says “Ahh Valyrian steel!” But she says “No no, forge it that way, on a rod, like this, like that, with a qroquis, with a drawing, with something. And he [Gendry] says that “I will going to improve that, I will make a weapon with longer reach”, and later this serves Arya to cut here and there the White Walkers.

[Next scene: Sansa keeps being annoying; she confronts Jon about bending the knee for love]

But, of course, life goes on in Winterfell, as after this first Northern Assembly, Jon has to talk to Sansa and you already know that the political conversations between Jon and Sansa do not go so well. Because Sansa always has the feeling that he does not listen to her, and that Sansa’s compromise is with the North, and that Sansa’s compromise it to remind Jon that he is the King in the North. And that he has to fight for the North. And that he has presented a foreign Queen.

But, of course, Jon on the other hand has to make Sansa see that they need allies and that right now their most loyal ally is Daenerys! But, of course, remember that talk between Littlefinger and Sansa, when Sansa finds out that Jon has bent the knee to Daenerys, and that cannot stay in the air.

As she has to ask Jon to explain this [decision to bend the knee] she needs to ask the following. She needs to ask the following: “Let’s see, Jon, I see you so sweet with Daenerys, and you have bent the knee. But you are telling me about the allies. You are telling me that you need that this Queen comes to the North. You are telling me all this, but let’s see.

You have bent the knee for what? You have bent the knee for the North or you bent the knee for love?” And what do you think? Jon puts a face of Haarrr [surpised]. “For the North or for Love” I say to you: [he is like] Pure Jonerys!

[Next scene: Sam/Dany reunion; Jorah as the intermediate; talk about the Greyscale cure; Dany informs Sam that she burned his father and brother; Sam is devastated but does not confront Dany]

And before I told you very fleetingly of another reunion, the reunion between Sam Tarly and Daenerys. Because, of course, Daenerys has fell upon no more no less Randyll Tarly and Dickon Tarly, the father and brother of Samwell. Of course, at some moment, Daenerys would have to face Sam and tell him that, but which the character that is the link between Samwell and Daenerys? Well, no other than Sir Jorah Mormont, Sir Friendzone, because you have already seen that Samwell Tarly cured Sir Jorah from the Greyscale. And Sir Jorah Mormont will go to talk with Daenerys and tell her that this was this Samwell Tarly, Daenerys knows that Samwell Tarly has saved Jorah from Greyscale. “So you have cured him?” “yes, of course, I study a lot these old things, I read old scrolls, I cut here I cut there and I cured him” Of course. “But you are Samwell Tarly, no?” “Yes, yes, yes” “Son of Randyll Tarly” “Yes, yes, yes” “Brother of Dickon Tarly? I have to tell you something”.

And Samwell, haarrr, [As Sam] “Ay, the Queen would like to tell me something, what kind of a surprise will be?” [As Daenerys] “Let’s see, I tell you that, it happened that I told your father to bend, to bend the knee. And what your father did? He didn’t bend the knee. He didn’t, he didn’t… And what did I have to do afterwards? Well, I barbecued him” [Sam] “Haarrr. Well, he was my father, well, I was not getting along well with him” [Dany] “Yes, but you brother Dickon did not want [to bend the knee] as well” Barbecue! Poom! “I killed Dickon!” And that hurts a Samwell, he is devastated, and the tears fall down his eyes, because in the end Daenerys has killed his father and brother.

But Sam is so noble, such a good guy, so pure. Imagine the situation, what would you had done in his position? You would have killed her, you would want to grab her by her hair, scratch her, rash! rash! take out her eyes, that you killed my family, And Samwell what does he do? “Many thanks for telling me! Thanks for telling me!” he tells her! Of course, after that revelation Samwell remains frustrated and obfuscated, comes out the backyard. Harrrr. [As Sam] “I wish a horse could hit me, and yes and no, Haarrr, my head is confused, what can I do, let’s go and talk to Bran”.

[Next scene: Bran talks with Sam; Bran gives Sam the task to tell Jon about his origins; Jon is in the crypts; Sam tell him the truth about his origins; Jon is surprised; cliffhanger there]

And Bran in this episode, you know, wants to hurry everyone, wants to keep things marching, [as Bran] “come Sam, we have to do things, the Night King is coming”. But OK, what kind of pending issue Bran and Sam have? They have a task, and this task is to go and tell Jon about his origins.

Tell Jon about his origins. And you already know, the Watchers on the Wall told us, that in the first episode there is a mysterious and secret scene in the first episode in the crypts with Sam and someone else. And it was speculated that that other character was Tyrion. It was speculated that that other character was Arya. But it turns out that there is not going to be neither. It turns out that is Jon, pondering in the crypts there, in front of Ned’s statue, thinking there. And, of course, Bran gets in the middle and leaves the “hot plate” to Samwell. Samwell is in charge to tell Jon about his origins.

So Samwell goes down to the crypts still dismayed by the dislike that he carries. Then Jon sees him arriving sweaty and disengaged and asks him “what happened Samwell, why I see you so strange, so bad” and Samwell is like “I just found out that Daenerys has burnt my father and my brother”. And Jon is left amazed. Jon did not know, is left like harrr, and Samwell tells like “man, I see you and Daenerys are like, yes and no [insinuating their romance] but sometimes Daenerys crosses the limits, she crosses the limits with some things”.

And, of course, Jon is left there thinking and he says again that we need allies, because he is repeating this thing with the allies, and he bent the knee to her, and she is the Queen. And that I am no longer the King in the North. And she is in command now. But Sam sees him like that, he just found out this news [about his father and brother?], and what Sam could say? And Sam is like “All is OK, for me is the same about the Night King, about the other, about that [like, all the other pressing issues that they face], but this Daenerys Targaryen does not have to be the Queen, you should be the King, because, well, I am going to tell you a few things. Because your mother is Lyanna Stark.” And Jon is Haaarrr. “And because you father is not Ned Stark” Haaarrr “Because your father is Rhaegar Targaryen, your father is Rhaegar Targaryen” Haaarrr!!! and Jon is like hirrrrg. “and I will not tell you only that. On top of that your name is Aegon Targaryen”. And Jon is like “but how”, gets closer to Sam, haaarrr haaaar “my father was the noblest man there is, he would never” [Sam] “Yes, yes, because he had to protect you, because he knew that you are a Targaryen, because if not, if King Robert would find out who you are, King Robert would kill you” and [pretending to be a shocked Jon] “I cannot believe that, I cannot believe that”. [Sam again] “And you are the legitimate heir of the Seven Kingdoms, and you are the Kind of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm.

Protector of the Realm, you are the bloody King of the Seven Kingdoms [in English]” And you see that Jon thought that Daenerys is the Queen but Sam is telling him that she should not, and instead he should be [the King]. And they leave us there, in the crypts. All this is left hanging there. Well, I am afraid that they must leave something for the second chapter. And this resolution cannot be in the same chapter that Jon learns about his origins. And reacts with negation, he reacts thinking “how is possible that my father, of course my father Ned Stark the most honorable man in all Westeros, has lied to me like that. I knew nothing” Well, well, I tell you that they leave this hanging there. Jon desperate, and Daeneys is not the Queen. And what is left?

[Final scene: Berric, Tormund and Edd are at CB; they discover symbols from the WW on the walls of a building; the NK arrives mounted on Viserion; the CB will fall]

Well, you need to remember the trailer and you need to remember that image of Berric, Tormund and Dolorous Edd in a castle. And which is the castle? And this castle is Castle Black, Castle Black, Castle Black, because, of course you know that Barric and Tormund made it alive from Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, if not they would have not been there [in the trailer] and they head towards Caste Black. People in the Night’s Watch are nervous, they receive them and they have a reunion with Dolorous Edd to communicate what you already know. You know that the Wall has fallen, the Army of the Night King has crossed, and that the Night King has a dragon.

Dolorous [Edd] is terrified, is desperate, and suddenly they start to walk in different places of the Castle Black. But there is a surprise! When the Wall fell, something has happened to the Castle Black! Something has changed, something has happened to the Castle Black. When they reach a building, and in this building maybe there are weird symbols on the walls. Maybe there is something, there is a message from the Night King! And they leave us like that with our asses twisted.

Because there are mystical drawings. There are things, there are figures, strange figures, cabalistic, those figures that the White Walkers make. And in the Castle Black they are left there, Berric, Dolorous Edd, when they see that they just realize that the Night King has left a mysterious message. Of course, but in the middle of all this intrigue, in the middle of all this intrigue, what is the preoccupation of all these characters? Well, to inform the people at Winterfell, they have to send ravens, they have to inform the people at Winterfell. They do not know that the people of Winterfell, actually, through Bran the people at Winterfell already have all the information. They do not know that even Cersei knows already what happened.

But OK, Javi Marcos already told you a spoiler, Javi Marcos already told you a leak, Javi Marcos already told us a revelation. And this revelation is that in the middle of the troops of the Night King there will be many brothers of the Night’s Watch! And how this episode will end? With the arrival of the Night King, mounting Viserion [at CB]. Surely the Castle Black will fall to the Night King. He arrives at the Castle Black with his troops. There you have it, more or less, the first chapter of the eighth season of the Game of Thrones.

• Love 3

Thanks for pointing out the new translation!

So, Sansa+Jon is a private moment, as was to be expected. 

Bran does point out his NK/Viserion info only during the "presentations" at the council, so the council (Dany being presented, etc) starts without this info being known.

Friki's take on Tyrion's manipulation is a result of Friki strongly believing in his EP6 leaks, IMO. I doubt one could conclude that only going by the first episode, we don't know Tyrion's thoughts. He could simply believe that Cersei will help because of her unborn child.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, SeanC said:

nd I don't see why it would look suspicious.   There is no reason for him to go to them and lie when they would not have known Cersei was going to betray them in the first place (and you say Theon could tell them, but they didn't know that).

If you don't see why Cersei's attack on WF will create problems for Jaime and Tyrion after they both guaranteed for her, I don't know what else I can say on this topic.

12 minutes ago, SeanC said:

The writers considered his pact with the Masters to be a good thing

Then it seems someone else wrote E8 of S6.

12 minutes ago, SeanC said:

They compared him to Abraham Lincoln, and when he offered his defense of the situation to Dany on her return, she accepted it

And what you expected them to say in Inside the episode about E4?  That his plan will fail? She accepted that he stabilized situation within the city and that the people are behind her now. Becuase as I said not every move he made was mistake.

15 minutes ago, SeanC said:

There's a big difference between you or me thinking that Tyrion's advice is bad and the show thinking of it as such.  

I don't see how after what other characters told Tyrion in S6 and S7 (Daenerys,Grey Worm and Missandei) you think that the show want to portray Tyrion as capable Hand. And also after what we know will happen in E1 where Tyrion will defend Cersei. 

Why is everyone so sure that Gendry will die in 803?

And isn't possible that Friki is assuming that Tyrion is being duplicitous only because of the 'leak' from another source we're not sure is real?

Edited by LadyChaos

I’m leaning towards Gendry surviving the series, mostly because I don’t know why D&D would bother bringing him back after such a long break just to kill him.  There’s plenty of 2nd tier good guys who are surely going to die ie Pod, Jorah, Tormund, Edd etc, so they are not hurting for people who we will be sad to see die.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyChaos said:

so he filmed the entire time?

Most of it. Among others, notably Maisie, Kit, Liam, Peter filmed until end of June/beginning of July, Lena filmed the staircases scenes last October, IIRC. It doesn't mean that Gendry will survive, but it's a bit premature imo to take his death for granted, unlike characters whose actors who didn't film much (RIP, Pod).

Friki posted a video on Instagram. It seems that HBO hired a guy  ("Dave the Fixer") to pretend that Friki stole the video from him; the process to sort things out should last a month, conveniently. Between this WTF "strategy" and the Jonsa stan who reported Friki to HBO so that they could prevent him from uploading his 8x01 video, this pre-season is already crazier than Aerys. 😵

Edited by Happy Harpy

I never get over how D&D have just kicked aside Dany's claim to the Iron Throne in favor of Jon's. I don't doubt that is Martin's intent, but it still sucks. They least they could do is present them as rival claims considering that Jon is the far less powerful than Dany in terms of armies, dragons, and magic. 

• Love 1

"Friki was basically saying that it seems HBO hired a company to do the dirty work for them and take down friki's videos at least on Instagram, a guy working from that company (which Friki gave him the nickname of "David The Fixer") contacted Friki and told him the reason for deleting the video was that HE created the video which is obviously not true"

This is what HBO is doing to stop him? LOOOOOL Good luck. 

5 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I never get over how D&D have just kicked aside Dany's claim to the Iron Throne in favor of Jon's. I don't doubt that is Martin's intent, but it still sucks. They least they could do is present them as rival claims considering that Jon is the far less powerful than Dany in terms of armies, dragons, and magic. 

Claims and actual power are two different things. Stannis had a better claim than Renly, and yet the lords mostly declared for the latter and gave him more power.

I'll wait and see before judging, re: the heir to the Iron Throne. It could be some "in your face" formulation used for the season finale and maximum impact. Sam does repeat it in 8x01, yet he has an obvious emotional bias at that moment.

Book purists have been fighting for 20 years about Jon's claim vs Dany's claim (Aerys having declared Viserys as his heir complicates things). It isn't absolutely impossible it's mentioned on the show if there's some squabble in 8x02 between advisors especially; I could see Tyrion refer to it in order to defend Dany's rights, for example.

They could also have Jon respect his word and refuse any birth right, stating that his opinion didn't change and Dany is still the most worthy to be queen in his eyes.

Imo, claims won't matter in the end. If someone sits on the throne it will be similar as how Robert ended on it, someone who saved the realm and happens to have king's/Targ blood. It could be two someone, reigning as equals.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, nikma said:

If you don't see why Cersei's attack on WF will create problems for Jaime and Tyrion after they both guaranteed for her, I don't know what else I can say on this topic.

Jaime didn't "guarantee" anything about Cersei.  He came to warn them about her -- it strikes me as unlikely he'd be blamed for her changing her plans, seeing as there's no reason for him to come to them to try to mislead them about something they didn't know about.

I don't see how after what other characters told Tyrion in S6 and S7 (Daenerys,Grey Worm and Missandei) you think that the show want to portray Tyrion as capable Hand. 

I don't know how you can walk away from Season 6 thinking that we're not supposed to think Tyrion is a capable Hand, seeing as it ends with Dany literally making him Hand as a reward for all his good work.

The narrative never blames Tyrion for any of the things that go wrong -- indeed, whenever Dany gets mad at him, we're supposed to be on his side.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Jaime didn't "guarantee" anything about Cersei.  He came to warn them about her

First, we don''t know that Jaime will be the one to warn the Starks about the CG. It could very well be Theon. 

This was part of my speculation why I think it is possible to create situation where Tyrion will betray the Starks, while not doing anything OOC. So I said that fans always talk only about Cersei, but there is Jaime, their child, and Lannister name in general that he could care about. So I speculated about the situation where Arya and Sansa could see Jaime as an enemy, because I said that Jaime could guarantee that Cersei is not interesting in attacking the North. And combined with what we know Tyrion will say in E1, that won't look good when Cersei does attack the North.

Or the reasons could be different, I don't want to waste so much time creating details about something that maybe won't even happen.

The point is, there are ways to make Lannisters as a whole look like the enemies, there are ways for D&D to create situation where Tyrion will be forced to choose between the Lannisters and the rest of the world.

What will D&D do  I don't know. we will see soon, I just said it does't need to be only about Cersei. 

Edited by nikma
13 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I don't know how you can walk away from Season 6 thinking that we're not supposed to think Tyrion is a capable Hand, seeing as it ends with Dany literally making him Hand as a reward for all his good work.

The narrative never blames Tyrion for any of the things that go wrong -- indeed, whenever Dany gets mad at him, we're supposed to be on his side.

I think you are obsessed with what "we are supposed to think" and not what D&D actually wrote.

They wrote a season where Tyrion ignores advice that he got from Grey Worm and Missandei about his pact with Masters, and everything goes to shit. And then Grey Worm said to him that his plans are shit in E8.  Dany came to save the day.

Then they wrote a season where he made many mistakes and Dany blames him for that all the time. I don't get  why "we're supposed to be on his side". Especially since he will be executed as a traitor in S8.  And more of his plans are going to shit in E1 of next season. Even Nikolaj said in his latest interview that everything Tyrion does goes to shit. It was written that way. He was not written as capable Hand. 

Not everything he did was bad, as I said, he did brought people to her side in Meeren, he showed loyalty and he gave some good political advice to Dany. But most of all, he became Hand because GRRM told D&D that he will become Hand in the future books. They tried to create some achievements for him in S6, but as they knew that he will die as a traitor at the end, they also wrote some mistakes in Meereen, and a lot more mistakes in Westeros, and I think everything will culminate in the last season, where he gets killed at the end. 

• Love 1