Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

How well do you guys trust the guy on YT called Fire and Blood? He says that he already knows what Friki will release tomorrow, and that he thinks its another fake out but tells us what Friki is suppose to tell us and says we can decided for ourselves.

Also, I found a video online that said that were sent a 'leak' that pregnant Dany dies in 803, and Melissandre brings her back, but the baby dies......... I don't believe this, I just think its funny.

2 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

How well do you guys trust the guy on YT called Fire and Blood? He says that he already knows what Friki will release tomorrow, and that he thinks its another fake out but tells us what Friki is suppose to tell us and says we can decided for ourselves.

Also, I found a video online that said that were sent a 'leak' that pregnant Dany dies in 803, and Melissandre brings her back, but the baby dies......... I don't believe this, I just think its funny.

You mean Ser Hunt ?

Click bait.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyChaos said:

What about  Ser Hunts Review?

Ser Hunts and Fire and Blood are always "Leaking" silly fan fiction as legitimate "leaks" and "Spoilers". They have zero credibility. Just clickbait. Though Fire and Blood does come up with some interesting stuff, I pick through his stuff just to see what insanity he's putting out today. Tomorrow it'll be something different. 

I do usually believe Friki, he's at least in the right country, and he quits when it's something he cannot possibly know, because it was filmed in a studio.

Edited by whoknowswho
don't usually bag on youtubers but these guys bug me
  • Love 2

Yes, I've read claytoys spoilers. I don't really believe him, because if I remember correctly, he made some dubious predictions in the past. But if he's a fleaker, I have to give him credit for inventing fake spoilers for every major character instead of ignoring characters like Bran.

19 minutes ago, nikma said:

Game-of-Thrones-Season-8-Official-Poster

That is a magnificent design. Definitely one of the best posters to date.

In other news, Sky Atlantic asked at the press junket whom the cast would like to see on the Iron Throne:

Kristofer: Tormund doesn’t believe in thrones.

Rory: Tyrion

Jerome: Arya or Tyrion (to which Nikolaj said that everything Tyrion has done has gone to shit)

Liam: Sam

Emilia: the dragons

Gwendoline: Drogon

Sophie and Maisie: Sansa

Isaac: Sansa

No one mentioned Jon or Dany.

• Love 3

Someone on Freefolk is translating the video. Here's what he has so far:

Edited to update.

I knew the Lannister deal would be a cause for strife with Sansa and Jon.

Varys & Tyrion probably in a cart (not horseback riding) might be talking "balls" (or lack thereof)

Jon/Bran reunion. Jon to Bran "Let me see how much you've grown, almost a man grown now ..." or smth to that effect

Sansa "offers" WF to Danny. Danny is a aware of the cold reception, some small talk the North is so beautiful ... you're as beautiful as the North"

Bran has to let them know that the Wall has fallen and the NK has a dragon so a Grand Northern Assembly is organized: Jon in the middle, Sanas and Danny on each of his sides.

Subjects will include:

introducing Danny

the current status of the troops

Small Jon Umber in attendance

Jon says they need to send ravens to let everybody know the KN has crossed the Wall and has his own dragon

Danny watching the reaction of the Northern Lords which is not very sensible

Lyanna Mormont to Jon: "Don't forget that we chose you not Danny, your job is to rule the North"

Jon: "We need allies/Danny to fight back the WW" - Jon is obsessed w/ allies

Tyrion speaks well of Jon and tells them that his sister will send troops

The Northern Lords are not happy to hear that Lannister troops are about to come in the North

Jon tries to convince them that they need all the help that they can get, even Lannister troops

The Assembly does not conclude well. Sansa is pissed "Not only did you bring Danny in the North but now you bring Lannister troops too?"

This is the first of many assemblies. They need to get together to make all sorts of plans

5) Sansa meets w/ Tyrion to talks about the Lannister troops: "You really trust your sister and believe she'll send troops to help the North?" Tyrion, thinking that Cersei is pregnant and she has a reason to fight, he tries to assure Sansa that his sister is somewhat changed and he trusts her and that she will indeed send troops.

6) Jon/Arya reunion - they embrace lovingly. They "compare" swords (Longclaw vs Needle): Jon: Did you get to used Needle? Arya: A time or two

Jon realises that Sanasa doesn't like Danny and he asks Arya to help put in a good word on his behalf.

7) KL the Greyjoy fleet gets the Golden Company to KL.

Qyburn tells Cersei that the NK has crossed the Wall and he has a dragon which is good news for Cercei "let them kill each other in the North"

Euron/Yara talk -

Y: "*why don't kill me now?"

E: "you're my family blah, blah ... I have better plans than you, I'm gonna get me some Cersei ass!" in the Throne Room, Euron presents Harry Strickland & The Golden Company (minus elephants)

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 3

North Assembly: Everyone does not like Daeenerys especially Jon not being King. Jon is obsessed with allies. Tyrion defends Cersei and says to everyone she is coming to help.

After Assembly Tyrion tries to calm Sansa cleary annoyed with Jon and Lannisters coming. Tyrion defends Cersei again.

1 minute ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Isn't Smalljon Umber dead? Or do they mean Ned Umber?

Yeah. Ned Umber. It was mistake. 

27 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Danny is a aware of the cold reception, some small talk the North is so beautiful ... you're as beautiful as the North"

I see this working for Dany as well as it did for Sansa when she tried that with Lyanna Mormont.

28 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Jon says they need to send ravens to let everybody know the KN has crossed the Wall and has his own dragon

Danny watching the reaction of the Northern Lords which is not very sensible

Not very sensible maybe because they might just be wondering how the NK came to own a dragon? Wonder who else there used to have 3 dragons and lost one...

• Love 3

FK starts recapitulating the images that we have already seen in the trailer. Varys and Tyrion will arrive at Winterfell by wagon, while Tyrion jokes about Varys and his genitals. Besides and according to him, we will have to see Daenerys telling Sam that she has burned her father and her brother. The meeting of Jon and Bran: The king in the north will hug his brother and tell him how much he has grown. Subsequently, there will be presentations where Jon officially presents Sansa (images that we have already seen). Daenerys will try to ingratiate herself with Sansa, something like the beautiful north like you. Bran in the middle of the presentations, will inform about the dragon that the king of the night has and about the threat that supposes, which will lead to a northern assembly. Jon to know this information, send crows to all in order to know these events. In the middle of the northern assembly, Lady Mormont will tell you that they chose Jon as king not Dany. He will answer that they need Daenerys to defeat the king of the night and his army. They also talk about the army that Cersei is going to send, Tyrion is convinced of it and will talk about it during this assembly, at the same time he speaks well of Jon. All this will make the assembly very tense, especially for Sansa. Lady of Winterfell will ask Tyrion about this question, the queen's hand tries to reassure her saying that she does trust her sister. Later we will see the long-awaited reunion between Jon and Arya, which merge in a hug. In addition, weapons will also be displayed. Jon will ask if she has used needle, to which Arya responds yes. He also asks his sister to please help him about Sansa and Daenerys since Jon is aware that his sister does not like Dany.

Meanwhile in KL, Quyburn informs Cersei that the dead dragon has crossed the wall and is going to attack the seven kingdoms (scene from the trailer). Plus, we'll see a chat between Euron and Yara. He tells his niece that he is going to KL to fuck the queen. About the GC: it seems they arrive without the elephants what seems to enrage the queen, who will sleep with Euron for bringing her the Essos army.

Theon after rescuing his sister, will fight in the Battle of Winterfell. In the capital of the north, we will see scenes of the Jonerys (YEEESSS). Davos, Tyrion and Varys will organize the troops, since some are still to come as the Karstark. The scene in which Jon and Dany approach the dragons: she proposes that he ride in Rhaegal, Jon climbs and flies. After the flight, there will be a kiss (YESS).

Arya will also be reunited with the dog and Gendry, who is preparing weapons for the great war. For the dog, the blacksmith will make a dragonglass ax. The hound will tell Arya because he did not kill him, while Gendry will "call her my lady" to "disturb her". There will be some sexual tension between Arya and Gendry.

There will be a tense discussion between Sansa and Jon, in which she will ask him if he has kneed in the north or out of love, Jon will be surprised by this question.

Ser Jorah will be present when Daenerys informs Sam that he has burned his father and brother. The death of his father does not affect him much, but it does affect his brother's death. However, Sam is grateful for the information and is going to talk to Sam. Both have a pending task, tell Jon who he really is.

Sam goes down to the crypts to inform Jon, but does not reveal it yet but tells him about his father and brother. Sam tells him that Daenerys does not have to be the queen, but that he is the one who should be king, and if friends Sam finally reveals to Jon who really is.

Tormund, Edd and Beric who are in CB, find a kind of weird message on the walls made by the king of the night, which will intrigue us all. After these events, the king of the night will attack CB and thus the episode will end.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, nikma said:

HBO blocked Friki's video LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I wouldn't be so amused. It probably means there won't be any more leak videos for S8 from Friki. 

Freefolk mods also removed a post discussing the video at HBO's request, which means that they're watching the subreddit, as well.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
3 minutes ago, nikma said:

Well' it means he was right. 

Claytoy proven fake, as expected. 

He's right about the leaks from his subtitling/HBO Spain source, but no one ever questioned that. Friki's  Dragonpit info, which is from a different source, is the one that's in question, and we won't know that...well, probably until 8x06 airs, if HBO has managed to muzzle Friki.

Friki's video getting immediately sniped by HBO means that you're likely never going to see the other leak videos for the remainder of S8. If you're okay with that, then great, I guess.

Edited by Eyes High
20 minutes ago, nikma said:

Tormund, Edd and Beric who are in CB, find a kind of weird message on the walls made by the king of the night, which will intrigue us all. After these events, the king of the night will attack CB and thus the episode will end.

What is CB? And any chance that we see Hotpie in this final season?

8 minutes ago, nikma said:

HBO blocked Friki's video LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

How can HBO get YT do this? What rule is Friki violating?

Just now, Eyes High said:

He's right about the leaks from his subtitling/HBO Spain source, but no one ever questioned that. Friki's  Dragonpit info, which is from a different source, is the one that's in question.

Not for me. 

1 minute ago, Eyes High said:

Friki's video getting immediately sniped by HBO means that you're likely never going to see the other leak videos for the remainder of S8. If you're okay with that, then great, I guess.

They can't stop him. They tried in the past and failed. 

-Arya and Jon reunion = delivers.

-Arya and Gendry reunion = delivers. Sexual tension, baby! 😍

I'm in heaven right now. If you add:

-Arya and The Hound, Jon and Bran reunite.

-Yara is still alive, and Theon frees her, YAY for the Greyjoy siblings.

-Jon rides Rhaegal = wow, before the reveal? Well played.

I'm going to be an extremely happy camper with 8x01, in spite of you-know-who's expected obnoxiousness.

Dany impresses me. She seems the better person and the better diplomat by staying gracious vs Emma Frost. She informs Sam herself about the Crispy Tarlys, she assumes the responsibility of her decision, it's very mature. She "shares" her dragons with Jon.

Cersei doesn't intend to send the GC to Winterfell. If the GC goes North, I do think something is going to make her snap.

On the other hand, the Northerners still didn't get it. They'll probably be wiped out, I won't cry over them. They might be smarter as wights than as people. Only disappointed that the writers use Lyanna Mormont to replace Glover as a naysayer.

2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

What is CB?

Castle Black.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

On the other hand, the Northerners still didn't get it. They'll probably be wiped out, I won't cry over them. They might be smarter as wights than as people. Only disappointed that the writers use Lyanna Mormont to replace Glover as a naysayer.

I also think the Northerners will be wiped out with only a few people remaining for which ever Stark who is in charge of Winterfell to rule. 

I was reading the thread on the translation. It seems like Friki also says or speculates that Tyrion knew that Cersei would not be sending any troops. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, nikma said:

I agree, he'll find another way. He consulted lawyers back then, they'll find a loop for his videos. Even without videos, word will pass on.

They only just confirm that his leaks are true. With the money he's going to make, he'll be able to afford his lawyers.

1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

I also think the Northerners will be wiped out with only a few people remaining for which ever Stark who is in charge of Winterfell to rule. 

I was reading the thread on the translation. It seems like Friki also says or speculates that Tyrion knew that Cersei would not be sending any troops. 

He said that Tyrion will chat with Sansa and defends the pact he made with his sister, that Cersei is pregnant, she has a reason to fight the dead. Then said it's a farce and Tyrion is a traitor (I can't go back to find the verbatim, if HBO had the video taken out).

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, nikma said:

Not for me. 

They succeeded for S6. He managed two (maybe three) episode summaries before HBO shut him down. 

Also, while admittedly this isn’t a beat-by-beat recap, it sounds like the Hound doesn’t even interact with Sansa upon arriving at Winterfell.  SanSan fans are surely long used to disappointment from the show, but I expect that will just rub more salt in the wound.

Well, it should be of some consolation to them that her reunions with Tyrion and Jon are very frosty.

The callback to Arya not killing Sandor in S4 (apparently, Sandor brings it up during that scene) seems like a hint that Arya will indeed kill Sandor this season.

Sure sounds like Gendry/Arya may be happening, although I'm wondering if that's just to make Gendry being turned into a wight that much more tragic.

Edited by Eyes High
7 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Only disappointed that the writers use Lyanna Mormont to replace Glover as a naysayer.

Lyanna was vocally opposed to Jon going south in 702, so that’s consistent.

Also, while admittedly this isn’t a beat-by-beat recap, it sounds like the Hound doesn’t even interact with Sansa upon arriving at Winterfell.  SanSan fans are surely long used to disappointment from the show, but I expect that will just rub more salt in the wound.

• Love 4

Two things about Friki's leaks that bug me: 1) I would think that the Jon/Arya reunion would be more prominent and soon after he arrives at Winterfell and 2) Jon riding Rhaegal in the first episode and not later in the season. 

3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

They succeeded for S6. He managed two (maybe three) episode summaries before HBO shut him down. 

No. He gave leaks for the entire S6. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

He said that Tyrion will chat with Sansa and defends the pact he made with his sister, that Cersei is pregnant, she has a reason to fight the dead. Then said it's a farce and Tyrion is a traitor (I can't go back to find the verbatim, if HBO had the video taken out).

But, why? He has to know that Cersei will kill him if Dany and Jon are defeated. I still find it difficult to understand the motivation for Tyrion's betrayal.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Freefolk mods also removed a post discussing the video at HBO's request, which means that they're watching the subreddit, as well. 

The mod was making a joke.  The post is still there. 

• Love 2

Also, interesting that Qyburn knows about the Ice Dragon breaching the wall already, and really Cersei doesn’t care? Whose supplying him with this information? Is it possible it’s Tyrion and that’s the betrayal?