Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Nashville said:

but I think Paul's primary goal is to dilute as much as possible the notion of an active Paul-Christmas alliance, in an attempt to preserve it.

He has been planting seeds of doubt on where she stands so it could be that he is manipulating her into the position of threat to evict.  His foil in a word.   

(edited)

I saw some people doing an injury rundown on another site and had to stop to think about it myself. So far this season we have:

Raven: dying. And something about stitches.
Christmas: broken foot
Mark: dislocated finger
Kevin: broken tooth
Cody: rash (caused by the frog costume?)
Dominique: lower body injury*

Did I miss anyone? Because wow. I hope Big Brother is getting a discount package for all these doctor visits. Is there a card they're collecting stamps on? Do they get a free coffee on the 10th appointment?

*It was mentioned last night by Raven and I think it's just a pulled/sore muscle. But it was funnier to me to put it like they do when a hockey player is hurt but they don't want to admit where so that when he comes back, the other teams don't focus their hits there.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I understand what you are saying Nashville, except that ruining Christmas game is not protecting her. But it might backfire on Paul himself when it gets back to her. 

23 minutes ago, wings707 said:

He has been planting seeds of doubt on where she stands so it could be that he is manipulating her into the position of threat to evict.  His foil in a word.   

The best ally is one who needs you more than you need them.  Having an ally and contributing to a weakening of their position are not mutually exclusive aims.

• Love 2

I can't tell if my feed froze or if the puppies are just sleeping.

I like puppies just as much as kittens, despite having "crazy cat lady" as a life goal on my dream board, but this is pretty dull. Can we have the kittens back? Please?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, P2C2E said:

Not gonna lie, it would be pretty awesome to see it play out that BB announces that Christmas isn't coming back, no eviction because of that, Ramses curse is complete, Cody is still in the house and can play for HoH and Paul can't.

Oh this would be so amazing. A girl can dream...well at least I can until tonight's actual eviction.  But what if..??

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Rbonnie said:

Oh this would be so amazing. A girl can dream...well at least I can until tonight's actual eviction.  But what if..??

That would be awesome. But Paul can't go on the block anyway :( 

I cannot get excited about Cody staying, should that happen.  He is taciturn and curled around Jessica the majority of the time.   He does not offer much.  I like to hear HGs speak about their strategy to their alliance. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Who's most likely to win this? Alex?

Her. Jessica. Maybe Ramses. Wall comps tend to favour the slight women. Mark should drop like a ton of bricks, Raven won't be able to play, Christmas won't be able to play. Josh and Kevin will be off quickly. I guess Jason may have a shot, since he's used to bucking bulls?

Elena doesn't count. Did I forget anyone?

ETA: Dominique and Matt. Nope, didn't miss anyone! 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

I'm watching Raven apply her ghost-face makeup. Can't she see how terrible it looks to make her face so white compared to the rest of her?

I think that's the point. She wants to look like a consumptive 19th century heroine. That ending shot of her last night standing behind the fish tank, looking up at it, was reminiscent of Pre-Raphaelite Ophelia.

• Love 4
Just now, Michichick said:

I'm watching Raven apply her ghost-face makeup. Can't she see how terrible it looks to make her face so white compared to the rest of her?

I have to admit, I felt kind of bad for cracking on her makeup the other day. I was getting ready to go out for dinner and I guess my pale skin actually picked up some colour (somehow. I try so very hard to avoid it. Sunlight *hiss*) and my face was a bit lighter than the rest of me. Until I abused the bronzer and thankfully, it was a dark restaurant. 

But then I saw her applying a base coat of Eggshell White wall paint to her face and the feeling went away.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I think that's the point. She wants to look like a consumptive 19th century heroine. That ending shot of her last night standing behind the fish tank, looking up at it, was reminiscent of Pre-Raphaelite Ophelia.

Ok well if that's the look she's going for, she's achieved it!

My greatest wish for this season is that they never mention her disease on the show. I'd love to see her face when she watches the episodes and realizes her tragic tale never made it on-air.

• Love 11
Just now, Ceeg said:

Who's most likely to win this? Alex?

Just quickly looked back the last several seasons- Most people seemed to be smaller & thinner in statue: Nicole, James, Elissa, Danielle Murphee, Dani Donato. The tallest person that won was Cody- but that was during Part 1 of HOH & so his competition was Derrick & Victoria- we all knew it was Cody's unless he slipped or something. 

So yeah smaller people for sure, Alex, Ramses, Jessica. Paul was 3rd last season. If he was playing could hold on. I think Christmas would of rocked this one, such a shame. 

Mark, Josh, Kevin will drop fast I think. 

Elena- who the hell knows- I'm going to say probably not- but you never know. 

Jason's a wild card. 

Dunno about Dom or Matt. 

Well then, that means Christmas and Raven won't be participating. I think it'll be between Jessica, Alex, and Ramses. Mark/Matt won't be able to hold on, and I'm not sure about Elena/Dominique when it comes to physical endurance. I also don't know about Kevin and Josh. Josh might try to, but I don't think he'll last very long. Jason is a wild card, but I don't think he'll be holding on long either. 

I'm rooting for Ramses, fine with Jessica, and hoping for Alex. However, I worry that any of them will be swayed by Paul. Either way, if one of those three win, I expect Mark/Dom noms, or Mark/Elena. Matt/Raven, unfortunately for us, won't be touched as long as King Paul is in control. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Cody said he would not do any after events or interviews if Josh was going to be there.  He really hates him. 

Here's hoping Josh shows up to every group interview and after event!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Cody said he would not do any after events or interviews if Josh was going to be there.  He really hates him. 

Eh.  I suspect that is just in-house hyperbole.  Things change when they get out of BB house.  Or not.  Cody is very, very proud of being a Marine, and Josh was trash talking the Marines as being the branch of the military that "doesn't do anything" so...this could be a real grudge. 

1 minute ago, HurricaneVal said:

Eh.  I suspect that is just in-house hyperbole.  Things change when they get out of BB house.  Or not.  Cody is very, very proud of being a Marine, and Josh was trash talking the Marines as being the branch of the military that "doesn't do anything" so...this could be a real grudge. 

Also, Josh may be a little shocked how bad he's coming off on BB. I think he thinks  that he & Jessica are the heroes & fan favorites. He might be in for a shock unless he goes into immediate lockdown for the Battle Back or whatever it's called. I agree that once everyone is out things could settle down a bit. He could still hate the guy but it might be lessen by the end of summer if he's not in the house any longer.

(edited)

Raven just told Matt that she thinks Dom is playing a better game than they realized.  She thinks Dom has both sides.

Edited by zorak

I heard Cody saying he is from Lake Mills, IA, so I did a search and found out that I know his great aunt and probably second/third cousins of his! His great aunt and my mom were in college together. This is so weird.

I think Josh was chugging pickle juice and threw it up. For some reason he's supposed to finish it and Jason was yelling "Do it the Iowa way!" OK, Josh finished the rest of his pickle juice. Now he's a man.

The Matt/Raven convo just made me hate Matt more that I already did. I mean I don't like Raven and she is kinda stupid, but he was so condescending about her game thoughts. He is deeply arrogant and entitled and no one sees it, which drives me insane. And just in general the way he acts towards Raven gives me the creeps. Although the way she acts towards him does, too. They're just disturbing to me. Ugh I hate that they're both going to last until the end.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Matt/Raven convo just made me hate Matt more that I already did. I mean I don't like Raven and she is kinda stupid, but he was so condescending about her game thoughts. He is deeply arrogant and entitled and no one sees it, which drives me insane. And just in general the way he acts towards Raven gives me the creeps. Although the way she acts towards him does, too. They're just disturbing to me. Ugh I hate that they're both going to last until the end.

I haven't noticed because I don't stay on a camera with them on it long!  I have made note and will pay attention.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, zorak said:

I'm pretty sure she said "has".

After Dom's show last night, her game may have shifted more towards the past tense.

11 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I think Josh was chugging pickle juice and threw it up. For some reason he's supposed to finish it and Jason was yelling "Do it the Iowa way!" OK, Josh finished the rest of his pickle juice. Now he's a man.

Josh had some kind of a bet riding on one of the BY pool games - loser had to chug pickle juice for I don't know how many days running - and Josh lost.

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Here's the worst part: say they get their way and it's a Paul/Matt/Raven F3. If Paul wins final HoH, he boots Raven because you can't win against her. But if he boots her, he loses. So Matt wins BB19.

• Love 1
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

I'm not a Matt fan either.  His assertion that the people who already have blood on their hands should be the ones to keep having blood on their hands bugged me.  He's also talked about various people who aren't on his side who he says don't serve a purpose to his game.  That's fair on some level to think about it in those terms, but at the same time, what purpose is he serving to the people on his own side?  Has he won anything?  Is he willing to get blood on his hands?  No and no.  So until he can prove his worth, he can just shut up as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, Nashville said:

After Dom's show last night, her game may have shifted more towards the past tense.

I don't disagree, I was just relaying what Raven seems to think.  Raven also said she thinks maybe Dom was trying to stir the pot so she would look better to the other side of the house.  I'm not sure how that would be.  Matt told her he thinks Dom failed on that front if that was her goal.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

I'm not a Matt fan either.  His assertion that the people who already have blood on their hands should be the ones to keep having blood on their hands bugged me. 

Why?  If you can work someone else to the point they're the one alienating all the Jury, more power to ya.  :)

He's also talked about various people who aren't on his side who he says don't serve a purpose to his game.  That's fair on some level to think about it in those terms, but at the same time, what purpose is he serving to the people on his own side?  Has he won anything?  Is he willing to get blood on his hands?  No and no.  So until he can prove his worth, he can just shut up as far as I'm concerned.

Matt is apparently demonstrating more game smarts than I had originally given him credit for - and if he can contribute insight to his alliance, that's something. 

Something unique this season, actually. 

Most of these folks are demonstrating embarrassingly little game sense so far.

ETA: Last night after the Dom Show, Matt was surprising me more than a little at how calmly and dispassionately he could analyze the goings-on.  Not taking things personally in this game is (I expect) a more valuable skill than most.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 2
(edited)

I hate myself for saying this but I hope Christmas doesn't come back from her surgery/decides to drop/is told by Production that she can no longer compete. Because if that were the case, I would hope for either a cancelled eviction or a locked door when Cody is voted out and we could have a do-over. Paul would have lost a week of safety, lost an ally, had his HoH declared null and void, and we could continue the Cody versus Paul story without a battle back and Jessica making more VICTIM NOISES.

I sincerely hope Christmas is okay but I'm all about the maximum chaos.

Also, is Matt going to carry Raven into the DR to cast her vote tonight? 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I hate myself for saying this but I hope Christmas doesn't come back from her surgery/decides to drop/is told by Production that she can no longer compete. Because if that were the case, I would hope for either a cancelled eviction or a locked door when Cody is voted out and we could have a do-over. Paul would have lost a week of safety, lost an ally, had his HoH declared null and void, and we could continue the Cody versus Paul story without a battle back and Jessica making more VICTIM NOISES.

Insofar as that would be the equivalent of dropping a hydrogen bomb on the game of Grodner's Pet Guinea Pig Paul, I more than halfway doubt it.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they brought Christmas back in just long enough to cast her vote, then medboarded her as soon as she was out of the HoH comp - which would probably be the moment it started.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Also, is Matt going to carry Raven into the DR to cast her vote tonight? 

Same. And I can't reiterate how much I like Christmas and like her better than most of the others, flaws and all. I just like her enough to want her to be able to compete at full strength and the longer she sticks around, the less I root for her to come back. I know, it's odd. I truly also want her to be able to heal properly and not have to worry about game stuff. 

Plus, Cody vs Paul will continue, although I assume they'd just "reset" the week, which means Cody can't play for HOH anyway and Paul could easily win again. 

I would legit laugh my ass off if Matt has to carry Raven in. I assume she'll be fine to dramatically limp into the DR to cast her vote. If I was her, I'd be hopping on one leg to the DR and make it humourous. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Insofar as that would be the equivalent of dropping a hydrogen bomb on the game of Grodner's Pet Guinea Pig Paul, I more than halfway doubt it.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they brought Christmas back in just long enough to cast her vote, then medboarded her as soon as she was out of the HoH comp - which would probably be the moment it started.

Yeah, I know that's the most likely outcome if it happened like that, but a girl can dream!

3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I would legit laugh my ass off if Matt has to carry Raven in. I assume she'll be fine to dramatically limp into the DR to cast her vote. If I was her, I'd be hopping on one leg to the DR and make it humourous. 

With the way she's been carrying on about it, she should be able to get two of them to carry her in on a pillow, Cleopatra style, and a third trailing behind with a bunch of grapes and a palm frond fan. Best DR entrance ever!

ETA:

It looks like Paul might be using the clippers on some of the guys hair. Remember when he did Paulie's? LOL forever.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It looks like Paul might be using the clippers on some of the guys hair. Remember when he did Paulie's? LOL forever.

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

paulie-big-brother-zoom-f45ed5be-d93b-41

Yeahhhh, Paul basically knows how to cut one hairstyle - his.  :D

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Michichick said:

My greatest wish for this season is that they never mention her disease on the show. I'd love to see her face when she watches the episodes and realizes her tragic tale never made it on-air.

Unfortunately, if she makes it much further in the game, and there are fewer contestants to fill up air time, I expect we'll see a home visit, complete with interviews with doctors, and her friends talking about what a brave little soldier she is.   On the one hand, I'd be happy if it led to awareness and donations to help with research for her fellow sufferers. 

I forgot.  No one suffers as much as she does.  I guess that's my other hand typing.  

• Love 4
Just now, wings707 said:

Puppies.  Looks like this is it until showtime.  I don't think Christmas is returning.  Now to see how they handle it.  

I'm ok with her not coming back, but part of me thinks that they want to wait until the live show to bring her back as a "suspense" trick. 

But yeah, could be that she's not coming back, which I will gladly deal with. I've barely been watching the feeds since Paul's win as HOH and I guarantee it'll continue with me only glancing at the feeds when something major is happening. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm ok with her not coming back, but part of me thinks that they want to wait until the live show to bring her back as a "suspense" trick. 

I'm "sitting at the edge of my seat" and "anxiously" "biting my nails" at all this "suspense".

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I can't tell if my feed froze or if the puppies are just sleeping.

I like puppies just as much as kittens, despite having "crazy cat lady" as a life goal on my dream board, but this is pretty dull. Can we have the kittens back? Please?

I call pretty much any dog I see "Puppers"! Sometimes, even my big, orange cat, Scout (in the picture he was only a few months old. He's five now...and 21 lbs.). The primary reason I never want to have more than two cats is because a) I'm middle-aged and b) terminally single. My theory is that I'd start getting into crazy cat lady territory if I had any more of them!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

I call pretty much any dog I see "Puppers"! Sometimes, even my big, orange cat, Scout (in the picture he was only a few months old. He's five now. The primary reason I never want to have more than my two cats is because a) I'm middle-aged and b) terminally single. My theory is that I'd start getting into crazy cat lady territory if I had more cats.

I took care of the "crazy cat lady" thing by accident: my cat doesn't like other (male) cats. He might be all right with female cats but personally, I think he likes all the attention and fawning over to be all about him.

Huh. Maybe I should rename Duke. Raven sounds like a good cat name...

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Why?  If you can work someone else to the point they're the one alienating all the Jury, more power to ya.  :)

Matt is apparently demonstrating more game smarts than I had originally given him credit for - and if he can contribute insight to his alliance, that's something. 

Something unique this season, actually. 

Most of these folks are demonstrating embarrassingly little game sense so far.

Even though I don't like him, I think Matt is in a good position, but it bugs me.  Getting others to do your dirty work without getting any blood on your hands is an accomplishment.  But Matt is not really masterminding anything in my opinion.  He has hitched himself to Raven and claims he doesn't care about winning.  He sucked so bad in the starfish competition that Alex told him last night that she thought he was trying to throw it to her for some reason.  I'm pretty sure that him sucking was not on purpose.  He seems to want Raven to win and thus far has indicated he's willing to put her game ahead of his own.  That irritates me.  I would never go on any type of competitive reality show unless my goal was to win the game.  The only thing that would make me respect him is if it turns out that he's just playing Raven and pulls off a move that gets her out of the house, regardless of whether it's overt or sneaky in nature.  Only time will tell what his true intentions are.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

From your keyboard to Grodner's ears....  Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

The puppies nap a lot. The visiting birds and squirrel are much more lively. And here comes the squirrel!

It's almost like being at your house and watching the Birdfeeder reality show!

• Love 1