Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Where Are They Now? Dottie and June LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Brandon hasn't had a chance to be social?? Was he in daycare so Dottie could take care of the other one (zoning on the name). It didn't seem that way. So, he had plenty of chances to be social with his freakin' mom. Yeah, not liking Dottie much.

• Love 3

Well I hope June can lose the ten pounds per month Dr. Now wants. Seems reasonable.

Oh no, Dottie's other son has speech problems. At least she realizes that her toddler needs more of her attention.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Brandon hasn't had a chance to be social?? Was he in daycare so Dottie could take care of the other one (zoning on the name). It didn't seem that way. So, he had plenty of chances to be social with his freakin' mom. Yeah, not liking Dottie much.

Well, it seemed like she mostly ignored him in favor of the handicapped son.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

Okay. Why. WHY! Is Dottie's husband wearing a MS State t-shirt when they live in Oxford (home of Ole Miss)? The nerve.

Sorry. Ole Miss grad here... the nerve. 

He is a T shirt fan!

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Anchorabu said:

Hey gang! Mom had 2 dr Appt's today and I just got her up from her nap.  I'm making her supper and she's just starting to watch! She wants her Pirates Booty popcorn puffs and a baked potato again. ?Good to see you all! Mom says hi and sends her love!❤️

Mom, seeing Dr. Now: "hey, there's my doctor!" *claps*

Hi Anchorabu and Momma A!  Good to see you all here!

• Love 1
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

I always think "Uh oh" when I hear someone like Dottie saying they have to skip their appointments with Dr. Now. Usually means they're messing up big time.

It's true, but it's hard to judge her for it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:
44 minutes ago, Anchorabu said:

Mom, seeing Dr. Now: "hey, there's my doctor!" *claps*

Hi Anchorabu and Momma A!  Good to see you all here!

Hi sweetie! Good to see u! ?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

Of course it's natural to be concerned, but a 2-year-old who isn't talking isn't that unusual.

When my daughter was a baby I couldn't wait until she could talk so I knew what she was thinking. Now she is 12 and sometimes I would rather not know! :)

• Love 9
Just now, CouchTater said:

Hey 600-lb peeps.

I just got home from work, so I'm over 5o minutes behind.  Is it worth starting from beginning?  Or can I just drop in now, with Dorrie weighing in at 509?

I'd maybe watch a bit of the beginning since Dottie has a major event. June you can probably skip over until they show her again.

• Love 2
(edited)

So tired of hearing them saying they are sticking to the plan and they don't understand why they didn't lose enough weight. It has gotten old.  I know she lost her son,  but she uses her kids as an excuse.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
Just now, Kid said:

So tired of hearing them saying they are sticking to the plan and they don't understand why they didn't lose enough weight. It is gotten old.  I know she lost her son but she uses her kids as an excuse.

My kids need me, my kids need me....then BEHAVE!!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Hey 600-lb peeps.

I just got home from work, so I'm over 5o minutes behind.  Is it worth starting from beginning?  Or can I just drop in now, with Dorrie weighing in at 509?

Dive right in! Both have lost weight, with June losing over 200 pounds.

Sad to say, Dottie's son with cerebral palsy died.

• Love 1
Just now, WhitneyWhit said:

I was surprised to see that she had lost 133 pounds, it honestly doesn't look like she lost an ounce, or maybe it's that flying saucer around her waist.

Until those butt flaps are gone, she's always going to look extra large.

• Love 3
(edited)

Wow those butt wings. Not to be morbid but I can see why it's almost a no win situation, once she loses a lot of weight all that extra skin and butt wing is going to be a mess.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 3

Please sent Dottie to therapy. These patients need it anyway, and there's nothing more traumatic than the death of a child. Oh, good . . . I always find the therapy visits the most interesting parts of this show.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I was surprised to see that she had lost 133 pounds, it honestly doesn't look like she lost an ounce, or maybe it's that flying saucer around her waist.

Whitney, you're first up on the naughty chair!! Flying saucer????????

*Lord forgive me.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Azubah said:

Lots of kids have speech delays without being autistic.

Yep.   My son has been in speech therapy for 7 years and not autistic (but he does have a scorching case of ADHD) and his delay is related to musculature.      The little one might not be talking because everyone else is talking for him, he just can't be bothered to, physical issue, it could be anything.

Also, YAY for Dottie getting therapy.  YAY YAY YAY.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Anchorabu said:

Mom regarding June: "If my calves were dragging on the ground, I think I'd skip the manicure with the 2" nails..."

Tell Momma A that she can ride shotgun when I'm driving the bus to hell :D :D :D  That was some quality snark there!

• Love 8

It's a shame it took her 5 months to get to therapy.  I'm sure when Daniel died, someone at hospital (? Social worker) had to recommend it.  It did a world of good for my niece last year when her best friend committed suicide. And she went a week after it happened.

• Love 2

Oh wow, Dottie's therapy session has got me all choked up. I really liked that therapist and hope Dottie keeps up with her therapy. I hope she can come to see Daniel as being free from all his pain and suffering, and is now an angel on her shoulder.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, 55Unicorns said:

Well, it seemed like she mostly ignored him in favor of the handicapped son.

That is why the other children in households with a disabled or very sick child often have problems of their own - the other child gets all of the attention. She knew she had a disabled child that took all of her time and attention. She should have thought of that before having Brandon. And yeah, stuff happens, but then you have to put on your big girl panties and try not to eff up the new kid because you've got your hands full with the first one.

• Love 7