Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Except Jimmy's house looks as if it were furnished by Saul Goodman

11 minutes ago, carrps said:

Yes, but that house was Saul's, not Gene's. I'm assuming @PeterPirate meant Gene.

I agree we won't see Jimmy re-remerge until the Gene Takavic era.  But I also don't think we are going to see the current Jimmy/Saul undergo some deep psychological change over the remaining episodes.  Kim won't be around anymore to keep him tethered to his old self, and his professional persona will simply grow and grow until there is no more space in his life to behave any other way.  

Frankly, I don't see a ton of difference between Slipping Jimmy and Saul Goodman, except that Saul is willing to suggest having a problem person sent to Belize.  But once one becomes El Amigo Del Cartel--the one that cuts off heads and appends them to tortoises--adapting to the requirements of the job is going to take place rather easily.  

As to the house, I expect Kim won't be around, and the only type of woman he will find to date is one who will find a house like that impressive.  High society women won't date The Criminal Lawyer no matter how much money he has.  For that matter, maybe Jimmy will find it not only expedient to own a sleazy house, but also in his professional interest to maintain appearances. 

• Love 1

I’m hoping that someone - either Jimmy or Kim - will wind up living in Belize; not the euphemism for death Belize, but the actual tropical paradise.

He might turn himself in and enjoy running scams in prison and filing lawsuits for other inmates. Maybe he could turn State’s witness and avoid prison, but I don’t think there’s anyone left for him to testify against. I could see Jimmy becoming a celebrity, advising people how to spot cons and having his own podcast. He seems born for some seedy spotlight. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dessert said:

He might turn himself in and enjoy running scams in prison and filing lawsuits for other inmates. Maybe he could turn State’s witness and avoid prison, but I don’t think there’s anyone left for him to testify against.

I can think of 6 people from Breaking Bad

1.Skyler : But by the time he's Gene, she may already have her own deal due to the information Walt gave her.

2. Francesca Liddy / 3. Huell Babineaux / 4. Patrick Kuby : But I would think you would use the smaller fry against the larger fry, not the other way around.

5. Jesse : If you can find him.

6. Ed Galbraith (the Disappearer) : Robert Forster, the actor who played him, passed away. But if the Disappearer is still alive in Season 6, that would be a pretty good chip to play because the feds could use it to find other criminals. But it also depends on how much the feds could prove in court against the Disappearer without Saul's testimony.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Ed Galbraith (the Disappearer) : Robert Forster, the actor who played him, passed away. But if the Disappearer is still alive in Season 6, that would be a pretty good chip to play because the feds could use it to find other criminals. But it also depends on how much the feds could prove in court against the Disappearer without Saul's testimony.

Everyone except Jesse seems like small fry compared with Saul. I don’t think the writers will go against Jesse. They’ve let him start over. Saul probably had other criminal clients that weren’t mentioned in Breaking Bad.

i could see a spin off series about the Disappearer. Of course, they would have to use a different, maybe younger, actor. They could show how he got started and then do some kind of anthology series about different people who need his services. 

7 minutes ago, Dessert said:

Everyone except Jesse seems like small fry compared with Saul. I don’t think the writers will go against Jesse. They’ve let him start over. Saul probably had other criminal clients that weren’t mentioned in Breaking Bad.

i could see a spin off series about the Disappearer. Of course, they would have to use a different, maybe younger, actor. They could show how he got started and then do some kind of anthology series about different people who need his services. 

So a show about how a series of criminals escaped justice? 

10 minutes ago, scenario said:

So a show about how a series of criminals escaped justice? 

Yes. Maybe they’re not all criminals. Some might be people who need to escape from criminals. Could be fascinating stories.

• Love 1

He gave us his plans. Wants to help puppies and bunnies and kittens, etc.

He has contempt for the cartel.

Maybe somebody, Mike, Gus, who knows, thinks he knows things that can put them in hot water.

Or did Saul just buy the LITTLE BLACK BOOK from him?

• Love 1

Sorry gang,

This should have maybe been under an episode thread.

And apparently I'm not a genius or clairvoyant as others have had Dr. Caldera booked for an early Belize trip for a good while.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:55 PM, PeterPirate said:

High society women won't date The Criminal Lawyer no matter how much money he has.  For that matter, maybe Jimmy will find it not only expedient to own a sleazy house, but also in his professional interest to maintain appearances. 

That's not true at all...LOL

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, SimplexFish said:

High society women won't date The Criminal Lawyer no matter how much money he has.  

That's not true at all...LOL

Hmmm, yes.  I should let the women speak for themselves.  

How about it, ladies?  Would you date Saul Goodman?  

(edited)
6 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

No…never.

I am a lawyer and he is the exact type of person that has helped destroy the integrity of the profession.

I also would never date a con man.

I would have dated Jimmy if he had stayed with his Elder Law practice and gave up conning people for good.

I guess I will never have a gold toilet.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, PeterPirate said:

Lol NO, not even if you paid me.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

No…never.

I am a lawyer and he is the exact type of person that has helped destroy the integrity of the profession.

I also would never date a conman.

I would have dated Jimmy if he had stayed with his Elder Law practice and gave up conning people for good.

I guess I will never have a gold toilet.

Yes to all of this. 

And ladies, definitely think twice before dating someone who shat in someone's sunroof.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Somehow, I don't think that Saul would want another wife. He had three of them and we know the first two ended up badly. It's likely that his third relationship won't end well. 

I can see him ending up still in love with Kim but not trusting her at all. He doesn't want to get burned again so all of his relationships are short term with women who are just looking for a sugar daddy for a few months. Once he gets bored of them or worse, catches feelings, he dumps them. 

He doesn't want another relationship with any woman who reminds him of Kim. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, scenario said:

Somehow, I don't think that Saul would want another wife. He had three of them and we know the first two ended up badly. It's likely that his third relationship won't end well. 

I can see him ending up still in love with Kim but not trusting her at all. He doesn't want to get burned again so all of his relationships are short term with women who are just looking for a sugar daddy for a few months. Once he gets bored of them or worse, catches feelings, he dumps them. 

He doesn't want another relationship with any woman who reminds him of Kim. 

I sense personal issues here, lol.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I sense personal issues here, lol.

You're probably right.

But I still can't see Saul being the touchy feely type. He'd drive most women away by his behavior. I get the feeling that the women he'd attract would be attracted to his money and to him as a "bad boy". Not exactly the recipe for a stable long term relationship. 

• Love 2

Tomorrow's episode is titled Plan & Execution

There are a lot of plans flying around: Kim & Jimmy's; whatever Howard is planning, unless he's still gathering information; Gus's plans for Lalo and Lalo's plans for Gus.

One strength of Gus's plan, whatever itvis, is that Lalo's officially dead. So no one except Hector will wonder why the living Lalo disappeared.

And are the plans executed as in put into effect, or are they executed as in killed?

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

To be fair...if we are going to get the ladies speak for themselves on your comment, which was "High society women won't date The Criminal Lawyer" lets ask them to respond to that comment not, would they date Saul Goodman. 

Edited by SimplexFish
3 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

To be fair...if we are going to get the ladies speak for themselves on your comment, which was "High society women won't date The Criminal Lawyer" lets ask them to respond to that comment not, would they date Saul Goodman. 

What, the women who post here are a bunch of skank-ass skanks?

• LOL 3
(edited)

Someone created a new thread asking if the veterinarian will die instead of asking here.

I don't know, but it made me look something up.

Joe DeRosa, the actor who plays the veterinarian, was born in 1977. Ed Begley, Jr. was born in 1949.

I'm not saying the veterinarian is Cliff Main's son, but...

Edited by Constantinople
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

One thing about this plan seems off a bit. Kim and Jimmy wanted to be sure that the drug wouldn’t show up on a blood test, implying that they anticipate one might be done. Yet if Howard does undergo a blood test, he’ll come up clean for any other drugs.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Yes to all of this. 

And ladies, definitely think twice before dating someone who shat in someone's sunroof.

It was even worse.

He accidentally shat on some children through a sunroof.

Can you imagine having to deal with that?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

One thing about this plan seems off a bit. Kim and Jimmy wanted to be sure that the drug wouldn’t show up on a blood test, implying that they anticipate one might be done. Yet if Howard does undergo a blood test, he’ll come up clean for any other drugs.

Very good point

• Love 1
14 hours ago, SimplexFish said:

Very good point

It'll be interesting to see if the writers exolore that. Drugging someone is an incredibly reckless act, even for two people with a jones for recklessness like Kim and Saul. Doing it to to someone who has a lot more power ( as opposed to a hugely powerful man like Cosby drugging relatively powerless women) is taking the risk to a whole new level. I hope the writers deal with that.

• Love 4

Ugh. Just thought of this scenario: Howard reacts badly to being drugged, maybe even dies. Kim and Saul are not caught, Howard"s death is just attributed to a heart attack of a middle aged man. Kim, consumed with guilt, kills herself at some point, before the story ends. Jimmy fully becomes Saul.

I don't think even these writers are willing to go that dark.

• Love 2
Just now, SimplexFish said:

Do y'all think we will even find out tonight or will be be left with a gut wrenching cliffhanger for 6 weeks? 

I could see a Howard taken to the hospital by ambulance scene, as this episode ends.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bannon said:

Ugh. Just thought of this scenario: Howard reacts badly to being drugged, maybe even dies. Kim and Saul are not caught, Howard"s death is just attributed to a heart attack of a middle aged man. Kim, consumed with guilt, kills herself at some point, before the story ends. Jimmy fully becomes Saul.

I don't think even these writers are willing to go that dark.

I think Kim would be more likely to go into an I don't give a damn mood. Not suicide but acting reckless and getting herself killed or jailed. 

57 minutes ago, scenario said:

I think Kim would be more likely to go into an I don't give a damn mood. Not suicide but acting reckless and getting herself killed or jailed. 

Yeah, that's probably right. Still really dark, of course.

• Love 1
(edited)

I still think Howard is a dead duck.  I'm guessing he falls to his death in the HHM stairwell.  

The vet said the drug could not be detected by any blood panel "in this town", but Cliff and/or Cheryl arranges for a more sophisticated testing regimen.  The drug is traced to the vet and he engages the services of The Disappearer.   

Saul and Kim are linked to the vet, possibly by the PI.  Cliff publicizes Saul and Kim's scheme to bring down Howard--in part using information from Kevin Wachtel and the Kettlemans.  Everyone "knows" they were responsible for Howard's death but no charges are brought since the vet has vanished.  Kim's reputation is destroyed and she leaves town.  Saul's reputation as The Criminal Lawyer is more firmly established than before.  

Edited by PeterPirate
2 hours ago, Bannon said:

Yeah, that's probably right. Still really dark, of course.

I kind of expect dark when the story is a pretty pleasant con artist turns into a hard core criminal who can casually talk about killing people. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scenario said:

I kind of expect dark when the story is a pretty pleasant con artist turns into a hard core criminal who can casually talk about killing people. 

Good point!

8 hours ago, SimplexFish said:

Do y'all think we will even find out tonight or will be be left with a gut wrenching cliffhanger for 6 weeks? 

You don't have to worry about a 6 week gut wrenching cliffhanger.

Episode 8 airs on July 11th. 7 weeks from now.

• Love 2

I just rewatched the scene from Season 5 Episode 9 with Lalo, Kim, and Jimmy to see if I could discern something. The one thing that stuck out to me was Kim reminding Lalo that he sent Jimmy for Lalo's bail money because he didn't have anybody else he could trust to do it. Lalo hasn't forgotten that - but I believe the twist is that he'll remember that Kim is the smart one and he'll get her to deliver the video.

• Love 1

To me, one of the worst--meaning hardest to watch--scenes in Breaking Bad was at the beginning of the episode "Buyout," in which Walt, Mike, and Todd deal with Drew Sharp's body and his bike.  I suspect the next episode will be similarly awful: sure, it's not an innocent child, but certainly an undeserving victim who, unlike Drew, has been suffering for a while.

• Love 4

That's a good point.  BB/BCS doesn't handwave away stuff like Jimmy and Kim now having to deal with a dead body and a ton of blood all over their apartment, and Lalo obviously doesn't care.  Unfortunately, it occurs to me that Howard vanishing might be pretty easy to explain, as it could be guessed that Howard fully snapped and committed suicide after the incident at HHM. 

Cliff is the wild card in this, since as much as he didn't believe the Jimmy conspiracy theory, he might have some lingering suspicion.  Especially when he hears that Kim blew off her meeting with the governor.

• Love 2

Looking back I see both Kim and Jimmy lived in a world where bad behavior was rewarded growing up and they ended up with a kind of split personality.

Jimmy's father was a poor businessman. He was very good hearted to the point where everyone could take advantage of him. I don't think that Jimmy's minor theft was what caused his business to fail its that theft was rampant and he gave away a lot of his merchandise to anyone who had a good sob story. His brother was the straight laced one who played by the rules and worked hard. But Jimmy was always their parents favorite. They laughed when he did immoral stuff. 

He learned to like scamming people. It was a game to him. He enjoyed it and it was fun. His parent's didn't know about the worst of his behavior but they approved of him. Eventually, he got caught and his brother bailed him out and he decided to change his behavior. He worked hard for years to get a law degree. Yes he did it by mail order but he did pass the bar exam which is not easy. He pushed slipping Jimmy down no matter how he behaved or what he did. There was nothing Jimmy could have done to get Chuck to respect him. But Chuck hated him for becoming a lawyer. No good deed goes unpunished. So you have two Jimmy's, slipping Jimmy who is enjoying himself and James who is the honest lawyer. But everyone he cares about punishes him for daring to try to be honest James.

Kim was a straight laced, straight A student who refused to drive with her mom when she was drunk. Her mom was a criminal. Kim rejected her moms views at first but her mom only liked her when she was a criminal too. She tried out being a criminal and loved it. (Reading between the lines,) But something made her change and went she  back to her straight laced ways.

When she became a lawyer, she still had criminal Kim buried inside her. She still liked the con. But she suppressed it. She and Jimmy were kindred spirits. Two people who loved the con but were doing their best to go straight. 

But then Kim kept getting punished no matter how hard she tried to do it right. 

So you've got two people who have criminal inclinations but are trying to go straight but the people around them are punishing them for it. They get closer and closer to each other and it becomes us against the world. 

Kim didn't suddenly change. It was always there but she was doing her best to suppress the urge in the early seasons but as she and Jimmy were put down every single time they tried to do the good thing, they finally decided it just wasn't worth it any more. Let's have fun. 

• Love 2

I think many of the people here are a product of their environments. The Salamanca's were all brought up in an environment where family was everything.  There are a lot of people out there who don't care about anyone other then their friends and family but the Salamanca's are 100 times worse. They believe that people who aren't family aren't even really human beings and it is moral to kill them if they become inconvenient. 

Jimmy and Kim were both raised in a mixed environment. They were taught right from wrong but right behavior was frequently punished and wrong behavior rewarded. When the became adults they made an attempt to do the right thing but punishing good behavior and rewarding bad behavior continued. It took a few years but once they met each other they decided that if good behavior is just going to get us punished, why bother to be good?

That's part of why I still like the two of them even though I firmly believe they both deserve to go to jail for a long, long time. Everyone important to them was gently pushing them along the path they took for their whole lives. They had a chance to be good. They decided not to take it because being good was fighting against the tide. Why shouldn't they do the fun thing that society tells you is wrong when you have been consistently punished for doing the right thing your whole life. 

The Salamanca's values are so toxic that I have no sympathy for them at all. There is no chance at all that they can reform. 

(edited)

I have to be honest, I'm sort of hoping that Kim and Saul are still somehow together at the end (implausible as that would be).. but they've been so fundamentally changed, traumatized, and twisted all the events and shitty choices they've made that they can't stand to be in the same room together. If Kim dies, there's too much of a chance that Saul will be carrying the torch for her. That's lame and trite, and Vince Gilligan is better than that.

I want Saul and Kim to be like two rabid animals locked in the same pet carrier. They made a bunch of people miserable, they deserve to make each other miserable.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 3

I wonder if Kim ends up going crazy.  Saul's quotation about the wicked haunts her internally.  She becomes increasingly overbearing towards her clients.  Eventually her psyche collapses like Chuck's did.  Saul has her committed to a private mental health facility run by Sandpiper.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I have to be honest, I'm sort of hoping that Kim and Saul are still somehow together at the end (implausible as that would be).. but they've been so fundamentally changed, traumatized, and twisted all the events and shitty choices they've made that they can't stand to be in the same room together. If Kim dies, there's too much of a chance that Saul will be carrying the torch for her. That's lame and trite, and Vince Gilligan is better than that.

I want Saul and Kim to be like two rabid animals locked in the same pet carrier. They made a bunch of people miserable, they deserve to make each other miserable.

It would be kind of fun to see a BB-verse scene of the DEA question Kim, revealing that she’s been completely made over as a sort of mob wife: the kind of tacky alcoholic woman who is married to a sleazy lawyer living in a house with a golden toilet. And who is probably cheating on her (i.e. the thong in the tub).

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

It would be kind of fun to see a BB-verse scene of the DEA question Kim, revealing that she’s been completely made over as a sort of mob wife: the kind of tacky alcoholic woman who is married to a sleazy lawyer living in a house with a golden toilet. And who is probably cheating on her (i.e. the thong in the tub).

Topped me again, Spartan Girl!

Even if Saul and Kim aren't together as a couple (because, again, I acknowledge that's implausible), maybe they're still in each others' lives... and desperately wish they weren't. I know it's petty, but I can't remember the last time I wanted a fictional romance to go sour more. 

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

The Spooge & Skank scenario?

• LOL 2

If Kim is alive but in jail during the Breaking Bad timeline, I don't see how she was never mentioned once during Breaking Bad. We've already seen how information passes through the legal / criminal world: everyone at the courthouse shunning Jimmy, all his new clients who want the same lawyer as Lalo Salamanca, Jesse telling Walt they need to hire a criminal lawyer. Yet no one ever said, "If Soul's such a great lawyer, why is his wife in prison?".

Maybe things play out so that it makes sense for her to falsely plead guilty to Howard's murder? I don't know.

9 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

If Kim is alive but in jail during the Breaking Bad timeline, I don't see how she was never mentioned once during Breaking Bad. We've already seen how information passes through the legal / criminal world: everyone at the courthouse shunning Jimmy, all his new clients who want the same lawyer as Lalo Salamanca, Jesse telling Walt they need to hire a criminal lawyer. Yet no one ever said, "If Soul's such a great lawyer, why is his wife in prison?".

Maybe things play out so that it makes sense for her to falsely plead guilty to Howard's murder? I don't know.

Maybe she wasn’t mentioned simply because they hadn’t even yet conceived of her character all those years ago. For me, it doesn’t need to be any more complicated than that.

• Love 2