Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, patty1h said:

The New York Post had this article on their website today.  It's more behind the scenes stories about Kevin assaulting Wendy, berating her on her weight, "insiders" saying that Wendy has been acting weird backstage for ages etc.  It also goes into her drug history and speculates what the reasons are for her current absence from the show.

That was hard to read. Kevin is a coward and a little man. He abuses and cheats on his meal ticket. 

• Love 10

I also didn't expect to like Sherri Shepherd, mainly because of what I'd read about her fighting with ex-husbands about child support, etc. and how she didn't realize that the earth was not flat.  I thought I could not even listen to or respect a woman with that going on in her life.  I never followed her career to know anything other than little blurbs here and there so I had no idea what she was about.  However, I tuned in today and she was very funny and engaging.   I laughed quite a few times.  Oh, and she had to remind us all "that Wendy IS coming back".  Alright already.

Things took a cringe turn when some fashion critics came on to discuss the Grammy's and Bevy Smith described Cardi B's outfit as "Venus rising from the sea", but pronounced Venus as Venice.   Yikes - had to SMH at that.

• Love 2

Yeah, they have to keep aggressively reminding us that Wendy IS coming back cuz they know damn well that we, the staff, and the studio audience have all been enjoying some of these fill-ins more. 

I thought Sherri was fun and a pro. I'm surprised they picked her cuz Wendy has really slagged on her a lot about her husband (pot/kettle) and the embryo or whatever that shit was.

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, patty1h said:

However, I tuned in today and she was very funny and engaging.   I laughed quite a few times.  Oh, and she had to remind us all "that Wendy IS coming back".  Alrig

Yeah...THAT is getting annoying AF! But Norman appeared to be genuinely happy and seemed more relaxed. I know it was his B- day. what a great present for him....NO WENDY! 😁

• Love 9

Sherri was fantastic today.  I am also surprised they'd get Sherri to host since she's hosted at least 2 talk shows and is a stand up comedian.  I'd think Wendy would be threatened by that in another female host.    

Edited by A.J.
forgot to add info
  • Love 12

They must be reading this forum. We all thought that they got rid of Norman and now he is seen and he interacts more.

Sherry was wonderful. She excels in this type of environment, it is when she attempts to discuss certain topics that she flounders. 

I don't think that Wendy is coming back.  I could be wrong, but, this is all so strange. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I enjoyed Sherry.  She was fun and cheerful.  I enjoyed the fashion breakdown of the Grammys but I'm getting annoyed easily by Bevy.  She just grates on my nerves.  And how did no one mention the sleeves on Janae Monet's dress?  Terrible, heavy sleeves.  Without the sleeves I can appreciate her dress as edgier fashion.

I honestly have no idea what to think about Wendy now.  Is she coming back?  Can she even come back from all this?  I think the only way she can is to be completely honest when, and if, she shows up again.  Without the total "T" I will not be able to take her seriously...then again, I watch to snark more than anything now days.  I wonder if Kevin is crapping himself now that the cash cow is on the fence?  I mean, he's got no job without the show, and worse yet, no power. 😒 Probably not.  He's probably been socking away cash for years now and he'll always have power over Wendy, unless she woman's up and leaves him.

• Love 5

I’m a huge Wendy fan, have been since her radio days. But I have to say unless she has some sort of iron clad no-release clause in her contract her time is up!

Watched Sheri Shepherd the last two days and have to say she is relaxed and very funny(who knew?). 

Sadly, I can’t imagine Wendy coming back from this mess and having the ability to do a great talk show.  I refuse to watch Wendy’s continued deterioration on TV.

• Love 3

I've read that FOX is getting fed up with her and all of this drama. Her show airs on a lot of the FOX owned and operated local channels so I guess they are threatening to drop her show in favor of someone else. RadarOnline was hinting at Steve Harvey since he's angry at NBC for replacing his show on a lot of their owned and operated local channels in favor of Kelly Clarkson's upcoming talk show that's supposed to start next season.

In the past couple of days RO has also reported that her staff doesn't want her to return as the host of her show. Wouldn't that mean they'd eventually be out of work at the end of the season or before that though?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I've read that FOX is getting fed up with her and all of this drama. Her show airs on a lot of the FOX owned and operated local channels so I guess they are threatening to drop her show in favor of someone else. RadarOnline was hinting at Steve Harvey since he's angry at NBC for replacing his show on a lot of their owned and operated local channels in favor of Kelly Clarkson's upcoming talk show that's supposed to start next season.

In the past couple of days RO has also reported that her staff doesn't want her to return as the host of her show. Wouldn't that mean they'd eventually be out of work at the end of the season or before that though?

I wonder how that would change things for me. I get WW on Fox and then SH immediately following. 

I’ve been on vacation and came back to seeing Sherri Shepherd doing her guest hosting. I must say. She was high energy, funny, quick witted and (dare I say it?) would make a good new host for the show. She even seems to get along well with Norman. Much better than seeing the Wendy Williams train wreck. 

• Love 10

NO, I don't want to watch Steve Harvey! They could really easily just shift this to being The Sherri Sheppard Show. I like Nick, too. Wendy must be in pretty bad shape if she is not high-tailing it back to the studio after seeing how good the fill-ins are being received. 

Sherri did say she was lhouse hunting in New York.... hmmmmmm. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Sherri did say she was lhouse hunting in New York.... hmmmmmm. 

Excellent point!! 

I know it isn’t, but in my fantasy mindset...I was considering that house and it’s sex dungeon. Wouldn’t it be a funny thing if it was Big Kevin selling that place and Sherri was throwing shade his way? Now I know it isn’t, but I got a laugh thinking about it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I am really liking Sherry Shepard. She's witty, upbeat, respectful to the audience members. And for the first time in almost 2 years, I watched the entire show.

Totally agree! And with Sherry hosting, I even watch the questions! Right to very end. Brava Sherry!

• Love 8

At this point it feels downright disrespectful to all of the people who have supported her through the years for her to not come out and make a personal statement of some kind. It doesn’t even have to be tea, just SOMETHING.  I was giving her a pass when it seemed like she was seriously ill, but now that she’s been spotted out and about she’s clearly healthy enough to get on social media and make a statement every now and then.  How about “thanks for the well wishes”, or “thanks to the revolving door of hosts who have kept food on the table for my staff” or “thanks to the staff for doing such a great job keeping things going”.  I am confused by her complete silence and it comes off as a total lack of appreciation toward the people she will need and expect to be there if she ever does come back.  Although as we rapidly approach the 2 month mark, a return seems less and less likely, which is maybe why she’s not even bothering with the bare minimum of pretending to care anymore.   

• Love 12

So what is going on for next week? Guest hosts announced only through this Friday, 2/15. Nothing on google or the WW website. 

I haven't really been following the guest host shows, but did see Sherri do Hot Topics, and she was pretty good. I can only take her in small doses though.

Tomorrow and Friday, my man JERRY! Will definitely watch him. 

• Love 2

Sherri is funny, but her schtick gets old reeeaaall fast.  Her topics are one of the following: Wigs/Jeffrey/Jesus/Ex-Husbands/Being Horny

Also, I will never look at her the same with regard to how she abandoned that baby that she and Sal got a surrogate for.  I'm glad she's being forced to pay child support for him.

I LOL'ed at how she pretended to be modest when that woman pointed out that her bra was sticking out.  That was totally on purpose because it was hanging out the entire remainder of the show!

After listening to Nick and Sherri I do appreciate that Wendy speaks properly. 

I also think that Wendy could/should record a little something and have her team post it.  Unless she's locked up in rehab then I would think that any savvy celeb would utilize social media to keep their fans happy because in this day and age people have short attention spans and a "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, abc123 said:

I also think that Wendy could/should record a little something and have her team post it.  Unless she's locked up in rehab then I would think that any savvy celeb would utilize social media to keep their fans happy because in this day and age people have short attention spans and a "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

Bingo. 

What they are afraid of could happen. Everyone might like a guest host better and not want Wendy back. Although she’d make an interesting HT herself, her silence is beginning to alienate her audience and fans. 

We all know she can dish it, but is unwilling to take it when it comes to her. 

Looking forward to tomorrow’s show with Jerry and his wife Rebecca. 

• Love 7

Hey, guys, I can't find this show on the forums anymore! Where is it listed? The only reason I'm here now is because someone reacted to one of my older posts and I was able to get to it that way. 

Anyway, too much time has lapsed, I don't think Wendy will be able to recoup from the months of being gone. She can't just pick up where she left off, it won't work. Her credibility is shot. I'm not sure she's really interested in coming back, either. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

I found mine under “other non-fiction shows” look down to the W’s and you should see it. When you are on this site next there’s a blue button at the top of the page next to the reply button. If you click on it you get options of adding the show to your homepage. I hope this helps. 

@bichonblitz

• Love 2
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Jerry just thanked "Mr. Hunter" for this opportunity. 

I almost thought I had a temporary loss of hearing when Jerry thanked Mr. Hunter for "allowing" him to host the show!! Lol!And Jerry referred to the audience members as "Wendy's co-hosts". Unlike Sherri S who called the audience "MY co-hosts"! Sherri's got bigger balls than Jerry! 😁

This WW mess is getting very convoluted and twisted. 

P.S. Ive never liked Jerry OConnel guest hosting anything. He's too goofy. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I found mine under “other non-fiction shows” look down to the W’s and you should see it. When you are on this site next there’s a blue button at the top of the page next to the reply button. If you click on it you get options of adding the show to your homepage. I hope this helps. 

Thank you, @Mindthinkr! Found it. I keep adding it to my homepage and it keeps disappearing. Weird

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Thank you, @Mindthinkr! Found it. I keep adding it to my homepage and it keeps disappearing. Weird

Oh that happens to me too. Plus I keep getting notifications for shows that I’ve never seen. Must be all those bugs etc that they removed and new bugs that have moved in. lol

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The show hasn’t come on here yet. Did he thank Wendy as well? 

Yes he thanked Wendy too.

Wendy Williams Is ‘100 Percent Not Involved’ in Show Changes

It may be The Wendy Williams Show, but the host is no longer included in the planning while she’s on an indefinite hiatus. “At first they were keeping her and [husband] Kevin Hunter in the loop, getting their approval on replacement hosts and guests,” an insider close to the show tells Us Weekly. However, they’re no longer including Wendy Williams on planning emails.

“She is 100 percent not involved,” the source continues. “Every decision is now being made with zero conversations with Wendy.”

Last month, Williams, 54, delayed the return to her show for the third time, due to health complications. “As Wendy Williams Hunter previously shared, she fractured her shoulder and has been on the mend. Over the past few days, Wendy has experienced complications regarding her Graves’ Disease that will require treatment,” her family revealed in a press release on January 18. “Wendy will be under the strict supervision of her physicians, and as part of her care, there will be significant time spent in the hospital. Despite her strong desire to return, she is taking a necessary, extended break from her show to focus on her personal and physical well-being.”

After pushing back her show again, a source close to the star also revealed to Us that she’s been considering relocating from New Jersey into Manhattan “for her health and life to improve.”

• Love 4

I have to imagine WW has some kind of clause in her contract where if she is unable to perform for a certain period of time, it voids the contract or at least allows them authority to replace her as they see fit.

Jerry would be too much for me on a daily basis, so I hope they don't consider him for a permanent replacement. He's like one of those party guests who try to take over the whole room with loud jokes and impressions and shit, but they are not as funny as they think they are.

So far, I prefer Sherri, Nick, and that comedian Finess. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

My Homepage disappeared 2 months before the new work began on re-formatting and I still can't get a homepage set up. So no, it's not "weird", it "just is"........as the Buddhists (?)say 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

lol, I love Jerry, he cracks me up but I have to admit it might be a bit much on a daily basis, he would definitely need to tone it down. But I think Sherri is a little too extra as well. For an extended period anyway. 

I would love to know what Wendy's contract says about any long-term absences. I don't see how anything other than medical reasons would be acceptable, and IIRC she is signed through 2022. I agree with other comments that it's very strange she is not issuing any updates for her fans/audience. Even something vague would be better than silence.  

Whatever one might think of Wendy, from what I recall she had a strong work ethic and very rarely missed a show. During her last medical leave, she acted like she wanted to come back despite her doctors orders. I'm starting to wonder if she wants them to cancel her contract. Or it's some kind of power play with Kevin. Who the hell knows. 

• Love 3

I haven’t watched too much of Jerry O’Connel as he’s a little too much, but today (Friday, 2/15, he hit it out of the park.  I am officially a fan.  The segment where he did the “Reality” women like Theresa Giudice and Lindsey Lohan had me hysterical laughing.  OMG, Cardi B with the head gear on was too funny.  Jerry was fantastic.  P.s.  loved Sheri Shepherd also.  These comedians bring so much more to the show than just Hot Topics.  They are so talented.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I'm watching the Friday show with Jerry and they just promoted that next week is another bout of Hot Talk with an assortment of different guest hosts.  

All they need is Sheri and Jerry every day and it will be a slam dunk.  They are soo funny.

• Love 3

The news that another week of guests hosts is pending made me think some more about the Wendy situation - is it a good idea for her to come back?  She's had 2-3 major public setbacks in the last 2 years - the fainting incident and now taking time off twice for health reasons.  She seemed better for a while, but then everything went into the toilet.  We've watched her slur, stumble, sit, mumble and forget words.  Then she comes to the show in a sling with a mystery fracture.  Now she's out for 6+ weeks, with no end in sight. 

I figure that the Graves disease will always be a ticking time bomb and it could lay Wendy out again any moment.  It would be a mess for her to come back to the show and a day/week/month later, the Graves disease affects her in a different way and she has to step away again.  The producers may not want to have a host who has such a potentially erratic schedule  - it may be more prudent to let her go.   After all this mess, I'd be really surprised if she comes back.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, patty1h said:

The news that another week of guests hosts is pending made me think some more about the Wendy situation - is it a good idea for her to come back?  She's had 2-3 major public setbacks in the last 2 years - the fainting incident and now taking time off twice for health reasons.  She seemed better for a while, but then everything went into the toilet.  We've watched her slur, stumble, sit, mumble and forget words.  Then she comes to the show in a sling with a mystery fracture.  Now she's out for 6+ weeks, with no end in sight. 

I figure that the Graves disease will always be a ticking time bomb and it could lay Wendy out again any moment.  It would be a mess for her to come back to the show and a day/week/month later, the Graves disease affects her in a different way and she has to step away again.  The producers may not want to have a host who has such a potentially erratic schedule  - it may be more prudent to let her go.   After all this mess, I'd be really surprised if she comes back.

I know people with Graves’ disease and they don’t have that much trouble.  I like Wendy, but nobody wants to go on her show anymore as she blasts them.  She can report topics without all the slamming.  These comedians that have been on bring a better and more enjoyable show as they are talented.  I don’t care for how Wendy drinks her tea like she’s in your kitchen.  Drink during commercials. Plus, she’s burping a lot.  Maybe it’s time to call it a day and relax.  

• Love 10
On 2/14/2019 at 7:48 PM, CynicalGirl said:

lol, I love Jerry, he cracks me up but I have to admit it might be a bit much on a daily basis, he would definitely need to tone it down. But I think Sherri is a little too extra as well. For an extended period anyway. 

I would love to know what Wendy's contract says about any long-term absences. I don't see how anything other than medical reasons would be acceptable, and IIRC she is signed through 2022. I agree with other comments that it's very strange she is not issuing any updates for her fans/audience. Even something vague would be better than silence.  

Whatever one might think of Wendy, from what I recall she had a strong work ethic and very rarely missed a show. During her last medical leave, she acted like she wanted to come back despite her doctors orders. I'm starting to wonder if she wants them to cancel her contract. Or it's some kind of power play with Kevin. Who the hell knows. 

I would absolutely love if Sheri or Jerry would take over ONLY if they both calm down and not be so hyper.  They are too loud.  I’m surprised Rebecca, Jerry’s wife doesn’t tell him to zip it.

• Love 2
On 2/14/2019 at 1:09 PM, chenoa333 said:

I almost thought I had a temporary loss of hearing when Jerry thanked Mr. Hunter for "allowing" him to host the show!! Lol!And Jerry referred to the audience members as "Wendy's co-hosts". Unlike Sherri S who called the audience "MY co-hosts"! Sherri's got bigger balls than Jerry! 😁

This WW mess is getting very convoluted and twisted. 

P.S. Ive never liked Jerry OConnel guest hosting anything. He's too goofy. 

What a kiss ass .. he thanked Mr. Hunter.  WTF ?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I would absolutely love if Sheri or Jerry would take over ONLY if they both calm down and not be so hyper.  They are too loud.  I’m surprised Rebecca, Jerry’s wife doesn’t tell him to zip it.

I was thinking that they must have an agreement.  His public persona can be all crazy and loud but when he's at home, and not on Instagram, he's more mature and fatherly.  Because, I couldn't handle having twin girls and a 40 something year old pre-teen too. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 2/9/2019 at 3:25 PM, rcc said:

That was hard to read. Kevin is a coward and a little man. He abuses and cheats on his meal ticket. 

Wow.  I can’t believe Wendy is controlled.  What does he have on her?  And what about Wendy’s Father? Maybe they took her away to Florida.  She was spotted in CVS in Ft. Lauderdale looking a mess, I read somewhere.

• Love 1

Hopefully Jerry & Rebecca do have that agreement because yes, he seems like A LOT.  

I saw those pics of Wendy coming out of CVS.  And yeah, a mess is right.  Her wig was in baaad shape. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Hopefully Jerry & Rebecca do have that agreement because yes, he seems like A LOT.  

I saw those pics of Wendy coming out of CVS.  And yeah, a mess is right.  Her wig was in baaad shape. 

You would think she would give her devoted staff a heads up, especially Suzanne.  Who does she think she is?  Common courtesy, you would think.  I’m surprised the station is letting her get away with this shit.  And what about her fans?  What’s the big secret?  Not right.

• Love 3
On 2/9/2019 at 3:25 PM, rcc said:

Thanks for the info about Wendy in today’s N.Y. post. A lot of very interesting information.  Wow!

19 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I saw those pictures on the N.Y. Post.  She didn’t have a cast on, was carrying packages and her boobs looked smaller in the t-shirt.  Maybe she had a reduction besides everything else?

On 2/11/2019 at 1:18 PM, chenoa333 said:

I not a big fan of Sherri Shepard but I thought she did a great job today! I know WW staff isn't looking forward to Wendy's return and neither am I.

When you think about it, all Wendy does is give her opinion of the gossip, have a guest now and then, and give HER opinion on peoples problems in the audience.  Sometimes selling products and tasting food.  That’s it.  The others that do the shows are comedians and are entertaining.  Plus, I don’t even know half of her guests that come on the show lately.

• Love 6

O.k. This is my last post, I promise, haha.  I’m wondering if Wendy’s husband is still on the show since she’s been out, or if he’s not there?  I know he’s an executive producer, so ....

• Love 1