Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Where Are They Now? Teretha & Chad LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Poor Darius - he didn't last through two Lisa Joyner commercials.  He knew it was hopeless.

I suspect that he's her favorite.

Just now, Suzy123 said:

I feel like most of the couples that are on this show seem so unhappy even after the weight is lost.

I remember one of the patients after the surgery was depressed and said she felt like she lost her best friend because she couldn't eat like she used to. I think some of these people eating was their hobby and joy and they don't know what to do with their life without it. Also for some of these couples it made the enabler feel good when they would get treats for their partner and eating together was something they shared.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Suzy123 said:

I feel like most of the couples that are on this show seem so unhappy even after the weight is lost.

It makes me sad to see almost no touching between most of the couples.  A lot of them dont even rest a reassuring hand on their mate. Where's the affection?

But I guess its hard to feel tender towards someone who has eaten themselves into making you their ass wiper.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Finally Nikki.  I hope her story is more honest about the cause of her morbid weight issue.  Lot of  questions after  her episode last year.

Now you have me intrigued. I remember her but didn't know about that aspect. 

• Love 2

Anybody remember Chuck?  Compared to Chuck, Chad is a prince!  Chuck was whiney and adolescent and was so proud of himself for "helping out around the house."  That's like a man saying he "babysits his kids."  So annoying...

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

It makes me sad to see almost no touching between most of the couples.  A lot of them dont even rest a reassuring hand on their mate. Where's the affection?

But I guess its hard to feel tender towards someone who has eaten themselves into making you their ass wiper.

You see that as a bug.

Gilbert sees it as a feature.

• Love 7

Holy Christmas.

The zipper on my ski parka has more style than those stitches on Chad's leg.

Whoever called them Frankenstitches was right.

28 minutes ago, Anchorabu said:

Mom's getting frustrated with Teretha: "the bed is too low and the walker isn't sturdy enough? Sure blame something else. Maybe your diaper is too heavy? Go ahead, eat some more!"

Your Mother is such a doll! *waving 'hello' all the way from Canada*

• Love 3
Just now, Dianaofthehunt said:

What are those two plastic bags hanging off Chad’s belt (or thereabouts?)

For drainage of lymph fluid.  Common after some surgeries.  I've had them.  They're gross.

• Love 3
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Does Teretha use a catheter ? It looks like she has a catheter bag hanging from her walker. Why? She should be able to use the bathroom. 

That's what it looks like to me. 

7 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

Chad is quite the contrast to most of the people on here.  He's worried about working and supporting his family where most of the others could care less.

Agreed. I really like Chad - he worked hard for his success.

• Love 5