Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

Arrow's Stephen Amell on that Green Arrow twist
The actor reveals his feeling about this turn of events, and what’s next for Oliver and Felicity

NATALIE ABRAMS OCTOBER 19, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/19/arrow-stephen-amell-diggle-green-arrow/

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on The X-Files, The Walking Dead, The Flash, Once, Lucifer, New Girl, Big Bang and More
By Michael Ausiello / October 19 2017
http://tvline.com/2017/10/19/the-x-files-william-season-11-spoilers-mulder-scully-son/

Question: In past Arrow seasons, flashbacks for Diggle have been centered on his time in Afghanistan. Will we get to see flashbacks for him of a more personal nature in Season 6? –Trish
Ausiello: With Oliver’s island odyssey now fully chronicled, “We are going to do character-centered flashbacks,” co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim reports, “and we’re very cognizant of the fact that we’ve never done a non-military flashback for Diggle. It’s something we talk about a lot but we have to marry it to the right story,” and such an opportunity has not yet come along. In the meantime, the EP promises “some really cool Slade Wilson flashbacks that I’m really excited about.”

Edited by tv echo

Entertainment Weekly's Superhero Insider Strikes Back!
October 20, 2017  Kyle Anderson and Natalie Abrams
https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/superhero-insider-strikes-back

-- Next week (603), Natalie said that Diggle will start to struggle as the GA because being the leader of Team Arrow is harder than you think and because he's hiding an injury. She said the question is, can Oliver really stay away from the team. She asked that question of SA and his response is reported in her Oct. 19 EW article (posted in this thread above).

-- Natalie said that she also talked to DR and that she'll have her interview with DR posted next week to preview 603.

-- Per Natalie, both SA and DR think it's not a permanent thing that Oliver stays away from Team Arrow, but they don't know. But for right now, this is the new normal and Diggle is the GA. Oliver is really out, except for one time in an upcoming episode [tv echo: probably 604-Reversal, as reported elsewhere], where Oliver has to come back into the team "in a different way... Stephen says it's a surprising way that you wouldn't expect."

-- Per Natalie, Oliver is more focused on his son and more focused on being the mayor: "Also, in photos coming up from the next episode, we see Oliver and Felicity kissing. So maybe he's back to focusing on that relationship, now that William is settled. So, uh, yeah, that's where we're heading."

-- Kyle noted that Oliver's absence means one fewer member of Team Arrow because they aren't replacing Oliver. So he wondered if that means a bigger role for another team member like Rene. [tv echo: I'm guessing, a bigger role for Dinah on the team is more likely.] Natalie noted that Rene had a cough from being shot in the chest and wondered if that foreshadowed a future health problem for Rene.

Edited by tv echo

Another one - ComicBook interview with JH...

'Arrow': Juliana Harkavy On What Inspires Her Portrayal Of Black Canary
by Jenna Anderson | October 19, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/19/arrow-dinah-drake-juliana-harkavy-black-canary/ 

'Arrow' Actress Doesn't Think Black Canary and Diggle Will Have Romance
by Russ Burlingame | October 19, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/19/arrow-actress-doesnt-think-black-canary-and-diggle-will-have-rom/

Edited by tv echo

‘Arrow’ Season 6: Rick Gonzalez Teases Wild Dog’s Reaction To Diggle’s Takeover
BY NICOLE MASSABROOK  10/26/17 
http://www.ibtimes.com/arrow-season-6-rick-gonzalez-teases-wild-dogs-reaction-diggles-takeover-2606674  

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Arrow, The Flash, Grey's Anatomy, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS OCTOBER 26, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/26/spoiler-room-arrow-flash-greys-anatomy/

I’d love to hear what’s in store for Arrow‘s Felicity Smoak. — Thad
Now that we know Felicity and Curtis are starting their own company, the question remains: What are they actually going to do? “It’s going to be Curtis and her working together and hopefully bringing tech into the world that can aid society in a better way,” Emily Bett Rickards tells me. “That’s Felicity’s goal. She has trouble trying to think of what necessarily they’re going to invent to kick off the company, but she figures it out around episode 5-ish.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

6x06: Promises Kept Press Release:

OLIVER MAKES A BIG DECISION — As Slade (guest star Manu Bennett) continues to uncover clues about his son’s last few years, Oliver (Stephen Amell) makes a big decision. Meanwhile, the Green Arrow (David Ramsey) leads the team into battle against “The Dragon,” a villain who is stealing valuable tech in Star City. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Rebecca Bellotto (#606).  Original airdate 11/16/2017.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

From Manu Bennett's press conference at MCM London Comic Con today...

Manu Bennett Deathstroke Arrow London MCM October 2017 Panel
Published on Oct 28, 2017, by Super HeroNexus

-- When reporter asked MB about tweeting that it wasn't him filming after pics of Deathstroke on the Arrow set came out last summer, MB: "There was an ongoing discussion about coming back to Arrow and before that discussion had even eventuated, before the contract had been signed, um, my colleague, Mr. Amell, stated something online. And it just wasn't appropriate at the time, you know, so I basically owned my own position, which I have every right to do and, uh, responded as such to really just put off the notion that, you know, I was back on the show. And I also thought that, you know, I hate it when social media starts ruining the surprise, you know... The moment I got out of the terminal at Vancouver airport, there was some guy called Vancouver Snaps, or something like that, chasing me around with a camera, you know... As far as I was concerned, it was about help keeping the, uh, surprise active, you know... But in the end, Marc Guggenheim really played along with it - with me... We were kinda laughing with each other about how effective it ended up being, you know.... There were these outward claims by CW and Stephen and Marc that I was coming back on the show. And then we managed to create some sort of ambiguity."

-- MB: "The future of Deathstroke has always been kinda like this - this roller coaster ride between WB, Warner Brothers, and their intentions with the character in the film world. You know, obviously now they've made the announcement of - ... I think really, you know, we, on the Arrow CW show, really brought Deathstroke back to life... It came down to some great writing from Marc Guggenheim and, uh, you know, it's a popular character again."

-- MB talked about meeting George Perez and being told that he didn't look anything like Deathstroke. However, MB said that Marv Wolfman liked him as Deathstroke.

-- MB said that he liked to "pace his characters" and create a real human being slowly over time. He questioned whether you could do this in a 90-minute movie, although they could have bigger special effects. He said that he's met Joe Manganiello and that Joe is a "wonderful, wonderful guy" and "incredibly well-built." He thought that Joe would be a great Slade Wilson and wished him the best.

-- When reporter asked about an upcoming Slade Wilson adventure, MB: "You know, uh, Marc Guggenheim has been, you know, fairly, you know, honest with me about - about the way that he's been... constrained, you might say, in terms of how to include Deathstroke, you know, in the Arrow series. Uh, you know, Warner Brothers adult company, you know, the film branch, have, you know, made it... not possible to use certain characters on the Arrow TV show. The Suicide Squad. Harley Quinn. All these characters have been - you know, that pass of the prison cell and Harley Quinn was inside there. You know, and you had Deadshot, and you had all these other characters that could've been fleshed out more. But, you know Warner Brothers parent company had said, 'ah, we're going to use them on the films and so, therefore, you gotta step back using them on the TV series.' Which is kind of like a shame, but, you know, part of, you know, who am I to say? You know, that's - at the end of the day, that's their property and they're going to treat it in the way they think is best in order to make the impact... But, you know, it is the way it is. But being on television, you know, the possibilities of television - Marc Guggenheim and I talked about a Deathstroke TV series, you know, and it would be awesome. You know, we could make it R rated. You know, we could maybe leap onto something - another network platform that we could be at that level. You know, make it Logan - Logan-esque and all that sort of stuff. You know, we can do it. You know, Marc Guggenheim and I could write that series. But it's not really - it's not our property to say. You know, but I know the fanbase out there would be keen for it... But who am I, man? Just a small guy from New Zealand."

-- MB said that he's been in the "television realm" for a long time and that he enjoyed being in television because, as he said before, you get "a long period of time to make characters work."

-- MB: "I just did this really wonderful two episodes with Liam Hall, who's playing my son - Slade Wilson's son - on Arrow. So we have this, uh, wonderful episode 5 and 6 of Season 6 of Arrow... [tv echo: video skipped here, I think] which hopefully satisfied the way Marc Guggenheim wrote this compelling two-episode, you know, part of this next season of Arrow. Uh, Liam Hall - it was interesting, Liam and I met and, of course, very quickly you have to try and form a bond 'cause, you know, we met with maybe 48 hours before the camera was gonna start rolling. Um, and him and I got together in a hotel room and we started, as you do, acting beside each other. You know, and he's a young actor so therefore - and he's seen all my stuff and I could tell he was a little bit intimidated. You know, he's seen my Crixus and, you know, he was a huge fan of Arrow. And suddenly he'd come out of obscurity. He'd been living in Vancouver for two years as a young Australian actor trying to find a break and he hadn't really landed anything. So he had no real experience in the big game, you know what I mean? And he sort of - as we sat in the hotel room, I could figure some of - 'cause I've been through that - so I could figure where he was at on some of his, you know, personal, kind of, you know, uh, emotional limitations at the times, because I've been in that situation where you're nervous, you know, and you gotta just get rid of those nerves and start being kind of, like, tactile with your fellow actor. So Liam and I actually just sat there and  we did Meisner. We sat there and we looked at each other and we started saying the lines while we were studying each other as people, trying to notice from each other what we could see about each other, more deeply in each other's eyes, read the connection, you know. And we actually applied that, when it came to our first scene. And it worked so well... You have such a short amount of time to get ready in this scenario that, unless you're really connected to people, unless you can really get that connection in there, then you can tell whether they're father and son or not, or whether they're just acting father and son. And, after 48 hours of doing this kind of Meisner thing that we did together, you know, we got really, uh, really got connected in a way that I think, you know, fans are going to find this very interesting, because - there was Slade and Oliver on the island, right? Which everybody bought into - they bought into that bond. But Slade and his own son? It's got a whole different variation of vulnerabilities, um, you know, responsibilities, uh, fears - losing control of a child of your own, you know... I was so happy at the end... So were the directors, 'cause the two directors who worked the two episodes, you know. They were so happy, that we worked so hard to make it something wonderful. And Marc Guggenheim kinda, like, opened up the doors to so much more. And I can't give you any spoilers on that. But honestly, the way that these two episodes open a door is interesting, you know. There's a potential future."

-- When reporter asked about Deathstroke's origin story, MB cautioned that the CW version of the origin story is not the same as the DC comic book series. MB: "So the CW version of this is not exactly on the same page or the same time frame as what the comic book origin story is. So when Marc Guggenheim has said, 'We're going to discover the origin of Deathstroke,' he's talking about a different origin. You know, kind of like Shado... The origin story of Slade on Arrow, the tv show? Then Shado's a big part of that. She wasn't really the component of the DC one. So, yeah, this origin story is more about Slade and his son. I think you kind of have to keep that in perspective. But was it amazing? Yeah, it was such a new spin. I like to characterize through experience... It was interesting to play a fatherly kind of presentation of Slade because it was completely different realm to just Slade with Oliver on the island. This real father-son scenario is new territory. I've enjoyed it."

-- When asked what he thought of Diggle as the Green Arrow, MB (whispering): "I didn't watch the episode. (Normal voice) But I'm sure he did a good job... He's like super strong... He's like a real martial artist in the real world... If anybody walked up to David Ramsey and gave him any - he could flip you over, choke you out, and break every bone in your body in a split second. David Ramsey is a machine."

-- MB: "And Oliver's going to go help me find my boy. I didn't say that. I didn't just say that." (laughs)

Edited by tv echo

Previous video posted above was from his Saturday press conference - here's his Sunday press conference...

Manu Bennett Press Interview - MCM Comic Con London (Sunday) - Oct 2017
Published on Oct 29, 2017, by Geektown

-- On what he was most excited about coming up on Arrow and getting to finish up his Slade Wilson arc, MB: "Well, you know, there's sort of some speculation going on right now about Slade's back on Arrow and Joe Manganiello's been offered to do a Deathstroke film, which is great for Joe. He's a wonderful guy. I've met him a couple times. Just a wonderful guy. You know, awesome physique. He'll fit a Deathstroke costume amazingly... And he'll have his own take on it, you know. And I wish him the very best... It'll be interesting to see how, with all that great production quality, you know, what they can bring visually to the character. But I will say, being able to do a character on television and have several series to flesh out a Slade Wilson, you know, then you can play with a lot of the gray matter and, you know, manage to develop that wealth on the TV show. But, you know, on the big screen, there's going to be a new Deathstroke and, you know, between the two, there's always been this sort of ongoing story where Warner Brothers parent company, which is the feature film arm, have requested, you know, that certain elements of Arrow's world, uh, be finished - you know, things like Deadshot, Harley Quinn, the Suicide Squad, all those things that were gonna be part of the Arrowverse. But, uh, had to held back because of the reason of the film arm wanting to reserve that, you know, for the film... Who knows? That's their decision-making. That's their properties. They know what they're doing in their game, you know, so we just play ball."

-- On whether he would do a Deathstroke TV series, MB: "Ah, listen, you know, the speculation of a Deathstroke TV series is, you know, based upon fan comments that have been going on, the fact that the fans would like to see that... Someone posted online and sent it to my twitter account, and I responded, 'yeah, that would be cool.' I want it to be R-rated, I want it to be dark, like Logan... To pay Deathstroke a real service in a TV series, I think you'd want to go darker than anything, you know... Maybe even make it look more international, you know, where he's sort of like an international soldier.... You know, I've had these conversations with Marc Guggenheim after the fact and, you know, Marc was very supportive of the idea, thought it was a great idea. You know, we bandied it about a little bit on twitter and people like Marv Wolfman weighed in, you know.... Also, Geoff Daniels, the Deathstroke illustrator - he weighed in. Everyone was going, 'good idea.' ... So who knows, you know? I mean, at this stage, I guess Warner Brothers is just looking at the feature film. They've announced it, so they're definitely focusing on that... Who knows what will happen after that? You know, maybe they'll get to that point and fans will be like, 'ahhh, yeah, more Deathstroke, more Deathstroke!' You know, if somebody asked me to do a TV series, I - I - you know, I'd definitely not want it to sit in the PG arena. I think, to really pay a homage to Deathstroke independently, you'd want to go hard. But Joe's got a shot at that, you know... I'm really keen to see how gritty that script's gonna be, you know? ... I wonder what it's rating is going to be. It'd be great if it was R rated. That would be great if it was like Logan. That was heavy, really heavy, you know... I'm probably just as excited as everybody else to see what it's gonna look like on the big screen. Wish it was me, Joe. (laughs) But good luck... Joe's a really wonderful guy and he'll have a shot at it."

Edited by tv echo