Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

Enunciate, Emily!...

Slamdance 2018: Emily Bett Rickards Talks Funny Story & Arrow
By Danielle Solzman  On Jan 19, 2018
https://culturedvultures.com/slamdance-2018-emily-bett-rickards-talks-funny-story-arrow/

With the second half of Arrow starting up this month, what can fans look forward to seeing with regard to your character, Felicity Smoak, over these next few months?
In Arrow, they can look forward to sort of more relationship-building with her husband, who is the Green Arrow, and seeing where they can build that within sort of a broken alliance. Right now, they used to have a circle and I think right now they have half of it as the sort of (inaudible) has been on the other side. To relay it back, everyone has problems and these characters do as well. It’s just a different set of problems to distinctively work through it with (inaudible) purpose.

Edited by tv echo

More EK interviews...

‘Arrow’: Echo Kellum Teases the New Team Arrow in Midseason Premiere
Jacob Bryant   JANUARY 18, 2018
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/arrow-midseason-premiere-echo-kellum-mr-terrific-1202668322/

'Arrow's Echo Kellum on Curtis and Felicity's Dynamic
By NICOLE DRUM - January 18, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/19/arrow-curtis-felicity-dynamic-echo-kellum/

Arrow’s Echo Kellum Reveals Why the Stakes Are Higher Than Ever Before
January 18, 2018  by Meagan Damore
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-echo-kellum-divided-interview/ 

Edited by tv echo

Another EK interview...

'Arrow': Echo Kellum On Team Being Fractured & Colton Haynes' Upcoming Return As Roy Harper
Published on Jan 23, 2018, by Access 

On the red carpet at Entertainment Weekly's celebration honoring nominees for the Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Chateau Marmont, "Arrow's" Echo Kellum chats with Access about Team Arrow fracturing into two parts. Echo explains how his trio – Mister Terrific, Wild Dog and Black Canary – work as a team, and he hints at Colton Haynes' upcoming return to the show as Roy Harper. "Arrow" airs Thursdays at 9/8c on The CW.

Edited by tv echo
On 1/17/2018 at 2:00 PM, Soulfire said:

I haven’t seen this anywhere else. 

At 1:33 it shows BC under a pile of something and talking to GA who is going to save others rather than her. Is this where the NTA screws up?

Edited by BunsenBurner
It wouldn’t show the video the first time

TVLine interview with Jack Moore:

Young Arrow Star Previews a Heroic Father/Son Outing, Hurtful Revelation

The heroic apple doesn’t fall very far from the tree, The CW’s Arrow will suggest this Thursday at 9/8c.

In the episode “We Fall,” Oliver’s determination to forge ahead with just OTA — while Curtis, Rene and Dinah do their own thing — becomes complicated when his son is endangered in a school bus crash born of Cayden James’ handiwork.

“William is on a trip with his class and of course things go wrong, and William has to rescue his friends,” says Jack Moore, who turns 15 in April and first played Oliver’s offspring during Season 4. “A bunch of explosions go off, and I got to do some pretty cool stuff.

More at the link.

Arrow: Vigilante is Motivated Primarily by His Feelings For Black Canary
By Kevin Yeoman  January 31, 2018
https://screenrant.com/arrow-vigilante-black-canary-relationship/

In a new interview with Screen Rant, Johann Urb discussed what he thinks motivates Vigilante and what keeps him in check, and he says that the character’s feelings for and history with the new super-powered Black Canary are by far the biggest influence on Vincent Sobel.
“I think the history that he has with the Green Arrow, and really the history that he has with Dinah, played a huge part in which way Vigilante is going and turning, because there’s real love there and I think there has been kind of an awakening in him when [he] was unmasked. I think their love and memories have played a big part in the way things have been going in terms of [his] allegiances.”

To that end, Urb thinks that, there’s a strong chance Vigilante will be joining the “new Team Arrow”, saying, “Well, I think this next episode is very revealing in a lot of ways. You’ll see where that goes. But even with a potential membership on the table, the actor thinks that, without Dinah, Vincent probably wouldn’t be interested in lending anyone else a hand, especially not the Green Arrow. Urb said:

“Vigilante hasn’t really appreciated the Green Arrow’s approach. We know that he’s thought the Green Arrow has gotten soft and is not really doing what he’s supposed to be doing, like he was in the beginning. I don’t know that without Dinah we would have seen the Vigilante really jump on board with Team Arrow — really the new Team Arrow.”

Arrow: Vigilante Actor Thinks There’s Room to Explore the Character’s Past
By Kevin Yeoman  January 31, 2018
https://screenrant.com/arrow-vigilante-past-explored/

During a recent interview with Screen Rant, actor Johann Urb discussed the possibility of exploring Vigilante’s past. And while he isn’t certain whether the show has any plans to do so, he does think Arrow is uniquely suited to the task.
“There’s certainly something that could be explored. I think that this show does flashbacks really well, too. We’ve seen the whole history of the Green Arrow and what happened to him and in that sense there’s certainly a lot of room to explore where Vigilante has been, what has happened and what made him into the man he is today.”

However, Urb was quick to point out that a large part of Vigilante’s appeal has been the questions about his identity and where his allegiances lie. As such, he thinks “there’s always going to be mystery to the character.” That adds another wrinkle to Vigilante’s future, as it appears he’s joined forced with Dinah, Curtis, and Rene, after betraying Cayden James and his gang.

Edited by tv echo

From the print issue of next week's TV Guide (Feb. 5-18, 2018, Double Issue), in its "What's Worth Watching" section - description of next week's Arrow episode (613)...

THURSDAY, FEB. 8
Arrow
9/8c, The CW

A little knowledge can be dangerous, so just think of how lethal Cayden James (Michael Emerson) is going to be after he uncovers a secret about the Green Arrow that is so monumental, Oliver may even hae to call on his old squad to help him out.

ETA: Remember, the Arrow episode two weeks from now, on Feb. 15, will be a rerun of 610.

Edited by tv echo

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Homeland, Americans, Grey's, NCIS, 9-1-1, Lucifer, Big Little Lies, Originals and More
By Michael Ausiello / January 31 2018
http://tvline.com/2018/01/31/this-is-us-super-bowl-episode-boston-philadelphia-markets-start-time/

Question: I need some scoop on Arrow‘s Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific. Might Paul make a reappearance? —Stephanie
Ausiello
: “I definitely hope so. I really like Curtis and Paul’s relationship, there’s a lot of love there,” Echo Kellum answers. “But I do feel like Curtis needs to ‘play the field’ in a different sense right now — to kind of do his own thing and find out where he needs to be in life. He’s dealing with too many breakups recently! I definitely want to see him out there making strides in his own world, not necessarily needing someone else.”

Edited by tv echo

Another sneak peek for 612 (Dinah/Vince flashback)...

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Star Trek: Discovery, Legends of Tomorrow, The 100 and more
NATALIE ABRAMS February 01, 2018 
http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/01/spoiler-room-star-trek-discovery-legends-tomorrow-100/

There’s no way we can trust Vigilante on Arrow, right? — Kennedy
I wouldn’t, but that’s just me. While I can’t give you a definitive answer on that one, here’s what executive producer Marc Guggenheim provided when I posed your Q: “That question is what provides a lot of the dramatic tension of the next couple of episodes.”

Edited by tv echo

More Johann Urb interviews...

Arrow: Johann Urb Digs Up Vigilante’s ‘Ancient History,’ Teases Team Up
by Meagan Damore   February 1, 2018
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-vigilante-johann-urb-interview/ 

Arrow Season 6: Unmasking the Secrets of Vigilante
Kayti Burt   February 1, 2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/arrow-season-6/270665/arrow-season-6-unmasking-the-secrets-of-vigilante 

Edited by tv echo

614 synopsis and promo - episode airs March 1...

Arrow - Episode 6.14 - Collision Course - Promo, Promotional Photos + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at February 09, 2018 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/02/arrow-episode-614-collision-course.html

OTA VS. NTA —  Oliver (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) disagree with Dinah (Juliana Harkavy), Curtis (Echo Kellum) and Rene (Rick Gonzalez) on how to handle Black Siren (Katie Cassidy). The two teams face off and a fight ensues. Ken Shane directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Rebecca Bellotto (#614).  

Original airdate 3/1/2018.

Edited by tv echo

Go to link if you want to listen to audio recording of Geekvibes Nation's radio interview with MG...

Geekvibes Live Interview with Marc Guggenheim
GeekVibesNation   February 14, 2018
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/geekvibesnation/2018/02/14/geekvibes-live-interview-with-marc-guggenheim

-- On the multiple mentions of Bludhaven on Arrow and whether Dick Grayson will ever appear on Arrow, MG: "It's extremely unlikely." He then mentioned the new Titans series and Gotham as other TV shows that have a stronger claim to Dick Grayson than Arrow.

-- On the possibility of Artemis returning to Arrow, MG: "Um, I don't know if it would happen in Season 6, but the possibility is always out there." He then said that he was just thinking of Evelyn the other day and thinking that they never showed what happened to her on Lian Yu after 523. He added: "It's something that comes up in the writers room and it's something that's on our minds." He said that 23 episodes fill up really fast, and ideas get kicked down the road. He said that eventually they'll get around to "revisiting that character."

-- On the possibility of a Sportsmaster and Cheshire team up on Arrow somewhere down the line, MG: "I can tell you that we have had very specific conversations with DC Comics about one of those characters. And that's as much as I'm going to say."

-- On whether there's any chance that we'll get an Oliver-Dinah love angle, MG: "Um, I don't think so. Uh, look, I get it. I understand why you're asking 'cause, you know, Oliver's the Green Arrow and Dinah's the Black Canary, and Green Arrow and Black Canary are together in the comics. Um, but, you know, Oliver's now married to someone who's not the Black Canary or ever will be the Black Canary. And I just don't think there's any desire on our parts to tell a story about Oliver cheating on his wife." 

-- Geekvibes guy then said that he wasn't asking mainly because of comics but because he loved the two actors who play Oliver and Dinah on screen together. MG: "Yeah, they're really fantastic together. I will say, right now, they like really hate each other. Not the actors, the characters. The characters really, really hate each other right now. So that's probably the other pretty significant impediment, um, you know, to getting them together. Right now, they would just as soon kill each other as kiss each other." The Geekvibes guy then said: "But we do know from the whole comic world, the more aggression two characters have like that toward each other, usually means the best love story blossoms from it." 

-- Geekvibes guy said he understood why they didn't want to go down the story line of Oliver cheating on his wife. MG: "I can't think of a quicker way to get the internet to hate me more than it already does. And that's really saying something."

-- The Geekvibes guy said that he was glad to have a Black Canary on Arrow at all. He then joked about how there have been three Black Canaries on the show. MG: "We got more Canaries than we know what to do with, which is kind of amazing... Right now you could field an entire show off of, you know - you could field an entire show off of the Canaries. You could just do, you know - Caity Lotz, Katie Cassidy, Juliana Harkavy. Like, I'd watch that show."

-- MG said that the chip in Diggle's arm "definitely comes back into play" in 614. Per MG, DR had asked him if he was going to lose an arm. MG then said that it's really expensive to "digitally chop off limbs" (add green sleeve, make mechanical arm, remove green sleeve). If they were to decide to pay that expense, he'd just as soon have Colton Haynes return to the show and chop off his arm, to be consistent with the comics. However, MG said, "never say never." But if they did it, he'd prefer to have it happen to Roy.

-- MG: "On the show, Roy gave his costume to Thea, so that she could become Speedy. So when we had Colton return to the show, you know, spoiler alert, his character is going to go out in the field, but he doesn't have a costume any more. So the look that he is, you know, rocking for those action sequences, um, I think you'll be really pleased. It's really true to the comics."

-- MG said that Onomatopoeia is a character that's still on their bucket list and one that comes up every year in discussion.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/02/arrow-episode-615-doppelganger-press.html

ARROW
“Doppelganger” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

ROY HARPER RETURNS —  Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Thea (Willa Holland) are shocked to hear that Roy Harper (guest star Colton Haynes) is back in Star City. However, when they discover the circumstances of Roy’s return, Oliver and Thea realize that Roy is in trouble and jump in to save him. Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) makes a shocking decision. 

Kristin Windell directed the episode with story by Christos Gage & Ruth Fletcher Gage and teleplay by Speed Weed (#615).  

MARC GUGGENHEIM talks SWASHBUCKLERS: THE SAGA CONTINUES #1, on sale in APRIL!
Byron Brewer   02-13-2018
https://www.dynamite.com/boards/forum/general-dynamite-discussion-forum-comics-tpb-s-news-ect/51677-marc-guggenheim-talks-swashbucklers-the-saga-continues-1-on-sale-in-april

BB: Any new projects, in or out of comics, coming up you can share with our readers?
MG: Well, let’s see... As I write this, it’s February 9. I finished my pass of Arrow Ep. 618 yesterday. We’re in prep on the third season finale of Legends of Tomorrow. I’m working on 3Below, the second of two Trollhunters spinoff series, and meeting later today with the head writers to officially kick off the third series, Wizards. I’m still writing X-Men Gold for Marvel, which is out every other week. (Currently working on issue #27.) And as I write this, I’m on the Sony lot for my first meeting on Infinitum, a spec screenplay I just sold to them. Finally, I’m planning a vacation or two in my head.

Edited by tv echo