Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

Arrow shoots scenes for episode 621 with David Ramsey, Juliana Harkavy and Kirk Acevedo
4/13/2018
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/arrow-blog/arrow-shoots-scenes-for-episode-621-with-david-ramsey-juliana-harkavy-and-kirk-acevedo

A little over a week ago, I caught up to the Arrow cast & crew shooting scenes for episode 621 in front of the Vancouver Courthouse. As you may have already read in my prior post, they shot scenes later in the day with some very well hidden, partially top soecret [sic] cast. But earlier in the day, there was another shoot around the side of the building from that scene.

Arrow shot scenes on the stairs of the Vancouver Art Gallery on their Robson Street side early in the day before many people were really up & about. The scenes started off with Kirk Acevedo as Ricardo Diaz walking out of the Star City Courthouse greeted by his driver/bodyguard & walks to his vehicle.

A bit later they shot scenes of the stunt team, with former B.C. Lions star Tommy Europe as John Diggle, Ivett Gonda as Dinah Drake and Shawn Robidoux as Diaz, doing scenes where Diggle & Dinah rough up Diaz and his driver before Diggle has a chat with him.

Then they shot scenes with David Ramsey & Juliana Harkavy on set with Kirk Acevedo. The scene mostly centred on Diggle grabbing Diaz, shoving him up against his truck and having a very unfriendly chat with him while Dinah looks on.... but that ends abruptly when officers from the courthouse & the SCPD come out with guns drawn and face them at Diggle.. Diaz smugly gets into his vehicle, and leaves with Diggle & Dinah standing around in disappointment while he drives away.

Edited by tv echo

Entertainment Weekly - Superhero Insider: The Flash, Black Lightning and Special Guest Marc Guggenheim
April 13, 2018   Natalie Abrams & Kyle Anderson
https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/superhero-insider-the-flash-black-lightning-and-special-guest-marc-guggenheim

-- On the Arrow S6 finale, MG: "Its going to be interesting. It's a very - you know, I've been saying, it's an unconventional kind of finale. Um, it still feels very much like a season finale. Um, you know, when I first started talking about it, we hadn't written the darn thing yet. Uh, but now we've written it and, um, we're in prep on it and on Monday we start shooting... It's a real game-changer. Um, you know, the show, you know,  fundamentally changes in the finale. Um, and I think you'll see, there's stuff that we were seeding back in the season premiere that finally comes to fruition, um, here in the season finale. Um, so you'll see there was a very specific plan to the entire season. Um, we always knew that we were headed in - we always knew this is where we were headed to. Um, so we, you know, in hopefully subtle ways, you know, have been teasing this all along without you realizing it. I hope that people are surprised but also look back and go, 'oh, that kind of was the only way they could've ended the season.'"

-- On SA's comment that there's something they definitely cannot undo at the end of this season, MG: "Yes, that is exactly true. In fact, um, you know, it's the kind of game-changer that... we're not going to buy back, you know, at any time. Like, it fundamentally changes the show."

-- On whether they've already started talking about next year's crossover event, MG: "Yes, we actually have started talking about it. We've had our earliest meetings, uh - like, we've never met with the studio as early as we have this year. We've tried to get out as far in front of it as humanly possible... We have a germ of an idea, um, kind of know what the shape of it's going to be. Um, there's still a whole lot of work left to do. Um, but given the fact that the writing of the crossover usually happens in late August, early September, um, we're so far ahead of the game. We're literally a good, you know, five months ahead of the game. That's a really nice place to be."

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell Instagram Live | April 12th 2018
Published on Apr 13, 2018, by CelebritiesOnInstaSnap

-- On 619, SA: "It [618] mirrors an episode where I have less screen time than I've ever had ever, which is coming up next week... That was peculiar as well." 

-- On what we can expect in S7, SA: "Well, assuming Oliver survives, you can expect - alright, since this doesn't live that long and since no one will parce it and prove that I said it, I think that you can expect a different hairstyle from Oliver. Does that make sense? A different hairstyle. All around. (Gestures with hand around head) An all-around different hairstyle." 

-- SA: "I'm finishing up Season 6 on April 26, and then I've got a really cool tour. I'm going around the world. Where am I going to be during the break? I'm going to be in Walla Walla, Louisville, Kentucky, Los Angeles, California, Nashville, Tennessee, uh, Manhattan, New York, um, Philadelphia, Detroit, London, Amsterdam, Istanbul, uh, some island in some location somewhere, Singapore, Sydney, back to L.A., into Toronto, back to L.A., and then we have to start up again. Just like that. It's going to be great. I'm going to be standing on the set of Episode 1 going, 'Was I here? Did I leave?' 'What's happening now?' But that's okay." He will not be doing a movie during the break. There have been opportunities, but he said that this season has been "challenging" and that he wanted to take a break and spend time with his family and have fun.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From HVFF-Chicago on April 8...

Stephen Amell Panel (FULL) @ Heroes & Villains Fan Fest 2018
Published on Apr 12, 2018, by Wayward Fanboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF7XUkEJ_9c

-- On everyone leaving the team and how no one is gone for good, SA: "Of course, you never know with this show. We just reintroduced a bunch of Lazarus Pits that are mysteriously placed around the world... We have at least two appearances in the last, I guess, five, six episodes of the season, um, by characters who are decidedly dead. And there are no flashbacks this year. So figure that one out. Really, figure it out."

-- On S7, SA: "I know very much where Oliver begins next year, whereas at the end of Season 5, I didn't know where we were going to pick it up. I think we will do what we typically do, which is, we do a basic time cut. So if we wrap up Season 6 in May, when we find our characters in Season 7, we will be in October, um, I know - again, I know where Oliver begins the year. And I know that it is something on the show - more so than anything that we've ever done, more so than blowing up the island - it is something on the show that we can never undo. If that makes sense. And if it doesn't make sense, even better." 

-- On what he forsees for Oliver & Felicity in S7, SA: "Do they both survive Season 6? You sure? No, I'm kidding. Um, I don't know... I feel the dynamic of them having to parent has been interesting. Um, whatever they do, I just hope that they both trust each other. That's all. And I hope that - I feel like we've kept enough secrets on the show - or at least Oliver's kept enough secrets. So I would hope that - I would hope that he has finally learned his lesson from that perspective and that he is, um - whatever they do, they rely on each other to make each other better, because I think that that's the most dynamic place that we could take it."

-- Fan: "On a scale of Felicity & Oliver drive off into the sunset to 'Oh my god, everybody's dead,' what's my angst level going to be during the five-month hiatus?"  SA: "I think, for one of the first times, it's not a - there's not a dread, you know. I can go through the years, right? Like, okay, the end of Season 1, the Undertaking happens. That's bad. The city blew up. Tommy died. Boo hoo. Actual tears at the moment. The end of Season 2, you know, Oliver - where's he gonna take it from here? He's had this epic battle with Slade Wilson, his arch nemesis, and, you know, he's sort of become more of a three-dimensional person. So where's he going to go? You know, Season 3. Driving off. Are they going to bring Oliver back? Season 4, you know, uh, sort of killing Damian Dahrk and deciding that there's got to be more than one path here and starting to inspire people. That was interesting. And then Season 5, like, oh god, what are they going to do? Angst. I think that more than any other finale that we've ever done, you're going to want to know how we are going to begin Season 7, and how the dynamics have changed, by the way that we end Season 6."

Edited by tv echo

What Oliver And Diggle’s Big Fight Means For Arrow, According To David Ramsey
BY LAURA HURLEY  April 13, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2402541/what-oliver-and-diggles-big-fight-means-for-arrow-moving-forward-according-to-david-ramsey

... Now, in seasons past, rifts in Team Arrow didn't always last for more than a handful of episodes, but David Ramsey (who plays Diggle) already revealed to CinemaBlend that won't be the case this time around. He also explained how Digg's decision to leave the team will continue to impact Oliver and the show moving forward, saying this:

"John Diggle will join A.R.G.U.S. But you know, the breakup that he had with Oliver and the subsequent joining with A.R.G.U.S. doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't work with Oliver anymore. He does. And he will in the capacity in which they can agree, and the same thing with the new Team Arrow. So we all kind of have different philosophies as to how to skin this cat, how to catch Diaz. But where we agree, we're willing to work together."
Of course, Diggle won't be the only one in a new position moving forward in Season 6. In "Fundamentals," Oliver came to the conclusion (after spending the episode overwhelmed by Vertigo) that he needs to get back to the basics of vigilantism, and for him, that means all the way back to the basics. He intends to fight the good fight alone now, and he may end up needing Diggle sooner rather than later. After all, Oliver didn't really make all that much headway in his mission to save Star(ling) City back in Season 1 until he brought Diggle and then Felicity on board, and he may discover sooner rather than later that he needs to accept help. Perhaps learning to work with Diggle rather than expecting Diggle to follow his directions will set him on the right path. David Ramsey also told me this about what the separation will mean for Diggle in particular:

"Both these men have some growing to do. And there's some deeper things going on with Diggle that we'll see kind of fleshed out in his experience with Oliver. This isn't about him wanting to be Green Arrow as much as it is him wanting to feel like his decisions make a difference. And I think the losses that he's suffered, he hasn't fully dealt with. The loss of his brother, how his brother's death led directly to the death of the Canary. We kind of saw him deal with some of that and going to prison, but Diggle has always been someone who's bounced back very easily and I think, like Oliver, these things have taken deeper toll on Diggle than even he wants to admit. So we'll see some of that."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Katie Cassidy Revisits Her Early Arrow Days ('I Took Life So Seriously'), Ponders Redemption for 'Evil' Laurel
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 18 2018, 12:57 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/04/18/arrow-season-6-interview-katie-cassidy-laurel-earth-two-redemption/

TVLINE | That’s why I think that the most interesting place for this to lead would be to have her be kind of a “frenemy,” versus full-on redemption. Don’t put her back on the team in a new suit, but in a pinch, you know, we could call on her.
Maybe she moves to the city next door? [Laughs] We’ll be on Wednesdays at 9 pm and she has her own sort of vigilante thing going.
TVLINE | It sounds like in Episode 19 (airing this Thursday at 9/8c), when they meet up with The Quadrant (a coalition of crime families), Laurel is going to start having some second thoughts about Diaz’s grand plan, or his means of going about it.
Ultimately, as she’s learning more and more and watching Diaz and how he works, she’s horrified because he’s brutally murdering people. There’s no rhyme or reason, which is disturbing. And although she has had that in her before — when need be, she’s been able to take down some people — it’s hard for her to watch and stand by this person. Plus, she does have this interesting relationship with Lance, with Quentin. Both of these characters [Quentin and Diaz] are making her question herself in different ways almost, almost like the angel and the devil. She’s caught between a rock and a hard place.

Edited by tv echo

-- SA: "We're in a brewery filming our season finale... We are actually filming at a brewery right now, not on purpose, just for the location and the visage of it. Um, beer smells great, not after 16 hours. After 16 hours, it smells like shit."

Edited by tv echo

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Arrow, Once Upon a Time, The Blacklist, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS April 19, 2018 AT 12:00 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/19/spoiler-room-arrow-once-upon-time-blacklist/

Do you have any early scoop on the Arrow finale? — Raja
The ultimate showdown between Oliver and Ricardo Diaz is not going to go the way you’d probably expect, but to say more would be a massive spoiler, so I’ll let David Ramsey take it from here! “Oliver is going to pay a price that he hasn’t really paid before,” Ramsey says. “Unlike our other bad guys, who are really trying to go for the jugular in sense that they’re trying to kill Oliver, Ricardo Diaz is just destroying his family piece by piece.”

Arrow - Episode 6.22 - The Ties that Bind - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at April 20, 2018 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/04/arrow-episode-622-ties-that-bind-press.html

DIAZ AIMS FOR TEAM ARROW AND THEIR FAMILIES — Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo) targets Team Arrow and their loved ones. Oliver (Stephen Amell) struggles with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) putting herself in danger when she gets the chance to stop Diaz for good. Tara Miele directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Oscar Balderrama (#622).  Original airdate 5/10/2018.

Edited by tv echo

Spoiler Room: Scoop on The 100, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Supernatural and more
NATALIE ABRAMS April 26, 2018 at 12:00 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/26/spoiler-room-100-brooklyn-nine-nine-supernatural/

What can you tease of Diggle’s appearance on The Flash? — Scott
You are going to see two very different sides of Diggle during the hour, as he plays into DeVoe’s upcoming plans for Fallout, who we know is in A.R.G.U.S. custody. “You get to see Diggle come in and tear through some A.R.G.U.S agents,” David Ramsey teases. “It’s always fun to go to Flash because Flash is all light.” Speaking of, there was a rather hilarious scene I witnessed on set when Diggle arrives in the Cortex. Let’s just say trashcans are involved.

Edited by tv echo

The Flash Season 4: David Ramsey Likes Visiting the “Light” Series
Posted by Dan Wickline April 26, 2018
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/26/flash-season-4-david-ramsey-light-series/

We don’t know the title of the episode yet or even have a synopsis, but the penultimate episode of The Flash season 4 will air May 15th and will feature an appearance by David Ramsey, who plays John Diggle on Arrow. But things aren’t quite what they seem… and any more would be spoilers, so leave if you don’t want to know.
It seems we’ll get to see Ramsey play to versions of himself, and no, we’re not talking about an alternate Earth doppelgänger… though we haven’t seen one of Diggle yet, have we? This involves DeVoe (Neil Sandilands) using the Elongated Man’s powers to shift his body to look like Diggle and then infiltrate an A.R.G.U.S. facility to get Fallout (Ryan Alexander McDonald).
So, Ramsey gets to play a bad guy for a minute. That makes him yet another actor to portray The Thinker this season.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/04/arrow-episode-623-life-sentence-season.html?m=1

“Life Sentence” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

THE EPIC SEASON FINALE OF ARROW — With a new ally on his team, Oliver (Stephen Amell) engages Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo) in an epic final battle. James Bamford directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (#623).  Original airdate 5/17/2018.

'Arrow' Season Finale Synopsis Released, Teasing a New Ally Against Diaz
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 26, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/26/arrow-season-finale-synopsis-released-teasing-a-new-ally-against/

"We haven't fully discussed with the producers all the places we want to go for season seven," series regular David Ramsey recently told ComicBook.com. "[A focus on family] is certainly one of them. The William/Felicity/Oliver relationship. Now, Lyla's come back more involved as I'm involved with ARGUS. Roy has come back to the team. So, clearly, we're moving into a place where even though we are wrapping up to the end of the season where you're kind of isolating Oliver, that in the beginning of next season, obviously, you'll start to see these very familiar family tightness, very personal relationships, come to the forefront. Arrow's always been the one to kind of lift you up to put you down and to put you down to lift you up, right? We are wrapping up for next season, which, obviously, as you see we're already preparing to bring these very familiar, very intimate, relationships back into the forefront. Roy, William, Oliver, Felicity, my wife, Lyla. So we're wrapping up to that. And you can see it in the writing."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Pits Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Catherine Dent Against Oliver Queen
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 26 2018, 7:00 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/04/26/arrow-season-6-oliver-arrested-catherine-dent-prosecutor/

Catherine Dent, who for months has been dogging Phil Coulson & Co. on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., now will aim to put Arrow‘s titular vigilante/mayor behind bars, as outside counsel Alexa Van Owen.

With Diaz nudging the dirty police force, Oliver was arrested at the end of this Thursday’s episode of The CW drama, on charges stemming from his (alleged!) double life — his bail now revoked. Dent makes her debut next Thursday, May 3, in this season’s antepenultimate episode, “Docket No. 11-19-41-73.” Attorney Jean Loring (played by Stargate SG-1‘s Teryl Rothery) will again represent Oliver.

Edited by tv echo