Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

Flash 422 episode synopsis...

The episode is called “Think Fast” and here’s the write-up:

DAVID RAMSEY GUEST STARS — When DeVoe assaults an A.R.G.U.S. facility to complete his Enlightenment Machine, Barry (Grant Gustin) realizes the only way he can stop him is if he allows Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) to accompany him into the facility. Still shaken by Ralph’s death, Barry isn’t sure he wants to risk any more of his friends’ lives and considers taking on DeVoe solo. Viet Nguyen directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Kristen Kim (#422). Original airdate 5/15/2018.

http://flashtvnews.com/flash-spoilers-think-fast-with-david-ramsey/31360

Edited by tv echo

'The Flash' Pits John Diggle Against The Thinker in "Think Fast" Synopsis
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 26, 2018
http://comicbook.com/2018/04/26/the-flash-pits-john-diggle-against-the-thinker-in-think-fast-syn/

Ever since Arrow killed off their version of Amanda Waller in season 4, Diggle's wife Lyla Michaels has been running ARGUS. Until recently, they had not utilized that connection as much as you might think, but part of that may have been just actor availability for Audrey Marie Anderson, who plays Lyla.

"I think not being able to get Audrey was part of it," Ramsey told ComicBook.com when we recently asked why the organization had not joined the season earlier. "I think it was strategic in bringing in ARGUS in this specific time. ARGUS has always been kind of been working in the background even when we didn't know it, much like SHIELD is always around in the Marvel universe. So it wasn't by accident that it came by and leaked part of the scene. They'll be very involved in wrapping up to our finale and into season seven. We want to make some logical use of ARGUS and also the dynamic that his wife is the director of ARGUS What does that mean? What does that mean to the Team Arrow? How can we utilize her resources? What does that mean to the relationship? So there's a lot that has to kind of play out in season seven in terms of ARGUS and Diggle's involvement. Yes, it was planned from the very beginning. "

Edited by tv echo

TVLine was live.
April 27, 2018  
#AskAusielloLive

https://www.facebook.com/tvline/videos/2188279921183938/ 

-- Matt Mitovich (when asked for Olicity scoop): "Well, you know, since the last time we did one of these little tv show things on - on the Facebook, I've been to Vancouver... I was on the Arrow set for next week's episode, which is the big courtroom trial... I did get some time with Emily Bett at the Arrow set. (Michael Ausiello interjected, "You did a Q&A with her.")  Yeah, yeah. We weren't sure because she was so busy that day, 'cause they were doing the courtroom scenes - it was just a lot of sitting around, but still they're needed. But she was a real champ and she made time for me. So she said that, uh, you know, going into the trial next week, things are not looking good for Oliver, so she said that they - Felicity's cooking up a Plan B, and maybe a Plan C, in case things go terribly sideways. And that might be where Mr. Colin Donnell shows in, we'll see... The cast was really excited about it. Colin Donnell was about the arrive the day I was there to shoot his big return scene, his encore, so they were really jazzed." 

Edited by tv echo

621 promo pics...
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/04/arrow-episode-621-docket-no-11-19-41-73.html
http://tvline.com/gallery/arrow-season-6-photos/
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-docket-no-11-19-41-73-photos-welcome-back-colin-donnell/

Colin Donnell‘s Tommy Merlyn shows up in some of the official photos that The CW has released to promote the Thursday, May 3 episode of Arrow… and that’s not all!

Teryl Rothery returns as lawyer Jane Loring and for those of you who missed Felicity this week, Emily Bett Rickards is back with a major role

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

David Ramsey Compares Oliver/Diggle Breakup to 'Captain America: Civil War'
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 27, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/27/david-ramsey-compares-oliver-diggle-breakup-to-captain-america-c/

The breakup -- and the issues surrounding it, including Diggle turning his back on vigilantism and going to work for ARGUS -- have been in the works since the season peremiere, according to David Ramsey, who plays Diggle in the series.

Furthermore, he thinks that the Diggle/Oliver breakup is one where fans should be able to see both sides of the argument and understand that neither man is entirely wrong, it's just a matter of perspective and priorities.

"We talked about this at the beginning of the season -- Marc [Guggenheim], myself, and Wendy [Mericle]," Ramsey told ComicBook.com. "About the breakup between Oliver and Diggle. This was planned from the very beginning of the season. 'How is it done? How do we make it smart?' How do we make it as smart an argument as the Iron Man/Captain America argument, right? Both these guys are right, both these guys are wrong. They both have excellent points. How do we do that? And ARGUS was always a piece of that that was planned to come up later on in the season."

In the same interview, Ramsey described ARGUS as analogous to Marvel's SHIELD: even if it doesn't appear to be there, you know that secretly there is always a part of the organization in the background of the DC Universe, pulling strings.

ARGUS, of course, will be playing a much larger role in Arrow over the next few episodes and apparently into next season. With city government and local law enforcement compromised, an unaccountable federal agency that may or may not technically exist is a valuable ally to have.

Of course, if Oliver does in fact go to jail at the end of the season, as many fans are assuming he will, ARGUS has a certain Task Force that he could presumably join up with to make himself useful saving the city in a whole new context.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Season 6 Episode 23 "Life Sentence" set photos - Includes SPOILERS
Canadagraphs 4/28/2018
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/arrow-blog/arrow-season-6-episode-23-life-sentence-set-photos-includes-spoilers

So as you will see in the shots below, Arrow filmed a scene at the "Star City Metro" Police Department at Burnaby City Hall. It had Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Jack Moore as William Clayton, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak and Sydelle Noel as FBI Agent Samandra Watson, as well as a handful media, generic FBI & U.S. Marshal members. The scene played out with the FBI leading Oliver out in handcuffs, with awaiting media there. Oliver makes a brief statement, before being hauled away while William & Felicity follow behind. After that scene, which was Emilys last scene of the season, the crew moved to a different part of Burnaby City Hall to film more scenes.

This scene was interesting to me for a couple reasons, since I know in episode 22 Oliver "makes a deal" with the Feds.... so why the big dramatics in ep 23?
Later that night, they shot a couple more scenes. Nothing as juicy as that first one. But one was a pretty epic scene for the fact of who was in it. Stephen shot his last scene of the season, with an actor that I do believe is leaving the show permanently based on things I know now. He shot a scene with Paul Blackthorne where Quentin Lance was talking to Diaz while Oliver watched. Of course the suspicion has been for awhile that Quentin might be getting the big send off due to the fact the show has to cut little meat from the bones for the re-negotiations of the cast for season 7. I can NOT say for sure that he was killed off, but by Stephens cryptic tweet, as well as Pauls curious instagram post, and the fact Caity Lotz flew in to film 1 day of work in "hospital" setting for 2 scenes... things dont look good for the current Mayor.

Also, as a random side detail. I ran into 2 cast from the show at the movies the same night I shot that set. I congratulated them on a season 7, and asked 1 (I was assuming the other would be) of them if he was coming back, and he said "yes". That makes me believe NTA (New Team Arrow... the team name given to Curtis/Mister Terrific, Rene/Wid Dog & Dinah/Black Canary by the fandom for those of you not up to date on all of that.) will be back in season 7 in some capacity.

img-7945_1_orig.jpg

img-7952_orig.jpg

img-7963_orig.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

-- Hector Navarro: "Here's what's going down on a brand new episode of Arrow Thursday night. Mayor Queen has been impeached, which means that the fate of the Green Arrow is up to the hands of the Star City justice system. Ah yes, if what you're thinking is this, then you are correct. We are going to be watching the trial of Green Arrow. Oh my gosh, can we really determine the measure of this man in this one episode? Well, here's one way to do it. You're going to get a bunch of surprise witnesses being called to the stand to speak on the character of Oliver Queen. All your favorites are there. If you are a Green Arrow fan, you do not want to miss this episode of Arrow. And if you're not, what's wrong with you? You do not want to miss this episode of Arrow. It is so good! But Oliver - he's really freaking out, because he doesn't know if he's going to lose everything in his quest to save Star City, because all of his stuff is getting put on blast. And I mean, whoo! - they are airing that dirty laundry - it's all going to be up there, on display. And, also in this episode, we get a bunch of phenomenal 'whisper acting,' which I'm a huge fan of. Stephen Amell and the entire cast of Arrow - they are masters at some good 'whisper acting.' It is comforting. I love to watch them do it. It's great. Keep up the good work. I am a big fan. Alright, I'm going to give you guys this, because I love you so, so much. Thursday night's episode features a face that is returning that is so shocking that you are going to pee your pants. And that's a Hector guarantee! You're going to pee when you see this character return. All of you Arrow fans, this is a must-watch episode. And all of you people who are not Arrow fans, what is wrong with you? This is a must-watch episode. You have to watch it. Because we are getting real down and dirty. This is the nitty-gritty of Oliver Queen. I'm going to give you guys a comic book connection and here's what it is. It is Green Arrow, Volume 3, The Trial of Oliver Queen. Some classic Mike Grell Green Arrow action. This stuff is awesome. It's got everything. It's got Green Arrow saving a cat out of a tree - literally. And it's hilarious. It's got Green Arrow kicking the crap out of a Nazi, because that's what you do to Nazis. You beat the crap out of them. And he's got a great line when he does it. He goes, 'hey, wait a minute - this street is Broadway, not Jerk Street,' and then proceeds to kick the crap out of this Nazi. And that's one of my favorite lines from any comic book ever. But the meat of the story revolves around this incident that happens. Green Arrow, at the end of the day - he is a vigilante. And he accidentally hits an innocent kid with one of his arrows. And Ollie starts drinking, he hits rock bottom. It is really, really tough for him. He has to deal with all of this. He has to internalize this. And his good buddy, one of his best friends - if not his actual best friend - Hal Jordan AKA Green Lantern, has to talk some sense into him. And by that, I mean, beat some sense into him. They hash it out, man. You can tell this is an amazing, you know, bro friendship. These guys have been through so much, and it so great to see Hal showing up for his buddy Oliver Queen in this really dark time. So guys, do not miss checking out Green Arrow, Volume 3, The Trial of Oliver Queen, from writer Mike Grell. It is amazing. And do not Thursday night's brand new episode of Arrow. Objection. Sustained."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Katie Cassidy Talks 'Arrow' [VIDEO]
By COMICBOOK.COM STAFF - April 30, 2018
http://comicbook.com/2018/04/30/video-katie-cassidy-talks-arrow-/

-- On what fan response has been to her Black Siren, KC: "It's been very positive, uh, which is - which is good. I mean, it's hard to - when somebody says, okay, well, we're going to kill you off. We turned you into a superhero, now we're going to kill you off. And we're going to bring you back in some capacity as basically a supervillain. And the character, she - look, I've had a blast [unintelligible words]. I definitely think you can tell. I feel very free in the material. Um, playing a villain, it's fun. It's really fun. Um, and again, I think, just the freedom in the material has been such a blast. I feel everyone has a pretty good response. I think, Black Siren, the thing that's cool about her is she's so unpredictable and she's so - she's kind of like a loose cannon. You never know what you're going to get. I also like the fact that she's sort of her own island, in a way, if that makes sense. Um, she's sassy, she's funny. She's also, uh - she can be snarky, and she can be condescending, but, you know, there's always sort of a twist on everything. Um, and I'd just be - I'm curious to see what's going to happen with her and her story, cause the character's awesome."

-- On what Black Siren's dynamic with Ricardo Diaz will be as the season plays out, KC: "No, I can't tell you that because I like my job. (Laughs) I don't want to get in trouble. I can't give too much away. Uh, but I definitely think - there's a lot of twists and turns, and I think it's - it's interesting. I think the shock value will be huge."

-- On playing more alternate versions of her character than anyone else in the Arrowverse (E1, E2, EX) and whether there's another alternate version of Laurel that she'd like to play, KC: "Yeah... Laurel coming - well, coming back from the dead, that would be kinda cool. That would be kinda interesting, yeah. And on different Earths, I want to see all the versions of Laurel, plus... the more, uh - the more complex and complicated the character, I feel like for me as an actor, the better I actually respond to in performing. I know that might sound odd. Um, but I would think it would be cool to see the other versions of her and what that looks like. I have no idea what it looks like, but I have a feeling we'll find out."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Vet Not Returning for Season 7

The CW’s Arrow is saying good-bye to another series vet, as it makes plans for its recently ordered Season 7.

TVLine has learned that original cast member Paul Blackthorne, who plays Star City lawman-turned-interim mayor Quentin Lance, will not be returning to the CW drama next season as a series regular.

From EW's The Spoiler Room:

Any hope for Oliver ahead of his trial on Arrow? — Seamus
Things are going to get much worse before they get better — well, if they get better. “These are long-lasting ramifications,” David Ramsey says. “What happens between he and Felicity will last for a long time, what happened between he and myself will last for a long time. Likewise, whatever recovery that happens during season 7 will not happen quickly.”

(edited)

ET's Leanna Aguilera interviewed SA and Andrew Harding on ET facebook earlier today...

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/EntertainmentTonight/videos/10156464463786180/

Stephen Amell & Andrew Harding Entertainment Tonight
Published on May 10, 2018, by Alexia RB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJBk98SePD8

-- On what fans should be prepared for before they tune in to watch 622 tonight, SA: "I think we burn everything down tonight. It's really good. No, this is, uh - there's a good cliffhanger at the end of this episode. We reintroduce a character that we saw earlier in the season, and we set ourselves up for a finale that feels very, very unique in terms of our previous five finales. It's - it's not a cliffhanger. However, Marc described it as a cliffhanger. I wouldn't describe it as a cliffhanger. I'm not disagree - I mean, it's so not a cliffhanger. And it leaves so much certainty. And it leaves everyone in a position where you know exactly where they are that it's almost a little unsettling."

-- On whether it was weird for him to have "things wrapped up in a bow," SA: "It was. I got the whole pitch for Season 7 from Beth Schwartz, who's our new showrunner. And I met everyone in the writers room... We got three or four holdovers from before, but we also have a lot of new people on the show. And the cool thing, when you get to Season 7, we have a lot of people who are in this writers room because they are fans of the show... and they wanted the job. So it's very exciting."

-- On what's still on his 'bucket list' for S7, SA: "Quite frankly, I don't know if there's anything left on my Arrow bucket list." He, Andrew and Leanna also joked about featuring their wine on the show. SA then said that after being the lead hero and also the lead villain (on the Crisis on Earth-X crossover), he didn't think there's anything left.

-- On Leanna exclaiming how she didn't know how they could do another crossover after Crisis on Earth-X, SA said that he knew how and that he got pitched the next crossover as well yesterday, adding: "I think there's going to be some news coming out about that... When I got pitched it - um, the good thing for me about the show is, it's impossible to say how long, uh, you know, I'm going to do it. I don't totally forsee a Jared and Jensen type situation. I [unintelligible word] those guys started younger than I did, and, uh, there's two of them. Right? So, technically, going into Season 7, there's just one of me. So I'm going to count it the same way... When I got pitched the crossover yesterday, I was as excited to hear that pitch as I was when I got pitched that we were going to be introducing Barry Allen, you know, all those years ago. So I'm still just as excited and enthused about doing the show."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Video clips from SA panel at HVFF-Nashville on Saturday (May 12)...

Stephen Amell Says 'Arrow' Season 6 Finale Is Unapologetic [VIDEO]
By NICOLE DRUM - May 13, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/13/arrow-season-6-finale-unapologetic-stephen-amell/

-- SA: "I really hope you guys dig the finale this week. I think it's really cool. I think it's visually interesting. I think that it's unapologetic. And I think that it leaves everyone with a great deal of certainty with where every character is, except that you might not like all the places that they are."

'Arrow': Stephen Amell Teases Oliver Getting a Super Power [VIDEO]
By JENNA ANDERSON - May 13, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/13/arrow-season-7-oliver-queen-stephen-amell-superpower/ 

-- On which superpower he would like Oliver to have, SA: "Patience? (Everyone laughed) I'm always going to be incredibly partial to flying. Flying is the one that I've always wanted. (Cassandra interjected, "There's got to be an arrow that turns into a cape or something.") Sure... Um, I actually - I think there may be a way for Oliver to have a superpower this year. As The CW gets more and more and more nervous. (Cassandra interjected, "Stay tuned.") Nervous, nervous, nervous."

'Arrow': Stephen Amell Is Hopeful Oliver Will Sing at Some Point [VIDEO]
By JENNA ANDERSON - May 13, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/13/arrow-oliver-queen-stephen-amell-arrowverse-musical-episode/

-- On whether they were going to do a musical episode like The Flash did, SA: ""It does keep coming up... I mean, hopefully we can see Oliver sing at some point before it's all said and done. But it'd probably be in a bar by himself, in front of a piano that he can't even play.... Um, no. I quite admire the ability for Grant and Melissa to be so musically inclined, but I don't think either of them can do the salmon ladder, so I'll stick with my talents."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Arrow Finale: Emily Bett Rickards Previews "Intimate" Olicity Scene
By Lindsay MacDonald | May 14, 2018 6:10 PM EDT
http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-finale-emily-bett-rickards-intimate-olicity-scene/?ftag=TVG_Twitter

So how is that huge admission going to affect the season finale? TV Guide asked Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards to break it down for us.

"I think it's going to expedite our storyline for next season," Rickards tells TV Guide. "I do think what it does is really puts a lot of stress on the identity of who Oliver Queen is and how the team is going to deal with it, and what is their new identity as a team going forward... How do you deal with a secret that's been going on for so long and still keep it as close to home as possible?"
"[The finale] doesn't have a cliffhanger," Stephen Amell tells TV Guide. "Often times the city's been destroyed by the Undertaking, so what's going to happen? Or the island is blown up or Oliver and Felicity are leaving, where are they going? Where does that leave us? I'd say if it's closest to any finale it would be like the Season 4 finale when Oliver and Felicity drove off, but everybody was settled with where they are. Last year there was a lot of uncertainty, this year there's certainty to such a degree that it's a little unsettling."

In the midst of all of this upheaval, Olicity fans can take heart knowing that a very emotional scene is coming up for that couple in the season ender. It was so heavy, in fact, that it even gave Emily Bett Rickards a case of the feels.

"There was one scene that Oliver and Felicity have that - a lot of things are at stake," Bett Rickards says. "As sad as the scene is, it was one of my favorites with Stephen all season because it just felt really intimate... As much as it is a tortured scene, I think it was one of my favorites all year just because of the actors that we are and who Stephen is and where our characters have come and how much they love each other and how strong our friendship is. Just getting to work together for two hours on the final day of shooting the show was magical."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Arrow’s Paul Blackthorne Previews Finale's 'Beautiful Exit' for [ Spoiler ]

Speaking with TVLine at EW/People‘s Upfronts Week party, Blackthorne teased “an interesting exit” for cop-turned-interim mayor Quentin Lance. “It’s a beautiful exit, actually,” he quickly added. “A very nice exit, as exits go!”

Reflecting on his Season 6 arc, Blackthorne said “it was interesting to play” Quentin’s interactions with dead daughter Laurel’s Earth-Two doppelgänger, who for a stretch there, as the meta-powered Black Siren, helped Diaz terrorize Star City.

“It was kind of a mind-screw, the whole thing, in terms of who she was, reconciling that new relationship, and him trying to find hope in her and everything that she had gone through and become,” the English actor shared.

“All those scenes with Katie [Cassidy], it was a lot of fun,” he continued. “We’ve had six years of playing all that stuff, and it’s been a real, real treat. It’s a shame to see that go, but it’s wonderful to be in this new place now.”

(edited)

HVFF Nashville 2018 STEPHEN AMELL full panel
Published on May 15, 2018, by viajantesim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNaLteqFjKY

-- On his fave Olicity scene, SA: "And then, this is always, um, sort of a cheeky thing to say, but we have a really beautiful scene in the finale. And it meant a lot to me because Emily came up to me afterwards and said that, um, you know, if there was no other scene throughout Season 6, that scene would've made it worth it for her. So that meant a lot to me because clearly it meant a lot to her. So I think people will enjoy that scene, even if it's a little sad."

-- SA: "I'm going to be in New York on Thursday.for The CW upfronts. And I get to make a really fun announcement. And The CW is so freaked out that I"m gonna spoil it at some point during this panel."

-- Per SA, Glen Winter "may come back this year to direct."

-- On which superpower he would like Oliver to have, SA: "Patience? (Everyone laughed) I'm always going to be incredibly partial to flying. Flying is the one that I've always wanted. (Cassandra interjected, "There's got to be an arrow that turns into a cape or something.") Sure... Um, I actually - I think there may be a way for Oliver to have a superpower this year. As The CW gets more and more and more nervous. (Cassandra interjected, "Stay tuned.") Nervous, nervous, nervous." 

-- On the S6 finale, SA: "I really hope you guys dig the finale this week. I think it's really cool. I think it's visually interesting. I think that it's unapologetic. And I think that it leaves everyone with a great deal of certainty with where every character is, except that you might not like all the places that they are."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

How Arrow Will End Things Differently For The Characters In The Season 6 Finale
BY MICK JOEST  MAY 15, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2420151/how-arrow-will-end-things-differently-for-the-characters-in-the-season-6-finale

Arrow is teasing an explosive ending to its wild Season 6, although Emily Bett Rickards has indicated fans may not expect what the series has planned. Rickards, who plays computer hacker extraordinaire Felicity Smoak, spoke to CinemaBlend's Deputy TV Editor Laura Hurley about the upcoming season finale, and noted that things will end a bit differently for the characters this season than they have in the past:

"It's different than other seasons. It's still tragic in its own way as we do in our traumas, but there's definitely something different. I always used to say 'We always go out with a bang, literally.' But this year we sort of go out with, I think, there's a bang to the heart of everybody on the team this year, which is sad but something new and something different and hopefully people respond. I think it's unexpected. So we'll see how we can make it fly."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Arrow's Katie Cassidy Teases Massive, Insane Season 6 Finale
By JENNA ANDERSON - May 16, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/16/arrow-season-6-episode-23-finale-katie-cassidy-the-cw/

ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis recently got a chance to chat with Arrow star Katie Cassidy during last weekend's Heroes and Villains FanFest Nashville. When asked about the upcoming season six finale, "Life Sentence", Cassidy hinted that it's truly a spectacle.

“Oh gosh! I can’t tell you!” Cassidy exclaimed. “It’s all of the things. It’s all of the things, and then leaving you hanging. It’s huge. It’s massive. It’s insane. I don’t know how we shoot this show. I’ve been doing this for fifteen years, but I don’t know how we shoot a movie every 9 days."
“I love Paul so much." Cassidy explained. "He’s such an incredible actor and person. He and I got really close, I think he would probably say I was the closest one to him. So, he’s gone, but I mean…is he really gone?"

"It’s sad, it really is." It makes me sad because we all worked so hard for so long. It just kinda sucks when it’s like…He’s an OG. He was there from day one, I was there from day one, with Stephen, David, and Willa... Let’s hope that there’s a way to work him back in.”

And the finale will also include an appearance of Arrow alum and Legends of Tomorrow star Caity Lotz, who Cassidy was excited to share a scene with again.

“She’s just a breath of fresh air." Cassidy revealed. "She really is like a sister to me. She and I are living together next year. Yeah, it’s great. She’s awesome. I love working with her.”

'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Teases Black Siren's Origin, Possible Redemption, and Paul Blackthorne's Departure
By JENNA ANDERSON - May 16, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/16/arrow-season-6-katie-cassidy-laurel-lance-black-siren/

ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis recently got a chance to chat with Cassidy during last weekend's Heroes and Villains FanFest Nashville. In the process, Cassidy's teased Laurel's unpredictable role in the season's fight against Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo).

“I think she’s a really interesting character." Cassidy explained. "What I love about her too is that you never know what you’re going to get with her. She’s sort of a loose cannon. I also look at her kind of as like her own island, in a way. If you think about it, you’ve got the team, you’ve got Diaz, who [Laurel] is maybe not best friends with now, and then you have me. And so it’s sort of like ‘Where do I stand?'"

While there's no telling exactly how the season finale will play out, Cassidy hinted that Laurel could grow to be some sort of an ally to Team Arrow, or have the opportunity to kind of make her own way.

"I think, the team, she could definitely be of service to, if they trust her." Cassidy continued. "I think that’d be a really interesting situation, if the writers decide to go with that route. But I think her having the ability to be this chameleon, and change personalities, and go undercover and in disguise and be this female Jason Bourne is great.”
”Yeah, absolutely." Cassidy revealed. "I think there’s room for redemption for her character. And I think, what I believe is that if they do reveal more of her backstory, and sort of tell her story actually, there’ll be a lot more of an understanding of why she acts the way that she does.”
“I love Paul so much." Cassidy explained. "He’s such an incredible actor and person. He and I got really close, I think he would probably say I was the closest one to him. So, he’s gone, but I mean…is he really gone?"

"It’s sad, it really is." It makes me sad because we all worked so hard for so long. It just kinda sucks when it’s like…He’s an OG. He was there from day one, I was there from day one, with Stephen, David, and Willa... Let’s hope that there’s a way to work him back in.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

ARROW Finale w/ Echo Kellum + Jim Lee Talks New DC Books
Published on May 16, 2018, by DC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7obGCGqLM

-- EK: "I think the title 'Life Sentence,' uh, may refer to some impending plans Diaz has in place. It might refer to the fact that we are all stuck with each other forever. Um, I mean, it could definitely reference a lot of different things. I think you'll see at the end of the episode kind of what it really is hitting on and referencing, though."

-- EK: "Curtis' role is helping facilitate the large pushback against Diaz. You know, I think, um, that's all their roles for this episode. It's making sure that they can save the city. I mean, that's what it's always been about from Day 1 for Oliver & Co. And so, they're all just kind of hands on deck, we got to stop Diaz at any cost and, um, try to shut down his ability to just take over the city and, you know, just kind of ensue this kind of corrupt and, you know, mal - maleficent force that's there."

-- EK: "Yes, in the season finale, I mean, everything hits the fan. Uh, you know, Diaz has really put a strong foothold onto the city. Uh, and so I think you'll see our heroes kind of put in a predicament in a place that you've never seen them in the season finale. I think it'll be really fun and exciting and it'll really leave you questioning what's happening next season... A lot of action, a lot of suspense, and some tears maybe too."

-- EK: "The direction I see Curtis going in Season 7 is - I like to fly on T-Spheres. I mean, that's pretty much the biggest thing I would like to do. That would be awesome. Um, but, I mean, I just think, leaning more into the tech - that's really what I like to do. And also I would like to add, really just getting that love life poppin' ... you know, just gettin' it going with the nastiness, some hot nastiness or, you know, whatever. I think, you know, he deserves to have that happiness, you know, and to have someone to come home to, who gets him - who isn't trying to stop him from being who he is, and who just loves him unconditionally. I hope he definitely gets that too." 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Next Arrowverse Crossover to Include Batwoman, Add the City of Gotham
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 17 2018, 8:57 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/05/17/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-crossover-2018-batwoman-gotham/

This year’s Arrowverse crossover will be battier than ever, as Green Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and the Legends of Tomorrow fight alongside… Batwoman.

“We will be doing another crossover event this fall on The CW [and] we will be introducing a new character. We will be fighting alongside Batwoman,” Arrow star Stephen Amell shared on Thursday at the network’s Upfronts event.

Speaking with TVLine earlier on the red carpet, Amell said that he knew all the details of the next crossover event (which will air in early December), adding that whereas in the past they have gone “big” — fighting aliens and Nazis from another Earth, for example — this time the premise would be “very specific.”

In turn, as one might surmise, “We’re adding the city of Gotham into the Arrowverse,” added CW president Mark Pedowitz, promising “another full-throttled action packed event.” Previously, Arrow once name-dropped Bruce Wayne, in an ad-lib suggested by Amell.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Arrow, The Blacklist, Once Upon a Time and more
NATALIE ABRAMS May 17, 2018 at 12:15 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/17/spoiler-room-arrow-blacklist-once-upon-a-time/

Any last-minute scoop on the Arrow finale? — Joe
Arrow fans better prepare themselves, because Emily Bett Rickards describes the way in which the show writes out Paul Blackthorne as “tragic.” Here’s what she told my colleague Chancellor Agard: “When anybody exits our show, everyone is sad. As actors and characters, everyone is sad because we’ve been together for so long. He doesn’t go out in an impersonal way and I think the show will always miss him. He’s a phenomenal actor and he’s a phenomenal character, and he’s been root in our show. But, I mean I’d say tragic, and then I’ll leave it at that.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow Boss: 'Unconventional' Finale Packs 'Emotional Wallops,' Plus a Big DC Comics Tease for Season 7
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 17 2018, 8:23 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/05/17/arrow-season-6-finale-preview-oliver-diaz-showdown/

“This is a very unconventional finale — at least, it’s very different from the five that preceded it,” Guggenheim said. “By my count, there are four big surprises-slash-developments in the finale, which I want to say is the most we’ve ever had in a single finale.”

“Life Sentence,” as the episode is titled, is also “unconventionally structured. It has a much longer resolution to it than our past finales have had,” Guggenheim added. “Usually the climax is in Act 5; in this one it happens in Act 4.” What’s more, “We achieve an emotional denouement that is, I want to say pretty rare for a finale for us. Usually our finales are very bombastic and visceral and with a lot of fireworks — and there are plenty of fireworks here; James Bamford directed the episode! — but by the end of it you feel emotionally spent. I feel like it’s the most emotionally affecting of the series finales we’ve had on the show.”

That is of course saying something, though Guggenheim still holds the phone call between Oliver and Moira in Season 5’s finale as the gold standard. “That’s hard to top,” he said. “That was a wonderful moment between two great actors, but it was a flashback, whereas with this finale, this the emotional wallops just keep on coming.

“People who have seen the finale have described it as being very exhausting, because it’s so emotionally engaging,” he noted. “And I’m excited about that.”

In addition to doing a number on your heart rate, Arrow‘s finale will drop a new name — that of the Longbow Hunters, the criminal gang founded by Ricardo Diaz’s comic-book counterpart, Richard Dragon, in DC lore — thus setting the stage for what’s ahead in Season 7.

“I will say that the reference to the Longbow Hunters is us planting a flag, much the same way we referenced Damien Darhk in the Season 3 finale,” Guggenheim allowed. “We would be [not nice people] to name-drop the Longbow Hunters and not see them in Season 7.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow's Finale Will Call Back To The Season Premiere In A Big Way
BY LAURA HURLEY  MAY 17, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2421292/arrows-finale-will-call-back-to-the-season-premiere-in-a-big-way

... Emily Bett Rickards, who plays the formidable Felicity Smoak, spoke with CinemaBlend about how the finale will call back to some of what fans saw back in the beginning. When I asked if fans could expect some elements from the premiere to return in the finale, she said this:

"We have such a divide in our show this year between the two teams, and it felt like I wasn't working on the same show as Juliana [Harkavy}. I'd only see her some of the time. I rarely got to work with Paul Blackthorne. I didn't see, like, Echo [Kellum] at all this year! There can be rifts and severs in teams and in relationships and such, but I think learning that being together is always stronger is hopefully what we're teaching on our show and we are one world, that kind of thing... By the end of filming the last three episodes, I was like, 'Juliana! I feel like I haven't seen you! Do we even work on the same show?'"
... Rickards went on in our chat to tease how Arrow will try to bring everything full circle in the finale:

"I wonder if there's any golden nuggets for the fans. I mean, I'm sure there is, there always are. There's a couple I can think of. It's a learning experience for us as audience members, as actors, as writers and storytellers and listeners, and I think hopefully we'll be able to bring that all together because that's what you want to do. You want to get a premiere and a finale that seem at all together and streamlined through to make a good story."

Edited by tv echo

Oliver and Felicity end the season on a rocky note. What’s next for their marriage? Can they survive this?
I will tell you this: I’ve been married now 14 years, and when I make unilateral decisions, my wife is not generally happy about it — and those include the unilateral decisions that don’t involve me going to prison. So I think it’s probably not spoiling anything to say that there’s going to be some challenges Felicity will have to overcome in light of Oliver making this big, momentous move without consulting Felicity.

Ricardo Diaz got away, something you don’t normally do when ending a season. Why him and what can you tease of what’s next now that his empire has been decimated?
Yeah, well that was another thing that we got excited about midway through season 6 was the idea that another thing that we’ve never done before, or that any of the other Arrowverse shows have done before, was the “Big Bad” not coming to justice. The idea that Diaz is out there as an antagonist, albeit he’s going to have to operate in a different way because he no longer has his empire, was very intriguing to us. Like I alluded to when talking about Lance’s death, we’re certainly setting up a pretty major collision between Laurel and Diaz, and that is something that’s very exciting. We talk about Laurel as a woman on fire and I think those fireworks will be a lot of fun to see.

There was a mention of Longbow Hunters. Will we see them next season?
I don’t feel like I can spoil that or not spoil that. I will say this: We would be dicks if we were to drop that big of a name and never follow through on it.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/17/arrow-season-6-finale-quentin-lance-death/

With Oliver now having publicly confessed to being the Green Arrow and getting taken to prison, after so many fake-outs in the past, what does this mean for the series moving forward now that he can't go back to living a double life?

When we were doing the pilot, I had a bucket list of ideas for the show. The identity reveal in my original conception happened in a very different way, but the idea of him revealing his identity, that was my penultimate card to play. Going into this season, we knew that that's how we wanted to end the season. We were cognizant going into season six that if the show was going to be a six-plus season show, it needs to constantly evolve and change. Oliver revealing his identity at the end of the season would be a great way to fundamentally change the series going into season seven.

He's not going to remain in prison for the remainder of the series. When he gets out of prison, the fact that he now has to deal with the consequences of the public knowing his secret identity, that is huge. It's not just Oliver, it's also Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and his son William (Jack Moore). She's now married to the Green Arrow. William's dad is the Green Arrow. That's going to be huge for their family. That just creates so many cool stories to tell, interesting complications, challenges, dangers. It makes the prison storyline so much more visceral. If we wanted to just stick Oliver in prison, we could have done that without revealing his secret identity, but for us what always made the prison storyline exciting was he's not just trapped in prison, but he's trapped in prison with all these people who know that he's the one who put him there. That's such rich, exciting territory for us to be able to undertake in season seven.

Arrow is beginning to repopulate the ranks with Colton Haynes returning as a series regular for season seven. Where did the decision to bring Roy back next season come from and what does that mean for Thea since they just left town on a mission together only a few episodes back?

Colton and I got to talking and he said he'd be interested in coming back to the show. We could not have been more excited. When we wrote him off with Thea at the end of season six, we knew we might be writing ourselves into a little bit of a corner, vis a vis Roy because he was going away with Thea. At the same time, we knew that Colton would likely come back as a series regular in season seven without Willa.

There are some interesting writing challenges that the writing staff has had to juggle in season seven but I think they've come up with some really interesting solutions. Their planned trajectory for Roy in season seven is really exciting. It's something that we're not just bringing him back to the show and picking up where we left off with him. He's really going back in a new, really cool and interesting way. One of the many consequences of Oliver revealing his identity, especially revealing his identity in the way that he does in the finale is it gives Roy a new lease on life. Roy has had to go underground as a result of the events of season three and because of the way Oliver outed himself at the end of season six, Roy has his whole life back and his whole identity back. That's very interesting territory for us to play. We haven't been able to do that with a character yet, where someone gets their whole life returned to them in one fell swoop and will now have to deal with the consequences.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-season-6-finale-explained-olivers-identity-revealed-paul-blackthorne-exits-1112926

(edited)

Stephen Amell on Arrow season 7 | Everything is different in Arrow season 7
Published on May 17, 2018, by viralotv9

-- On S7, SA: "I wouldn't say it's like a refresh or a reboot. But that being said, everything is different. I mean, Oliver told the FBI that he's the Green Arrow. So there's no more secret identity. It's gone. It's no longer a thing... I mean, it changes everything."

-- On the major Olicity scene in 623, SA: "The scene I shot with Emily was my favorite scene in the entire season, by a wide margin. Um, it was so cool, and she was so good... She's a little bit perturbed with Oliver and the action that he takes in the finale, which we'll sort of have to sift through since the - in the early part of Season 7. But for the finale, they're in a good place."

-- On any talk of an Olicity baby in S7 and whether that's the next chapter for them, SA: "No... Oliver has his hands full."

Edited by tv echo