Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

“Fallout” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)
THE AFTERMATH — Oliver (Stephen Amell) deals with the fallout of the explosion on the island. James Bamford directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle (#601).  Original airdate 10/12/2017.

Source

Edited by apinknightmare

This article contains a lot SA and EBR pics (607 shoot), both filming and behind-the-scenes...

SEASON 7: ARROW Thanksgiving With Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Stephen Amell & Emily Bett Rickards) & William
By Susan Gittins September 21, 2017
http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/09/season-7-arrow-thanksgiving-with-oliver-queen-felicity-smoak-stephen-amell-emily-bett-rickards-william.html

Olicity is together at Thanksgiving. Arrow shot a Thanksgiving Food Drive outside Star City Police today with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) on the podium with Oliver’s son William (Jack Moore). Pink tie, pink jacket and pink coat. They match.

DKSdglyUQAAP0Vj.jpg
DKSdgl0VYAERJBp.jpg

DKR5LuqUQAAwwHG.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Stephen Amell - Panel/Q&A - SLCC 2017
Published on Sep 24, 2017, by Ammaross Danan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lnIOSq5C8o

-- Fan asked if he enjoyed doing the crossovers with The Flash. SA: "I don't know if you guys saw the announcement yesterday, but, uh, the title of the crossover this year is called 'Crisis on Earth-X,' which is based off of a very well-known DC Comics storyline, 'Crisis on Infinity Earth.' And, um, when I read the crossover this year, the only thing I will say is that - you know, when we first did the crossover back in our third season, Flash first season, it was very much like it's an episode of Flash where I show up and it's an episode of Arrow where he shows up. And even last year, it was like, you know, Flash showed up on Supergirl, but then it was an episode of Flash, an episode of Arrow, and then an episode of Legends. This year it's just a four-hour movie... Technically, it goes, Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, Legends. But you're not supposed to be watching the Supergirl hour and going, 'okay, this is the Supergirl hour.' It's just the first hour of the crossover. And when I - I don't know, I can't spoil it, other than to say - when I read the crossover scripts this year, I felt compelled to e-mail the, uh, sort of the - the original team of Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim, and the e-mail just simply said, 'guys, thank you very much for this opportunity, 'cause it's going to be really, really cool.'"

-- Fan asked if, either this season or sometime in the future, he'll get "that traditional goatee." SA: "I think this is going to end up being the promise that Salt Lake City makes me make this year. I promise you, before the series - not the season, but the series - ends, we will have at least one shot of the iconic goatee. It's like I can't help myself, getting in trouble at these things. Always so much trouble. Always so much trouble."

-- Fan asked about his S6 bow because he saw Oliver using a recurve bow in the trailer. SA: "It's a lot like the Season 1 bow. And not really for any particular reason. I was just like, 'guys, it's time, it's time.' I wanted it to go a little old school. You know what I mean? So I was like - my pitch to them was, let's do a recurve and let's pretend that Cisco made it."

-- Fan asked about S6 flashbacks. SA: "Sometimes we have flashbacks. Sometimes we don't. Um, like, for example, this year we tell the origin - not the origin story, but we tell - we, uh, fill in some pieces for Slade Wilson's story... I think a couple of other people are going to have flashbacks. I have not had a flashback. But they probably just don't want to have to pay for a wig, because I burnt the other one."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Manu Bennett Panel - MCM Expo Scotland Comic Con 2017 - 24/09/2017 [AUDIO ONLY]
Published on Sep 24, 2017, by epoc252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fee3865U6jg

-- MB: "I shot what's going to be episode 5 and 6 of Season 6 of Arrow... I meet my son.... So there's this one scene where Slade's sitting there with his son, and they're camping, and Slade's like, you know, 'hey kid, just you and me out camping.' And then suddenly Slade disappear - anyway, I can't tell you. (Audience laughs) It's a really cool storyline, and it starts off with my son Joe. And it kinda gives you a lot of information about, you know - when I was doing sort of Slade on the island, there was only one time that I ever, ever talked about who Slade was before the island. And there was this one scene that was over like a campfire and I was talking to Oliver, and he was talking to me about how the yacht went down and his girlfriend's sister who he was having an affair with was on the boat. (Audience chuckles) And Slade was sitting there going like, 'okay, kid, you're a bad boy.' And, uh - but I turned around and I said to Oliver - you know, because he wanted to know about Billy Wintergreen. Does anyone remember this scene? Arrow fans? ... Okay, so remember, I was sitting there and he said to me, 'How'd you end up on the island, Slade?' And I said, 'well, you know, there was this Australian forces mission and I came to the island with a guy called Billy Wintergreen, you know, and this guy Fyers is running the operation on the island, and anyway, we got caught, you know, and we're getting tortured or whatever, and Billy Wintergreen gave in and he betrayed us.' And I turned around and I said, 'he was the godfather of my son Joe, and yet he betrayed me.' But at the moment that I talked about my son Joe, in that moment, it was kinda just like this one little brief moment where you - ... it just made you think that Slade Wilson had this life beforehand, but it was only a [bit that] went like that. And I remember in that moment, I felt this personal - more personal connection to the Slade than just the current stuff going on on the island. It was just this one bit. Well, Season 6 and episode 5 and 6 - is all about discovering what that is that Slade carried with him before the island, with his son Joe. And there's a kid that was cast as my young son, probably about your age as well (indicating young child fan who he had asked up on stage)... He was a wonderful, wonderful young actor as well. Everything was in his eyes. I was really amazed by what a good actor this young kid is. Everything's in his eyes. I sat there and it was like playing chess with a 10-year-old. You know, it was wonderful. It was awesome, it was awesome... It's going to be interesting because, you know, the dimensions that Slade's got, you know, Deathstroke, Slade, Slade on the island with Oliver, Slade with mirakuru, Slade going nah-nah with, uh, you know, Shado talking over his shoulder telling me, you know, to do all these horrible things. You know, all of those dimensions are going to be complete - well, they're sort of left behind. You know, the mirakuru-Shado stuff is kinda left behind and we end up - well, you know, the end of the last season - who watched the end of Season 5? So Oliver came in and said, 'hey, you know, I've got information where your son is.' So Season 6, we pick up from that point. And between Oliver and I, there's this whole new dimension about being fathers and having sons and, uh, it's gonna be really interesting because, you know, it's not so much - it is about action still, it's still about how the sort of drama you're used to in Arrow, but it's going to reveal, you know, the real heart of the matter for Slade. And in a way I was kinda quite confronted by this sort of performance because it was so much more personal... I was really, really happy with it, you know. We finished about a week ago. And the director was really happy with it. Really happy with it. And Steve was like, 'good one.' ... We did some really good work together, so I'm really looking forward to it coming to the screen and I think you guys will be given a new dimension, which I think you're going to enjoy. I hope you're going to enjoy."

-- When adult male fan asked what his favorite scenes to shoot on Arrow were, MB: "To be honest, these latest couple of episodes... Having Slade Wilson sitting next to a young kid, with a young boy that's his son and actually opening up as Slade Wilson... There's nothing that's been betrayed as Slade in that capacity... But then it takes the story to a contemporary Joe - a Joe that looks more like you. (To fan) Stand up for a second. See, in Arrow, I started off with a kid that looks like this (indicating child male fan) and I end up with a kid that looks like that (indicating adult male fan). Spoiler alert. But, you know what I mean? He goes from one thing to another thing, and then that's part of the real great drama of these two episode thing that's going to happen on Arrow."

Edited by tv echo

Go to article to see pics...

SEASON 6: Scenes From Star City Mayoral Race With ARROW’s Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) & FBI Agent (Sydelle Noel)
By Susan Gittins September 25, 2017
http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/09/season-6-scenes-from-a-star-city-mayoral-race-with-arrows-oliver-queen-stephen-amell.html

Would you vote for the Green Arrow? It’s election time on Arrow. Mayor Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) gave a press conference today outside Star City Hall (the Vancouver Art Gallery), wearing an “I Voted” badge. And it seems Oliver’s secret is coming out. Do the citizens of Star City want the Green Arrow as their Mayor?

Arrow turned the south end of the  Vancouver Art Gallery into City Hall today.
Oliver is speaking with FBI agent  Samanda Watson (Sydelle Noel), who’s been trying to expose him as the Green Arrow.
The scenes from a Mayoral Race are for Arrow’s Thanksgiving episode 6×07. Production doesn’t start on Arrow’s crossover episode until later this week.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From MB interview on Sep. 23 (two videos record same interview)...

DEATHSTROKE Manu Bennett MCM Scotland LIVE
Published on Sep 27, 2017, by MYM Buzz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZJG_kiF7I

Manu Bennett @ Glasgow Comic Con 2017
Published on Sep 26, 2017, by lordasomepicgamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUatjNBm21s

-- MB: "I've just come back from Vancouver. I just shot episode 5 and 6 of the sixth season of Arrow. Episode 5 is called 'Deathstroke Returns' and episode 6 is called 'Promises Kept.' So there's a lot of material that's just been put into two episodes and, uh, it really - it worked me. It worked me as an actor. I haven't felt that worked since some of the stuff that I've done on Spartacus, you know, some of the really harrowing stuff. You know, there's so much content in these two episodes that evolves a whole new side of Slade that, you know, I don't know whether the fans are going to like it or not, to be honest, because it's so personal. But, if I had to back myself, with the way that I am as an actor and the way that I try to portray truth of a character, it's [gotta][gonna] be something new for the audience, I think. But, you know, [unintelligible word] watch that silly box in the living room, to feel something, just to feel it, then I know that what I did for the character was, I put him on the edge and I kept on pushing him toward the edge. Because we all live on the edge in some way or the other, you know. And I think if you can - if you, as an artist, you can give it up, if you can put yourself out there, and the people can actually feel it - you know, a lot of people are going like, well, these kids are like, 'alright, please, Deathstroke,' stuff like that, and wow - but, you know, you'd be surprised what's really going on in here and here (pointing to head and heart) when you watch that screen. It's like when you listen to music, you know, like, uh, it's not just the words that's going on, it's the melody, it's the signal that's coming through the radio or whatever, it's how it hits you emotionally in your head and in your heart. So, you know, I think there's stuff that I've done in this latest season that's going to be, uh - it's going to be kinda compelling. But how it's going to compel the audience, I'm not quite sure. I find my son, and there's a whole bunch of ramifications to that. Yeah. So who knows? Maybe in a year or two, Arrow will be my favorite show that I've done."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow #6.2 “Tribute”

ANATOLY RETURNS TO STAR CITY — Oliver (Stephen Amell) tries to balance being the mayor, the Green Arrow and a father to William (guest star Jack Moore). Anatoly (guest star David Nykl) returns to Star City with a deadly agenda. Laura Belsey directed the episode with story by Adam Schwartz and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Beth Schwartz (#602). Original airdate 10/19/2017.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-6-2-tribute-spoiler-description/

ETA:

EW has confirmed that the Arrow villain will appear in the four-way crossover between Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, but he’s the Prometheus from Earth-X, otherwise known as Prometheus-X.

Alas, there are no plans for Josh Segarra to return as Prometheus, which raises the question: Who is under that mask? ...

Edited by Soulfire

CROSSOVER: THE FLASH & ARROW’s Stephen Amell at Burnaby’s Former Youth Detention Centre
By Susan Gittins September 28, 2017  
http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/09/crossover-the-flash-arrows-stephen-amell-at-burnabys-former-youth-detention-centre.html

The Flash began production on its crossover episode last Friday. And set up at Burnaby’s Former Youth Detention Centre earlier this week. There are jail cells but production likely chose the site for its outdoor privacy not far from The Flash and Arrow studios.
I drove by today and spotted Stephen Amell’s airstream in among The Flash trailers. And Amell later tweeted this photo from the grass.
(After filming overnight, Amell flew to Alberta in the morning on no sleep).

Likely Legends of Tomorrow’s Caity Lotz has spent a night or two filming there too.

arrow-crossover-jb.jpg?resize=1024,768

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From two interviews with David Nykl at Four State Comic Con on Sep. 9, 2017 (Hagerstown, MD)... 

David Nykl (Arrow) - Cosplay Spotlite Special Interview
Published on Sep 19, 2017 by Cosplay Spotlite with Captain Kyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8EipbOXsP8

-- On whether he's working on anything other than Arrow right now, DN: "Um, Arrow - Arrow is it. We've just, uh - I just did Arrow episode 602 a couple of weeks ago. I know I'm going to be in 609 coming up at the end of the month. I think they're currently filming 605, so Season 6 is getting made fast, as fast as we can!"

From An Arrow's David Nykl Interview To A Four State Comic Con Review
Published on Sep 17, 2017, by The Long Coat Mafia Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfVX1UsbnI

-- DN: "This year, Season 6, we just started filming about a month ago. I already did one of the episodes, and I got another one coming up."

-- On what fans can expect from Arrow S6, DN: "Lots of villains. And, uh, lots of personal stories with, uh - between the characters. Oliver and Anatoly have known each other for a long time, and their relationship has taken a turn for the worse. So, uh, this is where they're - this is where I'm going at least. This is where the relationship between the two of them is going this season."

-- On how Anatoly has evolved on Arrow, DN: "Yeah, absolutely. He started off as a prisoner in pretty rough shape. Then he came into - returned to Russia and came into the Bratva and, uh, as the story unfolded, you know, he became the [Russian word] - became the godfather.of the Bratva. Now, uh, as the story evolves, it's gonna go to different places and, uh, you guys will see what happens."

-- DN compared working on Arrow and working on Stargate SG-1 (Arrow has a more serious work ethic environment, while there was more "fooling around" on Stargate), although he enjoyed both. He also talked about the "huge" Arrow fandom. He also praised SA.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Also posted by @insomniadreams88 on page 1619 of Spoiler Discussion thread...

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on This Is Us, Flash, New Girl, Arrow, Grey's Anatomy, The Blacklist, Supernatural and More
By Michael Ausiello / October 3 2017, 10:29 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/10/03/sandra-oh-greys-anatomy-season-14-cristina-returning/

Question: I’m returning to Arrow after a year break, thanks to the Katie Cassidy news. Do you have any Black Siren scoop to tie me over until October? —Helen
Ausiello: During an in-depth Q&A with Matt Mitovich, Stephen Amell indicated that of Team Arrow, “Oliver, ironically — and despite the fact that she allied herself with Adrian Chase — is the most hopeful one” when it comes to Black Siren perhaps one day being redeemed. “He’s like, ‘If theres a bit of Laurel in there, I want to find it.'” The feeling however is not at all mutual. As Amell puts it, stone-cold Black Siren feels “nothing” when she looks at the other Laurel Lance’s loved ones, Ollie included.

Edited by tv echo

Paris Manga & Sci-Fi Show 24 - Manu Bennett, Colin Cunningham et David Nykl (30 09 2017)
Published on Oct 4, 2017, by Tribulations Chimériques
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMkQdAhK8R8

-- MB: "The new storyline on Arrow is, uh - you know, at the end of Season 5, you know, Slade was asked to help Oliver out to find his son, to help get his son back. Uh, so, in Season 6, uh, Slade asks Oliver if he'll ask him - if he'll help him to find his son. So what Season 6, the Deathstroke/Slade Wilson character is about, is that he has a son called Joe - Joe Wilson. And, uh - yeah, Joe's a bit of a naughty boy. And, uh - but it's a really well-written two episodes. It's going to be episodes 5 and 6 of Season 6. It's called 'Deathstroke Returns' and then episode 6 is called 'Promises Kept.' And it's a very interesting new take on Slade Wilson/Deathstroke, but the relationship with his son is something that's opening up a whole new can of worms and a whole bunch of new storylines. There's a mention of Slade Wilson's wife - or ex-wife - another son as well. So, I think they're opening up kind of new avenues in which to take the Slade Wilson/Deathstroke sort of storyline. Yeah."

-- DN talked about the evolution of the Anatoly character on Arrow and how he was brought back on the show. He also said that the EPs keep things close to their chest and that it's a constant surprise what happens to his character. Per DN, Anatoly was originally a prisoner and friend of Oliver, but they are "becoming enemies."

-- MB: "I never thought that they could repair the relationship between Oliver and Slade after Slade killed his mother. You know, usually when you kill somebody's mother, that kinda puts the end of that friendship. But somehow they managed in one episode at the end of the 5th season to dispel the whole idea that Slade was evil on the basis that the mirakuru wore off. And what's happening in Season 6 is furthering that kind of return to sort of an eye-to-eye level between Oliver and Slade. You know, the deflection now is about Slade's son, Joe."

Edited by tv echo

Also posted by @Velocity23 on page 1621 of Spoiler Discussion thread...

Arrow: Oliver Will Explore "True Love" in Four-Way Crossover
By Lindsay Macdonald | Oct 4, 2017 7:04 PM EDT
http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-four-way-crossover-oliver-true-love

According to Arrow executive producer Wendy Mericle, the crossover is "really Oliver's (Stephen Amell) story... It's Oliver and one other character in the Arrow-verse's story. It really explores the question of true love, and what does that look like? It's emotionally really compelling, and you're going to be surprised by what he learns and how he learns it and who he learns it from. It's pretty crazy stuff, I'm not going to lie."

Edited by tv echo