Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Posting here because it includes spoilery bits (mixed in with non-spoilery comments)...

Echo Kellum Previews Team Arrow’s Last Stand Against Prometheus
by Bryan Cairns   May 3, 2017
http://www.cbr.com/echo-kellum-arrow-prometheus/

CBR: Curtis was a little green at the beginning of the season. How far has he come since Oliver’s early training sessions?
Echo Kellum:
He’s starting to get comfortable in his own skin. He’s starting to bring in some of his tech skills into the field with him. That’s helped him to become more confident out there, like he’s an actual asset to the team.

Part of Mr. Terrific’s impressive arsenal are his T-Spheres. How excited were you when the show finally introduced them?
Oh, I was pumped. He’s so synonymous with those things. I was geeking out. I wanted to play with them the whole time. I got to bring one home and familiarize myself with it. They are very cool. The door is wide open on the abilities they will be able to have and acquire. You’ll see over the next couple of episodes, they are a work in progress. Curtis is constantly tinkering with them to get them better. You’ll see a new use come up with them soon. I’m excited about the possibilities of what the T-Spheres can do.

Curtis displays a lot of heart and optimism. How important are those qualities for this team?
I definitely think you need to have someone be the optimist. Sometimes the way Curtis does it is very foot-in-the-mouth. With a lot of darkness, you need to have some light there. Curtis really brings that light into the forefront.
How much will they touch on Curtis’ strained marriage?
The last few episodes are really all hands-on-deck with Prometheus. It’s getting to a place where it’s do-or-die. We’re paying more attention to that at the end of the season. In Season 6, you’ll definitely see more of Curtis’ personal life and some of the shenanigans he gets into outside of the team.

Tonight’s episode finds Oliver and Felicity trapped in the Arrow Cave. How essential are Curtis and Wild Dog to the rescue?
They are very essential. As we said, it’s all-hands-on-deck to get them out of there. You’ll really see the whole team come to the forefront. There’s Curtis and Renee doing their bit in that, too.

The teaser trailer shows Curtis and Wild Dog descending an elevator shaft. Is that you doing the whole “Mission Impossible” bungee cord stunt?
Yeah, we were in those harnesses coming down, but our crew is so professional and they take such good care of us, so we always feel safe. But, yeah, they had us on those cords. The action has been a ton of fun, just to push yourself to the limits. Even when it’s an action sequence that we shoot, or taking care of the gym regimen outside of it, it’s really been something that’s pushed me to a whole other level. I jumped into it guns blazing because it’s awesome to give all of that to these action sequences and stunts. For me, personally, it wasn’t in my wheelhouse, but I’m thankful of the stuff I get to do now. The adrenaline gets pumping because you are actually getting into it.
What can viewers expect from a Curtis and Evelyn reunion?
Her betrayal stings. Evelyn was someone they were very close with. They started on this journey with her, especially with new team 2.0. They all take it personally. Curtis and Evelyn have some unfinished business to attend to.

Arrow’s season finales always contain some monumental cliffhangers. What else can you tease? Will there be any shake-ups to the team’s status quo?
Honestly, we have no clue. The writers haven’t kept us in the loop. There will be some changes in the status quo, but we are as much in the dark as you are. But, the final episodes were a blast to shoot. I really can’t wait for fans to see how we pay it off this season. Fans better buckle up because it’s going to be awesome.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

More spoilery posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 3...

ragincajunsuga asked:
Really happy to see both Dinah and Laurel in the Arrowverse, and Juliana and Katie have been stellar so far this season. I'm really excited to see how their story arcs play out next season. Can you tease, Black Canary/Dinah is to Black Siren like ____ is to _____? Also does E2 Siren go by Laurel?

We’ve been “slugging” Black Siren as “Black Siren” in our scripts, but I’m getting tired of that, so we’ll probably start calling her “Laurel” in Season 6.

a-ronaldericchurch asked:
hey marc so you admit that black siren does have hand to hand combat skills because the way you used her in 5x10 made it look she didn't also did you admit that black siren was going to fight Dinah drake and felicity ?

I think you’ll like Ep. 523.

cometdefyinggravity asked:
Black Siren's name is Laurel, right? or is it something else? because I'm pretty sure the "2 truths and a lie about Laurel" was about Earth-2 Laurel and not about Earth-1 Laurel. So, I'm gonna ask the question, two truths and a lie about Black Siren in the season 5 finale?

Black Siren fights Dinah.
Black Siren fights Lance.
Black Siren fights Felicity.

ragincajunsuga asked:
The Arrowverse has really expanded over the years and with it a real repertoire of badass women. Have you ever thought of doing a crossover that mainly featured your female cast? Would love to see the likes of Supergirl, Vixen, White Canary, and Felicity take on the likes of Black Siren, Killer Frost, Dr. Light, and Talia.

We’ve talked about it.  And we’re very proud that we have so many strong women to make it possible.

hotsforlaurel asked:
How did Oliver learn to fly a plane???

Ep. 521

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Must-Watch Finales: Scoop on Your Favorite Shows
May 4, 2017
http://www.tvguide.com/special/finale-preview/gallery/must-watch-tv-finales-2017/2/

Arrow (The CW)
Airs: Wednesday, May 24 at 8/7c

Going into the finale's epic showdown between the Green Arrow and Prometheus, Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra) will remain several steps ahead of Oliver (Stephen Amell), which will only make it harder for Team Arrow to defeat him. "True to his word, Chase is going to force Oliver to face his violent past and answer the question once and for all: is he a killer or a hero?" executive producer Wendy Mericle says. "To prove he's the hero, Oliver will be forced to let go of his past, the one his father burdened him with in the pilot, and look forward to a new future and a new legacy."
As Oliver tries to begin a new chapter of his life, Arrow will close a chapter: the finale will (thankfully) mark the end of the flashbacks. "The episode is going to end with a bang, and in the process, we're finally going to see how Oliver planned his escape from Lian Yu in the unseen moments leading up to Oliver's introduction in the pilot," Mericle explains. "As Oliver leaves Lian Yu in the flashbacks, he will also be saying goodbye to Lian Yu in the present day story."
Both Manu Bennett and Katrina Law will reprise their roles as Slade Wilson and Nyssa al Ghul, respectively. When she reappears in Star City, Nyssa will go head-to-head with her sister Talia, who trained Chase to become Prometheus to avenge her father's death at Oliver's hand. Katie Cassidy will also return in the finale as Black Siren, a role she will continue in Season 6 as a series regular.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

DEATHSTROKE, NYSSA AL GHUL, MERLYN AND DIGGER HARKNESS JOIN OLVER’S BATTLE AGAINST PROMETHEUS — The battle between Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra) culminates in a final epic battle on Lian Yu. After recent events, Oliver decides to recruit a group of unlikely allies — Slade (guest star Manu Bennett), Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law), Merlyn (John Barrowman) and Digger Harkness (guest star Nick E. Tarabay) — to defeat Chase. However, Chase has his own army – Black Siren (guest star Katie Cassidy), Evelyn Sharp (guest star Madison McLaughlin) and Talia al Ghul (guest star Lexa Doig) — and the forces collide in an explosive season finale. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (AR523). Original air date 5/24/2017.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/arrow-episod-523-lian-yu-season-finale.html?m=1

Edited by Morrigan2575

More spoilery posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 4...

letswastetimeontheinternet asked:
Is Thea in the next three episodes?

Yes.

theoriginaldramaqueen asked:
Honestly as someone that stopped watching when Laurel died, I want to come back to see E-2 Laurels story. But I'm afraid that I'll be disappointed again. Can you tell me, and other hesitant fans, anything that would calm our worries?

I can tell you that we have no plans to kill Black Siren.  We’re crazy, but not that crazy.

onewomanarmy asked:
Why can't Black Siren go by the name "Dinah"?

Because we have another character called Dinah and the show is confusing enough as it is.

korianrdr asked:
hey marc i was just wondering what black siren's name is on the show since some comic book folks (who apparently have no knowledge of where black siren actually comes from lol) seem to think its laurel lance lol

When we script Black Siren, we use the name Black Siren.

cometdefyinggravity asked:
Hi! I don't know if you'll answer this because it's about Lauriver but, Oliver has been through 5 years of hell, on and off the island, and survived for Laurel. It's been shown through the flashbacks, with Laurel's picture, and Oliver said it "There were times when I wanted to die. In the end, there was something I wanted more." The finale will take place on Lian Yu, so I was wondering if Oliver will react to Black Siren, the doppelgänger of the woman he survived for, being on that same island?

Honestly, I wish we had time to tell that story because it would be cool.  But there were a lot of other plot threads that we needed to tie up in the finale.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/09/arrow-season-5-spoilers-black-siren-returns/

I am excited to have Katie Cassidy coming back to Arrow (on May 17), Black Siren is a badass villain. What can we expect? —Diana
You can expect… badass villainy. “She comes back as part of Chase’s plan,” says co-showrunner Wendy Mericle. ” Chase knows exactly what he’s doing, and he understands how unsettling seeing somebody that looks like Laurel Lance is going to be for the rest of the team,” her “dad” Quentin included. “And from a writing perspective, it’s just fun storytelling. Katie Cassidy does an amazing job as Black Siren, and seeing her take on Dinah, or her take on Lance, is going to be fun.”

Also from above May 9, 2017 TVLine article...

This will be the first Arrow season finale that does not take place in Starling City. Can we expect the same kind of intense fights, or will this be more of an emotional showdown? —Nicole
Both,” answers Wendy Mericle. “One of the fun parts of having Prometheus and Oliver going toe-to-toe this season has been they’re both really great fighters, but by the same token, Prometheus is a tremendous psychological villain and he’s going to hit Oliver right where it hurts. That’s going to be a double whammy for him in the finale.”

(edited)

Interview from backstage at Wizard World Minneapolis this past weekend...

Jon Foss & Hannah Zupfer interview John Barrowman
Published on May 9, 2017, by Jon Foss

-- When asked if Malcolm will ever cross over to Supergirl, JB: "I don't think so... It's not my decision."

-- When asked to confirm whether or not Malcolm will be coming back to Arrow, and whether or not Malcolm is in the season finale, JB: "I cannot answer any questions that are due to plot, but I can tell you that I am not going to be part of the DC universe next season."

-- When asked if Malcolm is going to be killed off, JB: "I have no idea." (Female interviewer interjected that JB just said he can't answer plot questions, but male interviewer said that he was trying to trick him.) JB: "Dude, I've been doing this for 30-odd years. You can't trick me." When asked if he's coming back, JB: "I can answer direct questions, and I don't know."

-- When asked about the Arrow season finale, JB: "Listen, what you're going to see on the finale is going to be severe awesomeness. And you're going to have to watch to find out what happens. Because there's a lot of twists and turns, and a lot of different things that are going to happen that you're - the one thing that when we do an Arrow finale, it always shocks people. So that's it." When asked to confirm that we'll be shocked, JB: "Yeah. But in a good way... And in a bad way."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/09/arrow-season-5-finale-spoilers-2/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

What can you say for the rest of Team Arrow’s role in the finale?
Well, it’s definitely going to be an all-hands-on-deck situation. Everyone is going to have to do something to help put Chase to bed finally. Everyone’s going to have a huge emotional stake in it, everyone is going to have a very big role to play. Specifically, in respect to our original Team Green Arrow, both Felicity and Dig will play crucial pieces, as well as Slade Wilson — those are the three that are going to have a lot to do with how to get in and out of this situation and how we finally put Chase where he belongs.

More spoilers in article 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Spoilery posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 9 (I can't tell if the dialogue spoiler is a real spoiler or if MG is just trolling)...

lovaticmili asked:
can you give us an olicity dialogue from Oliver's party? I can't wait to die !!!

“Kick everyone out of here so I can ravage you.”
(This line may or may not have been cut from the final episode.)

smoakingarrow25 asked:
Is the team, led by Felicity of course, gonna sing for Olivers birthday? And how huge cake is he getting?

No singing, but the cake is AWESOME.

cinfos asked:
Simple yes or no question. Will we find out how Chase new about William and his location by the end of the season?

No.

forgetabouttheory asked:
Hello Marc!!! I wanted to know if you had any plans to bring back Queen Consolidated in the future?

Not in the way you imagine.  But 521 is close…

optickaliber asked:
How close do the shots in the season finale match up with the pilot?

Pretty darn close.

all-things-interesting-tome asked:
Two truths and a lie about Thea in 523 please?

Thea has a commanding moment.
Thea gives Black Siren a hug.
Thea questions Oliver’s judgment.

alexiablackbriar13 asked:
So, do you have a plan for next season's massive crossover event yet?

We know some stuff, but I wouldn’t call it a “plan” as yet.

smoakingarrow25 asked:
Are Alena and mysterious Helix leader coming back in s6?

?

thejusticecanary asked:
Do think the fans who fell in love with E1!Laurel will appreciate the stories and or ideas you guys have planned for E2!Laurel in S6??

I honestly don’t know.

(edited)

Arrow Season 6 To Explore the Conflicts Between Being Mayor and Being Green Arrow
Russ Burlingame- 05/10/2017
http://comicbook.com/2017/05/11/arrow-season-6-oliver-mayor/

With Rene Ramirez (Rick Gonzalez) set to come in as a season regular next year, it seems there will continue to be at least two members of Team Arrow in the Mayor's office. Will it be difficult for them to explain their frequent accidents, injuries, and how often they seem to be harassed or taken hostage?

“The mayor’s office has gotten really good at covering up all that stuff, but it’s a good question,” Mericle said. “I think we’ll be able to find story ways to skirt past that, but it highlights what’s going to be a central question for season 6, which is, how can he do both? We’ve played with that in the past in different ways before, but I think that the success of what he’s done in the mayor’s office and his ability to have impact is going to raise those stakes to a different level and hopefully create some great stories.”

Arrow EP Explains Why Prometheus Keeps Getting So Personal
Russ Burlingame- 05/10/2017
http://comicbook.com/2017/05/11/arrow-prometheus-robert-queen/

“It’s very personal this year, and we wanted to do that for a number of reasons,” Mericle said. “We’ve done the city in jeopardy a lot, but it’s mostly because that’s the kind of villain that Prometheus is. He understands Oliver. He’s his equal; he’s his dark mirror. He’s the guy who can get inside his head, know exactly what buttons to push and what’s going to hurt the most. The inevitability of him going after Oliver’s loved ones was baked in the DNA of the character. WE’ve done a different villain this year. It’s not that it’s easy, but using violence — which Chase and Oliver still do throughout the season — is sort of the go-to. What’s been interesting to see this year is to see that but the underpinnings of it being so psychological and so manipulative and so built on the underpinnings of what Chase knows about Oliver and who he is. This was the perfect storm — a great way to change up the villain and to get inside of Oliver’s head in a season that we needed to. We needed him to be reflective and talking and looking back at his past, and Chase was the perfect spark to light that fire.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Spoilery posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 10...

verdantqueen52 asked:
Hi Marc, Wendey Stanzler did an exceptional job directing episode 520. I always enjoy her Arrow episodes. I also really love Arrow episodes directed by Glen Winter (missed him in season 5). I hope both of them will direct Arrow episodes in season 6!

Wendey will be back for Season 6.  Unfortunately, Glen is busy with Flash and Supergirl.  But I love them both.  Extremely talented, wonderful people.

musicallyinclinedthings asked:
Hi! Is there any chance we will see a return of the magic Oliver used in season 4 or was that a one time occurrence?

You never know, but it feels like a one-off.

hotsforlaurel asked:
Will the s6 villain be teased during the finale?

Kinda?

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Nothing new - but mentions previously leaked spoiler about Talia/Nyssa duel in 523...

Arrow: Lexa Doig on Talia al Ghul vs Nyssa, season 5 finale, and musicals
May 10, 2017 John 'Spartan' Nguyen
http://nerdreactor.com/2017/05/10/arrow-lexa-doig-talia-al-ghul-interview/

“Took a shower,” Doig jokingly tells Nerd Reactor about her preparation for the season finale. “Well… I learned my lines and… showed up to work. [laughs] I can give away nothing. I’m a vault. I’m going to say nothing.”
“There may or may not be a song or dance number,” says Lexa Doig. “I’m being completely facetious. What can they expect? To have their minds blown. There’s so much happening. I know it got leaked that Katrina and I are both in the episode and that we sort of have a face off… which we do. I can say that.”
“I think it depends on the day,” says Doig on whether or not Talia can defeat Nyssa. “Honestly I think they’re fairly evenly match. It’s very funny because Katrina Law and I were talking about what a possible backstory could be in terms of their relationship and where it left off and all these ‘actory’ kind of things that actors do. I reckon that Talia is actually quite a bit older than Nyssa as far as our relationship goes. So it’s possible that Talia even had a part in some of Nyssa’s training before she buggered off and left Nyssa with dear old dad. I think it depends on who’s had a better night sleep.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

More from Guggenheim. 

queencanaries asked:

Will there be a name-drop (like with Damien Darhk in S3) to tease who the next big bad is for Season 6? Thanks!

Maybe there already has been…

fometdefyinggravity asked:

On a scale of 1-10, how emotional are the Black Siren/Quentin Lance scenes in the upcoming episode?

I will say that I think Paul’s performance next week is his finest work of the season.

muslimsmoak asked:

Felicity didn't make the cakes and cupcakes for Oliver's birthday, did she???

She bought the cake.  And the cake is awesome.

• Love 1

Spoilers from Guggenheim's Tumblr.

smoaqueens asked:

Okay, important question: was the “kick everyone out of here so I can ravage you” line cut before or after being filmed? And if it was filmed, what do we have to do to get it in the DVDs?

I was joking. :)

lovaticmili asked:

can you PLEASE give us a REAL olicity dialogue from Oliver's party????? I love you bye

Okay, this is real:  “This is hard for you, isn’t it?”

forgetabouttheory asked:

Can you tell us what's the deal about the cake... or a hint

Two words: Gluten free.

alexiablackbriar13 asked:

This may seem like a strange request, but could you possibly post a close up pic of Oliver's birthday cake, if you have one? As a fandom, we're kind of obsessing over it at the moment. Thanks.

I will after 522 airs.

ota-olicity asked:

Did Felicity put ring inside the cake to propose to Oliver? Wink once for yes! :D

How many winks for no?

amellybett asked:

is there anything hidden in this super awesome cake?

Calories.

flowerandsunshine asked:

You keep saying the cake for Oliver's birthday is awesome. Does the cake reference Olicity and where their relationship is going by chance?

I think I said that the cake is a cool inside joke.  Which it is.

smoakd asked:

As a huge Olicity fan, from a scale of 1-10 how much will I enjoy Olicity in 522? :)

fight--for--now asked:

Do we get an Olicity alone scene during or after the party in 5.22?

During.

beemichelle7 asked:

In 5x22, will we get to see why Oliver THINKS he's going over to Felicity's?

Yes.

muslimsmoak asked:

Where did Felicity get the green decorations?

Party City.

muslimsmoak asked:

What's in the box?? (Quentin's gift to Oliver??)

Gwyneth Paltrow’s head. #duh

cometdefyinggravity asked:

Hey Marc! Can you tease something about Black Siren in next week's episode? I can't wait to see it, and I'm really glad Katie is back! She's an amazingly talented actress, and I'm looking forward to learning more about her character.

I’ll say this:  Who’s to say that Katie is playing Black Siren in Wednesday’s episode?

railover85 asked:

So I have 2 questions: 1. In this week's episode will we find out who/how Black Siren is taken out of Argus? Or is it kind of like in her first episode where she's taken out of her cell without anyone really noticing until after? And 2. So it's based on something you said before so I can start making my predictions for season 6. After we found out Prometheus' identity, did you call him Prometheus or Adrian in the scripts? Thanks!

1) Yes.

2) Our general rule on Arrow is that when the character is in their costume, they’re referred to by their codename.  When not in costume, by their “regular” name.  Same with Prometheus/Chase.

Final two episodes:

paulmc28 asked:

Hey Marc! Love the show just asking will there be much Olicity moments/screentime in the final 2 episodes?

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

smoakandarrow asked:

Okay. I'm confused on the Olicity dynamic now. Are they back together now or what?

To paraphrase Aaron Sorkin:  “There are two more episodes of Arrow left this season.  I’d watch.”

bkwurm1 asked:

Oh great and powerful Marc, keeper of our burning questions, please share your wealth of wisdom! Oliver and Anatoly go back to Lian Yu (so fun to watch these two) and Anatoly is sending a boat to "find him" in two days (while Kovar kindly keeps Oliver company, lol) But what time of the year is it currently in the flashbacks? I want to say fall since the Pilot came out in Oct 2012. Is that correct? Thank you our Wonderful Wizard.

The flashbacks in the final three episodes take place in October 2012.

Possible future storylines:

olicityaddicted asked:

Hi Marc! Is it a coincidence that we didn't see Cayden James' face or there's a reason? Thank you for your time.

It was deliberate.  :)

a-ronaldericchurch asked:

hey marc I was wondering since black siren is a series regular now will she be apart of the next 4 show crossover event this fall ?

I’m not sure.  We haven’t started figuring out the crossover yet apart from some very broad strokes.

• Love 2

From MG.

felictiyqueen asked:

Can we get more of Thea and Felicity? Willa and Emily work so well together. They play off each other well. ?

There’s a great Thea/Felicity scene in the finale.

morganaaithusa asked:

So is the "release" of the marriage between Oliver/Nyssa actually going to happen this season/finale, or was that just discussion? Since we only have the finale left.

We talked about it for the finale, but there wasn’t space for it.

almondblossomme asked:

Adrian just told us according to his plan it will be him and Oliver on the boat leaving the island? But Oliver arrived by plane.. Is Adrian conceding defeat?

Adrian doesn’t concede defeat.  He just looks very deeply into the chess board.

ninjahackergoddesssmoak asked:

Do you know what Felicity and Diggle's main arcs are going to be in season 6?

Yup.

• Love 1

Nothing new...

CW FINALES: Supergirl vs. Superman, Flash vs. Savitar, Arrow vs. Prometheus
Published on May 22, 2017, by DC Entertainment

-- Hector Navarro: "And, on the season finale of Arrow, on Wednesday night, Oliver Queen has to team up with Deathstroke, the Terminator, that's right. Slade Wilson is back. And it's not just Deathstroke. Nyssa al Ghul, Malcolm Merlyn, and Digger Harkness, a/k/a Captain Boomerang according to Cisco, all have to join Oliver Queen's fight against Prometheus. Adrian Chase has kidnapped Oliver Queen's friends and family and so - his son! - and has taken them to the island of Lian Yu, the island that Oliver was marooned on for five years. It always comes back to the island! So Oliver Queen has got to team up with Deathstroke - just like old times. Deathstroke and the baddies. But. Can Ollie really trust these guys? And, Adrian Chase is not left unawares. He's got his own team, which includes Evelyn Sharp, Talia al Ghul, and Black Siren. Whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo! Whoa! This is the big one, y'all! This is the big one. Everyone. Is on deck. For this one. So here's the deal. Deathstroke's back, right? I gotta give you guys the comic book connect - you knew it was coming. Go read it or re-read it if you already have. We're talking about the classic Teen Titans storyline, The Judas Contract, from 1984...."