Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

(edited)

'Arrow' Season 6: Who Will 'Pay a Price' For Lian Yu? David Ramsey Previews Tensions [VIDEO]
July 26, 2017  Vanessa Frith
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/for-team-arrow-the-fallout-65509.aspx

Transcribed from video in this article:

-- Per DR, you'll know in the first episode who lives and who dies.

-- DR: "I will say, there's been some damage that's happened from the island. Uh, not just the explosion but some of the repercussions that, um, it's going to take the rest of Season 6 for people to deal with. And, um, not just emotional but physical, but physical, um, injuries as well. So people will pay a price. I mean, even though that explosion, you know, some have said already it's much ado about nothing because they kinda see who survives, blah blah blah. But there's, um - it was worth it in terms of the suspense that it caused, because there's, um, a great deal of damage."

-- DR: "We pick up five months from the island and, um, it affected the characters in a profound way. Um, clearly, Oliver has a situation and, um, everyone in that - on that island who suffered through that explosion, um, will be paying a price, Diggle particularly."

-- On how long they're stranded on the island before they're rescued, DR: "That's a producer question."

-- On whether there's any reaction to the decisions that Oliver made prior to the island explosion, DR: "No... I don't think we question in terms of his leadership and what his leadership brought us to in terms of those decisions - those executive decisions he made bringing us to this point. That's not what's in question. I think what's, uh - what comes out of the island - decisions that he has to make personally that comes out of the island, uh, we start questioning that, I think. And, um, again ... I can't express enough, Diggle is profoundly affected, particularly in Season 6, by what happened on the island."

-- On whether the Diggles have resolved their marital issues, DR: "No. We're going to play with that all of Season 6. That's big, right? That's a big, big, big arc. You know, whatever you call this vigilante team, Team Arrow, um, whatever, and being married to the leader of ARGUS, that's easily a 6-episode arc right there, isn't it? I mean, she has her finger on the pulse of the Suicide Squad. And that's just good storytelling. So we're going to play with that a lot more. And this couple has been married once, divorced, married again. So this is a mature couple that's been through it before. And there was a great scene last year where they had a conversation on the couch and they kinda reached this stalemate and, um, came up against this 800-pound gorilla in the room - and actually mentioned it saying this has been our Achilles' heel. So we're going to play with that relationship a lot this season."

-- DR mentioned that he shadowed James Bamford during shooting the first episode. As to whether or not he'll direct an episode, he said that that was an "executive decision" and that he had no idea because he's just a "cog in the wheel."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Arrow' Spoilers: Will Slade's Son Become Jericho? EP Talks Season 6 
July 22, 2017  Vanessa Frith
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/arrow-sdcc-2017-will-slades-so-65462.aspx

It's time for the fathers of Arrow to tend to their children. That means Oliver and Will. That means Rene and Zoe. And yes, that means Slade and Joe. 

Unmentioned since season 1, Joe Wilson's childhood is essentially a mystery. Motherless since before Slade crash landed into a world of misfortune, bereft of a godfather following Bill Wintergreen's villainous turn, and lacking knowledge of his father's continued existence, Deathstroke's legacy presumably found himself an orphan from around the age of four. Now, viewers are wondering if he will take up the mantle of Jericho from the Tales of the Teen Titans.

We put the question to executive producer Wendy Mericle at San Diego Comic-Con.

"How can I say this? This is tricky," Mericle laughed, attempting to sidestep any major spoilers. "We will not see Jericho, but Stephen [Amell] announced that we will see Slade in season 6. The theme [of season 6] is family, so we'll delve a little more deeply into Slade's family."

Interestingly, we have Amell (Oliver) to thank for dredging Joe's name from the confines of his island days. It was the actor who proposed leveraging Slade with information about his son during "Lian Yu."  

"I pitched that idea in season 5," Amell explained. "I knew in season 5 that we were going to end on the island. I knew that we were going to end the flashbacks and we were going to end the present day on the island...I pitched the idea that that was a bargaining chip for Oliver and the writers were like, 'That's awesome!' I remember in episode 114, I remember us talking about Joe and it seemed like a good idea."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

More of the same (I believe the video in this article is of the same SA press interview that was recorded by Seat42F, which video was previously posted and transcribed upthread)...

‘Arrow’ SDCC 2017: Stephen Amell Teases Olicity, Oliver as a Dad & More
JULY 28, 2017  by ALYSSA BARBIERI
http://fangirlish.com/arrow-sdcc-2017-stephen-amell-teases-olicity-oliver-dad/

“We flash back to the immediate aftermath of 5×23,” Amell said of the season 6 premiere. It’s also going to affect Oliver “deeply.” That’s all we could get out of him.
“We haven’t seen Oliver as a dad,” Amell said. “And not only that, but a struggling dad.”
“They’re in a tremendous place,” Amell teased. “William is a thing – in a good way. But William’s a thing.”

• Love 2
(edited)

ComicBook interview with WM at SDCC...

Arrow Season 6 Premiere Will Reveal Who Lives Or Dies, Will Show Mourning [VIDEO]
by Matthew Mueller | July 29, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/29/arrow-season-6-premiere-lives-dies-mourning/

-- WM: "I think what we really wanted to do was talk about what the successes were last year and make sure that everyone knows we're going to double down on that and try to do the same kind of thing but even better in Season 6."

-- On showing Oliver as a father, WM: "It's really changed things. I mean, we're really trying to take Oliver as a character in a new direction. He's had this five years of experience being - you know, getting advice and taking wisdom from all kinds of places... Starting in Season 6 we wanted to sort of flip that dynamic and see him in a more, I don't know, paternal role... He's that way with the team and he's going to be, you know - whichever of the team survives - and he's going to be that way with his son as well. And it's just a new, interesting dynamic that will keep the character fresh and, hopefully, keep the show fresh as well."

-- On whether we'll see right away who survives and whether we'll see Oliver reacting to the potential loss, WM: "I think you're gonna see both. Um, we will get answers. You'll know by the end of the premiere who made it and who didn't. And you'll see Oliver mourning. You'll see some - you'll definitely see him going through a grieving process."

-- On what opportunities does Richard Dragon present as opposed to some other villains in the past, WM: "I think the thing we get out of Richard Dragon is a different way of approaching what worked last season, which was a very - we liked that we went back to this gritty crime drama for the show, and Richard Dragon gives us an opportunity to do that. He's from the streets, he's a fighter. He's from - you know, more from the Glades side of town. He's a gang leader. And we're going to use that to our advantage and also explore new territory. I mean, we've seen Oliver go up against a lot of people, but nobody quite like him."

-- On whether we'll see the idea of Slade Wilson's son being alive and out there as a story thread coming up, WM: "I can't tell you exactly that, but what I can say is that the theme this season is family and Slade will definitely be - whether it's in flashbacks or present day, we're not 100% sure yet, he'll be dealing with similar - a similar sort of debate and similar thematic territory."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow: Willa Holland Explains Thea's Focus If She Survives [VIDEO]
by Jenna Anderson | July 29, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/29/arrow-season-6-thea-queen-willa-holland/

-- On who survives the island explosion, WH: "Who knows? And also on this show there's a bunch of other things that can happen than being dead, as well as, even if you're dead, it doesn't mean anything. So... it sucks that we have literally nothing that we can say to you guys, but also now whatever happens in the beginning kinda also means nothing because anything is possible. Like, it's just - I have nothing else I can say on this subject."

-- On Thea's mindset after the island explosion (whether she'd think it's okay because she was helping people or whether she'd be like WTF?), WH: "Um, I think it can really go one of two ways for her, especially depending on if she's alive or not at the beginning of the season. Um, I think that she's just going to try to grapple with every piece of information that she's been given over the last, like, six months really. She's gotten handed a lot of information about herself, and about her family. And then also, her father just stepped on a mine for her. So I think her main focus, if she were to be alive and well in the beginning of the season, would be to kind of grapple with all of that." 

Edited by tv echo

Arrow: David Ramsey Shares Diggle's Parenting Advice To Oliver [VIDEO]
by Jamie Lovett | July 31, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/31/arrow-diggle-david-ramsay-parenting/

-- DR: "Diggle absolutely has some unresolved issues with Lyla. We're gonna explore that - listen, he's a vigilante married to the leader of ARGUS who has her finger on the pulse of the Suicide Squad. That's just good drama, if your really want to go into it. You know, it's a six-episode arc just by itself... Also, just in terms of how they see justice... There's a philosophy you have to have in order to be the next Amanda Waller, which Lyla Michaels is. So, um - and Diggle doesn't share that. And that's the 800-pound gorilla in the room in terms of their relationship. So we're going to get into that... If he had died on the island, he would have died with unresolved issues with Lyla, for sure."

-- On what parenting advice he can give Oliver, DR: “Well, I think - I think he and Lyla’s parenting philosophy is that, this is who they are. And, uh, what they do helps protect American interests and, um, that’s that. They’re soldiers. And everything else is after that. So , um, I think that would be his talk to Oliver - that even though he has a son, this is what he does, and that’s it. And I think he’s made his amends - his peace with that, Diggle has. So I think that would be his advice. That’s hard advice, but I think that’s how he gets out of bed every night knowing that he has a wife and child that could be compromised because of what he does.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Belle Gaudreau's phone interview with MG (I do not know who Belle is or how she was able to get this interview)...

Arrow, Legends Of Tomorrow & Trollhunters Producer Marc Guggenheim Interview
Published on Jul 28, 2017, by BelleRinger

-- MG said that his favorite seasons of Arrow are probably S2 and S5.

-- On what fans should expect from S6 of Arrow, MG: "It's very hard to talk about Season 6 because of the way Season 5 ended. Season 5 was, you know, such a cliffhanger in terms of, you know, almost everyone on the show being, uh, placed in jeopardy. One thing I've discovered is it's really, really difficult to talk about, uh, Season 6 without spoiling anything... I think the thing I like about Season 6 as it slowly starts to develop is it really feels like a continuation of Season 5... The first five seasons were always - we always said, we wanted each season to have its own identity and to be able to sort of tune in, you know, randomly to any episode and then, you know, immediately know which season - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - you were watching... I guess with Season 6 I kinda lost interest in doing that. I was more interested in - I really like the version of the show that we were doing in Season 5. I felt like, we leaned into a lot of our strengths and, uh, I think, you know, when we were talking about Season 6 and planning it out, I started thinking more in terms of like, rather than doing it different from Season 5, just doing it better than Season 5. Uh, I became more enamored with the idea of topping Season 5, rather than do something radically different from it."

-- When asked about John Barrowman's departure, MG talked about how almost every character who's died on the show has come back because they have time travel, alternate universes, etc. MG also used KC as an example: "When her character died on Arrow Season 4, we didn't have any plans to bring her back as Black Siren, but we said, look, there's alternate universes, there's time travel, um, there's even the animated CW Seed series, you know. And actually, Katie's first return to the universe was to provide the voice of Laurel Lance on, you know, Vixen Season 2... I think she recorded that after she had already wrapped on Arrow Season 4... So it's never goodbye, it's always see you later."

-- MG said that he's working on Arrow, LoT, Trollhunters and X-Men, but that there's other projects that haven't been announced yet so he can't talk about them.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow’ Producers Already Have Plans For Season 7 [TCA 2017]
Posted on Thursday, August 3rd, 2017 
http://www.slashfilm.com/arrow-producers-already-have-plans-for-season-7-tca-2017/

... While previewing season six with the Television Critics Association after a panel for Legends, producer Marc Guggenheim, who also co-created and produces Arrow, said the Arrow writers already have ideas for season seven.

“We’ve already started talking about ooh, we have a shape for season seven already,” Guggenheim said. “This is the earliest we’ve ever had an idea for a season that far ahead, but it’s come out of our conversations about season six.”

Beyond season seven, it may be time to begin thinking about giving Arrow a proper series finale. However, when that inevitable time comes, Guggenheim would not require long-term planning to deliver the ending he and co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg have planned.

“I think we’ve always had an endpoint in mind,” Guggenheim said. “We’ve always known how we want to end the show. That end point doesn’t require X number of seasons. If we had to, we could work towards it as long as we knew with enough leeway, we could work towards the moment we’ve been talking about since day one.”

ARROW: SEASON 6 WILL STILL SEE OLIVER QUEEN WITH A TEAM ARROW DESPITE DEATHS
TERRI SCHWARTZ  2 AUG 2017
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/02/arrow-season-6-will-still-see-oliver-queen-with-a-team-arrow-despite-deaths

"The whole idea behind the cliffhanger is that there are consequences to the explosions on the Island that affect Oliver and affect the surviving members of his team. Spoiler alert: we didn't kill off everyone except for Oliver and one person," Guggenheim told reporters at the summer 2017 TV Critics' Association press tour. "He still will have a team, just the question is what is the composition of that team, and how are they all affected by the trauma of what happened at the end of last year. I like to say, for us, it's more than a binary thing of who lives and who dies. There are consequences that we're also playing around as a result of what happens at the end there."
So just how many deaths will there be? Guggenheim stayed coy, but he did state: "Both Laurel [Black Siren] and Dinah survive. Beyond that, you've got to tune in and watch."

Though Season 6 has yet to premiere, the Arrow creative team actually has already conceptualized an idea for Season 7, which Guggenheim says is "the earliest we've ever had an idea for a season that far ahead, but it's come out of our conversations about Season 6." The topic came up when Guggenheim was asked if there is a plan for bringing Arrow to an end, and he said the writing team has always had "an endpoint in mind."
"We've always known how we want to end the show. That endpoint doesn't require X number of seasons," he said. "Let's say the ratings completely tank and Season 6 is the last season; we could work toward it as long as we knew with enough leeway. We could work toward the moment that we always knew about since Day 1. I always say when you get into any season, especially at this point, the ratings and the feedback and the network -- my instinct is we'll get sense halfway through the season how many more seasons we think we might get. We have a lot of ideas that can expand or contract depending."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: SEASON 3'S SUPERNATURAL VILLAIN RECRUITS GORILLA GRODD
TERRI SCHWARTZ  2 AUG 2017
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/02/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-season-3s-supernatural-villain-recruits-gorilla-grodd

Additionally, Paul Blackthorne is hoped to appear as Quentin Lance in Season 3, episode 5 (though that's not officially locked in), and Wentworth Miller is coming back as a "bizarro" version of Captain Cold. Klemmer confirms they're still actively campaigning for Matt Ryan's Constantine to appear on Legends of Tomorrow as well.

The CW’s first DC show, “Arrow,” has cast Sydelle Noel in a recurring role for its sixth season, Variety has learned exclusively. Noel will play Samandra Watson, an FBI agent who will be investigate Oliver Queen’s connection to the Green Arrow.

Producers are pegging Samandra as “intelligent and poised with a no nonsense attitude.” She is a woman who won’t rest until Green Arrow’s secrets are revealed.

• Love 3

There has been a lot of hinting and build-up to Arrow‘s Felicity starting up her own company, Smoak Tech. Are there plans for this in Season 6? —Aurora
“That was something we wanted to do last year, and then we got sort of seduced by the Helix storyline,” co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim explained to me. “I would say that people wanting that storyline will be happy, but for reasons that I think will be very obvious, it can’t be called Smoak Technologies. And all those clever readers who are like, ‘That’s because she’ll be changing her last name to Queen,’ it’s not Queen Technologies, either.”

Have anything new to share about Arrow‘s Slade sticking around? —R.J.
It appears Oliver will make good on his offer to his frenemy, in trade for his help against Adrian Chase, seeing as the CW series is currently seeking an Aussie lad to fill the guest-starring role of an “introverted, moody and naturally athletic” teenager.

http://tvline.com/2017/08/09/arrow-season-6-spoilers-felicity-slade-son/

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 4

Another late published media report from SDCC...

Arrow: Why Juliana Harkavy Loves Her Black Canary Costume
August 10, 2017  by Lauren Gallaway
http://www.cbr.com/arrow-juliana-harkavy-black-canary-costume/

Though she’s not officially the new Black Canary (yet), it’s clear from her name, her canary cry, and new superhero suit, Dinah Drake is ready to take on the role of the Black Canary. Speaking with the press at Comic-Con International in San Diego, actor Juliana Harkavy discussed her creative input in crafting her character’s new super-suit, what it’s like to play superhero for the first time, and her excitement at the prospect of developing a love interest for Dinah.

“It’s awesome,” Harkavay enthused about her new costume, which debuted just before Comic-Con kicked off. “Maya [Mari] did an awesome job. It looks amazing. It almost looks like — even the bow staff that goes with it — it looks amazing and moving and fluid. It’s comfortable, which is also great. It makes you feel like a total badass. Maya had the whole costume designed but there were bits and pieces that asked, ‘How does this make you feel, how does this make you stand,’ so there was a bit of playing around. When we finally landed on it, it just it felt right. It is her.”

“I did a lot of research,” the actor said of her character and how she developed Dinah for the screen. “I really wanted to make it my own. I’ve been slowly reading to see — I didn’t want to be too influenced.” Asked if she will continue to clash with Black Siren, Harkavy replied, “Yes. I love our fighting! Our fight scenes last year were so fun to shoot. I imagine so, yeah.”
Asked about her take on the fan reaction to her character essentially replacing Dinah Laurel Lance, Harkavy had nice things to say. “It’s been really welcoming. It’s been very warm and positive and supportive. Any negativity that I’ve experienced — I can’t even really say that is has been negative, because I get where it was coming from. A lot of it was loyalty to a character fans now believe is gone. You can’t be upset for someone’s loyalty to a character, as an actor that’s a gift to see fans care that much.”

In Season 5, Dinah Drake was a rough-around-the-edges kind of character who, before she met Team Arrow, had spent years tracking down her partner and lover’s killer. Harkavy said those edges will start to wear down a bit, as she becomes more comfortable with her new Arrow family. “Being part of a team, having a family for the first time and not just being out for revenge but actually, having a purpose. For her city, and her family — it’s going to change her, soften her in some ways, which is cool because I like playing that. She’s such a badass, she’s so hard, she has something now inside that’s like a soft spot.”

One of the people with whom Dinah got close to last season was Diggle. Asked if their friendship will continue to grow in Season 6, Harkavy said, “I loved it. I really hope it continues. They have a closeness. They get along well. They’re real with each other. I would love to see that relationship evolve.” Their relationship will not be evolving past friendship, however, as some fans may have wondered. Dinah will have a love interest though, which Harkavy said she was excited to explore. “I love the idea of her having a love interest. I think it’s a side of her we haven’t really seen before. All we know of her love life is that she had a terrible experience and lost someone she really cared about. I think it will be good for her.” Who is the mystery man? Not even Harkavy knows… yet.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Manu Bennett Had Arrow EP Change A Scene To Make Deathstroke More Badass [VIDEO]
by Russ Burlingame | August 11, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/11/manu-bennett-had-arrow-ep-change-a-scene-to-make-deathstroke-mor/

Manu Bennett, who plays Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson on Arrow, told MYM Buzz that he asked for a minor change to the season 6 premiere to make sure his vision of Slade was accurately represented -- and producers agreed with him.

-- MB: "It's interesting because, you know, like, there's like a whole bunch of new characters on that show. To be honest, in the first episode - which I can't really talk about, can I? But there was this moment where I'm meant to be with the rest of them. You know, and the scene was written that, you know, the group and Slade/Deathstroke run off together. And I said to - I said to Marc Guggenheim - I said, 'Is this going to be a musical?' (laughs) ... No, but I asked him, I said, 'It sort of doesn't feel right, does it?' Marc agreed with me and so there's a very specific scene where I say - it's in the trailer, there's a trailer that's out now for Season 6. (Cut to video clip from trailer where Felicity runs up to Slade and says, "Hey, Oliver says there's a boat on the eastern shore," and Slade replies, "You lot won't make it in time. I'll take my own chances.") ... And I say, 'I'm gonna - I'm gonna' - what's the word? I say, uh, 'you guys will never get off this island in time' or something like that. 'I'll take my own chances.' Yeah, and I walk off. And I'm kind of just wanting to preserve the strength of the relationship between Slade and Oliver, just on that level, because it's such a sort of stand-alone little relationship, that I just don’t want to get caught up in the group and be like ‘Hey, high five! Yeah!’ Anyway, you'll see it in the first episode.”

Manu Bennett Explains "We Live in Two Worlds" Line From Arrow Season 6 Trailer [VIDEO]
by Russ Burlingame | August 11, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/11/manu-bennett-explains-we-live-in-two-worlds-line-from-arrow-seas/

During a recent appearance on MYM Buzz at the MCM Comic Con in London, Bennett was quizzed about a particular line from the trailer, and said that while it obviously has different connotations in the script, he was playing it as talking to Stephen Amell about the challenges of fame.

-- MB: "You know, it's interesting, when I was looking at Steve's face when I did that scene, I looked at Stephen. I didn't look at Oliver. I looked at Stephen Amell. And when I played the scene, I wanted to find as much truth in it as I could. And I remember looking at Stephen - like he's got kids and I've got kids, and half the time I kind of like have this mixed relationship with Stephen Amell. He's kind of a quiet guy, and he and me don't talk that much, to be honest. Right? He's very busy. Everyone wants to talk to him. He's number one on the call sheet. And we don't - we don't really talk that much. We shake hands. We know we work well together. We know it. I know he knows it. And I know it. But when I was looking at his face in that scene, and it's such a great line - 'We walk in two worlds, you and I, but it can’t go on forever.’ What a statement. What a great statement to say to another man. You know, and it can mean so many things. But when I looked at Steve, it was - one thing that - one thing that - because I don’t know him that well, but I’ve watched his Twitter feeds and stuff over the last couple of months, and he was on holidays and he was with his kids. And I’ve got three girls. And, like, you know, as an actor, it’s such a bullsh*t world - sorry, kid. Right? All this fame or whatever the hell it is, you know, it makes no sense. It makes no sense, but we have to live with it. And he has to live with it. And I know that once he went to Hawaii and stayed in a hotel and he got so hit by fans all over the place that he had to move out of that hotel and go to another hotel. And, you know, I know that in his real life that he probably struggles with that fame. Right? So when I said to him that line, I kind of slipped out of being Slade and Oliver. I slipped - I sort of meant to be Manu and Stephen Amell. And I looked at him and I said to him, ‘We live in two worlds, you and I. But it can’t go on forever.’ And I spoke to him, and it was a beau - it was a really great moment. But not on my shot. When I did it on my shot, I was a bit tense. I did two takes myself and both times I went 'ah f**k', I'm just too - they shot my direction first. I wish it was like Crash - like the movie Crash - when they had De Niro and Pacino, they put two cameras on them, so they could get the real moment. They shot me, then they shot him. And when they shot Steve's side, I got it right."

Edited by tv echo

FYI, SA said at HVFF-Nashville (July 8) that Oliver would have a new apartment this season..

Arrow Season 6: Is This A New Look At Oliver's New Apartment?
by Jenna Anderson | August 12, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/12/arrow-season-6-oliver-queen-new-apartment/

Reddit user Demetrius96 recently shared a screencap from Amell's Instagram story, which appears to be taken from Arrow's set. You can check it out below.
This isn't the first sneak peek we've gotten at the apartment, as the scene between Oliver and William from the Season 6 trailer appears to take place in that room. And while the Instagram story only shows a small slice of the room Amell is in, it looks pretty similar to what was shown in the trailer - just in much better lighting.

u5oltm8ackez.png

Edited by tv echo

From SDCC 2017 - DC All Access talked to only SA, JH, KC, MG and RG in this video (just posted yesterday)...

ARROW: Cast Talks Season 6 Premiere
Published on Aug 14, 2017, by DC Entertainment

-- SA: "Where do we find Oliver at the beginning of Season 6? We find him at a little bit of an impasse with trying to be a dad. Uh, we also begin the unpacking of what happened in 523."

-- JH: "We find her [Dinah], um, definitely recovering from Lian Yu. You know, at the beginning of Season 6, everybody is - is finding their footing. Uh, you know, we had these huge massive explosions, so it's a recovery."

-- KC: "And I think that going into some - there will be some flashbacks, obviously, of what happened, how they got off the island. I think there'll be some opportunities to see Black Siren and the Black Canary again. And definitely moments that I think that are shocking, and people are going to be very surprised. And I think it'll be really interesting things to be able to explore her world and her back story. It's like peeling an onion and peeling back the layers, and why she is the way that she is. And I think it'll bring some characters closer, for sure."

-- MG: "Every year we always jump high. Uh, there's always a five-month gap usually between the season finale and the season premiere. And we always try to honor that real-life time jump. But what we are gonna do is, in the midst of the episode, we're gonna flash back to the moments right before and right after the, uh, finale of Season 5."

-- RG: "This is gonna be an interesting season in terms of picking up where we left of and trying to see who survives the island and how they survived the island and what does that mean to the team."

-- JH: "I think that Dinah is really becoming more of a team player. Um, she has a little more of a soft spot in her heart now because she has people that she loves around her. Uh, she's also developing a new passion for justice for her city, for her profession as a cop. So all of those things are going to, um - to affect sort of how she composes herself."

-- SA: "The subtle changes in Oliver this year have been really satisfying for me as an actor. I want new things to happen for him. You know what I mean? And they seem to be. Which is good."

-- MG: "There are several different fallouts. Um, that's why the title of the season premiere is actually 'Fallout.' Because a lot of it, uh, you know, the premiere deals with the repercussions of what happened on Lian Yu at the end of Season 5. And there's - you know, I don't want to spoil anything because I think a big part of the fun of the premiere is seeing what happened, who lived, who died. Um, I will say that there are also other kinds of consequences, apart from just living and dying. There's other things also that can and do happen, uh, as a result of the explosions."

-- RG: "What I'm hoping for, just personally for me, like, going back to Season 5 and just kinda seeing how Rene was set up and, you know, all the feelings that, you know, and the struggles that he had. I really like the idea that Rene started off really rough around the edges and - and just had a lot of pain and stuff. And - and I love the idea of the team helped him to kinda open up in a way. So I'm hoping that maybe for this season we kinda see more of him opening up, more of him kinda becoming more whole and being more of an asset to the team. And, who knows, maybe there's room for him to be a dad again. I don't know. I mean, he still has his daughter out there in the world. So, I don't know, that'd be kinda cool to see."

Edited by tv echo

This is just Showbiz Junkies' transcription of their press roundtable interview with WH at SDCC. Video of this interview (with my transcription) was previously posted upthread. However, this article fills in some unintelligible words from my transcription. This was her "Things happen... blah, blah, blah" interview...

‘Arrow’ Season 6: Willa Holland Interview on Thea’s Strength and Independence
BY REBECCA MURRAY ON AUGUST 15, 2017
https://www.showbizjunkies.com/tv/arrow-willa-holland-interview-season-6/

Can we assume because you’re here Thea is alive?
Willa Holland: “See, don’t assume that. That’s the thing though. We’re pulling a Walking Dead right now where they did the same one season where everyone was kind of up in the air about who was going to die – and it was clear that it was going to be somebody. But, you can’t let anybody have any indication on who that is so everyone has to be here. Don’t read into this, by any means. This is not the answer.”

Thea’s made some peace about her family’s past and her parents, so how will that affect her if she does move forward?
Willa Holland:
“You know, I really hope that she just continues taking herself into more strong, independent areas of her life rather than succumbing to kind of the amount of turmoil that she’s been under. She’s done a very good job, I think, of inevitably taking all the struggle and the torment and everything that she’s kind of been through and channeling that into something positive. Or, at least trying to. I really hope that she continuously does that and doesn’t succumb to any kind of negative things.

My favorite part about her is that she always has evolved and taken things very strongly and independently as a woman, rather than dependently. She’s never really become dependent on any certain person or thing, really. For a second it was Roy but even there she found her own independence. So, I think it’s really important the fact that she’s at least one of the strong, independent female characters in the show. My biggest hope for her is that she always stays that way.”
Is there anyone you hope Thea has more scenes with or even in the past wished you’d shared more scenes with over the seasons?
Willa Holland:
“I’ve always hoped that she’d be a lot nicer to Rick Gonzalez’ character. That’s something that I really want to happen. And, let’s see, more Felicity time, more hanging out with Echo (Kellum) and David (Ramsey). I mean, I miss everybody in the bunker, totally. It’s not like I don’t want to be down there; it’s just circumstance. Things happen and you know it makes sense here and there, blah, blah, blah, so… Who knows? I got nothing for you when it comes to season six. (Laughing) I can’t allude to any future things, just hopes and dreams.”

Edited by tv echo

Hollywood Outbreak podcast interview with SA (posted Aug. 18, 2017)...
http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2017/08/18/stephen-amell-arrow-is-hitting-its-marks-in-season-6/

-- SA: "I feel like we hit the ground running this year. I really do. I feel like we took the momentum of Season 5 and carried it into the first couple of episodes of Season 6. One of my favorite parts about - my jaw has not dropped when I've been reading a script. That happens every once in a while. It happened last year with episode 509. It was like, 'oh my god, he kills Billy.' Rest in peace, Billy. Um, but, uh, no - the first, like, three scripts that I've read, they're really tight, they're really action packed, they're really moving the story forward. But it also feels like we're taking our time, which is something I feel like we've earned. Um, taking our time is cool."

Edited by tv echo

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on The Flash, Grey's Anatomy, This Is Us, Scandal, Supernatural, Lucifer, Chi Fire and More
By Michael Ausiello / August 23 2017, 10:42 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/08/23/this-is-us-season-2-spoilers-jack-kid-young-flashback/

Question: Since Episode 5 of The Flash is called “Girls Night Out,” is there a chance the girls will actually speak to each other? And might they do so at a party in anticipation of a certain wedding? —Tatiana
Ausiello
: Thanks for your question, Tats. (BTW, nice work on that Orphan Black finale.) Here’s what Flash EP Todd Helbing had to say about Ep 5: “It’s really fun. The girls [including a visiting Felicity Smoak] go and have a night out in Central City alone, without the guys. And they get into some trouble.” And to the second part of your Q about the possibility of the outing being a bachelorette party for the potential future Mrs. West-Allen, Helbing responds with a laugh, “Possibly.”
Question: Any possibility of having an all-girls mission during Season 6 of Arrow? —L.A.
Ausiello
: “You know, we always talk about that — across all the shows. And it’s totally possible,” Arrow boss Marc Guggenheim answers. “But truth be told, I wouldn’t want to do it unless we could figure out a way to get Sara (played on Legends by Caity Lotz) in there as well. One of my favorite episodes was 406, where we had Speedy, Black Canary and Canary all fighting side-by-side-by side together, and that was a blast. Seeing three badass women was really, really awesome. [An all-girls mission] is on our ‘bucket list,’ but I really want to figure out a way to get Sara in there as well.”

Arrow Boss Teases Michael Emerson's 'Fantastic' Debut as Mystery Villain
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 27 2017, 6:00 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/08/27/arrow-season-6-preview-michael-emersons-mystery-villain/

As trumpeted at the San Diego Comic-Con last month, Emerson is set to recur during Season 6 (premiering Thursday, Oct. 12 at 9/8c) in an undisclosed mystery role. During TVLine’s Fall Preview Q&A with co-showrunner Wendy Mericle, it was confirmed that Emerson will be playing one of at least two main threats to Oliver Queen, another being Fringe alum Kirk Acevedo’s Ricardo Diaz (who is inspired by DC Comics’ Richard Dragon).

“This character that we’re having [Michael] play is somewhat similar to people has has played in the past,” Mericle shared. “But we had many conversations with him about how to make it different, and what elements we could bring to the character to change it up.”

On The Practice (where future Arrow co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim first met the actor), Emerson won his first Emmy Award for guest-starring as serial killer William Hinks. It was during Season 2 of Lost that he debuted as enigmatic puppet master Benjamin Linus, while on Person of Interest he starred as the extreeeeemly computer-savvy (Cayden James-like?) Harold Finch.

Whatever Emerson is now up to on Arrow, the bosses are loving what they’re seeing. “He is a dream to work with, and I think he’s doing an amazing job,” raves Mericle. “We’ve seen some dailies of some of his episodes and he’s just fantastic. He’s a really understated, subtle actor, and that brings a different energy on set. It’s great.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2