Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

Aired during last night's Vixen special on The CW...

Arrow Season 6 Producer's Preview 

DCTV "Super Season" Trailer (2017) The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

Edited by tv echo

Interview with Marc teasing things about s6 and a bit for LoT.

http://collider.com/marc-guggenheim-interview-arrow-season-6-trollhunters-season-2/#images

Some notes (sorry I'm no tv echo):

• Felicity is going into a business as her plot going into s6 (that they wanted to do last year, but they got more interested in developing Helix)
  • They have an idea for a 6b plot for Felicity but he doesn't want to share anything about it other than it's not connected to Oliver or the team similar to their idea of structuring the Helix plot for s5 (one of their intentions is to let Felicity have a plot not about her relationship with Oliver)
  • They are figuring out 609 now
  • s6 theme is family, both related and found family
  • He didn't want to confirm or deny Thea being alive after 523
  • They have a new soundstage
  • Slade is not necessarily "redeemed" as much as he's now in more control of his faculties, but you never know what he's really going to do. 
  • DC wouldn't let them use Deathstroke again until 523
  •  Michael Emerson was actually in talks to appear last year but schedules didn't work out, but MG is still mum onto who ME's playing
  • MG doesn't think the idea of switching big bads in the middle of the season works for Arrow but is saying that their idea for the villains this year does shake things up compared to previous seasons
  • There will be a good amount of romance this season (as a season, but Marc took the question essentially as asking about Olicity before the interviewer elaborated about it being just romance in general for the season)
  • Also includes a bunch of fun bts tidbits about production without any spoilers 
  • Love 8

From the print issue of the new TV Guide Magazine ("Returning Favorites" Double Issue, Sept. 18-Oct. 1, 2017)...

Arrow
... Which members of Team Arrow survived the explosions on the island of Lian Yu? Season 6 resumes in current time to give the answer and then flashes back to revisit the aftermath of last season's finale. They're going to need strong numbers to go up against Black Siren (Katie Cassidy), plus another villain being billed as the most dastardly the show's heroes have faced yet.

http://tvline.com/2017/09/13/arrow-season-6-spoilers-oliver-son-dinah-black-canary/amp/

In real life, any mayor revealed to have a secret child would cause a PR scandal. On Arrow, what will be Star City’s reaction to William? —Yessenia
While acknowledging that the idea of a scandal “is a great idea,” co-showrunner Wendy Mericle said, “We are definitely exploring this notion of what is it like for Oliver to have a kid and be in the spotlight in the city. We are going to be using that as a platform to tell some stories, because it’s just a natural place to go. It gives us an opportunity to tell political stories from a different perspective.”

Will Arrow’s Dinah’s finally, fully embrace the Black Canary identity, or will she struggle with that? —Marcela
Rest assured, with her new costume comes a new confidence. “One of the things that Julianna [Harkavy] has been bringing this season is exactly that,” EP Wendy Mericle told me. “She’s no longer the newbie on the team, she has a definite point of view — and I can tell you that that point of view and her new swagger is going to have some real consequences for the team down the road. Look out for that in the middle of the season.”

Edited by Morrigan2575

In real life, any mayor revealed to have a secret child would cause a PR scandal. On Arrow, what will be Star City’s reaction to William? —Yessenia
While acknowledging that the idea of a scandal “is a great idea,” co-showrunner Wendy Mericle said, “We are definitely exploring this notion of what is it like for Oliver to have a kid and be in the spotlight in the city. We are going to be using that as a platform to tell some stories, because it’s just a natural place to go. It gives us an opportunity to tell political stories from a different perspective.”

Will Arrow’s Dinah’s finally, fully embrace the Black Canary identity, or will she struggle with that? —Marcela
Rest assured, with her new costume comes a new confidence. “One of the things that Julianna [Harkavy] has been bringing this season is exactly that,” EP Wendy Mericle told me. “She’s no longer the newbie on the team, she has a definite point of view — and I can tell you that that point of view and her new swagger is going to have some real consequences for the team down the road. Look out for that in the middle of the season.”

http://tvline.com/2017/09/13/arrow-season-6-spoilers-oliver-son-dinah-black-canary/amp/

EXCLUSIVE: ARROW Star Juliana Harkavy Discusses Suiting Up As Black Canary In Season 6
Josh Wilding | 9/14/2017
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/arrow/exclusive-arrow-star-juliana-harkavy-discusses-suiting-up-as-black-canary-in-season-6-a153834

... You'll be able to check out our full interview with the actress tomorrow but here's what she said about finally donning that costume.

"Well, we found out pretty soon into season five that there would be a costume. It was funny because we were actually trying to find a place where it would be the right time for her to be in full costume and it just didn't feel right. We knew we had to wait and that she was still coming into her own and still wasn't fully accepting the mantle. So, when it was time to actually do it and put it on, it was actually quite emotional the first time because I felt like I had grown as a person in real life as well as how Dinah came into her own and was ready, so yeah, it was a very cool and exciting moment to put it on."

As for what we should expect when it comes to Dinah's powers now that she has a device which will allow her to better control those, Juliana explained that it will play a pivotal role in the character's journey to becoming a better fighter and using them in some new and very creative sounding ways. 

"I think it's going to part of her training as she improves as a fighter and uses her skills as a more powerful and controlled weapon. It was just a stepping stone for her to expand her abilities and that will continue for sure as she works on getting better and stronger."

Sounds pretty cool, right? Tomorrow, you'll be able to find Juliana's thoughts on everything from a Green Arrow/Black Canary romance to her battles with Black Siren, the demanding stunt work which playing a hero like this requires, her hopes for this year's Arrowverse crossover, and much, much more....

Edited by tv echo

Exclusive Interview – Juliana Harkavy on Arrow, her character Dinah Drake, and more
SEPTEMBER 15, 2017 BY ALEX MORELAND 
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/09/exclusive-interview-juliana-harkavy-on-arrow-her-character-dinah-drake-and-more/

Do you have any hopes at where you’d like to see the role go across the next season?
Definitely more scenes of seeing her train and training her physical strength. I think we should explore her as an athlete, as she’s a very skilled athlete. So just training her physically is what I’m very excited about. And also see how her relationships with the other characters grow and maintain.

I suppose that kind of leads on to my next question – because this is a programme with a big ensemble cast, what do you think makes Dinah stand out amongst them?
She came in as an individual and now she’s part of a team, and seeing her being part of the team, you know, she just approaches things differently and I think she’s a natural leader. I feel she doesn’t consciously try to be the leader, and it’s not that she doesn’t respect that they have a clear captain, but she does have a sense of “I am the leader”, and I think she tries to take the reins somewhat.

Have you worked with Katie Cassidy yet? Because I understand she’s coming back this year as well.
Yeah, we have worked together. She’s really just taught me a lot. She’s the one who taught me everything to know about the show, she’s very on top of it; I try to watch what she’s telling me to do.

Edited by tv echo

Full ComicBookMovie.com interview with JH (also posted by @insomniadreams88 on page 1601 of Spoiler Discussion thread)...

EXCLUSIVE: Juliana Harkavy On Playing Black Canary In ARROW Season 6, Battling Black Siren, And DCTV Crossover
Josh Wilding | 9/15/2017
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/arrow/exclusive-juliana-harkavy-on-playing-black-canary-in-arrow-season-6-battling-black-siren-and-dctv-crossover-a153830

The trailer for season six showed a rematch between the two of you; will a rivalry between the two be an ongoing plot point this year? 
Absolutely. I'm not sure where it's going to go in season six but I think her reemergence is definitely going to have an impact on the team. The fact that it's going to be Siren vs. Canary and the new against the old makes for a really cool dynamic that they're going to keep playing with. 

In the comics, Green Arrow and Black Canary have quite the romance; with Laurel no longer around, is that something you'd be interested in exploring in the show?
[Laughs] I love everything that pays homage to the original comics and I think that's really cool but in terms of the show and what Dinah is going through, I don't know if she's ready for something like that with Oliver or anyone. I think if that were to happen, it would be so far down into the future. I don't know if it would even happen! But if it does, I think it would be very cool as it's such a great homage to the original stories.

You missed out on the big four show crossover last year so is that something you're excited to be part of next time and who would you like to see Dinah cross paths with? 
I would love to see Dinah interact with Barry Allen just because their energies are so different. They shoot The Flash right next door to us so I've now befriended a lot of those people in real-life. I'm really excited to work with them and I can't wait for the crossover. It's coming up soon actually. 

Would you like to see Dinah follow the first Black Canary by making the leap to a show like Legends of Tomorrow
I think Dinah and Black Canary are so connected to Arrow and that story and mythology, I just don't know if I would fully drop her out there because that's her team and they're part of what forms her at this point in the game. I would love to have her be part of the other shows to go save some lives on other worlds and stuff. That would be fun! 
As the show's third Canary, were you ever concerned with how the fans would react to you? 
I didn't know what to expect. I guess I did expect that some people might be upset or surprised by the change but it was very few and far between in terms of negative reactions. Fans were very supportive for the most part and anybody who was upset did seem to do it out of love for the show and character which I can't be mad at anybody for. As an actor, that's a really good thing to see. It was really a very positive experience with the fans. 

It's been said that season six will feature flashbacks for different characters. Would you be interested in exploring more of Dinah's backstory?
Definitely. As you mentioned, she came in so late last season, she kind of appeared as an enigma nobody knew with a meta power which allowed her to become the Canary and be part of the team but her story was only told in bits and pieces. I think she's a very dynamic character and I think she has a lot going on in her personal life, so it will be great to explore that so people can feel like they know her more. 
Looking ahead to season six, what should we expect from Dinah when Arrow returns?
Well, Dinah is definitely finding herself in season six. She's learning how to recover after what happens at the end of season five, come back together, and become a solid unit with everyone. She's settling in and the theme of season six is family, so she's learning how to become a team player and not just focus on her own endeavours anymore and build a unit with the team. 

Edited by tv echo

Superhero Insider - Superhero News, Music, Trailers & More
September 15, 2017  Kyle Anderson & Natalie Abrams
https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/superhero-insider-superhero-news-music-trailers-more

-- Natalie said that Slade Wilson's son has been cast (for that Slade two-parter). Liam Hall (Camp, Lucifer) will play Joe Wilson, not to be confused in Grant Wilson (who appeared in LoT's "Star City 2046" episode). This is the Joe Wilson who was mentioned in S1 of Arrow, when Slade told Oliver that he made Billy Wintergreen the godfather to his son Joe. He's grown up now and he's joined the Australian secret service (intelligence service), just like his dad. After years of brutal combat, Joe finds himself in a remote Kaznian prison under the alias "Kane Wolfman," fighting for his life. It will be a two-parter.

-- SA made the point to Natalie that "Laurel Lance is the most famous dead person in Star City." So if Black Siren is reintroduced to public life (either by being redeemed or by being full on villain), then how will the show unpack that? That she is alive and is the bad guy. Kyle noted that that would affect Oliver both as Mayor and as Green Arrow.

-- Natalie liked the way the Arrow trailer ended with the GA jumping off a bridge. SA told her that they did that stunt by having the stunt man literally jump off the bridge. She said that SA also told her that they're staying focused on stories within the limits of Star City. Natalie gave James Bamford credit for keeping the show gritty and grounded. 

Edited by tv echo

Arrow season 6: Rick Gonzalez interview
Rob Leane   Sep 18, 2017
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/arrow/51598/arrow-season-6-rick-gonzalez-interview

I’m guessing, because you’re still on the show, that Rene didn’t blow up at the end of season 5?
Ha! Well, I hope not. Listen, they made me a series regular and they brought me back, but, you know, the interesting part about this show is, like, Marc [Guggenheim] and Wendy [Mericle, the producers] have a way of crafting the story using flashbacks and different ways of telling a story without having to, you know, keep a character alive. So, I mean, that’s the truth. There’s so many characters that have left and disappeared and come back. So, in this universe anything’s possible. So, everyone has to tune in to see.

As you say, you’ve been put up to series regular this year. Congratulations. I was just wondering, as ‘series regular’ is one of those terms you hear a lot, what does it translate to, for you, in terms of your time? Does it feel like you’re working on the show a lot more? How does it compare to last year?
The workload is the same, pretty much, I would imagine. You know, I was really surprised last season, with the way they introduced Team Arrow and how involved we were last year. It was really exciting. Because I really felt included in the entire season, you know. I felt, as a new character, and as a new actor on the show, I was immediately thrust into the world of Arrow and everything that was happening. And that was exciting, because in turn, we were instrumental in kind of using the new season 5, you know, creating a new energy and a new vibe. So that was great.

I look back on season 5 and I’m proud of it. I feel like we delivered a really strong season, you know, where there’s a lot of action, there’s a great story, great episode, great storylines, and that culminated in a really epic season finale. So, I’m excited. I’m excited about returning and kind of staying on the trajectory we created with season 5. I think we did a really great job of kinda like, you know, establishing the theme and our strengths.
And just to talk about the future, as much as you can... a lot of the new characters get a new superhero suit every season. Do you think Wild Dog will ever get an upgrade? Because they started at the point where he’s so accurate to the comics.
I don’t know. I don’t know, man. That would be cool. I wish. That would be amazing. You know, I mean, Oliver did have different costumes in the first seasons, right? So he had different ones. So if they made me one, I wouldn’t say no. And I do think that original costume was iconic, and it pops, and it looks super freaking cool, so, if we stayed with that I’d be fine with that too.

Is there anyone in the cast that you’d like to have more scenes with? I was wondering if they will keep Wild Dog with Lance or pair him off with someone else.
Well, I think we’ve seen Rene connected to pretty much everyone, in certain ways. I remember at the start of season 5 I had a great scene with David Ramsey [who plays Diggle], and that was really nice, to have that connection with him. I had really great scenes with Rag Man, and Echo Kellum as Mr Terrific. Great scenes with him. Some comedic stuff.

I think the only person I haven’t really done scenes with is Felicity. I remember talking to Emily [Bett Rickards], like, ‘we haven’t really had our scene yet.’ You know? So, hopefully, maybe, there will be something really cool where I get to work with ‘blondie’. There could be something cool there.
And can you say anything at all about the villains that the team are going up against this season, and kind of how Wild Dog is interacting with them? You had some pretty intense villain stuff last year, especially with Tobias Church right at the start of the season.
Yeah, I don’t know. I have no idea what the plans are in terms of the villains this season, and how that pertains to us. But I do think that WB said that there is going to be a personal vendetta with the new villains against Team Arrow. So how that comes into play, I have no idea. And it’ll be interesting to see, like, there’s a couple of different villains this season, how they come into play, and how they kind of disrupt Star City is gonna be interesting.

And I think I’m safe to say that, on the assumption, that this is going to be even a darker tone, to how we did things last season. I think last season was awesome, especially with the way Prometheus came alive, and his tone, and how he was able to terrorise.

So, I think the most important thing that fans should know, too, is that season is about family. So, last year was legacy, so we saw how that would be chipped at by Prometheus in terms of legacy and who [Oliver] is as a person and what he has built. Whereas this year is about family, so, I think fans should keep in mind and see where could become a major component in this season, and how that could pertain to us as a group, Team Arrow, and also Oliver, what he’s been through. So there’s a lot of stuff there.

Rick Gonzalez On Becoming Wild Dog And His Hopes For Arrow Season 6
Posted by Dan Wickline September 18, 2017
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/18/rick-gonzalez-becoming-wild-dog/

DW: What did it mean to you when you got bumped up to being a series regular?
RG:
It meant the world to me. I was so excited about it. I collected comics as a kid and I’m very much a fan of the Marvel and DC universes. I even collected comics from Valiant and Image… I was just a big comic head. To play a character from the DC Universe like that is a big deal. And the fact at he’s Latino. That we got to take Jack Wheeler and make him Rene Ramirez. Spin the original idea on its head and make him more contemporary. To me that means even more.
DW: What would you like to see happen or how would you like to see Rene grow in the new season?
RG:
I’d like to see that the seed we planted in season five, of Rene being a father, I hope that can come to fruition. I’d like to see him become a father and win that battle. I think he’s someone who has suffered a lot. He’s never really had a great hand in life. The one thing that is a positive in his life and giving him a chance to grow is being a part of Team Arrow. It’s helped him turn the tide and find purpose in his life. So, I’m hoping, that along with being a part of Team Arrow, I’m hoping that he can become a dad again. To complete that circle and see what that looks like. To be a vigilante and a dad at the same time would be awesome.

Edited by tv echo

Media reports on SA's spoilers at HVFF-NY this past weekend...

Arrow's Stephen Amell Teases Very Spoilery Season 6 Voiceover, New Crossover Toy and... Smiley Oliver?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 17 2017, 11:32 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/09/17/arrow-season-6-spoilers-stephen-amell-voiceover-intro-trick-arrow-suit/

While headlining a solo panel Q&A at the Heroes & Villains FanFest in New Jersey, Amell told the crowd that he was unable to recite Oliver Queen’s famous opening voiceover narration “for a very specific reason. Because me doing the [new Season 6] intro is probably the biggest spoiler that I could possibly drop about the show.

“I would get in so much trouble,” he stressed.
Amell however did let slip a couple of teases from the show’s upcoming run. He said, “You will see a new Arrow suit this year,” as well as a new trick arrow that Oliver gets to use in the four-way #DCTV crossover event, which just began production.
“It’s a strange thing. Oliver actually this season is a very contented individual,” the actor said. “At least so far. Methinks that will probably change, based on just 120some episodes of history. But I’ve seen three episodes and he’s smiling a lot more….. It’s nice as an actor to not be a stick in the mud all the time.”
“If you follow me on social media, you might have noticed that I’ve had a little more time off than I normally do. That’s just kind of where the story is this year [and] I’ve really enjoyed it,” he said.

With Season 6 marking “a new chapter” for the superhero drama, he continued, “In the early part of the season we undertake a storyline and we stick to it. [But] that’s all about to change starting Monday!”

‘Arrow’: Stephen Amell Reveals Oliver’s New Season 6 Attitude and a Spoilery New Voiceover
By Barry Rice - September 17, 2017
https://arrowverse.tv/2017/09/17/stephen-amell-reveals-olivers-new-season-6-attitude-spoilery-new-voiceover/

“It’s a strange thing. Oliver actually this season is a very contented individual,” says Amell. “At least so far. Methinks that will probably change, based on just 120some episodes of history. But I’ve seen three episodes and he’s smiling a lot more….. It’s nice as an actor to not be a stick in the mud all the time.”
Another new development for Season 6 is that show is becoming much more of an ensemble series. It would appear the “Arrow” title is beginning to refer less to Green Arrow himself and more to Team Arrow.

“If you follow me on social media, you might have noticed that I’ve had a little more time off than I normally do. That’s just kind of where the story is this year [and] I’ve really enjoyed it,” says Amell.
Oliver will get a few new toys this season, as well, with Amell revealing that “you will see a new Arrow suit this year” and Ollie will have a new trick arrow during the four-show crossover event.
Perhaps the most interesting tease from Amell was in regard to the show’s infamous opening narration. Normally, Amell obliges fans to the new version of the voiceover before the new season begins.
This year, however, Amell stressed that he couldn’t “for a very specific reason. Because me doing the [new Season 6] intro is probably the biggest spoiler that I could possibly drop about the show.”

“I would get in so much trouble,” says Amell. (Let the speculation begin!)

Amell reiterated that Season 6 is “a new chapter” for Arrow, saying, “In the early part of the season we undertake a storyline and we stick to it. [But] that’s all about to change starting Monday!”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1