Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

(edited)

New spoiler from TVLine

Question: I am excited to have Katie Cassidy back on Arrow as Black Siren. I hope she stays a villain, because it’s cool to have a regular female villain. What can we expect for her? —Diana
Ausiello: You can expect much of the aforementioned villainy, sprinkled with the occasional wish for a turn-around, at least by those who knew her Earth-One doppelgänger. “I don’t know if there’s any question about whether or not the [idea] of redemption will come up; it has to,” co-showrunner Wendy Mericle told TVLine. “Her father is there. Oliver is there. Everyone is going to be asking whether or not it’s possible to find a little piece of Laurel, the Laurel Lance they knew and loved, in there somewhere.” That said, “I think she’s interesting as a [villain],” Mericle asserted. “Black Siren is a badass.” 

BONUS SCOOP: Even with Adrian Chase dead, Oliver’s battle to conceal his secret identity is far from over. Rumor has it he will be dogged by a curious FBI agent this season.

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

What does Dinah and Quentin’s relationship look like moving forward?
In season 5, we wanted to explore this idea of someone taking on his daughter’s mantle and what would that look like? That moment where he does say, “Yes, she is the Black Canary,” that is a moment that is certainly one of the steps toward this costume and the evolution of that character. In season 6, it will be building on that and capitalizing on that and also exploring it further.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/13/arrow-season-6-spoilers-black-canary/amp/

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

Summary of Arrow article in TV Guide's SDCC 2017 issue (scans posted by @Velocity23 on page 1563 of Spoiler Discussion thread)...

-- S6 will kick off five months after the finale. So when Arrow returns, per TV Guide, we should find out "quickly the fates of Oliver's entire team." Diggle, Felicity, Quentin, Thea, Rene, Curtis and Dinah were all on the island when the bombs went off. Per MG, they are "all in jeopardy... Who knows who will be back?" 

-- On Malcolm Merlyn not returning next season, MG reminded us that "death is not an impediment to any character reappearing on any of the [Arrowverse] shows... We've got time travel, we've got parallel universes and we've got flashbacks." TV Guide added: "And since Merlyn technically died off screen, we've got hope!"

-- On whether Olicity is back on, TV Guide: "All of Oliver and computer whiz Felicity's flirty reconnecting in the season's final episodes are just baby steps, kids!" MG: "'Getting them back into a full-on relationship by the finale would have felt ridiculously rushed... This is just going to be the latest chapter of their lowercase-r-relationship." TV Guide added: "If Felicity survives." 

-- On who will be S6's Big Bad, TV Guide: "Sounds like Guggenheim is saving that news for Comic-Con!" MG: "We're not really prepared to talk about who the big bad of the season is yet. It's not necessarily a safe bet that there's only going to be one."

-- On Slade Wilson back to being a good guy, TV Guide: "Sort of." MG: "I promised Manu two years ago that the next time we saw Slade, we would essentially redeem him."

-- On why they're bringing Black Siren on full-time next season, TV Guide: "According to Guggenheim, Katie Cassidy's killer return as Earth-2's Laurel in the season's 10th episode inspired 'all these different stories for us.' Among them: a rivalry with Felicity, Lance having to deal with his dead daughter's evil look-alike and, thanks to that awesome Canary-on-ex-Canary fight in the finale, a big beef with Juliana Harkavy's Dinah. This is all good with us if we get more delicious villainy from Cassidy." MG: "Katie's phenomenal, and you can tell that she's really enjoying playing this iteration of Laurel."

-- On more Rene and Quentin, MG: "That friendship was the big surprise of the year for so many people - including us... Their dynamic was really great together. I keep saying there could be a Lance/Rene spinoff show." 

-- On Oliver's next major undertaking being a father, MG: "There's a lot of interesting stuff to be explored now that William has been kidnapped twice and Chase has exposed Oliver as being William's father."

-- On how Curtis braids his hair so fast to become Mr. Terrific, MG joked: "We are going to reveal in a future episode that he was actually in [The Flash's] Central City the night of the particle accelerator explosion and has been a secret metahuman this entire time." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

In the print issue of the new Entertainment Weekly (July 21/28, 2017 Double Issue, with Black Panther cover), there's a one-column article on Arrow written by Natalie Abrams (on page 73) included in its "Comic-Con Preview" section. This article is accompanied by a photo of JH as Dinah in her new Black Canary costume (the same one that was previously released) and includes the following spoilers...

-- Dinah survived the island explosion and will be suiting up as Black Canary in S6.

-- Laurel's Earth-2 doppelganger, Black Siren, won't be pleased there's a new Black Canary.

-- WM: "With Black Siren on the scene, it's going to get complicated for Lance [Paul Blackthorne], and Dinah's going to be a big part of that."

-- Natalie Abrams: "[Wendy Mericle] teases that the new season explores the conflicts between the family you're born into and the one you make along the way (or, you know, the one you fight crime with)."

ETA: I didn't scan the article because I was reading someone else's copy.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Spoilerish portions of jbuffyangel's interview with MG...

Marc Guggenheim SDCC17 Interview
http://jbuffyangel.tumblr.com/post/163286824873/marc-guggenheim-sdcc17-interview

He wondered where people got the idea for an Olicity crossover wedding to which I answered, “Ummm… a little bit from Stephen.” 
He laughed and said, “But Stephen doesn’t know what we’re doing for the crossover. We haven’t pitched him the crossover yet.”

I fessed up, “And… a lot from me.
I explained Stephen tends to crumble quick with little Felicitys and Marc wholeheartedly agreed. My daughter asked Stephen if we have to wait all season for Olicity to get married. Stephen immediately caved and said no.

Marc laughed again and said, “But that’s such a leading question! That’s not playing fair!”

Yeah. I know. It’s dirty pool. I own it.
Marc admitted Season 6 is the hardest season to talk about. He compared it to the Walking Dead’s problem last year. They are shooting 6x02 and they are writing 6x04. They are breaking 6x05 and 6x06, which will be a two parter, and they are already starting to talk about the crossover. Marc confirmed Dinah Drake survives because “we’re not going to kill three canaries in a row.”
“I always say that Oliver is a total hypocrite. A lot of the show survives and is successful for all the hypocritical choices Oliver makes. That said, I will say this about Season 6 - I think the events of Season 5 have really changed him and he’s a much more evolved character in Season 6.”

I asked if we’ll be seeing Oliver more centered and Marc explained, “Yeah, that’s really what Season 5 was all about - letting go of the past, learning from the past and the previous ten years. So the emotional stories that we are telling in Season 6 are of a very different quality.”

He continued, “In many ways, I think Oliver (it’s not so much that he takes on a mentor role), but there’s always a scene in Act 4, usually where Oliver is dealing with something, and Felicity gives him a piece of advice or Diggle gives him a piece of advice or Thea or Lance. There’s always people giving Oliver advice. In Season 6 we are trying to flip that dynamic. It’s Oliver giving people advice because he finally has the benefit of 10 years of hard won experience.”

I added, “He’s starting to get it,” and Marc enthusiastically agreed.

... Marc said, “The struggle for me is finding new ways to surprise people. I’ll give you an example – in Season 6 we obviously know the island blew up and everyone was on it. Everyone is just thinking about who lives or dies. There’s other stuff that comes with that.”

I offered up injuries or PTSD as examples, to which Marc mysteriously replied, “Or all sorts of interesting things.” Intriguing…

Marc’s goal is try and defy expectations by giving a twist to the expected. He said one of his favorite quotes is from Stan Lee,“Give people what they need. Not what they want.”

He added, “If you give people what they want they are not surprised and they get bored very quickly. There’s something actually very unsatisfying getting everything that you want as a viewer.”
I immediately asked if Nyssa would guest on Legends of Tomorrow. Marc answered, “I always want to get Nyssa with Sara because I ship them very hard, but that said, we really want to explore some new romantic territory for Sara this year. Anytime you can get Caity and Katrina on screen together it’s gold, but at the same time- ”

“Katrina is hard to get ahold of,” I offered.

Marc agreed, “Yes, she is hard to get ahold of especially since she has the new Crackle show. Katrina is amazing. She’s always gonna work. What’s nice about Legends is we have time travel. We’ve had her on the show before and we’d love to have her again. It’s always a question about finding the right opportunity with the right story.”
Shifting back to Season 6 I said, “So, we know Oliver is alive…”

“And we know William is alive,” Marc added.

“So how is Oliver handling being a father?

Marc answered, “Ever since we introduced the William storyline in 2x20, we have noticed that ever since Stephen became a father it has really changed his performance. We always say we write towards what we’re seeing in dailies. And Jack, who plays William, is really really good.”

“Was Black Siren on the island?” I legit couldn’t remember.

Marc said, “Yes she is, but we know she survives. We wouldn’t bring Katie back just to kill her again.”

I said, “That would be a serious jerk move if that’s what you did.” Marc laughed and agreed.

I told him that I love Black Siren evil and he agreed with my sentiment. I explained, “What I like about Black Siren is that she’s evil, but you guys do a nice job threading the undercurrent  that she’s having an emotional reaction to Lance -

Marc interrupted, “Wait until you see the premiere.”

“Is it awesome? What are you most excited for everyone to see? Because Bam is directly and I’m so excited.”

“Bam is crushing it. We’re gonna release a trailer tomorrow that gives you a glimpse of some of the amazing stuff that Bam has shot. It’s crazy huge. It’s total madness,” Marc said.
I said my favorite newbie is Julianna. Marc agreed she is phenomenal and said we’ve only glimpsed what she’s capable of as an actor. This will be her break out year. I did ask if Dinah’s love interest was someone we knew or someone new, but Marc couldn’t answer that. Gave it my best shot! Sorry folks! We’ll just have to tune in to find out.

“Are you releasing the Big Bads tomorrow?”

Marc hesitated, “Yes – some of it. We’re going to do something a little different this year in terms of the Big Bads.”

Hmmm… mysterious. Panel should be interesting! I asked if they felt more freedom in the writers room now that they don’t have to serve the flashback stories.

“Yeah, it’s such a sigh of relief. Those flashbacks were hard. They were hard from a writing perspective. They were hard from a production perspective. It really was like doing one and a half shows. And also some of our favorite episodes have been the ones where we did the non serialized flashbacks.
“Wild Dog grew on people,” Marc said.

“Yeah, it was sort of all of sudden. I realized I was starting to like him. I think you were very wise with pairing him with Curtis and Lance,” I responded.

Marc said it was one of the great surprises of the season, “We really do write to the dailies and we were seeing this great stuff between Rick and Paul. Let’s write more of that! We were joking by the end of the season that we had the makings for a spin off. Like an odd couple type of comedy.”

I asked if mixing up the characters, like more Felicity and Thea, was something they were going to continue in Season 6? Marc said yes. He loves mixing up the pairings.

“5A was a lot of focus on the newbies,” I said. Marc agreed and I added, “It did feel like the core characters we are use to were not getting as much screen time. But once you guys set the newbies up, they really did move into a B storyline capacity. Then you shifted back to Felicity, Diggle and Oliver. “

“I will say I think 6B will be very different from 6A. I don’t know if this plan will come to fruition but we really shaping Season 6 as A, B and C. It’s really three big movements. We always go into it with a plan. Sometimes we stick to it to a fault.”
Marc reiterated again that there will not be a Bl&ck Siren, Oliver and Felicity love triangle. A love triangle does not remotely interest him. He agreed they settled on Oliver’s great love in Season 2 and it is Felicity.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow adds Lost alum Michael Emerson — as Cayden James?
NATALIE ABRAMS JULY 22, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/arrow-comic-con-season-6-spoilers/

Michael Emerson has joined the cast of Arrow in a mysterious new role for season 6.

As announced at Comic-Con on Saturday, the Lost and Person of Interest alum will recur as an unnamed mystery character that has yet to be announced. However, it seems likely that Emerson is playing Helix leader Cayden James, who appeared last season with a hood over his head.

When EW recently asked whether Helix and Cayden James would return in season 6, EP Wendy Mericle left the door open. “You never know,” she said. “They are still in the wind. We don’t like to leave those threads dangling.” Another possible clue: At the panel at Comic-Con, Mericle teased that Kacey Rohl would return as Helix hacktivist Alena next season.

Emerson’s casting is all part of Arrow leaning into multiple villains for the upcoming sixth season. “Season 5 was really about building up this team,” EP Marc Guggenheim said. “By the end of the season, we had Team Arrow 2.0 in a really formidable tightly knit way. We wanted to really double down on this concept of family and found families. Toward that end, we started thinking of a group of villains, something we’ve never done on the show before.”

Hence, we’ll also see the return of an-favorite actor David Nykl as Anatoly Knyazev, Oliver’s former Bratva mentor-turned-nemesis. “He’s coming back with a literal vengeance,” Guggenheim said, teasing that Richard Dragon — a character from the new DC: Rebirth run of Green Arrow comics — will also appear as part of this “villainous cabal.” “You’ll be seeing a lot of different villains through season 6,” he said. “These are characters we’ll be seeing really throughout the season.”
Unfortunately, the cast was shy to actually provide answers on that front [on who survived the island explosion] at Comic-Con. But Guggenheim did reveal that the new season is something of a reboot after Oliver’s now 10-year journey is complete. “We always said that season 5 would end as a culmination not just of season 5, but of the first five years of the show and the last 10 years of Oliver’s life,” he said. “We’re going to double down with the things that resonated with people in season 5 — the dark, gritty, really grounded storytelling, but we are going to see a really different Oliver Queen. We’re looking forward to telling some very different kinds of stories with Oliver.”
One of Oliver’s first hurdles is trying to now take care of his son, William. “He’s not the best dad,” Amell admitted. “My first day on season 6, it was all with Jack, who plays William. We had never really acted together, so I was really legitimately nervous because I didn’t know. Not only was he equal to the task, but he exceeded my expectations. To start on episode 116 and to be able to do fun new stuff as Oliver has been a real joy so far this season. But yeah, he’s a sh— dad.”

Whatever is left of Team Arrow — we know Black Canary survived since she’s officially suiting up this year! — will quickly confront a very familiar villain in the premiere: Black Siren (Katie Cassidy). “You come in like a wrecking ball in the first episode,” Amell said to Cassidy during the panel.

“To be honest with you, I’m obviously so excited to be back,” Cassidy said. “It feels like I never left. It’s been home and we’re a family. It’s definitely been pretty easy just getting back into the swing of things. It’s interesting the dynamic between Black Siren and other characters, Team Arrow, and the different points of view that she has. It’s a parallel exactly opposite to Laurel, or Black Canary. But it’s good.”
In other news, Manu Bennett will be back for the season premiere, as well as a two-part episode that really focuses on Slade Wilson post-everything he’s experienced on the show, which will include flashbacks.

As for the identity of Vigilante, Guggenheim didn’t necessarily turn down a fan theory that he’s Tommy Merlin (Colin Donnell) from Earth-2, though explained it’s hard to find time in the Chicago Med actor’s schedule to return. “You can probably expect that whoever is behind that mask is a face that is familiar to you,” Guggenheim added.

This article also includes EW's video interview with Arrow EP WM and cast (front row: RG, SA, KC, WH, WM; back row: DR, JH, EBR, EK)...

-- SA: "We do the same thing that we've done every year, which is that we stick with the times. We pick up five months after the - after the Season 5 finale. We have flashbacks in the first episode to the aftermath of the explosion. And, um, I can't say anything else.... I mean, I can't."

-- On whether we'll see more darkness sneak into Felicity this season, EBR: "I really liked the Helix storyline that Felicity got to explore last year. It kinda took her in this like weird train. I got to work with a good friend of mine, Kacey Rohl, who's amazing. Uh, I like that side of Felicity. I don't know if Felicity likes that side of Felicity, I'll be honest. She's very, almost uncomfortable in this sort of downward spiral that she could have, you know, driven on for a very, very long time. Um, but also, it just goes to Wendy again - I'm not sure if she goes down that [unintelligible words because cast is laughing]... I want to be able to answer this question." WM (laughs): "Let me stonewall you one more time."

-- WM reiterated that it'll be the same show but they'll have "more real estate to play with," they won't have the same flashbacks as before, and that they'll "be able to tell different stories from different characters' points of view." She stressed that they're not calling it a "reboot, but it will feel different in some ways". However, it'll still be Arrow.

-- On the upcoming mega crossover, WM: "I can tell you, basically, it's going to be very much rooted in the DCU. It's going to be an epic story that I think fans will be really excited about, particularly comic book fans. And that's all I can tell you."

-- SA said that they're "halfway through the second episode."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Marc Guggenheim ARROW Interview Comic Con HD
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by Seat42F
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNU0t0fFaY4

-- MG: "I can tell you that, on Monday, we're going to go in and pitch the crossover to the studio, that I'm really excited about the story that we are hoping to do, if we can get the studio to agree with us that it's a good story to tell. If we end up doing the story that we're doing, uh, it will - I think it will be bigger than last year's. And, quite frankly, we really went into the crossover discussions for this year without a lot of confidence that we could beat aliens. Like, how do you top aliens? But I actually think we got an idea that is even bigger and cooler than aliens. And at the same time, we got some really big, I will say, emotional moves that will happen in the crossover. So the crossover is gonna be something that is really game-changing for all five shows - I'm sorry, all four shows. Uh, I was thinking ahead to next year where it's probably five. Uh, but it's pretty big and we really - every year we try to do the crossover bigger and more ambitious than the previous year. And we're on track to do that again this year." He also confirmed that we'll see more of the crossover in Supergirl. MG: "This year it's a true, four-way crossover... This year it is truly across all four shows."

-- On S6 theme, MG: "Yeah, um, it's family. Uh, it's both biological families and found families. Last year was very much about the building up of this team, Team Arrow. Uh, you know, we saw new faces in the bunker and, uh, by the end of the season, that fraught relationship with Oliver and the recruits had really gelled into a very cool, you know, working relationship. Um, but off the events of the season finale, we're, you know, we're screwing up that a little bit. We're playing around with it. So, I would say, last year we built a car and this year we're taking the car out for a spin."

-- On the challenges of bringing in and avoiding the pitfalls of having a kid on the show, MG: "That's a great question and it's a question we've spent a lot of time talking about, because, you know, it is a huge third rail, you know, bringing on a kid - especially with a superhero show that's grim and gritty. Um, I will say, I gotta to give a lot of credit to Stephen. Um, watching dailies between him and Jack, who plays William - um, it's great. It's like, oh, this could've been a disaster, but the performances really ground it. And that's the answer to your question. It's like we can write whatever, but like if we don't have great actors who really sell the reality - the emotional reality of that relationship, it falls flat. So, um, thanks to Stephen and Jack for, you know, helping us avoid what could be a serious ending mistake."

-- On whether there's going to be a redemption arc for Black Siren, MG: "Having given a lot of thought both to getting the question and to the question itself, I'm kinda like - you gotta understand, it's been five years of Arrow and five years of a lot of, like, 'when are Oliver & Felicity going to get together?', 'when is Laurel going to become Black Canary?', 'when is Black Siren going to be redeemed?', and I'm like - I'm sorta like much more interested in answering and talking about the stories that we're telling now, as opposed to the stories we may tell in the future - or may not tell in the future." When reporter commented that it sounded like they weren't going to redeem Black Siren, MG: "We talk a lot about, you know, whether or not we should redeem her, how we would do so, um, but again, right now, it's - ... You know, one of the advantages of having a show, knock on wood, that you know is staying on the air, um, you can have a long con, you can make long-term plans. I mean, look at the - like, the William storyline. That storyline started out in Season 2 and it's really only coming into fruition in Season 6. So, that to us is - you know, the thing that excites us as writers, we really like planting seeds that, you know, don't come to fruition for a couple seasons. At the same time, uh, it's again - it's the advantage of having a long-running show. You know, I've worked on shows where you were like always on the verge of cancellation. You had to do everything immediately. And now we get a chance to - we get to take our time with it." 

-- MG: "I think you're going to get an answer to who Vigilante is sooner rather than later. Um, but we were really enticed by the idea of having a mystery that didn't resolve itself during the season... We've never actually done that before... We've known from the start who Vigilante was, but we've really enjoyed just waiting for the right moment to make that reveal." When asked if the reveal will catch fans off guard, MG: "You know, that's always the goal. I mean, truth be told, like, you know, we sort of go into every mystery knowing that there's a lot of smart people out there, someone's going to figure it out. Um, but, uh, no one - I mean, people will occasionally tweeted me with guesses. No one's guessed correctly yet. So that makes me slightly hopeful that we'll be able to still surprise some people." 

-- MG: "It remains a very high priority for me to have Megalyn on Legends, uh, so that her iteration of Vixen can interact with Maisie Richardson's iteration of Vixen. That's definitely on my, you know, creative bucket list, for sure."

Stephen Amell ARROW Interview Comic Con HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNHL14Sgjac

-- SA: "The only thing I can tease is that in we - in episode 601, we flash back to the immediate aftermath of 523." 

-- On what it's like playing off of KC's Black Siren in a new dynamic, SA: "We really haven't had a scene yet, actually. I'm so glad that Katie's back... I'm interested to see what they do. I don't know what's they're going to do with her character."

-- SA: "It's cool that we've given Oliver new things to play this year. We've never seen Oliver as a dad. And not only that, but a struggling dad. And, um, Jack, who plays William - I was incredibly nervous after reading 601 because he and I had never really done a scene together. I've sat with him while we played with toys. And I've held him very close on a boat. But have we ever done a scene? We hadn't, right? So my first day was 4 scenes with Jack, and I was f**kin' nervous, because that's a lot of angst in the William basket. And he was equal to the task. He was really good and continues to be really good. A really fine young man and fine actor."

-- On his social media promise that if they got to S6, we'd see Oliver with a goatee, SA: "I'm so sorry, but I had to - we flash back in 601 to the immediate aftermath of 523, so I had to take the horrible beard that I grew for hiatus and trim it down. That's not to say we couldn't grow one over the course of the year... Maybe."

-- SA: "We won't be able to match the emotional gravity of Season 5 until the final season of the show. Whenever that is. Not to say that Season 6 can't be better."

-- On the status of Olicity, SA: "Did she live? Uh, assuming [that she lives]... they're in a decent - they're in a tremendous place. William is a thing. In a good way. But William's a thing."

David Ramsey ARROW Interview Comic Con HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEotvQyRBvE

-- On the Spartan suit, DR: "There may be more iterations. Diggle's suit seems to be ever evolving, the helmet especially. So yeah, I think there's gonna be some more modifications of the suit and the helmet specifically." 

-- On Diggle's parents, DR: "You'll be seeing at least one parent this season."

-- DR: "The explosion affects all of us. It specifically affects Diggle in an emotional and physical way that's going to play out throughout the season... There's a long-lasting effect of what happened on the island for him, that affects him and the whole team... And it begins in 601. We flash back. We see the explosion. We see exactly what happens. And, um, my man Diggle gets some of that."

-- DR: "Diggle has, for the past six seasons, kinda been secondish in command, um, when Oliver's been gone - the de facto  leader of Team Arrow, right? Married once, divorced, married again to the same woman. Has a child. Four tours in Afghanistan. Sergeant-Major. Probably a more evolved character on the show. And there's a perception that he can get through it all. And, um, I think... and we talked about this to some degree, Marc and Wendy and I - I think we're going to see, uh, Diggle for the first time deal with some things that, um, he can't handle. Even greater than the death of his brother, the death of Canary, both of which he blamed himself for, went to prison for, got out. Um, Diggle's been a little bit of a Superman emotionally and even physically. And, um, I think - I think we have to see a broken Diggle. And I think you'll see that. And you will. Even beginning in 601, uh, Diggle's dealing with something specific he had that he's never had to deal with before." On whether we'll see PTSD, DR: "Oh yeah... You'll absolutely see Post Traumatic Stress... He'll definitely be experiencing that. Without a doubt... And this will affect the team." 

-- DR: "We have to deal obviously with the relationship between Diggle and Oliver. ... And I think also you'll see some role reversals, in terms of him having secrets as opposed to Oliver having secrets, and Oliver having to help him. You know, and now that relationship's kinda shifted a little bit, now it's Diggle that's in - that needs to be mentored." 

-- DR: "Diggle and Lyla, we have to deal with that. Him being married to the leader of ARGUS, who has a finger on the pulse of the Suicide Squad. We have to deal with that. That's gonna be some nice dramatic stuff." 

Katie Cassidy ARROW Interview Comic Con HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZuP5bpFEU0

-- When asked about a possible partnership and friendship between BS and BC, KC: "I think that [BS/BC friendship] would be really interesting." KC then added: "As more time goes on... I think we'll gonna, you know, reveal more about Black Siren and where she comes from and why she is the way that she is. And I think there will be some characters that actually sympathize with her, empathize... with what she's gone through. Still have some redeeming qualities. Um, but in terms of the being partners, that would be awesome."

-- On what she's looking forward to with her character's new dynamic with Quentin, KC: "I think Black Siren - in terms of my back story, what I've personally done, you know, uh, she has a very - she lost her father, um, you know, when she was like 14. I think that they will start to bond and actually grow closer. I think there's, you know, a chance for redemption for her and, uh - you know, it's so funny, whenever Paul and I do a scene together now, we're just - we're like, 'what the hell?' I'm like, 'Paul, what do I do with this?' Literally, he''ll be like, 'I don't know, darling, I'm so confused right now because I'm so used to you being my daughter and now you're not, so I'm just as messed up and confused about it too.'  I think it makes scenes like that as an actor more interesting almost. You just have to be present and listen and, you know, you play off of one another. And as long as you've done the script analysis and done your part in working [unintelligible words]. That's why I love working with - sorry, I love working with Paul. Like, he is that type of actor and so it gives us a lot of time to play [plan?]."

-- On her new dynamic acting adversarial toward the heroes, KC: "It's been really fun. Again, um, it's weird. I also feel really silly sometimes when I'm the villain against the team. I'm like having to be all badass and like have these one-liners that are pretty funny. Um, but it's been good... It keeps everything fresh."

-- On whether she knows everything about what happened to Black Siren or whether she's learning it bits by bits, KC: "No, I think we're learning bits by bits. I've always [unintelligible words] uh, character, I had to make up my own back story, which is a lot of detail - would take hours, not that you would understand my notes or anything. Um, but I think this season we'll definitely learn more about where she comes from and her story."   

Juliana Harkavy ARROW Interview Comic Con HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WePeZ-lrRWo 

-- On what Dinah is motivated by now (since she was motivated by revenge last season), JH: "I think she's motivated more by justice now than by revenge. And, because she is sort of part of a team and she's not on her own anymore. Uh, you know, she's fighting for her new family as well, so it's jst not like a solo mission anymore."

-- On what she's excited for in S6, JH: "I'm excited for, uh, you know, however the team reassembles itself, I'm excited for them to be a stronger unit. Um, you know, I think that we went through some trauma together on the island and the outcome, you know, is, uh - we're gonna need to put the pieces back together. And I think that just makes us stronger and better. So, just getting closer to everybody and the relationships being more complex, and delving into our friendships some more. I'm looking forward to that."

-- On the sweet moment in the finale when Quentin acknowledged Dinah as the Black Canary and what she'd like to see for her relationship with Quentin, JH: "Well, if Quentin is still around, um, then, I love that dynamic. I love that sort of, like - it's almost like a paternal thing that, you know, Quentin has with Dinah. Uh, I just think that's really sweet. I would love to see that continue. And I also love that they have the police force in common. They have a common goal. So, um, I think they're a great alliance."

-- On whether she practices the Canary Cry in front of a mirror and whether she does the full scream every time, JH: "Every day. No, I learned the hard way that that's not what you do if you want to speak the next day. But, um, what I do is, I'll usually mouth it. I will - I will practice in a mirror. But, um, if - it just depends. If you're already in an action scene and you have to scream, sometimes the scream will just come out, you know, and you go with it. Sometimes if you just have to stand there and scream over and over, you just want to sort of pretend. Um, but it's a silent scream. You know. It's an internal scream."

-- On whether Dinah's relationship with Oliver will evolve, JH: "Between Black Canary and Green Arrow? I - I think so.  I - you know, again, she's really part of the team now. She's decided to commit [come live?] here. She's got the costume on. And she's serious about it. So she's with Green Arrow. Like, he is the head of the team and that's the captain and she is - she's with him, yeah, so I think their friendship, their dynamic is going to grow and get closer, yeah. Not in a romantic - just as a team." 

-- On how her BC is different from the previous BC, JH: "I think - I feel like she's set apart in the fact that she has a different story... I mean, she comes from such a different place. You know, her back story, her reason for being on the team. Um, like we were saying, her motivation was revenge and she has this anger... I think that sets her apart. You know, they're just totally different characters, even though we're playing the 'same' character. We're so different. So I don't - it's not a conscious effort to be different. Um, it's just trying to be true to Dinah and who she is. Yeah." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

The audio on this GreenArrowTV video is terrible because the background noise is so loud...
Echo Kellum & Emily Bett Rickards | Arrow Season 6 | Comic-Con 2017
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by KSiteTV [GreenArrowTV]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEzOiq2Ru8c

-- On what she thinks the chances are of Oliver & Felicity completely rekindling their relationship because it seemed to be going that way at the end of S5, EBR: "Well, I mean, what do you want? To be honest, like, I feel like we go right now with, you know, [sixes?], we really do go by demand at this point. There's obviously, you know, creative juices funneling the story, but I feel like we're so grateful to have such dedicated fans and - um, I don't think 'dedicated' but involved? (EK interjected, "Yeah.") And I think the involvement because they've started that way - I mean, I don't think for every show - but for ours, it really works. I think you can't [unintelligible word] the fans all the time, [unintelligible words]. It kinda depends on how it can be [unintelligible words] (EBR draws circle in the air with her fingers)." EK added: "I echo those sentiments." 

-- On Felicity's career in S6, EBR: "Well, assuming she's alive... I think that Felicity needs a job, a day job. I suspect she'll be running out of money. That girl wears [bitchin'?] clothes.... Um, I think that she needs to sort of have the passion that she carries inside of her, like genetic code - she needs to be able to exercise that more often. [She mentions Helix and working with Kacey Rohl last season here, but I couldn't hear what she said exactly]... Yeah, it would be interesting to see Felicity sort of like doing work, maybe even if she's still in the bunker, but doing a different type of - I don't want to say 'occupation.'"

-- On what they want for their characters going forward, good or ill, EK: "I would like Curtis not to get stomped on by like 17 people. Every scene. That would be nice, to see him kick some butt." EBR: "I'm pushing for Felicity and Curtis to have more scenes together and more [unintelligible words]."

-- EK mentioned WM's quote about how Curtis and Felicity complement each other's skill sets, saying: "She's like, 'Felicity's the software, where Curtis is the hardware.'"

Emily Bett Rickards, Echo Kellum ARROW Interview Comic Con HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njvdrsmotm8

-- EBR and EK joked around and completely avoided answering any spoilery questions. For example: When asked where we'll see their characters and how they will have changed, EK: "Well, Curtis is a dead body. So he's changed in that he's no longer alive. Uh, I don't know what's going to happen." EBR: "Felicity's bio is now glorified cadaver. That's her new thing." EK: "But we're in every episode. We're just dead."

Arrow: Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak) and Echo Kellum (Curtis Holt)
Published on Jul 22, 2017, by Whedonopolis Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ey5KsO27w8

-- Again, EBR and EK joked around and avoided answering spoilery questions.

-- EK said he hoped that Curtis and his husband Paul can find their way back to each other.

-- EBR: "I would like to see Felicity sort of, you know, honestly, work with Curtis more. Because - because this was my debate. I am totally sincere. I had a conversation that was mostly based on the fact that Curtis has taken all of Felicity's jokes. (Laughs) And I was like - and I was like, 'but I'm down, as long as they get to have them together.' Which is really just a long con for us working together. Which is really just a long con for us hanging out more together. Which is why we're at this [unintelligible word] together." EK added: "Yeah, we keep hoping that if they see us together, they'll make more scenes. They'll see the chemistry that we have." EBR: "I think just the opposite. My career is over after this interview."

Arrow Emily Bett Rickards and Echo Kellum Interview (Comic Con 2017)
Published on Jul 22, 2017, by Showbiz Junkies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBqyKnqAwKc

-- This video is virtually identical to the Whedonopolis video above.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

ET's facebook live interview with Arrow cast on July 22...

(posted by World of Flash on youtube)

-- On whether we'll see more of Oliver's struggle with fatherhood, SA: "Yeah... Well, I mean, William - he's not a baby. He's like, uh - we play him in the show like he's 12 years old. He's in 6th grade... It's very interesting to see Oliver as a dad because William is not totally diggin' it. Yet. And he's going through some stuff. So it's tough."

-- On whether there'll be any progress with Felicity in the workplace, EBR: "Um, I think Felicity needs a job. She needs to be employed. I think that she's a - ...  I mean, she sees these guys every day and I think she's gettin' - not bored, but, um, I think she just needs some income and probably some different social experiences with different people. So hopefully we get to see her, you know, not so much in the Helix area, maybe not going down the rabbit hole, but maybe working with Curtis a little bit more... If they're alive." 

-- When asked what we might see happen with Oliver & Felicty next season, since they've been on a long journey back to each other, SA and EBR just looked at each other for a long moment. Then interviewer read a twitter question asking for two truths and a lie about Oliver & Felicity's relationship next season. SA: "Oh my god, I did two truths and one lie at a con in Nashville a few weeks ago and I caught a rash of sh*t, so I'm gonna pass." EK: "Figure two lies and a lie?" SA: "Emily's got it." EBR: "They're already married. They're getting married. They're never getting married." [tv echo: I found this whole conversation very confusing.]

-- When JH put on her Black Canary suit, she cried. RG said that Bamford gave her the staff and that every time he saw her, she was twirling that staff.

-- After cast concluded interview by telling audience to watch S6 on Thursdays at 9, SA said: "There's going to be nudity this year." Other cast members (including EK and EBR) said simultaneously: "A lot of nudity."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Here's video of portions of the Arrow panel at SDCC on July 22 -- spoilery parts transcribed below...

ARROW Comic Con Panel News, Season 6 & Highlights [21 minutes]
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by Flicks And the City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpUM3nUV4cU

-- MG: "We're not like rebooting the show. Uh, in fact, we're going to double down on a lot of the things that I think really resonate with people in Season 5... The dark, gritty, you know, grounded storytelling. But we are going to see a different kind of Oliver Queen. Uh, you know, the last 10 years have really changed him, particularly Season 5. And we're looking forward to telling some very different kinds of stories with Oliver."

-- On how does being a dad change Arrow, SA: "He's not the best dad. No, but I've said this a bunch of times today. My first day on season 6 - and you see it a little bit in the footage that you saw - it was all with Jack, who plays William. And he and I had done a couple scenes together, but he and I had never really acted together. And I was really legitimately nervous because I didn’t know. Not only was he equal to the task, but he exceeded my expectations. He's a wonderful young man and a terrific actor. And I'm loving my scenes with him. But, you know, to be on episode - to start on episode 116 and to be able to do fun new stuff as Oliver has been a real joy so far this season. But yeah, he’s a sh*t dad.” 

-- When the panel was asked how it affected them to have a different version of Laurel on the show, there was a momentary silent pause. Then EBR: "We have a powerful new villain on the show. We're going to have to kick some butt." KC: "Yeah, I'm coming after you." SA: "Yeah, you come in like a wrecking ball. Like in the first episode. Like the Miley Cyrus song. Like a wrecking ball." KC: "Shaking it up a bit." Mod then asked KC how it was being back and if it was like putting on an old pair of jeans. SA interjected: "Katie doesn't wear old jeans. They may look distressed, but they're brand new." KC then said, "You know me so well." 

-- On what we can expect coming up in S6, MG: "Well, you know, Season 5 was really about building up this team... And by the end of the season, we had Team Arrow 2.0, in a really formidable, you know, tightly knit way. In thinking about Season 6... we really wanted to double down on this concept of family and groups and found families. So, towards that end, we started thinking in terms of a group of villains, something we’ve never done on the show before. Um, so, we're gonna have a few familiar faces, like David Nykl is coming back, uh, to reprise his role as Anatoly, and as we know from episode 518... and he's coming back with a literal vengeance. Um, and we want to, you know - we're not going to tell you everything in this panel, uh, but we - we can tell you that, uh, one of the other members of this villainous cabal is going to be played by Michael Emerson. And we could not be more excited.... We are really, really thrilled. And you can also expect a really cool announcement, uh, not now, uh, about, uh, a character, uh, whose character's name is Richard Dragon from the comics, who will also be among our villains that we'll be seeing this year. Um, so you'll be seeing a lot of different villains throughout Season 6. And more so than any kind of villain of the week thing. These are, you know, characters that we'll be seeing really throughout the season. Uh, we've never done that before."

-- On whether the Vigilante could be someone we know, like Earth-2 Tommy Merlyn, MG: "Yeah, we keep trying to get Colin back on the show, um, but he's busy on Chicago Med. Um, for sure, we're big believers that if you have a mystery, like some type of whodunnit, or in the case of Vigilante, who is it, uh, it's always really unsatisfying if the answer to the mystery is 'yes, it's some person you've never seen before.' So, uh, you can probably expect that whoever's behind that mask or underneath that mask, uh, is a face that is familiar to you."

-- WM said that Kacey Rohl will be returning.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

FULL Arrow panel (in two parts, posted by Clevver News) - only transcribed spoilery portion that wasn't previously transcribed from the Flicks And The City video upthread...

Arrow Panel Comic Con 2017 Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAkdgoqeM1c

Arrow Panel Comic Con 2017 Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6FivydkC4I

-- MG: "Um, you're going to still see flashbacks. It won't be in every episode. And they won't be serialized. They'll be character-specific. Um, I'll give you one example. Um, we are - mainly because I've been trying to figure out the right opportunity to make this announcement - but, as you saw in the trailer, Manu Bennett is back for the season premiere. Um, but he's also coming back for a special two-part episode, uh, in the first half of the season, where we're really going to be - you know, really focusing hard on his character, you know, post everything he's experienced on the show. Um, and we intend to do a Slade Wilson flashback story. As part of that - as part of that event." 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Marc Guggenheim | Arrow Season 6 | Comic-Con 2017
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by KSiteTV [Green Arrow TV]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r2gI7rVhW0

-- On whether there's any chance we may see Raisa the maid in S6, MG: "Yes, you're going to see Raisa the maid in Season 6... She's the Big Bad of the year. Yeah. No, I'm kidding. She's not the Big Bad of the year, but I want her to be. Uh, she's out on parole after her shoplifting conviction - and that's also a joke. But, uh, no, Raisa's gonna be back and we couldn't be more thrilled. It just makes perfect sense, given the storytelling. Raisa, I have to say, has always been this little fan favorite character. Um, so we couldn't be more excited about it."

-- When asked to elaborate on the family theme of S6, MG: "Yeah, I can say, you know, there's several different forms of family. Uh, you know, there's the biological, sort of nuclear family. But there's also found families. Uh, last year we really spent the whole season building up this new iteration of Team Arrow. Um, and the way I like to describe Season 6 is, um, you know, last year we built a car over the course of the season and this year we really take the car out for a spin."

-- On how they follow up Prometheus, MG: "I'm a big believer that you always try to swing for the fences. At the same time, the more you make it about the fence swinging, the more you take your eye off the ball, to continue the metaphor. So, um, we really are just focusing on the elements that worked last year - you know, the gritty crime stories, the grounded tone. Um, you know, I think a big part of Arrow is the, uh - every year, to varying degrees, we always put the characters through sort of, you know, grinder. And I think what made Prometheus such a [unintelligible word] character, apart from Josh's incredible performance, was that he really put Oliver through the meat grinder. Um, we've got some pretty cool meat grinder moments planned for this season, so, uh, hopefully, we'll be, you know, here next year and  you guys will be like, how do you top so-and-so." When asked if he meant for Oliver or for the entire team, MG: "Actually, for the entire team. That was the big - I will say, the big - I won't say, revelation, but the big creative choice that we made was that this year, the consequences have to be felt not just by Oliver, but by the entire team. And that's a big part of the engine that drives Season 6."

-- On whether we'll see John Barrowman, MG: "You know, honestly, that's up to John. Um, totally up to John. We told John, uh, when we called him up to tell him about the events of the finale, we said, listen, every - quite frankly, every single person on all the shows has come back in some way, shape or form. We've got flashbacks, we'v got time travel, we have parallel universes. Like, you know, good-bye is never good-bye. Um, and he has a, uh, open invitation to return to the show any time he wants."

-- On how Oliver will juggle being a dad and his other duties, MG: "I will say, we spent a lot of time in the writers room talking about the relationship with William and, quite frankly, the potential pitfalls of [unintelligible words], because a lot of times, particularly in the 5th or 6th season of a show, like, the kid comes on. You know, and that's a little - it was scary to us, quite frankly, because you've got a character who is all about, like, punching and killing people. Uh, what's he gonna be like as a dad? And for us, you know, the way we chose to address this problem or this creative challenge was to, uh, really tell the story of Oliver and William in as realistic way as possible. And not shy away from the fact that Oliver does have this dual identity. And not shy away from the fact that William went through an incredibly traumatic experience at the end of Season 5. So we're not moving away from it. We're actually going to head on towards it. And that is providing a lot of the story fuel, uh, for that element of the show."

-- On whether we'll ever see the Huntress again, MG: "Every season we talk about it... I want to say absolutely because Jessica's, you know, expressed an absolute willingness to come back. We always want to - Jessica's a favorite actor of mine and the Huntress is a favorite character of mine. Um, so, I want to make it happen in Season 6. We've got some plans for the later half of the year - as we always do - that she would fit into very well. So we'll see. Also, Jessica's an incredibly talented actress who works a lot, so our schedule and her schedule have to align."

-- On the mega crossover, MG: "Well, we're going in on Monday to pitch to the studio... What we're going to be pitching to them is a four-show crossover, not a three-show crossover, that is even bigger than last year... We hit upon an idea which is, I think- its' really huge, it has big emotional stakes, and, uh, it's something that the comic book fans in particular will really, really dig. So that's all I can really say about it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Stephen Amell | Arrow Season 6 | Comic-Con 2017
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by KSiteTV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_6F-Q_NfvA

-- SA: "My first day on Season 6 was four consecutive scenes with Jack, who's William. And I was incredibly nervous. Way more nervous than he was. Because he was an unknown quantity... He and I had never really acted together. We had a scene where I was holding him close and he was looking scared. We had a scene where he was playing with action figures. But he's 12 in the story and 14 in real life. And I was like - I was like, I hope he's good. Because we're putting a lot of eggs in his basket for the beginning of Season 6. And he was equal to the task. He was fantastic."

-- SA: "You know, when I was sitting here last year at this time, I knew exactly how Season 5 was going to go and how it was going to end. I know how Season 6 is going to end, but I do not know how we get there. It's a bit of a different year in terms of how we're building things, how we're introducing people, what the threat is, and I'm excited for it." 

-- SA talked about what James Bamford brings to the show and helped him. He also talked a little about how S4 was a down year creatively. He said that, out of all the seasons, he was most proud of S5 and mentioned how broken down Oliver was in 516-517. He repeated that he didn't think they could "match the emotional gravity of Season 5." SA: "I think there's Season 1, there's Season 5 and there's whatever the last season of the show is... It doesn't mean that Season 6 can't be better, but I'm most proud of Season 5. Very proud of Season 5."

-- On Oliver's headspace in S6, SA: "He misses all of his friends... Actually, his headspace is actually pretty good. Um, it's fun coming back every year and talking to the writers, Wendy Mericle in particular, who's the Executive Producer, talking about all the little subtle changes. Like, whereas seasons past, Oliver would've given an order, now it's more, I'll look and then an acknowledgment, which I think is important. The little things. The nooks and crannies."

-- On how they follow up Prometheus in S6, SA: "We don't follow it up with one villain. Does that make sense? You a fan of 24? ... Yep... Not an actor from that show, although Paul Blackthorne being a villain would just be tremendous on a number of levels. Uh, it's more about the way they introduced him on 24."  [tv echo: I don't understand the 24 reference.]

-- On what we can expect from Olicity, SA: "Their relationship is in a decent place, assuming she survived... No, they're good, they're good. They have a, uh - again, taking for granted some things... (pauses and covers his face with his right hand for a moment)... Um, they're in a good spot."

-- On doing crossovers (mega and mini) and what it's like going into their world and changing his tone, SA: "Well, I don't change my tone. I feel like that's one of the issues we ran into on the show, for me, from a creative perspective, is like, let's bend to this world. Let's not. Let's - it's called the Arrowverse. Like, let's just do what we do. Right? But, I mean, going toward the shows, it's great. Um, there are people who work on Flash and Supergirl and Legends that have job they were hired for from Arrow and they're promotions. And it's like, it's really cool going to work for those people. And every set has a different vibe. Right, like, people are like laughing and joking on the Flash set. And, you know, the Supergirl set's kinda like - it was a lot of like them finding themselves last year because it was their first year. And our set's just like a metronome. You know, here you go, here you go, do it, do it, do it. So it's really cool to go and work with new people."

-- SA: "Manu Bennett is involved in the show."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

David Ramsey | Arrow Season 6 | Comic-Con 2017
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by KSiteTV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fabBoFp9s4

-- On whether Diggle will ever have a conversation with Carly again, DR: "I don't know... The more important question is his relationship with his wife. Um, you know, Diggle being married to, uh, the leader of ARGUS, who has her finger on the pulse of the Suicide Squad, I think is just good storytelling. So we're going to explore a lot of that in Season 6."

-- DR: "The explosion profoundly affects Diggle. Profoundly affects Diggle... I shadowed Bam - James Bamford - for episode 601. If the gods allow it, and Greg Berlanti, you'll see if I directed a scene. But I shadowed him. And in shadowing him, we went back to the island and we show what happened in the explosion. You're gonna really like the episode."

-- On the chemistry between Dinah and Diggle, DR: "You gotta do something with his wife first. That's an issue. Clearly... (Interviewer interjected, "You can't touch that relationship.") ... So you can't touch that. But, um, there's clearly [unintelligible word] is great."

-- DR: "This will be an interesting season for Diggle... Diggle is probably the most evolved character on Team Arrow... He's been through four tours, Sergeant-Major, married, divorced, married again to the same woman, has a child, vigilante, father. You know. We have to break Diggle... I think in Season 6 you'll see Diggle get broken in a way he hasn't been broken before. You know, it starts in 601 and I think it's gonna - a certain amount is gonna continue throughout the season. And, um, we'll see exactly what that means... But I think it's an arc for Diggle that we haven't seen. It's even beyond his brother coming back to life, killing his evil brother, and it leading to the death of Canary. All that stuff is great drama. But I think, Season 6, you're gonna see something from Diggle's physical and emotional [unintelligible word] that you've never seen before. And it starts in 601." DR also said that he brought this up with MG and WM, but they were in agreement and "on board" with it. 

-- When asked about Diggle's headspace as the Arrowverse has expanded to include metahumans and time travel, DR: "Diggle's always been kind of a nuts-and-bolts guy. And the world kind of expanding into superpowers and metahumans and aliens in the crossover. I think that's all out of his element. Uh, it's a place we can play with, but I think it's, uh - it's also ultimately a source of contention for him and his wife... He tries to keep things very, uh... how do you defend a world in a world where people can move faster than light, right? He tries to struggle with that. And I think, um, his wife is - we'll find out she's part of that problem, to him. Because she has her finger on the pulse of some of these metahumans. Suicide Squad. ARGUS is our - our SHIELD, so to speak. So I think we're going to see some of that conflict in Diggle of trying to bring some normalcy into his life, of being married to the leader of ARGUS and dealing with [four?] more metahumans. Now [unintelligible words] on our team, with Dinah. So you'll see some of that this season. But I think the big thing for Diggle this season is really, uh, some things that are going to happen to him personally and physically, that I think are going to change his life monumentally, and his relationship with Dinah - uh, with Lyla." When asked if his physical change is anything like what happened to Mayor Poole on Blue Bloods,  DR: "Um, it's that detrimental. It's that life-changing, yes. And it has a potential effect on the whole team." When asked how it will affect his relationship with Oliver, DR: "Well, I think you're going to find the tables are going to turn. Diggle's going to start having secrets now. Right?"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've noticed that Showbiz Junkies and Whedonopolis record the same press roundtable interviews...

Arrow - Wendy Mericle Interview, Season 6 (Comic Con)
Published on Jul 22, 2017, by Showbiz Junkies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfBBUvd4dYo

-- On the difficulty of talking about S6 given the cliffhanger ending of S5, WM: "We can say for sure that obviously that explosion was a big one and, uh, we went out with a bang as we promised and, uh, that will have consequences, and some will be more serious than others... Not everybody's going to come back, yeah."

-- On how to top Prometheus, WM: "I do think it was a combination of, we had a great new villain that did something we hadn't seen before. He could fight, obviously. He was also very psychological, he would mess with Oliver's head. So that piece was new. And I think what we'll be trying to do in Season 6 is taking the lesson from that, which was, we had a new approach from our villain. We'll do the same thing in Season 6. We'll see villains doing things we haven't necessarily seen them do before. And the second piece of it is casting. You can't - Josh Segarra was so amazing because he came across like such a boy scout for the first half of the season and he played that so well. And then, you never know what you're going to get from an actor. You can watch the audition tapes, and we had many conversations with him about it. He brought this edge and this menace and this crazy psychopathy to the back half - it blew everybody away. We're hoping to get just as lucky with our casting this year."

-- On S6's tone and theme, WM: "The tone will be the same. I think we found our metier in Season 5 with respect to making it dark, keeping it gritty,  differentiating it from Flash and Supergirl and Legends and Black Lightning now... And the theme will be family. Found family. Biological family. What the differences between those are. And, you know, everybody who comes out of the island and survives and those who don't, there will also be consequences for the survivors. So everyone's going to deal with that issue... There's going to be both, you know, consequences - I guess, what can I say - medical. There will be that and there will be - yeah, there will be fatality. Someone does not come back at all. Yeah."

-- WM: "We avoid the term 'reboot' because it sets an expectation that - we don't want to reinvent - we're not reimagining the show from the ground up, which a reboot sort of implies. But what we are doing is taking what we've learned from Season 5 that worked really well - and it was very much the end of a chapter. I mean, it was 1 through 5, and Season 5 had such great stuff to work with because we could answer Season 1. And what we're doing now in Season 6 is setting up a whole bunch of new questions for the audience, for the characters. So, soft reboot, maybe?"

-- WM: "There will be flashbacks, but they won't the same, Oliver-centric flashbacks to what he did on the island or what happened to him leading up to his return to Star City - Starling City, I should say. Um, but because we're not telling that story any more, we'll have a lot more real estate to talk about characters and also more flashbacks from the point of view of other characters. That's one of the parts of Season 6 that will feel different."

Arrow - Katie Cassidy Interview, Season 6 (Comic Con)
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by Showbiz Junkies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHrtZ2-WJUo

-- On whether there are any similarities between the two Laurels she's portrayed (E1-Laurel/BC and E2-Laurel/BS) or whether they're just stark opposites, KC: "Uh no, I actually find a lot of similarities between them. They're both obviously incredibly, incredibly strong women. Um, they're just from two different ends of the spectrum, I guess. And I do think, you know, they're both very, uh, incredibly driven. I mean, nothing will stop them or get in their way to what they're trying to accomplish. And I think, you know, hardheaded and - I think, 'strong' is just a great, great word to describe them, just in different ways." On whether she has a preference between the two characters, KC: "Oh, I don't have a preference. I have to say, I love - I love being a part of Team Arrow and being there every day. I kind of - I miss being there like that, in that aspect... But the fact that I can come in as a villain and play the antithesis, I - it's so much fun. So much fun playing evil. So it's kind of - it's kind of, um - I don't know if I have a preference. They're both, you know - and post [unintelligible word], it's nice to have a fresh - to play a - it's almost like a new character. Um, it is a new character, but it's fresh and it feels like it's fresh, and I feel like, you know, from everyone's point of view and the dynamic between the characters and their reaction to Black Siren, um, I think keeps everything fresh, and for the other actors as well. There's a lot to, um - a lot of her background to explore."

-- KC was asked something like how far in advance they're told what happens and she said that she found out the episode before that Laurel was going to die in S4. KC: "For this season, I sat down and had lunch with Wendy and Marc. We were on the same page already in terms of, you know, I think, obviously, Black Siren and Earth-2 Laurel - a lot darker, um, just a little more rough, like rugged, I guess. And, uh, if I have ideas, if they have ideas, like we throw them - you know, we toss them around... The other day I talked to Marc and I was like, 'hey, what would happen if Black Siren time traveled and saw Laurel face to face.' Does that make sense? That would just be so bizarre and cool at the same time. Uh, certainly for at least an episode. Um, but this season I think is about family and I just think - I think that, uh, Black Siren and Earth-2 Laurel, there's a lot to explore in terms of her back story and where she came from. She's gone through a lot, and she lost her father at a young age - the back story that I've done. She watched her father, uh, burn to death in front of her. She was forced to watch him burn to death in front of her, uh, at the age of 14. So she set out to find - again, this is, like, as an actor, I'm going off into this other world - to find her father's killer. And she ends up obviously turning dark and evil. I'm sure something will happen in the back. They'll write something and it'll be like, oh, her father and her survived, and I'll be totally off base. Okay. But, um, no, it's interesting - it's an interesting process. But yeah, they definitely let us, you know, throw around ideas and they talk to us a little bit in advance. But sometimes you just never know. It's television. Anything can happen."

-- On whether she thinks there's a chance for redemption for Black Siren, KC: "Absolutely. I think that there's definitely a chance for redemption for her. And it's interesting, when I think of Black Siren, she does this evil manipulative thing and that's just her - it's almost her defense mechanism, and it's her habit. It's the place that she's used to going to. But if you get - break that down and get through her walls, I think that she is like, you know - she has this sad story and the other characters will be able to see that and have sympathy or empathy for her. And, you know, it may end up bringing them - end up bonding with them and maybe be able to [deepen into a back story with some other person?]." On whether there's actually a possibility that Black Siren will meet Earth-1 Laurel, KC: "I don't know. I think it - I pitched it to Marc and he was like, 'oh, I love that.' So... I think it would be cool. It would be so confusing but awesome. Um, anything is possible with this show with time travel... He did not turn it down. However, I can't confirm that it's going to happen either."

Arrow - Willa Holland Interview, Season 6 (Comic Con)
Published on Jul 24, 2017, by Showbiz Junkies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhEihCLSP-o

-- On whether there is anyone she hopes for Thea to have more scenes with or she wishes in the past Thea had been able to have more of a relationship with, WH: "I'd always hoped that she'd be a lot nicer to Rick Gonzalez's character. Um, that's something that I really want to happen. Um, and more Felicity time. More hanging out with Echo and David. I mean, I miss everybody in the bunker, totally. It's not like I don't want to be down there. Just circumstance really. Things happened, you know, it makes sense here and there, blah blah blah. So, um, who knows. Who knows what's going on. Again, [unintelligible words] when it comes to Season 6. Can't allude to any future things. Just hopes and dreams."

-- WH emphasized a couple times that she really likes being a strong, independent female character, who's not dependent on any other character.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

#ComicConWarner | Arrow: Wendy Mericle
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by WarnerChannelLatAm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJU2XSkNB6g

-- WM: "What originally drew me to the show and drew me to the comic book character in the first place was the social justice angle. He was someone who fought for the little guy and would, you know, help the helpless, give a voice to people who didn't have one. That's a part I really like about him... You know, we explore that variably on the show. But it's one of those things we're going to do a little more of in Season 6, and I'm really excited about that part."

-- WM: "What we saw at the end of Season 5 with the island blowing up and everyone in jeopardy, that there will be serious consequences for everybody, especially Oliver, and some will be more, you know, impacted by that explosion than others."

#ComicConWarner | Arrow: Stephen Amell
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by WarnerChannelLatAm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPHSAFBvs68

-- SA: "This year's theme is family. Like, um, the family that you're born with and the family that you make along the way."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow Season 6 Flashbacks Will Usher in New Era
Kayti Burt   Jul 24, 2017
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/arrow/266539/arrow-season-6-flashbacks-will-usher-in-new-era

What will the flashbacks cover? It sounds like Arrow will use the opportunity to flesh out some of the other characters’ backstories, which Amell is excited about, saying: "We have the deepest bench right now that we’ve had in the history of the show and to take eight minutes per episode that I was in and give them to someone else, that’s really nice.”

As for Oliver’s flashback stories? “If they want to flashback before [2008], then they better have good CGI because five years have taken a toll on me,” Amell joked, though Arrow exec producer Wendy Mericle hinted there might be flashbacks to other parts of Oliver’s life…

“When we say the flashbacks are over, what we’re really saying is they’re not going to be Oliver’s story on the island or anywhere else five years ago. That story is done, but we will still see flashbacks maybe to other parts of Oliver’s background.”
Rick Gonzalez, who plays Rene “Wild Dog” Ramirez, would “love” to see more of Rene’s backstory. His character got his own flashback centric episode to the tragedy surrounding his drug addicted wife and how it affected his relationship with his daughter.

Gonzalez said he would love to see what happened before he got married and started a family, saying: “I think there’s this whole world before that, even prior to Zoe and his wife.”

“I believe that it’s a huge story with his military background. He’s a military guy and he’s also a very good one. He had a lot of skills and abilities before he met Oliver. Obviously, Oliver brought him to another level, but he’d already been formidable before that.”
[Mericle:] “The thing we’re most excited in the writers rooms is getting flashbacks to other peoples’ points of view, so we might see… whoever survives the island, we might see their flashbacks.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Arrow' Stars Tease Survivors of Finale Explosion, Flashbacks and Love Lives for Season 6
By TooFab Staff | July 24, 2017 12:22 PM
http://toofab.com/2017/07/24/arrow-season-6-stephen-amell-comic-con/

On a more serious note, Ramsey confirmed the show will pickup 5 months after the events on the island and fans will know "pretty quickly" what happened to everyone. "There's been some damage that's happened from the island, not just the explosion, but some of the repercussions it's going to take the rest of Season 6 to deal with," he added. "People will pay a price. That explosion, some have said it's much ado about nothing, but it was worth it because of the damage." The actor said his character is "profoundly affected" by what happened.
Amell promised "I feel like we can every question for what happened in the aftermath of 5.23, in the immediate moments after."
Ramsey pretty much confirmed Diggle survives the blast when he talked about his character's marital problems on-screen wife Lyla.

"No, we're going to play with that all of Season 6," he explained. "That's big, a big big arc. Whatever you call this vigilante team and being married to the leader of ARGUS, that's easily a six episode arc right there, isn't it? That's just good storytelling. We're gonna play with that a lot more. This couple's been married once, divorced, married again. We're going to play with that relationship a lot this season."

Mericle touched on the Olicity dynamic as well.

"If she survives, it's something the fans love, obviously it's a core component of the show and if she pulls through and comes out of that explosion, there's no way we can't address that question," she said.

Dinah is also said to be getting a new love interest too, though that was news to Harkavy. "I am just as surprised as everyone else. I didn't know," she explained. "Dinah, she's so dynamic. and thats one facet of her we haven't seen yet. The whole journey started because she lost her love. I'm excited for her."

And Holland, she hoped fans might see Thea warm up to Wild Dog.

"I love Rik, so I wish Thea would be a little nicer to him," she said. "Did she have to be so mean, it's kind of really rude. That one, hopefully in season 6, who knows. Who knows who's around? Who knows anything! My hope for season six is that Thea would be nicer to his character."
"We have so much more real estate now to talk about other people's backgrounds," Mericle explained. "Oliver's story on the island or anywhere else in the last 5 years, that story is done. We will still see flashbacks to other parts of Oliver's background. The thing we're most excited about in the writers room, is getting flashbacks from other people's point of view. Whoever survives the explosion, we might see their flashbacks. We were always really married to telling Oliver's story, which was fantastic, and now we get to change it up."

"I'm not sad, we told the story. I think flashbacks from 2008-2012 are done and if they want to flashback before then, you better have good CGI," Amell added. "5 years have taken a toll on me. Personally, I'm excited they're done. We have the deepest bench we've had on the show and to take 8 minutes I had and to give them to someone else, that's really nice."
Other tidbits we picked up from the press room:

• If Stephen Amell has his way, there won't be following in "The Flash" and "Supergirl's" footsteps with a musical episode. "5, 10, 15 minutes after never. Never," he said, "We can't do a musical episode ever. Never." Mericle agreed, saying the show was too dark.
  • Harkavy thinks her new costume is "awesome." "The first day we had it done and stood in front of the mirror, I wept," she added. "I felt the responsibility of playing that character. It just felt so empowering and it was a really special moment."
  • Oliver and William's relationship will take the show in a new direction. "We've never seen a superhero on TV with a son," Mericle said. "I don't know how you would do it. It raises a whole bunch of questions, so year we're gonna go down that road."
Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Previously posted was a video of IGN's interview with WM, EBR and KC (on page 1569 of Spoiler Discussion thread). Now here's the videos of IGN's interviews with SA, DR and WH, and with JH, RG and EK...

How Deathstroke Elevates Arrow in Season 6 [SA, DR, WH]
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by IGN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Xa9tYpsbc

-- SA joked: "Well, we've renamed the show The Oliver Chronicles ... It's just Oliver sitting in therapy because all of his friends are dead."

-- DR: "Season 6, I think the theme is family. And, um, you will see a lot of interesting stories about family, particularly not just families outside of the Arrowcave but within the Arrowcave. I'm looking forward to that. I'm looking forward to some of this role reversal. Maybe you (indicating SA) mentoring Diggle a little bit. Diggle needing your steady... (SA interrrupted, "Oh my god, I want to spoil something.") ... Maybe. Maybe he does." SA: "No, I can't. I got a reprimanding a couple of weeks ago." When the IGN interviewer later brought up Deathstroke as the one thing they did know about S6, SA said: "Yeah, that's what I got reprimanded for! ... Yeah, I invoked that Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson was going to be like, you know, sorta, semi, back involved in the show. I got a rash of sh*t."

-- On what she wants to explore with Thea moving forward (assuming she survives), WH: "The only thing that I love about Thea is how strong and independent she's always been, so I'd really like to keep on that trajectory with her... You know, I can't have anything other than hopes of that without saying anything that could potentially spoil something. Or I might be dead, so who knows."

-- On why bring back Deathstroke, SA: "Arrow, the Green Arrow, is only as good as Deathstroke. Right? Like, your hero is only as good as your villain. Whether or not he's a hero or a villain, the Green Arrow will only ever be as good as Deathstroke allows him to be."

-- On their reaction to reading the 601 script: DR: "I was happy... I think what you'll see is a logical conclusion to the finale. But I was excited because you get to see Diggle in a different way. So I was excited for my character." SA: "I based my reaction off of the last scene, and I read the last scene and I go, 'huh.' ... Stephen Amell confirms Season 6 based on 'huh.'"

How Arrow's Cast Reacted to Season 6's Reveals [EK, JH, RG]
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by IGN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvz9cvIMfSI

-- On their reaction to reading the 523 and 601 scripts: EK: "As just a fan, it was so cool to read that episode, regardless of my fate or not. It was just so cool to see them come full circle like that. And really to close that chapter like that. And for there to be Deathstroke involved. (IGN interviewer interrupted, "And back this season.") And back, yeah." RG: "It was a great culmination to, I felt, like a really strong season. I felt like, from the moment we all showed up on the team and to the end, I think we were giving fans great momentum. And I think that momentum will carry itself to Season 6. So, how that happens? Can't say." 

-- On whose flashbacks they'd like to see, JH said that she wants to see more flashbacks of Rene because she's invested in his story with his daughter. RG said that the "Spectre of the Gun" episode was a gift and that he'd like for people to get to really know Rene. EK said that he'd like to see flashbacks of Dinah with her old love/partner. JH agreed.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Arrow's' Marc Guggenheim On S6's Family Theme, The Vigilante Mystery & More
Published on Jul 24, 2017, by Access Hollywood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OJKgV8dy9I

-- MG: "The theme is family. Both, uh, found families and biological families... Last year we did a whole - really a whole season of building up this new team. And this year, uh, we're going to take the team out for a spin."

-- MG: "Even though we aren't telling serialized flashbacks this year, we are going to still be doing flashbacks... With the other characters. So, you know, you could be seeing people just only in the past."

-- On the mystery of  the identity of Vigilante, MG: "It will be solved this season. Um, we were really intrigued by, you know, the idea of having a mystery that actually bridged two seasons... But you'll get an answer for sure this year."

-- On working BS into the storyline this season, MG: "I tell you, it's really organic... We have a really, really cool villain in Black Siren and Katie's interpretation of her is absolutely phenomenal. It's the whole reason why we decided to bring Katie back onto the show... She comes back in - she comes in really - literally with a bang."

-- On whether William will be a big part of the storyline this season, MG: "Jack is amazing. He's a great little actor. He's not even that little any more... I will say, you know, I don't want to like spoil what happens, you know, particularly with Samantha, but I will say that, again, in keeping with the theme of family, uh, we would be remiss if we didn't, uh, play into this new relationship between Oliver and William."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Wendy Mericle | Arrow Season 6 | Comic-Con 2017
Published on Jul 24, 2017, by KSiteTV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQEUGlnFbO4

-- On whether we'll see Anatoly this season, WM: "I'm going to let you wait for the panel... But I can say for sure is, we left Anatoly with a promise - he left Oliver with a promise last season of he's going to stay - he's going to leave some guys in Star City and Oliver's going to pay for that betrayal. Have we ever left you dangling for more than a season on that stuff? Nah."

-- On Slade Wilson, WM: "I can tell you that, you know, Stephen announced that he's going to be back on the show this season. Whether he's going to be in present day or flashbacks, I'm going to leave that to your imagination."

-- On this season's tone as compared to S5, WM: "It's going to be the same. I think what we found in Season 5 is this is what works on Arrow. We have now Flash, we have Supergirl, we have Black Lightning... we have Legends. And every one of them has a slightly different tone and does slightly different types of stories. What we found we do really well is do the crime drama and... you know, with a little bit of levity [some unintelligible words-might've mentioned Felicity?]. And we're continue to do - you know, we're going to double down on what we think made Season 5 successful."

-- On whether they've already fleshed out Black Siren's back story, WM: "We know what that back story is and, I think, this really speaks to the flashbacks of - we're not going to be doing island-centric ones any more, so we'll have the opportunity to do ones from different points of view. That's, uh - that would definitely be a top one that we'd want to do."

-- On whether we'll see Ragman again, WM: "Rory is great... If the right story comes along and if the actor's available, and all these magical things come together, we'd love to have him back."

-- On whether the expanded universe of metahumans (following The Flash) will affect Arrow going forward, WM: "We explored metahumans and magic a little bit in Season 4. And I think we took away from that in Season 5 is, it exists, it's part of the universe that is there, it's not necessarily - it's not right for our show. So I think, even though, if we get a new character and we bring them in, and they have to have a metapower, we'll try to make it as grounded as possible. But that's really Flash's whole thing and they do it so well. I don't want to step on their toes. Let them do their thing." WM added: "We always try to ground it. I think that what's fun about it is that we can do those grounded stories and the reaction - all our characters know about these things. They know about superpowers. They know about metas. And their reaction can be really what our reaction would be under the same circumstances, which is, uh, this is a [unintelligible words], what is happening out in Central City? What's going on?"

-- WM: "I think, for us, going forward, really thinking about, well, what is the challenge that we haven't seen a superhero go through on any of these shows? One is being a parent. So, I can't say exactly how that's going to shake out, but, I can tell you, Oliver Queen is going to learn about being a father, whatever that means."

-- WM: "Every season we learn something. I think for me, Season 1 and Season 4 were probably the biggest - ... Season 1, we knew - you know, we didn't know if the show was going to work or not. And it did. And we sort of figured out, okay, this is is what's working and we doubled down on that in Season 2. And Season 4, we drew the opposite lesson. These are the things that maybe don't work on the show. And even though the season was successful, it was controversial. And so, when that happens, you know, we look at it [unintelligible word], ... well, let's try [unintelligible words]... you're constantly trying to figure out, well, what is this new direction we can go in? ... And how do we make it still Arrow?"

Edited by tv echo

As you can see in the interview above, Ramsey teases a major loss or change for Diggle. Here's what the Arrow actor told us:

"...I think specifically for Diggle; he's going to lose some things. This relationship [between Oliver and Diggle] is going to change, I think. I'm going to need him in a way I don't think I've needed him before. Some of the mentor/student aspect of our relationship."

Arrow star Stephen Amell went on to describe a recent season 6 scene they shot, in which he felt things were distinctly inverted, with Oliver playing the role of friend/adviser to Diggle, much the same way Diggle was that person for Oliver in early season of the show.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/25/arrow-season-6-diggle-david-ramsey/#1

(edited)
17 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Transcribed from the video in this article (CB interview with SA, DR and RG)...

-- DR: "[Season 6 will be] a continuation of what we started on Season 5. Season 5 was really a return to form - a return to this kind of grass - gritty, grassroots kind of show that was rooted in a sense of reality... And the audience, I think, responded to that in Season 5... I was sitting in one of the rooms when Wendy Mericle and Marc Guggenheim were there, talking about tone. It was kind of a tone meeting. And they were really saying, you know, take it even higher. And that's your mandate - they were speaking to the crew and directors... You've been mandated to take this even higher than Season 5 - that groundwork we've laid in Season 5 to go even higher. So, um, I think that's gonna - that's gonna kinda reflect and resound through all the characters, um, I think, in general." 

-- DR: "Specifically for Diggle, I think, um - I think, uh, he's going to lose some things. You know. This relationship is going to change, I think, between he - between Oliver and I. I'm going to need him in a way I don't think I've needed him before. Some of the mentor/student aspect of our relationship." SA: "A tremendous scene the other day. It's a flashback." DR: "Maybe." SA: "It was nice because it was a little bit inverted.to what the normal Oliver/Diggle scene is. Like, I felt like I was playing Diggle's role. You know what I mean? It was really cool."

-- RG: "That's interesting. I felt the same way. I did a scene and I felt like I was in a different chair, this time. And, uh, the theme this year is family. And so, uh, immediately reading the scripts now, I'm starting to see, like, the threadline of how the characters are finding themselves in that position. And, you know, uh, I look forward to, I guess - and I've said this before - the trajectory of Season 5 was so strong, the momentum was so powerful, that it just thrust us into this idea of what they've created for Season 6. And, um, it's palpable in what each character's going through in their journey now - um, and some people for the better, and some for the worse."

-- SA: "We hit the ground running, right? It feels like from the Season 5 momentum - it feels like when we start with 601, like, there haven't been - well, a couple - but nothing has made my jaw drop in the first three scripts that I've read. Um, but concurrently, like, they're really tight and they're really moving the story forward... I feel like we're using the license that we've earned over five seasons to play it slow with some stories."

-- SA: "Oliver as a dad has been very cool. You know, my first day on the show this year was like four scenes with Jack, who plays William. And, man, he was like - I was really nervous because we had never really like shared a scene and acted a scene together. And David was there the entire day because he was shadowing, uh, James Bamford, who directed the first episode. And, uh, Jack was good. He was really good." 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow Cast Breaks Down What's Ahead for Season 6 [VIDEO]
By Keisha Hatchett | Jul 26, 2017 1:05 PM EDT
http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-cast-on-season-6/

"We're gonna see a different Diggle this year and we're gonna see a role-reversal. He's gonna be dealing with some real secrets," Ramsey told TV Guide. Now it looks like Oliver will have to be the one to bring the darkness out of his friend. "He will become the mentor, I think. Diggle needs him now."
"I'm just excited to explore her interest in other people for the first time," Juliana Harkavy said. "She's not out for justice for herself, personally. She wants to help the people in her city...She wants to help her team and she is letting people help her for the first time."

Transcribed from the video in this article...

-- EK: "I hope that [Curtis] and Felicity get into some more shenanigans with each other, and that he, you know, gets his love life... back on path."

-- WH: "My favorite part about [Thea] has always been her independent strength, um, so I just hope she keeps up that."

-- DR: "We're gonna see a broken Diggle this year. And we're gonna see a role reversal. You know, he's gonna be dealing with some real secrets, and, um, like Oliver usually is - that has to be brought out of the darkness by Diggle. You'll see Oliver kinda using that role for Diggle. He will become the mentor, I think. Diggle needs him now."

-- RG: "I hope to see [Rene] become a dad and maybe that could - being with Zoe would make him whole again."

-- JH: "I'm just excited to explore her interest in other people for the first time, not just herself. You know, she's not out for justice just for herself personally. She wants to help the people in her city. She wants to help her team. And, um, she is letting people help her for the first time. So I like exploring those sides of her."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Williams calls his dad "Oliver" (ha, ha)...

Stephen Amell Says Oliver and Felicity are "In a Great Place" on Arrow Season 6 [VIDEO]
Carissa Pavlica at July 25, 2017
https://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/stephen-amell-says-oliver-and-felicity-are-in-a-great-place-on-a/

Transcribed from video in this article...

-- SA: "We flash back in 601 to the immediate aftermath of the explosion. Um, I am all over the writers, in a good way. Having watched Lost twice, and having so many questions still, I want to make sure that we properly unpack the aftermath of the explosion. How did it affect people? Who lived? Who died? What happened to them? We need to make the aftermath of that explosion the critical, like, fulcrum point of Season 6. Otherwise, what was the point of Chase blowing up the island?" When asked if there will be any burn injuries, SA: "Not that I know of... I don't know if we're delving into any burn injuries, but there are injuries."

-- SA: "Oliver being a dad is my favorite part of Season 6 thus far. Um, and it's certainly what I've had to play to most." He again repeated what he's said before about having to shoot four scenes with Jack Moore the first day, how nervous he was, and how great Jack was as William. He said that he left that day "feeling so bullish about Season 6." However, on William's relationship with Oliver, SA: "It's not great right now. It's not great. Um, he's, uh, unhappy with Oliver for a couple of reasons. Uh, and he calls him 'Oliver' - which should be all you need to know about how things are."

-- On Oliver & Felicity's relationship, SA: "Did she live? ... Well, like assuming - ... They're in a great - they're in a good spot. But, uh, William is a thing. Not in a bad way. But, like, if they're going to be in a relationship, he's not a baby. He's in, like, 6th grade. It's a thing."

-- On S6 theme, SA: "Family. The family that you're born with and the family that you make along the way. And every year there are like - I love those subtle changes. Like, in Season 5, Emily and I talked about trying to make our relationship a little more adult, so to speak. And in Season 6, it's been really cool to - what's the word I'm looking for here? - um, there's instances where Oliver would've barked an order, and now it's just an acknowledgment. He looks to someone and they know what he wants them to do. And I like that. Just the little things."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow: David Ramsey Promises Explosion "Particularly" Impacts Beloved John Diggle !! [VIDEO]
Carissa Pavlica at July 25, 2017 9:01 pm.  0 Comments
https://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/arrow-david-ramsey-promises-explosion-particularly-impacts-belov/

-- DR: "The explosion profoundly affects people on the show, particularly Diggle... I shadowed James Bamford, our esteemed fight choreographer turned director now turned producer-director on our show for 601, just to look at directing and other stuff - I'm not directing an episode. And we went back to the island and we shot what happened on the island with the explosion. And we'll see the, uh, repercussions of what happened on the island throughout the season, Diggle particularly. The other people are affected, but Diggle specifically." When asked if it was physical or emotional, DR: "Both. Both. And what that does to him, what it does to the team, what it does to his family... I think in Season 6 you'll see Diggle broken in a way you've never seen him before, and it starts in 601. It starts in the first episode. So I think you're going to see a dramatic change in Diggle's, uh - in what Diggle has to deal with on an emotional and physical level. In a way we haven't seen."

-- DR said that the EPs (MG, WM, GB) have an "open door policy" and they'll talk about what's happening with their characters and the season and the crossover, although the EPs don't tell them "every single element." He also said that there's a "great board in the writers room" that the cast can go and see what's going on.

-- DR: "I think you'll see a lot of stuff about family this year."

-- DR: "We have to answer this question about ARGUS and, uh, what that does to their marriage. This man who's married to the leader of ARGUS with her finger on the Suicide Squad. We have to deal with that, you know, in a real way. And, um - and a son who grows up to become in the universe, you know, Connor Hawke."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow's Marc Guggenheim Teases a Wiser Oliver Queen [VIDEO]
https://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/arrows-marc-guggenheim-teases-a-wiser-oliver-queen/

-- MG: "I'll say this, you know, last year we sort of built up this team... this new Team Arrow. Um, and when we say the theme of Season 6 is family, we were also talking about sort of the found families of a team like Team Arrow. So, uh, I would say, without spoiling anything too much, it would really be interesting if there was a team of villains, uh, to go up against our team of heroes."

-- MG: "We pick up five months after the finale. Uh, we always try to do the season premiere narratively with the same time gap that broadcast us. So there's about a five-month time gap between the season finale and the season premiere. We're doing that again this year, but we are gonna, over the course of the episode, flash back to the moments right before and right after the finale. So you will get to see, you know, who lives and who dies. But you will also get it in this very piece-mealed out iteration."

-- On what he's most excited about, MG: "You know, I gotta say, I am really excited about the work that our cast is doing. Watching dailies come in, everyone's really raised the level of their game, which was already very, very high. But it's really cool. They're just knocking it out of the park. Day in and day out... We've got some crazy stunts in the premiere, um, that, you know, I think are pretty badass and awesome. Um, we open, you know, with a bang - with a few bangs actually. Um, and the stunt work is, uh, really - it's on another level. Again, that's really saying something."

-- MG: "A big thing that we talked about in the writers room, uh, during Season 5 was how Season 5 had to be the culmination of not just five seasons of the show, but 10 years of Oliver's life - the five years he spent in hell, as he always says at the beginning of every episode, and the five years he's now spent on the show. And, one of the cool things about Season 6 is, we really sort of flip the dynamics... Over the first five seasons, we sort of saw often that Oliver would be dealing with something and it either would be Felicity or Diggle - sometimes Lance or Thea, but usually Felicity or Diggle - who would give some piece of advice and help work him through with his crisis of the week. Uh, this year we're flipping the dynamic on its head, and it's Oliver being the one to dole out the advice and to sort of be the wiseman [wizened?] sage, uh, in those scenes. And that's kinda cool, but it's the result of Oliver''s hard-won experience over the last 10 years."

-- MG  previewed that they'd be announcing Manu Bennett's return at the Arrow panel.

-- MG: "We can tease a - the biggest crossover we've ever done, uh, not just in terms of the number of shows - it's four shows this year, you know, last year we did three shows with Supergirl sorta kissing into it, but this year it's a proper four-way crossover... I didn't think we'd be able to top aliens, but I actually think we've got an idea that's bigger than aliens. Um, it's going to be a nightmare to produce... I think title alone will blow people away. I wish I could tell you what it is."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow: Wendy Mericle Teases Season 6 Survivors! [VIDEO]
https://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/arrow-wendy-mericle-teases-season-6-survivors/

-- WM: "Family. We're talking about family this season. And what - you know, found family. Everyone on the team who comes out of the explosion has been a part of this found family of a team and, at the same time, they have their own families... So it's really talking about that and figuring out where those boundaries are and exploring those ideas."

-- WM also talked about having more "real estate" because they don't have to do the Oliver island flashbacks any more and being able to do other character's flashbacks.

-- She also talked about Oliver being a father and how we've never seen him be a father before or seen anyone in their universe do that before.

-- WM: "I think we've learned a lot from Season 5. And one of the things we'll be doing with, and looking to do with, the villain this year is - you know, Season 5 we had Prometheus and the two key things we had there were Josh Segarra's performance... but also he pushed Oliver in a different way. He was psychological and he really messed with Oliver's head. And looking for a new way to explore that, I think that will be the key to cracking Season 6."

-- She talked about the production difficulties in doing the mega crossover.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

RG compares Wild Dog to a "young Wolverine"...

Arrow: Rick Gonzalez on Winning Over Fans to Favorite Character Status [VIDEO]
https://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/arrow-rick-gonzalez-on-winning-over-fans-to-favorite-character-s/

-- RG talked about playing Wild Dog last year and then finding out Rene's back story of losing his wife and having a daughter. He also talked about how much the "Spectre of a Gun" episode meant to him.

-- RG: "Obviously, I've been instructed I can't say much. All I can say is what I'm hopeful for. What I'm hopeful for is that, given our theme this season is family, how do we explain that story in terms of Rene? We obviously know I'm coming back, but in what capacity? So, and that part I can't say how, but I can just say I'm hopeful for that maybe the trajectory that we left off in 5, we can grow into in 6 and see where that leads... And I think we have - we kinda blazed the trail and kinda left a light pathway for us to kinda continue to move through. I'm very proud of Season 5."

-- RG joked about the negative fan reception to his character, saying: "It was great. At first, everyone was kinda like, 'I hate him.' ... 'I hate him.' So I'm like, I tell my wife, 'They hate him. Why? Like, he's cool. Like, he's a rebel. Like, who does not like a rebel?' ... 'No, he's like ruining the missions.' And I'm like, 'So what? Like, he knows what he wants. That's cool.' And so that kinda saddened me. I was like, 'ah, man, we're giving them kinda like a young Wolverine and they don't like it.' ... But I think as the season progressed, they were able to understand why he did what he did. I think I won some people over. I think there's still some people I need to win over. So I think Season 6 is where I'm gonna nail it. And they'll be like, 'okay, that's my favorite.'"

-- RG said that he's the opposite of Wild Dog. In real life, he said that he's not a rebel, he's a married man who listens to his wife.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Arrow Showrunner Says Richard Dragon Will Be Grounded Crime Lord [VIDEO]
by Russ Burlingame | July 25, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/25/arrow-showrunner-says-richard-dragon-will-be-grounded-crime-lord/

"You know, what I really like about our interpretation of Richard is, he’s very grounded," Guggenheim said. "He’s not a flamboyant big bad, he doesn’t wear a costume, he really is a crimelord sort of in the Tobias Church model. For Tobias we only really saw him for about five episodes, so we were excited about th prospect of doing a cool, gritty crime lord, but for a longer period of time. We’ve never really done that on the show before, so it’s different."

Transcribed from the video in this article...

-- MG: "Um, you know, what I really like about our interpretation of Richard [Dragon] is, he’s very grounded. Like, he’s not a flamboyant Big Bad. He doesn’t wear a costume. He really is, you know, a crime lord, sort of in the, you know, Tobias Church model. But, uh, with Tobias, we really only saw him for like five episodes, so we were excited about the prospect of doing like a cool, gritty crime lord, uh, but for a longer period of time. We’ve never really done that on the show before. So it’s different."

-- On what he can tease about Michael Emerson's character, MG: "We're just lucky to have him on the show, quite frankly, because we've been huge fans of his... We are talking about him playing a character who's got a lot more nuance than the typical creepy guy role that he is often cast in. Um, and we've had a lot of creative discussions with him. And I think that's one of the things that has excited us and has excited Michael is that we really want to create a character in consultation and in conjunction with him. Uh, it's not just, 'hey, here's the script, go.' Uh, it's a real interesting, two-way back and forth."

-- On whether it's gratifying bringing back lesser known DC characters like Wild Dog and Mr. Terrific to the forefront, MG: "I just regret blowing them up on Lian Yu. Or not... It's really cool. I wrote Mr. Terrific when I was doing Justice Society for DC, and I've always loved that character. And I love Wild Dog in the original run. And it's a blast. And also, honestly, I love the fact that we're bringing in superheroes of color. Uh, you know, in the case of Curtis, you know, a gay superhero. That's, you know - I'm really excited that the lair, as it were, has become a real melting pot, uh, and with a lot of diversity behind all the different masks."

-- On whether we'll see more new members of Team Arrow this season, MG: "Um, good question. I'll say - that's very clever, like, how do I answer that without, uh, revealing who lives and who dies? ... I'll say that, regardless of what the size of the team is, post-Season 5, we're not looking right now to add additional people to it."

-- On where Olicity's headed this season (assuming Felicity survives), MG: "I'm going to give a very unsatisfying answer to the Olicity fans, which is - you know, we sort of set Oliver and Felicity on a certain trajectory, starting with 520, and we saw a little bit of it in 523, and we're just, you know - we're continuing it. Uh, I will say that the events of the finale did throw a little bit of a wrench into, you know - into their slow rekindling of their relationship." When interviewer asked if it threw a wrench into their plans to immediately go get dinner after, MG: "Yeah, that clearly did not happen. You know, island blew up and then, you know, 'oh, let's grab some food,' you know, 'we're in the South China Sea, maybe get some good Chinese food.' Didn't happen."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1