Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, tv echo said:

I'm going to try to get my own copy of TV Guide's SDCC cover issue this weekend (assuming they're out on news stands), so I can read for myself MG's quotes in context.

You are the best! I'm so glad you haven't decided to abandon us this season!!!!! S5 didn't drive you away!!!!!! 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Looking at what MG says in the quoted parts, he basically avoids answering the question.

Pretty much. It's the "I'm trying to keep surprise suspense and haters away from my social media" answer. 

• Love 2

He doesn't say anything new,just where they were at the end of season 5.

The stuff about redeeming Slade,idk how I feel about that.I liked the Slade Oliver friendship but they went too far with him,he killed Oliver's mother.It would be weird if he's forgiven for it in any way,even if they pretend he was just crazy from the mirakuru.

Just now, leopardprint said:

They might just have like a bullet point that says solicitud wedding and have not thought about anything else is relation to that so there isn't much to say. 

I'm still 50/59 they show up married in 601. 

I honestly expect that for the LGBT couple on Supergirl not the main couple on Arrow. 

The problem with redeeming Slade is I wonder if anyone's even taking into account how Thea feels about him. If WH again has a reduced episode count, I really hope they don't decide to have her leave town because she doesn't agree with anything that looks like forgiveness for Slade on Oliver's part and they once again act like she's wrong like last season. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

He doesn't say anything new,just where they were at the end of season 5.

The stuff about redeeming Slade,idk how I feel about that.I liked the Slade Oliver friendship but they went too far with him,he killed Oliver's mother.It would be weird if he's forgiven for it in any way,even if they pretend he was just crazy from the mirakuru.

I'm hoping redeem just means no longer villainous and not Olivers bff. Like Oliver is not going to forgive him or consider him an ally but recognise he's not the same person he put in that cell. 

• Love 4

I don't think they'll show up married,imo they'll keep doing the baby steps thing for a few episodes and then at some point they'll realize they don't need that and they're ready so they'll get married.

• Love 3

I don't think they'll be married or even together in 6x01. I think there will be some reason - like Oliver dedicating his time to William over the summer because Samantha is injured and unable to (pls not dead), so he and Felicity have an ~understanding to just take things glacially slow, and that will change at the beginning of the season for whatever reason.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The problem with redeeming Slade is I wonder if anyone's even taking into account how Thea feels about him. If WH again has a reduced episode count, I really hope they don't decide to have her leave town because she doesn't agree with anything that looks like forgiveness for Slade on Oliver's part and they once again act like she's wrong like last season. 

Until David spoiled it my spec was the character Oliver has a big rift with would be Thea over Slade. But that went out the window. 

Im guessing Slade is going to be instrumental in helping the characters survive the island and that may mild Theas feelings on him ever so slightly.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

He also planned and committed a terrorist act in Starling, the city that Oliver is the mayor of. He kidnapped Thea twice and also tried to kill her. He kidnapped Felicity and Laurel. I get Oliver has always been about redeeming people but geez like they don't have to be involved in your life. I guess that's the trade off for the Olicity wedding. Oliver doesn't really take Thea's feelings into consideration very often though (see dating Susan, MM).

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
(edited)

That's kind of the point of a redemption arc, though. Kind of implies he's going to have to do stuff over time to earn forgiveness, not that Oliver and company are just going to let him off the hook right away.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

That's kind of the point of a redemption arc, though. Kind of implies he's going to have to do stuff to earn forgiveness, not that Oliver and company are just going to let him off the hook right away.

But can he do that offscreen? With Myson? Maybe he can be Myson's nanny in offscreenlandia and hunt down Black Siren also offscreen. That would be a fitting punishment. MG can write a tie in graphic novel that I never have to read. 

Unpopular opinion, I honestly would rather watch Dinah's romantic adventures with Rene and Lance. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't think they'll be married or even together in 6x01. I think there will be some reason - like Oliver dedicating his time to William over the summer because Samantha is injured and unable to (pls not dead), so he and Felicity have an ~understanding to just take things glacially slow, and that will change at the beginning of the season for whatever reason.

I'm going on they're dating and taking it very slowly and keeping it somehwat chaste in 601. The 'not tonight, but soon' thing is a sleepover in my mind at this point.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

I'm still 50/59 they show up married in 601. 

However incompetent The CW has been about marketing Olicity, I feel it at least understands that Olicity does tick the meter when it comes to ratings and buzz. So it's not gonna waste a wedding during the hiatus. I'm willing to eat a hat on this. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Oh her hair

So present day BS as well

And according to Ken/Pursuit Siren was a bad guy, so I assume surviving the Island together didn't help Siren bond with the team much.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

And according to Ken/Pursuit Siren was a bad guy, so I assume surviving the Island together didn't help Siren bond with the team much.

I wonder who's going to punch her out this time?

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Five months of stalling with their relationship is a big stretch after they both were pretty much ready to go again on getting back together once they went home and had a chance to talk, but I'll be happy to ignore that as long as they taking steps forward and are happy and close in the meantime.  Well, happy enough, since there's no way I'd buy that they'd wait five months to be together (Capital T "together", baum chicka a wow wow - or should that be Capital X?) but I'll let fan fic fill in all the graphic details, lol.    

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6
(edited)

From JH's EW interview:

How will Black Siren feel about Dinah taking the Black Canary mantle?
Well, I think it’s going to be quite a battle. [Laughs] To be honest, I don’t know what the interaction between those two is going to be, but I do think she’ll see it as a challenge.

I'm already sick of seeing this question, even though I know JH had to be asked it, that I'm just going to be so annoyed once we get an interview with KC with the same exact question since that "replace me" line in the finale seemed to sum up her (illogical) feelings about it.

And from the TV Guide scans - I know it's TV Guide saying it, but "Canary-on-ex-Canary" - we don't know if Black Siren was ever a Canary. I feel like they just really wanted to put that and didn't care if it's factually correct? 

As for the William comment from MG - "Chase has exposed Oliver as being William's father" - I know it's just that William now knows, but it makes me kind of wish Chase had actually exposed that to the public because it would have been something else Oliver would have had to deal with upon returning from the island, sort of a, "Oliver thinks he's done dealing with Chase, but surprise!" (Sort of like how I wish Chase had had Black Siren pretend to be E1-LL in public and not just with the team and then Oliver would have had to deal with the aftermath once BS was locked up in 510. You would think that everyone would have looked to Oliver for answers since he's mayor and he's the one who had the statue built and outed LL as BC at her funeral.) 

Edited by insomniadreams88
left out a comma and "it"
(edited)

Was there any indication that E2 Laurel was Black Canary turned bad on her earth? I thought her little monologue about going evil had to do with Oliver dying or something, so it doesn't seem like there was anything before that. And she said she thought E1 Laurel was annoying or whatever, so why would she give a shit about someone taking her E1 counterpart's mantle? As usual, this is so dumb. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Was there any indication that E2 Laurel was Black Canary turned bad on her earth? I thought her little monologue about going evil had to do with Oliver dying or something, so it doesn't seem like there was anything before that. And she said she thought E1 Laurel was annoying or whatever, so why would she give a shit about someone taking her E1 counterpart's mantle? As usual, this is so dumb. 

None at all (that I remember). Then again, I feel like we should take anything BS said in S5 with a grain of salt. They could easily decide to say that her story is something completely different in S6 and everything she said in S5 was just her trying to manipulate the team. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I have no idea why she would care about any of the Black Canaries. She only knows whatever Chase told her about Laurel. I could see her fighting with Dinah because they have the same power but that has jack to do with Laurel or really Black Canary as defined by Arrow because neither LL nor SL had that meta human power. 

It's beyond stupid since the "Laurelness" of B.C. 2.0 is what sank the character. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I know it's just that William now knows, but it makes me kind of wish Chase had actually exposed that to the public because it would have been something else Oliver would have had to deal with upon returning from the island,

Is there any point to Oliver NOT publically claiming the kid as his son at this point?  It never keeps the bad guys from kidnapping him, so why not?  

5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I have no idea why she would care about any of the Black Canaries. She only knows whatever Chase told her about Laurel. I could see her fighting with Dinah because they have the same power but that has jack to do with Laurel or really Black Canary as defined by Arrow because neither LL nor SL had that meta human power. 

It's beyond stupid since the "Laurelness" of B.C. 2.0 is what sank the character. 

If E1 Laurel was alive, I could see there being a rivalry, BS being envious of her life or something, but why be envious of someone for having the BC mantel when she'd never had it or appeared to want.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

Oh her hair

So present day BS as well

Yeah, the hair looks terrible. It probably only looked decent in the promo shot because they photoshopped the heck out of it.

18 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

From JH's EW interview:

I'm already sick of seeing this question, even though I know JH had to be asked it that I'm just going to be so annoyed once we get an interview with KC with the same exact question since that "replace me" line in the finale seemed to sum up her (illogical) feelings about . 

Word. I just can't shake the feeling that the writers are merely creating this stupid Dinah/E2-Laurel conflict to give the Black Siren fans hope that she could eventually take Black Canary's place and keep the fandom wars going. Logically, Black Siren shouldn't give a damn about any Black Canary business because she's from a completely different world.  

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Yeah, the hair looks terrible. It probably only looked decent in the promo shot because they photoshopped the heck out of it.

I think the photoshoot was in May. So her hair musht have still been as during s5 of arrow.

I do have to admit that whenever I read BC my thoughts still go to Laurel. So, confusing me any further might not be the best idea.

I mean, maybe the BS storyline will be good because KC does the bad girl better imo but I'd hate for them to be like 'maybe she will be our LL'  all the time - she isn't. She isn't Quentin's daughter or Sara's sister or even a girl Oliver loved. She is someone who looks exactly like a person they lost but nothing else. 

• Love 9

Ever since Siren showed up on Flash I've assumed that her story deviates from E1 with Arrow season 2. Basically, their stories were almost identical before that, with each growing up in Starling City, dating Oliver, left behind while he went on a sex cruise, boat sinks, parents split, law school, Hood shows up five years later, Undertaking happens. There would be some different details (maybe no Sara, or just a different sex cruise woman, Robert returns instead) but the general trajectory was the same. Then, after the Undertaking, E2 moves to CC (since there's no Oliver to make her want to stay), becomes a meta, loves how the power makes her feel, meets Zoom who encourages her still lingering feelings of anger towards Oliver (since E2 never gets to tell him off) and not only slides into villainy but finds she enjoys it.  

Or, since it was Flash, E2 is a villain because all the E2 female metas are evil. 

• Love 1

That quote from MG about Olicity encapsulates watching Arrow for me. I kinda understand what he's trying to say but it's not entirely clear because he says it in a way that is more complicated than necessary -- "We've always written toward it, even when we were writing away from it, you know?"

6 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I'm hoping redeem just means no longer villainous and not Olivers bff. Like Oliver is not going to forgive him or consider him an ally but recognise he's not the same person he put in that cell. 

I don't see them as "BFFs" but occasional allies would work.  I think Oliver has already kind of forgiven Slade simply because he blames himself for Slade's condition, even though he used the Mirakuru on Slade to save his life.  Thea should be a very different story.  Slade murdered her mother in front of her and Thea doesn't have any "island extenuating good memories" of Slade.  I just hope we don't see some crazy shit like Thea trying to get to Slade through his son or some other "I'm the child of Malcolm Merlyn and Moira Queen.  I will embrace the darkness within me to take my revenge!" stuff.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I think the photoshoot was in May. So her hair musht have still been as during s5 of arrow.

See, I thought the same thing but her hair looks different in the leaked pics from May compared to the photoshopped promo photo that was released yesterday. It's much blonder and bears a strong resemblance to her current ombre look, so they either must have added the blonde in after the fact or the picture was taken fairly recently. Whatever the case may be, the real thing looks a heck of a lot worse than the photoshopped version. 

Edited by strikera0
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I took MG's quote as admittance that Olicity are the OTP of all OTPs.

That plus:

Also don't expect Oliver to hook up with any other women on the show cough*canariesaliveanddopplegangers*cough because Stephen either hates them (KC) or wonders what the are even doing in the scene (CP/JH) when playing off them.

• Love 7

I think MG is trying to say that the writers know the chemistry shines through so even when they they are trying to write Oliver and Felicity apart for plot purposs (e.g. 2B, 5A), they still write some bits to show how how connected they are (e.g. "my girl" and Oliver going to save Thea after Felicity tells him to go in 2B, "mom and pop are fighting" in 5A).

7 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Im guessing Slade is going to be instrumental in helping the characters survive the island and that may mild Theas feelings on him ever so slightly.

Thea may also be more sympathetic since she has experienced the blood lust from the Pit and knows herself what it's like to experience compulsions to do things that you wouldn't do if you were your normal self.

• Love 4