Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Must be from new photo shoot...

I guess it's a spoiler if we're not supposed to know which characters survived the S5 finale explosion...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

(From below video) MG: "The season premiere of Season 6 will have a flashback." Interviewer: "The island? Or just a flashback?" MG: "To the island. Um, if you take me literally at my word, then yes, back to the island." 

'Arrow' Says Goodbye To The Island Flashbacks
Published on May 24, 2017, by Access Hollywood

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Nothing new, but still spoilers...

#AwesomeCon2017 John Barrowman talks Captain Jack & Malcolm Merlin
Published on Jun 18, 2017, by Christopher E. Filby

-- Child fan: "Is Malcolm Merlyn going to be on the new season of Arrow? ... I"m really sad if he's not."  JB: "Do you want the honest answer? (Audience yells, "Yes!") No. I'm very upset about it. You, too? C'mere, give me a hug. (Hugs child fan) Your mom loves Malcolm Merlyn? Where's your mom? ... No, Malcolm's not going to be back... Without going into - I love the show. I know that characters have to change. I know that characters have to killed off, shows must change, they must grow and develop. I get it. But... (sighs) what I don't - didn't agree with was the way they killed him. Because my feeling is that they did it because they didn't want any fans knowing that he really was dead. Because they - he died off camera. 'Cause when I had the conversation with them, I actually said to them, 'Will he be coming back? I want you to tell me.' They said, 'No, we don't have any intention of bringing him back.' So there you go... Thank you. You all tweeted about Black Canary. Why not me?" (Audience member yelled, "You're much more important than Black Canary!")

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Arrow boss on lethal cliffhanger
NATALIE ABRAMS• JUNE 22, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/22/arrow-season-6-who-died-guggenheim-spoilers/amp/

Superhero Insider - Marc Guggenheim Returns!
June. 22, 2017

-- After Kyle Anderson introduced MG and gushed all over S5, he asked at what point in the past 5 years, did MG get the sense of how S5 was going to wrap up. MG replied: "Oh, uh, good question. I would say very early on. Um, you know, usually what we do is we roll straight - you know, we go straight from breaking the season finale into what we call a mini-gap. Uh, and we work for about a month, uh, you know, thinking of big stroke, uh, big picture kind of plot ideas for the upcoming season. So basically, like, while Wendy and I are, you know, doing, you know, writing the finale and doing post-prod, you know, pre-production and post-production on it, uh, the writers are coming up with sort of big picture ideas. And we take a two-week break, uh, and we come back. And I would say that last year we probably came up with this ending, I would say, just like a couple of weeks post that two-week hiatus. So, very early on in the process."

-- Natalie Abrams asked what were MG's hopes for Oliver in terms of his character journey in S5. MG replied: "Well, we were really looking to have Oliver be stripped down to his, you know, really to his [unintelligible word]. We wanted him to face a villain that would really kind of deconstruct him. Um, and the other thing we were trying to take advantage of - really is the longevity of the show. Because, you know, there's Arrow and there's Flash, and Supergirl, and Legends. But Arrow's been around the longest, and we felt there's opportunity for Arrow to do something the other shows really can't do, which is to have, you know, events from Season 1 come back to haunt him in Season 5. Um, and we really liked the idea of a villain who's essentially someone who Oliver created by virtue of the actions he took in Season 1. Um, and, you know, as we sort of learned, uh, you know, Adrian essentially went off on his own journey over the past, you know, four - previous four seasons of Arrow to become Prometheus, so that he could return to Star City and exact revenge. So we were kind of, you know, intrigued by the idea that Oliver essentially in Season 1 sowed the seeds of his own nemesis."

-- Natalie then gushed over the new recruits in S5 (Wild Dog and Black Canary) and asked about what kind of fan feedback he was getting about the newbies back in the beginning of the season. MG replied: "You know, it's interesting, um, I will say, you know, this was something we had - this idea of expanding the team, uh, and bringing in these new recruits - was something that we thought of doing - we thought of the idea towards the end of Season 4. We thought it would be something interesting because, you know, when you start to get into a fifth season of a show and now a sixth season, you really have to mix things up, uh, because otherwise the show just becomes very stale and you are just recycling old stories and old dynamics. So we - we instinctively felt that the team needed some fresh blood and I think we were - you know, we were surprised, uh, that the recruits ended up being - polarizing overstates it, I think, but controversial. You know, some people absolutely loved the recruits. Other people, uh, felt that having new members of the team des - you know, detracted from, you know, what they loved - which is, you know, what they call 'OTA', which is, you know, the original trio of, uh, Oliver, Diggle and Felicity. Um, but what I think was most surprising - at least to me about that - was that there have always been a lot of people in the lair apart from Oliver, Diggle and Felicity. Um, you know, we've had Laurel, we've had Roy, we've had Thea, we've had Sara. Um, you know, it's always - Team Arrow has always been, uh, a bigger group than just that core trio. Um, so I was a little surprised, you know, by some people objecting to it. But at the same time, you know, I think that's kind of the nature of Arrow, which is, we do a lot of things and, uh, our fans enjoy debating the pros and cons of the creative choices we make."

-- Kyle then raved about the "Spectre of the Gun" episode and how "fantastic" it was. MG explained how he came up with that episode (wanted to do at least one topical episode in a 23-episode season, felt issue of gun violence was "relevant" to the show).

-- Natalie wanted to revisit "OTA" and asked if it was their intention to make sure Felicity and Diggle each had their own version of the "island" ("fire they had to walk through") this season. MG replied: "Yes, for sure. I mean, I think... Diggle, poor Diggle - he's sorta had multiple fires to walk through. He had, you know, his issues with, you know, General Walker, but even in Season 4, uh, he went through the darkness of killing his own brother. Um, with Felicity, that was absolutely our intention in Season 5, but it was a bit trickier because, you know, Felicity's really the light in the show. She's the major chords in the otherwise minor key symphony. And, you know, we were very cognizant of - how do we tell a story that has Felicity, you know, in a somewhat darker circumstance and a somewhat more challenging circumstance, without, quite frankly, uh, ruining the things that make her such a special character. Um, and, we - you know, in the writers room we gravitated towards this notion of Helix, uh, and this notion of her being somewhat morally compromised and, uh, in the process - in the process sort of starting to walk - maybe not a mile in Oliver's shoes, but, you know, a couple of feet in Oliver's shoes. And that - and we saw this come to fruition in Episode 20 Underneath - there was a little bit more understanding on her part for what Oliver's been dealing with and wrestling with over the previous five years. And that, I think, uh, empathy gave her the ability to, you know, get past some of her issues with his behavior, um, from the previous four years." Kyle then told MG that they chose "Underneath" as their favorite Arrow episode this past season. MG: "Oh wow!"

-- Kyle asked about the genesis of 520 (Underneath) and how it came about. MG replied: "It came about, I think, as the result of the confluence of two different events. Um, you know, we -we always knew from very early on in the season, that we were going to get Oliver and Felicity sort of into a circumstance whereby they would essentially deal with all their shit. (Laughs) Um, you know, they were, you know - we knew that - that we were going to place, like I said, Felicity, uh, in a story where she would start to develop her empathy for Oliver, um, and that that empathy would lead them to have, quite frankly, the adult conversation that they didn't have in Season 4. Um, and at around the same time, we were reaching the point in the season where, you know, we're pretty far over budget and we're starting to talk about bottle episodes to save some money because we need to, you know, have a reservoir of dollars left to end the season in high style as it were. And I believe it was Brian Ford Sullivan, uh, who came up, you know, with idea of Oliver and Felicity being trapped in the bunker. We sort of called it the 'Chilean Coal Miners' episode... And it was all about everyone trying to get Oliver and Felicity out of this dire set of circumstances. But it, you know - it really, you know, made the episode kind of like a play, because we wanted to put Oliver and Felicity together, uh, in a circumstance that forced them - or at the very least gave them the opportunity to deal, uh, with all their issues, um, and deal with them in an adult way. I don't - and we wrote this into the episode - I don't think they really did that in Season 4. Uh, you know, at the end of Episode 415, Felicity just walked out the door, and they never really talk about all the things that broke them up in the first place. So we were - we were - it's always nice when you plan on doing something at the beginning of the season and you get the - you know, the latter third of the season, you finally get the chance to turn these cars over that you always intended or hoped to turn over."

-- Kyle then raved about the S5 finale episode and asked about how many iterations they had to go through. MG said that there weren't many. They already had a list and what was going to happen (everyone close to Oliver would be kidnapped and taken to the island, Oliver would have to put together the "dirty dozen" to go rescue them, they wanted Nyssa, Malcolm and Slade). MG added: "I will say, Black Siren went back and forth. We had, uh - we had discussions about whether or not she should be allied with Chase at the end or allied with Oliver at the end, um, albeit begrudgingly. Um, and we, uh, you know, went back and forth and debated the pros and cons of it. Um, and we really felt that, you know, true to Evil Laurel's character, uh, she wouldn't, uh, help Oliver, you know, out in the circumstance. It would make more sense that she would be aligned with Chase, who she actually has to thank for her freedom from getting out of the Pipeline, um, where she was being held captive on Flash. Um,so -  it also gave us more - you know, more interesting places to go with her character in Season 6."

-- Natalie then asked if it was fun for them to play with the same actress but as a different character. MG: "Yeah, absolutely... For us, it was really simple, um, in that, you know, when Katie came back to be Black Siren in 510, we watched the cut of 510 and we were so - like, so excited, uh, about this iteration of Laurel. Um, it just really - Katie just crushed it. And you can tell it - I think it shows how much fun Katie is having playing this version of Laurel. And we were like - you know, we did what we always do, which is, if something's really working on the screen, uh, we find a way to write towards it. Um, and I will say, like, just - in the interest of, you know,  the whole, uh, series regular of it all, um, a few things to - I know everyone's like trying to, uh, determine who survives, who dies, what is the result of the cliffhanger, um, you know, based upon people's contractual status? And I would say, uh, don't - that's not necessarily a good idea. And the example I like to point to is, um, that was true, say, in Walking Dead, which, you know, they kinda had a season finale similar - uh, similar to where you had a group of characters, you know, all of whom were, uh, series regulars in a dire situation at the end of their season. And, uh, just because they were series regulars did not mean that everyone came out of that cliffhanger alive, as we know - spoiler alert for people who haven't, you know, seen Walking Dead."

-- MG then talked about wrapping up the flashbacks and bringing them around full circle. He mentioned that GB was the one who suggested adding an additional flashback scene on the boat after Oliver is rescued from the island. MG then got Susanna Thompson for that scene.

-- Kyle asked about any format changes in S6. MG said that they weren't radically changing the format. He also mentioned changing things up to keep the show fresh and said that the show has "earned the right to try new and different things". However, he said that he doesn't believe in changing things up just to change things up, and that it "has to be driven by the story... It can't be a format change just to be a format change. That's the cart dragging the horse." He then added one idea he had that would be an outlier episode. He said that there will be a topical episode in S6. (MG also said that they have had serious discussions about doing a puppet episode for LoT.)

-- Natalie then asked what Oliver was now going to be like going forward. MG: "The Oliver Queen that you'll meet in 601, um, he's still the Oliver you know and sometimes love. But he's - he has a different sense of himself. Um, you know, one of the ways we are, uh, you know, sort of describing it is, typically in Act 4 of any given episode, uh, someone is giving Oliver advice. And in Season 6, I think you'll see Oliver giving the people in his life the advice. For a change. You know, he's been through five years of being, uh, this superhero and then he went through, as he says at the beginning of every episode, five years in hell, uh, before that. So, you know, he's got 10 years of very heavy experience, uh, to start to bring to bear, um, and that's something we're kind of interested in - uh, seeing, you know, more of a mentoring kind of Oliver, um, as the various people in his life face their challenges."

-- Kyle asked about the mega, 4-show crossover, next season. MG said that they've already had some discussions and that he, GB and AK will have their first meeting to talk about it next week. They have some "exciting ideas," although it'll be hard to top aliens. MG: "Very early on in the process of doing last year's crossover, Greg said that there's probably no way to get bigger than aliens. So the best way to make the crossover - next year's crossover, this year's crossover - uh, you know, especially epic is, if you can't increase the sort of, you know, bombast, increase the emotional, uh, stakes and the emotional payoffs. Um, so, that's a very oblique, uh, comment on where our heads are at, here for this season."

-- MG: “One thing I got to say about the Arrow finale is, you know... A lot of the discussion that we’ve had and a lot of the discussion I see online is very binary. It's very - like, people either live or they’ll die. And, uh, I probably shouldn't spoil this, but, um, there are other consequences that can come out of what happened at the end of 523. And, uh - while everyone is focused on one thing, you know us on Arrow, we may be doing something else.

-- Kyle requested that they bring back Cody Rhodes, one of his favorite VOTW. MG: "He absolutely is, by the way. I mean, we love him, we love his performance. He is an incredibly sweet guy. Super talented. Yeah, uh, we're - I mean, he's one of our faves, so, um, you know, I would not rule out at all seeing a lot more of him in Season 6."

-- Natalie asked if they've ever thought of doing an Al Ghul sisters spinoff. MG said that the idea of doing another spinoff is "too daunting" right now, but "you never know." MG said that they've also fantasized about doing an all-girl superhero team (Nyssa, Sara, Thea).

-- Natalie then asked a LoT question about Rip versus the Legends next season. MG said that in S2, Rip had turned evil, but in S3, Rip is not evil, but he's just the guy who's trying to do things the proper way, while the Legends do things in a more unorthodox way.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Natalie simply took this quote from MG's Superhero Insider interview...

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Pretty Little Liars, Arrow, Chicago Fire, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS   JUNE 23, 2017
http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/23/spoiler-room-pretty-little-liars-arrow-chicago-fire/

Do you know who survived the explosion on Arrow? — Karen
EP Marc Guggenheim cautions not to feel safe in the assumption that most of the core characters will definitely survive because they’re expected to return next season. “I know everyone is trying to determine who survives, who dies, what is the result of the cliffhanger based upon people’s contractual status, and I would say that’s not necessarily a good idea,” he says. “The example I like to point to is that was true in Walking Dead. They had a season finale similar where you had a group of characters, all of whom were series regulars, in a dire situation at the end of their season. Just because they were series regulars did not mean that everyone came out of that cliffhanger alive.”

(edited)
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

-- On what was the objective of Susan Williams because her storyline ended with the breakup and whether her research was going to be revealed, SA: "Um, yeah, that - that storyline did end rather abruptly, but that doesn't mean that it's over. I certainly had a blast working with, uh - I certainly had a blast working with Carly and hopefully there'll be a chance to do that in Season 6 because obviously she knows stuff. And, um, that's always very interesting."

-- Fan said that she looked forward to seeing Oliver's relationship with William and that she hoped we'll see William bonding with Felicity, Diggle and Thea now that William knows Oliver is his father and the GA. On what we might expect to see, SA: "Well, that's a great question. It's a really good question. And I can't expound on any of it. You know. Very excited to have Jack on board playing William and I, you know - we will see him in Season 6. And, uh, those are always really fun scenes to shoot... I can't really say anything else." 

Edited by tv echo

Again, Natalie just took one of MG's quotes from last week's Superhero Insider podcast interview and put it into this article...

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Game of Thrones, Blindspot, OUAT, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS JUNE 30, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/30/spoiler-room-game-thrones-blindspot-once-upon-time/

Do you have any hints on the upcoming four-way Arrow-Flash-Supergirl-Legends of Tomorrow crossover? — Candice
While it’s hard to top an alien invasion, the powers that be will at least try — but in a different way. “If we end up doing what we’re talking about doing, it’s going to be pretty cool,” EP Marc Guggenheim says. “The crossover is always the most challenging thing we do, but it’s also the most fun. Every year we feel the pressure [to top ourselves]. I feel like each crossover has topped the previous one. Topping last year’s, that’s a high bar, if for no other reason than what do you do that’s bigger than aliens? We’ve got some very, very exciting ideas…. Very early on in the process of doing last year’s crossover, Greg [Berlanti] said there’s probably no way to get bigger than aliens, so the best way to make the [next] crossover especially epic is if you can’t increase the bombast, increase the emotional stakes and the emotional payoffs, so that’s a very oblique comment on where our heads are at for this season.”

(edited)

From MCM Dublin Comic Con on July 1st...

-- Manu Bennett: "But Deathstroke. You know, the producer of Arrow rang me at 3 o' clock yesterday morning, when I was asleep. The phone rang and it was Marc Guggenheim. Anyway, that's about Season 6. You'll see."

Arrow Season Six - Manu Bennett suggests the return of Deathstroke
Published on Jul 6, 2017, by Angie Adams

MCM Dublin Q&A with Manu Bennett. He discussed his time on Spartacus and hints at the return of Deathstroke in Arrow S06

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

First Two Arrow Season 6 Directors Revealed?
July 5, 2017 Craig Byrne
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/first-two-arrow-season-6-directors-revealed/

Arrow Season 6 filming starts this week and it appears we have learned the names of the first two directors of the new season, which premieres Thursday, October 12 on The CW.

Unless we hear otherwise, it appears the Arrow season premiere is directed by fan favorite James Bamford. Bamford directed the first two episodes of Season Five as well as the blockbuster 100th episode which was part of the “Invasion!” crossover.

The second director for Arrow Season 6 will be Laura Belsey. Her previous Arrow credits include “Canary Cry,” “Human Target,” and “Honor Thy Fathers.”

Filming begins July 7 and is expected to continue through to the end of April 2018.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

This is just another MG quote taken from his June 22 EW Superhero Insider podcast interview with Kyle Anderson and Natalie Abrams...

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Bull, Scandal, Hawaii Five-0, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS JULY 7, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/07/spoiler-room-bull-scandal-hawaii-five-0/

Anything you can tease for Arrow? — Rachelle
In the wake of the island explosion and everything Chase put Oliver through last year, the Emerald Archer will be a changed man. “This season, we’re trying to give you a different version of Oliver,” EP Marc Guggenheim says. “Because of the journey he went on in season 5, he finally got to a place where he was ready to follow everyone’s advice and discard the past and move on with his life. The Oliver Queen that you’ll meet in 601, he’s still the Oliver you know and sometimes love, but he has a different sense of himself… In season 6, I think you’ll see Oliver giving the people in his life the advice for a change. He’s been through five years of being this superhero and he went through five years of hell before that, so he’s got 10 years of very heavy experience to start to bring to bare, [sic] and that’s something we’re interested in seeing more of a mentoring Oliver as the various people in his life face their challenges.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

From HVFF-Nashville today - I don't believe these tweets have been posted yet (but with some spoilers being posted here and some spoilers being posted in the Spoiler Discussion thread, it's sometimes difficult to keep track)..

Edited by tv echo

So, I think I got a spoiler that no one else got, but I can’t add a break cause moble Tumblr, so I’m doing an old fashioned scroll down.

There’s my Diggle that DR signed. I told him that I had been holding out for a real Spartan Pop and he told me that Diggle will be the Green Arrow for part of the season! Then said that was a big spoiler and gave me a hug. God, I hope he’s not gonna get in trouble for me posting this but ahhhhhhhh

http://emmilynestill.tumblr.com/post/162757808490/so-i-think-i-got-a-spoiler-that-no-one-else-got

(edited)

Videos of SA panel from HVFF-Nashville yesterday - only spoilery portions transcribed below (transcriptions of nonspoilery portions are posted in the Social Media thread)...

Stephen Amell Part 1 Panel 7-8-17
Published on Jul 8, 2017, by Pia Val
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jexVNVmN1IQ

-- Mod commented that beginning of S5 was "so heavily influenced by the death of Laurel" and asked if the end of S5's "impact would carry over" to S6. SA: "I saw that Marc tweeted that the, uh, cover script for episode 601 is 'Fallout.' And, um, it's very much a - it's very much, uh, about what happened on the island and how it affects everyone that survives. Yeah." 

-- SA: "Day 1 of production was yesterday... Day 1 of production for me is not until Monday. That's the first time in six seasons that, you know, I haven't - I wasn't there to start it off. But they very kindly gave me a day off because I wrapped filming on Code 8 at 6 o'clock in the morning on Thursday morning. I wanted like a day. Can I have a day? Please."

-- On 2 truths and 1 lie about 601, SA: "Oliver and Slade have a scene in the present day... Diggle, uh, fires and misses someone, as in, like, he deploys his gun and it doesn't work... And, uh, Thea is in a present day scene where we speak to one another."

-- On what's happening with flashbacks in S6, SA: "There are, uh, flashbacks in the first episode that take us back to the immediate aftermath of the events in the finale, which is, um, one of the reasons that I had to shave my beard, so I could match up with 523. The other reason was because it was disgusting... But, uh, there are no flashbacks in the second episode. I think that flashbacks are going to be something we deploy - you know, how occasionally in the course of five seasons it typically has been Oliver's flashback? Sometimes there have been episodes with no flashbacks. And sometimes we've had flashbacks where we focus in on, um, Diggle or Felicity or Rene. Um, I think that's what will happen this year - that we will have the occasional flashback... but we aren't telling a linear story anymore about Oliver's time on the island. We brought that one full circle."

-- SA said that it's a "good sign" when he's on the phone with WM and she's telling him about upcoming episodes for S6 and he's like, "Really? That's awesome!"

Stephen Amell Part 2 Panel 7-8-17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK6qnwPO1gw

-- On whether we'll see Oliver playing a bigger role in his son's life in S6, SA: "Yeah, yeah. William is a very important part of Season 6. How Oliver adjusts to being a dad. How the people around him adjust to him being a dad. How the people around him adjust to William. Uh, is a - is a central, integral part of Season 6. It's really - it's a lot about family."

-- Fan said that there was an article saying that SA wanted to do more comic book storylines. SA: "That was actually from the last Heroes & Villains that we did, where I was getting asked questions and I'd say, 'I'd like to' and the headline is 'Stephen Amell demands' or 'proclaims.' Um, obviously, the Oliver Queen that a lot of people know from the comics, um, if they were familiar with that character before they were familiar with my iteration of the character, um, is a lot more, I guess, you know, idealistic, politically-driven a little bit, and, you know, funny. He smiles. And, um, obviously the character that we met in Season 1, you know, I had just gone through a horrific series of events. And, you know, now he's a little bit more well-adjusted. So I would hope that, as that happens, the character still gets to evolve a little bit. I think that would push him more towards the areas that people are familiar with in the comics. A sense of humor. You know, a light-heartedness. That being said, our show is our show. And bad things happen all the time. So, um - but hopefully, we get some of those overtones this year. And, you know, beyond."

-- Mod: "Goatee, man?" SA: "It's so gross."

-- More on S6 flashbacks, SA: "They're a piece of the episodes that have always been important, whether it's, you know, illuminating something in a flashback to help us learn a lesson in the present day. Um, I feel like, even though we're done that linear story, they are part of the show's DNA. So I would expect to see them on a relatively regular basis. Maybe."

Stephen Amell Part 3 Panel 7-8-17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsYdaDTzN_Y

-- On the island destruction affecting Arrow, SA: "Yeah. I mean, it's a cataclysmic event. Right? It has repercussions for every single person that survives. Um, which could be nobody."

-- SA: "I don't know if we'll see flashbacks of Slade. Um, we could. I can report that Manu Bennett is back to being a part of the show and I think we'll see him multiple times this year. Which is awesome."

-- SA: "More breaking news. Oliver has an apartment this year. And we have somebody returning to the show this year that we have not seen since Season 1."

-- On the most emotional scene he ever shot on Arrow, SA: "It's really difficult to pick between the death of the Tommy, um, and the death of Moira. Uh, those were both incredibly devastating things. But, uh - and obviously the - the scene that I shot with Katie that aired in the, um - that aired in the Season 5 premiere, actually - um, that was an oddly - that was oddly emotional too, for me personally, because I was sad that Katie was leaving the show. And now, of course, you know, we have a version of - a different version of Laurel Lance, uh, with us this year. But, uh, yeah, probably the - probably the death of Moira and Tommy. Those were really tough."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

ComicBook.com likes to take one live interview (see video below) and then break up the actor's quotes into separate articles...

Stephen Amell Describes Arrow Season 6's New Course And Scarred Survivors
by Brandon Davis | July 12, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/12/arrow-season-6-survivors-scars-stephen-amell-/

"The impact of the finale is gonna be felt throughout the season," Amell said. "There's always like a cataclysmic moment in every one of our seasons that always influences everything. For us, it was the explosion on the island. If anyone survived, they didn't survive without emotional and or physical scars."
Amell, and many of Arrow's fans, see Season 5 as one of the series' best years if not comfortably atop the leaderboard. For the actor, it is easy to identify why the most recent season was such a success. "Season 5, it was the end of chapter, and maybe even a book," Amell said. "Season 6, I don't think that we can equal the weight, because we can't take a bunch of stories full circle again but I feel like we can set off on a new course and do a really great job with it."

With over 100 episodes in the rear-view mirror, the team behind Arrow continues to reinvent the series heading into their sixth season. "This year is the first year, we're going to have James Bamford on as a producing director on the show, which is something new," Amell points out. "I think that's it's really important, and [Arrow executive producer] Greg Berlanti has always said, as you move through a show, it's important that you groom people and then you hand if off to them. It's kind of like, every once in a while a sports team needs a new manage. They tune out that coach. It's not that we tuned out anyone, it's just that, I think that Season 5, all things being equal, considering that its our fifth season, all things being in play. I think it's our strongest year."

The CW/DC Crossover Will Be Bigger And Different This Year
by Brandon Davis | July 12, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/12/arrow-supergirl-flash-crossover-stephen-amell-2017-/

"I think that the whole idea is that after the success of last year, we tone it down, and not include all the shows and just kind of make it as pedestrian as possible," the actor joked, before adding, "Or the exact opposite of that!"
"I think the idea this year, from what I understand is, last year they said four-night crossover but in a lot of ways, Supergirl was just kind of a lead in to The Flash, so I think this year they really want to get everyone involved," Amell said. "It's not going to be a four-night, well I guess four-night, but Legends and Flash are on the same night. I think they want to get everyone involved in every show. I like having the anchor, we have the anchor this year, Thursday night."

With Arrow moving to Thursday nights this fall, Amell's series will serve as the culmination of the crossover event. "I would rather be last than first," Amell points out.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1