Type keyword(s) to search

S30 Casting

• Start Topic

As Invasion Of The Champions enters its home stretch, we are guanteed two things: fucking Johnny isn't going to win this time, and Bunim-Murray Productions is getting the ball rolling on the thirtieth season. Think about that . . . remember when this was basically Circus Of The BMP Stars, and not a contender for America's fifth major league sport? And now they're hitting season #30. Yet another reason to pull the plug.

Same rules apply as S29: this is for casting speculation and spoilers only. No results spoilers! The rest we can figure out as we go.

There has been speculation on Vevmo and Facebook, but I usually go with Stop Being Polite. This is their first S30 article. I'm thinking it will be updated as the rumors die down.

As you can see, we got a lot of usual suspects, including fucking Johnny Nolife and Aneesa, whom I like more than Beth but probably has the same chance of winning as her. There are a few names that look inoffensive, like Shane (did he come up short yet again?), Darrell (still looking for win #5? Looking to tie Johnny?), LaToya, and DJ MazzaRobbie. Also, Nicole from Skeletons is in the "maybe" pile, which surprises me since I heard she was one-and-done. And we get a lot of new headaches thrown in from AYTO, Stranded With A Million Dollars and The Real World, including fucking Chris and Dylan from Go Big Or Go Home. I mean, nice that Dione and his friends are probably doing more embarrassing shit that following Insane Clown Posse, but they both sucked. Where's Ceejai and Sabrina? Probably fearing a return from Racist Jenna (in contrast to Poor Life Decisions Jenna). Oh, and the first comment suggests Teege will be replace by a "Vitor Cruz." I think that person meant Victor Cruz of the New York Giants.

Any reactions and/or new sources to feed us during the wait for S30?

I like season 29 in that it hasn't played out like previous seasons, with same vets outsmarting newbies who fail to gang up against the vets despite greater numbers.

Well season 29 kind of started that way but several of the vets have been eliminated.

be good to see Bananas and other regulars bite it in the new season but maybe Bunin Murray thinks Johnny should win again since he didn't win in season 29.

Will he ever pay for the double cross when he screwed over Sarah?  Who will trust him again?

51 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

What in the hell is stranded with a million dollars?

30 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Another dumb MTV show…so you know I'm going to check it out.

The current season is absolutely enraging. Like, I have never been so angry over a TV show in my life. I recommend giving it a shot. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

So far, I only saw one SWAMD name. Is that person a pain in the ass? I'm assuming they all are, given it's a reality show on MTV.

It depends on whose side you take in the shit-show situation that has unfolded on the show. Personally, I think Makani (the person listed) is a fucking hero, and am excited to see her on The Challenge. 

SBP updates the list. Usual favorites, toolbags, and non-entities. Jordan has not learned to be happy with outlasting Johnny twice in one season, and he might be coming back. Ditto Derrick "Wee Dee" Kosinski, though he was supposed to come out of retirement this season. And Chris from GBOGH is still in there, even though he's got a gig as a cuddler. Long story, but at least Dylan's name is not here. But the mindblowing rumored name: Veronica. Yes . . . from Semester at Sea. In 1999, which is almost reality television prehistory. I would've thought her experience on The Ruins would have kept her away, between getting hit by Tonya and getting eliminated midway through. I'd rather see Susie come back, if only to kick Johnny in the dick on Sarah's behalf.

Veronica. Fucking hell. I mean, at least it's not Beth, but damn.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

[FlavorFlave] Wooooooooooooow! Where the heck has she been?  I can't stand her, but I would love to see her pull her mean girl crap on this generation of mean girls.  OG Mean Girls vs Millenial Mean Girls.  There's your premise; you're welcome, BMP!

Also, so glad it's not Beth, but you know good and well that if she were offered, she would accept in a nano-second.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1
On 4/20/2017 at 1:02 AM, Lantern7 said:

SBP updates the list. Usual favorites, toolbags, and non-entities. Jordan has not learned to be happy with outlasting Johnny twice in one season, and he might be coming back. Ditto Derrick "Wee Dee" Kosinski, though he was supposed to come out of retirement this season. And Chris from GBOGH is still in there, even though he's got a gig as a cuddler. Long story, but at least Dylan's name is not here. But the mindblowing rumored name: Veronica. Yes . . . from Semester at Sea. In 1999, which is almost reality television prehistory. I would've thought her experience on The Ruins would have kept her away, between getting hit by Tonya and getting eliminated midway through. I'd rather see Susie come back, if only to kick Johnny in the dick on Sarah's behalf.

I would tune in if Veronica came back. But I don't see her lasting very long. She was a decent athlete during her day, but she won't have any allies now, unless either Wes or Kellyanne comes back.

Susie would be an interesting addition. I don't really like her, but she is basically the female Bananas when it comes to these games- above average in terms of physical ability, and very good at manipulating people. And she hates Bananas. Susie would be a far better foil to Bananas than Wes was. But Bananas would probably realize this and approach her with a truce, which I'm sure she'd take.

One thing I will say for Susie- I don't think she would have sat silently by while Vince and Johnny bullied Cheyenne, Sarah. I'll never be team Susie, but I'd take her over most of these assholes. But I'm sure she's long gone. Veronica is better than nothing.

The talk about ancient veterans makes me want to YouTube a bunch of awesome old Challenges before it was called The Challenge. Isn't Beth pushing 50? She is absolutely is over 45. For that matter, Bananas has to be pretty close to 40, right?

31 minutes ago, DucksFlyTogether said:

Johnny's 34.  Everyone complains about him, but can please Camila drop dead soon?  She has never once done anything interesting to me.  I don't even remember where she came from.

Yes!  I am so incredibly tired of Camila. 

• Love 3

Two things I noticed:

1. According to SBP, this is the cast. Apparently, they departed a few days ago. I'm thinking there might be a few hiccups, but this might be it.

2. There's nobody from Bad Blood. Works for me. Seriously, Tyara could show up with a Whitney Gilbert accent, and I'd barely care. Mike and Pete can come in for the express purpose of beating the shit out of each other before TJ does his intro spiel, and nobody would give a shit. "Look, the psycho is wailing on the tattooed psycho. When are we gonna get to the pad?"

Also, I'd like to lock Camila in a room with Abi-Maria from Survivor in order to determine who's the most psycho Brazilian.

• Love 2

I would actually love to see Veronica again. Though I understand her detractors, with the exception of The Inferno II, I can at least understand where she was coming from with her behavior (yes, even with Katie on The Inferno, as much as I love Katie) on her other seasons.

I'm a bit surprised at the potential inclusion of Jemmye, as I had assumed she was done after Knight's death.

• Love 2

I think Veronica is at her best when her life is threatened. Like Amaya laying her out in Challenge 2000. Or Psycho Julie tugging on her safety line. Or Katie coming close to strangling her. Hate her. Hated seeing the preview for Inferno II with Rachel, smirking about Sarah's illicit romance with Theo. In my mind, those two probably didn't go that far, and Rachel and Veronica probably took hits off Abram's skin bong. How were those bitches so much better? I know, Sarah is probably way over that, but I can't jump that hurdle.

• Love 2

Some of these old timers should be at a stage in life where the relatively paltry money -- $350k in total prizes but split several ways -- shouldn't be a huge monetary incentive to come back, risk humiliation.

They're going to spend time with people 10-20 years younger.  What is the upside for them?  Maybe for an older guy, if they think they can hook up with the young chicks, that would be one thing.

But it may say something about how little they've done with their life where the potential $100k (if they win come in first, which is unlikely) is a big deal to them.

2 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I'm a bit surprised at the potential inclusion of Jemmye, as I had assumed she was done after Knight's death.

Didn't she also just have a kid recently? Or was that a while ago???

I think BMP's excuse would be, "Well, we did have a season without Johnny, and nobody reacted well. That might have been due to the three assholes from the bad San Diego season and the butch lady that took most of their abuse. But yeah, we needed Johnny. That's why we teamed him with Frank in the following season, even though they never met before."

• Love 1

How did no one mention CT IS ON THE LIST?!?!? I don't even care about anyone else, I'll watch just for those eyes/that voice (and the witty commentary). If you'd told me back when I was watching psycho a-hole Chris on RW: Paris that he'd be my favorite BMP cast member of all time, I'd ask for a hit of whatever you were smoking.

CT.png

Edited by ddiced35
CT's gorgeous eyes
  • Love 12
On 4/21/2017 at 9:36 PM, Lantern7 said:

Also, I'd like to lock Camila in a room with Abi-Maria from Survivor in order to determine who's the most psycho Brazilian.

Abi-Maria by the length of the Amazon.  She gaslights.  Camila just gets combative when she's drunk, and jealous/emotional/etc., but it is predictable (e.g. stay away when she's drunk).  Abi-Maria will imagine slights and turn on you on a dime. 

• Love 1

Derrick, Darrell, and CT...yes please. I especially want to see how good of shape Derrick has kept himself in.  If we are bringing back more old school gents: give me Landon!!

On the female side, as tired I am of seeing CM, I do hope she wins again. . No Laurel on this season for her, will make it easier for her to make it to the finals ( Laurel seems to be her monkey on her back). There is no one really on the females I want to root for except: Aneesa, CM, and Jenna.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:30 PM, Sonoma said:

No, it's considered a special. Season 30 is currently in production and rumored to be Cutthroat 2.

IDK about that; right now, Champs vs. Pros is being billed as season 30.

You probably noticed several posts have been deleted. That's because one poster did not observe the policy of no spoilers when it comes to results. The rest were deleted because they reacted to that. If anybody wants to post a thread for results spoilers, that would be good.