Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: 10pm - 11pm

The show still suffer the same time dilation as the original series, I see.

• At about 09:59 Carter stepped onto the field and it was on fire. At 10:06 the fire has been put out, police cruisers on the field, portable flood flights are up, so are command tents and paramedics and perimeters taped with yellow police line.
  • At 10:18 Carter was driving with Donovan, Carter in street clothes and Donovan said that they would meet his staff with change of clothes. At 10:26 Carter and Donovan are back in the car, Carter has changed into a meticulous suit with his tie neatly knotted.

Random question, why does the Director of National Intelligence take office at the Pentagon? And why does he say that getting help from Langley (the CIA) is difficult? Does he not control the CIA?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TV Anonymous said:

• At 10:18 Carter was driving with Donovan, Carter in street clothes and Donovan said that they would meet his staff with change of clothes. At 10:26 Carter and Donovan are back in the car, Carter has changed into a meticulous suit with his tie neatly knotted.

I completely burst out laughing when after the commercial break they were back in the car with him in full secret service getup. Oh 24, never change.

This season has been an absolute mess, but I am ready to see the finale. I hope the show can finally rest in peace after this, and only come back if Keifer is available. I wasnt one of the ones saying 24 can't work without Jack, but now in hindsight this didn't work at all.

The good part about only having 12 shows instead of 24 is that they can breeze through these plots quickly, recycled as they are. Mullins getting rid of the bum so quickly was nice, instead of usually CTU getting overtaken by 'Division' who would halt their progress. 

The only character I've cared about this season was the bridge cop who died a hero in his 30 seconds of airtime

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

• At about 09:59 Carter stepped onto the field and it was on fire. At 10:06 the fire has been put out, police cruisers on the field, portable flood flights are up, so are command tents and paramedics and perimeters taped with yellow police line.

Random question, why does the Director of National Intelligence take office at the Pentagon? And why does he say that getting help from Langley (the CIA) is difficult? Does he not control the CIA?

I had the same observation about Carter's clothes--and his face seemed to have healed!

DNI does not control CIA, there is an independent Director of Central Intelligence (DCI).  I'm not sure there is a DNI per se, there is a Director of Homeland Security and there is a National Security Advisor positions.  CTU is a made-for TV department.

Wait -- in a little over 6 minutes, emergency vehicles showed up ato the football field, and COMPLETELY extinguished the roaring inferno.  In 6 minutes.
Did the emergency vehicles pass Nasiri's vehicle (with Rebecca in it) on the way into the football stadium ?

Isn't a little too late (episode 11 of 12) to be introducing new characters ?  Pang ? Simms ? Girl trapped in a room ?  FFS !

• Love 1
3 hours ago, vb68 said:

Eric vs Tony.  It feels like we are getting somewhere. Finally.  

Indeed... I'm not even sure who to root for. Hopefully Tony will realize they're actually on the same side.

3 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

I completely burst out laughing when after the commercial break they were back in the car with him in full secret service getup. Oh 24, never change.

The good part about only having 12 shows instead of 24 is that they can breeze through these plots quickly, recycled as they are. Mullins getting rid of the bum so quickly was nice, instead of usually CTU getting overtaken by 'Division' who would halt their progress. 

The only character I've cared about this season was the bridge cop who died a hero in his 30 seconds of airtime

They did the same thing last episode too with Rebecca's quick change. Like did she have some clothes stashed at CTU or do they actually have a room with fashionable yet ready to kick some ass clothing all ready to go?

Agreed on the pace, the last season of actual 24 was better because of this as well. Jack's nemesis mwa-ha-has at him about how he will suffer. Instead of bringing her back to CTU for the inevitable interrogation and escape Jack throws her out the nearest window. No time to mess around.

Jenkins did totally steal the show, didn't he?

3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Jack would've been proud of that Mullins choke-out.

When Mullins said he would take care of it I cheered because I had been yelling at the screen that he needed to pull a Jack Bauer on Peng.

1 hour ago, Stratego said:

I had the same observation about Carter's clothes--and his face seemed to have healed!

DNI does not control CIA, there is an independent Director of Central Intelligence (DCI).  I'm not sure there is a DNI per se, there is a Director of Homeland Security and there is a National Security Advisor positions.  CTU is a made-for TV department.

Carter's face was still pretty scratched up and I rationalized that the Pentagon security let it slide because they knew Sen. Donovan had recently been kidnapped and his detail had been beaten up in the process.

CTU is supposed to be a sub-division of CIA. But the DNI should be working out of Liberty Crossing if my Tom Clancy novels are accurate. That would have been more fun than the Pentagon.

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Wait -- in a little over 6 minutes, emergency vehicles showed up ato the football field, and COMPLETELY extinguished the roaring inferno.  In 6 minutes.
Did the emergency vehicles pass Nasiri's vehicle (with Rebecca in it) on the way into the football stadium ?

Isn't a little too late (episode 11 of 12) to be introducing new characters ?  Pang ? Simms ? Girl trapped in a room ?  FFS !

Well, it was just a grass fire. I can buy it burning out that quickly. The first responders getting there with the quickness were obviously following the same routes Jack used to use to get through gridlocked LA traffic.

Edited by dwmarch
  • Love 1

I'm confused as to which side I should be on. Why is Simms hiding the fact that the girl is alive? Why is stopping Eric from getting to her?

It's almost like Ingram ordered her death when Naseri wouldn't corporate, and Simms protected the girl by hiding her in a safe house.

I still think it would have been a nicer touch to have Mariana be the daughter of doomed Jamey (played by Karina Arroyave in S1) than Edgar's cousin. Coral Pena is cute as a button and I'm glad they didn't have her end up as a mole.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Stratego said:

What?
There is no Director of Homeland Security. There is Secretary of Homeland Security. And the Director of National Intelligence is a real position with real person. As one can read in the article, he heads the 16-member U.S. Intelligence Community, including the Central Intelligence Agency.

Edited by TV Anonymous
6 hours ago, mkqq said:

I'm confused as to which side I should be on. Why is Simms hiding the fact that the girl is alive? Why is stopping Eric from getting to her?

It's almost like Ingram ordered her death when Naseri wouldn't corporate, and Simms protected the girl by hiding her in a safe house.

Kidnapping and imprisoning a child - even the daughter of a terrorist mastermind- is generally frowned upon. If that were to come to light, Simms can kiss his sweet government retirement goodbye. If Tony can make her disappear, he can throw Rebecca under the bus when there's no longer a gun to his head. He's probably right about Rebecca being behind the kidnapping, though, but probably because she didn't want to kill a child or lose the leverage. 

In the real world, domestic counter-terrorism operations fall under the FBI. But I guess there are enough shows about FBI agents.

Rebecca merely being involved in Operation East July is bad enough in-show; having her be the one who went "Okay, Naseri didn't flip on Jihadi Pop, his kid's toast" would be overkill, especially since Naseri already appears to think she was responsible for it anyway.  The flip side of that is that it begs one rather big question: why is said daughter still alive at this point?  Grumpy DNI had a last-minute attack of conscience?  (And since it's officially a black op at this point, yeah--the minute it comes out, Simms is probably toast.)

All that aside...and I'm even going to let the time dilation slide, since that was wrapped around a nice bonding moment with Eric and John and mostly after Rebecca straight up trying to kill herself...this episode earned a total pass the minute Mullins decided the hell with it, went CTU 4 LYFE and choked Pointy Headed Wannabe Boss Pang (Peng?) out.  That was almost Jenkinsesque in its surprise awesomeness.

I knew Peng was there as Simm's spy, but his bold-faced power grab, "I can already see I can make a big difference here" after being on ground for a whole 8 minutes?  I was cheering for Mullins too!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

• At about 09:59 Carter stepped onto the field and it was on fire

Bin Khalid was on a budget, so it was low-octane gas.....

• Love 2

I have tried so much to care, but, alas, I fought the good fight and lost.  

There are a few characters I like, but, unfortunately, they're not the main characters.  I think there was a lot of viewer good will leading into this series.  However, with a non-charismatic and boring lead I was just never able to get invested; I actually liked the actor when he was on the Walking Dead, so don't know what happened with this role.

If there is a next season I will only watch if Jack Bauer is back...

22 hours ago, vb68 said:

Eric vs Tony.  It feels like we are getting somewhere. Finally.  

NOW the show gets good. With one episode left. Argghhhh.

Tony is such as ass. Some things never change.

• Love 1

How many safe houses does Naseri have access to in the D.C. area?? With a VPN and high speed internet?? How did Carter beat Tony to the farm house? Tony got the location several minutes before Carter even knew the kid was alive... 

Pull along a few of those front door guards - "Terrorist emergency, we can be back in 30 minutes..."

2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Yes, especially on the Ravenswood Expressway!  :)

Is that SWAT team Andy called walking? Why would it take them 20 minutes????

ETA: Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Marion Ravenwood.....Coincidence??? Carter will escape by finding a bullwhip and a secret tunnel...

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2017 at 9:51 PM, TheRabbi said:

And Isaac, a'ight?  (Speaking of him, where did he disappear to?  Maybe he's in the Ravenswood Expressway and will knock off Tony's team while he and Eric continue their pissing contest.)

• Love 1

Great episode.  Helped that there was no Nicole & Isaac and no Papa Donovan.  And while John was still a bit annoying, his principles were really put in a vice here which was fun.  He's no David Palmer though.

Mullins stepping up was brilliant and the Tony/Eric confrontation is awesome.

I agree the compressed time is annoying and it's been like this all season.  The original show did this as well but it seemed to cover it better a lot of the time.  Rather than have a single time skip to make it 24 hours, I'd almost rather they just said that each episode represents 2 hours and use the act breaks to absorb the extra time.