Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Lots of couples choose not to marry but they are still valid partners in life. The idea of dismissing and disrespecting a woman because she's not married to her man is very antiquated. 

Exactly plus Matt asked Caryn to be at the meeting, she didn’t barge in uninvited.

lots of people include other people in meetings for various reasons without being “married” to that person, Matt said he has a problem with his hearing and wanted Caryn there.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Lots of couples choose not to marry but they are still valid partners in life. The idea of dismissing and disrespecting a woman because she's not married to her man is very antiquated. 

I am not dismissing or disrespecting Caryn because she is not married to Matt...I don't think she should be involved in the family dispute over the farm. She has no legal rights and is not a LEGAL partner in the farm business...therefore, she should not be involved in the FAMILY business matters when it comes to the Kids vs Matt. What she says in private to Matt is fine but to publicly speak out about Kids vs Matt is, in my opinion, a boundary she should not be crossing. How you interpreted my post is puzzling to me but I hope I clarified it.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

How you interpreted my post is puzzling to me but I hope I clarified it.

Don't be puzzled. Your point is clear. Misinterpretation of words is common when texting our thoughts, opinions, feelings. 

12 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Matt is a little tyrant and blowhard. Caryn should stay out of this mess as she is not related to the family and isn’t even engaged to Matt.

I fully agree with @chenoa333’s comment about not dismissing Caryn because she’s not married. However….. married or not, dealing with (financial) matters that involve your in-laws is always very tricky, even when you are on very good terms. Simply because there will always be someone in that family that will remind you that you became family and are not related by blood when money’s involved. Such people are generally quite happy to use you as a scapegoat when arguments arise. Because of this, I stepped back when my parents in law died unexpectedly. I just let my husband and his siblings deal with all financial matters and the inheritance and helped with the other stuff. That worked brilliantly for their bonding, dealing with the loss and the rest.

• Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I felt for some time that Matt never really wanted to hand the farm down to his kids. He’s a control freak and needs money. All this BS about building his dream home with his mistress was just talk. He has a huge ego and never felt Jeremy or Zach would ever measure up. Last season when he was dangling the farm in front of Zach, he shot down every idea Zach had but seemed to think it was a great idea to spend $$$ on those weird statues for “Punkin” season…Matt is a little tyrant and blowhard. Caryn should stay out of this mess as she is not related to the family and isn’t even engaged to Matt.

I thought it was Zach shooting down Matt’s ideas.  Matt’s success with the farm sort of leads me to think he knows a little more about things than Zach.  They butted heads about the best way to drive the tours around.  I never really understood the issue with that.  

In one of these photos of Jackson, he has dark marks on his face. I suppose it’s dirt or chocolate, not bruises.   

https://people.com/parents/tori-roloff-shares-photos-son-jackson-5th-birthday-party/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Matt’s success with the farm sort of leads me to think he knows a little more about things than Zach.

Without the tv show, that farm would never have become a success! People want to meet them, that's why they go there. Most events weren't that well organised. Things that weren't working, attractions people couldn't go in, too many people and not enough space etc. I really wonder how many people went to such events and then vowed to never do it again...

And I should also mention the numerous "investments" Matt did on an impulse. Zack and Jer regularly questioned their dad on such matters. They knew it was a bad investment or wouldn't lead to anything substantial. But... What Matt wants, Matt gets. 

Edited by LilyD
grammar
  • Love 8
On 5/22/2022 at 11:06 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Unfortunately, Jackson will never fly a plane like that.  The military has a height requirement--I believe it is 5'2" for the Navy.  I had a friend in college and she spent her freshman year trying to stretch herself to make height.

The Air Force no longer has a pilot height requirement, but you need to be 4'10" to join the Air Force.  Zach is 4'2" or 4'3" and most achons are under 4'4".

There's a greater chance that Lilah dances at the Pirate's Cove.

He may not be a military pilot, but may still be able to be a civilian pilot. 

• Love 1
(edited)

We shouldn't confuse small people and little people who have a form of dwarfism. My mother is 4ft9 and really small, but she still is a lot bigger than Zach or Matt. Also, body proportions are normal, whereas LP usually have shorter limbs. Simply said those few inches and "normal" proportions are the difference between being able to operate machines or vehicles without extra help or have adapted controls.

To use my mom as an example again, she can drive a car because she can reach all controls and pedals (though she uses a little cushion as it allows her to sit a bit higher) Zach and Matt have stuff that allow them to drive an automatic car (but I doubt that allows them to drive one with a clutch for example)

It's true that there are technically no height requirements if you want to fly, as long as you are able to get to all the controls with your hands or feet. And this bit will be the deal breaker should any LP ever aspire to become a pilot. You can't compare it with a car when it comes to the controls.

Edited by LilyD
spelling
  • Love 1
(edited)

I, for one, believe Matt sincerely did want to hand down the farm to someone in the family, but unfortunately none of the three boys did what was necessary (study, learn, observe, shadow, work, or earn enough money to buy it at fair market value), and Matt now has his own debt to Amy, retirement, and nursing care as an aging disabled person to consider, as well as his three other kids who deserve equity.

Oh, and Zach: yes, the seller "dictates" terms, even if you think "he's dictated too much for too long"; that's how real estate works.  The seller is in charge of the deal and can take it or leave it, especially in a seller's market.  Zach's entitlement is only outdone by his ignorance.  I love his pouty face and petulant crossing of his arms.  Based on what Matt said, not only was Zach's offer laughable in today's market, but he wanted Matt to continue doing all the work of the farm while Z&T watch their kids play on the farm.  Matt wants to RETIRE.

As for the farm "not being successful without the show," why not?  Plenty of pumpkin farms are.  We have a successful one in my small town.  Not on TV.

As for Caryn sitting in on the meeting, she had every right to as Matt's life partner going forward and the manager of said farm forever.  But it wouldn't surprise me if they were already secretly married; they've dropped enough "joking" hints about it, and doing it quietly with dignity would be more their style than a royal wedding.

Edited by Dibs
  • Love 6

I think it's mutual between buyers and sellers. Matt wants to sell at x, Zach can't be forced to buy at x, Zach wants to buy at y, Matt won't sell at y.

Zach's offer is unknown aside from not being what Matt wanted. I'm genuinely puzzled by what Matt wants out of this. If he wants to retire, that's fine. But his current stated plan is to continue pumpkin season, which will involve a lot of work if he sells the part of the farm with the parking lot, whimsical structures, and store building to strangers. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Dibs said:

As for the farm "not being successful without the show," why not?  Plenty of pumpkin farms are.  We have a successful one in my small town.  Not on TV.

I wasn't saying a pumpkin farm is unsuccessful. Any farm can become a huge tourist attraction if managed well. We had two amazing farms nearby whose events were a true joy and everything was organised perfectly.

LPBW  clearly showed how chaotic and poorly organised those events on the Roloff farm were. That's what puts people off. People kept coming because the family is the biggest attraction, the farm comes in second and the pumpkins third. It gave people a unique behind the scenes tour and a meet and greet. Without the tv show and their fame, they would never have been able to turn Pumpkin season or that farm into that success because of their poor management skills. People wouldn't have bothered to come.

Just look back some episodes of pumpkin season and you'll see what I mean. They never learn from previous mistakes. Add to that Matt's tendency to rule alone, changing plans (usually on a whim and often without informing others) his impulsive and compulsory buying of whatever he was buying and all those ventures that were started but never  finished. And as a whole, that family seemed unable to work together as a team.

• Love 6

So these two are dull as dirt!  Do they really think they will become reining king and queen of Roloff Farms. NO THANKS!

It takes a really big personality to head up a reality show.  Zack not Tory have one!

Zack and his weight lifting???  Doesn’t he have pins in his body along with neck and leg problems. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, LilyD said:

LPBW  clearly showed how chaotic and poorly organised those events on the Roloff farm were. That's what puts people off. People kept coming because the family is the biggest attraction, the farm comes in second and the pumpkins third. It gave people a unique behind the scenes tour and a meet and greet. Without the tv show and their fame, they would never have been able to turn Pumpkin season or that farm into that success because of their poor management skills. People wouldn't have bothered to come.

I wish we could hand out five stars because this is what I think as well. The pumpkin farm before the show never had the massive crowds that the show brought. The family and being on tv is a huge part of why the farm went from unknown outside the local area to well known. The vast majority of people visiting are not there to buy pumpkins. And every year on the show, its chaos and Matt insists its too hard and its the last time, and after a few years of larger crowds there really shouldn't be the same disorganizational issues over and over. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

So these two are dull as dirt!  Do they really think they will become reining king and queen of Roloff Farms. NO THANKS!

It takes a really big personality to head up a reality show.  Zack not Tory have one!

Zack and his weight lifting???  Doesn’t he have pins in his body along with neck and leg problems. 

Exactly if Zach and Tori think they can carry a show by themselves they need their heads examined, they’re both sooooo full of themselves it’s hilarious.

Tori had an IG live yesterday and she kept saying over and over, “omg there’s 5,000 people watching and I just started the feed… omg now there’s 6,000… look Jackson there’s 6,000 people watching us!!!” Then she said how Zach hates it when she goes LIVE and I was thinking,, ya I can understand why because you could see Tori’s head expanding like a balloon… it’s a wonder she can fit through doorways with that ego.

she just sat there, had nothing to say and kept pointing the camera at Jackson building with Lego’s and I was watching the viewer numbers going down, down, down and I clicked it off when it had dropped to around 3,900…. She’s boring as hell and dumb as a stump.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It makes me laugh that this is who they gave the “exclusive “. Whatever.

Ya no kidding…. Cheap rag with lousy reporters, the article says Zach, Amy and Matt all have achondroplasia 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Is Josiah a LP? Tori and Zach talk to US Weekly

It was obvious they were waiting to be paid to announce it, but it comes as no surprise.  But I was kind of shocked to hear them say in a YouTube video that they weren't necessarily done with having kids.  I thought they had said they were and had probably gotten themselves fixed this time, but this is Z&T we're talking about; changing their minds is their prerogative!  Maybe Zach will get that dwarf soccer team of his after all before Tori gets that "mini me."

I also agree that Z&T don't have the charisma to carry the show.

Jackson might, and that's probably what they're counting on...

Edited by Dibs
  • Love 6

Quoted from the Page Six article:

"He has achondroplasia, but he’s not, like, ‘Josiah the achondroplasia.’ Just like I’m Tori, I have brown hair. I’m not a brunette — like, that’s not how I would classify myself.”

Wow Tori. Comparing going through life as a person with brown hair, to being a person with many challenges facing an achondroplasia person is really some fucked up $hit. Go away Tori and take your lazy ass husband with you.

I wish all of the kids the best. They deserve it. But T&Z need to quit being the human equivalent of a puppy mill. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ya no kidding…. Cheap rag with lousy reporters, the article says Zach, Amy and Matt all have achondroplasia 

Yep, which longtime viewers or people with access to the internet know is not true.  Matt has diastrophic dysplasia and it sounds like a worse physical quality of life than Amy and Zach.

I mean, Caryn, pushing Matt in a stroller.  I can't unsee that.

But if Amy was in another stroller and Chris and Caryn were both pushing them around on double dates, I'd watch that youtube channel.🤣

• LOL 9
7 hours ago, Dibs said:

Jackson might, and that's probably what they're counting on...

I would tend to agree with you except that I still can't understand a word he says without the subtitles.  I'm unsure whether that's a trait or condition associated with achondroplasia children or whether it represents some other issue.

I say that because I recall that on "The Little Couple Show" both of the Klein children (Zoey and Will) also had speech that was unintelligible and subtitles were also used. To this day on Instagram posts the family makes, the children's speech is still garbled.

As for Lilah, the only words I heard he say (with a subtitle) was "da-da."

Jackson is a darling child full of energy and an adventurous spirit.  However, whether his antics could headline the entire show seems problematic to me.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Yep, which longtime viewers or people with access to the internet know is not true.  Matt has diastrophic dysplasia and it sounds like a worse physical quality of life than Amy and Zach.

I mean, Caryn, pushing Matt in a stroller.  I can't unsee that.

But if Amy was in another stroller and Chris and Caryn were both pushing them around on double dates, I'd watch that youtube channel.🤣

Okay.  You take the prize!  That’s the funniest visual I have ever gotten from this site!!!  Lol. I had already cackled numerous times tonight after watching the latest episode!  🤣😆🎉🙈🥳👍 Caryn’s idea has enormous potential to keep the show fresh this season.  

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

"He has achondroplasia, but he’s not, like, ‘Josiah the achondroplasia.’ Just like I’m Tori, I have brown hair. I’m not a brunette — like, that’s not how I would classify myself.”

But if you have brown hair, you are a brunette.  Does Tori even have brown hair?

Edited by Dibs
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

So do all three children have the dwarf condition Amy and Zack have?

I really don't care what Zack and Tori do but I do care about how much fun Jackson and Matt have!  That's now been taken away.  It will be interesting to see if he still keeps the big personality he had with Matt!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Wow Tori. Comparing going through life as a person with brown hair, to being a person with many challenges facing an achondroplasia person is really some fucked up $hit. Go away Tori and take your lazy ass husband with you.

I wish all of the kids the best. They deserve it. But T&Z need to quit being the human equivalent of a puppy mill. 

This!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, stoppro said:

I was AMAZED that T&Z apparently have a PR flak that is getting them plastered into MAJOR MEDIA publications! 

WOW! I saw them featured in PEOPLE mag, as well as The NY Post. 

I believe that hiring someone to get them into those major publication takes big $$$.

To me, Tori is a tremendous "go getter" and she's all about getting her name (and Zach and the kids) plastered across as many media platforms as possible.  I think that gives her leverage with possible advertisers to her Instagram and other social media accounts.

Even in the event that the show is cancelled, Tori seems to be thinking ahead and trying to secure a media "beach head" of "celebrity" so, regardless of whether or not the family is featured on the show, they still have a way to keep in the public domain and make as much $$$ as possible. 

The family with the 3 LP kids are now (apparently) part of our cultural lexicon with many people knowing all about them and watching the kids grow up is something many people (who buy things) are interested in pursuing.

I think Tori thinks she is a "star" and intends to milk that status to its utmost.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Why shouldn't she? 

No one on reality TV is doing their show for charity or to make some grand statement. They do it for money.

If this show is likely to end soon or if Zach and Tory are considering leaving, why shouldn't they do the smart thing and get the social media business built up as much as they can? If given a choice between being poor after the show and being wealthy... who wouldn't pick wealthy?

• Like 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Redrum said:

Why shouldn't she? 

No one on reality TV is doing their show for charity or to make some grand statement. They do it for money.

If this show is likely to end soon or if Zach and Tory are considering leaving, why shouldn't they do the smart thing and get the social media business built up as much as they can? If given a choice between being poor after the show and being wealthy... who wouldn't pick wealthy?

I agree with you!!

• Love 2

Some people earn a living as a reality tv personality.  I consider that a legit deal. Not everyone is cut out for a 9-5 job.  It means you give up a lot of privacy and subject yourself to a lot criticism, but it’s your decision.  You also lose fans if they don’t like how you’re acting….even if the behavior is staged.  But, that’s how it goes.  If a tv realty star loses favor they may lose their show and popularity.  Others hang on for years.  I can’t believe that Jenelle Evans made it for MANY years on Teen Mom.  Others too.  The girl has absolutely nothing going for her, except at times she can be charming and lie well.   It goes to show how unfair life can be.  

• Love 1

The only article they would have gotten paid for was the “exclusive”. Any other articles were just copying, not paying. The same is done when it’s based on a post on social media. An article, or articles are written with no actual input. That equals no money.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The only article they would have gotten paid for was the “exclusive”. Any other articles were just copying, not paying. The same is done when it’s based on a post on social media. An article, or articles are written with no actual input. That equals no money.

So, for example, the NY Post story.  Who would have placed their story there?  Is that a PR person Z+T retain and pay monthly and then if that person places a "paid" story, like thhe PEOPLE exclusive, Z+T get paid, as well?  

I'm (obviously) unfamiliar with how PR people get compensated but I sense there is a very energetic and talented PR person presenting daily stories about the family to national media platforms and getting their names known widely throughout the Country (maybe the world with the internet)!!

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, Redrum said:

Why shouldn't she? 

This! 100% And there’s also another aspect:  Life in general doesn’t come cheap nor easy. Being a little person will only make it harder. Your health insurance is bound to be more expensive or won’t cover all. They’ll  need lots of things custom made or adapted to fit their need, which is expensive. Finding a good job and being able to keep it with a likely possibility of health issues throwing a spanner in the works is also something they should consider when it comes to income.

If I were Tori, I’d use every opportunity to financially secure their future or at least provide them with a buffer that helps them meet their needs. And that’s what she seems to be doing. I can only applaud them for trying to make things work. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 5/26/2022 at 8:02 PM, chenoa333 said:

Comparing going through life as a person with brown hair, to being a person with many challenges facing an achondroplasia person

That's not what she's doing. Her point is that no one should be defined by a characteristic, good, bad or neutral. No matter what you look like or what you can or can't do, you're a person first. That's all she meant.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Passing Strange said:

That's not what she's doing. Her point is that no one should be defined by a characteristic, good, bad or neutral. No matter what you look like or what you can or can't do, you're a person first. That's all she meant.

I get Tori's point. It's a good one but unfortunately, the world in which we live is not that easy.

As I've said before, I wish their kids the best. Hopefully they will do good things in their lives, make a positive, meaningful impression on everyone they meet and NOT take the easy way out for money. 

• Love 3