Type keyword(s) to search

Hell's Kitchen Dictionary

Kromm
  • Start Topic

"Stone cold"-- slightly undercooked
"Fuck me"-- hey, production, can I start booting people out yet or do you need another screwup or two?

"Stop"-- I guess I can go ahead with those boots now

"Oh my God"-- dear sir or madam, please make yourself comfortable in the dorms, or better yet, don't

"Pathetic"-- this was a particularly bad service even for us

"Fuck off/piss off"-- you are dismissed for now

"There's one more person I need to hear from"-- who I won't eliminate, I just want to chew them a new one

Edited by Gosling
  • Love 3

"Service" -- freeloaders sitting around in a fake restaurant for four or five hours listening to some Scottish guy scream his head off, until they get a mediocre plate of food and (as instructed) spout off about how great it is

• Love 1

"I have never seen" -- Last week I saw worse, but it wouldn't sound as dramatic if I said that.

"you don't listen" -- I don't listen either, but when I don't it's because I'm successful.

• Love 2

Reading through this HK's dictionary had me laughing hysterically last night. Every entry is the truth.

My eyes started watering after reading Monty's post:

"Raw" -- one degree undercooked

"Burnt to a crisp" -- one degree overcooked.

"You'll kill somebody!" -- actually raw

The same thoughts run through my head during the show.

(edited)

I can't believe "the most magnificent..." (not quite good enough to serve to paying customers) hasn't made the list yet.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1
(edited)

BlewBree - What we Yanks call a Blueberry

Take off your jacket......Now I'm gonna screw with your head before I tell you to piss off, put on a black jacket or go to the other team

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

I think the Cobra Move needs to be added, even though it's not a word. It's a motion. That thing he does with his hand, when he's trying to emphasize something, it's like a cobra getting ready to strike.

This will make y'all's day...

• Love 3
(edited)

That is a riot.  Took a lot of thought and work.  The guy playing Ramsey really has a lot of his moves and expressions down pat.

Edited by mlp
  • Love 1

It's a British production, so the guy who wrote the song may have never seen Hell's Kitchen in the U.S. Or risotto and scallops would have definitely been in there.

Or they couldn't find anything that rhymes with John Dory

"Who cooked the ________?" - Either I fucked up real badly or I cooked it really well.

"You, you, you, you, you, you." - Time to exit the kitchen.

"Pig" - Sloppy station & sloppy cook.

"Let me taste your dish." (During challenges) - The team should not have chosen a dish to sit out cause it was the best one.

• Love 3

Table-side: You're off the hook for an episode, either because you may be marginally competent or because you bring the drama (probably the latter).

Meat, fish, or hot apps: You're screwed.

Dessert: They'll never get to your station (which does actually exist). Time to chillax.

Fight back: You're screwed, but put on a good show for the cameras before you go.

• Love 3

Come ONNnnnnNNN (or similar shrill invective -- you all know that tone of voice I mean): Gordon Ramsay is done. With. You.

Something I've never, ever done in Hell's Kitchen before: Lame retread of last season's challenge, with a few details changed (now they're playing poker for ingredients instead of rolling dice!).

Edited by Kate the Great
  • Love 2

"Stunning" also apparently means overpriced. Most of the signature dishes at Hell's Kitchen have ridiculously expensive ingredients. Food cost percentage much? Kitchen Nightmares Ramsay (at least, british Kitchen Nightmares Ramsay) would have ripped Hell's Kitchen Ramsay a new one.

• Love 2

"Would you serve/eat that?" - You brought up raw, undercooked, or overcooked food and better answer No.

"Take your jacket off and fuck off!" - Eliminated in the middle of dinner service.

"What does that taste like?" - Better say it tastes like shit.

• Love 1

"It's RAW" - it's very slightly undercooked, it doesn't look good enough for the cameras.

"It's BURNT" - it's very slightly overcooked, it doesn't look good enough for the cameras.

"Hey, all of you, come here!" - if one of you failed, it was a team effort.

"Taste that. What's wrong with it?" - say something and that's what we'll say is the problem. The viewers don't know.

"Take off your jacket...and put on a (red/blue) jacket!" - I'm giving you another chance to screw up.

Beef Wellington: A dish almost never served in American restaurants, but a Ramsay mainstay (probably because it's hard to cook properly).

VIP: Someone you're mildly surprised is still alive.

"Head Chef:" Your HK reward. Meaningless job title created to disguise the fact that your new job will be line chef or some other position where you can't do any real damage. You'll likely be bored to tears within the first few weeks, but at least the pay will rock.

• Love 2

"Marino, open Hell's Kitchen" - time to bring the lambs to the slaughter.

"Garnish" - blame everyone else for your mistakes.

"Entrees and appetisers" - do it wrong and you've got everyone dobbing you in. Do it right, and you dob everyone else in.

"Meat and fish" - you're not bringing up the ratings, bye.

"Desserts and tableside" - hey, it never gets to you anyway, take the night off.

"Nomination" - you're screwed...in a later episode.

"Take off your jacket" - somehow, you were worse than everyone else.

"Very special guest/VIP" - no longer relevent, but we paid them big bucks to eat expensive food.