Type keyword(s) to search

Bosch: Legacy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Aren't all of those pay phone calls recorded?

That would make more sense for Borders to make the call implicating Harry, as a "screw you" move.  

But why the fuck is Maddie answering Harry's phone?  She's just SO freaking obnoxious these days, I cannot stand her snotty bitchiness.  She is constantly "parenting" Harry, as if he doesn't have 40 years experience over her.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

Dockweiler was on borrowed time in prison.  It was noted that he refused to join any gang for protection (i.e. Aryan Bros)..."like he had a death wish."  Of course, not sure with his criminal history even the Aryan Bros. would have accepted him, lol.

Borders would have arranged the hotshot for favors (Bosch getting the guards to let him have a cell phone, drugs, etc.).  Even if the call was recorded....Borders was implicating himself, too. None of the guards would ever admit their part in any scheme...so it would come down to Borders word vs Harry's.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

But why the fuck is Maddie answering Harry's phone?  She's just SO freaking obnoxious these days, I cannot stand her snotty bitchiness.  She is constantly "parenting" Harry, as if he doesn't have 40 years experience over her.  

We've been re-watching the original Bosch series (the REAL Bosch series).  Just finished Season 4, right after Eleanor was killed and Bosch and Maddie were trying to deal with their own and each other's emotions.  Madison was fine there.  She was stoic, and emotions were expressed with subtle changes in her eyes or lips.

In this NOT-the-real-Bosch series, maybe Maddie is supposed to be like Harry - stoic and serious.  She's not coming across that way.  She's just plain over-acting.  Concerned?  Angry?  Tough-girl cop?  All overdone.  And the script that had her answering his phone and accepting charges from a prison?  What the heck????  How would she feel if he had done that to her????

• Like 6

How about they send Maddie to the FBI academy & get her off the cops.  It gets her nose out of Harry's investigating, pays tribute to her mom & gives Harry & Money a new FBI contact.  The Feebs have always confounded them. 

I used to like Maddie just fine, but they've almost ruined her for me.  Obviously Season 3 is a go & possibly a Season 4, so they need to do something else with her.  Sending her to the FBI & out of Harry's business could possibly redeem her for me. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

How about they send Maddie to the FBI academy & get her off the cops.  It gets her nose out of Harry's investigating, pays tribute to her mom & gives Harry & Money a new FBI contact.  The Feebs have always confounded them. 

I used to like Maddie just fine, but they've almost ruined her for me.  Obviously Season 3 is a go & possibly a Season 4, so they need to do something else with her.  Sending her to the FBI & out of Harry's business could possibly redeem her for me. 

Great idea to send her to FBI.  Stationed in Omaha with rare visits home.  Only thing I'd add to the list of suggestions . . . have J. Edgar accept that lifetime pension they mentioned because of being shot in season 3.  Then let him partner as a PI with Bosch and move Honey to Omaha to live with Maddie.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
On 11/13/2023 at 2:42 PM, AZChristian said:

this NOT-the-real-Bosch series, maybe Maddie is supposed to be like Harry - stoic and serious.  She's not coming across that way.  She's just plain over-acting.  

I finished watching the current season last night. The actress who plays Maddie is just not good. I’ve given her the benefit of the doubt for most of the show’s run, but the flaring nostrils and the lack of expression on her face, especially in the last few episodes, put me over the edge. I really do hope that she goes away. Also, lovelovelove J. Edgar, but he’ll always be Marlow to me.

Also want to say that it makes me proud (as a woman of a certain age) to see that Mimi Rogers has embraced aging and hasn’t done anything to her face to make her look younger. See Meg Ryan if you have any questions.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Also want to say that it makes me proud (as a woman of a certain age) to see that Mimi Rogers has embraced aging and hasn’t done anything to her face to make her look younger.

Except for her hair. The style does nothing but detract and I believe there's nothing that makes an old woman look older than dyed dark hair. She'd look so much better with the clump of hair hanging down her right side to be gone and the rest of her hair going or already grey.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My dream is that they will use the book "Desert Star" as a basis for a season.  Hopefully, the first season.  I'm not getting any younger!

Yes!

Although, as much as I do enjoy the shows, I doubt the screen version could be as great as the book there.

But how I'd love to be proven wrong!

• Like 2

When I  watched the first 2 episodes of the 2nd season I found it so cliche and so bad I was actually discouraged to watch the rest. I watched episode 3 and things got improved a bit, although the cliches continue: the bad Federals that are after our heroes... Did they assign this season's scripts to an AI bot?

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

I still like Maddie but she is dour this season. Given that she was buried alive, I'm chalking it up to PTSD. I didn't understand why she answered Harry's phone or was so flippant about breaking up with her boyfriend ("He doesn't know it yet.")

I'm reading one of the books now. Maddie is 16 in it and Bosch is still a detective. I picture TW as Bosch while I'm reading, which adds a lot. 

I don't remember the Renee Ballard character, but I haven't read all the books. 

I think Mimi Rogers could still cover her gray but go lighter brown and it would be more flattering and natural-looking. I like that she doesn't have frozen Botox face. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3

so the low level crooks hanging around Hollywood all day are not going to notice two cute young women walking up and down the street all day, taking selfies, and then DOING IT AGAIN THE NEXT DAY????

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
13 minutes ago, dleighg said:

so the low level crooks hanging around Hollywood all day are not going to notice two cute young women walking up and down the street all day, taking selfies, and then DOING IT AGAIN THE NEXT DAY????

😉

Nope, that's why they are stuck on the low level barely surviving while taking targets of opportunity instead of planning the major crime and living like a king until the next caper.

• LOL 2

**** SPOILERS for SEASON 2 ****

So I watched the rest of the season, slightly better than the first two episodes but still full with so many cliches...
There were literally no surprises, nothing we haven't seen before.
It was so obvious the hacker-lady was undercover and that Mo would knew.
So obvious that Maddie would be the one to "take care" of the bad guy..
So obvious that Chandler is clever enough not to get caught.
And there was so much stupidity... the FBI people were constantly a joke, the DA as well, not to mention the duo of corrupted cops, a.k.a. Dumb and Dumber.

I feel sorry for poor Maddie, her PTSDs (from various reasons) must have reached the size of Godzilla..

Best and most emotional moment... Lance Reddick's cameo... snif...

Btw, someone please remind me, how Bosch got this house? must be a really expensive one..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Zaffy said:

Btw, someone please remind me, how Bosch got this house? must be a really expensive one..

It was revealed early on in the original Bosch series (book and TV) that a Hollywood movie had been done, based on one of Bosch's early cases as a cop.  He was paid a big pile of money for his participation in that movie and - wisely - invested it in a nice house.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Zaffy said:

the FBI people were constantly a joke

I was annoyed with the female FBI agent's constant smiling smirk.  Every line she spoke she had a half smile on her face.  Was that an intentional device by the actor, or was she just so darn happy to be on the show?  Or maybe smiling is her favorite thing, like Buddy the Elf??

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, roughing it said:

I was annoyed with the female FBI agent's constant smiling smirk.  Every line she spoke she had a half smile on her face.  Was that an intentional device by the actor, or was she just so darn happy to be on the show?  Or maybe smiling is her favorite thing, like Buddy the Elf??

It's just her look. Check her out in All Rise.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Finally finished the season and wow has Bosch taken to retirement. Killing people, having people killed, torturing people, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled up next season blasting F*ck the Police, lol!

Maddie going from rookie to super cop was a stretch. She looks like she's wearing a costume in the uniform. She was buried under like two inches of dirt and couldn't kick her way out but she's such a great detective and a great shot that she gets two bullets in a guy at quite a distance who's moving around. Mkay.

Mo's plotline was okay too. It's weird he's such a great hacker but thought the beautiful woman just liked hanging out with him. Scraggly beards are a big ick for me so maybe I'm biased. His computer lair looks like it smells like moldy socks.

I liked seeing the ex-chief of police.  I'm glad he retired and is in the private sector. Fuckin' Bosch, lol!

• Like 2
On 11/14/2023 at 4:03 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I finished watching the current season last night. The actress who plays Maddie is just not good. I’ve given her the benefit of the doubt for most of the show’s run, but the flaring nostrils and the lack of expression on her face, especially in the last few episodes, put me over the edge. I really do hope that she goes away. Also, lovelovelove J. Edgar, but he’ll always be Marlow to me.

Also want to say that it makes me proud (as a woman of a certain age) to see that Mimi Rogers has embraced aging and hasn’t done anything to her face to make her look younger. See Meg Ryan if you have any questions.

Thank you for saying this, the actress that plays Maddie is just terrible. And Mimi Rogers is absolutely beautiful as a real woman. She’s a wonderful actress also.

• Like 2

Finally watched all of Season 2.

Cannot stand Maddie being a cop and the actress playing tough (working in a law office was a much better fit). She was good in the buried alive scenes but I had to skip most of ep 1-2 because I hate, hate, buried alive plots (most recently seen in Silent Witness). Hate them.

I did however see the ridiculousness of having Bosch and Honey go by themselves with her wearing a blazer and holding her purse (!) to save the day.

Love Mimi Kennedy but not a fan of the dark colour clashing with a normally aging beautiful face. She makes the Honey/Maddie scenes so enjoyable and I like the easy chemistry her character has with Bosch.

Can’t wait to see Honey as the new DA, but I’m sad for her betraying her longtime friend and losing that friendship. I watched both Bosch series and can’t remember how that could possibly be acceptable collateral damage. 

Seeing Lance Reddick one last time. 😭😭😭

Very happy Mo isn’t as dumb as most of the season made him look. They didn’t tell us when he figured it out, but I think the FBI asking him to inform on the undercover agent plus Honey and Bosch with no connection between them would’ve given away the gig. Glad his character took precautions either way.

Bosch should talk about having a death wish. Both him and his daughter are oblivious to risk when pursuing “bad people” and it makes them both look like total idiots most of the time, which I’m not fond of at all.

Lastly, very sorry Max Martini’s character was such a bad guy because he is a very fine looking man.

• Like 1