Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E21: One Book, Two Covers

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

I rarely ever root for anyone to die in any show I've ever watched but NCIS made me hope that Torres dies..His pouty..mysterious ways..going over Gibbs to Vance...and Vance backing Gibbs....he sucked the energy and screen time from all the others...and this show was an incredibly dull, long..almost frustrating hour...

I love Mark Harmon but this show is testing that love...and I rarely ever yell expletives at my TV(unless there's a politician on it) but I was yelling something along the lines of "F-You Torres, say Thanks to Gibbs" in the closing scenes.....I think once Ducky goes, I may just be done....

It's not that MW brought so much to the show, it's that the new people add so little...and take so much from the others....FIX NCIS please!

• Love 10

I cooked dinner through the first twenty minutes.  Had the TV on up above the dining room door.  Maybe saw 30% of it. Watched the rest.  

It's turning out to be not the NCIS I used to love.  Too many one page scripts bringing in each of the cast for a couple of sentences....is that even an intelligent economic move...to pay for an hours participation?  Did I miss Tim and Brit guy tonight.  
I even want more Abby, doing Abby analyses in sensible, educated ways.

And, while I'm at this, I'm tired of Gibbs' all-knowing smiles at the end of episodes.

• Love 3

God that was a boring hour. I'm so sick of Torres. Everyone complained about Elly being a special snowflake but Torres really is. Taking off like that? Going above Gibbs' head? Any other character would catch shit for that. 

And to think I actually liked the last Torres episode.

• Love 4

My consternation is that Gibbs deliberately looked the other way. Now - I do realize that sentence is ridiculous in light of his history. And Bishop walking away from her kerfuffle a few weeks ago with no repercussions. But this was in his face, impossible to ignore and he either destroyed the tape, or officially filed his report that it was impossible to hear/decipher. I guess I was surprised that he did it. First - "We're more alike than you think Torres." and then his not-at-all subtle reveal at the end.

@enoughcats - so funny - as Torres walked away I said to myself: "Oh, time for the Gibbs wry, knowing smile..."

I *did rewind -- twice! --- at this exchange:

GIBBS: "Over there. <are the Rosewood Boys.>"

MCGEE: "You sure?" <beat> <Gibbs walks away> "He's sure."

for whatever reason that gave me the giggles.  

I get that a a lot of people don't like Quinn and Torres. But for me -- the win is that their addition means less Abby screen time.

• Love 2

I like Torres.  He's brooding, mysterious and complicated.

I thought Gibbs was wrong to put him on the sideline, and didn't have a problem w/him going to Vance, but I agree that Vance has to back up his team lead agents.

What I didn't understand was how Torres knew where the Witness Protection guy lived.  I figured out right away he was the leader & killer, though.

The best thing for me was little Quinn, but I can't stand watching Bishop interrogate.  She's so bad; she's play acting agent.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, roamyn said:

What I didn't understand was how Torres knew where the Witness Protection guy lived.  I figured out right away he was the leader & killer, though.

The best thing for me was little Quinn, but I can't stand watching Bishop interrogate.  She's so bad; she's play acting agent.

I think he knew where he was all along - I think when Torres showed up the first time the bad guy said something like "Oh right, I'll check on you every week ... And then I don't hear from you for five years!"

RIGHT?? the prison interog was cringe-worthy.

• Love 1

I normally don't mind Torres but his constant pouting this episode was annoying. Also annoying: keeping vital info from the team, letting other team members waste their time with red-tape instead of simply saying 'I know where the guy is.' I'm more okay with Gibbs tampering with evidence than with him not tearing Torres a new one over his lone-wolf routine.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 6

Oh, forgot to ask: are paint parties a real thing? Bishop came across as a real cheap a**. If one of my friends pulled that stunt I'd simply tell them to get lost. If you need help (because neither the NSA nor NCIS were paying decent wages so you can't hire an actual painter) just ask - don't pretend you're doing me a favor.

• Love 5

I know this show sucks when it comes to using real names of cities/counties in MD and VA, but JEEBUS FUCKING CRIPES!!!!

Boonsboro, MD is a one traffic light small town! With houses all clustered together and open fields with CATTLE grazing when driving down the TWO LANE roads!

Torres and Royce would have encountered a lot of moo cows during that "race."??????

So let's just add Torres as another newbie who won't suffer any repercussions for PLANTING EVIDENCE.

Now, y'all know I'm Gibbs' biggest apologist, but there is NO COMPARISON with what he did BEFORE he joined NIS when he killed Hernandez while engulfed with rage and grief, and Torres deliberately and calmly planting evidence because boo-hoo, "he had no other choice."

I say BULLSHIT. And I'm getting weary of all these 'This time it's PERSONAL' plots for all the newbies and Bishop.

Speaking of which, she can STFU about all that "well done" judging for that ex planting a gps tracker because she thought her then boyfriend was cheating. I will never believe Jake would have cheated on Bishop if Jamie Bamber were still available or affordable to continue as Jake on this show.  And that it was all plot contrivance and of COURSE, short of killing him, they had him cheat. Yeah, still ? and bitter over that.

And I will take each and every smile from Harmon, since we spent a LOT of seasons with too much angst and NO smiling.

I really miss Tony. I miss the laughs and the sarcasm he brought to the show and the chemistry with everyone that is so lacking now with his departure.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Oh, forgot to ask: are paint parties a real thing?

The only paint party I've ever been too was at an art studio, where the attendees painted a picture on canvas with an instructor, plus unlimited wine and snacks.  That's the kind of paint party I can get behind! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Now, y'all know I'm Gibbs' biggest apologist, but there is NO COMPARISON with what he did BEFORE he joined NIS when he killed Hernandez while engulfed with rage and grief, and Torres deliberately and calmly planting evidence because boo-hoo, "he had no other choice."

I say BULLSHIT. And I'm getting weary of all these 'This time it's PERSONAL' plots for all the newbies and Bishop.

Right? That's what I meant. I was surprised he let him off the hook.

Edited by betsyboo
<spelling>
  • Love 3

AND another thing! When you have someone BLOCKED on your phone, their call never gets through. And if someone is calling from an unlisted or private number, the stupid phone will say either "Unknown" or "Private!"???Never BLOCKED. How do I know this? Because those are what I get from people I don't know who call, and one of my doctors, who calls me from her cell, but her number doesn't show up.

There's laziness and then there's LAZINESS. I'm surprised at and disappointed in David J. North, who I believe has written other episodes. This was beyond lame, boring and STOOPID. And no, Gibbs. You and Torres DO NOT have more in common than that whiner thinks. He shoulda HEADSLAPPED the idiot.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I'm getting weary of all these 'This time it's PERSONAL' plots for all the newbies and Bishop.

Unfortunately that particular trope is allover the whole world of crime-shows and it has become quite a pest.

• Love 5

Speaking of the head slap- whenwas the last time we saw one. Torres has been here long enough to have gotten one AND to know what's up when Gibbs stops the elevator. 

There are too many people on this show. Please remove Elle, Torres, MI-6 guy and Quinn. Vance can go too, although I've gotten used to him. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So let's just add Torres as another newbie who won't suffer any repercussions for PLANTING EVIDENCE.

Considering not only how Gibbs killed Hernandez then covered it up and had the rest of the team cover it up but that Gibbs himself has planted evidence on this show at least once before (I can't remember the episode's name, but I remember Gibbs Gibbs Slaps himself when he does it) I like that the writers decided not to make Gibbs blindingly hypocritical here. It's also perfectly in character for Gibbs to understand when someone has a very good reason to do something like that.

Edited by immortalfrieza

While the EW recapper liked the ep, she also asks:

So what do we think, fam? Between letting Torres skate on his evidence planting and allowing Bishop to execute her personal revenge for the death of her almost-fiancé, is Gibbs turning too many blind eyes this season? And which team member will have the next deep, dark secret?

• Love 4
On 4/19/2017 at 0:24 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know this show sucks when it comes to using real names of cities/counties in MD and VA, but JEEBUS FUCKING CRIPES!!!!

Boonsboro, MD is a one traffic light small town! With houses all clustered together and open fields with CATTLE grazing when driving down the TWO LANE roads!

YES!!!  exactly my thought!  my aunt used to live in Boonsboro and it hasn't changed that much since she moved away.  And just like Norfolk, it would take a couple of hours to get there because of the DC traffic.  Too much desert landscape to pass for hilly Maryland.  I also went to college not very far from there and just, no.

Plot wise, yeah, there was quite a bit lacking.  Too many characters spreading the dialogue around over.  

• Love 4
On 4/18/2017 at 6:32 PM, stonehaven said:

I rarely ever root for anyone to die in any show I've ever watched but NCIS made me hope that Torres dies...

Same here! When he pulled up to his garage and saw the bike, then quickly checked out all the windows facing him and pulls out his gun like he's a match for some unseen shooter, then approaches the bike with no back-up and no one knowing where he is...I thought, let him die now.

I've reserved judgment on him till now because he had ups and downs -- pouty, yes, but at odd moments sweet. Last night was just one big no for me. He can't even work well with Abby. I liked her quip about handing over the Cafe Pow -- "When is it too late?" "When I have to ask for it." He should know how to play that game by now. Instead, he seemed so self-absorbed, and that did not change throughout the show.

I'm missing Tony more and more as well. No matter how goofy he ever came across, he always did the right thing when the chips were down, with suitable gravitas. These new agents, not so much.

• Love 7

I did, kinda, like this episode.  Any less of Bishop is good for me.

I wish Abby would transition into something else, she is too old to carry off the juvenile look.

also Gibbs would never have allowed his crew to act like Bishop and Torres did in the past few episodes.  I know he has moved into a kinder more gentle person, but that is not Gibbs.

I too miss Tony, but I also miss Kate and Ziva (before it was tony and ziva).  Things change, Palmer is a Dr now and Ducky will probably soon be leaving ( will hate that).  But the idea of NCIS, the tight knit group that always followed the ## rules, is leaving.  Not happy about that

• Love 4

Am I the only one hoping for some kind of horrible attack that kills Bishop, Torres, Quinn and MI-6 dude?

It's so bad with characters this season I had to look up Quinn's name and have no idea what the MI-6 guy is named. At all.

Fuck, I used to love this show.

• Love 2

Yeah, at the beginning of this season I was all for the experiment of bringing in so many new characters but by now I think the experiment has failed and they should cull the herd. The only problem with that is that I see little consensus among viewers who should stay and who should go.

• Love 5

I had a really bothersome thought the other night, when Gibbs at the very end of the episode looked up at the camera with his sly, all knowing grin.

I thought that a cartoon box would appear above his head and say one of the following.

• When I step out of my shower next ep, and Tony hands me a towel.......(Dallas)
  • Don't look at me, I'm not continuity
  • Bet you can't guess who didn't have a speaking part this episode.
  • Remember I get a paycheck next year, whether you watch or not.
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Yeah, at the beginning of this season I was all for the experiment of bringing in so many new characters but by now I think the experiment has failed and they should cull the herd. The only problem with that is that I see little consensus among viewers who should stay and who should go.

I have my favorites and less favorites but frankly I'd ditch any of the newer characters (not Gibbs, Ducky, McGee, Palmer, thanks). Does anyone know if the newb actors have signed on for next season?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, marina to said:

@GHScorpiosRule @Linderhill Is that the Boonsboro where Nora Roberts owns an old hotel that she wrote a series about?

It's a bed and breakfast and yes. Also her hubby's store, Turn The Page Cafe, is across the street, where Nora continues to hold book signings 5-6 times a year.?

Still. One traffic light. Exit to Interstate 70 11 miles in either direction. Hagerstown, Dual Highway, 12 miles and then you hit a "city."?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, marina to said:

@GHScorpiosRule Thanks. I loved the books and was chuffed when I found out the inn was real. 

You're welcome. I'm only the BIGGEST Nora Roberts stalker fan EVAH! Been going to TTP for nearly 20 years.? Nora knows me by name as do all of the TTP employees.

The Inn is nice, but bloody expensive and you have to book a year in advance. Sadly, nothing to see in Boonsboro, but Antietam is nearby if you have a car, and Harper's Ferry about an hour out, I think. The busiest time and when that one light town makes the most money is when Nora has signings.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

AND another thing! When you have someone BLOCKED on your phone, their call never gets through. And if someone is calling from an unlisted or private number, the stupid phone will say either "Unknown" or "Private!"???Never BLOCKED. How do I know this? Because those are what I get from people I don't know who call, and one of my doctors, who calls me from her cell, but her number doesn't show up.

There's laziness and then there's LAZINESS. I'm surprised at and disappointed in David J. North, who I believe has written other episodes. This was beyond lame, boring and STOOPID. And no, Gibbs. You and Torres DO NOT have more in common than that whiner thinks. He shoulda HEADSLAPPED the idiot.

I'm glad he doesn't "headslap" them. That is for Tony.