Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Doctor Is In

As the wedding nears, Maddie struggles to keep her plan on track, Patrick tries to make a deal with Ezra, and Max teaches Richard tricks of the trade, while Jules has an unexpected encounter.

Haven't watched the episode yet.  I've just been replaying the opening to hear their beautiful piano version of Where is My Mind by The Pixies.  What a great song choice for this show.

I've been lucky enough to hear the song live a couple of times, and would love to have this pretty piano version to listen to.

• Love 3

Still enjoying this show.  Missed the bits of usual levity and seeing interaction between Ezra, Max and I suppose Jules tonight.

I'm not on the egde-of-my-seat for next week, but when it gets here I know I'll enjoy it and be sad it's the last episode for this season.  

Does anyone know if Bravo has stated if there will be a second season?

The jacket, tights, boots and mini with a big belt that Maddie had on... I had an eerily similar outfit back in the 80s from Contempo Casuals (booties were from Wild Pair).  Just wore it with much bigger hair.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

Haven't watched the episode yet.  I've just been replaying the opening to hear their beautiful piano version of Where is My Mind by The Pixies.  What a great song choice for this show.

I've been lucky enough to hear the song live a couple of times, and would love to have this pretty piano version to listen to.

I LOVED that version of "Where is My Mind."

One of the surprising joys of this show has been its excellent soundtrack. I'm still trying to find the name of the song playing in the bar during the flashback to Jules meeting Maddie (can't think of her name at the time)... if anyone knows it I'll be grateful if you told me :) Shazam-ing got me nowhere... probably too much dialogue.

I admit I was kinda lost at the end. I hope they tie up most of the loose ends because I don't think I would enjoy seeing this particular storyline prolonged. (Same characters, yes... same confusion about who's on who's side... no).

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 2

why would Maddie keep her burner phone in her apartment and not on her? And what good is it as a microphone if it's not always with her? Why not just plant the "bug" anywhere in the apartment?

6 hours ago, dleighg said:

So does anyone have a clue as to why Max would impersonate the Doctor? I am so confused.

Decoy? No idea. I've watched the episode 5 or 6 times and I still am trying to figure things out.

(edited)

So does anyone have a clue as to why Max would impersonate the Doctor? I am so confused.

The Doctor won't be at the wedding, but they want Patrick to think he is. Max will grab the money disguised as the doctor.

Glad the faction thing has been cleared up. It appears that it's really Team Maddie Max E R J vs Team FBI. And yet there's at least one specific potential fracture (besides any random double-crossing) in that Maddie looked genuinely unsettled to learn Max had given Sally up. 

I looked on imdb to see if there's a blurb for the next episode, and I noticed 

Spoiler

there's a credit for "Young Maddie" so looks like we'll get at least a little backstory!

Edited by rejnel
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, rejnel said:

in that Maddie looked genuinely unsettled to learn Max had given Sally up. 

yes, I'm not certain we can trust Max. Though that would kind of "ruin" the story so maybe it's a double double cross against the doctor.

I'm loving this show.  I find it so refreshing how the plot keeps twisting so we don't know what's to come, and the way the writers have inserted comedy into the episodes & the characters.  I'm intrigued about Ezra's participation, and the way the show's now revealing he's deeper into the con than they had us originally believe.  Who's on the team, and who's out for themselves? - every grifter knows to never trust another grifter.  At the heart of it, they all know each of the others is working their own angle.  I love it.

What I don't care for is this mysterious doctor who is supposedly in charge of the operation.  And how they all refer to him as The Doctor.  Really?- It just seems so corny to me.  He's a surgeon, he's a confidence mastermind, he's a ruthless murderer who kills off anyone who crosses him.  Every time he's on screen I find myself annoyed with his character and the way the writers want us to be afraid of him.... But he is rarely on screen, so I'm happy about that.

And I must say, I think the actress who plays Maddie is just hands down gorgeous.  She's a great actress, too.  I have never seen her in anything before, and I think she was cast perfectly for this role.  Actually, I think they all were.  

• Love 9

I also am not fond of Jules' character, but I am very curious about this affair with the FBI lady, the one who pretends to be Patrick's sister. Can't remember her name, but she told the FBI boss that they believe Jules is a civilian and really is Ezra's girlfriend. So this was no con? The FBI agent actually had a thing for Jules? I wonder how that will play out....will Jules slip up? She seems the type.

• Love 1

Things could always turn on a dime, but right now I'm very much rooting for the gang of three (plus Maddie and Max) to outsmart the doctor, Lenny, and the FBI.

Should be interesting since Maddie and now Jules have romantic feelings towards their FBI foes!

• Love 3

I thought the last picture was Sally too.  Ezra would recognize her, since she was supposed to be "Ava"'s aunt or something, right? 

I had the last two epis of this show on my DVR and watched them last night.  I thought I had kinda fallen out of love with the show but I'm right back there.  I love that we don't know which way it's going and nothing is as it seems.  It's refreshing. 

Jules is probably my least favorite character although she does have some zingers.  She's just too emo for me.  And as someone who was so insistent on The Rules, she sure did buckle quickly. 

I think her hook up with Gina (I think that's her name?) was legit on both sides.  Which will have to create issues down the road.

Patrick and Maddie/Saffron clearly have feelings for each other.

I think the old switcheroo will be done with the half million FBI money and that will lead us into Season 2, where the FBI is going to be going after Max, Maddie, Ezra, Richard and Jules.  Now the Scooby Gang are going to be all in.

Richard is my absolute favorite character.  He's freaking hilarious.  He reminds me of someone and I can't quit put my finger on it.  But I enjoy his scenes more than anyone else's. 

• Love 3

Did anyone catch when Patrick said the minister is "real"? Will that make Maddie and Patrick legally wed? Of course they would probably have to have a marriage license for it to be legit. Just wondering if that might be another plot twist 

• Love 1

Could it be legal if Maddie gets married under the name Saffron? And isn't she still married to Ezra, Richard and Jules? I suppose they could have gotten divorces when Maddie left them and took their money or could they get annulements because she married them under false identities? Even if the minister is real, I'd say there are enough issues that would make the marriage between Maddie and Patrick not legal.

• Love 1

I hope there is a second season for sure...loving it.  Although I am confused as to why Max is impersonating the Doctor since he will put a huge target on his back.  Looking forward tot he season finale!

On 4/6/2017 at 11:20 PM, Arkay said:

I also am not fond of Jules' character, but I am very curious about this affair with the FBI lady, the one who pretends to be Patrick's sister. Can't remember her name, but she told the FBI boss that they believe Jules is a civilian and really is Ezra's girlfriend. So this was no con? The FBI agent actually had a thing for Jules? I wonder how that will play out....will Jules slip up? She seems the type.

When the FBI lady (Gina?) told the boss they thought Jules was a civilian, the boss said something like "you think? We need to know. I want eyes on her". So I believe Gina followed her and met up with her in the art store in order to verify who she is. Not at all sure how they pegged Jules as a lesbian since they were operating under the premise that she's Ezra's girlfriend.