Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

I wondered about the Pooh lady.  I saw enough of her advertisements (thank you TLC, not!) to know that I didn't want to watch her, but I know my viewing interests are not the ones TLC is aiming for.

• Love 1

Whitney posted a video on FB of a male dancer with a fat suit on and just reamed him out for making fun of an oppressed group and shit. She called him out and asked others to repost her whiny rant instead of, I must note, just IGNORING HIM if she didn't like the video. I think she is just jealous that he has incredible technique even with a fat suit on.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney posted a video on FB of a male dancer with a fat suit on and just reamed him out for making fun of an oppressed group and shit. She called him out and asked others to repost her whiny rant instead of, I must note, just IGNORING HIM if she didn't like the video. I think she is just jealous that he has incredible technique even with a fat suit on.

Let's see if I got this right.

Whitney disagrees with a man's actions so she reams him out in public and asks others to do the same...

...while Whitney claims to promote a No Body Shame campaign because, in part, of the negative way people behave towards fat people.

Can we say hypocrite?!

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Complexity said:

Let's see if I got this right.

Whitney disagrees with a man's actions so she reams him out in public and asks others to do the same...

...while Whitney claims to promote a No Body Shame campaign because, in part, of the negative way people behave towards fat people.

Can we say hypocrite?!

One comment on the post mentioned how hypocritical Whit was being and a bunch of her Nit-Whits bitched her out. Someone compared it to "blackface," which WOW. It is amazing how social media has contributed to this "I am a person of size, like a person of color, I should be a protected class" garbage. All it does is minimize ACTUAL racial discrimination which is still a problem. Besides, "person of size" is a subjective term. I posted a FB group link here where the group description says "we are a group for super obese ONLY, NO lesser fatties allowed." Like, they think that people who are fat but under 350 lb are "privileged." My head hurts, y'all.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

One comment on the post mentioned how hypocritical Whit was being and a bunch of her Nit-Whits bitched her out. Someone compared it to "blackface," which WOW. It is amazing how social media has contributed to this "I am a person of size, like a person of color, I should be a protected class" garbage. All it does is minimize ACTUAL racial discrimination which is still a problem. Besides, "person of size" is a subjective term. I posted a FB group link here where the group description says "we are a group for super obese ONLY, NO lesser fatties allowed." Like, they think that people who are fat but under 350 lb are "privileged." My head hurts, y'all.

Now that "transgender" has become an acceptable term in social discourse, a nut like Rachel Dolezal (white woman who was outed for pretending to be black) feels no shame in calling herself "transracial." One of these days I expect Twit will declare herself "trans-svelte" along with her current favorite, "person of size."

1 hour ago, abbey said:

I wondered about the Pooh lady.  I saw enough of her advertisements (thank you TLC, not!) to know that I didn't want to watch her, but I know my viewing interests are not the ones TLC is aiming for.

I think she got cancelled before the run of her series ended. That's why there were those 2 weeks where MBFFL was followed by a rerun; the Pooh time slot had to be filled. The show was very unsuccessful, with about 400,000 viewers which placed it around #100 of the 150 cable shows on Tue night.

Edited by Dot
corrected name, thanx $ClareWalks
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Dot said:

Now that "transgender" has become an acceptable term in social discourse, a nut like Rachel Dozenal (white woman who was outed for pretending to be black) feels no shame in calling herself "transracial." One of these days I expect Twit will declare herself "trans-svelte" along with her current favorite, "person of size."

Oh lord almighty, Rachel Dolezal...I feel like she is just trolling the entire transgender community (which is legitimate) with her insistence on that term "transracial" (which is ridiculous). Of course, she also compares her making and selling crafts for money, to slavery. Yikes. 

Trans-svelte made me LOL! She is basically a transdancer at this point. Her transdance career might take off once she transitions from a no-talent clown into someone with a work ethic.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Trans-svelte made me LOL! She is basically a transdancer at this point. Her transdance career might take off once she transitions from a no-talent clown into someone with a work ethic.

And "transdancer" made me LOL! (Great minds ... & all that.) I guess Twit could also call herself "trans-dieter." Others?

• Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Dot said:

I guess Twit could also call herself "trans-dieter." Others?

Oh, she's not even a trans-dieter. That would require some form of a diet. I think for that one, she would be a faux-dieter.

Edited by Complexity
  • Love 4

I have a hard time understanding how a supposedly educated woman could even begin to believe that fat people getting made fun of/looked down on is the same as actual oppression. If that were the case, then anyone that grew up being called ugly, nerdy, loser, etc. would be able to claim oppression. A lot of those people would be people that Whitney considers to be the most privileged. I imagine someone like Bill Gates has faced a lot of the same teasing that Whitney, a former Prom Princess, claims to have been traumatized by. He should start a movement called No Nerd Shaming. 

When you start making money off of your supposed oppression status, it makes you want to find oppression in everything to keep your career going. And that makes you inadvertently minimize the ACTUAL oppression of other people.

• Love 10

I saw the video. It doesn't occur to any one of twits cult followers that this is a video of a famous south Korean ballet dancer that is rehearsing for a performance. Nope she just wants to do this flash and bang and get everyone rilled up to take attention off of her. And she really says oppressed wow. No twit you are not oppressed. Not even close! Spolied entited brat is more accurate! 

• Love 11
(edited)
32 minutes ago, AmyB said:

I saw the video. It doesn't occur to any one of twits cult followers that this is a video of a famous south Korean ballet dancer that is rehearsing for a performance. Nope she just wants to do this flash and bang and get everyone rilled up to take attention off of her. And she really says oppressed wow. No twit you are not oppressed. Not even close! Spolied entited brat is more accurate! 

Would you post a link to the video. Somehow, I feel the need to bathe when I go to Whitney's FB page.

Never mind, I found it (see this post). ? 

Edited by Complexity
1 minute ago, M.F. Luder said:

If that were the case, then anyone that grew up being called ugly, nerdy, loser, etc. would be able to claim oppression.

Exactly! I was barked at in the halls of my high school. I was voted, VOTED, the second ugliest girl in the class. It took until I went to college and got asked out a lot before I realized the kids at my school were either assholes, greatly exaggerating, or both. I would never refer to any of that as "oppression." Hell, I never even thought of it as "bullying." That's just people being dicks. We can choose to believe the dicks or we can choose to tune them out. Whitney reposting videos of "shamers" (so-called) is giving them power over her and her fans.

• Love 9

Whats interesting is the video was made two years ago. It just goes to show you twit seriously just goes searching online for things to complain about. She is all flash no substance.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Whats interesting is the video was made two years ago. It just goes to show you twit seriously just goes searching online for things to complain about. She is all flash no substance.  

Worldwidedance posted the video on YouTube a few days ago (Apr 24). So that may have triggered her interest in it. Oddly, all variations of the same video have different music.

3 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Wow! Whitney has egg on her face now!

I wonder if Kyung can file a legitimate slander suit against her.

• Love 6
(edited)

I found the ballet! It's actually quite ironic for Whitney. There were 4 "fat" dancers who reject a 5th dancer because she was thin. When the thin dancer was selected to be part of the dance, the fat dancers told lies to the choreographer which led him to kick the thin dancer off. I'll not say how it ended in case anyone is interested in watching it.

It's highly entertaining, but wow, is it ironic when thinking of Whitney's moronic attack on Kyung.

Black Stage live performance (17m10s, the first minute or so is just music with a black stage).

Edited by Complexity
  • Love 3

Maybe this gentleman and the doctor she attacked (with no retraction that I know of) should start a class-action suit.  Given her propensity for finding fault and criticizing everyone else on earth, there may be others to join in the suit.  Todd?  Buddy?  

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, AmyB said:

Thanks, @AmyB. It is incredible that Twit has used this video to sic her Nit-Whits [thanks for this designation, @Ketzel] on this man who actually has a REAL dance career.

Twit is obviously bored out of her skull at the moment, given the videos & comments she has been posting. She needs to take herself to the Golden Corral & chill out.

Edited by Dot
remembered name
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Honesty , after reading all of the hate/anger posted by Whitney  and watching  some of the news  my heart  hurts. What have we ( as a nation  not any individuals here) become.

• Love 7

At least this time she is getting a lot of backlash over this post. Who wants to take bets she apologizes or deletes the posts and acts like it never happened.

• Love 7

"Also, if @worldwidedance is so cool with fat bodies, I wonder why they've never reposted me!"

Because Twit, your dancing sucks.  Really, the belly dancing, the arabesque, the fitness marshall, you do nothing interesting.

You're not dynamic, you're boring.  You even said it yourself, Hailey the other dancer was fantastic and even you pointed out that you move so much more less than everyone else in the video.

You're the Bill O'Riley of the FA movement.

• Love 10

I couldn't resist going to Twit's FB page to see what the lemmings have to say. There's the usual "we love you & you inspire us" BS, but a surprising number -- maybe even half -- said she was being "too sensitive" & " should get over herself." Many pointed out that it was a video of a renown South Korean ballet dancer practicing for a performance & not fat shaming at all. Could it be that even her most ardent fans are getting a little tired of the "it's all about me" attitude?

And, BTW, why would something called Worldwide Dance repost any of her dance videos? Why would they have even heard of her?

2 minutes ago, AmyB said:

At least this time she is getting a lot of backlash over this post. Who wants to take bets she apologizes or deletes the posts and acts like it never happened.

No apology. But I agree she will delete it.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Dot said:

And, BTW, why would something called Worldwide Dance repost any of her dance videos? Why would they have even heard of her?

Whitney's so self-centered, it didn't even occur to her that the fat suit dancing had nothing to do with her.

Moreover, she cannot seem to grasp that she's completely irrelevant to Worldwide Dance other than to defend themselves from her unwarranted attack.

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Dot said:

Well, if TLC sez this new guy is joining Twit & the medium, it is apparent that MBFFL is renewed. Also interesting that he is NOT joining that Pooh woman whose show was a TLC disaster.

It could also be that TLC invited Whitney and Theresa to appear on the new guy's show as guests. 

Edited by Ketzel
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe this gentleman and the doctor she attacked (with no retraction that I know of) should start a class-action suit.  Given her propensity for finding fault and criticizing everyone else on earth, there may be others to join in the suit.  Todd?  Buddy?  

Roy?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, qqererer said:

There's a campaign to put her on Dancing with the Stars.

I would LOOOOVE to see that.

I would too! Bruno would rip her a new one! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, qqererer said:

"Also, if @worldwidedance is so cool with fat bodies, I wonder why they've never reposted me!"

Because Twit, your dancing sucks.  Really, the belly dancing, the arabesque, the fitness marshall, you do nothing interesting.

You're not dynamic, you're boring.  You even said it yourself, Hailey the other dancer was fantastic and even you pointed out that you move so much more less than everyone else in the video.

You're the Bill O'Riley of the FA movement.

Omg this makes me SO mad... hey Whit... maybe they haven't reposted you... because they DON'T WANT TO. 

As much as she would argue otherwise she is not a professional dancer, and even if she was, nobody is obligated to repost or share anything if they don't feel like it. Just because you are fat and you dance doesn't mean everybody has to love you.

Also, let me get this straight... she gets outraged and offended because people call her fat, she's "oppressed" ( I can't risk someone thinking I'm serious, thus quotation marks) and discriminated against... but the very thing she is "oppressed" for is the token to her fame, and people should fawn over her, so it's ok when it affords her opportunities she wouldn't otherwise have, but not if it brings negative attention?

Lastly, I don't fly a ton, but I can't remember the last time I have flown and seen more than one open seat here and there, definitely not 2 in the same row by coincidence. What I do always hear is the "this flight is full so please check your bag if the overhead compartment is full" so my guess is she bought at least one of the seats and maybe got lucky the 3rd was empty.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Lastly, I don't fly a ton, but I can't remember the last time I have flown and seen more than one open seat here and there, definitely not 2 in the same row by coincidence. What I do always hear is the "this flight is full so please check your bag if the overhead compartment is full" so my guess is she bought at least one of the seats and maybe got lucky the 3rd was empty.

OK, here's a show I'd watch.  United or Delta, drag Whit off the plane.  Even money.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, qqererer said:

There's a campaign to put her on Dancing with the Stars.

I would LOOOOVE to see that.

Yeah, as a joke. Of course we know she'd loudly proclaim she wants to "win", but she'd probably become "injured" during rehearsals for fear of being voted off first. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yeah, as a joke. Of course we know she'd loudly proclaim she wants to "win", but she'd probably become "injured" during rehearsals for fear of being voted off first. 

No, I think she'd say she saw the scoring pads, and she really was th winner, but...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

And heather just posted this wonderful picture. Is twit never clothed? Like ever

IMG_4874.JPG

As a introverted male, can someone please explain to me if 'girls sleepovers' really do migrate in to a woman's 30's?

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Ha, no way.

DWTS, as much as I HATE that show and can't understand the appeal of it, the dancers do dance.  They're serious about it.  It takes real rehearsal and the contestants do real work to prepare.  The producers DON'T want American Idol-esque crap audition/dances.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, qqererer said:

As a introverted male, can someone please explain to me if 'girls sleepovers' really do migrate in to a woman's 30's?

I've gotta admit that in my experience I would say if the women are sufficiently single, childless, and drunk, then it's not really out of the question that they would share a bed after a night of drinking and being too drunk to drive back home. But no one is naked, and we don't cuddle and take selfies. And it's definitely not something we proudly post to social media afterward, haha.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

And heather just posted this wonderful picture. Is twit never clothed? Like ever 

IMG_4874.JPG

I am totally ignorant about how selfies are made. How was this one done? I can see everyone's arms except Twit's left. The camera seems to be farther than arms length. So is she holding one of those stick thingies?

I'm sincerely interested in knowing how this photo came about. I'm old; I don't understand a lot of modern stuff. Be patience with my ignorance.

21 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

I've gotta admit that in my experience I would say if the women are sufficiently single, childless, and drunk, then it's not really out of the question that they would share a bed after a night of drinking and being too drunk to drive back home. But no one is naked, and we don't cuddle and take selfies. And it's definitely not something we proudly post to social media afterward, haha.

Heather, of course, has a couple of kids.

I'm gonna throw something out that I have believed for a long time. We all know Donna Lee is a housemate even tho Twit is perfectly capable of paying the mortgage on her own. Several of you have commented that DLee is probably paid a stipend of some sort -- perhaps free rent -- to act as Twit's personal care assistant. I think it's more than tying her shoes or helping her out of the bathtub. We all know how "sen-shus" Twit is; she even said it was hard to smile without her natural senshusness shining thru. This is a long preface to what I think DLee does for Twit: I think she services Twit sexually whenever Twit decides she needs sexual relief. How easy would it be for a 400# woman to reach her own clitoris? With a vibrator, sure, but I can see Twit as someone who wouldn't be satisfied without the human touch.

Anyway, I just see no other reason why DLee is always around, often in Twit's bedroom. I don't see either one of them as lesbians, just as DLee being will to help Twit with one of her enormous urges.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, qqererer said:

Ha, no way.

DWTS, as much as I HATE that show and can't understand the appeal of it, the dancers do dance.  They're serious about it.  It takes real rehearsal and the contestants do real work to prepare.  The producers DON'T want American Idol-esque crap audition/dances.

I am a female and I think I'm just a year or 2 older than Whitney, I also happen to be extremely introverted, so perhaps that is a factor, but I can't tell you the last time I had a sleepover with out a purpose like a girls weekend or something. I don't think I'd be opposed to one, but like said above naked cuddling 3 to a bed would definitly not happen. My friends are all married with kids, so that is definitly a factor, but at this stage in my life I just rather be in my home in my bed comfortably. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Dot said:

I am totally ignorant about how selfies are made. How was this one done? I can see everyone's arms except Twit's left. The camera seems to be farther than arms length. So is she holding one of those stick thingies?

It looks like Donna (in the middle) is holding a selfie stick - her hand is out of frame. Also this is a tremendously low quality photo so it was definitely taken in "selfie mode," which looks like a newspaper-printed mugshot unless you have a $1000 phone. ;)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Looks like they're filming an episode for next season . . . a lesbian threesome.  Isn't that about the only invented scenario they haven't hit us with yet?

Why not have them get Whitney back with Fitty Smallz to do another of their R-rated videos, wherein Whitney smacks down the normal-weight dancers who are awkward and gawky compared to her magnificence in both body and dance? Such a fine representation of her non-body-shaming philosophy!

• Love 4