Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

On 11/11/2017 at 4:19 PM, Dot said:

Twit has a video from 2000 on her FB page today. She's dancing to a Tori Amos song & would be about 16 years old, I guess, and at the start of her "dance career" at her performing arts h.s.

She is definitely thinner & thereby much more mobile & flexible. But her moves seem very clunky to me, with no fluidity or continuity to them. Lord knows, I'm no qualified critic of The Dance, though, so I'll be interested in what some of you dancers have to say about this early preview of her "dance career."

Not impressed at all.  Definitely amateur dance recital stuff.  Even thin, she is not a dance talent.

• Love 4

So Whitney loved the Tori Amos concert, and got to go backstage with Tal to meet her. (I wonder what happened to Lennie? Was he left in the parking lot waiting for them to return?) She was very nice to them and told Whitney that people had "been talking to her" about "what she [Whitney] had been doing." Whitney gave Tori a copy of "I Do It With The Lights On." Tori gave Whitney an autograph that said Whitney was an "inspiration." They hugged.  To think Whitney would have missed this incredible experience if the venue had not been enlightened enough to offer special accommodation seating for "people of size" or those who required "bariatric chairs." But they did!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1

I’m catching up 5 pages so sorry if this isn’t as relevant, but if this seasons angle is depression, well there isn’t much I can do about it, but it’s deplorable. They’ve already exploited miscarriages so it is well within the realm of possibility that they are setting up for a suicidal story arch. At this point what hasn’t Whitney been afflicted by?

also, as someone who frequently uses food delivery like Postmates and uberEats... healthy choices are possible. 

• Love 1
On 11/12/2017 at 9:48 PM, Ketzel said:

So Whitney loved the Tori Amos concert, and got to go backstage with Tal to meet her. (I wonder what happened to Lennie? Was he left in the parking lot waiting for them to return?) She was very nice to them and told Whitney that people had "been talking to her" about "what she [Whitney] had been doing." Whitney gave Tori a copy of "I Do It With The Lights On." Tori gave Whitney an autograph that said Whitney was an "inspiration." They hugged.  To think Whitney would have missed this incredible experience if the venue had not been enlightened enough to offer special accommodation seating for "people of size" or those who required "bariatric chairs." But they did!

I suspect Lennie gets left in the parking lot, or some equivalency of that, quite often within his relationship with Twit.

Does a venue with those chairs get accused of fat-shaming if they only fit 400 #ers but not 600 #ers?

ETA: The above comment is flippant, but I seriously think that if a person is so large that she requires 2 seats, she should be charged twice the price. Weighing 400+ #s is a CHOICE. Twit now sez she has no intention of losing weight. Fine. Her choice to make. But I see no reason why venues need accommodate that choice without remuneration.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 6

Whitney posted on FB a link for some relative to get a football trip paid for, and one of her fans asked if she didn't make enough money from her TV gig to pay for it herself. Then the shit hit the fan. Whitney LOST IT on them. Here is the start of it but there is plenty more in the thread if you go look. It is obvious to me that Whitney is broke and is VERY sensitive about it. The issue I have with Whitney on social media is that she claims to be so happy with herself and her body but she is such a stereotypical rage-filled fat woman. I know plenty of fat women who are "normal" emotionally but Whitney doesn't seem to be one of them. So much is simmering just below the surface, and she won't even acknowledge it (it goes beyond just depression, which she admits to having).

Capture.JPG

• Love 7

Ol' Twit's gone a little nuts. I went to her FB page to take a look at the football donation thread & found she's now got 2 rants going about Blake Shelton. I think she's having a meltdown today.

BTW, the photo of her cousin & his son is interesting. It's too small for me to be sure, but the son appears to be African-American or bi-racial. If so, I wonder why Twit's never mentioned that? I would think that would be important to her.

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Dot said:

Ol' Twit's gone a little nuts. I went to her FB page to take a look at the football donation thread & found she's now got 2 rants going about Blake Shelton. I think she's having a meltdown today.

Holy shit, she is FURIOUS about Blake Shelton. Personally if I see that a celebrity is being an asshole, I don't give that celebrity any more attention. And you know Whitney is only mad because he said that thing about fat women. If he'd only been a homophobe or a racist, she wouldn't have cared at all.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, thebigboot said:

Wow, I don’t know who is more insane, her or her fans.

I think Twit found herself in a position today where she made a really bad decision, so she is striking out at fans & Shelton rather than taking blame herself.

One fan said her asking her fans to pony up for her cousin was just like Sarah McLaughlin asking for money to save abused animals. Well, no. One is a TV PSA to anonymous viewers to aid a charity; the other, a request for fans who adore you to give money to your relative. Not appropriate. Also not appropriate for the aunt to have asked Twit to do that. Twit should have told Auntie she would be happy to give $300 to her cousin but could not ethically put the squeeze on her fans.

BTW, the appeal has only produced $45 from the fans. Maybe they're not so dumb as we've all thought! The money appears to be going to the father to pay his transportation, food & accommodation for a week's glorious bask in Florida. His son's expenses would be part of the team's expenses paid by the school district.

• Love 4

She's always been a massive dick to her fans. If she were just your run of the mill narcissist who feels like the world should cater to her, I would have been pretty wevs about her. But it turned into flames on the side of my face when I saw what a consistently snotty, condescending asshole she is to her fans. That I cannot abide.

• Love 5

With Twit's pandering for her cousin has come a flutter of fans asking her to promote THEIR fundraisers. I noticed she told at least one to go to nobodyshame.com & she would see what she could do about it.

This is the website that is supposedly the nexus for all her efforts about fat-shaming. Out of curiosity, I just went to the website. It obviously has not been maintained since 2015. So any time she references this site, she is lying. 

And, since maintaining a website costs money, it adds another fact to @ClareWalks' theory that she is close to broke.

ETA: I also checked out cousin's GoFundMe account & saw it had grown overnight from $45 to $665. Wow, the Nit-Whits actually are coming thru for their girl, I thought. Then I looked at the donor list: $300 came from Uncle Glenn! So only a total of $65 from the fan base.

Why didn't these people just keep this a family matter instead of making it a public embarrassment?

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Why didn't these people just keep this a family matter instead of making it a public embarrassment?

And since I believe GoFundMe takes a percentage of the donations, I can't think of any reason why Glen would donate to a family member through the website unless he was trying to help Whitney save face.

• Love 5

To be fair I think people are assuming way too much about what Whit is making from her TV show, she is an unemployed narcissist trying to promote her No Body Shame BUSINESS, it's not a charity, No Body Shame is her business. How much do you really think you have to pay a narcissist too fat to work another job to appear on a national TV show where they get to promote their business for free?  It' not like the show is raking in a ton of money and other networks are trying to poach Whit.

If I were negotiating with Whit I would offer to pay her slightly more per season than any job she is remotely qualified for, maybe $40-$50k? It's not like she has or could have another lucrative career and the show gives her a platform to try and make extra money while not working full time for her No Body Shame bullshit.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, John M said:

To be fair I think people are assuming way too much about what Whit is making from her TV show, she is an unemployed narcissist trying to promote her No Body Shame BUSINESS, it's not a charity, No Body Shame is her business. How much do you really think you have to pay a narcissist too fat to work another job to appear on a national TV show where they get to promote their business for free?  It' not like the show is raking in a ton of money and other networks are trying to poach Whit.

If I were negotiating with Whit I would offer to pay her slightly more per season than any job she is remotely qualified for, maybe $40-$50k? It's not like she has or could have another lucrative career and the show gives her a platform to try and make extra money while not working full time for her No Body Shame bullshit.

It’s all on Whitney though, she pushes herself one way, I’m going on this trip, I’m going on that cruise. Why wouldn’t people make that assumption about the liar? She set herself up for it.

• Love 2

And it's obvious she's spending a LOT of money at Starbucks and her four pizza delivery services.  When we want to economize to have money for something that's more important, eating out is the first thing we eliminate.  But then we're not lazy and entitled.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, John M said:

she is an unemployed narcissist trying to promote her No Body Shame BUSINESS, it's not a charity, No Body Shame is her business.

She actually has 2 websites. She claims that nobodyshame.com, tho not a 501.c.3 charity as far as I can tell, is where she is supposed to be battling fat-shaming. That's the moribund one I referred to upthread.

She also has nobodshamestore.com, standalone & also linked to the other website, where she sells her crap. Her hustle is still alive & well there.

ETA: Just did my afternoon check on the football trip donation. Another Thore added $20.

Seriously, why didn't these people just have a Thanksgiving family reunion & pass the hat then?

Edited by Dot
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

Oh gosh, Whitney's latest FB photo... It's the first one I've seen lately that's head-on and shows her hips. The girl needs help. 

No kidding. Also, that's a photo from a photo shoot over a month ago. So she's up to her usual trick of pulling out an old photo or video when she wants the Nit-Whits to fawn over her: "Oh, you're so beautiful!"

• Love 1

Not to be "that bitch," but she looks totally spherical at this point. There is no way she hasn't gained back all the weight she lost. Not that I care how much she weighs, but I just hate the constant lying about how much she is consuming and/or how hard she is working out. It perpetuates the insane (and dangerous, for impressionable people) idea that you can be athletic and super morbidly obese with 70% body fat at the same time.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 8

Speaking of GoFundMe, apparently the students running the Women's Center at Shippensburg University put a page up to raise money for Whitney's appearance on campus. Here's a local news review of her day there, complete with a couple of photographs that support ClareWalks's assessment of the current state of Whitney's weight. Oh, and the GoFundMe raised a grand total of $15, but some university fund kicked in an unspecified stipend for Whitney.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5

I'm thinking that Shippensburg didn't go so well for her, leading to the meltdown 2 days later. She has been mute about that visit; it's rare for her not to crow about how wonderful she was at some event or another. (Remember the video of her kissing her speaker's badge at a Jr League event?)

Maybe she didn't get much of a crowd or the stipend was less than expected.

BTW, one Nit-Whit posted her happiness at meeting Twit AND BABS at Shippensburg. It's odd that the parents won't let her out of their sight. Maybe they're afraid of consequences if she's left on her own for too long.

• Love 4

I mentioned in a couple of the episode threads that after I'd researched the published salaries for people on similar reality-type shows, I was pretty sure that if Whitney was making in the six-figures per season, it wasn't very far into the six-figures, pre-tax.  After taxes, and after paying off the mountain of debt I'm sure she'd accumulated before she waddled onto the TLC gravy-train, I'm not surprised if most of the early seasons' income is gone.  And the fact that TLC hasn't exactly been pushing the new season out there suggests that they may not place as much value on Whitney as a franchise for the network.

As far as her shilling for a family member, I agree that it's inappropriate.  It's not like she was trying to raise funds for an expensive medical procedure or something.  Which made me wonder, has Whitney ever used any of her "celebrity" (such as it is) to try to raise funds for any actual legitimate charitable cause? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Which made me wonder, has Whitney ever used any of her "celebrity" (such as it is) to try to raise funds for any actual legitimate charitable cause? 

Oh, my. Are you saying her "No Body Shame" campaign is not a "legitimate" operation that she whole-heartedly puts all her time, energy & pocketbook into?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Dot said:

Oh, my. Are you saying her "No Body Shame" campaign is not a "legitimate" operation that she whole-heartedly puts all her time, energy & pocketbook into?

The only part of her pocketbook that NoBS involves is the "incoming" slot.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Speaking of GoFundMe, apparently the students running the Women's Center at Shippensburg University put a page up to raise money for Whitney's appearance on campus

I'd think that they'd approach her via TLC, and TLC would pay, if they care to promote her.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:38 PM, ClareWalks said:

Not to be "that bitch," but she looks totally spherical at this point.

Oh, go ahead!  Somebody had to to be her.

• Love 2

You guys are hilarious! !!  Thanks for the laughs. I guess we're gearing up for Season 5.  Make it happen, Twit! 

No wonder that Shipperan College couldn't raiser the $ without a  "special stipend" for Twit to come and talk or dance.

Seriously, it's hard to take her seriously any longer. Healthy food and exercise for mind, body and emotional fitness are in, as is  no bullying others, but there's a line between no shaming and trying to promote morbid obesity as a positive (I can't say healthy) lifestyle. 

It's not shaming.  Its a sham.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, MrsClaus said:

Wow.  I can't imagine anyone paying that much for her as a speaker.........unless they wanted to hear fairy tales.

If you read the fine print, it says the rate may be below or above the stated rate, depending on circumstances. I seriously doubt Twit has EVER seen a $5,000+ payday.

3 hours ago, Tosia said:

What a great -- and apt -- line!

One of Twit's great hypocrisies -- of many -- is her guise as a Social Justice Warrior. People who are legitimately espousing a legitimate cause do NOT ask for $$$ (other than expenses, perhaps) to promote that cause.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

Indeed.  I think one of my first-ever posts re: this show said that Whitney needs to learn the difference between not-feeling-shamed, and being shameless.  

• Love 6

I daresay that, after 10 days, Twit's cousin is not going to get more from her fans than the current $65 from 3 of them.

Isn't this a terrific embarrassment for a narcissist? Out of the 400,000+ Nit-Whits who supposedly love, love, love her, only 3 could be gulled into paying for a Florida vacation for one of her relatives.

• Love 4

I’m not a fan of go fund me to begin with, call me old fashioned but I’ve always felt it was rude to solicit friends for money, I get it when it comes to unexpected medical expenses, those can sky rocket astronomically and when it’s unexpected that’s devastating (and quite frankly even expected expenses take a toll)... but pretty much any other reason I feel like we need to take responsibility for our own shit. It’s one thing to do a fundraiser, like provide some kind of service for a donation, like a car wash, I will happily donate more than what a car wash is worth, but when people just sit back and wait for others to fund their lives bothers me.

Especially when you are a public figure you have to be cautious what you promote on social media, I have a few friends who are public figures and all of them have separate social media for their personal friends vs public, if she wanted to share it on a personal page, while I don’t agree, fine... but to expect fans to fund something like that seems tacky. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Dot said:

I daresay that, after 10 days, Twit's cousin is not going to get more from her fans than the current $65 from 3 of them.

Isn't this a terrific embarrassment for a narcissist? Out of the 400,000+ Nit-Whits who supposedly love, love, love her, only 3 could be gulled into paying for a Florida vacation for one of her relatives.

If Nit Whit won't pay out for her fans to join her on the cruise, why should they support her cousin (Sarcasm - I promise.)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Dot said:

No, just 2. Everyone else who donated either has the last name of Thore or the maiden name of Thore. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Wonder what the ongoing cost of Her food addiction is, grocery and takeout- wise?

I'm guessing that is a huge part of her depleted funds

According to Twit herself, she has her meals delivered daily, far more expensive than take-out or groceries.

• Love 1

"Whitney Way Thore Silent in Sexual Assault Travesty when Video Surfaces of her Grabbing Youtube Star by the rear end"

"Whitney Way Thore is caught in the recent #meetoo movement when video surfaces of Whitney Way Thore of participating in an 'exerciese' video, where at the end of the video, she is clearly putting her hands on the rear anatomy of a youtube celebrity."

Is the above an actual news headline?  No, but is it 100% fact?  Yes.  I'm 100% positive he didn't script that Whitney Way Thore in any way would be putting any part of her anatomy on his body, which I would include to infer to put her hands on his anus or any body part near it.

I guess when you're a third rate reality tv star, you can do whatever you want.  You can even grab 'em by the asshole.  Even if they are clearly gay and would want no woman in that area.

I've gone Null due to various issues I have about some of the posts on this forum.  Haven't posted in a long time, but with this harveygate going on, I had some part of an epiphany of another reason why Whitney Way Thore is not some amazing person.  She can be as lecherous as Donald Trump, Harvey Weinstien, and Jesus Fucking Christ John Lassiter??!?

I need to spout off somewhere.

@FitnessMarshall #youarenotalone

• Love 6

It's true, she is like a child with her bad impulse control, and she gets away with it because apparently her status as a fat woman makes her not sexually threatening. She should have to answer for her gropings and coercing her friends to massage her, bathe her, "cuddle," etc.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

It's true, she is like a child with her bad impulse control, and she gets away with it because apparently her status as a fat woman makes her not sexually threatening. She should have to answer for her gropings and coercing her friends to massage her, bathe her, "cuddle," etc.

As I've said many times before, I think TLC will be looking at a big harrassment suit before MBFFL ends its run.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, thebigboot said:

Let’s be completely honest, we’re surprised this hasn’t happened yet

I'm fairly certain that it's going to come out that people have been quietly paid off to keep this show afloat. I have a feeling some of the crew over the years were recipients and then were moved to less likely to get groped shows. It may be why we've seen more of the less flattering side of Whitney as the seasons have progressed. The crew is just tired of her harassment covered by being "funny."

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MegD said:

I'm fairly certain that it's going to come out that people have been quietly paid off to keep this show afloat. I have a feeling some of the crew over the years were recipients and then were moved to less likely to get groped shows. 

It is true that if you look thru the crew lists for Pilgrim Media Group, the turnover for MBFFL is pretty significant. I don't know a thing about TV show production but would think that a show's crew would be relatively stable year to year.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I'm thinking that she does Not "get away with it "..seeing that everybody fucking hates her.

• Love 4
On 11/13/2017 at 11:11 AM, Nacho said:

You would think that not being able to sit in a chair to watch a

concert of your music idol would be enough to push yourself away from the table and get off the couch and move...

Nope. I'm pretty sure that that is not even close to motivating her to be healthy. She is 110% committed to Gluttony and Sloth. Also, Narcissists are SHAMELESS. She is awfully proud of the way she turned out! 

I'm so damn Embarrassed for her.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Nancypants said:

I'm thinking that she does Not "get away with it "..seeing that everybody fucking hates her.

It’s hilarious when people who are hated don’t see it, thinking they are loved by all. But they MUST see it because they often build a world of “followers” (Army of Skanks, in Mean Girls terminology) who agree with their every word. 

Whitney is like an an enlarged, sweaty, greasy Regina George. 

• Love 5