Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, The Tex Kitten said:

Her fans are idiots that think Kerryn Fehan and Jiya were real rivals and not actors paid by TLC to say mean lines off the script

Kerryn said stuff she wasn't supposed to say, like about how much Whitney smokes, so I don't think TLC did much to script what she said.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Hey did anyone else notice the IDIOTS who commented about how much weight she had lost, etc, about an EIGHT YEAR OLD VID??? Apparently they don't bother to *read* (or maybe they can't), but just look at the vid....

Also amusing: many are again calling for her to perform on DWTS as tho her mobility of 8-9 years ago is what it is now. (Also her size.)

As if her only "dance" move today wasn't standing in place, wagging her butt & pumping her arms.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Dot said:

Also amusing: many are again calling for her to perform on DWTS as tho her mobility of 8-9 years ago is what it is now. (Also her size.)

As if her only "dance" move today wasn't standing in place, wagging her butt & pumping her arms.

Oh, I really wish DWTS would invite her to compete. I've never seen DWTS, but I'd tune in just to watch her huff and puff and wheeze her way through one round, after which she'd be eliminated... or Babs would suddenly get worse so Shitney  would have to drop out. 

• Love 3

Twit has one of those profile story things on her IG page, saying she's bored, so ask her a Q. I asked, "Where's Donna?" When -- if -- she answers , I'll let you know.

I hope some of the rest of you will ask her your Qs. To get to the page, click on her profile photo in the circle at the top left of her IG page.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Oh, I really wish DWTS would invite her to compete. I've never seen DWTS, but I'd tune in just to watch her huff and puff and wheeze her way through one round, after which she'd be eliminated... or Babs would suddenly get worse so Shitney  would have to drop out. 

The first time fans started talking about DWTS, I looked up some of the requirements. IIRC, the contract $$$ can differ from $100,000 upwards, depending on how much of a "star" you actually are. Then, you are expected to practice 4 hrs/day, rising to 6 if you move forward in the contest. If you do NOT practice as demanded, your pay is docked.

So, no. Twit will never be on DWTS. She'll never be invited & couldn't meet contract stipulations if she were.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Dot said:

The first time fans started talking about DWTS, I looked up some of the requirements. IIRC, the contract $$$ can differ from $100,000 upwards, depending on how much of a "star" you actually are. Then, you are expected to practice 4 hrs/day, rising to 6 if you move forward in the contest. If you do NOT practice as demanded, your pay is docked.

So, no. Twit will never be on DWTS. She'll never be invited & couldn't meet contract stipulations if she were.

She’s probably miss so much practice she’d end up owing them money

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I don't.  Honey Boo Boo is on the Juniors version's first season right now and it's apparently really bad.  Or sad.  Or both.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Has Whitney posted anything about Bab’s health and is Babs supposed to be on the cruise or did it already happen?

Babs is scheduled to be on the Nov. cruise. Twit posts lots of pics of her w her mom, incl. today. Babs seems healthy enuf tho there was that video showing Glenn in the background placing a towel or bib over Babs. I think it was just a drape to keep makeup off her shirt since they were doing MBFFL promo shots. Others here seemed to find the gesture more concerning.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit has one of those profile story things on her IG page, saying she's bored, so ask her a Q. I asked, "Where's Donna?" When -- if -- she answers , I'll let you know.

I hope some of the rest of you will ask her your Qs. To get to the page, click on her profile photo in the circle at the top left of her IG page.

I don't IG or Snapchat or tweet. PTV and FB are the extent of my social media.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Brooks said:

For Twit to do DWTS she needs a partner.  It won't be Todd.  I would hope no one would agree to be her partner.  Too much chance of injury when 400 pounds goes out of control.

I don't think she could dance with someone she couldn't control. Someone who knows better and would tell her. With Todd  he knows better than to try and upstage her, and when he does she is in a position to punish him severely. A professional dancer won't tolerate her excuses or whining and will call her out when she's being lazy.

Edited by The Tex Kitten
  • Love 3

Despite her protests, we all know she loves the ‘you look fabulous.’ ‘You’ve lost so much weight’ comments. I think it’s telling that she doesn’t respond to the ‘you should do DWTS’ comments. She knows they would never ask her. She doesn’t want to admit that and isn’t sure what to say. She’d love to be able to convince people she’s been asked but doesn’t want to but since DWTS is a well know show, she can’t tell that flat out lie. 

• Love 3

And now, a word (and video) from Whitney Way Thore! Did ya'll know that correct form is very important when you are lifting weights?

Whitney does! (Her form has apparently improved all the way from 'begging for a serious injury" to "showing some small signs that she's heard the word "form" but is only intermittently capable of reaching for it.") You go, girl!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Brooks said:

For Twit to do DWTS she needs a partner.  It won't be Todd.  I would hope no one would agree to be her partner.  Too much chance of injury when 400 pounds goes out of control.

I don't watch DWTS, but my understanding is that a pro dancer is ASSIGNED to a contestant by the show's producers. That is, it's not a BYOD (Bring Your Own Dancer) option. Anyone know for sure?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

And now, a word (and video) from Whitney Way Thore! Did ya'll know that correct form is very important when you are lifting weights?

Whitney does! (Her form has apparently improved all the way from 'begging for a serious injury" to "showing some small signs that she's heard the word "form" but is only intermittently capable of reaching for it.") You go, girl!

I just saw that. That is quite the video. So much wrong with it but my favorite part is how she said she decided to step back to a lower weight and work on her form before moving back up to higher weight. For most of us that would mean over the course of days or even weeks working with one weight until the form was perfect every time. Then stepping up the weight a bit and again for days or weeks working until the form was perfect. But Whitney is so amazing she does the lower weight marginally better so she jumps right to the next one and by the end of the sesson she’s jumped multiple weights. How sad is it that the rest of us have to work hard over time to achieve something. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Colleenna said:

ha, I can just picture her after about 30 seconds of dancing sitting on the rehearsal floor

image.png.ffbbc70b64a8e3230b0b2ed047d51cea.png

Then the, it is too hard,, waaahh, I cant...waahhhh

image.png.864a47f62791a53c9da9d27981026aa7.png

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

The only move Twit knows

How dare you diminish Whitney's capabilities! Did you completely forget that she can also stick out her tongue AND rub her boobs at the same time?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Is this a new cat or one she already had?

That's the cat Twit tried to fob off on Babs. You can see Babs holding him in the family cover photo on Twit's FB page.

• Love 1
On 2018-10-13 at 6:45 PM, Colleenna said:

I might do that as a stretch in the privacy of my own home, but not in public. I guess that makes me body-shamed. Quodlibet.

I do that one at home before bed I find it helps my hip pain but I would be way too embarrassed to try it in a yoga class 

45 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

While I obviously think it's fucked up to vandalize Whitney's car, I have to say that the "clapping emojis" are not making me take her any more seriously.

And of course she's got to use the brown ones. She's all about appropriating other cultures: queers, brown people, runners, dancers...

I hate her a lot, but man that cat is gorgeous. He seems really sweet too.

• Love 4

Personally, that looks like a misplaced baseball/softball. I think it’s just as likely some kid was playing, broke the window, and ran to avoid getting in trouble as it was a targeted attack. I don’t think people care about her enough one way or the other to target her. Don’t get me wrong - it sucks and I’d be ticked off. But I’m not convinced she’s being targeted by some kind of fatty hater. 

• Love 6

I would have to agree with it being maybe a baseball ( during world series not unlikely). As much as I detest her, if someone did that on purpose, that is just wrong.  However, my snark side is thinking if the dumb ass didn't turn her garage into her romper room that she may use once a week for 30 seconds of dance her car could have been stowed safely there.

• Love 12
On 10/24/2018 at 8:49 PM, OnceSane said:

I don't.  Honey Boo Boo is on the Juniors version's first season right now and it's apparently really bad.  Or sad.  Or both.

And she is still in the competition when she should have been voted off in the first episode.  She is a  Whitney Way Thor with even less class! (If that is possible).

On 10/25/2018 at 12:24 PM, Dot said:

I don't watch DWTS, but my understanding is that a pro dancer is ASSIGNED to a contestant by the show's producers. That is, it's not a BYOD (Bring Your Own Dancer) option. Anyone know for sure?

That is indeed true.

• Love 2

Twit answered a half-dozen Qs on IG yesterday. She did NOT respond to my Q: "Where's Donna?" Which makes me even more curious about Donna's disappearance this year.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

While I obviously think it's fucked up to vandalize Whitney's car, I have to say that the "clapping emojis" are not making me take her any more seriously.

People come by and leave gifts???

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

She claims this is the case. I would think we would see photos of at least some of them if it was true. 

Right, I would think, photo's of flowers or say pussy memorabilia - something, so either she is a liar face or it is food related items and she eats it all 

• Love 1

After all these post of vandalism and such, you’d think Whitney would invest in a security system/cameras.  She’s not my favorite person, but I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to her.  I remember when I was a kid and actress Rebecca Schaefer got murdered by a deranged fan and how easy it was for him to find her house.  I know Whitney’s not a big star (well famous) but you’d think she and TLC would do a little more to obscure where she actually lives to the general public since according to her posts she allegedly has a good number of people just randomly stopping by.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

After all these post of vandalism and such, you’d think Whitney would invest in a security system/cameras.  She’s not my favorite person, but I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to her.  I remember when I was a kid and actress Rebecca Schaefer got murdered by a deranged fan and how easy it was for him to find her house.  I know Whitney’s not a big star (well famous) but you’d think she and TLC would do a little more to obscure where she actually lives to the general public since according to her posts she allegedly has a good number of people just randomly stopping by.

I think this is another reason to believe there are other explanations to these incidents. TLC isn’t stupid. They know it’s more likely for a nut job to go after a lesser known/less famous person than a Brad Pitt type. They are just easier to gain access to and obsessive types don’t have a requirement of an A lister. Rebecca Schaefer was in a TV show but she was a newcomer and not super famous at the time. So she was easy to find and easy to access. 

There has been no sign that the police have been called for any of these incidents. If they believe someone targeted her directly by defacing the van or smashing the car window then you would think they would call the police and TLC would encourage security cameras etc. But the only thing that happened is an Instagram post. 

While I think it’s likely she defaced her own van, she probably didn’t smash her car window. As I said above, it was probably an accident and they probably suspect that as well or they would have called the cops. Think about it. If someone is angry and takes a baseball bat or other item like that to a car window - it breaks all the way through. It’s not that hard to break a car window. Shattered but not broken is more an accident hit from something misdirected where the force of the object has started to wane. 

I hope no one is vandalizing her because of who she is.  That is so wrong, but I agree - she isn’t acting like someone who is being targeted  

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

but you’d think she and TLC would do a little more to obscure where she actually lives to the general public since according to her posts she allegedly has a good number of people just randomly stopping by.

Not TLC's job. if anyone is gonna obscure the front of her house, it would be PMG, the MBFFL producers.

But even they can't do anything to stop someone from checking county property records to get her address. It's really easy in NC; the records are on-line.

Before she started using her own home as a film set, she could have taken some precautions, e.g., not allowing her actual house to be filmed. And setting up a trust & buying the house in the trusts's name. But that ship has sailed. All she can do now is move.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think this is another reason to believe there are other explanations to these incidents. TLC isn’t stupid. They know it’s more likely for a nut job to go after a lesser known/less famous person than a Brad Pitt type. They are just easier to gain access to and obsessive types don’t have a requirement of an A lister. Rebecca Schaefer was in a TV show but she was a newcomer and not super famous at the time. So she was easy to find and easy to access. 

There has been no sign that the police have been called for any of these incidents. If they believe someone targeted her directly by defacing the van or smashing the car window then you would think they would call the police and TLC would encourage security cameras etc. But the only thing that happened is an Instagram post. 

While I think it’s likely she defaced her own van, she probably didn’t smash her car window. As I said above, it was probably an accident and they probably suspect that as well or they would have called the cops. Think about it. If someone is angry and takes a baseball bat or other item like that to a car window - it breaks all the way through. It’s not that hard to break a car window. Shattered but not broken is more an accident hit from something misdirected where the force of the object has started to wane. 

I hope no one is vandalizing her because of who she is.  That is so wrong, but I agree - she isn’t acting like someone who is being targeted  

I was about 5 when Rebecca Schaeffer died, it just made me really scared when I saw it on tv.  It’s weird because I was so young but it still sticks out in my mind.  I do think you’re right about the window being an accident....the trailer who knows if that was real, but it just made me think with all the nutty people in the world I know I’d have cameras.  I have cameras and I’m only famous in my own mind (insert Whitney joke).  Thanks for the info @Dot I guess I use TLC interchangeably with those other entities because outside of Whitney’s shenanigans I don’t know much behind the scenes stuff.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I was about 5 when Rebecca Schaeffer died, it just made me really scared when I saw it on tv.  It’s weird because I was so young but it still sticks out in my mind.  I do think you’re right about the window being an accident....the trailer who knows if that was real, but it just made me think with all the nutty people in the world I know I’d have cameras.  I have cameras and I’m only famous in my own mind (insert Whitney joke).  Thanks for the info @Dot I guess I use TLC interchangeably with those other entities because outside of Whitney’s shenanigans I don’t know much behind the scenes stuff.

Rebecca Schaefer was a horrible tragedy. So very sad. I remember it as well although I’m a lot older than you :-). 

I agree about TLC - I just use that term as a catch all for those involved in the show. I don’t think they would install the cameras themselves but I think they would be leaning on her to get some security or at least have her call the police. Weren’t they filming when the Dancing bus was messed up? If so, it seems even more likely that someone in charge would have requested action be taken especially if they were paying for the vandalized bus. Even if Whitney rented the bus you  would expect a police report - unless you are concerned they will figure out who really did it. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree about TLC - I just use that term as a catch all for those involved in the show. I don’t think they would install the cameras themselves but I think they would be leaning on her to get some security or at least have her call the police.

Weren’t they filming when the Dancing bus was messed up?

TLC has absolutely nothing to do with the filming of MBFFL. A production company in LA named Pilgrim Media Group (PMG) negotiates a contract with TLC & then films Twit & her gang. The scrjptwriters are employed by PMG. The film crew is employed by PMG. The editors are employed by PMG. PMG is responsible for choosing the filming sites, incl. Twit's house & the parents' house. If ppl are stalking MBFFL actors in their homes, it is PMG's fault not TLC's. And if Twit doesn't have a security system at her home, that is her fault, not TLC's (or PMG's).

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Brooks said:

If Whitney didn't want anyone to know where she lives she shouldn't have bought a house.  Or not in a name we would recognize.  

Guys just wanted to chime in bc being Whitney's exact age, I feel like there were several such high-profile stalking incidents during our formative years (ie Rebecca Shaffer, Nancy Kerrigan, Monica Seles)that it would definitely stay in our brains as an adult and affect how we responded to things like what Whitney says are constant intrusions/incidents of vandalism at her home bc we know people should be taken seriously. I had an ex threaten to kill me and indirectly threaten my child thru his friends. My response was to start dating a SEAL lol, have him analyze my home safety, and #cameras. The fact that Whitney has actually, according to her, experienced something a step up from this, ie vandalism incidents, and clearly still has no cameras bc they would have caught the car vandal, is odd to me. *Very* odd

• Love 5

We are all allowing Twit's so-called celebrity to cloud our minds. Shit happens. It happens to everyone. If you park your car in a driveway or on the street, you may be a victim of vandalism.

I've had more than one car vandalized. The worst example was the time the thugs removed the car's rear tire, rim & all, leaving the axle resting on the pavement.

Homes I've lived in have been broken into.

Yet I am not a celebrity. Again, shit happens to all of us. Maybe someone in Greensboro who dislikes Twit -- I'm sure they are legion --  bounced a baseball off her car window b/c it belonged to her. And maybe it was just a random asshole who was looking for a vulnerable car.

ETA: @Ketzel's post (below) reminds me that I should have said that I was specifically referring to the broken window. I do not believe, not for one second, that the graffiti on the van was an act of vandalism. It was obviously PMG-inspired.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 11

When the tour van was graffiti'd, she said the police didn't come because it wasn't a big enough crime, or whatever, and she had to wait for a call-back that she never said anything more about. Now she makes it sound as if the police are coming over on a weekly basis in response to crimes against her property and threats to herself. I find it hard to believe she's been keeping her mouth shut about that if it were really happening. 

I have some questions about this event: how does she know it was aimed at her, rather than some random act of stupidity by say, a group of kids, or an attempt to break into a vulnerable vehicle by a thief? Were other cars in the neighborhood vandalized the same day/night? Has she been threatened with having her car damaged? Does she or anyone really think her car window was smashed by a man who was rejected by an obese woman, and who decided to take out his rage and disappointment on an obese "celebrity?" Or, alternatively, that the window was smashed by an enraged slender woman who was dumped for an obese woman and blames all big women as a result? (Yes, those scenarios have been suggested, on instagram, but I half wondered if it was not one of us being snarky. It also made me wonder if this happens to Chrissy Metz, who would certainly come to mind as a famous big woman long before anyone thinks of Whitney.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Dot said:

We are all allowing Twit's so-called celebrity to cloud our minds. Shit happens. It happens to everyone. If you park your car in a driveway or on the street, you may be a victim of vandalism.

I've had more than one car vandalized. The worst example was the time the thugs removed the car's rear tire, rim & all, leaving the axle resting on the pavement.

Homes I've lived in have been broken into.

Yet I am not a celebrity. Again, shit happens to all of us. Maybe someone in Greensboro who dislikes Twit -- I'm sure they are legion --  bounced a baseball off her car window b/c it belonged to her. And maybe it was just a random asshole who was looking for a vulnerable car.

Right. That was the point I was trying to make. If anyone on site - like the camera man or the producer or anyone - thought these incidents were truly targeting her rather than random acts (I still think she defaced her own bus) they would encourage her to call the cops or get security. It isn’t their job to provide cameras etc but they would recommend it. Because there has been no police involvement and she hasn’t made any kind of attempt to add cameras etc it says to me that they know this is just shit that happens. As you said - it sucks but it happens. She just wants the Internet narrative to say she’s being targeted. If she really believes that, she’d do something about it. 

Now because she reads here there will soon be an Instagram post either showing cameras being installed or an explanation as to why they won’t but that won’t make me believe she’s being personally targeted. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

When the tour van was graffiti'd, she said the police didn't come because it wasn't a big enough crime, or whatever, and she had to wait for a call-back that she never said anything more about. Now she makes it sound as if the police are coming over on a weekly basis in response to crimes against her property and threats to herself. I find it hard to believe she's been keeping her mouth shut about that if it were really happening. I 

This makes no sense at all. We are supposed to believe the police wouldn’t be bothered to come over when the bus was vandalized but now they come over all the time for incidents she doesn’t even tell us about? But she chooses to share the car window incident but there is no mention of the police. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

This makes no sense at all. We are supposed to believe the police wouldn’t be bothered to come over when the bus was vandalized but now they come over all the time for incidents she doesn’t even tell us about? But she chooses to share the car window incident but there is no mention of the police. 

To quote Judge Judy:  "You know how you can tell if she's lying?  Her lips are moving."

• Love 3