Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Ashley Graham is not worried.

ashley.jpg

Nope not one bit! And she would be a plus sized model i would actually look up to as a role model. Just saw her on lip sync battle and she was hilarious. 

• Love 4

Yeah, Ashley Graham actually has bone structure and, sorry to say it, a figure. That Natalie chick is too round in the face (and body) to take good pictures and have good angles/shapes for photography. The main criteria for a model is to be photogenic (not necessarily cute or pretty), and she just isn't.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

She's way past any modeling agency's definition of plus size;

I have a problem with some of the definitions though. One of the wedding shows for "curvy" (read "fat") brides, starts at size 8.
That's ridiculous

• Love 5

The more I think about this the more amazed I am. She engaged in a massive invasion of his privacy by posting his private text messages and his crotch on the internet because he committed a fat hate crime of sighing and readjusting himself?

In what crazy world was this any of her damn business?

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, John M said:

The more I think about this the more amazed I am. She engaged in a massive invasion of his privacy by posting his private text messages and his crotch on the internet because he committed a fat hate crime of sighing and readjusting himself?

In what crazy world was this any of her damn business?

I wondering if they will find (and torture) this guy.  He will have to go into hiding. What do you want to bet he will lose his job.  Crazy world is right

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I have a problem with some of the definitions though. One of the wedding shows for "curvy" (read "fat") brides, starts at size 8.
That's ridiculous

Agreed, especially when 1) bridal sizes are all fucked up; a size 8 in regular clothes would need a size 12 or 14 wedding gown, so a bridal size 8 is probably a 2-4; and 2) the average fashion model is 5'10", and a size 8 at that height is basically perfect (certainly thin by almost any standard).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

She takes selfies wearing clothes from various department stores and online sites and shills the clothing on her instagram account. It's not clear if or how she's paid for doing this, but it's some form of modeling.  She's way past any modeling agency's definition of plus size; I guess "morbidly obese model" just doesn't  have the same cachet.

natalie not on plane.jpg

Natalie's wearing the same swimsuit that Twit wears in that mirror-image photo of herself on her FB page. I suppose she also calls it a bikini. I wonder why they both think this particular suit is attractive. Or is it the only 2-piece that comes in their size? Nat appears to be about Twit's size without the incipient lipidema yet.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Dot said:

Natalie's wearing the same swimsuit that Twit wears in that mirror-image photo of herself on her FB page. I suppose she also calls it a bikini. I wonder why they both think this particular suit is attractive. Or is it the only 2-piece that comes in their size? Nat appears to be about Twit's size without the incipient lipidema yet.

It looks like she's  wearing a diaper

• Love 7

Oh HELL no we don't need super obese "models"! People forget that models are just that--bodies and faces to sell products like clothing. I am not overweight or unattractive, but I am "old", short and busty. Even when I was young I couldn't be a model because I never had that perfect storm of features--tall, thin, perfectly groomed and a flatter chest! I didn't cry about it!

Models, even when blessed by nature and DNA, need to be very LUCKY in the modeling industry. Even then, many professional models have been swept to the side to allow celebrities (even not-as-tall-and/or-attractive) to get the prime assignments they would have had like magazine covers or designer ads.

My Point: I love Ashley Graham, but Twit and Natalie--I just can't...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RubyRena17 said:

I am not overweight or unattractive, but I am "old", short and busty.

I'm actually thinking of taking up modeling for the shows featuring crepey skin which are on all night.  I have an attribute they need.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Okay, I am the LAST person to defend people who are beyond defense . . . but this isn't actually an American flag - it's a beach towel or blanket.  Same colors, patriotic theme, but not something to be run up a flagpole and saluted.

44 minutes ago, auntjess said:

To me, it's an American flag, just one made of terrycloth. 
Use stars and red,white, and blue, but I just don't like napkins and towels that look like the flag itself.

ITA. What I found mainly interested about this photo was the hypocrisy of someone, like Twit, who howls about fat-shaming to the rooftops & constantly, yet has no problem about shameful treatment of our flag. I'm a raging liberal, but I still don't like to see our fundamental symbol desecrated.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/2/2017 at 1:50 PM, okerry said:

@Snarklepuss, I see what you're saying, but IMHO we're just dealing with plain old addiction here when it comes to both Karen Carpenter (may she rest in peace) and Twitney. I've long thought that anorexia is a form of addiction, too - a physical addiction to the somewhat euphoric brain chemicals released when the body approaches starvation, the same way endorphins are released when someone deliberately cuts or otherwise injures themselves. And we know Twit is a food addict, so I think these two were/are just garden-variety addicts, sad as that is.

Well, there are psychological reasons people become addicted and my post was pretty much to give my opinion on what some of those reasons might be in Whitney's case.  Addiction can be at least in part a symptom of an underlying psychological issue, which a person can "resolve" by making it "go away" in their minds through their use of the drug, and that was what I was discussing.  Having watched a couple of psychologists on those documentaries discuss Karen Carpenter's underlying issues, I thought I saw some parallels with Whitney's. 

It's all about control and self image.  Whitney and Karen are/were both always reacting to everyone.  In reality Whitney is very motivated by what people think of her in spite of what she may think.  It matters way too much to her. She's always reacting to what she thinks people require of her in order to find her "acceptable".  She has learned that people want her to lose weight, so instead of thinking that perhaps they may have her best interests at heart, she sees it as an attempt to control her and tell her she's not good enough "just the way she is".  This is probably because it feeds into a complex she already has about her family controlling her and giving her the message that she's not good enough as-is.  So she rebels against them, and sabotages her health in the process, but she really doesn't care about her health, just not giving into what she sees as other people trying to control her.  She sees dieting and focusing on her physical health through losing weight as giving into a power struggle where other people "win" and she "loses" because she lets them tell her what to do and how to be.  Engaging in the addiction is a way for her to feel like she is in control of herself in the face of (and in spite of) what she interprets to be opposition from people that want to take that control away from her.  It's more important to keep that sense of control over her life than to do what's best for her health.  Deep down people like Whitney and Karen know what's best for them but they can't help their compulsion to act out through the addiction to keep that sense of control.  To do what other people have told them is best for them is to give up any control they feel they have over themselves.  It was the same with Karen Carpenter, according to a couple of psychologists that studied her situation.

Edited by Snarklepuss
12 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Well, there are psychological reasons people become addicted and my post was pretty much to give my opinion on what some of those reasons might be in Whitney's case.  Addiction can be at least in part a symptom of an underlying psychological issue, which a person can "resolve" by making it "go away" in their minds through their use of the drug, and that was what I was discussing.  Having watched a couple of psychologists on those documentaries discuss Karen Carpenter's underlying issues, I thought I saw some parallels with Whitney's. 

It's all about control and self image.  Whitney and Karen are/were both always reacting to everyone.  In reality Whitney is very motivated by what people think of her in spite of what she may think.  It matters way too much to her. She's always reacting to what she thinks people require of her in order to find her "acceptable".  She has learned that people want her to lose weight, so instead of thinking that perhaps they may have her best interests at heart, she sees it as an attempt to control her and tell her she's not good enough "just the way she is".  This is probably because it feeds into a complex she already has about her family controlling her and giving her the message that she's not good enough as-is.  So she rebels against them, and sabotages her health in the process, but she really doesn't care about her health, just not giving into what she sees as other people trying to control her.  She sees dieting and focusing on her physical health through losing weight as giving into a power struggle where other people "win" and she "loses" because she lets them tell her what to do and how to be.  Engaging in the addiction is a way for her to feel like she is in control of herself in the face of (and in spite of) what she interprets to be opposition from people that want to take that control away from her.  It's more important to keep that sense of control over her life than to do what's best for her health.  Deep down people like Whitney and Karen know what's best for them but they can't help their compulsion to act out through the addiction to keep that sense of control.  To do what other people have told them is best for them is to give up any control they feel they have over themselves.  It was the same with Karen Carpenter, according to a couple of psychologists that studied her situation.

The armchair diagnosis of histrionic personality disorder works for me. I think it says all that needs to be said about What.The.Fuck.Is.Wrong.With.Her.

On 7/3/2017 at 2:16 PM, Dot said:

This swimsuit is sold at Torrid, the store that's a younger version of Lane Bryant. 

4 hours ago, Dot said:

The armchair diagnosis of histrionic personality disorder works for me. I think it says all that needs to be said about What.The.Fuck.Is.Wrong.With.Her.

Of course, that could be true too.  With her there are multiple levels going on at the same time, for sure.

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

This swimsuit is sold at Torrid, the store that's a younger version of Lane Bryant. 

Given your info, I went to the Torrid website. Indeed, they call all their two-piece swimsuits "bikinis." What a joke!

(edited)

Twit posted this pic and the comments on both facebook instagram are oh girl you've lost weight. Well we all know she has come out and said she has no intention to lose weight so it is highly doubtful she has. Its more likely just the angle of how she is standing.   

IMG_6021.JPG

Edited by AmyB
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

Twit posted this pic and the comments on both facebook instagram are oh girl you've lost weight. Well we all know she has come out and said she has no intention to lose weight so it is highly doubtful she has. Its more likely just the angle of how she is standing.   

IMG_6021.JPG

Or it's a photo from July 4, 2013.

• Love 6

Her fans are so stupid with the "you've lost weight! OMG!" with every pic Whitney ever posts. 90% of the time she doesn't look any smaller, and when she does look smaller, these fangirls somehow think that is because Whitney has magically lost 100 lb in a week.

• Love 3
(edited)

Considering that she looked like this in the picture with Babs in late January, 2017 (taken at the premier party for Season 4), 595d4c3f4f173_twinningwithbabs.thumb.jpg.a7389d7f246939522fa6a9e274241633.jpg 

how could anyone believe she's lost hundreds of pounds in six months? And even more baffling, why is she posting a picture that deliberately incites the Nit Whits to comment happily on how much weight she's lost, just a few days after posting a righteous commentary about how she is not interested in losing weight at all?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

And even more baffling, why is she posting a picture that deliberately incites the Nit Whits to comment happily on how much weight she's lost, just a few days after posting a righteous commentary about how she is not interested in losing weight at all?

EXACTLY! And she bitches out a magazine for mentioning her and weight loss in the same damn sentence, but she lets her idiot followers go on and on about how thin she is getting?! Her "message," such as it is, is about as incoherent as [insert whatever political commentator of whatever affiliation you want here]

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

And even more baffling, why is she posting a picture that deliberately incites the Nit Whits to comment happily on how much weight she's lost, just a few days after posting a righteous commentary about how she is not interested in losing weight at all?

Because she wants to mislead her fans and make them think her "lifestyle" is so fabulous and they don't have to do anything to lose weight.  It will just come off all on its own if they live like her.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Because she wants to mislead her fans and make them think her "lifestyle" is so fabulous and they don't have to do anything to lose weight.  It will just come off all on its own if they live like her.

Speaking of, I know we all kind of "knew about" Whitney's smoking, but has there been any evidence on social media lately of it? Because I am 100% sure her fans have no clue that she smokes, and Whitney keeps it from them on purpose.

• Love 2

Last I remember any mention of Whit's smoking, was when Kerryn Feehan The Fat-Shaming (or Truth Telling) Comedian said something about it during her AMA on reddit. She later pulled the response and apologized, saying she was contractually restricted from talking about anything behind-the-scenes at the show.  I wonder if Whitney's TH about getting hooked in Korea where "everybody" smokes, quitting for a while and then taking it up again because Lennie smoked has been purged from the on line episodes . . .as well as that scene where Will talks about her coming late to work outs because she was hanging out in the parking lot smoking.

• Love 3
(edited)

@Ketzel's post of the Jan. 2017 photo with Babs makes me believe even more that the Stars & Bars photo is from several years ago. Note there is no trace of blonde in her hair in that photo.

Regarding the smoking: it has always annoyed me that that is forbidden to be acknowledged, to the extent that Twit tried to get a production assistant fired, not to mention her eating in the past two seasons is obviously not allowed. How can you call MBBFL a "reality" show if such small things are not allowed to be filmed? We know she smokes & eats & buys huge Starbucks cookies several times a day. But we are shown her running a dance class which isn't a regular thing, merely something that only occurs when the show is being filmed.

BTW, it's starting to get pretty late in the calendar year if there's to be time to film a Season 5. I suppose there's time between Sept - Nov, but I dunno. How much more fabulousity can there be in a small town like Greensboro to show Twit involved in? Are they going to start sending her off to other cities, like the  NYC tour? Nah, too expensive. I suppose they could send her off with Mr. Fit & let him film her puffing & wheezing on his little video camera. Otherwise, I don't see a TLC future for her. In some ways, I think she might have blown her TLC opportunity with all her merchandising & NoBS BS. I can't think TPTB would be very happy with all that since none of it adds to the channel's bottom line. Plus her viewership is stuck around 800,000. I looked at the stats for some of TLC's other shows; most were at a million viewers & sometimes well over that.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Dot said:

the Stars & Bars photo is from several years ago

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP
I copied the image into a google image search and it says

Image size:
650 × 650

No other sizes of this image found.

Best guess for this image: buitenkussens

which seems to be Dutch for outdoor cushions.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP

So... where do I send the bill for a new keyboard? Laughed so hard I spewed soda out my nose.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP

This reminds me of the time I searched for "Werk with Whitney" on Amazon and the only thing that came up was cutlery sets.

• Love 1

So much to say...so afraid of saying it now. So here are some thoughts. 

Whitney, I don't actually get on your social media pages anymore. I used to, but after getting on Kerryn's and simply saying, "Hang in there", your fans attacked me to the point that it hurt my career. So what I am going to say is in respect to your television persona...

Girlfriend, your producers don't like you. In fact, they might hate you. You and your friends/family may be lovely people but, let's be honest here, you're not getting a good edit. They are finding every weakness, every fault, every nonredeemable quality you have and amplifying it. And they're doing it for our amusement. And, believe me, we're laughing. While it's true that they can't air it if you don't say or do it, at this point it seems to me like they're making SURE you're saying and doing it. And for what? For ratings. 

I know the money is good. The celebrity is good. You're living a kind of charmed life at the moment. But it's a life and image that you have no control over. Get off the show and get back on You Tube. Build an empire. Hundreds of You Tubers are doing it. I should know–my kids are huge fans of every one of them. We just paid $35 to see a guy from England named DanTDM and all HE does is play video games and narrate them while he goes. Build your own little empire straight from the computer. You get to control what people see about you AND your message. This TV thing? It's a mockery. 

I was rooting for you in the beginning. I actually LIKED you. But you're becoming a bully. By allowing your fans to attack people with different ideas than you, you're becoming the very person that your "No Body Shame" speaks out against. I occasionally get people over on my page who start attacking other commenters. You know what I do? I delete that shit. I don't encourage it. You don't have to, either. 

• Love 18
57 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I was rooting for you in the beginning. I actually LIKED you. But you're becoming a bully. By allowing your fans to attack people with different ideas than you, you're becoming the very person that your "No Body Shame" speaks out against.

Whitney has proven over and over again that she is an incredibly insecure bully, this is all a confidence scam.

She deserves all of this, this is her conscious life choice and it's out of greed. No Body Shame as far as I can tell is just a profit making enterprise, it's not a charity. Let her dig her own grave, let her dig it nice and deep so we never have to see her again when her life inevitably falls apart.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, John M said:

Whitney has proven over and over again that she is an incredibly insecure bully, this is all a confidence scam.

She deserves all of this, this is her conscious life choice and it's out of greed. No Body Shame as far as I can tell is just a profit making enterprise, it's not a charity. Let her dig her own grave, let her dig it nice and deep so we never have to see her again when her life inevitably falls apart.

I don't disagree. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

Question about Twit.

Is she still working at the baseball park? I think last season took place in spring but not working there.

Does she ever mention it on her Facebook?

That was a very brief story arc in Season 2, barely a blip on the screen because: Twit refused to wear the uniform, knew little about baseball & was physically unable to do the work. Further, it was the beginning of her NoBS BS & she tried to get her logo on the backs of the baseball players -- with no offer of paying a sponsor's fee, of course. You could practically hear the sigh of relief from both the Grasshoppers & the MBFFL producers when the story arc ground to a halt. And, no, this moment of fabulousity is never mentioned on FB or elsewhere. Nor are the Grasshoppers.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dot said:

That was a very brief story arc in Season 2, barely a blip on the screen because: Twit refused to wear the uniform, knew little about baseball & was physically unable to do the work. Further, it was the beginning of her NoBS BS & she tried to get her logo on the backs of the baseball players -- with no offer of paying a sponsor's fee, of course. You could practically hear the sigh of relief from both the Grasshoppers & the MBFFL producers when the story arc ground to a halt. And, no, this moment of fabulousity is never mentioned on FB or elsewhere. Nor are the Grasshoppers.

The leggings were hideous.  Every lump and bump showed in the tan ones. 

So she has no job. No radio gig ( even though it was intern she could have applied when there was the job opening. Too lazy to get up early everyday) or baseball park ( too much physical work).

you realize that if she was in better shape she would have had the stamina and maybe ambition, to do these jobs.

As fair as I'm concern her weight is holding her back along with her attitude. 

Oh how could I forget her dance career.?

• Love 5

She deserves all of this, this is her conscious life choice and it's out of greed.

Yes, greed, and laziness and thinking that feeding those needs make up for the absolute loss of dignity.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

The leggings were hideous.  Every lump and bump showed in the tan ones. 

She could have ordered a pair of tan shorts from any of several of the extra-huge catalog stores; she refused to do so, claiming chub rub. That's a patent lie; she's not going to have that problem in shorts or, in winter, pants in a suitable size for her. I guess she thinks she's a cool, with-it fox in the leggings even tho being squeezed into those sausage casings must be miserable in muggy NC summers. (I watched an episode of "I Am Jazz" & her biggie for losing her penis was the ability to wear leggings.) What has become apparent about Twit in those pitches for her cruise where she's in a 2-piece is that she is beginning to develop lipidema in at least one of her legs, hence the lumps & bumps in her leggings. I guess she thinks no one notices the lumps if they are squeezed into leggings rather than exposed in shorts.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Get off the show and get back on You Tube. Build an empire. Hundreds of You Tubers are doing it.

I can't really see Twit wanting to do that until TLC dumps her. Everyone who's on YouTube, including Twit 4 years ago, is there becuz they want to be on TV. She's one of the few who made it, why go backward? And I think she's far too lazy, post-TLC, to do the work necessary to "build an empire" using YouTube as her base of operation. I see her continuing to play Body Positivity Advocate in Chief & selling her shit thru these bookings she gets -- god knows why -- to speak at organizations & colleges.

• Love 1