Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: God Complex

MostlyC

Jasper is either the ultimate millennial or the ultimate 60s flower child.  Someone needs to hug him or smack him, preferably both.

And who would have guessed that I'd grow to really feel for Murphy?

• Love 2

Why did it take Clarke so long to volunteer? I mean, I get no one wants to risk dying, but if the other option is death anyway and someone could volunteer to be the guinea pig vs murdering yet another person why did it take so long? I kept expecting Clarke to do it earlier... but I suppose if she did offer Abby would have freaked out before it could happen and then we wouldn't get to the destruction of the chamber thing...

And even if it did work, how were they going to turn everyone into a nightblood in ten days? that's an awful lot of bone marrow. This whole storyline with the lab was quite ugh for me.

I'm am glad the bunker thing paid off from the earlier episodes and wasn't just a waste of time. I wonder if the bunker people ended up forming parts of the clans then? Not just people who were able to withstand the radiation.

• Love 4

The writers should pander more to that part of the audience that wanted the show to be cancelled for a year and was sending hate to all the POC actors for the same year.

So, lets Clarke to become the next Commander, so she will be with her True Love (tm), and also even more of white savior trope she already is.

I think I'm out.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CooperTV said:

The writers should pander more to that part of the audience that wanted the show to be cancelled for a year and was sending hate to all the POC actors for the same year.

So, lets Clarke to become the next Commander, so she will be with her True Love (tm), and also even more of white savior trope she already is.

I think I'm out.

By definition, 'that' part of the audience is no longer your audience. They're gone. It wouldn't make much business sense to pander to a non-existent part of your audience. If they did go the commander route, it'd be because they had planned it all along. I doubt they'll do it though, because it was already guessed at and talked down, so it'd be pretty predictable. However, this whole season has been pretty predictable, so maybe it will happen.

I can't believe that was episode 8. Eight episodes to find another bunker. In a season with 13 episodes (instead of the previous two seasons' 16 episodes), it seems like a lot of spinning wheels in such a short season.

Edited by Solace247
Shirt is not short.
  • Love 1

I feel like the show has lost something, or maybe it's the tribal stuff that is waning on me. I want it to go back to two opposing clans like the Skycrew vs the Grounders. Or maybe another clan to make the skycrew into slaves for a season, so we can see the internal workings of another tribe on the ground. It would link into the survival theme of the show, too. But I digress.

Most recent ep was boring for me because it felt like a filler episode. I knew Clarke was going to offer herself up; shelter would be found (Couldn't help but think about 'LOST' the whole time with that). But thought Luna would somehow escape having previously mentioned how she knew Clarke's people would forcibly extract her bone marrow if she didn't cooperate.

Murphy swearing vengeance on Clarke was good. Don't think he really got his full revenge for being exiled back in season one. So, even though Emori wasn't sacrificed, he may still take umbrage with his people and begin a slow break away (again) but with deadly consequences this time.

14 hours ago, absnow54 said:

The whole hunt for the bunker sequence was very surreal to me, because, like, Desmund was already right there.

Yup, that hatch was looking mighty familiar! It had Dharma branding and everything! Maybe there's chocolate down there, too.

I like the idea that some (all?) of the Grounders are descended from Hatch People. 

Sacrificing folks to test the nightblood was pretty gruesome. I like Emori, so I'm glad she's sticking around for now. 

Yikes that was boring. 

All the scenes in Becca's labs were just so slow, everyone was just standing around waiting for things to get interesting. I did appreciate the Mount Weather digs though, those were overdue. I'm also glad Emori survived so that was good too I guess.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Sorry, where did Jaha get the key? I missed that.

1 month wait, wtf.

The medallion thingy said "from the ashes we rise" so Monty thought to put it in a fire... it like burned away the level 11 medallion and left a number 12 and symbol that was the key.

Richard Harmon was great when Murphy confronted Clarke over what she was getting ready to do.  I am so glad they made him a regular, because he has been one of the standouts of the show, in my opinion.

Besides that, nothing too surprising here.  The experiment failed and they figured out that Emori lied to him, so they didn't actually kill a "bad guy."  So, they tie both her and Murphy up, and are planning on using her as the next guinea pig, since they are now pretty sure they know where the fuck up was (they swear!)  But after Murphy's remarks, Clarke instead injects herself and is prepared to be tested.  Only for Abby to smash the chamber and fuck all of that up.  Nice going, Abby.  But if they really do need to test it, can't Clarke just go out into the Black Rain?

Raven didn't do much in this episode, but her Mt. Weather remark certainly left a mark on Clarke, I imagine.

Jaha, Kane, and Monty finally make some headway with the mysterious vault.  Indra mowing down those guys is so going to cause conflicts down the road, right?

Oh, great: Bellamy is now paired with Jasper.  Any time they showed Bellamy worry over Jasper, I was just like "Is it really worth all that headache, Bellamy?"  But, anyway, he's now warming up him, thanks to some random hot girl (classic Bellamy!), and might be joining is "Fuck everything and party!" mindset, which apparently also includes Harper and Niylah as well.

13 hours ago, roctavia said:

The medallion thingy said "from the ashes we rise" so Monty thought to put it in a fire... it like burned away the level 11 medallion and left a number 12 and symbol that was the key.

Yup I know, but where did they get the medallion?

20 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Richard Harmon was great when Murphy confronted Clarke over what she was getting ready to do.  I am so glad they made him a regular, because he has been one of the standouts of the show, in my opinion.

Oh, great: Bellamy is now paired with Jasper.  Any time they showed Bellamy worry over Jasper, I was just like "Is it really worth all that headache, Bellamy?"  But, anyway, he's now warming up him, thanks to some random hot girl (classic Bellamy!), and might be joining is "Fuck everything and party!" mindset, which apparently also includes Harper and Niylah as well.

Wow, not many comments on this show anymore.  I guess I'm not surprised.  I used to watch it live and now I'm lucky if I remember it is on my DVR.

I really liked the Murphy character, but he's even becoming boring to me.  I miss his snark and edginess.  His being in love isn't working for me.

Huh, Jasper risked Bellamy's life to get high?  I was hoping it would rain on Jasper so I didn't have to listen to him anymore.  

Now that Clarke is a nightblood, can she insert the flame in her neck?  Good luck getting ABD back to film any scenes.  Of course, she doesn't have to worry about Luna putting up a stink about the flame.

I don't think I can watch this show anymore.  Each episode leaves me seething mad... There is always someone doing something incredibly stupid.  I'm so so tired of this.  

• Love 1
On 3/31/2017 at 2:17 AM, thuganomics85 said:

But, anyway, he's now warming up him, thanks to some random hot girl (classic Bellamy!)

Who looks like Clarke, I noticed.  I am not sure he would have gone with her otherwise.  

I keep expecting some big other big bunker reveal, like cryogenic tanks or something, because John Pyper-Ferguson played the cult leader and it seems off to me if they got him  for one 20-second scene (not that he's some uber famous person, but it seems wasteful).

Oh, Abby.  I have a feeling she could be a goner.  They want us to think Raven is in more danger, but I fear that could be a misdirect (not that I want Raven to get worse/die - love her).  

On 3/30/2017 at 9:46 PM, Kimmel77 said:

I knew Clarke was going to offer herself up; shelter would be found (Couldn't help but think about 'LOST' the whole time with that). But thought Luna would somehow escape having previously mentioned how she knew Clarke's people would forcibly extract her bone marrow if she didn't cooperate.

Yes. In fact, that "twist" was so blindingly obvious from miles away that I figured (hoped?) it would come sooner — something along the lines of Clarke volunteering, and Luna willingly giving up her marrow as a result, because it wasn't going to be forced on anyone. I suppose maybe that's all a little too kumbaya, but still. Saving something so predictable for your final act is inevitably going to be disappointing.

As for how they're going to convert everyone, I'm wondering if it's going to turn out that once nightblooded, the new nightbloods' bone marrow will also work, so it can be a bit of a pay-it-forward situation, rather than having to basically take all of Luna's. I'm not a doctor or geneticist or whatever, so I don't actually know if a change like that (whatever that change even actually is) would ever go all the way to bone marrow, but even if it would, I rather suspect that it would take longer than what they have. I think we'd better all warm up our hand-waving hands.

And finally: shut up, Jasper.

• Love 1

The social contract we have here at PTV is:  Be Civil.

Imagine that you are at a cocktail party:  Someone's says something that you vehemently disagree with.  You don't throw your drink in that person's face.  You smile and excuse yourself.  Or you say, "let's agree to disagree" and move on.

This is an episode thread.  Discuss the episode there. Do not discuss fandom.  If you have a problem with someone's post, there's a shiny report button that we encourage you to use.

Posts have been hidden.  Remain respectful and all will be well. 

• Love 1
On 30/03/2017 at 3:00 PM, roctavia said:

Why did it take Clarke so long to volunteer? I mean, I get no one wants to risk dying, but if the other option is death anyway and someone could volunteer to be the guinea pig vs murdering yet another person why did it take so long?

On 20/04/2017 at 2:40 AM, kingshearte said:

Yes. In fact, that "twist" was so blindingly obvious from miles away that I figured (hoped?) it would come sooner — something along the lines of Clarke volunteering, and Luna willingly giving up her marrow as a result, because it wasn't going to be forced on anyone. I suppose maybe that's all a little too kumbaya, but still. Saving something so predictable for your final act is inevitably going to be disappointing.

Ah, but then you wouldn't get the point of this season. Because of circumstance, Clarke is becoming all her previous enemies, all of whom also HAD NO CHOICE. First she was Jaha- schooled with little subtlety by the actual Jaha just in case we missed the parallel - then she was Mount Weather conducting medical experiments on Grounders to help her people survive radiation. Next she will be ALIE, forcing people to take the Nightblood to save themselves even if they don't want it. See how quickly we become the thing we despise when survival is on the line? Do you see? It's super subtle.

• Love 2

Clearly I'm not rushing through to finish these final six episodes. Well, final five after this one. 

I guess we just fast forward about four months? Since the end of last season had the world ending in six months and now, eight episodes later, it's 10 days? Or their timeline of when the world would end was wrong and now it's much, much earlier than expected. 

How hilarious that Emori predicted that she'd be the sacrifice. I totally buy that Clarke and Abby would have chosen her if Grounder Guy didn't show up last episode. Though yeah, Clarke not even offering to sacrifice herself initially goes to show how she is someone thinking about survival. Which is odd because Clarke has been shown to choose to sacrifice herself over others if she can and this season she seems to be unable to do that. First with letting Bellamy write down her own name on the list, and now with her not considering sacrificing herself as a sacrifice until late this episode. I know she's always been about saving her people, but it seems to have gotten worse this season. Not that it's a bad thing to want to save herself, but her reaction to things is off this season.

Jasper has been a waste on this show as a character. I think the actor's capable, but the character is more irritating than Murphy, and that's because Jasper has had zero redemption while Murphy's really stepped it up and become better. Not good, but better (though what is good on this show? Because nobody is really that good). Jasper is really just a big ball of suck and angst. Bellamy should have let Jasper go on his suicide mission; he doesn't need to save this one guy who doesn't want to be saved. He's been trying to kill himself all season! 

I also still can't stand Jaha. Why do we get stuck with this guy, again? 

• Love 1