Type keyword(s) to search

“Bitch” Vs. “Jerk”: Where We Discuss Who The Writers Screwed This Week/Season/Ever

• Start Topic

I dread what comes out of this Comic Con, probably all Jack all the time. Maybe a bit of Sam. And Jensen talking about his first day of directing because Dean has nothing going on. Only Cas is maybe worse, at this point he only has his complete Jackie-poo obsession.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, auntvi said:

I need a lot more context than you provide and can't really find any on Twitter. On the face of it, I read the photo and comment as more snotty/snarky than funny.

Spoke to Jeremy Adams last night.  He said the writers were cool with it and have thick skins.  He’s really excited to be part of the team.  He said Bobo Berens had taken him under his wing and was helping him. Nice guy.  

8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Dean is doomed. 

I still shake my head at people being cool with people thinking they suck at their jobs. 

I'd be upset if even one of my customers thought that. 

I hear you.

And Berens taking any new writer "under his wing" is not good news to this fan.

Not at all.

And Yockey has moved on, too.

Go figure. 😣

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Myrelle said:
  Hide contents

which will be seen as even more ridiculous, by this viewer,  if he's reinstated as "family" right off the bat and riding around in the Impala with them again as if nothing ever even happened.

And I'd bet the ranch that that is precisely what's going to happen in the Dabb-penned premiere, right along with Dean apologizing for being so meen! to the poor little woobie.  🙄

They really need a barf emoji for this show now. 

Edited by Res
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Dean is doomed. 

I still shake my head at people being cool with people thinking they suck at their jobs. 

I'd be upset if even one of my customers thought that. 

Yeah, the biggest Dean-hater in the writing room "mentoring" the new guy? Great, more Dean-hate incoming. You know the guy who fails at everything according to TV guide.

And the one writer, who liked Dean, left.

This is gonna be 20 gruesome episodes.

• Love 2
(edited)

Don't tell me there is no Dean bias. 

He's not stupid. 

Dean doesn't do much of anything under this regime.  If the new guy is being mentored by Berens, and no incentive for them to write for Jensen.  It's going to be a long year Dean fans.

I suspect that photo Jensen posted will sum up the entire season.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

He's not stupid. 

Dean doesn't do much of anything under this regime.  If the new guy is being mentored by Berens, and no incentive for them to write for Jensen.  It's going to be a long year Dean fans.

I suspect that photo Jensen posted will sum up the entire season.

That's pretty ignorant. Did anyone reply to his tweet in defense of Dean? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't remember where or when I heard this but I thought Jensen himself said that Dean doesn't vote? And he gave a credible reason that Dean doesn't vote because he's been declared legally dead and it would be voter fraud if he tried. Something to that effect.

• Useful 1

ETA: That should really apply to Sam as well, so Berens should have answered neither vote. Also, that is a shitty question from Jess who used to do the spoiler pages. It's a 100% baiting question. I've  lost a lot of respect for her for asking that at all.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

ETA: That should really apply to Sam as well, so Berens should have answered neither vote. Also, that is a shitty question from Jess who used to do the spoiler pages. It's a 100% baiting question. I've  lost a lot of respect for her for asking that at all.

Yes, it was a loaded ridiculous question. But Berens didn't have to mention Dean at all since the idiot questioner only asked about Sam. Yet he had to include a dig at Dean just for shits and giggles. Very petty, very small. Very Bobo.

I will never understand the hatred these showrunners/producers have toward Dean Winchester - a fictional character without whom the show would never have gotten past the pilot, never have seen the light of day.

But whatever, it's very obvious this d-list writing crew is going to cling to their high school mean girl attitude to the bitter end. And that's not a good look for these guys. 🙄

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

But Berens didn't have to mention Dean at all since the idiot questioner only asked about Sam. Yet he had to include a dig at Dean just for shits and giggles. Very petty, very small. Very Bobo.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I was not intending my comment as a defense if Berens atall.  He's on my poop list. LOL  I was just saying that canonically, even if Berens was digging at Dean,  Dean himself has an actual valid reason for not voting.   Sadly, I doubt Berens even remembers that part of the show.  Sigh....  

• Love 5

OTOH, no one was asking who they'd actually *vote* for (since neither can vote), but who they like/would support.  They could have said "Dean hates politics" which would actually be true and not as snide as "doesn't vote."  

• Love 9

A side question:  since the boys now have a permanent home (at least, a PO Box) and identities as "the Campbells" in Lebanon, I wonder if they've gotten new "official" IDs and are now legally alive again?  Not that they need to pay taxes, or have a social security number to get jobs, or vote...😊

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

A side question:  since the boys now have a permanent home (at least, a PO Box) and identities as "the Campbells" in Lebanon, I wonder if they've gotten new "official" IDs and are now legally alive again?  Not that they need to pay taxes, or have a social security number to get jobs, or vote...😊

Oh gods...I forgot about that stupid development.  You know. I really hope that somehow that whole Mirror Universe thing in the s14 finale will have some pay off that all of this has been in Dean's mind because he really did get int he Box with Michael after all.  HAHAHAHAHA.  who am I kidding. If Yockey was still around, I might think he would do that.....

• Love 4

It's probably a good thing that Dabb and company don't do regular jobs and I'll never get to a ComicCon. I don't think I could be in shouting distance of any of them and not tell them exactly what I think of them. 

Seriously asking: when is the last time any one of them had something good or complimentary to say about Dean? I loathe them to a person.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Seriously asking: when is the last time any one of them had something good or complimentary to say about Dean?

The last positive comment that I recall hearing being stated about Dean was from Jensen. It seems that he's the only one involved in the show that cares about the character.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

The last positive comment that I recall hearing being stated about Dean was from Jensen. It seems that he's the only one involved in the show that cares about the character.

Yeah, I meant besides Jensen, but agreed. He's literally the only one who respects Dean. Every other person who deigns to mention him at all is either being outright insulting or offering up some kind of backhanded 'compliment'. 

ie., He's a loyal, mouth-breathing, neanderthal.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Only if you look at the other twitter user, they are a legit Dean-hater. And I don`t think Berens was "trolling" either, unless he doesn`t really understand the term. 

Who Berens legitimized by responding, IMO.

I considering making comments you know are going to incite a particular/specific segment of your audience, be it Twitter or any other platform, trolling. He knew he'd get the response he did. A big old pat on the back from the Dean detractors and anger from the Dean fans. Any attention is good attention, I suppose.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
because I am incapable of not editing, no matter how brief the post
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Who Berens legitimized by responding, IMO.

I considering making comments you know are going to incite a particular/specific segment of your audience, be it Twitter or any other platform, trolling. He knew he'd get the response he did. A big old pat on the back from the Dean detractors and anger from the Dean fans. Any attention is good attention, I suppose.

Oh, he meant to stir shit, I totally agree. To me a true troll is just someone who tries to stir shit but what they post is not actually their true convinction, mostly, they just don`t care at all about it. They do it for the lolz.

Meanwhile Berens actually dislikes the character and uses that to stir shit. 

Might just be my specific troll definition, though.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Oh, he meant to stir shit, I totally agree. To me a true troll is just someone who tries to stir shit but what they post is not actually their true convinction, mostly, they just don`t care at all about it. They do it for the lolz.

Meanwhile Berens actually dislikes the character and uses that to stir shit. 

Might just be my specific troll definition, though.

I think your definition is the correct one, but if he thinks he's trolling and is okay with it, that's definitive enough for me. Maybe the better word is baiting. Or simply being an asshole.

• Love 4
Spoiler

Apparently, (if I heard correctly it was hard with all the screaming) Sam and Dean are going to be on different pages about whether their choices were free will or God driven.  Let me guess which is which.  Dean who has always been the leader and champion of team free will and doing it their way, will suddenly be on the "destiny" side while Sam will get to champion choice.  Thereby giving yet another Dean role to Sam. 

51 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:
  Hide contents

Apparently, (if I heard correctly it was hard with all the screaming) Sam and Dean are going to be on different pages about whether their choices were free will or God driven.  Let me guess which is which.  Dean who has always been the leader and champion of team free will and doing it their way, will suddenly be on the "destiny" side while Sam will get to champion choice.  Thereby giving yet another Dean role to Sam. 

😡

Hide contents

🤬

I'd bet $ that this is what will happen.

• Love 2

#Supernatural Andrew Dabb jokes “I think about 30% of people will be really happy” with the end. @RobBenedict & @dicksp8jr: “You thought #GameOfThrones was bad...” #SDCC

Seriously, does he not understand the point of writing, especially a series ender?  Just because people might be talking about it doesn't mean it's good for publicity (or any future careers).  Bad endings tend to leave a bad taste in the mouth for any future projects (and even ruin enjoyment of the past episodes.)  

Sure, everyone knows that they'll never satisfy everyone, but I'd think they'd aim for a higher percentage.  

Does he realize that 30% approval means that 70% of the fans will either be unhappy or downright angry?  There's still time to change that, guys.  

• Love 8
(edited)
31 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Jared loves the finale.  So that tells me its all about Sam.

I agree. It seems like that’s the only time that he has an enthusiastic reaction to a storyline. Jensen ( IMO) likes when Dean AND the brothers have a good story in place. 

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Jared loves the finale.

In his last interview Jared indicated that the final episode could (and probably will) evolve into something different.  Here's hoping that at the "dinner" Kripke will have some other ideas.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

In his last interview Jared indicated that the final episode could (and probably will) evolve into something different.  Here's hoping that at the "dinner" Kripke will have some other ideas.

Unfortunately, I think Season Finales change because writers get stupid ideas on how they want to set up following Seasons. A Series Finale can be set in stone and not change.   

As for Kripke kind of liking it, well, he signed off on the original 5.22 so what he "likes" doesn't fill me with confidence either.

More musings than spoiler but to be safe:

Spoiler

My only slim hope right now is that Jared seems really set on some kind of complete "finito" so maybe this is what he loves. Whereas Jensen wanted more like an open ending maybe? Even Butch and Sundance or the Angel crew you don't see technically dying.

The way Jared talks they die and are seen in heaven or something at the end.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2
On 7/21/2019 at 10:19 PM, DeeDee79 said:

I agree. It seems like that’s the only time that he has an enthusiastic reaction to a storyline. Jensen ( IMO) likes when Dean AND the brothers have a good story in place. 

I see this kind of opinion expressed a lot, but for me that wouldn't explain Jensen's Benny enthusiasm in season 8 (which was a horrendous storyline for Sam) or the enthusiasm for season 9 which was also a terrible storyline for Sam (a supposedly "juicy" part for Jared doesn't mean a good storyline for Sam). Even season 10 in the end didn't turn out so well for Sam story-wise.

So, it seems to me that both Jared and Jensen mostly like good storylines for their own characters, and that only makes sense to me.

• Love 1

Brought over from the "These Spoilers Suck" thread (no spoilers)

3 hours ago, Res said:

Because I have an unhealthy compulsion to finish things, I probably will watch unfortunately but I will definitely check here first to prepare and it won't be any kind of must watch it was pre-Dabb. Yes, Carver was much, much better than this, imho. In fact, he's probably the best and at least tried to loosen their reigns on each other. I admire him for at least that. 

It's interesting that you see it that way, because for me, if that was what Carver was trying to do, then he failed. I found the brothers to be way, way more codependent after Carver got through with them than when Gamble wrote them. At least under Gamble they disagreed and then came to an agreement after seeing each other's sides (See "The Mentalists" and the season 7 final episodes.)

Under Carver, they disagreed, got petty, didn't listen to each other at all, and came back together due to trauma / circumstance / manipulation in the most unhealthy way imaginable (see the season 8 finale, the season 9 finale, the season 10 finale.)

It's why I don't want Carver anywhere near a finale. We'd end up with a repeat of "there is no me without you" Dean and "all I ever wanted was your approval" Sam.

• Love 2
On 7/22/2019 at 2:16 AM, Aeryn13 said:

Unfortunately, I think Season Finales change because writers get stupid ideas on how they want to set up following Seasons. A Series Finale can be set in stone and not change.   

As for Kripke kind of liking it, well, he signed off on the original 5.22 so what he "likes" doesn't fill me with confidence either.

More musings than spoiler but to be safe:

Hide contents

My only slim hope right now is that Jared seems really set on some kind of complete "finito" so maybe this is what he loves. Whereas Jensen wanted more like an open ending maybe? Even Butch and Sundance or the Angel crew you don't see technically dying.

The way Jared talks they die and are seen in heaven or something at the end.

My slim hope is sort of in-line with yours, but I'm going to post it in the bitter spoilers thread or maybe even the regular spoilers because it's not actually something that I would hate or even dislike and it has more to do with treating the two main characters as individuals with differences rather than as conjoined twins who can never be separated. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Myrelle said:

treating the two main characters as individuals with differences rather than as conjoined twins who can never be separated. 

This irritates me as well.

• Love 1

At least they aren't even trying to pretend this season. 

Yeah, I also noticed that they are paying keen attention to the order of the call sheet in a lot of the last season promos.

What a surprise-Not.

One more year...

• Love 4

At least they aren't even trying to pretend this season. 

I'm betting all the people clutching their pearls that Jensen dared to record a #SDCC message without Jared have no issues with this.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm betting all the people clutching their pearls that Jensen dared to record a #SDCC message without Jared have no issues with this.

Not a single "Where's Jensen" comment (that i saw under it.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Not a single "Where's Jensen" comment (that i saw under it.)

That's because we Jensen fans are not asking it.  We are their equivalent but most aren't quite that petty. :D 

If I wasn't at work, I'd be petty enough to do it, just because of the way they do it to Jensen all the time. :)

• Love 1