Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

CofCinci

10 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Man, I saw the preview for next week's episode and I wondered "Is Hannah pregnant?"  Fuck, it looks like she is and it is the surfer's baby.

That was my first thought as well. I hope not. Ugh.

A couple of days ago I read the descriptions for the upcoming episodes on IMDB, and in the 6x07 description is says "Hannah reconnects with Paul-Louis." I thought that was weird since they only had what amounts to a vacation fling, but "reconnecting" makes sense if she needs to tell him that he got her pregnant.

Then I googled "girls hannah pregnant" and found a ton of pictures of Lena Dunham with a big prosthetic baby bump kissing Adam Driver. So it appears that not only is Hannah pregnant, she's also keeping the baby and getting back together with Adam. Sigh. If the ending is going to be "Hannah has a baby and is cured of her self-centeredness," I'll be disappointed. Too cliche.

• Love 3

Oh, dear.

Well, since Hannah doesn't seem to use condoms, ever, I guess I should be more surprised she hasn't already been pregnant.  I don't think she used one with the surfer, or even discussed it with him.  I'm 35, so I've always been confused by the lack of condom use by the girls on this show.  I don't think Marnie used one when she fucked IV drug user Charlie, either.  It freaks me out.

Anyway, yeah, if Hannah is pregnant, and if it cures her of her selfishness, that will be a boring, paint-by-numbers ending to a series I thought was a little better than that.  Not particularly looking forward to it.

• Love 5

"I think if you're a fan of the show you'll find the ending anticlimactic in just the right way, and if you're not a fan of the show you'll be just as annoyed as you've ever been".  Sounds like no Hannah + Adam = Happy Ending

2 hours ago, Hrairoo said:

Anyway, yeah, if Hannah is pregnant, and if it cures her of her selfishness, that will be a boring, paint-by-numbers ending to a series I thought was a little better than that.  Not particularly looking forward to it.

Perhaps motherhood has always been in the cards for Hannah.  The series begins with Jessa pregnancy (false).

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

Perhaps motherhood has always been in the cards for Hannah.  The series begins with Jessa pregnancy (false).

That, and the foreshadowing last season, when Adam had to take care of Sample and people speculated that he would get Jessa pregnant.

I'm also wondering if having a baby will make her want to leave NYC.  She's met a couple of characters who talked about "escaping" city life, and how they were better for it.  Who knows?

Edited by Hrairoo
  • Love 2
(edited)

I would find it really weird to flip back to Adam/Hannah considering what Lena has said about Jessa/Adam, and the fact that she did that pairing in the first place. I was actually very surprised. Until that relationship I always felt Lena was fixed on Adam as Hannah's end game (I'm not - I much prefer Adam/Jessa).

Edited by DianeDobbler
  • Love 1

I would be super surprised if Lena made Hannah amazing single mom with supportive friends, tied up nicely in a bow.

I'm sort of hoping that all of the baby scenes are dream scenarios? Although I don't know who dreams about those pumping bras. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I would be super surprised if Lena made Hannah amazing single mom with supportive friends, tied up nicely in a bow.

I'm sort of hoping that all of the baby scenes are dream scenarios? Although I don't know who dreams about those pumping bras. 

I've had nightmares about them.

• Love 4

The cast has said that 

Spoiler

Shoshanna gets the happy ending - that she's the character who has grown the most and earned it. I wish they'd written more of that. For example, I assumed she and Ray were on good terms, but I wish I could have seen how they got to where he knew he could crash with her.

My speculaton is that Marnie and Desi will still be "together" by the end of the series. The show had many logical points where it could have written him off, and he's still here. I guess that says there are many logical points where Marnie could have written him off, but he's still in her life. Last week's Desi episode seems as if it should have been his send-off, or at least his and Marnie's, but it wasn't.

I guess a baby would teach Hannah responsibility, but that's a lousy task for a baby.

Last summer I saw the pics of a pregnant Hannah online and rolled my eyes.  I've been expecting this. 

I guess for the show to end dramatically a major life event would need to occur for the protagonist to learn something and grow.  I'm trying to imagine where Lena's going to go with this such that she describes the ending as "anti-climatic."  I can think of many words to describe pregnancy, adoption, miscarriage, abortion, child rearing, etc but anti-climatic wouldn't be one of them. 

• Love 2
On 3/8/2017 at 1:02 AM, LilaFowler said:

Last summer I saw the pics of a pregnant Hannah online and rolled my eyes.  I've been expecting this. 

I guess for the show to end dramatically a major life event would need to occur for the protagonist to learn something and grow.  I'm trying to imagine where Lena's going to go with this such that she describes the ending as "anti-climatic."  I can think of many words to describe pregnancy, adoption, miscarriage, abortion, child rearing, etc but anti-climatic wouldn't be one of them. 

It might be that the show ends while the character is still pregnant, and we don't find out what she decides.  The pictures online indicate to me that she decides to go through with the pregnancy, but not why or if that's the end game (a baby).

• Love 1
On 3/11/2017 at 0:54 PM, bunnywithanaxe said:

Do y'all think she might hand off the baby to Jessa and Adam? 

Nah.

There are a few tidbits from the preseason promos and teasers that haven't aired yet:

-Elijah and Hannah hugging (while she's wearing the same red zigzag dress she's wearing in the 6x06 promo)

-Elijah telling a visibly pregnant, overall-wearing Hannah "You've made so many wonderful friendships" and both of them cracking up, and telling him in the same scene "Why can't someone tell me exactly what to do in a way that makes it seem like it was my idea?"

-the bathroom group meeting with Hannah wearing the same overalls as in her scene with Elijah

-Hannah wearing a white dress seated in a restaurant across from Adam (I think Lena and Adam were snapped filming holding hands and such with Lena wearing the same white dress)

-Hannah telling Jessa that she doesn't think that they were ever friends

-Marnie spooning Hannah

-Hannah storming into the bathroom and slamming the door shut (wearing what looks like the same top from the scene where she tells Marnie she's pregnant in the 6x06 promo)

I believe Elijah's dance class as shown in one of the promos is also from a later episode.

I'm also wondering if having a baby will make her want to leave NYC.  She's met a couple of characters who talked about "escaping" city life, and how they were better for it.  Who knows?

I think that Hannah will wind up ditching NYC as well.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I think Hannah and Marnie move away. They filmed Upstate but it could substitute for anywhere. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3812095/Lena-Dunham-dons-breast-pump-Allison-Williams-cradles-infant-NY-set-HBO-s-Girls.html

Very likely. Lena Dunham has always said that the true "romance" of Girls is between Hannah and Marnie.

Ep descriptions for 6x06 and 6x07:

6x06 ("Full Disclosure"):

Marnie (Allison Williams) tries to convince a resistant Desi (Ebon Moss-Bachrach) to follow through with their planned gig at her mom’s birthday party in New Jersey. After rebuffing Adam’s (Adam Driver) request to watch his film, Hannah (Lena Dunham) gets advice on an important decision from her dad (Peter Scolari) and his new partner, Keith (Ethan Phillips). Elijah’s (Andrew Rannells) thespian talents are rekindled when he helps a coworker run lines for an audition.

6x07 ("The Bounce"):

Elijah (Andrew Rannells) prepares for an open-call audition for a new Broadway musical, but is thrown off his game by an unexpected visitor. In need of cash, Marnie (Allison Williams) tries to pawn a family heirloom and gets a wakeup call from an unlikely source. Hannah (Lena Dunham) reconnects with Paul-Louis (Riz Ahmed).

No mention of Adam, Jessa, Ray or Shosh.

(edited)

6x06 - Must be the ending to the Hannah & Adam story?  Hopefully it's their final parting and not some open-ended scene to be further explored in TV movies or graphic novels.

6x07 - Oh gawd. Does Hannah go into labor as his audition is about to begin?  Typical Hannah.  I'm curious to Elijah's choice should it go that way.  Marnie's heirloom could be that old Upstate house. "Wakeup call" is probably the baby.  ??

6x08 is named "What Will We Do This Time About Adam?"  Maybe that's the Hannah/Adam ending?

6x09 - "Goodbye Tour".   Perhaps Hannah and Marnie have decided to move to the Upstate house and say goodbye to Shosh, Jessa and Ray?

6x10 - "Latching". 

Edited by CofCinci

I missed in my previous list of clips a teaser for Season 6 that I missed the first time around, so here's the revised list:

There are a few tidbits from the preseason promos and teasers that haven't aired yet:

-Elijah and Hannah hugging (while she's wearing the same red zigzag dress she's wearing in the 6x06 promo)

-Elijah telling a visibly pregnant, overall-wearing Hannah "You've made so many wonderful friendships" and both of them cracking up, and telling him in the same scene "Why can't someone tell me exactly what to do in a way that makes it seem like it was my idea?"

-the bathroom group meeting with Hannah wearing the same overalls as in her scene with Elijah

-Hannah wearing a white dress seated in a restaurant across from Adam (I think Lena and Adam were snapped filming holding hands and such with Lena wearing the same white dress)

-Hannah telling Jessa that she doesn't think that they were ever friends

-Marnie spooning Hannah

-Hannah storming into the bathroom and slamming the door shut (wearing what looks like the same top from the scene where she tells Marnie she's pregnant in the 6x06 promo)

-(from same 6x06 scene where Hannah tells Marnie she's pregnant) Marnie: "I'm into it"/Hannah: "I can't believe how supportive you're being"

-Elijah, Hannah and Marnie at a party where the guests are drinking champagne: overalls Hannah, Marnie wearing same outfit from bathroom "group meeting" (sweater-wearing Elijah tells Hannah to "Get on board!")

-Shosh, wearing white dress from bathroom meeting scene, standing in a kitchen says "Okay"

-sweater-wearing Elijah shoves his head into the bathroom

So as far as I can tell, unless Hannah repeats outfits, in the episode where she's wearing overalls, she 1) has a conversation with Elijah outdoors where it sounds like she's considering leaving New York, 2) attends a party with Shosh, Marnie and Elijah, and 3) has a group meeting in the bathroom (which is interrupted by Elijah at some point).

The shot of Marnie spooning Hannah, with the camera panning up their bodies, reminds me of a similar shot from Season 1. It seems possible that this shot is from one of the last scenes of the show, to provide a nice bookend.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Sure looks that way. Ugh. 

I think it will be a last hurrah, since there's no sign of Adam in the filming spoilers showing Hannah with her baby. There's also a shot in the promo of Adam at night looking up at Jessa, so either he gets back together with Jessa instead of Hannah, or both Hannah and Jessa dump him for good.

In 6x07, Hannah said she was three months along. Given that she has a baby in 6x10 and is massively pregnant in the scenes where she's sporting the overalls, I'm guessing there will be some significant time jumps, maybe between 6x07 and 6x08, or between 6x08 and 6x09.

Here's my revised list of clips that haven't appeared yet in Season 6:

-Elijah telling a visibly pregnant, overall-wearing Hannah "You've made so many wonderful friendships" and both of them cracking up, and telling him in the same scene "Why can't someone tell me exactly what to do in a way that makes it seem like it was my idea?"

-Hannah wearing a white dress seated in a restaurant across from Adam (I think Lena and Adam were snapped filming holding hands and such with Lena wearing the same white dress) (according to the promo for 6x08, this is from 6x08)

-Marnie spooning Hannah

-Elijah, Hannah and Marnie at a party where the guests are drinking champagne: overalls Hannah, Marnie wearing same outfit from bathroom "group meeting" (sweater-wearing Elijah tells Hannah to "Get on board!")

-Shosh, wearing white dress from bathroom meeting scene, standing in a kitchen says "Okay"

-sweater-wearing Elijah shoves his head into the bathroom

Looks like the big party and the overalls scenes happen in 6x09, which I believe is entitled "Farewell Tour." 

• Love 1

From the promo and the previous clips released in the season promotional material, it looks like there's a party in 6x09 with Marnie, Hannah, Jessa, Shosh, and Elijah all present. 

It seems as if Hannah is contemplating moving away. Hannah is attempting to get in touch with Marnie because she needs her advice. Hannah is seen the same day chatting with Elijah outside the BAC, wondering why someone won't tell her what to do and make it seem like it's her idea. In that same scene, Hannah and Elijah joke about how she hasn't made wonderful friendships. In another scene set at their apartment, Elijah urges her not to give up on living together.

I'm not sure who or what the party is for. Marnie is shown in the 6x09 promo with a wrapped gift, and champagne is being served. Hannah did not expect to see Jessa there, since she says "Not you, not now." I'm not even sure if Hannah is an invited guest, since it seems as if she may have tracked Marnie down after Marnie ignored her phone calls. Hannah doesn't seem to know what's going on, but Elijah urges her to "Get on board!" There's a bit from the party in the promo where the guests seem to be watching someone speak or give a toast, while Hannah has her arms crossed looking pissed.

The party also features a "group meeting" with the four girls that none of them save Marnie seems particularly keen on. Elijah pokes his head in at some point.

In the 6x09 promo, there's also a bit with Shosh laughing and dancing with a guy.

• Love 1
(edited)

I may be in the minority, but I don't want these four to be friends by the end of the series.  I get tired of sitcoms where the same group of people stay friends for years and years and years; having people drift apart is much more realistic.  The only two I can see staying friends after all this are Hannah and Marnie.  I think they hashed everything out with the "wound" fight back in season one, and since then, they seem to have this simple understanding between them.  I don't get that from the relationship between Hannah and Shosh or- eek!- Hannah and Jessa.  Those friendships are totally stagnant.

Edited by Hrairoo
  • Love 2
(edited)

I may be in the minority, but I don't want these four to be friends by the end of the series.

Then I'm in the minority with you. I feel/hope they are setting Hannah up to end these friendships. I don't care about her having a friendship with Jessa, nor Shosh and Marnie irks me, what's the point? But she did tell Marnie that she invested so much time in that particular friendship that she wasn't going to give up now. Of course, that was before she got pregnant and had another human being's welfare to think of, I know I would NOT have time for the same old Marnie at this point.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Keepitmoving said:

Then I'm in the minority with you. I feel/hope they are setting Hannah up to end these friendships. I don't care about her having a friendship with Jessa, nor Shosh and Marnie irks me, what's the point? But she did tell Marnie that she invested so much time in that particular friendship that she wasn't going to give up now. Of course, that was before she got pregnant and had another human being's welfare to think of, I know I would NOT have time for the same old Marnie at this point.

Very true.  I've read plenty of speculation about Marnie and Hannah working together to raise the baby, but Marnie would have to change in a big way for that to work.  She couldn't co-parent with anyone if she were still trying to sing and banging drug addicts and blaming it on everyone under the sun except herself.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

From the promo and the previous clips released in the season promotional material, it looks like there's a party in 6x09 with Marnie, Hannah, Jessa, Shosh, and Elijah all present. 

It seems as if Hannah is contemplating moving away. Hannah is attempting to get in touch with Marnie because she needs her advice. Hannah is seen the same day chatting with Elijah outside the BAC, wondering why someone won't tell her what to do and make it seem like it's her idea. In that same scene, Hannah and Elijah joke about how she hasn't made wonderful friendships. In another scene set at their apartment, Elijah urges her not to give up on living together.

I'm not sure who or what the party is for. Marnie is shown in the 6x09 promo with a wrapped gift, and champagne is being served. Hannah did not expect to see Jessa there, since she says "Not you, not now." I'm not even sure if Hannah is an invited guest, since it seems as if she may have tracked Marnie down after Marnie ignored her phone calls. Hannah doesn't seem to know what's going on, but Elijah urges her to "Get on board!" There's a bit from the party in the promo where the guests seem to be watching someone speak or give a toast, while Hannah has her arms crossed looking pissed.

The party also features a "group meeting" with the four girls that none of them save Marnie seems particularly keen on. Elijah pokes his head in at some point.

In the 6x09 promo, there's also a bit with Shosh laughing and dancing with a guy.

Maybe it is a baby shower for Hannah?

34 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Maybe it is a baby shower for Hannah?

I thought of that possibility, but Hannah looks so grumpy and out of sorts in the few shots that we've seen that I'm skeptical.

12 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I thought of that possibility, but Hannah looks so grumpy and out of sorts in the few shots that we've seen that I'm skeptical.

Maybe wedding shower for Ray and Abigail?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Maybe wedding shower for Ray and Abigail?

That would explain why Shosh is there. She and Hannah haven't had scenes together this season at all, and barely any in the past seasons, so it would be weird for Shosh to show up to a baby shower for Hannah.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think that's an engagement party based on the wrapping of Marnie's present. That looks like wedding shower gift wrapping, not baby shower gift wrapping. Besides, none of those girls seem like they would give Hannah a shower. I actually don't know how they all end up at an engagement party for Shosh. Well, Hannah seems to be there just looking for Marnie.

I think this meeting with all these girls will put a period at the end of these "friendships,"  then we see the scene with Hannah and Elijah cracking up when he mentions something about all the meaningful friendships she's has, not. I hope she moves back to Michigan to near her mother, she can write from anywhere. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 3/15/2017 at 0:50 AM, Eyes High said:

The shot of Marnie spooning Hannah, with the camera panning up their bodies, reminds me of a similar shot from Season 1. It seems possible that this shot is from one of the last scenes of the show, to provide a nice bookend.

It's one of the first shots of the pilot episode (right after the title card) and I believe they paralleled it with Hannah/Elijah in the S2 opener and then Hannah/Adam in the S3 opener (I think they dropped it after that), so it was definitely a memorable shot for the show, so I'd bet money on it being the opening shot of the finale.

I could see the finale possibly having a time jump to after the baby has been born, and the episode opens with Marnie spooning Hannah in bed, one of them waking up to the baby crying, and then getting out of bed to reveal their new house, wherever they're living now. From what I could tell from Instagram posts about filming, Lena and Allison seemed to be the only cast members filming for a while at the end there, so I could see next episode being the send off to Jessa and Shosh and Elijah, and the finale focusing mostly on Hannah and Marnie.

Edited by colorbars
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, CofCinci said:

On second thought this could be Shosh's wedding/engagement party?

Good point. Shosh's lacy white dress could be the tipoff. Is the bride wearing white to an engagement party a thing? I thought it was.

Maybe the joke is that Shosh entered a relationship and got engaged, but the other girls (apart from Marnie) were already too distant from Shosh to find out about it until the actual wedding/engagement party?

It would be strange if it were a party for Shosh and Ray were absent--they're still good friends--but I thought the comments on the Inside the Episode for 6x08 seemed to imply that that was it for Ray.

9 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

I think that's an engagement party based on the wrapping of Marnie's present. That looks like wedding shower gift wrapping, not baby shower gift wrapping. Besides, none of those girls seem like they would give Hannah a shower. I actually don't know how they all end up at an engagement party for Shosh. Well, Hannah seems to be there just looking for Marnie.

I agree about the gift (silver and white wrap). And neither Hannah nor Jessa are dressed up like the other guests. 

2 hours ago, colorbars said:

It's one of the first shots of the pilot episode (right after the title card) and I believe they paralleled it with Hannah/Elijah in the S2 opener and then Hannah/Adam in the S3 opener (I think they dropped it after that), so it was definitely a memorable shot for the show, so I'd bet money on it being the opening shot of the finale.

I could see the finale possibly having a time jump to after the baby has been born, and the episode opens with Marnie spooning Hannah in bed, one of them waking up to the baby crying, and then getting out of bed to reveal their new house, wherever they're living now. From what I could tell from Instagram posts about filming, Lena and Allison seemed to be the only cast members filming for a while at the end there, so I could see next episode being the send off to Jessa and Shosh and Elijah, and the finale focusing mostly on Hannah and Marnie.

This all sounds about right.

• Love 1

I believe Sunday's was our last episode with Eillijah. Per AWS and ARS Instagram posts Monday. And I'm pretty sure Adam is dome, unsure about Ray but probably? I don't know how they would sandwhich him into the final episode but I honestly have no idea what's going to happen in the final episode considering two thirds of the cast won't be in it.

• Love 1

Ugh.....Hannah & Marnie are my two least favorite characters (I admittedly dislike Marnie more than Hannah). Good luck to Baby Boy Horvath if the show is going to end with those two co-parenting him. I'm betting Sample has a better chance with Laird & Caroline (& Uncle Adam) than Hannah's baby will with having those two narcicists as the only adult caregivers he has within a two hour drive. Maybe Ray and his new girl can move and open a Grumpy's where Hannah is and be part of Hannah's baby's "village"....because I wouldn't want to have to rely on Marnie for having to do anything that wasn't about her for longer than a few months.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Maybe Ray and his new girl can move and open a Grumpy's where Hannah is and be part of Hannah's baby's "village"....because I wouldn't want to have to rely on Marnie for having to do anything that wasn't about her for longer than a few months.

Maybe Hannah is envisioning her and her son will be like the "Gilmore Girls", except for a mother and son combo.  The small town that is built around the university will adore everything about them and it will be a magical fairyland like Stars Hallow.             I agree about Marnie.  She will help out until she can find another meal ticket...sorry, boyfriend to fund her dreams.  I do not see her being Hannah's co parent in a long term type of way.  I guess Marnie might move in with Hannah, now that she is being evicted as a better alternative to sleeping on her mother's couch.  Maybe Marnie can also get a fantasy job "teaching the internet" in academia.

• Love 4

Realistically, I agree, Marnie probably wouldn't be a reliable co-parent to Hannah's kid, but I do think the show will end with them planning on doing that. But I'm sure everyone will agree/headcanon it doesn't even last a year.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

Maybe Marnie can also get a fantasy job "teaching the internet" in academia.

Marnie worked for a gallery in the first season. My guess is this wonderland university that has hired Hannah has some amazing museum on campus and that Marnie will be offered the director position..... /sarcasm

• Love 2