Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Lei It All On The Table

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

My issue with Porsha is she behaves as if it some commandment that if you have been offended by what someone "revealed" about you there is some duty to go scorched earth on the person without regard for them as a person.  This is the same person who thinks Kandi had a eternal duty to Phaedra to keep everything under wraps.  When Phaedra decided to go after Todd she pretty much smoked the friendship and loyalties between she and Kandi. 

Whatever Porsha is doing is not working for her in the grander scheme of things.  My guess is if RHOA doesn't work out for her, the other opportunities will probably dry up and she will be relegated to a series of reality shows.  The one person she should not run things by is Phaedra or her agent or whoever it is that dreams up these scenarios with the various guys she is dating.  If she truly employs an anger management person, there has to be a true sense of failure when it comes to Porsha-I guess Porsha not beating someone's ass  is somewhat of a victory.    

It is remarkable how quickly Porsha escalated things. I just think about how I would have reacted if someone said I had slept with someone I hadn't.  How hard is it to say "I know that you would assume that I slept with Block, but we never connected in that way and I didn't feel comfortable with him during the brief time we dated." Or something along those lines. But then again I'm an adult who has gone to college, worked for decades, and had adult relationships. I just find her response to the assumption that she slept with Block to be ridiculous and immature. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It is remarkable how quickly Porsha escalated things. I just think about how I would have reacted if someone said I had slept with someone I hadn't.  How hard is it to say "I know that you would assume that I slept with Block, but we never connected in that way and I didn't feel comfortable with him during the brief time we dated." Or something along those lines. But then again I'm an adult who has gone to college, worked for decades, and had adult relationships. I just find her response to the assumption that she slept with Block to be ridiculous and immature. 

It is what makes me wonder if this go after Kandi was something Porsha did for a storyline. 

45 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Seems Kordell is still fighting the battle about his sexuality-scores a big $3 million win against some guy claiming Kordell was gay:  http://www.themarshalltown.com/kordell-stewart-wins-3m-from-man-claiming-gay-fling/27791  The article mentions Porsha and her claims of Kordell being gay.

I would laugh if he sued her next.  She never directly said anything, but that video and her statements have been dancing very close to the line.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I would laugh if he sued her next.  She never directly said anything, but that video and her statements have been dancing very close to the line.

He could also sue Kenya, who said he was gay on camera. The rumors about his sexuality have been around for decades, since before he played for the Steelers.

33 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

He could also sue Kenya, who said he was gay on camera. The rumors about his sexuality have been around for decades, since before he played for the Steelers.

Kenya was asking Porsha if Kordell was gay because of all the stuff Porsha put out there.  If Kenya formed an honest opinion based off of what Porsha said, she isn't liable.  You have to prove malice for defamation against a public figure.  He might have a case against Porsha, but a very weak claim against Kenya.

But honestly, the case against Porsha would have some problems since she never really said he is gay, she just skirted around the issue with the video and suggestive comments about his sexuality.

Edited by RealReality
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Kenya was asking Porsha if Kordell was gay because of all the stuff Porsha put out there.  If Kenya formed an honest opinion based off of what Porsha said, she isn't liable.  You have to prove malice for defamation against a public figure.  He might have a pretty good case against Porsha, but a very weak claim against Kenya.

Actually, Kenya called him gay and accused Porsha of being his "beard" several times. Also, Kenya called him gay before Porsha said anything about his sexuality.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Actually, Kenya called him gay and accused Porsha of being his "beard" several times. Also, Kenya called him gay before Porsha said anything about his sexuality.

I don't remember any of that, but if you'd like to point me to a clip that would be lovely.

I remember Kenya asking Porsha about being Kordell's beard after the numerous comments Porsha made to suggest that Kordell was gay.  And then Dummy Porsha being upset that Kenya would suggest it after she pretty much came out and said the man was gay.

Personally, I don't think Porsha ever directly said that Kordell was gay, but just heavily suggested that that was the case.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Porsha couldn't look any worse on that Mexico vacation trying to explain herself and the dynamics of her family and what she was fighting for! It was just embarrassing listening to her at the table making a fool of herself and Kordell in front of the cast and Nat'l TV! ;-(

• Love 2

Here is an article about the Kenya/Porsha/Kordell situation:  http://rollingout.com/2014/03/12/kenya-moore-defends-calling-porsha-williams-beard-kordell-stewart/

Another one:  https://bossip.com/864019/shots-fired-porsha-stewart-calls-suspect-kordell-a-low-down-cheapskate-after-he-left-her-broke-while-married/

Porsha certainly implied it.  Again he made her mad so she can say anything she wants.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

I would, its pretty standard and normal to sleep with someone you're dating or kicking it with.  Unless someone had a specific religious or personal objection, I think its pretty normal and standard in this day and age to sleep with someone you're dating.  We don't exactly live in a society where that is taboo or unacceptable.  And Porsha hasn't given any indication that she doesn't sleep with men she is dating (see - Todd 2 being snuck into her momma's house)

I also think that plenty people were having sex outside of marriage in the olden days.  Almost every era has stories of "bastard children," so I don't think sex when you're dating is a new concept.  I think the availability of birth control is a new concept though.

I have no idea why people think something they tell someone on national TV is going to be private.  

Porsha didn't want it known by people that she slept with a dude she was dating?  To me, that is probably one of the more tame things that Porsha has done, and that includes on camera.  Like sleeping with a guy I'm dating is something I would do, its something most people I know would do. 

It wasn't mentioned on the show in any of the conversations that Kandi got pregnant by Block with Riley while he was married. This could be why Porsha is reticent to admit on camera to dating or sleeping with a dog known to be having affairs. He seems like a real jerk, not only to women but his daughter,  and I can't blame Porsha or Kandi for being embarrassed by him. I've had a few exes I would not be proud of either. 

That resort looked absolutely beautiful and relaxing. Hawaii is so gorgeous. Shame the 1st night after a long flight that was interrupted they had to get into the fighting and drama with barely a chance to recuperate.  I bet Kim Fields is very happy she isn't on this year lol! 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

There is no indication that Phaedra made it up.  Unless Phaedra says she made it up or unless there is 24/7 footage of Shamea and/or Kandi ever since they met, Phaedra's claim cannot be called a lie with 100% certainty.

Unless one has 24/7 footage of Phaedra and Apollo, nobody knows what Phaedra knew about Apollo's crimes.  In the one on one sit down Phaedra had with Kandi, there was no lie being told.  Kandi brought up old issues in order to spill Phaedra's secrets.  They were filming a new season and what Phaedra said was months and months in the past.  Kandi purposely wanted to put Phaedra on blast on camera.

Kandi admitted on camera that she wasn't there for Phaedra.  She said, verbatim, "I wasn't there".  Now, because she's no longer friends with Phaedra and is upset by Phaedra's comments about her husband, she is spilling Phaedra's secrets under the guise of "setting the record straight".  There is no need to do so.  No one is calling for a boycott of Kandi because she wasn't supportive of Phaedra in a stressful time.  No one is calling for her to be removed from RHOA.  She is hurt, angry and simply wants to get back at Phaedra.   Kandi wasn't defending herself against anything because again, she admitted that she wasn't there when Phaedra was getting death threats from Apollo, he was punching holes in the walls, she was getting investigated by the feds and was embarrassed as a lawyer yet again by her husband for returning to crime.  Kandi wanted to put Phaedra on blast, so Phaedra returned the favor.

You can't really have it both ways. You keep telling everyone, unless you're there with the person. 24/7, or in their head, you don't know for sure what was done or what was said, etc.  But unless you're in Kandi's head, you can't say with complete certainty what she was thinking or why she did what she did. Phaedra's a liar.  We don't need to live in her skin to have noticed that over the past several years we've been TV-acquainted with the woman.

• Love 5
On 3/7/2017 at 4:39 PM, RHJunkie said:

My first point - Phaedra didn't just lie to protect herself, she responded by making it seem like Kim was horrible for her comment when in reality she was detracting from the fact that she was caught in a lie. That was a manipulative and malicious reaction on Phaedra's part. When Kenya called out Porsha for wanting the group to come together so she could talk about her anger management, it was Phaedra that passed that information to Kenya and when Porsha denied wanting such a thing, Phaedra denied saying it, leaving Porsha to continue her anger toward Kenya for being all up in her business when it was actually Phaedra that took it upon herself to act as a representative of Porsha so that the ladies would hang out with her. Phaedra lied to her benefit and to the detriment of having someone else look like the liar. That is malicious. Phaedra lied about her divorce filings. Phaedra lied about how she met Apollo. Phaedra lied about when she filed for divorce. It may not be equivalent to lie about yourself versus to lie about someone else, but at some point, you have to set some boundary of when lies just become too much that there are no longer footnotes that need to be attached to explain away why a lie is justified and doesn't make you a liar despite the fact that you lie...and often. Phaedra is savvy enough to evade making comments outright but she says a lot of things that are implications - this isn't a courtroom, in the way of opinion, technicalities don't mean that her intent is excused.

What reason did Phaedra have to bring up Kandi's supposed tryst with Shamea? She didn't bring it up in a positive light - she said in the spirit of malicious gossip - it takes nothing more than simply looking at her bring up the subject (in the context of a conversation where Phaedra and Porsha are complaining about Kandi) to realize that it was said with ill intent. And I ain't buying the whole 'Kandi spilled first'. Kandi would have not felt compelled to spill the dirt on Phaedra if Phaedra didn't go around telling people that she's disappointed that Kandi wasn't being a better friend to her during her issues with Apollo. Kandi only brought up the man because he was part of the reason that Kandi felt that Phaedra was coping well. Kandi outing Phaedra's relationship with this man had everything to do with defending herself against Phaedra's accusation about the type of friend she is. People also went back to Kandi and told her that Phaedra was telling people not to do business with Kandi and Todd yet Kandi didn't make that the focus of her argument with Phaedra....she didn't focus her argument on hearsay. Kandi didn't address any of this stuff until she saw on camera what Phaedra was saying about her. Phaedra had no context or reason to say what she said about Kandi.

YES to the Bolded!

I'm always so frustrated with the idea that Kandi "started it" by putting Phaedra's business out there. First of all whenever you see any of these conversations Kandi in dead in the middle of a conversation and this "tea" gets "spilled" non maliciously and in a matter of fact manner to express or back up her sentiments on a situation. Kandi doesn't even drop the info in a shady tone. She never does. It's usually used solely as information to substantiate her position on things.  When you hear the conversation Kandi simply says there were outward factors that led her to believe that Phaedra wasn't as distraught as she was expressing to others when criticizing Kandi's lack of support. Kandi was being dragged that season for not being a good enough friend.  Kandi's opinion about Phaedra bringing the kids to see Apollo was just that her opinion. I don't see why that is also some sort of factor with regards to the justifying Phaedra's shade. Also Kandi feeling how she felt about that isn't the worse thing in the world but I will agree that it's completely relevant enough to cause a WTF rift between friends. Not for anyone to be throwing bitches under the bus though. And definitely worth a DAMN conversation if you find the need to run to everyone else and cry about it like a little bitch.

Was Kandi diplomatic about it? No cause by the time she was having the conversation with Phaedra about it she had already spoken with Phaedra and thought they were able to iron out some of their issue. Kandi decided to be blunt in that conversation by saying you know what Phaedra cut the whole woe is me act so that she can be put in the worse light possible. Kandi was sick of the melodrama and pointed out that it really wasn't that obvious that Phaedra was in such dire need of coddling considering Phaedra was sharing with Kandi this person she was in intimate communication with. And lets not forget that she said that during a conversation WITH Phaedra. She didn't drop gossip at a table where she was absent. She told her straight to her face how she felt about these allegations that had Kandi was being so neglectful. I mean I could get on board with Kandi missing those signs. Kandi doesn't look like she handles her friend emotional fragility well but she also doesn't deserve to be painted in such an ugly light like she was the most horrible friend to her because she wasn't constantly checking with Phaedra with kleenex and home cooked cassaroles. That shit was ridiculous and Porsha jumped straight on the train when the opportunity arose cause ain't no body was taking her dumb ass seriously as a friend.

Also, I'm going to really need Andy to run the footage at the reunion where all Kandi said was that Block and Porsha DATED. That was it. It was some throw away comment that Sheree jumped on slurped up and recycled it to be something jucier by introducing the sex part. Kandi NEVER said it and that's the only "business" of Porsha's that Porsha has to claim when going on and on and on about how Kandi was putting all her business out there. I can't take how Porsha's all kinds a crazy and grimey all the while siting only that ONE detail as if Kandi shared with Sheree that she had gender reassignment surgery. I mean she mentioned you dated her ex... I mean seriously?

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Also, I'm going to really need Andy to run the footage at the reunion where all Kandi said was that Block and Porsha DATED. That was it. It was some throw away comment that Sheree jumped on slurped up and recycled it to be something jucier by introducing the sex part. Kandi NEVER said it and that's the only "business" of Porsha's that Porsha has to claim when going on and on and on about how Kandi was putting all her business out there. I can't take how Porsha's all kinds a crazy and grimey all the while siting only that ONE detail as if Kandi shared with Sheree that she had gender reassignment surgery. I mean she mentioned you dated her ex... I mean seriously?

Yes, it was Sheree who started the talk of Porsha and Block sleeping together. She's the one who put that info out there. Yet Porsha is too dumb to see that....or else it's not fitting the storyline for her to be mad at Sheree. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I dislike Peter as much as anyone, but I lol'd at his "we'd all be fucking" comment! I rewound & watched it again!!!!

That's Peter just "keeping it real!" I'm so glad the season is over for the ATL and BH; just repetitive shady and juvenile behavior! Sheree and this house was made to be all about nothing as well since with all her shade about Kenya place, people weren't able to go anywhere they wanted! It obviously isn't done and I had to crack up when Kenya went "Oh Hell naawwww" with that unfinished basement! ;-)