Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Shawny & Jack

Tara Ariano

If that is their big season opener then I don't know.

So who chats and flirts and falls in love with a random phonecall? I know she knew it was her ex that time but didn't she strike up a phone friendship with a 300 yo man before? 

• Love 2

All I can say is that either the screening they do before putting people on the air is non-existent, or they are so desperate for material that anyone who applies gets to appear regardless of how dumb their particular story might happen to be.

• Love 3

That whole thing felt like a scripted set up (even more-so than usual). The ending was filmed in such a weird way. Ebony/Shawny was sitting in front of the computer to video chat yet the camera was in her house filming her video chatting. And why did Brandon'd number come back to Angel's house? What a mess of a first episode.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

And why did Brandon'd number come back to Angel's house?

Some lookup sites are full of bad data. The guys have at least two that they use so that they can fill time with the false results.

• Love 1

That whole thing felt like a scripted set up (even more-so than usual). The ending was filmed in such a weird way. Ebony/Shawny was sitting in front of the computer to video chat yet the camera was in her house filming her video chatting. And why did Brandon'd number come back to Angel's house? What a mess of a first episode.

Yeah, that was my main question -- wasn't this the first time they've sent an actual camera crew for the follow-up? I don't recall that having happened before. (Not just for the Skype chat, but for the little "happily family" montage they were doing outside, too. I wonder if that's a new regular feature or just a one-time thing to pad this one out.)

• Love 4

I was so looking forward to an extra twist where Brandon found sexting to be insufficient to keep him from humping the trees and animals he likes to behold, so he handed his phone off to George the Nonagenarian. George, having grown tired of binge-watching Matlock, needed a new way to occupy his time. Seeing George roll up in the park on a Hoveround would have made this Catfish an instant classic.

Instead, I suspect that Brandon and Ebony are actually happily together and this was all a ruse so he could plug his soon-to-be-kinda-patented burger technique on national television.

• Love 5

I have no idea why they would pick these two to be on the show unless they had a time machine and knew about Brandon's monologue about not having sex with trees, which was the only thing that made this episode worth watching.

• Love 8

As much as I like this show, I think they need to call it quits because people are using it or, like some of you said, get a better research on the people that apply. I hate Nev being so nice. I needed Max and him to drop her as soon as they heard her story in the park. What a waste of time and episode!

By the look of the trailer, the next one seems interesting and I hope it will redeem this failure of an opener.

• Love 2