Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG THAT'S what it reminds me of!! Thank you! 

You're welcome ?

9 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Roadmap

OMG! ????????my thoughts exactly! 

3 hours ago, GingerJ said:

There are so many great lines from Wayne's World- you should watch it sometime! Here's a line from the movie that could be used at auditions- just to keep the conversation relevant lol

It's official, I must wear a Depends undergarment when I'm on this thread. Laughed so hard I pissed myself.... 

• Love 7

When it's more than two months until MTT Season 12 starts, you just binge watch seasons 3-11 on Amazon ??❤

I don't know why they don't allow seasons 1 and 2 to be shown anymore ??

IMG_2135.JPG

• Love 3

I have Verizon, so I can watch the old seasons through the cmt website. At one point, all seasons were available to watch, now you can watch some seasons and not others, and some episodes without a subscription and some require a subscription. What gives? 

• Love 2

I'm sorry, Miranda is disgusting/. Her chest is so abnormally large compared to her waist:  then you have the uniboob syndrome.  When she dances she has absolutely NO control and is all over the place.  She has gotten worse then last year how on earth is she in training camp ?

2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I have Verizon, so I can watch the old seasons through the cmt website. At one point, all seasons were available to watch, now you can watch some seasons and not others, and some episodes without a subscription and some require a subscription. What gives? 

I can watch them all through the CMT app on my phone. It doesn't work on my computer though boooo.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

On Fios, you can buy old episodes for $1.99 each.  Not a fortune, but they add up so I decided to just pick out a couple of episodes I remembered liking.  So I bought the episode where Nicole Blucher's rookie class (I want to keep calling it a pledge class) did their first game performance because I like the song they danced to; Trailer Choir's "Tailgate".  Imagine my surprise when I realized that it'd been switched out for some generic music :(

That particular scene was on YouTube with the original music

(edited)
10 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

CMT app? I tried through my iPad and could not and I have cable subscriptions like a big nerd. I went onto ioffers the other day and need to buy Season 2.

I bought it from ioffer! All the episodes fit on 1 disc and it's not HD at all, but it's awesome. I loved seeing the older season and a lot of the vets that I've heard of but retired prior to season 3. 

8 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I haaaaaate watching episodes where they switch out the music ?

I know! So awkward and weird! 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 2
(edited)

I found this video of this girl who decided to audition on a whim and her boyfriend made the video  , she's pretty and has a cute personality by honestly i think his video might hurt her if she decides to re audition , DCC don't really have a sense of humor and they might think she was trying to make fun of them 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, mmm said:

I found this video of this girl who decided to audition on a whim and her boyfriend made the video  , she's pretty and has a cute personality by honestly i think his video might hurt her if she decides to re audition , DCC don't really have a sense of humor and they might think she was trying to make fun of them 

Hmmm. Totally judemental on my part, I fully and wholeheartedly admit, but BIG FAT NO. She's cute and in shape, who knows if she can dance, but really immature. Sarcasm and eye rolling don't translate well with DCC tryouts. The boyfriend is really opportunistic and skeevy, too. Wouldn't shock me if he's one of those guys who insists his girlfriend send her pics to Playboy and Penthouse. He gives me the creeps. This is the kind of guy my dad would have shot before he even got on the front porch, if I'd been naive enough to be impressed by him and tried to bring him home. Sorry if he's amazing, but that's my gut reaction.

Also - he says she's 21. I would've guessed 15 or 16.

• Love 2
(edited)

Cute video. I didn't see anything awful about it. It's fun to watch someone who was auditioning as a serious candidate (not as a goof) but was cool about it. Nice for once to see someone who isn't like "I've wanted this my whole life and I'll just DIE if I don't make it."

...but then you read this, and she's a little gushy. She fell for the hype, LOL. Anyway, she has a youtube channel with a few dance vids. Maddie Mayo. Also Instagram.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
(edited)
55 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Hmmm. Totally judemental on my part, I fully and wholeheartedly admit, but BIG FAT NO. She's cute and in shape, who knows if she can dance, but really immature. Sarcasm and eye rolling don't translate well with DCC tryouts. The boyfriend is really opportunistic and skeevy, too. Wouldn't shock me if he's one of those guys who insists his girlfriend send her pics to Playboy and Penthouse. He gives me the creeps. This is the kind of guy my dad would have shot before he even got on the front porch, if I'd been naive enough to be impressed by him and tried to bring him home. Sorry if he's amazing, but that's my gut reaction.

Also - he says she's 21. I would've guessed 15 or 16.

I actually i just saw her insta and 1st she can dance and just got a teaching job in dance studio in dallas & she posted about her DCC experience and she sounds really sweet ! 

I went thro some of his stuff on youtube and the story is they just moved to dallas & she was looking for a dancing job, i don't find him creepy i just think he comes off thinking that DCC is taken too seriously like most guys to be honest like most people ! The budding producer in me thinks she would a great story line on the show "The fish out of water" who decided to audition without any pervious knowledge. I like her i hope she makes it further next year  

20 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Cute video. I didn't see anything awful about it. It's fun to watch someone who was auditioning as a serious candidate (not as a goof) but was cool about it. Nice for once to see someone who isn't like "I've wanted this my whole life and I'll just DIE if I don't make it."

...but then you read this, and she's a little gushy. She fell for the hype, LOL. Anyway, she has a youtube channel with a few dance vids. Maddie Mayo. Also Instagram.

Edited by mmm
11 minutes ago, mmm said:

I actually i just saw her insta and 1st she can dance and just got a teaching job in dance studio in dallas & she posted about her DCC experience and she sounds really sweet ! 

I went thro some of his stuff on youtube and the story is they just moved to dallas & she was looking for a dancing job, i don't find him creepy i just think he comes off thinking that DCC is taken too seriously like most guys to be honest like most people ! The budding producer in me thinks she would a great story line on the show "The fish out of water" who decided to audition without any pervious knowledge. I like her i hope she makes it further next year  

I agree there is nothing wrong with the video , But the DCC are easily offended !!

I actually was more interested by the insight she gave about the prep class , i don't think we have ever seen an official prep class before !! 

I am dying to know which gave her the tights , only a former dcc would carry an extra tan tights in her bag , I thought this story was hilarious !! 

1 hour ago, mmm said:

I like her, she seems down to earth. I don't get a bad vibe from her boyfriend either.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I wonder whose the retired 5 year vet she was talking about.

She mentioned that one of the teachers is Asian , i think that has to be  Jessica Marie but i don't if her age line up, is she twenty seven ?

22 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

The cut vets posted a picture and hashtagged #beyond. I'm not sure if salty?

Both Allie and Raylee posted the same pic and almost the same hashtag. 

Unfortunately DCC is #beyond their reach. I still don't understand the Allie and Heather H. Cuts. Hopefully either an insider will share some inside information or the show will shed some light on this. I can see the drama now, Kelli counting down the names with not one, not two, but three veterans terrified and waiting for their name to be called. 

And call me a dumb butt, but what was the meaning of the #beyond hashtag last year? Is it here to stay?

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I heard that Raylee's solo was laughable it was so bad.

Yeah, I don't know if I heard 'bad' so much as it wasn't impressive at ALL.  Kind of like Jasmine's the year she got cut...kind of just shimmying around and not doing anything vet worthy. 

I didnt think Allie looked that much heavier but apparently she was 10 pounds up from the season and they already weren't a fan of her build. 

Heather H is the one i'll be interested to see what they say on the show...she is adorable.  Maybe they only wanted to keep one 'cutesy' girl on the squad and Maddie is such a fan favorite and incredible dancer/show group she was chosen? 

I think all 3 seem to be managing fine and keeping positive.  I'll be interested to see if any audition for other pro teams?  

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Heather H is the one i'll be interested to see what they say on the show...she is adorable.

I really loved her last season - she was just such a little powerhouse and I've always thought she was so adorable.  I can't imagine her dancing was off, and she is just as lovely as she's ever been, so I'm speculating that it must have been her interview that went wrong somehow.  It seems as though there have been veterans who have been late to interview for the past couple years running - perhaps she was one of them, and it threw her off.  I hope she's doing well, and I'm sad for her that she didn't make it back this year.

• Love 4

There are other ladies in the squad with the exact same shape as Allie. -Milan, Jessika, Robin, Simone and Selina.  Apparently they had Allie be the brunt of the shape, and all of these ladies are in fact lovely.  In fact on the swim suit shoot none of these ladies has fabulous pics from what was posted. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

There are other ladies in the squad with the exact same shape as Allie. -Milan, Jessika, Robin, Simone and Selina.  Apparently they had Allie be the brunt of the shape, and all of these ladies are in fact lovely.  In fact on the swim suit shoot none of these ladies has fabulous pics from what was posted. 

Gotta disagree that any of those girls are the "exact" same shape as Allie. Several of them do have boxier torsos/hips, but are much more endowed upstairs. The only girl you listed who has a more square shape and a smallish chest is Simone, but her body is still a lot different from Allie's. Not saying it's right if they cut her for body issues, but I don't quite see the comparison. I am bummed to see Allie go though, whatever the reasons may be. I certainly hope they don't try to spin a story about her being up in weight if that in fact isn't true.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

FYI Allie was actually down wt from last year not up.  Soooo not sure where that came from.    

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.  She was told to lose weight over the summer - 10 pounds- and she did.  But she gained it back. I've heard this from too many people who would know to believe otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Gotta disagree that any of those girls are the "exact" same shape as Allie. Several of them do have boxier torsos/hips, but are much more endowed upstairs. The only girl you listed who has a more square shape and a smallish chest is Simone, but her body is still a lot different from Allie's. Not saying it's right if they cut her for body issues, but I don't quite see the comparison. I am bummed to see Allie go though, whatever the reasons may be. I certainly hope they don't try to spin a story about her being up in weight if that in fact isn't true.

+1  

And they seem to be drifting from harping on weight like they used to.  It was pretty merciless in the past and they've barely mentioned it the past couple of seasons - even the Kashara and Holly thing their year was kind of thrown in last minute.  I have a feeling they will focus more on why some new people were chosen, not why some vets weren't. 

1 hour ago, SSgirl971 said:

By the looks of those PDC pictures Cersten seems to be an absolute blast to watch. She has so much energy! I would love to be able to watch her perform!

Same!!  Did she take her IG down?? i know she used to post dance clips there but i tried to find her the other day and couldn't.  maybe for her career she chose to remove it. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SSgirl971 said:

@LaurenBrook I believe she deleted all her social media for some reason! I just checked and can't find her on anything besides he dcc twitter handle!

ok, at least i am not going crazy LOL  I wonder if it has to do with med school stuff.  I had a friend who didn't have anything 'bad' at all on her social media but still got rid of it as her schooling became more serious. I'm just glad Cersten is back another year! she is so fun to watch. 

• Love 1

Regarding the veteran cuts,  it's interesting that nobody brings up the performance issue. Not their dance performance but their performance as employees. One or all of these women could have had issues during the season. To me, that's just as likely as anything else. I don't believe any of them had a solo horrible enough to by itself torpedo their DCC careeer, and I didn't see any weight issues in the pictures from the calendar trip. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Regarding the veteran cuts,  it's interesting that nobody brings up the performance issue. Not their dance performance but their performance as employees. One or all of these women could have had issues during the season. To me, that's just as likely as anything else. I don't believe any of them had a solo horrible enough to by itself torpedo their DCC careeer, and I didn't see any weight issues in the pictures from the calendar trip. 

I think Ally had some performance issues. Wasn't she called in with Amy and they talked about it. Little Heather was praised for being a sun spot and fun to watch. I adore her but if I had to guess I think she had some speaking issues. She was a little off in her interviews so maybe she bombed that part of it. Came across kind of ditzy. (Still mad about her cut though). I don't remember much of Raylee at all other than she wore the wrong outfit the first year. 

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

IIRC, someone on here was friends with Courtni Shea a few years back who was cut without any real reason other than she had blended all year and just didn't stand out. I'd guess that would be more of the reason these 3 ladies weren't brought back, that they just didn't stand out as vets and were outperformed, simple as that. My thought anyway. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, spazette said:

I'd guess that would be more of the reason these 3 ladies weren't brought back, that they just didn't stand out as vets and were outperformed, simple as that. My thought anyway. 

Wouldn't surprise me.  With regard to the cut veteran who got the Barbie last year, maybe she had a great solo but didn't really excel at their style, but was given a chance with the thought that eventually she would get better but didn't.

1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

I heard that Allie looked terrible at auditions.  

Physically looked terrible, or her dancing looked terrible?

(edited)

Well the Allie cut was not done from a fitness health cardio point of view. Let's remember that Allie won the Jay Fitness test last year meaning of everybody that was there she was the winner was deemed by Jay to be fit and healthy.

Why does Kelli put them through this and then tell the winner of 2015 and 2016 that they are overweight and need to lose 10 lbs STAT? To stick up for these girls, Holly and Allie, they were brought into training camp at the weight they tried out at. If vets are going to get cut for being fluffier than the year prior, why bring them in as rookies at a healthy weight and them tell them they MUST lose it or else? Why pick them to begin with? I think it is heartbreaking for Allie and Heather. This really is not right or healthy. 

Edited by TiaGrace
19 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Both Allie and Raylee posted the same pic and almost the same hashtag. 

Unfortunately DCC is #beyond their reach. I still don't understand the Allie and Heather H. Cuts. Hopefully either an insider will share some inside information or the show will shed some light on this. I can see the drama now, Kelli counting down the names with not one, not two, but three veterans terrified and waiting for their name to be called. 

And call me a dumb butt, but what was the meaning of the #beyond hashtag last year? Is it here to stay?

I could be wrong, but I thought it was the Cowboys football team hashtag during the final weeks of such a huge season for them, and the DCC just adopted it?

10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Not sure if this is where to post this or someone did already, but looks like prodance cheer site added a couple new photo albums from finals! 

http://prodancecheer.com/?p=44522

So many girls with one shoe. That drives me nuts. I totally get half soles and 'cheater shoes', but one full jazz shoe and the other foot bare or taped looks so off to me. It looks sloppy. I also hate ballet with no tights though, so I know I'm old school.

• Love 4