Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Just now, ellekotonyok said:

what did Yuko do? 

Go to the DCC Twitter account and the video that is posted of the kickline 3 days ago. Yuko is on the end and Cersten is next to her....smdh!

• Love 2
Just now, PDH said:

If a show group member made a mistake she would be pulled from the next performance be it regular or special. HOF was a very special once in a lifetime event so it has to be hard on H and J. I feel for them. 

Does being pulled for a mistake apply only to show group or the whole squad because the HOF game wasn't a show group performance?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, PDH said:

If a show group member made a mistake she would be pulled from the next performance be it regular or special. HOF was a very special once in a lifetime event so it has to be hard on H and J. I feel for them. 

I'm still wondering how big a performance mistake they would have to make to be pulled from something as special as the HOF, especially as that would mean restructuring routines and kickline? The only performances before HOF were at Oxnard. Were girls ever pulled from performance for other reasons. I ask because we had someone hear that said they saw Holly and Jenna at an 21+ club socializing with players and we all know that's a no no esp as Holly isn't 21 yet. Would fraternization lead to girls being pulled from performances?

• Love 1

Hi Shelly, interesting question. I did not mean to spoil anything here on this forum just stating historical events that have happened and witnessed as reason to be left out of next performances. As you know it was the standard. If that changed then things have softened. 

fraternization leads to girls getting cut any vet or rookie. 

• Love 2

I'm sure some DCC make mistakes from time to time they are only human. However, I can't imagine that those said mistakes would not be corrected before the next scheduled performance. As stated, they are World Class so they should be able to work out any kinks rather quickly!

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

If I'm counting correctly, there are 5 tweets after the high kick one.  July 26th was her last Twitter activity (she re-tweeted the one below):

Look at her hair though... Damn. It looks good!

That little girl is like "oh excuse me? I don't think so"

Edited by mcmrdh
added the little girl comment
13 minutes ago, PDH said:

Hi Shelly, interesting question. I did not mean to spoil anything here on this forum just stating historical events that have happened and witnessed as reason to be left out of next performances. As you know it was the standard. If that changed then things have softened. 

fraternization leads to girls getting cut any vet or rookie. 

SPOIL AWAY!!! WE WANT SPOILERS    LOL

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Where did Holly and Jenna screw up to be pulled? It's TC/pre-season time.

Holly made that one small error during one performance at Oxnard, but we've seen other girls make similar mistakes in videos throughout the season, and they never missed games or appearances, at least based on what's been stated here.  

I do think that there is something to Holly still having her twitter profile though. They've been a bit slower this year in removing profiles, but if the offense is so serious to warrant dismissal right before the season starts, you would think that they would be eager to remove DCC from her profile as well.

• Love 2

Holly and Jenna being out can't be due to some measly performance mistake especially with their rumors flying around. That may be a policy they're being lax on now because there have been mistakes in routines before and they didn't exclude the girl the next game. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PDH said:

Wanted to share something as a fmr DCC that if one makes a mistake in a performance or appearance they are usually not allowed to dance in the next performance. This could be the case with H and J. They still have their twitter accounts so they have not been cut. 

Welcome to the board!  Very good news that you do not think they have been cut, but a source said Holly quit. 

Also about this time, Shaun Smith ( a retired player?) did post a video of Holly dropping a Pom Pom from the sidelines and she did reply to him about staying off his phone during camp.  He then tweeted to Holly & DCCheerleaders " it was half time"?   Not sure when video was filmed but the video is gone but the exchange is still there on Twitter.  The exchange was 7/26/17.

Thank you for sharing!  

Edited by Jazzmom
Correct the date

Just think only  a full week and a few days until we can see why those vets were cut, and if Jenna and Holly are not cut as it was stated a few posts up, fraternization leads to dismissal making all of the rumors about Jenna and Dak untrue and all of the rumors of Holly and whomever untrue. What a tangled web so many weave.........

• Love 1
Just now, DCCroutineFAN said:

Just think only  a full week and a few days until we can see why those vets were cut, and if Jenna and Holly are not cut as it was stated a few posts up, fraternization leads to dismissal making all of the rumors about Jenna and Dak untrue and all of the rumors of Holly and whomever untrue. What a tangled web so many weave.........

It doesn't make the rumors untrue. It could mean they were just not enforced, or they weren't caught, as well as the possibility they aren't true. But I agree, Holly and Jenny need to stick to cheerleading and forget weaving. They're not that good at it.

• Love 12
On 8/6/2017 at 2:25 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

1) Spill the tea, please! We want deets! She's never been my fave. She is a good dancer, but something just rubs me the wrong way about her. Seems very stuck on herself, and she's definitely worn out her welcome to me.

Jenna has always been my least favorite.  Sydney is a close second.

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2017 at 3:17 PM, bigskygirl said:

The only weddings I remember Jenna being a part are Sydney and Kinzie's. I bet the girls act like they get along 24/7/365, but behind closed doors the gloves come off at times. Remember when Melissa R. said there were mean girls on the team calling her out for not going on the calendar shoot after saying she was leaving the squad and then coming back a few times. Of course she took it back once CMT ask her to be a judge and mentor on the show. Cannot bite the hand that fed you in the first place. I did like Jenna when she first tried out for the team, but I cannot stand her now. Sadly I cannot stand the majority of the girls from the last few years. To me the quality of the team went down after Season 5 and got worse after Season 6 especially Season 8 and 9.

Yeah, I wonder why SO many girls retired this year, some after only being on the team for a few years.  Anyone know?

• Love 1

Hi guys,

I was just wondering about the HOF game.  Why do you think they used Kashara at the point instead of Lacey or Jinelle who has seniority?  

4 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Yeah, I wonder why SO many girls retired this year, some after only being on the team for a few years.  Anyone know?

I know Megan retired to co-coach the pomline at the University of Arizona according to her instagram.

New to this board, but concerning Holly's status in Training Camp, are we all overlooking the obvious on her Tweet reply to the former Dallas Cowboys player Shaun Smith on July 26th. I thought that comment was a little "snarky" if you will. Shaun Smith initially tweeted out a video of her dropping her pom at some event. The Tweet by Shaun Smith was weird granted and he did tweet it to her personal Twitter handle(weird) along with the DCC official twitter account. Again her reply I thought was unprofessional, especially to a former Cowboys player. I'm going to assume that probably didn't sit well with K&J, and is probably a rules violation? Then less than 48 hours later the Holly is missing posts start happening...hmmm not a real believer in coincidences. 

Edited by McKinezeInFloMnd
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

omg - i was cringing during his segments - he's a complete fish out of water.  i don't mind that he's a judge, but stop trying to infuse your "glamour pov" into everything.  i fwd through his sections.

Who?

I really hope they announce a team today. I'm sure they're coming back from HOF festivities ready to see who did or didn't improve. If not today, then sometime this week. If someone is not getting it now, they're never gonna get it. 

46 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Hi guys,

I was just wondering about the HOF game.  Why do you think they used Kashara at the point instead of Lacey or Jinelle who has seniority?  

I know Megan retired to co-coach the pomline at the University of Arizona according to her instagram.

I think Lacey and Jinelle are lovely and excellent cheerleaders, putting that out there first. I think Kashara wins out because she's one of the women that gets used more often in promo videos, glamour girl (tho the cute and bubbly side of glamour for sure) and she's a bit more relatable. Jinelle and Lacey are both on the slimmer side, Kashara tends to be more voluptuous. 

I don't know if I ever saw Kashara at point, tho I love it, but I don't ever see Lacey or Jinelle being there. Who knows, tho?? They're all strong performers. I know Jenna is extra, but she has a ton of pop and is a great point as well when there's no dramaaaaaaazzzzz. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Who?

They were referring to Anthony Ramos

50 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

New to this board, but concerning Holly's status in Training Camp, are we all overlooking the obvious on her Tweet reply to the former Dallas Cowboys player Shaun Smith on July 26th. I thought that comment was a little "snarky" if you will. Shaun Smith initially tweeted out a video of her dropping her pom at some event. The Tweet by Shaun Smith was weird granted and he did tweet it to her personal Twitter handle(weird) along with the DCC official twitter account. Again her reply I thought was unprofessional, especially to a former Cowboys player. I'm going to assume that probably didn't sit well with K&J, and is probably a rules violation? Then less than 48 hours later the Holly is missing posts start happening...hmmm not a real believer in coincidences. 

I do remember in one season, I think it was one with Vivian in it, where the social media guy came in and told them not to @ the players on social media because to the outside it looks like the girls interacting with players. Maybe that was why things happened to her 

1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

Only 9 chose to retire, that's nothing compared to other years. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, ellekotonyok said:

They were referring to Anthony Ramos

I do remember in one season, I think it was one with Vivian in it, where the social media guy came in and told them not to @ the players on social media because to the outside it looks like the girls interacting with players. Maybe that was why things happened to her 

The problem I would have with that in this case is he tagged her first. I guess she could have just ignored it but that might be seen as rude as well. I really don't think that's as big as her possibly being in a club she's not old enough to be in socializing with players. Until we here from the DCC powers that be though who knows.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

The problem I would have with that in this case is he tagged her first. I guess she could have just ignored it but that might be seen as rude as well. I really don't think that's as big as her possibly being in a club she's not old enough to be in socializing with players. Until we here from the DCC powers that be though who knows.

Is the rule that they cannot date players or that they're not supposed to socialize with them at all?

6 hours ago, PDH said:

This may sound harsh but no, I do not think it is too excessive.  This is a  "World Class" organization.  Erica's injury is not a performance mistake, two very different things.

I was on show group and cheered in the 90s. I remain active in alumni events and mentor candidates. 

Yes even stumbling in the kick line.

I did not witness favoritism while I was there. 

Oh I don't think for a second Erica being pulled from performances was related to anything other than injury. I apologize if it sounded that way. I hope she can recover in time to do some performances soon.

Did you dance with ShellyB at all? I'm picturing copious amounts of scrunchies, Aquanet and Snackwells. Glad the tribal and floral prints are back in, but the 90s can keep the Snackwells LOL.

When almuni mentor candidates, are they assigned by DCC, or do they just see some girls who need help and volunteer? Glad to have you on board.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Oh I don't think for a second Erica being pulled from performances was related to anything other than injury. I apologize if it sounded that way. I hope she can recover in time to do some performances soon.

Did you dance with ShellyB at all? I'm picturing copious amounts of scrunchies, Aquanet and Snackwells. Glad the tribal and floral prints are back in, but the 90s can keep the Snackwells LOL.

When almuni mentor candidates, are they assigned by DCC, or do they just see some girls who need help and volunteer? Glad to have you on board.

Hey I liked the devil's food and marshmallow Snackwells LOL

Seriously though you have to tell us what it was like cheering in the 90s.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Hey I liked the devil's food and marshmallow Snackwells LOL

Seriously though you have to tell us what it was like cheering in the 90s.

YES! Devil's Food Snackwells and Clearly Canadian = so good!

Did they still have those huge poms in the 90s? Most high school teams had small poms by then, but not sure about pro teams in bigger stadiums.

Anyway..............so looking forward to the team being announced this year. Seems like it's dragged on longer than usual.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

YES! Devil's Food Snackwells and Clearly Canadian = so good!

Did they still have those huge poms in the 90s? Most high school teams had small poms by then, but not sure about pro teams in bigger stadiums.

Anyway..............so looking forward to the team being announced this year. Seems like it's dragged on longer than usual.

Clearly Canadian - le sigh they rereleased but in such a small amount there was no way I was getting any, wish I could get it again

Oh yeah the poms, @PDH and @ShellyB did y'all have the big poms or the new smaller ones? How heavy were they? Man I would think those would give you some great arm muscles.

yep sitting her waiting on the team announcement like giphy.gif 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think Lacey and Jinelle are lovely and excellent cheerleaders, putting that out there first. I think Kashara wins out because she's one of the women that gets used more often in promo videos, glamour girl (tho the cute and bubbly side of glamour for sure) and she's a bit more relatable. Jinelle and Lacey are both on the slimmer side, Kashara tends to be more voluptuous. 

I don't know if I ever saw Kashara at point, tho I love it, but I don't ever see Lacey or Jinelle being there. Who knows, tho?? They're all strong performers. I know Jenna is extra, but she has a ton of pop and is a great point as well when there's no dramaaaaaaazzzzz. 

i like Jenna at point as well. What surprised me is Cersten, whom I adore, took Kashara's spot in the triangle.  They must really like her.

• Love 4

In the past, it seemed like K & J were quite sympathetic how the pressure of not knowing who had made the team could affect the TCCs. Season 5 was an exception when they waited to announce the team until right before they took the squad photo, leaving Stephanie Heyman hanging. 

I understand this season is different, extra episodes, special events, etc. But it seems unfair to drag it out so long like this. If you have to make an in season cut down the road, so be it. They know it's always a possibility. 

I'd forgotten all about Snackwells. You ended up eating eight to feel the same way after you ate two real cookies, ha ha.,

• Love 4
On 8/6/2017 at 9:03 PM, lfedncr said:

The majority of comments regarding Holly are not rumors...they are facts.  Earlier in the stream there were pics posted of her and Jenna at the club.  Many still ask why Allie moved out after only 6 weeks with her last year.  It was posted and removed. 

Delete.

Edited by parrotfeathers
5 minutes ago, hypeman said:

i like Jenna at point as well. What surprised me is Cersten, whom I adore, took Kashara's spot in the triangle.  They must really like her.

I'm over Jenna, but she'd be great at point. Truth is truth.

Cersten - you know I love her LOL. When was the last time a 2nd year was in the triangle? That says a whole lot. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

In the past, it seemed like K & J were quite sympathetic how the pressure of not knowing who had made the team could affect the TCCs. Season 5 was an exception when they waited to announce the team until right before they took the squad photo, leaving Stephanie Heyman hanging. 

I understand this season is different, extra episodes, special events, etc. But it seems unfair to drag it out so long like this. If you have to make an in season cut down the road, so be it. They know it's always a possibility. 

I'd forgotten all about Snackwells. You ended up eating eight to feel the same way after you ate two real cookies, ha ha.,

Could it be that the HOF game is delaying the team being finalized. Now that they are back I would imagine that they will look to see how the ladies have progressed while they were away.  

Think of all the lbs that were added when Snackwells first came out since they were "fat free"

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Could it be that the HOF game is delaying the team being finalized. Now that they are back I would imagine that they will look to see how the ladies have progressed while they were away.  

Think of all the lbs that were added when Snackwells first came out since they were "fat free"

I hope that now HoF is over that K&J take this week to do one last hard look at them before doing their best "cut on their gut".   

I can guarantee there were plenty of acid washed jeans-clad women bemoaning the fact that their pants were getting tighter, not looser, after eating Snackwells. ?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm over Jenna, but she'd be great at point. Truth is truth.

Cersten - you know I love her LOL. When was the last time a 2nd year was in the triangle? That says a whole lot. 

Was Crystal Trevino up there as a second year? I don't think so, but if someone was, she might be my guess. I've been a Cersten fan since the fan videos last year - she stood alone as having a handle on the choreography.  I know that part of her positioning now is due to circumstance - Erica injured, Jenna and Holly out, but still...she jumped a bunch of people who are more senior than her. It will be interesting to see what they do when Jenna returns (will it be a "you did your time and can slide back in your old spot" or a "you blew it" type of thing). I thought Jenna looked great at point at Oxnard, but Kashara looked great as well. I know Lacey isn't quite as glam, but I think she would be fine there as well, and of course, there is Erica too. 

• Love 5

I've been a Cersten fan since Day One. She really gives it her all. Her first-year solo was amazing, she just exploded with energy. Can't wait to see how she does this year. 

• Love 7

I love Kashara at point! She just shines and has that sex appeal I think is missing from others. I liked Jenna as point also, she has extra pop and all but Kashara won me over. I'm at the point of being over Jenna and think she probably should have just hung up the boots after last season. 

• Love 8

Are they actually running that behind announcing this year's team compared to other seasons? The first home game for the Cowboys isn't until the 19th...almost two weeks away. They've waited until this point before, sometimes even week of IIRC. Add in the HOF festivities and this week seems about right. 

I just looked at Wiki and seasons 3-6 aired in OCTOBER...can you imagine? Even last year was the end of August. We were getting all antsy just waiting until August 3. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 2

This may be an unpopular opinion - but I like Jenna. Yes she has some posts that can be taken a certain way but at the same time I know if I looked through my posts - I'd probably have some odd ones. One thing that I think is quickly forgotten is that these women are real people- who make mistakes, and say wrong things and also that they are younger. The old saying of "If I knew then what I know now." 

For the strength of the dancing / overall power of dancing - I hope Jenna and Holly are still on the team and active - not on probation.  In watching the clips from the hall of fame game - while the dancing was good - it was missing something - aggressiveness? Power? Pop? Maybe the incoming rookies will add some but the clips I saw just seemed to be missing a sense of some spark that I've seen in previous years.

Edited by Domino9062
Rewording
  • Love 9

I don't think K+J should sacrifice the squads reputation by letting girls get away with behavior that is made clear against their contract just because they're popular and better dancers. As much as I'm a fan of Holly's performance, I'm not a fan of her supposed behavior, Jenna's either. Punishments are a harsh reality but necessary if they want to keep their image which is the main reason they have a show in the first place. 

• Love 6

My thing is - we don't know the full story on what happened. All we "know" is snippets from social media and a bit of insider info.  Honestly we may never know.  From a dancing perspective Jenna and Holly and great dancers.  K and J I'm sure will have to weigh that against whatever is going on. Hopefully - and maybe I'm just being overly optimistic - hopefully there will be some lessons learned from this entire thing for all parties- including those dcc and tcc who are just watching this unfold. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

@ShellyB is it still standard for girls how make performance mistakes to be pulled from the next performance?

Depends....missing a kick, dropping a leg in the leg lift would potentially take someone out of the next performane. I can't remember the last time something like that has happened, the team is so well rehearsed. Now, occasionally stumbles and minor brain farts happen. No one is perfect and things haven't softened. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Oh yeah the poms, @PDH and @ShellyB did y'all have the big poms or the new smaller ones? How heavy were they? Man I would think those would give you some great arm muscles.

I had big poms 4 out of the 5 years I cheered. 3x the size of today's poms. Our arms were very toned. 

• Love 6

I think the rumors of Jenna dating a Cowboys player could be squashed by her latest instagram post. She posted a photo of her and a guy in a swimming pool. As for the Holly situation it'll be interesting to see if they remove her account. I have a feeling they will after they announce the squad

13 minutes ago, Angie said:

I think the rumors of Jenna dating a Cowboys player could be squashed by her latest instagram post. She posted a photo of her and a guy in a swimming pool. As for the Holly situation it'll be interesting to see if they remove her account. I have a feeling they will after they announce the squad

By the time the rumors came around they were already "over" anyway. 

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

By the time the rumors came around they were already "over" anyway. 

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that info. Why wouldn't K &  J sack Jenna like they probably did to Paige for dating a Cowboys player.