Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Tried to get an idea of where we're at, 38 as of now. (I know we're in a gray area with Holly right now so don't shout at me for thinking she's out already. Silence speaks volumes at this point)  It's really hard to tell some girls apart from their headshots so if something's incorrect let me know, the blondes look all similar this year. 

IMG_1993.JPG

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1

I am betting only 1 more cut -l...they need everyone else as the Vets are dropping like flies ....they will stay 37.  It doesn't matter if they deserve to be there or not bodies count for numbers ?????

Edited by lfedncr
2 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

I am betting only 1 more cut -l...they need everyone else as the Vets are dropping like flies ....they will stay 37 

Was there another vet cut besides Holly?

2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Was there another vet cut besides Holly?

The three cut in finals.

5 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

I am betting only 1 more cut -l...they need everyone else as the Vets are dropping like flies ....they will stay 37.  It doesn't matter if they deserve to be there or not bodies count for numbers ?????

This is what frustrates me though. I don't think cutting vets means taking TCC for numbers. Take them for ability fine, but 36 doesn't have the be the magic number. They're had 32 before and I don't see why they couldn't go low again. I just get frustrated every year having those struggle girls who make it and then get cut the next year.

• Love 1

I though Shelly said that Holly and/or Jenna was just busy with Camp DCC.  Wouldn't that be over by now though?  If both of them are with Camp DCC, that could explain why they weren't at the Hall of Fame stuff, but it doesn't explain Holly's social media silence.

1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

I though Shelly said that Holly and/or Jenna was just busy with Camp DCC.  Wouldn't that be over by now though?  If both of them are with Camp DCC, that could explain why they weren't at the Hall of Fame stuff, but it doesn't explain Holly's social media silence.

No one's said anything about Holly, and if she was only on probation like Jenna she would have posted something by now like Jenna did to make her presence still known. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Tried to get an idea of where we're at, 38 as of now. (I know we're in a gray area with Holly right now so don't shout at me for thinking she's out already. Silence speaks volumes at this point)  It's really hard to tell some girls apart from their headshots so if something's incorrect let me know, the blondes look all similar this year. 

IMG_1993.JPG

Hey thanks for this. But who are the group leaders. I actually don't know. And forgive me..I didn't know there were 2nds. Don't hate me. I am still learning how these threads work. So Cersten is now leader of group 2? Glugg glugg girggle...drowning in a pool of duh. 

3 minutes ago, Darkflame562 said:

Hey thanks for this. But who are the group leaders. I actually don't know. And forgive me..I didn't know there were 2nds. Don't hate me. I am still learning how these threads work. So Cersten is now leader of group 2? Glugg glugg girggle...drowning in a pool of duh. 

Cersten isn't a leader. GL have "Second" leaders kind of like an assistant of sorts. 
G1 Leader is Jenna, Amy L second

G2 Leader is Jinelle, Bess is second

G3 is Lacey, Robin is second

G4 is Erica, Kashara is second. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Cersten isn't a leader. GL have "Second" leaders kind of like an assistant of sorts. 
G1 Leader is Jenna, Amy L second

G2 Leader is Jinelle, Bess is second

G3 is Lacey, Robin is second

G4 is Erica, Kashara is second. 

Bless you... Now I lay me down to sleep and pray....NO MORE JUICY NEWS TIL I WAKE UP.....(biggest cheesy smile ever). But honestly thanks. Lacey rocks. I have always liked her even demeanor. I will be interested in how Jinelle influences her group. I don't know much about Amy L. , Kashara being point really surprised me, but I love her personality and pray she can stay humble and not pull a Jenado (shortened Jenna plus shortened tornado- a whirlwind of crazy ego). I love this forum.

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

The three cut in finals.

This is what frustrates me though. I don't think cutting vets means taking TCC for numbers. Take them for ability fine, but 36 doesn't have the be the magic number. They're had 32 before and I don't see why they couldn't go low again. I just get frustrated every year having those struggle girls who make it and then get cut the next year.

I don't see why it can't go higher either - like to 40, as big as the stadium is,

anybody know if Cersten is still planning to go to medical school?  Her story last year (when she was a TCC/rookie) moved me.  Also, I know a few college students who too aspire to go to med school and was wondering how do you go from undergrad to a surgical tech, when being a tech can require months of training - like going though a community college program. And then to balance being in surgeries with the DCC schedule.. wow. the standing alone..

Edited by sATL

But ....it gets better....she is SO PROUD of this team of vets..:..and yet she breaks the rules and thy can't . I am sorry but REALLY she is so good she can't be replaced ???? Come on K&J

IMG_1704.PNG

4 minutes ago, sATL said:

I don't see why it can't go higher either - like to 40, as big as the stadium is,

anybody know if Cersten is still planning to go to medical school?  Her story last year (when she was a TCC/rookie) moved me.  Also, I know a few college students who too aspire to go to med school and was wondering how do you go from undergrad to a surgical tech, when being a tech can require months of training - like going though a community college program. And then to balance being in surgeries with the DCC schedule.. wow. the standing alone..

I think budget comes into play with how many they take from what I've heard. I think one year (way back) they had 39, but it would be cool to have 40. I think their formula has always worked for them to aim for 36 though. If they started doing 40, they'd have to take more into training camp, and some years the talents just not there. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
26 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think budget comes into play with how many they take from what I've heard. I think one year (way back) they had 39, but it would be cool to have 40. I think their formula has always worked for them to aim for 36 though. If they started doing 40, they'd have to take more into training camp, and some years the talents just not there. 

Nothing to do with budget and everything to do with space on the sidelines. 36 is a perfect number, not to small and not too big. It was once 32 on the field with 4 alternates....in the locker room. It changed to 36 in the 90s. There's no magic number for TCCs either. 

• Love 2

I was thinking about what Kelly said about having 2 legacies - does it specifically mean just former DCC's or anyone who was part of the organization. Coz during prelims, someone introduced herself as a former players daughter. Maybe that was the other legacy? 

7 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

It is ironic though because Hooters women wear more clothing than dcc. Also, they serve some of the same purpose. No need to beat around a bush...they are both eye candy. Hooters women probably make more money too.

what does the amount of clothing they wear have to do with relative value?  And how are being a waitress and being a professional dancer "serving some of the same purpose"?  If you mean the fact that perhaps both groups of women are chosen in part because of how they look, and you have then chosen to relegate their relative achievements and accomplishments as no more than the sum of that fact, and diminish them in that light, that is a stunningly ignorant attitude.  Finally, the idea that the amount of money they might make (or not make) somehow vindicates what they do is terribly odd.  I get that this isn't a fan site, but it seriously doesn't have to be a misogynistic one, either.

Anyway.  The show tonight was a lot of fun to watch, and I'm excited to see what happens over the course of auditions - I really like Briana, among others, and I'm also rooting for Brennan - she had a great attitude and I'm hoping for her sake she makes it all the way through this year.  I loved the mother-daughter focus this season, and the mama that came in with her girl was adorable (as was her daughter, and Shelly and Dayton).  

Really hoping iTunes shapes up soon so I can order the season ?

• Love 1

@raindancer I ordered the season pass from iTunes & downloaded the first episode 6 hours ago! I didn't realise that they were out of order in the iTunes Store - I had to scroll all the way over as season 12 was listed last on my screen. (It started at season 11 and then was in descending order... with season 12 tucked at the end ?)

i hope that helps :-)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pinknblue said:

@raindancer I ordered the season pass from iTunes & downloaded the first episode 6 hours ago! I didn't realise that they were out of order in the iTunes Store - I had to scroll all the way over as season 12 was listed last on my screen. (It started at season 11 and then was in descending order... with season 12 tucked at the end ?)

i hope that helps :-)

you are awesome, thank you so much!!!  Had been looking obsessively and was very sad when I couldn't find it yet lol 

• Love 1

Jenna isn't above the rest of them if you ask me and she is setting a REALLY BAD example to everyone else. It makes it look even worse because of her veteran stats and the fact that she is currently Group 1 Leader.

The way I see it is, IF she was my employee (I know she is not but I am saying IF - for example - she is) then I would have sacked her on the spot last year when the rumors of her "bad behavior" surfaced. Why? Because in the DCC world (correct me if I am wrong), the way I see the group leader and group 2nds is that they (the group leaders/2nds) are seen as the managers and supervisors (which is below the manager). So in a work environment the manager/supervisors ARE SUPPOSED to set an example of how the employees are supposed to work and behave in and outside of work. Because at the end of the day you are representing the company at times and there maybe times when (for example) you could be on your day off and you meet someone (maybe) a client etc and if they see you behaving badly they could report you to higher up and you could basically get sacked if that gets back to your employers.

So as far as I am concerned during one of the seasons (I think it was season 6 or 7) where during that first meeting, where Kelly was talking to them about what they should do, I remenber Kelli saying something along the lines of "when you are deciding what to do ask yourself these questions. Would these decision HARM the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders/Dallas Cowboys. Would you bet your position on it? What would my family and friends say". That in itself makes me think Jenna don't ask them questions anymore and frankly is pushing K + J's buttons as far as she is concerned and I will say it again she seems to think K + J would not get rid of her and why is there one set of rule for 1 person but then a completely different rule for someone else on the same situation? (EG IF the rumors from last year that Jenna dated a Cowboys why was she not asked to leave/sacked? Because its not exactly fair to ask Paige to leave or sack Paige for dating a Cowboys - I don't know whether Paige was sacked or was asked to leave before the end of her 3rd season so if I'm wrong correct me - and basically Jenna get away with it last year when that rumor surfaced. Even IF Jenna "dating" a Cowboys is or was a rumor its basically in "the same page" as Paige dating a Cowboy and I know Paige dating a cowboy is true but that rumor of Jenna doing it, I cannot see K + J taking that lightly and I see them seeing it as a probation and more than likely sacked). Its like that saying Jenna is (in my eyes) "getting away with murder" with her actions. There's another saying "actions speaks louder" and at times that is true. I mean K + J have eyes and ears from other members of the Cowboys staff members who also knows just as much and more than likely report what they see about the girls back to K + J (Shelly if I got this wrong please correct me, as I rather be corrected if I am wrong then carrying on making a wrong assumption). I always thought K + J had someone who basically did background check on the girls eg someone on the Cowboy staff does the social media checks of the girls.

So I find it hard to believe this isn't the final warning for Jenna or Holly I mean if we go by the rumors isn't this like the 3rd rumors we heard where Jenna and Holly had stepped out of line like the 1st rumor was of them dating a cowboy the 2nd is going out to some concert? (I forgot what but must have been some thing about some night out that they shouldn't have gone to) and 3rd that night club rumor where Holly was still "under age" (I mean I don't know exactly the age limit for everything over in the US but in the UK its 18 to get most things like get into the night clubs, some are 21 depending on the club but you do have to be 18 minimum).

I honestly like Holly better than Jenna at times I also rather watch Holly dance than Jenna. Jenna is getting too big for her boots and I personally think she is just manged to stay on the squad by the skin of her teeth because of her veteran status and the fact she is a group leader (tho I will ask this question again, what happens of Jenna gets asked to leave? Does that mean Group 1 would need a new Group leader or Assistant Leader?)

What exactly did Jenna do? If it's that bad, why wasn't she kicked off the team? I find it hard to believe that she's so special to be kept on even though she supposedly constantly breaks the rules. Kelli doesn't give off the vibe that she cares for any one girl more than she cares about the team as a whole. I don't think Jenna is that much of an asset to the team that they wouldn't just cut her. I mean if the rumors from last year were true, would theybhave even let her back on the team and then make her group 1 leader? Wouldn't they have seen her as too much of a risk and cut her along with the three other veterans they cut?

Jenna doesn't bother me. She's young and seems to enjoy what she does. Her teammates seem to love her and I don't get a bitchy vibe from her at all. She's obviously on some kind of probation right now, but she's still working for the organization. We've all messed up at work before, we just didn't have a bunch of people following us on social media and wondering why our bosses didn't just fire us. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sATL said:

Where I work, surg tech is the title of he people who assist in surgeries, instead of it referring to a specific degree. Some of them do have a 2 year surg tech degree, some are nursing students (going for various RN degrees - asn, bsn, crna - so some are in school and some have graduated and working on higher degrees), some have biology or another science degree like Cersten. Some rose in in the ranks from patient care providers to surg techs. Then there's surg tech 1, surg tech 2, etc with more responsibilities based on experience and education. 

Cersten could be doing anything from loading autoclaves and prepping rooms to actually handing surgeons scalpels during procedures.

If she's trying to get into a specific school, get grades up, improvebon MCAT, etc. I admire her for working while she's preparing. She may even be having so much fun as a DCC that's she's taking her time with med school. Cersten seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

I was thinking about what Kelly said about having 2 legacies - does it specifically mean just former DCC's or anyone who was part of the organization. Coz during prelims, someone introduced herself as a former players daughter. Maybe that was the other legacy? 

@ShellyB who was the other legacy who auditioned (daughter whose mother was a DCC), besides Dayton? 

5 hours ago, raindancer said:

what does the amount of clothing they wear have to do with relative value?  And how are being a waitress and being a professional dancer "serving some of the same purpose"?  If you mean the fact that perhaps both groups of women are chosen in part because of how they look, and you have then chosen to relegate their relative achievements and accomplishments as no more than the sum of that fact, and diminish them in that light, that is a stunningly ignorant attitude.  Finally, the idea that the amount of money they might make (or not make) somehow vindicates what they do is terribly odd.  I get that this isn't a fan site, but it seriously doesn't have to be a misogynistic one, either.

Let's be honest here the girls at both Hooters and professional cheerleading wear short tight uniforms to draw attention. They sell swimsuit calendars to draw attention and revenue. I'm not doing this is a bad thing both groups of women know this is part of the job and clearly have no problem with it so why should we. Both of these have been jobs women have held while going to college for a full time career. That was @WichitaStateShock's point when she said some of the same purpose, they are there to draw attention, often male, that is not a bad thing but it is what it is. Neither of the two of us were relegating these women to solely their looks merely defending the poster who said that in the NYC dance world the DCC are on the level of Hooters girls. I read that initial post to mean girls who dance as a full time career or seem to dance as a full time career see less prestige in sideline dancing than in what they do much as servers in high end restaurants who have chosen that as there career might look at Hooters girls as having less prestige. They all do their jobs, hopefully all well. They enjoy what they do. It was simply an explanation of how they were/are viewed.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Where I work, surg tech is the title of he people who assist in surgeries, instead of it referring to a specific degree. Some of them do have a 2 year surg tech degree, some are nursing students (going for various RN degrees - asn, bsn, crna - so some are in school and some have graduated and working on higher degrees), some have biology or another science degree like Cersten. Some rose in in the ranks from patient care providers to surg techs. Then there's surg tech 1, surg tech 2, etc with more responsibilities based on experience and education. 

Cersten could be doing anything from loading autoclaves and prepping rooms to actually handing surgeons scalpels during procedures.

If she's trying to get into a specific school, get grades up, improvebon MCAT, etc. I admire her for working while she's preparing. She may even be having so much fun as a DCC that's she's taking her time with med school. Cersten seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

Very good points. I admire her too. I share her story with my offspring's friends who are currently plotting to go to med school and/or law school.  She came out of 4 yr undergrad at a great school with a plan and profession that she could go into right away, while still keeping her eyes on the goal of med school. when she articulated her story, yes, not only I was admired, but she won my heart . Many graduate in the natural sciences majors but then "life" happens and they don't go on  to med school and then have to spend more time, and perhaps more $$, trying to get a job. And yes, the girl can dance. I don't remember her being called out by K&J. I know she is a great ambassador for the team. I just hope she continues on with her plans, when she gets into the school of her choice/specialty and not wait just to get the 5yr mark of a DCC.

I look forward to hearing the back stories of the TCC this year. Yes, dance is fun, great, keeps you in shape, but tell me about your life outside of dance. Next week we will hear from someone that will not make it into camp, and they don't have a backup plan for "tomorrow". And for those that do, and get to the 5yr mark, then what? Some seasons they do a quick tribute to the retirees, but it would be nice to hear what the women who are still in their 20s, plan to do, other than the most common answer "I plan to teach dance classes and hopefully own my a studio"

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, sATL said:

Very good points. I admire her too. I share her story with my offspring's friends who are currently plotting to go to med school and/or law school.  She came out of 4 yr undergrad at a great school with a plan and profession that she could go into right away, while still keeping her eyes on the goal of med school. when she articulated her story, yes, not only I was admired, but she won my heart . Many graduate in the natural sciences majors but then "life" happens and they don't go on  to med school and then have to spend more time, and perhaps more $$, trying to get a job. And yes, the girl can dance. I don't remember her being called out by K&J. I know she is a great ambassador for the team. I just hope she continues on with her plans, when she gets into the school of her choice/specialty and not wait just to get the 5yr mark of a DCC.

I look forward to hearing the back stories of the TCC this year. Yes, dance is fun, great, keeps you in shape, but tell me about your life outside of dance. Next week we will hear from someone that will not make it into camp, and they don't have a backup plan for "tomorrow". And for those that do, and get to the 5yr mark, then what? Some seasons they do a quick tribute to the retirees, but it would be nice to hear what the women who are still in their 20s, plan to do, other than the most common answer "I plan to teach dance classes and hopefully own my a studio"

I really like DCC Cersten, but want to see Dr. Cersten even more.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

@ShellyB who was the other legacy who auditioned (daughter whose mother was a DCC), besides Dayton? 

Her name is Bianca...her mom is Stacey Malmay. She cheered during the Super Bowl years.

4 hours ago, bk10 said:

What exactly did Jenna do? If it's that bad, why wasn't she kicked off the team? I find it hard to believe that she's so special to be kept on even though she supposedly constantly breaks the rules. Kelli doesn't give off the vibe that she cares for any one girl more than she cares about the team as a whole. I don't think Jenna is that much of an asset to the team that they wouldn't just cut her. I mean if the rumors from last year were true, would theybhave even let her back on the team and then make her group 1 leader? Wouldn't they have seen her as too much of a risk and cut her along with the three other veterans they cut?

Jenna doesn't bother me. She's young and seems to enjoy what she does. Her teammates seem to love her and I don't get a bitchy vibe from her at all. She's obviously on some kind of probation right now, but she's still working for the organization. We've all messed up at work before, we just didn't have a bunch of people following us on social media and wondering why our bosses didn't just fire us. 

We don't know lol. The two rumors are that 1) she was dating a player last year; and 2) she was at a club a few weeks ago (where it has been stated that EE got in a fight that night). Holly was reportedly with her at the club,which is a 21 and up club. Jenna is old enough to be in there. Holly is not. Everything is based on rumors, but some of these rumors came from people who have provided legit insider information in the past. The stuff about Jenna constantly breaking rules, being a brat, showboat, or disliked by her teammates seems to be people's personal opinions or speculation. Social media accounts from other DCCs doesn't indicate that she's disliked at all, and if anything, seems BFFs with everyone, but you never know what the real dynamics are on a team. The seemingly sweetest girls to the outside world are anything but lol. That's one reason why I took the "Megan is mean and awful" rumors last year with a grain of salt, could be true, could not be. Who knows. 

I am a bit confused about the Paige comparison from upthread. Wasn't the story on her that she quit and then put proceeded to put up a bunch of pics and other stuff that made her relationship with her football player BF very public (not really blaming her or anything, if she found her future husband, good for her!). Not seeing the huge comparison. She obviously was over hiding her relationship.

As for Cersten, I really hope she gets into medical school if that is still her goal. I remember that one my friend's husband took a couple of years after undergrad to go take classes and get better grade in several courses, and he ended up getting in a top notch med school, so it seems rather common not to go straight through after undegrad. It's also possible that she's decided on something else. 

• Love 4

I am glad you mentioned Jenna, DCCFan. I have never been a fan of hers. It seemed like her family uprooted themselves in order to pursue her dream. That, to me, smacked of complete selfishness, especially since she has a sibling. Reiner was really off put by her look during the judging process. Now that she has allegedly embarrassed herself, maybe in hind sight those judges should have listened up and kept her off the team. She is not all that.

I think Holly is one of the best dancers on the squad, but obviously her level of maturity needs improvement. Maybe her quitting the team was a way to save face. I am willing to wager that JennaHollygate gets swept under the rug and not mentioned.

@ShellyB (and or anyone that knows) :Basic DCC audition 101 question: Why do you have to resign from your current professional cheerleader position, to try out for another ? 

The NBA season is more than 1/2 over in the spring and the NHL & NFL are in their off season.

I guess I am asking from a corporate America background - don't quit one job before you have another. ☺

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, lfedncr said:

But ....it gets better....she is SO PROUD of this team of vets..:..and yet she breaks the rules and thy can't . I am sorry but REALLY she is so good she can't be replaced ???? Come on K&J

IMG_1704.PNG

Looking at this post with the accompanying picture, Jenna states she is proud of "THIS" team, meaning the team pictured below?? Without Holly? And the group of "Veterans" (capitalized by her) we have, again without Holly?   Jenna seems to always be cryptic in her messages since announcing her retirement last year right after the Pro Bowl cheerleader was announced.  I hope Holly was not thrown under the bus by Jenna in order to save herself...lol.. and I can only hope Holly has an offer she couldn't refuse and had to retire.  

• Love 2

I'm not sure who all was asking about Cersten and medical school (there were a few postings I couldn't find the original question).... There was a deleted clip from last season where Kitty presses her pretty hard on DCC "not being her first priority" and Cersten was explaining that the earliest she could enter med school was fall 2017 but that she thought it might not be until fall 2018.

As far as I can tell (I have no insider information!) she's still on target for a 2018 entry and I hope she takes it as I love her story too.

12 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Funny that you should ask. I tried out with my friend to be her support, with very little knowledge of the organization. She had been approached by a former DCC about auditions. I made it she did not. Maybe 2 - 3 weeks before prelims when I decided. It was a whirlwind I landed I training camp. Clueless about everything in the world of DCC, confident in dancing, somehow I made the cut. 

Need a LOVE button :)

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

I'm not sure who all was asking about Cersten and medical school (there were a few postings I couldn't find the original question).... There was a deleted clip from last season where Kitty presses her pretty hard on DCC "not being her first priority" and Cersten was explaining that the earliest she could enter med school was fall 2017 but that she thought it might not be until fall 2018.

As far as I can tell (I have no insider information!) she's still on target for a 2018 entry and I hope she takes it as I love her story too.

I asked the original ? about 10 hrs ago  (10 PM EST 8/4). When a little more recent post showed the team, with "X"s over some, I saw Cersten picture and I was glad to see her. Kitty is one of the "ole school" minded folks, that the DCC must be first, middle and last on someone's agenda. I'm glad Cersten stood her ground. I think there was another dancer who too was planning on dentistry? I think, that was on Kitty's radar.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

We don't know lol. The two rumors are that 1) she was dating a player last year; and 2) she was at a club a few weeks ago (where it has been stated that EE got in a fight that night). Holly was reportedly with her at the club, which is a 21 and up club. Jenna is old enough to be in there. Holly is not. . 

Not to endorse anyone who goes to a club while is underage, but I'm sure it's not the first and sad to say, won't be the last, someone managed to get in somewhere, while an underage DCC.  And not to pass blame, but some finger pointing has to be directed at the people at the door. Did they really check IDs, or did they use their celebrity status to get in? Did someone press charges? It does seem a little out of character for anyone under age, participating in a bar fight. Normally the "age crashers" kinda blend into the crowd - stay low, not trying to be "seen", not staying in one spot to long, not engaging in lingering conversations with strangers . I just hope the punishment fit the crime.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

really like DCC Cersten,

Good to see some Cersten love!  I like her too, also why Jessica's group was my absolute fave last year. Even though I could only see her perform barely in the videos of that group performing she was behind Erica and Kashara and they are faves of mine. Cersten is dynamic and flirty but not in a "I'm so sexy look at me" kinda way. She makes it look fun and is fun to watch.  Honestly I think she is absolutely beautiful too, Docta C! Can't wait to see more of her in the show group performances.  If she stays with DCC past this year she has point girl potential for sure.   

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, sATL said:

Not to endorse anyone who goes to a club while is underage, but I'm sure it's not the first and sad to say, won't be the last, someone managed to get in somewhere, while an underage DCC.  And not to pass blame, but some finger pointing has to be directed at the people at the door. Did they really check IDs, or did they use their celebrity status to get in? Did someone press charges? It does seem a little out of character for anyone under age, participating in a bar fight. Normally the "age crashers" kinda blend into the crowd - stay low, not trying to be "seen", not staying in one spot to long, not engaging in lingering conversations with strangers .

I agree. I was just listing the actual rumors that we have heard. I have to assume though that there is likely be more to the story, if the issues stem from that club visit (which may not even be the case). Both of them went to Oxnard after all, and that was after the club night. 

• Love 2

Did the rumors about Holly and Jenna start AFTER Oxnard or before?  If they came out AFTER Oxnard, then that makes the timing more accurate as to the organization taking the time to really look at the rumors, talk to Holly and Jenna, then decide and implement the punishment, if any was made.  If the rumors came out BEFORE Oxnard, and even then it depends on how close to the date they left, then those in charge might not have known anything until after they'd arrived and camp started so really couldn't do anything without starting even more rumors and innuendo then exists now.

I've met (and known) people who've gone to clubs while underage and, while the temptation is there to see if one can pull off the forbidden (getting in to a place that's not allowed), having to watch your back the entire time you're there, having to be careful about what you drink (due to age and the possibility of a spiked drink), etc. can REALLY take all the fun out of an illicit night.  That is, if you actually CARE about being caught.  Many to most places have really tightened their rules and will often get rid of people that are underage so the club/bar/whatever doesn't have to shut its doors either for a while or permanently.  That's not something the owners or employees want to see happen so it's extra incentive to be watchful and careful. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Looking at this post with the accompanying picture, Jenna states she is proud of "THIS" team, meaning the team pictured below?? Without Holly? And the group of "Veterans" (capitalized by her) we have, again without Holly?   Jenna seems to always be cryptic in her messages since announcing her retirement last year right after the Pro Bowl cheerleader was announced.  I hope Holly was not thrown under the bus by Jenna in order to save herself...lol.. and I can only hope Holly has an offer she couldn't refuse and had to retire.  

I think Jenna reminds me of someone who got in trouble and then chose to sing a song about a witch as sort of an under your breath dig.  Her cryptic ?IG or Tweet about looking through the lens of thankfulness just seems like another dig.  She just doesn't know when to shut up.  Spent many years working with those in their 20's and recognize the behavior.

• Love 2

@ShellyB  - You are amazing and Dayton is amazing. I let my daughter (10) watch the auditions and she immediately asked when SHE tries out for the DCC will I be there (we live in Rhode Island!!) 

So while I know what this audition year holds for Dayton <insert sad face> please tell her if she decides to try out again that she can be an awesome lesson in not getting what you want the first time, not giving up and trying again to another young dancer!

Stay proud mama and mute the haters

And to Dayton ... there will be haters, there will be doubters, there will be non-believers and there will be YOU....PROVING THEM WRONG.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

@raindancer Guess we can consider Kelli and Judy misogynistic for calling out appearances. They have cut amazing dancers for appearance so I guess they are minimizing those women's accomplishments to just looks. 

To state that two completely different groups of women "serve the same purpose" since they are both judged in part by their physical appearance diminishes both occupations to that function.  I take issue with that, as it is insulting to women in both pursuits.  Of course Kelli and Judy judge potential DCC in partial accordance with their appearance.  That is a part of being a DCC.  Along with myriad other things, not the least of which include being an amazing dancer with the intellect and musicality to learn complicated material quickly, handle high pressure situations with grace, and who has the ability to work well in a team.  The complexity of what they do and the decisions that come from that is half the fun of watching the show.  Being a DCC - or a waitress, at Hooter's, or anywhere else - is far more than just being sexually appealing.  The fact that the appeal is a part of it, doesn't make the other components less than exceptional, or diminish their relative value.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Nothing to do with budget and everything to do with space on the sidelines. 36 is a perfect number, not to small and not too big. It was once 32 on the field with 4 alternates....in the locker room. It changed to 36 in the 90s. There's no magic number for TCCs either. 

ShellyB , or anyone who knows ,can you give me any idea how the probation processes work? I know we all get fired up on here and draw our lines. But what is it, that Jenna has, that is causing such a soft response to her continued antics? And this is petty, I admit. But for all the hate Emily got for the turned in failing. Jenna is often turned in at points as she dances. I wonder would they still release her at this late date or is the DCC organization bound to a contract clause preventing what seems would be best judgment. When I review all the posts Twitter, Insta and others. There is this haze falling over the group and the past maturity and polish seems threatened. I would hate for the Jenado weather pattern to be tolerated. As the level of talent rises, I don't want the sisterhood to suffer. Its just one episode, but the cozy feeling of pulling for a favorite is a bit cold. I would feel better about the World Class charm minus a Jenna. I must really be missing part of the picture. Is Jenna tht valuable to the organization? 

Past TCCs/DCCs that I was so over: Vivian, Morgan, Hanna, never got how Allie made the team-double hit friends with Holly, Square all over. Breanna's neck had wrinkles from the whole neck tuck....., so in the world of tolerance...I'd rather deal with some minor body/dance issues than behavior that dirty the organizations polish.

Side note, Dayton is so lovely and I hope she can kill it next year if she decides. Your support and wisdom as a Mom and history with DCC may help restrengthen the weaknesses we all see today. Having her head in the right space is a beautiful gift mother to daughter.

42 minutes ago, raindancer said:

To state that two completely different groups of women "serve the same purpose" since they are both judged in part by their physical appearance diminishes both occupations to that function.  I take issue with that, as it is insulting to women in both pursuits.  Of course Kelli and Judy judge potential DCC in partial accordance with their appearance.  That is a part of being a DCC.  Along with myriad other things, not the least of which include being an amazing dancer with the intellect and musicality to learn complicated material quickly, handle high pressure situations with grace, and who has the ability to work well in a team.  The complexity of what they do and the decisions that come from that is half the fun of watching the show.  Being a DCC - or a waitress, at Hooter's, or anywhere else - is far more than just being sexually appealing.  The fact that the appeal is a part of it, doesn't make the other components less than exceptional, or diminish their relative value.

@WichitaStateShock didn't say they "serve the same purpose" though she said "they serve some of the same purpose" truncating the quote and removing the word some changes the meaning. DCC, other pro cheerleading/dance teams, and Hooters girls DO serve SOME of the same purpose to attract attention and create revenue. And again I say these women know what they're signing up for and don't have a problem with that. Just because they serve SOME of the same purpose doesn't those occupations. And to be quite honest I've seen a much larger variety of women employed by Hooters, while they do look for certain things in appearance they aren't as discriminating when looking at appearance, they don't notice little things. I get DCC is a brand and that's why it's done again that doesn't finish their skills and the fact that they are at games for entertainment value.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

@WichitaStateShock didn't say they "serve the same purpose" though she said "they serve some of the same purpose" truncating the quote and removing the word some changes the meaning. DCC, other pro cheerleading/dance teams, and Hooters girls DO serve SOME of the same purpose to attract attention and create revenue. And again I say these women know what they're signing up for and don't have a problem with that. Just because they serve SOME of the same purpose doesn't those occupations. And to be quite honest I've seen a much larger variety of women employed by Hooters, while they do look for certain things in appearance they aren't as discriminating when looking at appearance, they don't notice little things. I get DCC is a brand and that's why it's done again that doesn't finish their skills and the fact that they are at games for entertainment value.

@raindancer All of this! Look, I was a college cheerleader. Obviously cheerleading skills were top  priority but I also knew I served the purpose of eye candy. If two applicants had the same cheer skills but one had a better look, they would take the one with the better look. I'm just stating the fact. And yes, I never said same purpose or just purpose, I said some of the same purpose

Edited by WichitaStateShock
  • Love 3

Now that I read at least 20 pages, and reading replies concerning the difference in how Holly and Jenna may have been treated differently, The point I felt that needed to made was that " If" it is true that Holly was found to be in bars- drinking underage- this actually is against the law....

"If", what having read about Jenna is true, then all Jenna did was rumors of dating prior to this event, and rude and crude language... ( not the " DCC look ) ...

This would explain a lot in the difference in why one lady is off the squad, and the other is still there... ( though in probation... )

Edited by maineborzoi
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

Now that I read at least 20 pages, and reading replies concerning the difference in how Holly and Jenna may have been treated differently, The point I felt that needed to made was that " If" it is true that Holly was found to be in bars- drinking underage- this actually is against the law....

"If", what having read about Jenna is true, then all Jenna did was rumors of dating prior to this event, and rude and crude language... ( not the " DCC look ) ...

This would explain a lot in the difference in why one lady is off the squad, and the other is still there... ( though in probation... )

Not to bring up a dead horse issue, but I often wondered if this, along with her snarky attitude BEFORE the locker room interview and after as well as her clunky dancing is why Chelsea was dismissed.  She admitted to drinking on weekends...on camera...and she was not legal yet.  

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Darkflame562 said:

ShellyB , or anyone who knows ,can you give me any idea how the probation processes work? I know we all get fired up on here and draw our lines. But what is it, that Jenna has, that is causing such a soft response to her continued antics? And this is petty, I admit. But for all the hate Emily got for the turned in failing. Jenna is often turned in at points as she dances. I wonder would they still release her at this late date or is the DCC organization bound to a contract clause preventing what seems would be best judgment. When I review all the posts Twitter, Insta and others. There is this haze falling over the group and the past maturity and polish seems threatened. I would hate for the Jenado weather pattern to be tolerated. As the level of talent rises, I don't want the sisterhood to suffer. Its just one episode, but the cozy feeling of pulling for a favorite is a bit cold. I would feel better about the World Class charm minus a Jenna. I must really be missing part of the picture. Is Jenna tht valuable to the organization? 

Shelly has already stated that everyone involved with the show signs non-disclosure agreements and  that she is not going to comment on this situation. I'm certainly not trying to tell anyone what to post about, but unless, she has a change of heart, she's not going to answer, and frankly does anyone expect  to state whether or not she believes Jenna (or anyone else) is valuable to the organization? I get some people may not like Jenna, but K&J are not going to get rid of her because some anonymous people on a message board want that to happen (Cassie is proof enough of that). I don't agree with some of what they do as well (though I haven't seen anything to suggest that there is favoritism in this specific situation), but ultimately, they can do what they want. As long as they're not doing something to get themselves sued (and as someone who does labor and employment legal work, lots of employers get hit with BS lawsuits, so you can only do so much lol), they have a ton of leeway in making decisions. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Not to bring up a dead horse issue, but I often wondered if this, along with her snarky attitude BEFORE the locker room interview and after as well as her clunky dancing is why Chelsea was dismissed.  She admitted to drinking on weekends...on camera...and she was not legal yet.  

Hard to say, but I felt it was more that Chelsea was mocking K & J after the weight discussion, then back back and try to lie about it... Then had a snarky way handling herself at the following rehearsal/(s) in her performance...