Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Surprisingly a lot of the Kilgore girls don't make it and I think it's because they're so buttoned-up.  Girls like Robin, Rachel and I think Holly H had all been also dancing at UNT before they made DCC which gave them more of a Pom style. 

Very true! Kilgore girls have perfect kicks and insane flexibility - I was NEVER that flexible, so I'm jealous. However, Kilgore is such a neat, old fashioned, precision team, that these girls looks like something out of a 1940s musical instead of a 2017 pom team. I love the Rangerettes, and this girl above looks like a really good candidate if she learns how to be a little bit more powerful and Nasiter (TM Kitty Carter).

10 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

Another from the list - I really like this girl's dancing, she just pulls some weird faces and she needs to tone down the makeup a bit 

LOVE THIS ONE. Give her some less dramatic lipstick and put her on the team. She's got decent technique, really good control, she's pretty, in shape and has power. Fun to watch and confident. Not loving the lyrical dance - she does have really good control, but maybe its the speed - she doesn't have the best technique with some of those more acro moves. I'm comparing her to Erica 100%. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, crazydegulady said:

Another from the list - I really like this girl's dancing, she just pulls some weird faces and she needs to tone down the makeup a bit 

Love her, really has the pop when she dances. The other two that performed to Luke Bryan- I can't judge just yet because I really don't like that dance. Heck, it almost looks like i could do it with how simple it is. I know DCC occasionally does 'country' dances, but considering that's not the norm I'd love to see the candidates do more pom style.

35 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Wonder if she got some DCC advice from Brooke Nix.

Two things with this girl: 1) she's good. I like her. If she has Brooke's endorsement they're going to pay attention to that. Compare her to the Rangerette and you can see how this blond girl has bolder, less restrained moves. She just looks more confident and comfortable. Also when she does that double pirouette into sort of a side jump with some footwork, it isn't messy. The double flows and isn't slow. 2) I was also trying to watch the girl in front of her to our left, in the blue top and black shorts. She didn't look bad either. 

• Love 2

Good point. A former Miami Dolphins cheerleader would probably not audition for the DCC without the support of the Dolphins choreographer (former DCC Brooke Nix).  And Brooke would not support a candidate unless she thought that she had what it took to be a DCC.  

• Love 1

The recent posts and discussions on the Former DCCs: Missed, Forgotten, or Gone Before Her Time thread made me realize how much you can observe about a person's lifestyle, values, friendships, and even relationships with family, through their social media postings on sites like Instagram and Twitter.  As an example on this thread, the Instagram pictures and posts of the Kilgore Rangerette and the Miami Dolphins Cheerleader make them seem like very nice people.  

I guess that my little piece of advice to any young woman planning to audition for the DCC would be to clean up, and selectively and strategically edit your social media posts before auditions.  Do you post about late nights at the club or bar with your friends?  Edit those out, they make you look like a party girl.  Do you like to take selfies in skimpy bikinis or tight micro-minis?  Edit those out, they make you look self-absorbed and vain.  Do you have closeups of your face looking fully made up?  Remove them, you want to look more like the all-natural, girl-next-door (not The Girls Next Door, mind you).  Do you have photos of your latest LV handbag, your most recent trip to Vegas, or your Louboutin sneakers?  Remove, they make you look spoiled and materialistic.

DOs:  

Include photos of you dancing at rehearsals, or working out hard.  They highlight your talent and demonstrate your devotion to your pursuit of this goal.

Include photos that reflect those down-to-earth things you actually enjoy doing. Hikes with your friends, fishing with your brothers, brunch with your mom.

Include photos that tell us something about your educational or professional goals.  Did you make the Dean's List again?  Take a screenshot and post it.  Did you take the elementary school class you teach on a field trip?  Show us a picture of that.  

Post photos of your true friends, a person's friendships tell us a lot about them.  

Include photos of your volunteer work, if you have any.  

(My apologies to Kelli and Judy as now all of your candidates will look like Mother Teresa, and you will no longer be able to tell who is who, what is what, or garner any useful information at all about these young women).

• Love 10

If any of the girls have watched the show in the past, they should already know this.  They should also know this if they've done any serious job searching in the past few years (including on LinkedIn and other networking sites for the "serious" job searcher).  It's been mentioned all over the place that you should clean up your social media i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram if you want people to take you seriously.  Expect that all the times you've posted about going out drinking/partying with your friends to be brought up in interviews.  Expect ANYTHING you post to be brought up because, if it could affect the company that's looking to hire you, it could affect your chances of working there.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:55 PM, crazydegulady said:

wow she's great ... reminds me a bit of Holly to be honest

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

If any of the girls have watched the show in the past, they should already know this.  They should also know this if they've done any serious job searching in the past few years (including on LinkedIn and other networking sites for the "serious" job searcher).  It's been mentioned all over the place that you should clean up your social media i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram if you want people to take you seriously.  Expect that all the times you've posted about going out drinking/partying with your friends to be brought up in interviews.  Expect ANYTHING you post to be brought up because, if it could affect the company that's looking to hire you, it could affect your chances of working there.

Exactly @EricaShadows the young women who are considering auditioning for the DCC should already know this.  And yet when you look through some of the Instagram posts and photos for some of the supposed candidates, you wonder whether they have received the memo.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

And still every year, some gals get caught with their pants down. It's hilarious. What seems so obvious to us, many of these girls are just oblivious on. I'd blame their age, but once you hit early to mid 20's they should know better.

It's a good thing they're pretty! Who was that super ditzy girl from south Texas who danced great but just so, so dingy? Dark hair, bright pink costume. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, kalibean said:

And still every year, some gals get caught with their pants down. It's hilarious. What seems so obvious to us, many of these girls are just oblivious on. I'd blame their age, but once you hit early to mid 20's they should know better.

It's a good thing they're pretty! Who was that super ditzy girl from south Texas who danced great but just so, so dingy? Dark hair, bright pink costume. 

That was Brittany. She didn't know what the two major political parties were. I remember her saying after her solo routine, "I feel much more better now." I knew there was little chance she was going to make the team after that interview, too much of an ambassador risk. 

I also cringed at last season's interview when Hunter couldn't name a classical author. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I just thought it was over the top, a bit tacky, and not DCC at all.  I do remember last year some people thought it was cute.  Neither made the team though ?

Both of them are current AA  Ice Angels.

Edited by MrsEVH
Just now, Oklahomama said:

It was from last year so it might be waaaaaaaay back in there 

Ah, that makes more sense.

Ahh that Ashley girl is Poison Pom...I see them on Evan's IG a lot and they are GOOD.  I would think if she's got that kind of experience AND works with Evan she should have a great shot! Definitely one to watch for!! 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, California Girl said:

The recent posts and discussions on the Former DCCs: Missed, Forgotten, or Gone Before Her Time thread made me realize how much you can observe about a person's lifestyle, values, friendships, and even relationships with family, through their social media postings on sites like Instagram and Twitter.  As an example on this thread, the Instagram pictures and posts of the Kilgore Rangerette and the Miami Dolphins Cheerleader make them seem like very nice people.  

I guess that my little piece of advice to any young woman planning to audition for the DCC would be to clean up, and selectively and strategically edit your social media posts before auditions.  Do you post about late nights at the club or bar with your friends?  Edit those out, they make you look like a party girl.  Do you like to take selfies in skimpy bikinis or tight micro-minis?  Edit those out, they make you look self-absorbed and vain.  Do you have closeups of your face looking fully made up?  Remove them, you want to look more like the all-natural, girl-next-door (not The Girls Next Door, mind you).  Do you have photos of your latest LV handbag, your most recent trip to Vegas, or your Louboutin sneakers?  Remove, they make you look spoiled and materialistic.

DOs:  

Include photos of you dancing at rehearsals, or working out hard.  They highlight your talent and demonstrate your devotion to your pursuit of this goal.

Include photos that reflect those down-to-earth things you actually enjoy doing. Hikes with your friends, fishing with your brothers, brunch with your mom.

Include photos that tell us something about your educational or professional goals.  Did you make the Dean's List again?  Take a screenshot and post it.  Did you take the elementary school class you teach on a field trip?  Show us a picture of that.  

Post photos of your true friends, a person's friendships tell us a lot about them.  

Include photos of your volunteer work, if you have any.  

(My apologies to Kelli and Judy as now all of your candidates will look like Mother Teresa, and you will no longer be able to tell who is who, what is what, or garner any useful information at all about these young women).

Yeah, I was looking through some of the girls' IGs from the list and one of them had 3 advert posts, all different products, and I didn't scroll that far. I think that's not a good idea and it makes me feel like she wants to be a DCC for the exposure. 

Alright, I like this Miami girl too. Some of these girls make me nervous for the Rookies reauditioning. 

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Auditions article.    http://www.5pointsblue.com/5-surprises-about-dcc-auditions/?sf71077836=1

100 questions test. I admit I do not know the answer to two of the questions listed. It looks like they will be taking 40-45 girls to TC, and 36 will make the team. With 29 vets trying out again, it is going to be interesting if only 7 spots are open.

Meh, they say the same thing every year. They could take 36, but I'll bet we'll have a few sympahy spots too for the 'maybe' girls. 

• Love 1

Found this on the AAIA Facebook page. Brittney is IA of the week. She was a SD Charger Girl and a Dallas Vigilantes Dancer.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Josreason said:

https://instagram.com/p/BTAu7mGBVe2/ 

i can't get it to share on here, but I Saundra Irene is really good I don't know if she has been mentioned, but I've seen three of her videos now showing technique! 

Ok I love her! She has the body, the looks and she can DANCE. Very high energy and her technique isn't bad from that clip. They'll make her hair boring with long wavy layers, but that body! Send her on the calender shoot now.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Ok I love her! She has the body, the looks and she can DANCE. Very high energy and her technique isn't bad from that clip. They'll make her hair boring with long wavy layers, but that body! Send her on the calender shoot now.

She can dance! If she doesn't make the DCC she'd be good for the Mavs

Just curious because I know nothing about dance. Are these videos actual DCC prep classes or just ones girls take for fun or to learn? It seems like all they do is hop hop or do they learn DCC style?

Edited by MrsEVH
55 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It looks like Saundra tried out last year for DCC. Does anyone hear know how far she made it? 

It looks like Saundra tried out last year for DCC. Does anyone hear know how far she made it? 

She made it to round 2 but didn't get to finals.

She posted on instagram how she used to have a weave and had to take it out due to hair loss.  I don't think Kelli would make her get another weave, and if she did, I don't know if Saundra would agree to it. She looked really cute when it was really short. I would love to see her on the team with it super short and natural.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4

Saundra is great! Super clean and high energy. Right now she's looking like the next Nicole Hamilton. I agree with who said they would try to give her long wavy hair. I hope she makes it and kills it in training camp. 

• Love 1

Okay I remember the jazzercize. I think her technique is great and she needs to show them the goods.  She is awesome! 

She reminds me a little bit of Kelly McCreary from Grey's anatomy with her natural curls! Gorgeous! 

Edited by Josreason
4 hours ago, Josreason said:

Okay I remember the jazzercize. I think her technique is great and she needs to show them the goods.  She is awesome! 

She reminds me a little bit of Kelly McCreary from Grey's anatomy with her natural curls! Gorgeous! 

SHe's adorable!  What does that even mean ... jazzercise???

6 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

SHe's adorable!  What does that even mean ... jazzercise???

The comments Kelli gave her in auditions was that she looked like she was jazzercizing, which is jazz exercise aerobics dancing

15 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

She seems to be a great dancer so if she didn't make it to finals maybe she isn't great with picking up choreo quickly. Hopefully she has addressed that. 

looks like there might be some technique issuses from her Instagram. So keep her off show group. I still think she'd be great.

• Love 1
On 3/3/2017 at 5:26 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

Or maybe she was required to take them home and clean them before returning them

Wow, I hope not! After they cut her they would possibly require her to clean their boots??  How ignorant!

On 3/20/2017 at 1:26 PM, tobeyoungagain said:

yeah I'm over Kelsey.  I don't think she should have made the team in the first place (but yes she's pretty ... although Ashley from the Chiefs was prettier in the same manner IMHO).  Hmmmm ... maybe that belongs in unpopular opinion :)

I think Kelsey has a MUCH better personality than Ashley Paige.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2017 at 5:02 PM, bigskygirl said:

To be honest about it, I do not think Sofia has the DCC look even if they did a complete makeover. Her behind also looks a little big for the uniform bottom. If they would not take Grace Lee Sells or Katie S. from Season 3 because of their weight and/or shape, they definitely would not take Sofia.

I can just hear Kelli making comments about her "fake" face.