Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Erica has something going on with her neck/shoulder muscles. Maybe a herniated disk or something that you cant just "fix" once, but will continue to hurt at that level of performance. It's not a matter of if, but when, she'll hurt herself again. 

Thanks. I figured it must be something that takes some serious rehab time. While we probably won't ever know exactly, I hope she recovers fully.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, stargrrl said:

I don't post here much but after last night's show I don't think I'll be watching anymore.  The new revamp is just boring and none of the girls are very interesting anymore. Combined with the Holly and Erica coverup and no spoilers and I'd rather clean out my closet. It's a shame because this used to be an entertaining show.

There isn't any news about Holly and Erica yet because the show covers training camp week by week. We've not reached the point where either of them are gone yet. The early episodes are just building to the drama at the end.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, kalibean said:

I don't particularly care for Melissa and her segments, but I don't mind that she wasn't a DCC superstar.  I think it makes her a great mentor of sorts for the strugglers, because Melissa definitely grew as a dancer or she wouldn't have won DWTS.  That show has its share of throwaways, but there are normally some fantastic dancers at the end.  How long does that show film?  If someone with a basic ability can improve in that short a time (especially the athletes and others that have little dance experience that end up on the show) there's no reason a TCC couldn't either, especially when there starting place is lights years better than the average DWTS contestant.  I see the parallel.

I think she's ridiculous and always looks a hot mess, but I respect her dance journey, such as it is.

She does always look a hot mess. You'd think with all the stylists in Dallas, she could find someone to dress her. Shit, go see the girls at Neiman's. Tons of cute and casual clothes. Don't even get me started on the messy hair. 

If Erica left the team just due to injury, it would be a story arc on this show. The fact that they've essentially erased her existence is a huge indicator that she effed up big time. Anyone thinking otherwise is just wishful thinking. Shit went down, I tell you.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

She does always look a hot mess. You'd think with all the stylists in Dallas, she could find someone to dress her. Shit, go see the girls at Neiman's. Tons of cute and casual clothes. Don't even get me started on the messy hair. 

If Erica left the team just due to injury, it would be a story arc on this show. The fact that they've essentially erased her existence is a huge indicator that she effed up big time. Anyone thinking otherwise is just wishful thinking. Shit went down, I tell you.

Or alternative theory -- the cut her, and realized cutting her for injury makes DCC look bad.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, stargrrl said:

I don't post here much but after last night's show I don't think I'll be watching anymore.  The new revamp is just boring and none of the girls are very interesting anymore. Combined with the Holly and Erica coverup and no spoilers and I'd rather clean out my closet. It's a shame because this used to be an entertaining show.

I totally agree with you.  I used to love this show.  It was like brain candy to me- no matter what bad things are going on I could turn on the reruns and feel uplifted by the positivity in the show.  This season is absolutely horrible (particularily last night's episode).  I dont give a damn about media training and found the whole episode boring. I never thought I would say this but I cant even get excited about new episodes.

Guess I will have to find a new show!

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Or alternative theory -- the cut her, and realized cutting her for injury makes DCC look bad.

Sorry, but I don't buy that for a second. 

33 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I totally agree with you.  I used to love this show.  It was like brain candy to me- no matter what bad things are going on I could turn on the reruns and feel uplifted by the positivity in the show.  This season is absolutely horrible (particularily last night's episode).  I dont give a damn about media training and found the whole episode boring. I never thought I would say this but I cant even get excited about new episodes.

Last night's episode was terrible. Snooze fest. I miss the grittiness and bitchy Kelli and Judy from the early seasons. The dramatic makeovers. The badass dancers like Makenzie Swicegood, Brooke S, Nicole H, etc etc Truly the good ole days

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

There''s a part of me that thinks they're trying to change their image, show that 'America's Sweethearts' aren't just bimbos with poms or some other stereotype of cheerleaders, but are the well-rounded ladies they constantly claim they are, hence showing the media training, trying to demonstrate some sort of difficulty to the job etc etc, and sure it can't necessarily be easily to always smile and give the right answer but I couldn't care less about that. I want to see the dance, I want to see the training. several minutes focused around how much a couple of them said 'definitely' wasn't funny or interesting it was boring as hell. There's less and less dance and training despite the number of episodes.  we're half way through the season and I can barely name half the TCCs, the majority of them are a bland generic blur

• Love 5

I like the extra stuff. I thought the media training was hysterical because... well some of them are just not the brightest crayons in the box. I like when Kelli pokes fun at the girls. I love the guest choreographers. I'd like more dancing but I love all the other stuff too. And I like seeing the vets get put in their place. It makes it more real and I like to see their journey. I could do with less Kashara. Didn't like her during her rookie year and I don't like her now. I think they are building to a huge Holly reveal but may gloss over Erica. I wonder if Erica just milked that injury until they told her it would be in her best interest to take the season and heal. I like Lexie. Miranda is growing on me. I thought Taryn was adorable until she spoke. Brianna needs to go. Savannah reminds me of the blonde from Reba. Madeline was cute until she spoke. Kalyssa is good but very Hollyesque without the technique to back it up. I want to brush Lauren's hair and sometimes I remember there is a Molly.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, missmansfield said:

I saw in the preview they are going to have Kitty back on.  I don't know why she still gets segments on the show.  Everyone hates her, she is nasty and mean and becomes more and more unhinged.

for precisely those reasons - she creates 'drama'.  some people will tune in to see what nasty comment she says next, just like people watched Dance Moms to watch her meltdown and be totally irrational and insane and play the victim. sadly its reality tv 101. to be honest i don't find her that mean, next to my old skating coach she's pretty much a sweetie, though Im sure off camera she's much worse.  she strikes me as the sort of person who would describe themselves as blunt or no bs, but are in fact just rude, BUT thats the dance/competitive world, coaches aren't there to be nice, they're there to get the best performance and people have seemingly decided the best way to get that is to be as derogatory and mean as possible.

12 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I saw in the preview they are going to have Kitty back on.  I don't know why she still gets segments on the show.  Everyone hates her, she is nasty and mean and becomes more and more unhinged.

Seems to me she scars some of the girls for life.  Remember some of these girls are young and sensitive.  Everyone has feelings and I don't think Kitty needs to hurt people.  Seems weird to me how the claim to be America's Sweethearts and want to make the world believe how great they are yet Kitty can act so mean and get away with it.

• Love 1

Gina is on my last working nerve; always has a smirk on her face and her interviews irk me.  I just can't get into this season or any of this year's TLC's and I don't know why.  I' usually watch the show a couple times, but now I watch it once and maybe a second time on fast forward just to catch more of the vets.   

• Love 8
8 hours ago, dynamite said:

Just for fun, rank the best(veteran) dancers on the squad. From best to meh. Good luck!

1. Lacey

2. Jenna

3. Robin

4. Maggie

5. Cersten

6. Madeline

7. Heather

8. Kelli

9. KaShara

10. Jinelle

11. Amy

12. Chantel

13. Stephanie

14. Elizabeth

15. Kelsey

16. Tess

17. Tasha

18. Milan

19. Simone

20. Jessica

21. Selina

22. Yuko

Hope I didn't miss anyone!

I love KaShara, but I definitely think she should be on a weight warning.  I mean I have seen too many pictures in the last so many months where she looks heavier than in previous seasons.  Here is a recent picture of her that DCC posted on their instagram. 

Plus her hair and makeup (if any) lately on the show has me irked!  I definitely noticed the lack of makeup on last nights episode when she was assisting Melissa with the TCC.  I was like...Wow!  

IMG_2271.JPG

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Spooky said:

Gina is on my last working nerve; always has a smirk on her face and her interviews irk me.  I just can't get into this season or any of this year's TLC's and I don't know why.  I' usually watch the show a couple times, but now I watch it once and maybe a second time on fast forward just to catch more of the vets.   

THANK YOU! I'm not sure why, but I can't stand her. I've never been a fan because honestly, she looks "ugly" (normally she is a pretty girl, but in the DCC world she is definitely not), i haven't seen much to be convinced that she looks good in the DCC style... And for some reason she really comes off self absorbed. I'm not even sure why.

8 hours ago, Java said:

There isn't any news about Holly and Erica yet because the show covers training camp week by week. We've not reached the point where either of them are gone yet. The early episodes are just building to the drama at the end.

Yeah Erica left after HOF but I don't see how we can even hope they will

show what happened when they already took her out of the forst few weeks. If they really do want to talk about her forced retirement, why hide the fact that she was the GL and had to step down?

14 hours ago, GWN 617 said:

I have to watch next week to see who auditions.  I don't think everyone in training camp auditions for show group for various reasons.  Show group is extra rehearsal time so even though there are amazing dancers on the team, they may no be able to fit an opportunity like show group into their schedule. Cersten didn't audition last year probably because she was studying for her medical exams.  She did audition this year because her exams are over and she is just waiting for when she can start med school.  

They all audition so unless Kelli says something (like I think she had in the past) for a particular girl, we don't really know who asked to not be considered.

15 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Did Miss Kitty call out vet Yuko on the field, and it looks like vet Selina was called back into the office again in the previews for next week's episode.

I can't wait to see this. Finally someone is going to address the fact that Yuko can't dance next to the DCCs, not even the rookie candidates.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

34? Who's out? 

IMG_2180.JPG

Good question!! Can you hear Judy just screaming at this "mess"!!

Who is after number eight from the left? There is a odd break? Christina looks awkward & they look disheveled as a team

Edited by DancingForLife
Can not than
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I love KaShara, but I definitely think she should be on a weight warning.  I mean I have seen too many pictures in the last so many months where she looks heavier than in previous seasons.  Here is a recent picture of her that DCC posted on their instagram. 

Plus her hair and makeup (if any) lately on the show has me irked!  I definitely noticed the lack of makeup on last nights episode when she was assisting Melissa with the TCC.  I was like...Wow!  

KaShara looks fine here.  Don't know if this is recent but was posted on Twitter yesterday.

DJO61qeUEAAJ7Su.jpg

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

Who is after number eight from the left? There is a odd break? Christina looks awkward & they look disheveled as a team

There were 36 in the video of the walk in after kick line so I guess some are just missing/hiding in the picture. 

2 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

I agree, but I have to say that given that this is just a warmup and the girls would really be in the jump splits and not standing, it may be part of the reason this pic looks so bad. 

They really do need to tighten up those lines though. However these girls are learning about spatial awareness it's not sinking in.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, kary said:

Seems to me she scars some of the girls for life.  Remember some of these girls are young and sensitive.  Everyone has feelings and I don't think Kitty needs to hurt people.  Seems weird to me how the claim to be America's Sweethearts and want to make the world believe how great they are yet Kitty can act so mean and get away with it.

From my own dance training, I can pretty much guarantee that many, if not most of the girls have faced far worse from their own instructors over the years.  I'm absolutely not saying it's right, but competitive dance, high level dance, just like any other high-level competition, coaches are not their to be your friend or your parent, they're there to push you and challenge you.  Half the stuff my old coach used to say or do to me would probably be qualified as abuse, BUT she got the best out of us, and I rarely took it personally and I am a super introverted, super ssensitive wee soul, and was even more so as a teen.  the stuff she'd say and do...and don't get me started on how she was about weight.  Does creating champions make what she did okay? absolutely not, but I guarantee that its the norm and something most of the girls would be sadly fairly used to.  Kitty is a veritiable dream in comparison to some of the coaches Ive known.

• Love 5

Agree that the show has gone downhill, this season especially. I feel like now I'm trying to hang on simply out of loyalty since I loved the earlier seasons so much. The show has been so boring that they should've introduced whatever drama awaits (Holly/Jenna/Erica) much sooner. Waiting for those stories is really the only reason I'm still watching now since I couldn't care less about the blandest rookie class I can remember. 

The guest choreographers (other than Screaming Kitty) make it a smidge more interesting for me (although it seems like CMT must have some kind of deal promoting alumni dancers from SYTYCD). More Michelle Keys, please!

• Love 5
On 9/8/2017 at 10:13 AM, CaseyRe said:

Anyone else's heart just sink when Melissa Rycroft was back last night? She's just awful and they're describing her as a 'big deal'.  Showmanship coach my ass.  Half the time I think she actually makes it worse for the girls, I rarely see any improvement in the ones she's decided to take under her wing

I thought we were going to avoid that this season, but not so.  I'd rather see more Miss Kitty!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

1. Lacey

2. Jenna

3. Robin

4. Maggie

5. Cersten

6. Madeline

7. Heather

8. Kelli

9. KaShara

10. Jinelle

11. Amy

12. Chantel

13. Stephanie

14. Elizabeth

15. Kelsey

16. Tess

17. Tasha

18. Milan

19. Simone

20. Jessica

21. Selina

22. Yuko

Hi you forgot Khalyn.

• Love 4

Hi everyone first time posting. Here are a few of my thoughts so far.

1. LOVE Miranda!! Didn't expect to, and I am VERY pleasantly surprised.

2. LOVE Lexie and Alexis. They are my blonde and brunette bombshells.

3. I rewatched that segment with Alexandria in Kelli's office, and sorry Judy you did say that you didn't like her. (I watched with cc,  without cc and at a high volume, she said it). BTW LOVE Alexandria lol.

4. You can't tell me that Madeline (who just got cut) had more appeal than Katelynn?? Erin for that matter to, OH and Celinda???

5. Lacey should have been point!! In lieu of Jenna and her disciplinary issuses.

6. I like Kitty. In every business at certain level of job performance is required and she pulls that performance out of them.

7. HOW DID KEYRA NOT MAKE SHOW GROUP!!!

• Love 6

I'm glad someone else said something about Gina! She's one of those girls that just gets on my nerves..... Idk her belly button freaks me out, she's one of those girls who is cute from a distance but she's not naturally pretty. I know she can't help those things. Maybe if she fixed her smirk and stopped dancing with her chin down? I feel like she's always creepily looking up... 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

From my own dance training, I can pretty much guarantee that many, if not most of the girls have faced far worse from their own instructors over the years.  I'm absolutely not saying it's right, but competitive dance, high level dance, just like any other high-level competition, coaches are not their to be your friend or your parent, they're there to push you and challenge you.  Half the stuff my old coach used to say or do to me would probably be qualified as abuse, BUT she got the best out of us, and I rarely took it personally and I am a super introverted, super ssensitive wee soul, and was even more so as a teen.  the stuff she'd say and do...and don't get me started on how she was about weight.  Does creating champions make what she did okay? absolutely not, but I guarantee that its the norm and something most of the girls would be sadly fairly used to.  Kitty is a veritiable dream in comparison to some of the coaches Ive known.

I completely agree. I've danced since I could walk and danced professionally for several years. Now I teach dance. Kitty is actually pretty tame. These girls have thick skin if they are used to dancing competitively. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sugarplum said:

I completely agree. I've danced since I could walk and danced professionally for several years. Now I teach dance. Kitty is actually pretty tame. These girls have thick skin if they are used to dancing competitively. 

I don't see a lot of thick skin at training camp.  Look how many of them are crying all the time on the show and that is very little that we see.  Seems like they all go home every night and cry wondering if tomorrow will be there last day.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, kary said:

I don't see a lot of thick skin at training camp.  Look how many of them are crying all the time on the show and that is very little that we see.  Seems like they all go home every night and cry wondering if tomorrow will be there last day.

tbh i take all te emotional stuff with a pinch of salt - very little of reality tv is true reality.  ramped up emotions and cameras go hand in hand and who knows how theyre coached to react in the one on one spots, heartless though it makes me seem.

eta: plus a lot of them are very tired - for many of them, they're not used to the hours and some are working 9-5 (or equiv hours) then straight to the Star for another, what 4-6 hours of rehearsal. obv not all of that time is spent dancing, non-stop but thats still one hell of a schedule. if you don't get released until gone midnight,a nd you've got a 45min drive home, plus time to wash your face and get ready for the next day and maybe in bed by 1.30am and up at say 6? exhaustion will equal tears

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, kary said:

I don't think the tears are a result of criticism and dance feedback in every case though. In many cases I think tears are a result of a lot of other emotions coming to the surface and tears are the only escape. These girls might be chasing grown up dreams, but they are all still fairly young. They are exhausted. Many of them are on their own for the first time in their life, and many in a new city away from home, away from everything they have ever known. They have LONG days. They have cameras in their faces, usually waiting for them to stumble...because reality tv would be boring if everyone was perfect. These girls can handle the criticism. But don't forget, it's also an extended job interview. So each critique they receive, it's a blow to their ego and they now question...will this be it for me, will this be what takes me out of this game? But back to my original statement...in the dance world, Kitty is tame. If they can't handle her, they probably won't do well in auditions beyond DCC/dance teams. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

I don't think the tears are a result of criticism and dance feedback in every case though. In many cases I think tears are a result of a lot of other emotions coming to the surface and tears are the only escape. These girls might be chasing grown up dreams, but they are all still fairly young. They are exhausted. Many of them are on their own for the first time in their life, and many in a new city away from home, away from everything they have ever known. They have LONG days. They have cameras in their faces, usually waiting for them to stumble...because reality tv would be boring if everyone was perfect. These girls can handle the criticism. But don't forget, it's also an extended job interview. So each critique they receive, it's a blow to their ego and they now question...will this be it for me, will this be what takes me out of this game? But back to my original statement...in the dance world, Kitty is tame. If they can't handle her, they probably won't do well in auditions beyond DCC/dance teams. 

It's never a good thing to criticize or yell at someone in front of their peers.  It does not excuse Kitty just because other dance instructors do it.  I agree with you that they are exhausted.  So why not encourage the girls...this takes courage to try out for DCC.  Also why is the training camp so long?  Most other pro teams training camps are 2 days to 2 weeks.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, kary said:

It's never a good thing to criticize or yell at someone in front of their peers.  It does not excuse Kitty just because other dance instructors do it.  I agree with you that they are exhausted.  So why not encourage the girls...this takes courage to try out for DCC.  Also why is the training camp so long?  Most other pro teams training camps are 2 days to 2 weeks.  

Number of dances they need to learn? isnt it said to be up to 50 dances?
also, this is pretty much the mentality most dancers will take towards criticism -a couple years ago, Rachel then a 3yr vet, said  "We don’t want the TV cameras or remarks from Kelli & Judy get in the way of accomplishing the goal of making the team. Yes, you’re going to hear criticism. But you need to learn to take it as constructive criticism and apply it towards improving yourself. You can’t get bogged down by it.”" 

It's the nature of the beast. is it 'right', nope, but you can't stop practice to take a girl out into the hall to criticize her in private, that would take all day, and criticism is not inherently bad. if it's 'you're a f-ing loser, you're a fat slob who can't dance' then fair enough, that's bad and unacceptable (but I guarantee it happens) but just 'you're sickling your feet' or 'you're getting lost in the mid-section you have to rehearse more'  etc, that isn't bad criticism. I'd rather be told that in front of my group than be led into the hall like an errant child. 

The one good thing about Kitty, is that in a very real sense, she prepares them for the field -  how will you deal with drunken fans yelling obscenties at you on the field about your looks, about what they'd like to do to you if they had the chance?  they can't cry or stop dancing or run off the field because a guy is being super inappropriate/harrassing them with sexual comments. if they can't handle a criticism from Kitty, they might not handle the field, they have to learn to let it roll off their backs.  I can't imagine that not a single member of the crowd doesn't make some comment or other to the dancers that they can hear, and that's withut creeps up on their insta and twitter accounts.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

1. Lacey

2. Jenna

3. Robin

4. Maggie

5. Cersten

6. Madeline

7. Heather

8. Kelli

9. KaShara

10. Jinelle

11. Amy

12. Chantel

13. Stephanie

14. Elizabeth

15. Kelsey

16. Tess

17. Tasha

18. Milan

19. Simone

20. Jessica

21. Selina

22. Yuko

Is Holly P not still a veteran???

4 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Number of dances they need to learn? isnt it said to be up to 50 dances?

Pick the team in two week at training camp (you know they know who they want on the team by then) and then continue with the team and learn the dances.  I feel they have camp for  too long just for the TV show.  That is wrong to the girls.  Some of the girls would have liked to try out for other teams but couldn't because of being in training camp and if they get kicked out of camp then it is too late to try out for another team.  I seem to be way more protective of young people than the people on here but that's just how I roll.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, kary said:

Pick the team in two week at training camp (you know they know who they want on the team by then) and then continue with the team and learn the dances.  I feel they have camp for  too long just for the TV show.  That is wrong to the girls.  Some of the girls would have liked to try out for other teams but couldn't because of being in training camp and if they get kicked out of camp then it is too late to try out for another team.  I seem to be way more protective of young people than the people on here but that's just how I roll.  

Maybe that's another reason - in previous years Kelli has sounded super smug about having former DCC on other teams and definitely seemed to see it as down-grading that a dcc be an ice angel etc, maybe they want to spite other teams, 'you can't have our castoffs' kind of thing...they're pretty petty women at the end of the day. 

eta: its not a lack of protectiveness on my part(and honestly Im trying not to be somewhat offended), its simply that I spent some 15 years dancing and figure skating. i don't know if you have a dance background, but I assure you, its the norm and there's no way that the girls in that camp that have danced since 3-4 years old aren't used to it. yes they're young, but a lot of them ahve danced for over a decade and dance is physically and mentally exhausting. if they've never encountered someone like Kitty, then they're outliers.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, lovedcc said:

Oh no, she was my favorite DCC. Darn it!

Mine too. shes a phenomenal dancer but its said her off-field behaviour has been on the skids for a whille and she got by for a time, but something happened (rumoured to be underage drinking and/or dating/flirting/sleeping with a player) and that was last straw. hopefully we'll see what went down. the team ths year is looking really unpolished and second-rate - they lost a number of excellent vets and took on some rookies that personally shouldn't have made squad

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kary said:

I think you are thinking about it in the wrong terms. They aren't setting out to criticize, they are trying to correct. I know that sounds like a bunch of semantics, but there is a big difference. Kitty, Kelli, Judy, and dance Teacher's (coaches, etc) all across the world aren't just nit picking, criticizing and yelling at them in front of their peers because they can, they are either trying to help them improve, or they are working on a performance and someone is doing something wrong and they need it quickly fixed so the entire group can move on. 1 person making mistakes slows EVERYONE down. So a coach/teacher/choreographer will often give a harsher "fix it now" when time is of the essence.

My teaching style on a normal basis is very different from kitty's, but my girls do not compete regularly. They do several very big performances a year. I'm much tougher on them during rehearsal practices than I am during technique classes (not that I don't push them then as well). 

I do do not know why training camp is what it is. I have zero inside knowledge of training camp. I can only speak of my general knowledge of the dance world as a whole. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I love KaShara, but I definitely think she should be on a weight warning.  I mean I have seen too many pictures in the last so many months where she looks heavier than in previous seasons. 

The DCCs are supposed to keep the weight they were accepted into TC. If anyone remembers back to S10 when KaShara was in TC, she was heavier at the beginning than at the end and in the ensuing years. She lost weight during that first TC and kept it off.

She has the body type that at certain angles she looks boxy, and at others she looks slimmer. I do think she looks a slight bit heavier than her rookie season. But she still looks slimmer than when she entered TC, so I think she looks fine. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lovedcc said:

Oh no, she was my favorite DCC. Darn it!

I know! Me, too. I am kind of crushed :( I really liked her and I think she is truly so talented and the perfect fit for the team. I personally don't care about her off the field personal decisions and I am hoping (is this dumb of me?) that she will try out next year and they can forget about this year. Her posts from her instagram show dates from about a month ago. Whatever happened is so recent. I really am so upset, much more than is normal LOL

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

I know! Me, too. I am kind of crushed :( I really liked her and I think she is truly so talented and the perfect fit for the team. I personally don't care about her off the field personal decisions and I am hoping (is this dumb of me?) that she will try out next year and they can forget about this year. Her posts from her instagram show dates from about a month ago. Whatever happened is so recent. I really am so upset, much more than is normal LOL

Standard  HR, if an employee leaves on bad terms, they aren't welcomed back. It's a different situation that just any other vet getting cut for performance sake. 

21 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

When I heard rumours she'd been cut/quit/was gone, I knew it had to be for off-field behaviour - her dancing was never going to lead to her getting cut, and she was obv a fave with Kelli and Judy so probably got away with a lot, BUT there are a LOT of rules for the girls, and some of them are seriously in stone and IF it was someting to do with drinking, then that's not just breaking rules, that's breaking the law, and doesn't look good for 'America's Sweethearts' so I can see them not forgiving that

48 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

When I heard rumours she'd been cut/quit/was gone, I knew it had to be for off-field behaviour - her dancing was never going to lead to her getting cut, and she was obv a fave with Kelli and Judy so probably got away with a lot, BUT there are a LOT of rules for the girls, and some of them are seriously in stone and IF it was someting to do with drinking, then that's not just breaking rules, that's breaking the law, and doesn't look good for 'America's Sweethearts' so I can see them not forgiving that

52 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Standard  HR, if an employee leaves on bad terms, they aren't welcomed back. It's a different situation that just any other vet getting cut for performance sake. 

Yeah, I guess you are both right.... But, isn't there a chance that the rumors are false? I mean, we don't really know what happened. Like I said, I know that my reaction is not normal, but I truly am so upset! I am going to hold out an unrealistic hope that she will repent and apologize and beg forgiveness and they will take her back! 

9 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

Yeah, I guess you are both right.... But, isn't there a chance that the rumors are false? I mean, we don't really know what happened. Like I said, I know that my reaction is not normal, but I truly am so upset! I am going to hold out an unrealistic hope that she will repent and apologize and beg forgiveness and they will take her back! 

Neveer happen, I'm afraid. She's kinda been low-key sub-tweeting and posting about how "a little girl seeks revenge, a real woman moves on while karma does her dirty work' and how she's never been happier and moving on to better things, so something went down and she's never going back. it's not subtle and it's not particularly mature, which is unfortunate as she was my favourite and being petty isn't an attractive quality, and I know, I know, these are 'young' women, but she's 20, not 12.  when her insta went quiet for weeks I knew something was up- she was a very regular poster, be it rehearsal, or dance in general or workouts etc, and so a blackout for over 3 weeks was 100% not normal. I suspect that was under orders from the DCC, that until she was off the show or similar, her posting was off the table. she's periodcally posting now, but sporadic and mostly to instagram stories not regular posts.    I think she quit rather than was cut, but if we don't see it on the show (much like how they seem to be acting like Erica doesn't exist) we're never going to know, and given she was my fave, and really did add an element to their dances, is a real shame. I was pretty devastated when I found out. inititally when I heard the rumours, I was thinking 'no way, no way was she cut' because her dancing ws such that would never happen, but then it came out that it was an off-field behaviour issue and that she's been acting out for hte last year...whatever it was, it was big, I think

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

Possibly, but too many things are leaning towards truth than false. I don't think she wants to come back considering she quit. Hoping the best for her, and by best I mean an entire pan of humble pie and some acts of maturity. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Neveer happen, I'm afraid. She's kinda been low-key sub-tweeting and posting about how "a little girl seeks revenge, a real woman moves on while karma does her dirty work' and how she's never been happier and moving on to better things, so something went down and she's never going back. it's not subtle and it's not particularly mature, which is unfortunate as she was my favourite and being petty isn't an attractive quality, and I know, I know, these are 'young' women, but she's 20, not 12.  when her insta went quiet for weeks I knew something was up- she was a very regular poster, be it rehearsal, or dance in general or workouts etc, and so a blackout for over 3 weeks was 100% not normal. I suspect that was under orders from the DCC, that until she was off the show or similar, her posting was off the table. she's periodcally posting now, but sporadic and mostly to instagram stories not regular posts.    I think she quit rather than was cut, but if we don't see it on the show (much like how they seem to be acting like Erica doesn't exist) we're never going to know, and given she was my fave, and really did add an element to their dances, is a real shame. I was pretty devastated when I found out. inititally when I heard the rumours, I was thinking 'no way, no way was she cut' because her dancing ws such that would never happen, but then it came out that it was an off-field behaviour issue and that she's been acting out for hte last year...whatever it was, it was big, I think

But don't you think that the tweet could be toward someone else, like Jenna? She made Jenna's try out routine dance, plus her own. She had posts that they were all BFF. If what this board says is true, that Jenna threw her under the bus, maybe her beef is not with DCC but with Jenna. Maybe Jenna got a lighter sentence than her, which made her so upset, so she made a rash decision. Then she may come to regret it, or they may reach out to her, and they reconcile. I just don't see how this situation can't be remediated. 

I guess what bothers me so much is that just a few weeks ago, she was on the team and was happy, and now all of a sudden, she is off, and there is no explanation? Then the Erica thing? I feel betrayed by DCC and the show. I really do.  I really am a fan and have watched since the first season and this is really the only show I look forward to! I know, this all sounds so pathetic, but I really am so upset. I wouldn't have cared this much otherwise, but the circumstances are so suspect and all of the secrecy and media blackout by everyone.... 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Spooky said:

Same. I really don't get it. Usually I looove this show but this year just. Don't. Care. I fast forward through it and am not emotionally attached to anyone. Except Brennan a little. Even the team on social media has me at meh. With all the stars gone, it really just feels like a job, not a family. Watching them is lackluster and frankly just sad. Too bad because man I've been a fan for a long time. ?This year really is the "often imitated" team. 

• Love 6