Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Saw the show group at Oxnard performing and was surprised to see 13 girls dancing.  I watched it several times with different views and it is apparently when dancing in pairs and then one group of 3.  Took an alternate girl?

(edited)
12 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Saw the show group at Oxnard performing and was surprised to see 13 girls dancing.  I watched it several times with different views and it is apparently when dancing in pairs and then one group of 3.  Took an alternate girl?

Erica's out with a shoulder/neck injury

And I just noticed when I popped up the tags on this that it appears to be LAST years Oxnard photo??
Edited by DCCFanInKy
Add Insta link
58 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

There are normally 16 girls on show group I believe. There are this year. 3 of them are rookie candidates and they don't normally perform at Oxnard.

11 hours ago, Silverleaf said:

I'd argue waiting until the end gives the girls a better chance to practice and improve themselves.

But there's no way they're going to keep them all on the team. So yeah maybe one girl will be lucky enough to prove herself at the very last minute, but 4 other girls are going to get their heart broken on the very last day. That's cruel.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

But there's no way they're going to keep them all on the team. So yeah maybe one girl will be lucky enough to prove herself at the very last minute, but 4 other girls are going to get their heart broken on the very last day. That's cruel.

Exactly!  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't know. If it were me, I'd take solace in the fact that I made it up until the very last practice before being cut. It's heartbreaking no matter when they get cut, but at least you knew you had a legit shot at making the team if you went all the way, only to be cut at the end. Or at the very least, K&J were really hoping you'd show them you had what it takes to make it. I'd rather have that than get cut early.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, crazydegulady said:

There are normally 16 girls on show group I believe. There are this year. 3 of them are rookie candidates and they don't normally perform at Oxnard.

I thought Kelli, Maggie, and Madeline all went last year when they were rookies

23 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That was the first that happened. Maybe they felt like those girls were needed, but in previous years it was always veteran members of show group. 

12 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

have they even had practice? i feel like they took their summer break, even kelli was on vacation.  i could be wrong tho. 

They still have rehearsal...everything goes on even when K & J have vacay. The cameras are not with us errday, errweek throughout training camp. 

15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Does that mean they're done making cuts in general or just for this past week?

Who's to say. If they stick with 36, then yes. It will be some tough decisions over the next few weeks. 

• Love 1

Lisa the DCC seamstress said a few week ago on her FB page that squad photo isn't scheduled until August 22 this year. I commented that it sounded awfully late and she said she was surprised as well. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Last year, rookie KelliQ and Mandy went to Oxnard. Rookie Maddie and Mandy did not go. Just my opinion: they got to go because they needed blondes and these two were the top performers out of the blonde rookies at the time. (I MISS MANDY!!)

Edited by SnoopyJam
  • Love 1

Wow, hope Erica can make it back this season, love that girl... I would want to be cut last, so I know I got every single learning opportunity and every possible chance to showcase my ability. Then again, couch potato and not a rookie candidate haha!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SnoopyJam said:

Last year, rookie KelliQ and Mandy went to Oxnard. Rookie Maddie and Mandy did not go. Just my opinion: they got to go because they needed blondes and these two were the top performers out of the blonde rookies at the time. (I MISS MANDY!!)

Mandy did go to Oxnard.

12 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Lisa the DCC seamstress said a few week ago on her FB page that squad photo isn't scheduled until August 22 this year. I commented that it sounded awfully late and she said she was surprised as well. 

The first preseason home game is Aug 19th.... why would they wait until afterwards? That's strange!

8 hours ago, SnoopyJam said:

Maddie and Maggie were at the Advocare convention last year.  It was either right before or right after Oxnard.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Tootie said:

The first preseason home game is Aug 19th.... why would they wait until afterwards? That's strange!

To officially announce the team AT the game?  That IS strange....

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

To officially announce the team AT the game?  That IS strange....

I think she means the scheduling of the squad photo. They'll of course have the team announced before the game.

Maybe its later because they have extra episodes this season and will be filming other stuff beforehand? 

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Maybe its later because they have extra episodes this season and will be filming other stuff beforehand? 

We can hope....like the Squad retreat they used to do and maybe Calendar?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

It would be great if we did get extra episodes this year. Season 7 remains one of my favorites because of the extra episodes they included.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I don't think CMT went with them to Bimini, but maybe we'll get a glimpse of it. 

On 7/21/2017 at 2:46 AM, Kiki88 said:

I've been looking into going to that game as well as I live in the Atlanta area. It's crazy how much they are going for !  I've been to other Falcons games and they were way cheaper. It's just because it's the Cowboys and people will pay it. The fan base in ATL is surprisingly big. 

I live in Atlanta too and I believe the tickets are higher because of the new Football Dome that opens this season. I think that it's really ridiculous to charge that much for tickets. The average household can't afford that!! 

54 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

It would be great if we did get extra episodes this year. Season 7 remains one of my favorites because of the extra episodes they included.

Extended CMT season (episodes), squad photo is later because there are a few extra things going on this season. We don't have to have the photo to announce....it's been done with cameos before. 

• Love 7

They may not make any more cuts or just one more because in 2012 they only cut 5 Carla, popcorn Kelly, Amy, Meagan(Hollys friend) and the mystery girl they never mentioned. So who knows...  Whatever the case I am so excited already to watch this season YAY

47 minutes ago, MimiC said:

Noticed Tara Szybillo had an Instastory showing a little lake and saying "talk about a practice space ". ?

Not seeing it.  Is she public? If so, can you post link?

21 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Not seeing it.  Is she public? If so, can you post link?

It's an Insta story, click on her profile picture for the temporary clip. Can't be linked. 

A further explanation and reminder: The Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody that is related to the show as long as it does not violate site rules, i.e. is racist or homophobic etc. You can disagree without requesting or demanding they explain or persuade you. Being rude or snarky or attacking another poster is never allowed.

• Love 7

The topic is now open again to talk about Tryouts and Training Camp. Please talk about that and not what caused it to get locked. Any post looking for information about yesterday's lockdown will be removed. Be sure your post reflects the forum and site guidelines of Be Civil. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Peek403 said:

New to this forum. Would like to know if Kelsey is in Training Camp, on the team...etc.......anything?

Do you mean Kelsey L. (aka 50 yard line Kelsey)? If so, yes, she is a 2nd year vet and is in training camp :)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Do you mean Kelsey L. (aka 50 yard line Kelsey)? If so, yes, she is a 2nd year vet and is in training camp :)

HaHa!  I prefer to call her "linebacker sacks the quarterback"  Kelsey!  HaHa.  She is one of my favorites!  Thank you so much for the information!  So looking forward to next week!

• Love 4

I am so disconnected this year. I don't feel like I know any of the rookie candidates at all. Last year all of the spoilers really helped me connect with the girls, and this year I am left making shit up in my head LOL

• Love 8
(edited)

I think any cuts this week will happen tonight or tomorrow if they're practicing tomorrow. Especially after a break I feel like they'd give them a little time to get back into it.

I know Shelly said there were still rehearsals going on but I still feel like after some were on break there might be a grace period there. But what do I know I'm no where near Texas. LOL

Edited by SanLynn
clarity