Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I think Kelsey has a MUCH better personality than Ashley Paige.

I think she's definitely less composed and has less of a wall up then Ashley Paige.  Ashley Paige is so "together" that it seems rehearsed and not true reflection of personality

• Love 1
On 4/11/2017 at 6:40 PM, Oranaiche said:

Yeah, don't think they would take her regardless of the size of her derrière. Nothing about this says DCC to me.

Aside from her eye popping innertubes, In some of her photos she looks like she is about 50. She looks like she belongs on a "Real Housewives" show; not on the field as a DCC. 

• Love 5
On 4/16/2017 at 2:21 PM, sleepyjean said:

I wonder if she plans to audition. Clearly kicks and jump splits will not be a problem!

She is really cute! Something about her...reminds me of Kat. Maybe the way she moves.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Anyone think auto Amy will come back to try out AGAIN?

I don't think she will.   I think she realizes she isn't one of those ladies who can fulfill every requirement needed to be a DCC.  But she sure gave it all she had and I like her for that.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't think she will.   I think she realizes she isn't one of those ladies who can fulfill every requirement needed to be a DCC.  But she sure gave it all she had and I like her for that.

Definitely not. GSW are likely going to go pretty far in play offs

• Love 1
13 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Anyone think auto Amy will come back to try out AGAIN?

She's better off being a dancer for GSW. Their seasons are longer and there's always hopes of going deep into playoffs for their team. I feel like she's meant for Basketball rather than Football cheer.

1 hour ago, iwtv123 said:

What are the chances of a random girl making the squad? It seems like you have to be on their radar and that they have an idea of girls before auditions even start?

I think a lot of the girls are random. Holly hadn't been to any of the MK classes before her auditions that I know of. I don't think half the girls that are 2nd year veterans were on their radar.

With all these people who post videos from classes, I'm curious about something.  Do they typically pay a tuition fee to the school and take classes whenever they want, do they pay per class, or is either option available?  Having never taken a dance class in my life, I have no idea how this works.

Edited by ByTor
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

With all these people who post videos from classes, I'm curious about something.  Do they typically pay a tuition fee to the school and take classes whenever they want, do they pay per class, or is either option available?  Having never taken a dance class in my life, I have no idea how this works.

I think Michelle is pay per class. She usually has prices in the description when she posts the dance she's doing for the next week.

So it looks like Kitty (with the help of Melissa and Jinelle) had a prep class last night on the field at the star. 

Those who posted pictures/videos on insta 

@chisara_the_cutie

@karrie_ann17 (former HTC)

@jiggly.the.puff (Kay[la] Karnes)

@leels._

@taylorraylynnn 

@abbypenprase

@capturinglifesmoments (Madeline Camp)

@madelynfrances

@cristi_fisher

@saundrairene

@thebrittanyelle

Victoria and Dayton

and I saw @itswhitnaay in pictures

ETA: some of these girls are already on the list and I think a couple are too young but I included every public Insta I saw 

Edited by GeauxHogs
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, GeauxHogs said:

So it looks like Kitty (with the help of Melissa and Jinelle) had a prep class last night on the field at the star. 

Those who posted pictures/videos on insta 

@chisara_the_cutie

@karrie_ann17 (former HTC)

@jiggly.the.puff (Kay[la] Karnes)

@leels._

@taylorraylynnn 

@abbypenprase

@capturinglifesmoments (Madeline Camp)

@madelynfrances

@cristi_fisher

@saundrairene

@thebrittanyelle

Victoria and Dayton

and I saw @itswhitnaay in pictures

ETA: some of these girls are already on the list and I think a couple are too young but I included every public Insta I saw 

Thank you!!! I'll update the list!!:)

3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Some of the above Instagram handles are killing me. Jiggly the puff? Lol.

JigglyPuff is actually the name of a Pokemon character. Oddly enough, when JigglyPuff sings, people fall asleep and he uses a magic marker to draw on those sleeping. They wake up pretty angry. I only know this because my son is a Pokemon junkie!?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

JigglyPuff is actually the name of a Pokemon character. Oddly enough, when JigglyPuff sings, people fall asleep and he uses a magic marker to draw on those sleeping. They wake up pretty angry. I only know this because my son is a Pokemon junkie!?

Lol yeah I know what Jigglypuff is. Just more laughing at the fact that a young adult would make it their Instagram handle.

• Love 1

Victoria is still too young, but I wonder if Dayton will audition this year, since she is back in DFW. I guess she decided college in Arizona wasn't awesome.

On the one hand, if Dayton's got the goods and it's something she wants to do, I'd love to see her go for it. She seems like a nice girl and a talented dancer. On the other hand, I'd hate to see anyone subjected to the kind of treatment Cassie was (and apparently still is) subjected to. It's already starting with Victoria and she still has a year to go. Dayton has largely been unscathed to this point.

Interesting factoid: Jiggly/Kayla will be dancing on her college dance team this fall. That team is now headed by former DCC/former Dolphins Cheerleader Director Emily (Newton) Snow. So maybe Kayla will turn up at DCC auditions in a year or two.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Victoria is still too young, but I wonder if Dayton will audition this year, since she is back in DFW. I guess she decided college in Arizona wasn't awesome.

On the one hand, if Dayton's got the goods and it's something she wants to do, I'd love to see her go for it. She seems like a nice girl and a talented dancer. On the other hand, I'd hate to see anyone subjected to the kind of treatment Cassie was (and apparently still is) subjected to. It's already starting with Victoria and she still has a year to go. Dayton has largely been unscathed to this point.

Interesting factoid: Jiggly/Kayla will be dancing on her college dance team this fall. That team is now headed by former DCC/former Dolphins Cheerleader Director Emily (Newton) Snow. So maybe Kayla will turn up at DCC auditions in a year or two.

I think Dayton is awesome and a much cleaner dancer than Victoria at this stage. Not sure if she would audition this year though or wait for Victoria and do it together next year. 

7 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I think Dayton is awesome and a much cleaner dancer than Victoria at this stage. Not sure if she would audition this year though or wait for Victoria and do it together next year. 

Dayton's auditioning this year. CMT interviewed her at Prep Class on Friday

Edited by iwtv123
  • Love 7

Another girl to add to the list: @kalyssaokc

She was at the field prep class and I think she's definitely a contender! Not sure how she'll look next to the vets but I think she'll make finals. (My phone is acting up and not letting me copy over her Insta videos) 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, AmberRP said:

Another girl to add to the list: @kalyssaokc

She was at the field prep class and I think she's definitely a contender! Not sure how she'll look next to the vets but I think she'll make finals. (My phone is acting up and not letting me copy over her Insta videos) 

Thanks for the tip. She's really beautiful, albeit overly made up (but that's just the thing these days it seems). She reminds me a bit of current DCC Stephanie in some of her pictures.

7 hours ago, iwtv123 said:

Dayton's auditioning this year. CMT interviewed her at Prep Class on Friday

Awesome news if true. I'm excited to see Dayton audition. I hope she comes out like a rockstar so there's no question about merit versus nepotism if she makes the team. I don't think I can handle another ten years of arguments over that, lol.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Thanks for the tip. She's really beautiful, albeit overly made up (but that's just the thing these days it seems). She reminds me a bit of current DCC Stephanie in some of her pictures.

Awesome news if true. I'm excited to see Dayton audition. I hope she comes out like a rockstar so there's no question about merit versus nepotism if she makes the team. I don't think I can handle another ten years of arguments over that, lol.

Kalyssa's dancing seems out of control, especially in the first vid. I'd like to see her with less makeup and sans filters, too. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Kalyssa's dancing seems out of control, especially in the first vid. I'd like to see her with less makeup and sans filters, too. 

This video and the other one are playing in slow motion. Is it supposed to be that way or is something wrong?

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

This video and the other one are playing in slow motion. Is it supposed to be that way or is something wrong?

Playing normal speed for me, so not sure.

2 hours ago, cgloss said:

Interesting. Her dancing looks pretty good overall to me. Certainly better than some of the hopefuls we've seen post videos. But I'm also not a dancer so my opinion must be taken with a grain of salt, heh. I agree about the make up and filters, but she's definitely a pretty girl. I think they'll like her look and might need to just clean her up a little.

• Love 2

Dayton is Shelly Bramhall's daughter. Shelly Bramhall (who posts here as ShellyB) is a 5 yr DCC vet who currently works for the DCC organization. Dayton looks just like her.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, cgloss said:

Yeah I know what you mean, I thought that she was dancing with too much 'pop' but if she can just tone it down a bit (and the makeup lol) she'd be good I think.

• Love 2

Here is my most up to date list!! I've tried to add everyone that has been posted on the forum. If you have another, please let me know!! Remember, this list is everyone. People that have confirmed they're trying out, people who tried out last year and we want to watch and see what happens this year, and people who may have attended prep classes. Yay tryouts!

Caitlin Patten @caitlinpatten (P)
Sheridan McDowell @sheridangracemcdowell 
Ally Cheatham @allycheatham (P)
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher
Jenny Smith @jenny.smith9
Whitney Robertson @itswhitnaay
Cami Branson @camibranson1
Celinda @_celinderella
Miranda Tims @mirandatims
Hunter Blackwell @hunternblackwell
Madeline West @madeline_west
Kyndall Fuller @kynfuller
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Alex Marin @alexandreamarin
Samantha Fink @finkerbell75
Haleigh Sigwalt @haleighanneee
Demi Broselle @demi_summer (P)
Kathryn Antos @kathrynantos
Belinda Kathryn @belindak04
Macy @macythemermaid 
Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15
Courtney Grandstand @courtneyylaine (twitter-@courtlaine17)
Sarah Stiles @_saranicole
Marina @marina_jo_
Julia Austin @juliaaustin
Bella Bassan @belllabassan 
Chenise Johnson @chenisej
Ashley Gallagher @ashley_gallagher
Saundra Jessie @saundrairene 
Victoria Olsen @victoria_marie2014
Tessa Grace @tesssagracee 
Kenedy Douglas @kenedy.douglas
Mckynna Coconougher @mckynnakc
Taryn Tompkins @taryntompkins
Kali McKelson @kalimckelson
Savana Christianson @savanaaaa
Brennan @brennanashley
Brittaney Whitley @b_whitleyyy
Tori Skillings @toriskillings
Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle
Kalyssa Singleton @kalyssaokc
Ashley Salaiz @ashley_salaiz
Breana Hobbs @breanahobbs
Kylee Wideman @k_monee
Royesha Gibson @royeshagibson
Samantha Vaughn @_samiv_
Lauren Parker @lamaparker
Abby Penprase @abbypenprase
Janie Ginn @janieginn
Gina Ligi @ginaligi
Chisara @chisara_the_cutie
@karrie_ann17
Kayla Karnes @jiggly_thepuff
@leels._
Tay Cobb @taylorraylynnn
Madeline Camp @capturinglifesmoments
Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances
Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Twitter:
Marah @_itsMarasworld

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

Here is my most up to date list!! I've tried to add everyone that has been posted on the forum. If you have another, please let me know!! Remember, this list is everyone. People that have confirmed they're trying out, people who tried out last year and we want to watch and see what happens this year, and people who may have attended prep classes. Yay tryouts!

Caitlin Patten @caitlinpatten (P)
Sheridan McDowell @sheridangracemcdowell 
Ally Cheatham @allycheatham (P)
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher
Jenny Smith @jenny.smith9
Whitney Robertson @itswhitnaay
Cami Branson @camibranson1
Celinda @_celinderella
Miranda Tims @mirandatims
Hunter Blackwell @hunternblackwell
Madeline West @madeline_west
Kyndall Fuller @kynfuller
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Alex Marin @alexandreamarin
Samantha Fink @finkerbell75
Haleigh Sigwalt @haleighanneee
Demi Broselle @demi_summer (P)
Kathryn Antos @kathrynantos
Belinda Kathryn @belindak04
Macy @macythemermaid 
Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15
Courtney Grandstand @courtneyylaine (twitter-@courtlaine17)
Sarah Stiles @_saranicole
Marina @marina_jo_
Julia Austin @juliaaustin
Bella Bassan @belllabassan 
Ashley Gallagher @ashley_gallagher
Saundra Jessie @saundrairene 
Victoria Olsen @victoria_marie2014
Tessa Grace @tesssagracee 
Kenedy Douglas @kenedy.douglas
Mckynna Coconougher @mckynnakc
Taryn Tompkins @taryntompkins
Kali McKelson @kalimckelson
Savana Christianson @savanaaaa
Brennan @brennanashley
Brittaney Whitley @b_whitleyyy
Tori Skillings @toriskillings
Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle
Kalyssa Singleton @kalyssaokc
Ashley Salaiz @ashley_salaiz
Breana Hobbs @breanahobbs
Kylee Wideman @k_monee
Royesha Gibson @royeshagibson
Samantha Vaughn @_samiv_
Lauren Parker @lamaparker
Abby Penprase @abbypenprase
Janie Ginn @janieginn
Gina Ligi @ginaligi
Chisara @chisara_the_cutie
@karrie_ann17
Kayla Karnes @jiggly_thepuff
@leels._
Tay Cobb @taylorraylynnn
Madeline Camp @capturinglifesmoments
Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances
Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Twitter:
Marah @_itsMarasworld

you da GOAT!! thank you!! 

Wow, Cami Branson is trying out again?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Former Ice Angel Julia planning to try out this year.

From her Twitter is looks like she tried out for Brooklyn Nets dancers in 2015.  I assume she didn't make it because her Twitter was silent from then until Feb of this year.

I was going to ask the same about Cami. I see her name on the list of try-outs but thanks sleepyjean for the update. Maybe Cami will wait to try-out again after college.

Also, I am impressed and shocked that Kyndall Fuller is trying out again.

I also really like Kalyssa...

13 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I was going to ask the same about Cami. I see her name on the list of try-outs but thanks sleepyjean for the update. Maybe Cami will wait to try-out again after college.

Also, I am impressed and shocked that Kyndall Fuller is trying out again.

I also really like Kalyssa...

Can we get full confirmation of that. I'm really hoping this is her year. Cut last for two years, this HAS to be her year. 

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Can we get full confirmation of that. I'm really hoping this is her year. Cut last for two years, this HAS to be her year. 

I can't give confirmation. I read that she was trying out someone else's post.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:02 AM, dreamcatcher said:

I do see some improvement and since I've been pretty critical of her, I guess it's a huge compliment :P But I do agree that she's more of a contemporary dancer and there are only a few who can go from contemporary to hip hop. For me she's just not a natural, but that doesn't mean she isn't an incredible (contemporary) dancer. Just like you wouldn't judge a ballerina from her pom/hip hop skills, I don't think that saying Victoria isn't a dcc style kind of dancer means she isn't talented in general.

I follow Victoria her and I think she is pretty and seems sweet. However, she needs more flexibility in her hips, she seems stiff. However, you can tell she loves dancing and she catches your eye because of her ability to perform. We all know that you don't need to be an expert with hip hop to make the DCC, you just have to be able to hold your own and I think she does just not as well as her own original contemporary style. Agreed a new hair do is in order!!

13 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Playing normal speed for me, so not sure.

Interesting. Her dancing looks pretty good overall to me. Certainly better than some of the hopefuls we've seen post videos. But I'm also not a dancer so my opinion must be taken with a grain of salt, heh. I agree about the make up and filters, but she's definitely a pretty girl. I think they'll like her look and might need to just clean her up a little.

I agree. She's a little bit frantic in the first clip, but looks pretty good in the second one. Her boob job is atrocious, but if they can get her to tone down the LOOK AT ME, she stands a good chance. Her technique isn't bad and she has a lot of pow.

• Love 2
On 3/24/2017 at 3:00 PM, bigskygirl said:

Calendar shoot was usually in April, so it looks like the move it up. I think there may be a few one year rookies who may be on the bubble if they do not bring their A++ game at finals.

Agreed on the one year Rookies. In my opinion, the ones on the chopping block are: (they are boring to me)

Jessika

Heather O

Heather H

Allie

I would say Yuko but they seem to love her. 

Oops:

I forgot about Selina and Milan, I think they are boring too. Sorry

• Love 2
On 2/17/2017 at 4:13 PM, tobeyoungagain said:

I don't see Megan there either ... the whole Jenna situation is just weird.  To retire and then not. 

This happens often. Jenn K did this too, between her 3rd and 4th year.  So did Angela. 

On 2/18/2017 at 11:40 AM, MrsEVH said:

Is there a rule about having sisters on the team? There where sisters who auditioned in the past ; Minchews, Hoffman triplets,annoying twins from Las Vegas.

Sorry, catching up and this may have already been said. I don't think there is an issue, remember the Trevino's - Trisha and Crystal were on the team together. 

Can someone please tell me when the end of the year banquet is? 

7 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

This happens often. Jenn K did this too, between her 3rd and 4th year.  So did Angela. 

Sorry, catching up and this may have already been said. I don't think there is an issue, remember the Trevino's - Trisha and Crystal were on the team together. 

Can someone please tell me when the end of the year banquet is? 

I think Shelly said it was beginning of May, has to be because auditions are the first weekend I think

On 2/19/2017 at 7:21 PM, sleepyjean said:

Mia's sister Sage is very pretty. There's a strong family resemblance with Mia. Eden is cute too, but she looks very young to me. I think Sage is 20 and Eden is 18. Or vice versa.

Below: Blonde girl (don't know her name), Victoria Kalina. Mia, Sage, Eden, Sam Finglass.

Eden is older than Sage. Sage is graduating from High School this year and attending Oklahoma and she just made the college cheerleading squad this past Saturday. 

I think all three of them are pretty. Mia, Eden and Sage. The other two sisters not pictured, I believe are the oldest two and I think that these 3 got all the looks. 

I think Kelsey, Selina, Allie, Milan, and Jessika could be on the chopping block. Simone may do well in the prep classes, but she did look soft in her swimsuit calendar shoot pictures, and she needs to be at her best at finals aka interview, solo, and on the field.

1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Agreed on the one year Rookies. In my opinion, the ones on the chopping block are: (they are boring to me)

Jessika

Heather O

Heather H

Allie

I would say Yuko but they seem to love her. 

Oops:

I forgot about Selina and Milan, I think they are boring too. Sorry

I can see how some of these might be considered boring/possible to be on the bubble. I feel pretty confident that the Heathers will be safe, especially Heather O. I also think Jessika will be safe. Allie I also think will be ok, mostly because I think she's in better shape now than she was when she made the team, so I don't see them cutting her for body issues. Yuko, Selina, and Milan I'm indifferent about. Don't care either way.