Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: PTSDee

• Start Topic

And I'm back remembering to start the thread. In case you haven't seen the commercial, here's what we got:

After finding out she's a male stripper's "rock bottom," Dee goes on a mission to prove she's the best thing that ever happened to him. Dennis takes over for the stripper with the help of his bag boy, Charlie. Meanwhile, Mac and Frank get sucked into a VR war game that causes Mac to develop his own case of PTSD.

So that's two kids technically killed this season? I guess three, with the kid Frank threw in the soup back in the war.

"Sweet Dee is a rock!" And in walks Cricket. That was excellent timing. Also, Cricket as the first "stripper" was one of my favorite things.

Good to see that Old Black Man still sleeps with Mac & Dee. 

Also, no shock to see Dennis become a stripper, and that Mac dreamed about making out with him. I loved Dennis & Charlie's Daddy & The Boy costumes. Also no shock that being a daddy was all a power thing for Dennis.

Oh my god...that ending was glorious.

EDIT: "There's nothing sexy about cheese!"

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Damn. Daaaaaayyyymnnn. Just when you think you've seen it all, Dee gets a stripper to unwittingly grind on his daughter. Sure, we got Dee seeming to try and not be the guy's rock bottom, Dennis' commitment to the stripping persona, Mac falling out of reality, and Charlie being clueless as usual . . . but that was a new low for this show. Unless there was an episode I missed. I'm not bitching about it . . . I gasped at "DAD??!?!!" and watched in awe as Dee's master plan came to bear fruit.

Cricket being Dallas Buyers Club Matthew McConaughey? Nice. How is he still alive? He never hits rock bottom . . . he drills to China, then proceeds to go into orbit. If the nukes drop, he have a slightly better shot at surviving than the Gang.

• Love 3

Wowwww...Dee went super dark but damn I'm still laughing  at it.

Dennis's dancing in Macs dream was hilarious.

The whole daddy and the boy schtick at the end really cracked me up. Especially with the crowd wondering wtf was going on.

Funny episode ..I like it.

• Love 4

The make-up job on Rickety Cricket was excellent. I really appreciate that this show does so well in that department; it's usually so subtle that it stands out. Like when Dennis and Dee were on crack and got sicklier looking as the episode went on.

Funnily enough to me, I didn't see the ending coming, even though Dee said she was going to re-introduce him to his daughter. Then the gang deciding not to deal with their issues, as usual, just brought it home. 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, JyDanzig said:

They spent a little too much time on the war-game stuff, but otherwise, loved this episode!  The little gay Mac details were great.

Was that Dennis backstory with the librarian previously established?

Yes, although I had forgotten about it until Charlie mentioned it. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, GenL said:

Yes, although I had forgotten about it until Charlie mentioned it. 

It was brought up last season, and Dee said the librarian was 50 and she looked like Rick Moranis.

3 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

I love how Dennis and Charlie were taking the father/son duo so literally. The song and the playing catch was so damn funny.

I wasn't sure if Charlie and Dennis were consciously or not referring to Mac and his sad failure to ever play catch with a father figure.  It's a hilarious part of Mac's character regardless, and I'm so glad they brought back Mac's Dad, who is as scary as anyone on Breaking Bad ever was.

• Love 2

When I read the summary, I was afraid it was going to be as weak as last season's Dee Made a Smut Film.  This episode was idiotic, but it was hilarious. 

I've said how I wished this season had more episodes where the gang didn't really do anything except create mayhem and wallow in their awfulness, and this one fit the bill.  It had one of those insane, illogical conversations I love in this show, when Dennis and Charlie were pointing out how terrible each others lives were, and then suddenly Dennis comes to the conclusion that he should be a stripper.  I'm struggling to decide whether Dee was more awful to the Soldier Stripper or to Cricket when she convinced him to leave the priesthood and then told him she wouldn't go out with him.  And Frank and Dee crossing a line that made even Dennis and Mac embarrassed in the PTSD support group was a great scene.

• Love 1

Knowing Sunny, I had already predicted that the daughter would be in the audience and would turn out to be that particular actress in the front row. However, I didn't suspect for a minute that Dee would have done it on purpose! It's awesome that even when I think I know how disturbed the show is, it can get worse.

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, JyDanzig said:

Was that Dennis backstory with the librarian previously established?

Yes,I forgot the ep it was in, but it was a call back.

As soon as Dee told Mike she was going to reunite him with his estranged daughter, I knew what was going to happen but wondered why she'd do it.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Yes,I forgot the ep it was in, but it was a call back.

As soon as Dee told Mike she was going to reunite him with his estranged daughter, I knew what was going to happen but wondered why she'd do it.

The episode last season where that centered around the art gallery I think was where it came up, though it may have been mentioned once before that as well. 

• Love 1
On 2/18/2017 at 11:28 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

The episode last season where that centered around the art gallery I think was where it came up, though it may have been mentioned once before that as well. 

You are correct that "Dee Made a Smut Film" is the episode last year that really established "statutory rape", but I also agree that the predecessor to that episode ("Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life" in season 4) laid the groundwork.

• Love 1

For some reason, the college  girl yelling "Get your dick out!!"  Just cracked me up

Its along the same lines as Mac saying "We are Chemical Toilet!" and Dennis saying "Ahh.....Pepper Jack..." in earlier episodes.  Short ones that just by themselves don't mean much, but so funny in the context and the way they are delivered.

• Love 6
On 2/17/2017 at 2:13 PM, Ubiquitous said:

I totally forgot that Dee said that, so I was totally surprised.  Loved this episode.  I wish we had seen Dennis and Charlie doing their Father/son thing for the old ladies.  And of course having them strip to Cat Stevens singing Father and Son was perfect.